Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Czech:
Hluchavka Nachová, Hluchavka Purpurová
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Paarse Dovenetel, Purperen Dovenetel
Common Names in English:
Dead Nettle, Hybrid Deadnettle, Purple Dead Nettle, Purple Dead-Nettle, Purple Deadnettle, Red Archangel, Red Dead Nettle, Red Dead-Nettle, Red Deadnettle
Common Names in French:
Consoude Tubéreuse, Lamier Pourpre, Lamier Rouge, Ortie Morte, Ortie Puante, Ortie Rouge, Pain De Poulet
Common Names in German:
Purpur-Taubnessel, Purpurrot Taubnessel, Rote Taubnessel
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Portuguese:
. Stem leaf blades
circular or reniform
to ovate-lanceolate, margin
or dentate-serrate. Verticillasters
leaves similar, much longer
than verticillasters; bracts ± linear
, early deciduous. Calyx tubular-campanulate to campanulate
, 5- or 10-veined, ± hairy
or regular; teeth 5, subequal
, as long as or longer than tube
. Corolla purple-red, reddish, yellowish, to dirty white, 2-lipped, 2(-3) × as long as calyx, hairy outside; tube straight or incurved
or widened above annulus, subsaccate; upper lip erect
, ± galeate
; lower lip spreading, 3-lobed; middle
, emarginate or 2-lobed; lateral
lobes semicircular, margin crenate or dentate
. Stamens 4, hairy, anterior 2 longer, ascending
upper lip; anther
. Ovary lobes apically truncate
, sometimes with a membranous margin. Style apex subequally 2-cleft.
About 40 species: Africa, Asia, Europe, introduced in North America.
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February. • Flower Color: lavender, violet
Size: 6-12" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,500 meters (0 to 8,202 feet).
Culture: Space 15-18" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Lamianae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Lamium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 36 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
L. album (White Dead Nettle Lamium Album) · L. amplexicaule (Common Deadnettle) · L. confertum (Garden Henbit) · L. galeobdolon montanum 'Florentinum' (Yellow Archangel) · L. galeobdolon 'Hermann's Pride' (Hermann's Pride Deadnettle) · L. galeobdolon 'Petit Point' (Archangel) · L. galeobdolon 'Silver Spangles' (Yellow Archangel) · L. galeobdolon 'Variegatum' (Variegated Yellow Archangel) · L. garganicum (Lamium Lamium Garganicum) · L. hybridum (Cut-Leaved Dead-Nettle) · L. maculata'Golden Anniversary' (Golden Anniversary Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum (Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Album' (Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Anne Greenaway' (Anne Greenaway Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Aureum' (Aureum Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Beacon Silver' (Beacon Silver Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Beedham's White' (Beedhams White Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Cannon's Gold' (Cannons Gold Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Chequers' (Chequers Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Elisabeth De Haas' (Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Friday' (Friday Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Golden Anniversary' (Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Orchid Frost' (Orchid Frost Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Pink Chablis' (Spotted Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Pink Nancy' (Spotted Henbit) · L. maculatum 'Pink Pewter' (Pink Pewter Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Purple Dragon' (Purple Dragon Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Red Nancy' (Red Nancy Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'Shell Pink' (Dead Nettle) · L. maculatum 'White Nancy' (White Nancy Dead Nettle) · L. moschatum (Musky Deadnettle) · L. orvala (Balm-Leaved Red Deadnettle) · L. purpureum (Dead Nettle) · L. purpureum var. incisum (Purple Deadnettle) · L. purpureum var. purpureum (Purple Deadnettle) · L. tomentosum (Creeping Deadnettle)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- 1997 IUCN red list of threatened plants Cambridge: IUCN, World Conservation Union, 1998 url p. 309.
- A Flora of Berwick-upon-Tweed. By George Johnston, M.D. Edinburgh, J. Carfrae & Son; [etc., etc., ]1829-31. url p. 131.
