Juniper berries flavor gin, liqueurs, cordials, and soft drinks. The roasted berries were once used as a coffee substitute. In France, the berries are fermented with barley to make a beer called genevrette.
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Albanian:
Dellinjë E Rëndomtë
Common Names in Arabic:
Arar, عرعر, عَرْعَر
Common Names in Armenian:
Ardoog, Artuč, Artuch, Արտուճ
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Ardıc, Ardyċ, Ардыҹ
Common Names in Basque:
Common Names in Bulgarian:
Ḫvojna, Khvojna, Хвойна
Common Names in Catalan:
Common Names in Croatian:
Common Names in Czech:
Jalovčinky, Jalovec, Jalovec Obecný
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Carpet Juniper Juniperus Communis, Aiten, Common Juniper, Creeping Juniper, Dwarf Juniper, Fainy Circle, Gorst, Ground Juniper, Hackmatack, Horse Savin, Juniper, Malchangel
Common Names in Esperanto:
Common Names in Estonian:
Harilik Kadakas, Kadakamarjad
Common Names in Finnish:
Kataja, Katajanmarja, Kotikataja
Common Names in French:
Genévrier, Genévrier Commun, Genévrier, Genévrier Commun, Genièvre Commun, Genièvre
Common Names in Galician:
Common Names in German:
Gemeine Wacholder, Kranawitt, Machandel, Wacholder
Common Names in Greek, Modern:
Árkeuthos, Arkevthos, Άρκευθος
Common Names in Hebrew:
Ar-Ar, Arar, Guniper, Juniper, ג'וניפר, ערער
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Italian:
Coccola Di Ginepro, Ginepro
Common Names in Japanese:
Junipa, Se-I-Yo-U-Su-Zu, Se-I-Yo-U-To-Si-(yo)-U, Seiyo-Suzu, Seiyo-Toshyo, Zi-(yu)-Ni-Pa-, ジュニパー, セイヨウスズ, セイヨウトショウ
Common Names in Kazakh:
Common Names in Korean:
Chunipo, Chyunipo, Gob-Hyang-Na-Mu, Ju-Ni-Peo, Junipeo, Jyu-Ni-Peo, Jyunipeo, Kophyang-Namu, 곱향나무, 주니퍼, 쥬니퍼
Common Names in Latvian:
Kadiķa Ogas, Paegļi, Zviedrijas Kadiķis
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Persian:
Sarv Kuhi, Srwḱwhý, سروکوهی
Common Names in Polish:
Jagody Jałowca, Jałowiec Pospolity
Common Names in Portuguese:
Junípero, Junipo, Zimbreiro
Common Names in ProvenÃ§al:
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in Russian:
Mozhzhevelnik, Možževel'nik, Можжевельник
Common Names in Sanskrit:
Common Names in Scottish Gaelic:
Ailtinn, Aiteil, Aitiol
Common Names in Slovak:
Borievka, Borievka Obyčajná
Common Names in Slovenian:
Brin, Brinove Jagode
Common Names in Spanish:
Bayas De Enebro, Cedro, Enebro, Junípero, Nebrina
Common Names in Swahili:
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Turkish:
Ardıç Yemişi, Ephel
Common Names in Ukrainian:
Âlìvec' Zvičajnij, Yalivets Zvychajnyj, Ялівець звичайний
, monoecious or dioecious. Leaves decussate or in whorls of 3, scalelike and then often dimorphic
with flattened facial leaves and keeled
leaves, or needlelike particularly in juvenile plants
, often with an abaxial
. Pollen cones terminal
, solitary, maturing and shed annually; microsporophylls
6-16, decussate or whorled
, each bearing (2 or) 3-6(-9) pollen sacs
; pollen wingless. Seed cones usually terminal, solitary, globose
, or oblong
or indehiscent when mature
in 1st or 2nd(or 3rd) year; cone scales developing after ovules originate in bract axils; bracts almost completely enveloped by cone scales, free
only at apex; ovules 1-numerous per bract axil, erect
; cone scales of mature cones 3-16, flat or peltate, woody, leathery, or succulent, 1-20-seeded. Seeds winged
or not; wings
derived from seed coat
. Cotyledons usually 2, rarely 3-6. Germination epigeal.
Nineteen genera and ca. 125 species: worldwide; eight genera (one introduced ) and 46 species (16 endemic, 13 introduced) in China.
