Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Burmese:
Common Names in Chinese:
Da Guo Lan Sa, Lan Sa, Lan Sa Guo (Taiwan)
Common Names in Danish:
Langsat, Langsep, Sød Duku
Common Names in Dutch:
Doekoe, Kokosan, Langsep
Common Names in English:
Langsat, Duku, Lansa, Lanzon, Large-Fruited Duku, Longkong, Sweet Duku, Very Sweet Duku
Common Names in French:
Duku Doux à Large Fruit, Duku Doux à Petit Fruit, Langsep, Lansium
Common Names in German:
Dukubaum, Echter Lansabaum, Langsat, Lansabaum, Lansibaum, Süßer Duku
Common Names in Italian:
Duku Dolce, Lansio, Lanzone
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Korean:
Lang Sat, Long Kong (Long Gong)
Common Names in Malay:
Bidjitan (West Java), Ceroring (Bali), Dokong, Dookkoo (Java, Duki, Duku, Kokosan, Langsat, Pidjitan (West Java), Pisitan, Sumatra)
Common Names in Portuguese:
Arbol-Do-Duku, Arbol-Do-Lanza, Duku-Doce
Common Names in Spanish:
árbol De Lanza, Arbol De Duku, Arbol De Lanza, Duku Dulce, Lansones (Philippines), Lanzón
Common Names in Spanish (Philippines):
Common Names in Tagalog:
Buahan, Duku, Lansones
Common Names in Thai:
Duku, Langsat, Langsat Waan, Long Gong, Longkong
Common Names in Vietnamese:
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February, March. • Flower Color: near white, pale yellow, white
Size: 30-40' tall.
Culture: Space 20-30' apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 6.1 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rutanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Publishing author : Corr?a Publication : Ann. Mus. Hist. Nat., Paris x . 157 (1807)
Members of the genus Lansium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 320, p. 320.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 362.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 161, p. 36, p. 38.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 168.
- A manual of Indian timbers; an account of the growth, distribution, and uses of the trees and shrubs of India and Ceylon with descriptions of their wood-structure, by J. S. Gamble... London: S. Low, Marston & co. ltd., 1902. url p. 150.
- A manual of gardening for Bengal and Upper India. By Thomas A. C. Firminger. .. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and co.; [etc., etc.]1874. url p. 228, p. 614.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, by L.H. Pammel Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch press, 1911. url p. 948.
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L.H. Pammel. Cedar Rapids, Iowa: Torch Press, 1910-1911. url p. 948.
- American breeders magazine / American Breeders Association. [Washington, D.C.: ]The Association, url p. 214.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. Illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1825. url p. 784.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 784.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 368.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 13 1896 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 101, p. 264, p. 34, p. 40, p. 75.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 59.
- Annals of horticulture in North America for the year 1893. A witness of passing events and a record of progress. Comprising and account of the horticulture of the Columbian exposition, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Judd, c1894. url p. 198.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York, New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 306.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 389.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url p. 320, p. 368.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 152, p. 247.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 11, p. 152, p. 162, p. 247, p. 70, p. 71, p. 83.
- Bulletin. Manila, Bureau of printing, 1903- url p. 112, p. 14, p. 48.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Catalogue of economic plants in the collection of the U. S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1891. url .
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 143.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 211, p. 309, p. 48, p. 513.
- Citrus fruits in the Philippines. Manila: Bureau of Agriculture, 1915. url p. 58.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 45 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 295, p. 407, p. 424, p. 545.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 1131, p. 267, p. 268, p. 908.
- Das Obst der Tropen. Berlin, W. Susserott url , p. 30, p. 31.
- Emergency food plants and poisonous plants of the islands of the Pacific / [E.D. Merrill] Washington, D.C.: U.S. Govt. Print. Office, 1943. url , p. 145, p. 83, p. 85.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 19, p. 314, p. 315, p. 316, p. 317, p. 318, p. 319, p. 320, p. 350.
- Flora of the Presidency of Madras / by J.S. Gamble. London: West, Newman and Adlard, 1915- url p. 182.
- Food for the tropics, being a short description of native produce suitable for food in tropical countries, by T. M. MacKnight. London, W. Thacker & co.; [etc., etc.]1904. url p. 85.
- Fragmenta Florae Philippinae: contributions to the flora of the Philippine Islands / by J. Perkins. Leipzig: Gebr. Borntraeger, 1904-1905. url p. 208, p. 75.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1294.