- A catalogue of the phaenogamous plants of Great Britain: arranged according to the natural orders: with a copious list of synonyms carefully compiled from Steudel's Nomenclator botanicus, Smith's English flora, Hookers's British flora, Lindley's Synopsis, by Henry Ibbotson. London: H. Bailliere, 1848. url p. 96.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 94.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 24.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A general history of the dichlamydeous plants, comprising complete descriptions of the different orders; together with the characters of the genera and species, and an enumeration of the cultivated varieties. .. the scientific names accentuated, t By George Don. London, J.G. and F. Rivington [etc.]1831-38. url p. 818.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 818.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 169.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 375, p. 376.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 132, p. 223, p. 224.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 223.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 100, p. 36.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 113.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 112.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 121.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 101, p. 102, p. 113, p. 142, p. 210, p. 214, p. 219, p. 221, p. 223, p. 244, p. 248, p. 272, p. 32, p. 323, p. 328, p. 36, p. 397, p. 40, p. 40, p. 407, p. 47, p. 80.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 153.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 96.
- An environmental profile of the Black Sea Coast WCMC url p. 29.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 628, p. 630.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 121.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 534.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 200, p. 228, p. 228, p. 288, p. 352, p. 397, p. 89.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 103, p. 6.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 598.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 8 1897 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 142.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 239.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 74.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 104, p. 291.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 63 2006 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 31, p. 63, p. 8.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 225, p. 262.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 132, p. 286.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 125, p. 81.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 240, p. 290.
- British bees: an introduction to the study of the natural history and economy of the bees indigenous to the British Isles / London: Reeve, 1866. url .
- British entomology; being illustrations and descriptions of the genera of insects found in Great Britain and Ireland: containing coloured figures from nature of the most rare and beautiful species, and in many instances By John Curtis. London, Printed for the author, 1823-40. url .
- British moths and their transformations. London: W. Smith, 1843-45. url p. 69.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 294, p. 294.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url .
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url .
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 98.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1903 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 15, p. 17.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 6 1875-1879 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 358.
- Bulletin. [Orono.] url p. 239.
- Butterflies and moths (British) / by W. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, 1897. url p. 221, p. 252.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalogue of British Hymenoptera in the British Museum. Part 1, Andrenidae and Apidae. LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1891 url p. 170.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 390, p. 390.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 420.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 420.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 336.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 705.
- Check list of Canadian plants, by James Macoun. Ottawa, Printed by Cunningham & Lindsay, 1889. url p. 45.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 73.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 159.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 112.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 642, p. 67.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 243, p. 494.
- Contributions to the flora and fauna of Repton and neighbourhood. London, Bemrose, 1881. url p. 41.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 98.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 225.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 50.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 257, p. 340, p. 95.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United States and Canada, together with geo by L.H. Bailey; assisted by Wilhelm Miller and many expert cultivators and botanists. Toronto: Virtue, 1900. url p. 875.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 499, p. 69.
- Edinburgh journal of natural history and of the physical sciences. Edinburgh [etc.]: Published for the proprietor [etc.], 1835-1840. url p. 35.
- Edmonston's flora of Shetland: comprehending a list of the prevalent wild-flowers, horse-tails, club-mosses and ferns of the Shetland Isles. Edinburgh; Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, 1903. url p. 79.
- Elements of practical agriculture; comprehending the cultivation of plants, the husbandry of the domestic animals, and the economy of the farm. London: Longman, [etc., etc.], 1838. url p. 437.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url , .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 72.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 123.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 11, p. 18, p. 59.
- Familiar wild flowers figured and described by F. Edward Hulme. .. 1st- ser.. .. London, Cassell and company, limited, [1878- url , p. 62.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 410, p. 579.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 544.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 307.
- Flora cestrica: an herborizing companion for the young botanists of Chester County...Pennsylvania. By William Darlington. Philadelphia, Lindsay & Blakiston, 1853. url p. 212.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 216.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 216.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 60.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 323.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 323.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 221.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 149, p. 19, p. 375, p. 431, p. 455, p. 467.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for the identification of the flowering plants and ferns, by George Neville Jones. .. Notre Dame, Ind., The University Press, 1945. url p. 220.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 810.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 776.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 217.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url , .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 267, p. 268.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1960 Chicago, U.S.A.: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 823.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited (for the Bristol Naturalists' Society) by James Walter White. .. Bristol, J. Fawn & Son [etc.]1881- url p. 140.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 243.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1364.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 533.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Flora's dictionary / by a lady. Baltimore: Published by Fielding Lucas Jr., 1832. url .