, 3--6 angled
, variously oriented, but not in flattened sprays
. Leaves opposite in 4 ranks
or in whorls of 3. Adult
leaves closely appressed
to divergent, scalelike to subulate
portion to ca.
10 mm (to ca. 15 mm in Juniperus communis ) ; abaxial
visible or not, elongate
( J. ashei ), sometimes exuding white crystalline deposit. Pollen cones with 3--7 pairs or trios of sporophylls, each sporophyll with 2--8 pollen sacs
. Seed cones maturing in 1 or 2 years, globose
and berrylike, 3--20 mm, remaining closed
, usually glaucous; scales
, 1--3 pairs, peltate, tightly coalesced
, thick and fleshy
to obscurely woody. Seeds 1--3 per scale, round
, wingless; cotyledons 2--6. x
Species ca. 60: primarily Northern Hemisphere, 1 in e Africa.
Juniperus is the only dioecious (sometimes monoecious) genus of Cupressaceae in the flora . Cones, generally terminal , are axillary in J. communis.
Numerous cultivars of Juniperus species are widely used for landscaping. Mutants , or "sports," affecting plant habit and foliage are present in all species and are likely related to single-gene mutations . Many have been given formal names or incorrectly ascribed to hybridization. Gymnocarpy (bare seeds protruding from the cone), caused by insect larvae (T. A. Zanoni 1978), is occasionally found in most junipers, particularly in the southwestern United States. Specimens with such aberrations may be almost impossible to identify without chemical data.
Species Juniperus communis
or small trees
dioecious, to 4 m
(if trees, to 10 m), multistemmed,
or rarely upright; crown generally depressed
, exfoliating in thin strips, that of small branchlets
mm diam.) smooth
, that of larger branchlets exfoliating in strips
. Branches spreading
; branchlets erect
Leaves green but sometimes appearing silver when glaucous, spreading,
surface with glaucous stomatal
; apex acute to obtuse
. Seed cones maturing in 2 years,
of 2 distinct
sizes, with straight peduncles, globose
mm, bluish black, glaucous, resinous
to obscurely woody, with 2--3
seeds. Seeds 4--5 mm.
2 n = 22. [source]
Juniperus communis is the most widespread juniper species, and many subspecies and varieties have been described. A major study, including chemical characters, is needed to clarify the taxonomy. J. D. A. Franco (1962) recognized four subspecies (here considered varieties) ; two of these---var. communis and var. hemisphaerica (J. Presl & C. Presl) Parlatore---do not occur in the flora and a fifth, recognized here, was not treated by Franco. [source]
ID Features: Needles in 3's. Long awl needles. Needles pointed. Brown winter color. Gray to brown fruits in winter. Often confused with J. conferta, but J. communis has a white. stomatal line that is broader than the green margin, white J. conferta. has a green line down the middle of a narrow white stomatal line..
Habit: A medium-sized evergreen tree with wide spreading branches pointed upwards, typically at a 45° angle from the ground . Usually found as a multi-branched shrub .
Flowers: Dioecious. Staminate flowers yellow. No ornamental value.
Seeds: Fruit: 3-seeded cone, sessile or on short stalks . Globose in shape . 0.33" to 0.5" in diameter. Blue-black in color with a waxy bloom . Ripens during second or third year. Used for flavoring gin.
Foliage: Summer foliage: Awl-shaped needles . Needles persist for 3 years. Needles set at a wide angle from stem. Needles are concave with a broad white band on upper-side. Blunt needle tip. Gray-green to blue-green in color. Needles can be found in whorls of 3 on branchlets . • Fall foliage: Evergreen , no fall color. Needles turn yellowish brown during winter months. Can be unattractive.
Growth Rate: Slow. • Size: 5' to 10' tall and 8' to 12' wide.
Landscape Uses: Naturalized plantings . Poor soil sites. Hedges . Mass plantings. • Liabilities: Susceptible to juniper blights . Yellow-brown foliage color that develops in the cold months may be. objectionable to some.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,180 meters (0 to 10,433 feet).
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 8.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 2a, 2b, 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Richard ex Bartling, 1830, nom. cons.