- Index of plants. 1912. Singapore, Printed at the Methodist Publishing House, 1912. url .
- Indian trees: an account of trees, shrubs, woody climbers, bamboos, and palms indigenous or commonly cultivated in the British Indian empire / London: A. Constable, 1906. url p. 144.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 979.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 14, p. 23, p. 25, p. 37, p. 45, p. 46, p. 54, p. 55, p. 55, p. 70, p. 83, p. 92, p. 98.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 202, p. 341, p. 597.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 19 1999 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 120, p. 60.
- Leaflets of Philippine botany. I-X Manila: Oriental Printing Co., 1906-1939. url p. 3895.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 12, p. 17, p. 26, p. 260, p. 27, p. 27, p. 28, p. 29, p. 29, p. 29, p. 29, p. 30, p. 31, p. 31, p. 318, p. 32, p. 33, p. 34, p. 37, p. 38, p. 39, p. 39, p. 455, p. 46, p. 487, p. 62, p. 65, p. 66, p. 69, p. 7.
- Manual of tropical and subtropical fruits, excluding the banana, coconut, pineapple, citrus fruits, olive, and fig, by Wilson Popenoe. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1920. url p. 426, p. 426, p. 467, p. 467.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 79.
- Materials for a flora of the Malayan Peninsula. By George King [and J.S. Gamble]. Calcutta;1889-1936. url p. 569.
- Memoirs of the National Academy of Sciences. Washington, D. C.: Government Printing Office, 1866- url p. 64.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url .
- Natural science. London: Macmillan & Co., [1892-1899] url p. 196.
- Natural science: a monthly review of scientific progress. London [etc.]: Macmillan and Company [etc.], [1892-1899] url p. 196.
- Official guide to the Botanic Gardens, Dominica: illustrated: with an index of the principal plants. Dominica: The Garden, 1922? url p. 29.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url , p. 1414, p. 1415, p. 545.
- Philosophical magazine. London: Taylor & Francis. url p. 69.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 677.
- Proceedings of the First Agricultural Conference, Malaya, held at the Chamber of Commerce, Kuala Lumpur, April 25th to 28th 1917.. ..; ed. by L. Lewton-Brain and B. Bunting. Kuala Lumpur, Govt. Printer, 1917. url p. 151.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 91.
- Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh. Edinburgh: The Society, 1858-1955 url p. 445.
- Report of the Commissioner of Patents for the year 1859: agriculture. Washington, D.C.: George Bowman, printer, 1860. url p. 337.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 499, p. 500.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 11, p. 62, p. 70, p. 71.
- Species Blancoanae: a critical revision of the Philippine species of plants described by Blanco and by Llanos /by E.D. Merrill. 1918 Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1918. url p. 211.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 326.
- Suggestions received by the Agricultural & Horticultural Society of India for extending the cultivation and introduction of useful and ornamental plants: with a view to the improvement of the agricultural and commercial resources of India / compiled by Henry Harpur Spry. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1841. url p. 18, p. 200.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 330.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 123, p. 39.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 460.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 345.
- The Philippine journal of science. Manila: Bureau of Science url , p. 103, p. 111, p. 137, p. 368, p. 373, p. 468, p. 646, p. 73, p. 767, p. 78, p. 80.
- The birds of Celebes and the neighbouring islands / A.B. Meyer and L.W. Wiglesworth. Berlin: R. Friedländer, 1898. url p. 39, p. 940.
- The flora of Singapore. Singapore, 1900 url p. 60.
- The gardens' bulletin, Straits Settlements. Singapore: Straits Times Press, 1913-1941. url p. 205.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1704.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 758.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 61.
- Through Central Borneo; an account of two years' travel in the land of the head-hunters between the years 1913 and 1917, by Carl Lumholtz. .. with illustrations from photographs by the author and with map. New York: C. Scribner's sons, 1920. url p. 458.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 277.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. 14 1825 London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 117, p. 129, p. 604.
- Tropical and subtropical fruits / by B. E. Dahlgren, Curator Emeritus, Dept. of Botany, Drawings by Albert Frey. [Chicago]:Chicago Natural History Museum, 1947. url p. 12, p. 71.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 628.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 31, p. 36.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 12, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 10, 2007:
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2670393
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-506421
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13764117
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:578879-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 70393
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 506421
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 578879-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: LADO2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 45223