- Florigraphia Britannica; or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants & ferns of Britain. London, R. Groombridge, 1841-48. url .
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 176.
- Flowers of the field, by the late Rev. C. A. Johns. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url p. 396.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url .
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 492.
- Flowers of the field. Rev. throughout and edited by Clarence Elliott. With an appendix including the Pipe-wort tribe (Eriocauleae) the Sedge tribe (Cyperaceae) and the Grass tribe (Gramineae) LondonG. Routledge[n.d.] url p. 228.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 54.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 330.
- Grevillea. London: Williams and Norgate; 1872-1894. url p. 21.
- Half-hours in the green lanes: a book for a country stroll / by J. E. Taylor. London: W. H. Allen & Company, 1898. url p. 230.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 77.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 77.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 645.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 155, p. 166.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. London, L. Reeve, 1908. url p. 359.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , p. 235, p. 239, p. 35, p. 96.
- History of Delaware County, Pennsylvania, from the discovery of the territory included within its limit to the present time, with a notice of the geology of the county, and catalogues of its minerals, plants, quadrupeds, and birds, written un by George Smith, M.D. Philadelphia, Printed by H.B. Ashmead, 1862. url p. 425, p. 425.
- Hortus Kewensis, or, A catalogue of the plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Garden at Kew /by William Aiton. .. 2 1789 London: Printed for George Nicol, Bookseller to his Majesty, 1789. url p. 297.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 234.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 32.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 166, p. 181.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 196.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 224, p. 31.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 87, p. 97.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 38.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 101, p. 109, p. 11, p. 112, p. 12, p. 13, p. 145, p. 150, p. 151, p. 153, p. 154, p. 156, p. 158, p. 163, p. 168, p. 177, p. 186, p. 19, p. 202, p. 206, p. 218, p. 221, p. 230, p. 234, p. 24, p. 275, p. 29, p. 294, p. 304, p. 313, p. 329, p. 337, p. 339, p. 347, p. 356, p. 359, p. 372, p. 391, p. 48, p. 64, p. 71, p. 80.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 1 1834 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 38.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 480, p. 495, p. 813.
- Kalm's account of his visit to England: on his way to America in 1748 / London; Macmillan, 1892. url , .
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 115, p. 38, p. 50.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 121, p. 137, p. 264, p. 272, p. 96.
- Lectures on the principle of symmetry and its applications in all natural sciences, by F. M. Jaeger. Amsterdam: Publishing company "Elsevier, ", 1920. url p. 336, p. 55.
- Leechdoms, wortcunning, and starcraft of early England. Being a collection of documents, for the most part never before printed, illustrating the history of science in this country before the Norman conquest. Collected and edited by the Rev. Oswald Cockayne. London: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts, and Green, 1864-66. url p. 19, p. 59.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 286.
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by the late Charles Cardale Babington. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1904. url p. 331.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1179.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book Co., c1889. url p. 734.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 791.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 1157.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 151, p. 18, p. 264.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , p. 115.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 533.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 9 1900 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 206, p. 286.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 115, p. 117, p. 118, p. 144, p. 297, p. 46, p. 68, p. 77, p. 91, p. 92, p. 94.
- Mémoires. Bruxelles, The Society. url p. 76.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 37.
- Natural areas inventory, Gates County, North Carolina / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development,  url p. 149.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 11, p. 346, p. 426.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 105, p. 193, p. 217, p. 218, p. 241, p. 250.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 28, p. 568, p. 617.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 154.
- On a true parthenogenesis in moths and bees, a contribution to the history of reproduction in animals. By Carl Theodor Ernst von Siebold. ..Tr. by William S. Dallas. London, John Van Voorst, Paternoster Row, 1857. url p. 32.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 69.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 64.
- Our early wild flowers: a study of the herbaceous plants blooming in early spring in the northern states / by Harriet L. Keeler. Illustrated by Mary Keffer and Eloise P. Luquer. New York: Scribner, 1916. url , p. 248.
- Philosophical magazine. London: Taylor & Francis. url p. 315.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 464.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 163, p. 280, p. 396.
- Plants of the Bermudas: or Somer's Islands / by Oswald A. Reade. Hamilton, Bermuda: Printed at the "Royal Gazette" Office, 1883. url p. 59.