- Cypress Family
- Subfamily: Potentilloideae ()
- Family: Cupressaceae () - Richard ex Bartling, 1830, nom. cons. - Cypress Family
- Order: Cupressales ()
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Burnett
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 5-Jun-2008
Members of the genus Juniperus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 184 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
J. ashei (Ashe Juniper) · J. bermudiana (Bermuda Cedar) · J. californica (California Juniper) · J. cedrus (Canary Island Juniper) · J. chinensis (Blue Pfitzer Juniper) · J. chinensis holbert (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis L. var. procumbens Siebold ex Endl. 'Sargentii' (Sargent Juniper) · J. chinensis L. var. sargentii A.Henry (Sargent Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis L. var. sargentii A.Henry 'Viridis' (Green Sargent`s Juniper) · J. chinensis L. 'Ames' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis L. 'Maney' (Maney Juniper) · J. chinensis L. 'Mint Julep' (Mint Julep Juniper) · J. chinensis L. 'Old Gold' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis L. 'Robusta Green' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis nicks (Nicks Compact Juniper) · J. chinensis sargentii 'Glauca' (Blue Sargent`s Juniper) · J. chinensis sea (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis var. armstrongii (Armstrong Juniper) · J. chinensis var. hetzii (Hetz Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis var. keteleeri (Keteleer Juniper) · J. chinensis var. Pfitzerana Aurea (Pfitz Gold Tip Juniper) · J. chinensis var. pfitzeriana (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis var. Pfitz Glauca (Pfitz Blue Juniper) · J. chinensis var. Shimpaku (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis var. torulosa (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Aurea' (Gold Coast Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Bakaurea' (Gold Star® Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Blue Alps' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Blue Point' (Blue Point Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Compressa' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Daub' (Daub's Frosted Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Femina' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Golden Blaauw' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Gold Coast' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Hetzii Columnaris' (Green Columnar Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Hetzii Glauca' (Hetz Blue Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Hook's #6' (Hook's #6 Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Kaizuka' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Kaizuka Variegata' (Variegated Hollywood Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Mac's Golden' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Mission' (Mission Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Monlep' (Mint Julep® Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Mountbatten' (Mountbatten Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Parsonsii' (Chinese Juniper) · J. Chinensis 'Pyrmidalis' (Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Saybrook Gold' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Sea Green' (Sea Green Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Spartan' (Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Spearmint' (Spearmint Chinese Juniper) · J. chinensis 'Variegated Parsonii' (Chinese Juniper) · J. coahuilensis (Coahuila Juniper) · J. communis (Carpet Juniper Juniperus Communis) · J. communis compressa var. Compressa (Common Juniper) · J. communis depressa var. depressa (Canadian Juniper) · J. communis L. var. communis L. (Common Juniper) · J. communis L. var. megistocarpa Fern. & St. John (Common Juniper) · J. communis L. var. montana Aiton (Common Juniper) · J. communis oblonga (Common Juniper) · J. communis var. depressa (Common Juniper) · J. communis var. montana (Common Juniper) · J. communis 'Aureopicta' (Common Juniper) · J. communis 'Banff' (Common Juniper) · J. communis 'Berkshire' (Common Juniper) · J. communis 'Compacta Aurea' (Common Juniper) · J. communis 'Depressa Aurea' (Common Juniper) · J. communis 'Golden Schnapps' (Common Juniper) · J. communis 'Gold Cone' (Common Juniper) · J. communis 'Gold Totem Pole' (Common Juniper) · J. communis 'Green Carpet' (Carpet Juniper) · J. communis 'Hibernica' (Irish Juniper) · J. communis 'Mondap' (Alpine Carpet® Juniper) · J. communis 'Oblonga Pendula' (Carpet Juniper) · J. communis 'Suecia Nana' (Common Juniper) · J. conferta 'Blue Pacific' (Blue Pacific Shore Juniper) · J. conferta 'Blue Tosho' (Shore Juniper) · J. conferta 'Emerald Sea' (Emerald Sea Shore Juniper) · J. conferta 'Irozam' (Iron Age Juniper) · J. conferta 'Silver Mist' (Silver Mist Juniper) · J. davurica 'Expansa Variegata' (Variegated Dahurian Juniper) · J. deppeana (Alligator Juniper) · J. deppeana var. sperryi (Alligator Juniper) · J. drupacea (Syrian Juniper) · J. excelsa (Indian Juniper) · J. flaccida (Drooping Juniper) · J. horizontalis (Creeping Cedar) · J. horizontalis 'Andorra Compacta' (Creeping Cedar) · J. horizontalis 'Bar Harbor' (Bar Harbor Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Blue Chip' (Blue Chip Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Grey Forest' (Creeping Cedar) · J. horizontalis 'Hughes' (Hughes Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Icee Blue' (Creeping Cedar) · J. horizontalis 'Jade River' (Jade River Creeping Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Lime Glow' (Creeping Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Monber' (Icee Blue® Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Mother Lode' (Mother Lode Golden Creeping Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Plumosa' (Andorra Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Plumosa Compacta' (Compact Andorra Creeping Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Prince of Wales' (Creeping Cedar) · J. horizontalis 'Wiltonii' (Blue Rug Juniper) · J. horizontalis 'Wiltoni' (Blue Rug Juniper)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- 1997 IUCN red list of threatened plants Cambridge: IUCN, World Conservation Union, 1998 url p. 21.