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 25, p. 25.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 79, p. 92.
- Practical botany, structural and systematic, the latter portion being an analytical key to the wild flowering plants, trees, shrubs, ordinary herbs, sedges and grasses of the northern and middle United States east of the Mississippi, by August Koehler. ... New York, H. Holt and Company, 1876. url p. 394.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 48.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url , , , , p. 175, p. 175, p. 57.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 1010, p. 122, p. 122, p. 15, p. 15, p. 198, p. 198, p. 231, p. 36, p. 86.
- Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Mathematical and physical sciences. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society. url p. 86.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 27.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 16, p. 262, p. 46, p. 540, p. 572, p. 93.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 8.
- Proceedings. Halifax url p. 399.
- Proceedings. Series B. Physical sciences. Amsterdam url p. 96.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Researches about atmospheric phenomena. By Thomas Forster. London: Printed for Harding, Mavor, and Lepard, 1823. url p. 371, p. 420.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 426.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 105, p. 115, p. 147, p. 228, p. 304, p. 68.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 373.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 121, p. 139.
- Senior botany. London, Univ. Tutor. Press, 1918. url p. 351.
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 53.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 299, p. 299.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 122.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 325.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 19, p. 19, p. 19, p. 251, p. 292, p. 298, p. 298, p. 298, p. 328, p. 423, p. 423, p. 423, p. 426, p. 426, p. 71, p. 71, p. 77, p. 77.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 111, p. 113, p. 119, p. 168, p. 169, p. 172, p. 179, p. 179, p. 185, p. 227, p. 234, p. 234, p. 243, p. 251, p. 41, p. 46, p. 54, p. 55, p. 90.
- The British flora medica, or, History of the medicinal plants of Great Britain / by Benjamin H. Barton, and Thomas Castle. London: E. Cox, 1838. url , p. 377, p. 505.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous or flowering plants, and the ferns / London, 1855. url p. 327.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 444.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 388, p. 39, p. 42, p. 431, p. 88.
- The Catholic yearbook: comprehending, the circle of the seasons and key to the calendar and almanac, or the natural history, religious festivals and miscellaneous customs of the whole year adapted for all succeeding years; [by Thomas Ignatius Maria Forster] London: Keating and Brown, 1833. url p. 16.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 158, p. 321, p. 325, p. 61.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 491, p. 92, p. 491, p. 491, p. 91, p. 91.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 246, p. 280, p. 387.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 107, p. 112, p. 187, p. 256, p. 258, p. 41.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 145, p. 146.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 151.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 291.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 150, p. 190, p. 229, p. 269, p. 29, p. 420, p. 587, p. 84.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url , p. 133.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 833.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 100, p. 140, p. 156, p. 166, p. 177, p. 208, p. 260, p. 304, p. 334, p. 380, p. 384, p. 384, p. 411, p. 471, p. 477, p. 48, p. 533, p. 538, p. 583, p. 600, p. 638, p. 664, p. 701, p. 791.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 40.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 115, p. 188, p. 190, p. 25.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 23.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 420.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 20.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 19 1882 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 246, p. 386.
- The Journal of the Quekett Microscopical Club. [London: Quekett Microscopical Club, 1868]-1966. url p. 111.
- The London and Edinburgh philosophical magazine and journal of science. London: Richard and John E. Taylor, 1832-1840. url p. 103, p. 107.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 402.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 106, p. 353, p. 59.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 303.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 105, p. 119, p. 220, p. 265, p. 319, p. 347, p. 348, p. 416, p. 503.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 144, p. 153, p. 538, p. 606, p. 665, p. 667, p. 992.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 44, p. 54, p. 636.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 47.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 229, p. 252, p. 310, p. 356.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 48.
- The aims and methods of nature study: a guide for teachers / by John Rennie; with an introduction by J. Arthur Thomson. Baltimore, Md.: Warwick & York,  url p. 199.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 155, p. 312, p. 38.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 150.
- The colours of flowers as illustrated in the British flora. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 67.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 856.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url p. 419.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , .
- The farmer's guide to scientific and practical agriculture. Detailing the labors of the farmer, in all their variety, and adapting them to the seasons of the year as they successively occur. By Henry Stephens, assisted by John P. Norton. New York, L. Scott, 1850-1851. url p. 97.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 497.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 383.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 146, p. 409, p. 71.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 140.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 140.