- 2002 list of ecological comm[u]nities for Montana / prepared by Montana Natural Heritage Program, Montana State Library. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2002 url .
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 126, p. 15, p. 60.
- A century of progress in the natural sciences, 1853-1953. San Francisco, 1955. url p. 387.
- A check-list of plants mentioned in the Arnold Arboretum bulletins / [compiled by Charles Downing Lay, Robert Wheelwright]. Harrisburg, Pa.: Landscape Architecture, Inc., 1919 url p. 18.
- A field and laboratory guide in biological nature-study, by Elliot R. Downing. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1918] url , .
- A handbook of Coniferae, including Ginkgoace, by W. Dallimore and A. Bruce Jackson. With drawings by Miss G. Lister. New York, Longmans, Green, 1923. url p. 240, p. 241, p. 251, p. 256.
- A little garden the year round, wherein much joy was found, experience gained and profit, spiritual as well as mundane, derived without loss of prestige in a practical neighborhood. New York, E. P. Dutton & company[c1919] url .
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 139, p. 140.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 593.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 1 1941 1941. url p. 137.
- A monographic rearrangement of Lophodermium, Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1935 url p. 136, p. 96, p. 98.
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts. [Cohasset]Committee on Town History, 1898-1956. url p. 549.
- A naturalist in the Great Lakes region, by Elliot Rowland Downing. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1922] url , , p. 10, p. 124, p. 325.
- A partial list of plants available for various uses in general landscape planting, comp. by Albert D. Taylor. Cleveland, A.D. Taylor, c1916 url p. 22, p. 22, p. 24, p. 24, p. 27, p. 27, p. 36, p. 36.
- A practical handbook of trees, shrubs, vines and herbaceous perennials, by John Kirkegaard. Boston, Williams Bookstores Co., 1916. url p. 137.
- A preliminary classification of the plant communities of northeastern Montana / Robert L. DeVelice [et al.]. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1991. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 912, p. 946.
- A report upon the boreal flora of the Sierra Nevada of California / by Frank Jason Smiley. Berkeley, Calif.: University of California Press, 1921. url p. 86, p. 87.
- A spring flora for high schools, New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1915] url , .
- A spring flora for high schools, by Henry C. Cowles. .. and John G. Coulter. .. New York, American book company[c1915] url p. 32.
- A study of the sharp-tailed grouse / [Toronto], 1935. url p. 21.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambr C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 128, p. xviii.
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 135, p. 557.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url , .
- American forest trees, by Henry H. Gibson; ed. by Hu Maxwell. Chicago, Hardwood record, 1913. url , p. 12, p. 707, p. 707.
- American forest trees; edited by Hu Maxwell. ChicagoHardwood Record1913 url , p. 707.
- Ames forester. .. Ames, Ia., The Forestry club of the Iowa state college, 1913- url p. 295.
- An annotated translation of the part of Schweinitz's two papers giving the rusts of North America / by J.C. Arthur and G.R. Bisby. Philadelphia ?: s.n., 1918? url p. 268, p. 285.
- An ecological characterization of Coastal Maine (north and east of Cape Elizabeth) / Stewart I. Fefer and Patricia S. Schettig: principal investigators. Newton Corner, Mass.: Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Northeast Region, 1980. url .
- An environmental profile of the Black Sea Coast WCMC url p. 66.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 65, p. 66.
- An introduction to cytology, by Lester W. Sharp. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 295, p. 308.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 46.
- Annual report of the Massachusetts State Board of Agriculture. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., state printers, 1916-1918. url p. 200, p. 207.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1916-1921. url p. 204.
- Appendices A-E: terrestrial resources injury assessment report: upper Clark Fork River NPL sites. Helena?, Mont.: Dept. of Justice?, 1995 url .
- Appendix C., vegetation/agricultural resources of the Beal Project area / prepared for Beal Mountain Mining, Inc.; prepared by Ken L. Scow, L. Dean Culwell. Helena, Mont.: Western Technology and Engineering,  url .
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 118, p. 119.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 118, p. 118, p. 119.
- Aristocrats of the garden, by Ernest H. Wilson. .. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & company[c1917] url p. 306.
- Aspects of plant life; with special reference to the British flora. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1921. url p. 47.
- Assessment of the Red Rock River subbasin and wetlands of the Centennial Valley / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2009. url p. 8.
- Beautiful home surroundings / Framingham Nurseries. Framingham, Mass.: Framingham Nurseries, 1921. url p. 15, p. 16, p. 18, p. 43, p. 51.
- Beautiful home surroundings. Framingham, Mass., Framingham nurseries, c1918 url p. 13, p. 17, p. 18, p. 43, p. 51.
- Bibliographical contributions from the Lloyd library, Cincinnati, Ohio. Cincinnati, Ohio, Lloyd Library. url p. 16.
- Biodiversity and representativeness of research natural areas on national wildlife refuges in Montana, designated areas within Benton Lake, Charles M. Russell, Lake Mason, Medicine Lake, and Red Rock final report / submitted to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; prepared by Stephen V. Cooper and Bonnie L. Heidel. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1999 url , p. 54.
- Biological survey of a prairie landscape in Montana's glaciated plains: final report / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program: 2001. url .
- Biological survey of the Mount Desert Region, conducted by William Procter... From the Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory, Mount Desert Island, Maine. Philadelphia, The Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, 1927-1946. url p. 382, p. 439.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 151, p. 208.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 5, October 1990: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN url p. 182.
- Birds; a miscellaneous collection of 37 pamphlets about birds. Collected and privately bound by Alvin Seale, 1914. v.p., 1910-1913 url p. 188.
- Book of garden plans, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & company, 1916. url , .
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 205, p. 359.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 27 1979 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 266, p. 302.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 166, p. 189, p. 191, p. 332, p. 485.
- Botanical and vegetation survey of Carter County, Montana, Bureau of Land Management-administered lands / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst, Stephen V. Cooper, and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , , , , p. 25, p. 28.
- Botanical survey of the Goat Flat proposed research natural area, Deerlodge National Forest/ by Peter L. Achuff and Lisa S. Roe. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program url p. 15.
- Botanical survey of the Ruby Range, Madison County, Montana, Dillon Resource Area, Bureau of Land Management / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst [et. al].; prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , p. 29, p. 33, p. 35.
- Botany of the living plant, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan and Co., limited, 1919. url p. 303.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 527.
- Botany of the living plant. London, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 303.
- Botany, developmental and descriptive. Philadelphia, Lea, 1922. url p. 200, p. 223.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , p. 158.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url .
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 60.
- Bulletin Harrisburg, Pa.: The Department, - url .
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 285.
- Butterflies and moths of Newfoundland and Labrador: the macrolepidoptera / [Ottawa]: Agriculture Canada, 1980. url p. 229.
- Canada's missing dimension: science and history in the Canadian Arctic Islands / Ottawa: Canadian Museum of Nature, 1990. url p. 427, p. 846.
- Canadian trees worth knowing. Toronto, Musson url p. 286.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 136.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 15, p. 552, p. 63, p. 649, p. 707, p. 858.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 15, p. 552, p. 63, p. 649, p. 707, p. 75.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 205.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 9.
- Circle west vegetation baseline study: final report / by Richard Prodgers. Helena: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation,  url p. 108, p. 32, p. 99.
- Circle west wildlife baseline study: final report / Larry S. Thompson. Helena: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation,  url p. 233.
- Classification of the plant communities of Beaverhead, Silver Bow, and Madison Counties, Montana / for Bureau of Land Management, State Office, Billings, Montana. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 151, p. 59, p. 70, p. 75, p. 80, p. 86.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 360.
- Come into the garden, New York, The Macmillan company, 1921. url p. 159.
- Come into the garden, by Grace Tabor. Illustrated with photographs. New York, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 159.
- Common trees of Ohio: a handy pocket manual of the common and introduced trees of Ohio / by Joseph S. Illick, in cooperation with Edmund Secrest. Washington, D. C.: The American Tree Association, 1927. url p. 37.