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 79.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 88, p. 89.
- The florist, fruitist, and garden miscellany. London: Chapman and Hall, 1852- url p. 44.
- The garden month by month; describing the appearance, color, dates of bloom, height and cultivation of all desirable, hardy herbaceous perennials for the formal or wild garden with additional lists of aquatics, vines, ferns, et by Mabel Cabot Sedgwick assisted by Robert Cameron with over two hundred half-tone engravings from photographs of growing plants, and a chart in colors. New York, F.A. Stokes Co.,  url .
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 358.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 474, p. 481.
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 208.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 510.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 116.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne. By the Rev. Gilbert White, M. A. With the Naturalist's calendar; and miscellaneous observations, extracted from his papers. London, Printed for J. and A. Arch [etc., 1837] url p. 409.
- The natural history of Aleppo, and parts adjacent. Containing a description of the city, and the principal natural productions in its neighbourhood; together with an account of the climate, inhabitants, and diseases; particularly of the plague, with t By Alex. Russell, M.D. London, Printed for A. Millar, MDCCCLVI [i.e. 1756] url p. 31.
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 246.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 246.
- The natural history of the Tineina. .. By H. T. Stainton, assisted by Professor Zeller and J. W. Douglas. London, J. Van Voorst; [etc., etc.]1855-73. url p. 244, p. 32, p. 33.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 332.
- The physiology of plants. a treatise upon the metabolism and sources of energy in plants, ed. by A.J. Ewart. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1900-6. url p. 114, p. 127, p. 233, p. 250, p. 283.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 224.
- The rural economy of Glocestershire; including its dairy: together with the dairy management of North Wiltshire; and the management of orchards and fruit liquor, in Herefordshire. by Mr. Marshall. Glocester, Printed by R. Raikes for G. Nicol, London, 1789. url p. 97.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1776, p. 1777.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 379.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 157, p. 240.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 111, p. 161, p. 240, p. 30, p. 66, p. 90, p. 94.
- Tracts relative to botany, tr. from different languages. Illustrated by nine copper plates, and occasional remarks. London, Printed by Phillips and Fardon [etc.]1805. url p. 31.
- Transactions and journal of proceedings / Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History & Antiquarian Society. Dumfries: Council of the Society, url p. 10.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 18, p. 299, p. 84.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. 25 1926 [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 137.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 489, p. 72.
- Transactions of the British Mycological Society. London: Cambridge University Press, [1897-c1988] url p. 6.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Naturalists' Field Club. Edinburgh: The Club, 1886. url p. 250, p. 250, p. 251.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url p. 223.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url .
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 235, p. 44, p. 52, p. 53, p. 70, p. 83, p. 97.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url , p. 121, p. 136, p. 179, p. 24, p. 341.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 252.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 19.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 83.
- Travels in Brazil, in the years 1817-1820, : undertaken by command of His majesty the King of Bavaria by Dr. Joh.Babt. von Spix and Dr. C. F. Phil. von Martius / London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green;1824. url p. 50.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 48.
- Vegetable teratology, an account of the principal deviations from the usual construction of plants, by Maxwell T. Masters. .. With numerous illus. by E.M. Williams. London, Published for the Ray society by R. Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 325.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms: a pocket guide to British wild-flowers for the country rambler / by Edward Step. London; F. Warne, 1895. url .
- Wayside and woodland blossoms; a pocket guide to British wild flowers for the country rambler. London, Warne, 1895. url .
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 131, p. 132, p. 215.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 215.
- Wild flowers. London, Dodge url p. 63.
- Withering, W. A systematic arrangement of British plants: with an easy introduction to the study of botany. 3 1801 London: Printed for T. Cadell, jun [etc.], 1801. url p. 516.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 15, 2007:
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Institut Botanic de Barcelona, BC
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Oviedo. Departamento de Biología de Organismos y Sistemas: FCO
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2655169
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-32543
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 1039463
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:50289-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 21419
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 32543
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDLAM0R060
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: LAPUP
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 45200
- "Lamium". in Flora of China Vol. 17 Page 157. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 131.880 meters (432.677 feet), Standard Deviation = 169.280 based on 20,000 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]