- Coniferous trees for profit & ornament: being a concise description of each species and variety, with the most recently approved nomenclature, list of synonyms, and best methods of cultivation / by A. D. Webster. London: Constable and Co., 1918. url , , , , .
- Conservation of our wild birds; Boston, Massachusetts fish and game protective association [pref.1916] url p. 43.
- Conservation of our wild birds; methods of attracting and increasing the numbers of useful birds and the establishment of sanctuaries, by Bradford A. Scudder. Boston: Massachusetts fish and game protective association, [pref. 1916] url p. 43.
- Conservation status of Lomatium attenuatum Evert (Apiaceae) in Montana / Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1998. url .
- Conserving globally rare plants on lands administered by the Dillon Office of the Bureau of Land Management / Helena, MT: Natural Heritage Program, c2003. url .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 337, p. 400.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 9 1972 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 538, p. 611.
- Cryptogamic plants of the USSR. (Flora sporovykh rastenii SSSR) Translated from Russian. Jerusalem[Published for the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 19 - url p. 89.
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 323.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 625, p. 684.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 625, p. 684.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 224, p. 375.
- Department circular. Boston, Mass., 1918-1920. url p. 14, p. 21.
- Dictionary of ecology. New York, Philosophical Library url p. 363.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 155.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 584, p. 769.
- Diversions of a naturalist / New York: Macmillan Co., 1915. url .
- Diversions of a naturalist / by Ray Lankester. London: Methuen, 1915. url p. 331.
- Diversions of a naturalist / by Sir Ray Lankester. With a frontispiece in colour and forty-three other illustrations. London: Methuen, 1919. url p. 331.
- Diversions of a naturalist by Sir Ray Lankester. .. With a frontispiece in colour and forty-three other illustrations. New York: The Macmillian Company, 1915. url p. 331.
- Diversions of a naturalist. LondonMethuen url p. 331.
- Dwarf and slow-growing conifers, by Murray Hornibrook. London, "Country Life", 1923. url p. 60.
- Ecologically significant wetlands in the Missouri headwaters: Jefferson, lower Madison, lower Gallatin, and upper Red Rock River watersheds / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2004. url .
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Elementary notes on conifers. LondonOxford University Press1920 url p. 26, p. 26, p. 28, p. 32, p. 32.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 204.
- Enquiry into plants and minor works on odoùrs and weather signs, London, G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1916. url p. 490.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 138, p. 272, p. 304, p. 403.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 30.
- Establishment, development, and management of conifer plantations in the Eli Whitney Forest, New Haven, Connecticut, New Haven, Yale University, 1943. url p. 17.
- Evaluation of potential use of vegetation for erosion abatement along the Great Lakes shoreline / V. L. Hall, J. D. Ludwig. Fort Belvoir, Va.: U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center, 1975. url p. 29, p. 30.
- Field manual of trees; including southern Canada and the northern United States to the southern boundary of Virginia, Kentucky and Missouri, westward to the limits of the prairie, by John H. Schaffner. Columbus, Ohio, R. G. Adams, 1922. url p. 54.
- Fieldbook of native Illinois shrubs, by Leo R. Tehon. .. Urbana, Natural History Survey Division, 1942. url p. 27, p. 27.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 55.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 92.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , p. 203.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 409.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 409.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , , , , .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 12.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1023, p. 70.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 117.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 14.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 13.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 61.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 38.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 165, p. 18, p. 68, p. 75, p. 77.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia, by P.A. Rydberg. .. New York, The author, 1922. url p. 17.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 139.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. By Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url p. 18.
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 18.
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 242.
- Forest distribution in the northern Rocky Mountains, Missoula, Mont., State University, 1922. url , , , , .
- Forest trails and highways of the Mount Hood region. Wash., 1920 url p. 30.
- Form-factors in Coniferae. LondonOxford University Press1920 url p. 11, p. 26, p. 7.
- Fossil plants from the beds of volcanic ash near Missoula, western Montana / by O.E. Jennings. Pittsburgh: Published by the authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute,  url p. 402.
- Gardening for amateurs; a simple, complete, and practical guide for garden lovers, edited by H. H. Thomas. Illustrated by twenty-four coloured plates and many hundreds of photographs and sketches. New York: Funk and Wagnalls company,  url p. 514.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Gardening in California, San Francisco, A. M. Robertson, 1914. url p. 121.
- General index to reports of the State Entomologist of Connecticut, 1901-1925 / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1926. url p. 691.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1293, fig. 5, page 251, p. 26, p. 374, p. 558, p. 602.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 242, p. 80.
- Guide to the identification of plant macrofossils in Canadian peatlands / Ottawa: Agriculture Canada, 1988. url p. 23, p. 64.
- Gymnosperms; structure and evolution, by Charles Joseph Chamberlain. .. with 397 figures. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press url p. 275, p. 281, p. 284, p. 286, p. 315, p. 323, p. 466.
- Handbook of the trees of the northern states and Canada east of the Rocky Mountains. Photo-descriptive. Lowville, N.Y., 1921 [c1907] url p. 46.
- How to attract birds in northeastern United States / W. L. McAtee. Washington, D. C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 15.
- How to attract wild birds about the home, Greenwich, Conn., The Greenwich bird protective society, inc., 1915. url .
- How to know wild fruits; a guide to plants when not in flower by means of fruit and leaf; by Mary Elisabeth Herbert. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url , p. 249, p. 251, p. 338.
- How to make a country place; an account of the successes and the mistakes of an amateur in thirty-five years of farming, building and development: together with a practical plan for securing a home and an independent income, star New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1914. url p. 370.
- IUCN Directory of South Asian Protected Areas IUCN url p. 151, p. 287, p. 96.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 299.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1240.
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 19.
- Introduction to plant geography and some related sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 359, p. 609.
- Introduction to the mammal survey of the 1965 Street Expedition to Afghanistan [by] Jerry D. Hassinger. 55 1968 [Chicago]Field Museum of Natural History, 1968. url p. 23.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , , p. 41, p. 93.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 8-9 1988-1989 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 106, p. 184, p. 190, p. 194, p. 201, p. 208, p. 25, p. 297, p. 31, p. 39, p. 43, p. 74, p. 81, p. 88.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 362.
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, [c1919] url .
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 165, p. 181.
- Landscape garden series, ed. by Ralph Rodney Root. Davenport, Ia.: The Garden Press,  url p. 22, p. 25, p. 7.
- Landscape gardening / rev. by Frank A. Waugh, and including many chapters from Downing's "Rural essays". New York: Wiley, 1921. url p. 135.
- Landscaping your home / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1975. url p. 234.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 312.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url .
- Life and letters of Sir Joseph Dalton Hooker, O.M., G.C.S.I.: based on materials collected and arranged by Lady Hooker / by Leonard Huxley. London: J. Murray, 1918. url p. 475.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 216, p. 50, p. 73.
- List of rare, threatened and endemic plants in Europe (1982 edition) Council of Europe url p. 28, p. 30, p. 55.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , , , p. 39, p. 58, p. 61, p. 64, p. 71.
- MAB Biosphere Reserves: Site Descriptions, post compilation 5 (October 1990) UNESCO MAB Programme url .
- Making fences, walls and hedges, by W. H. Butterfield. New York: McBride, Nast & company, 1914. url p. 62.
- Manual of fruit diseases, by Lex R. Hesler. .. and Herbert Hice Whetzel. New York, The Macmillan company, 1917. url p. 392.
- Manual of gardening; a practical guide to the making of home grounds and the growing of flowers, fruits, and vegetables for home use, New York, The Macmillan Company, 1917. url .
- Manual of plant diseases, Wilkes-Barr, Pa., The Record press, c1914-22 url p. 105.
- Manual of plant diseases, by Paul Sorauer. Wilkes-Barr, Pa.The Record Press, c1914-22 url p. 105.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 10, p. 11.
- Manual of the trees of North America (exclusive of Mexico) by Charles Sprague Sargent, with seven hundred and eighty-three illustrations from drawings by Charles Edward Faxon and Mary W. Gill. Boston and New York, Houghton Mifflin company, 1922. url p. 79, p. 79, p. 80, p. 80, p. 904, p. 904.
- Manual of tree diseases / New York: The Macmillan Company, 1918. url .
- Manual of tree diseases, by W. Howard Rankin. .. New York, The Macmillan company, 1918. url p. 362.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 375.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 53.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 170, p. 20.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1964 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 11, p. 21, p. 46.
- Morphology of gymnosperms, Chicago, University of Chicago Press[c1917] url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Mule deer population organization, behavior and dynamics in a northern Rocky Mountain environment / [Bozeman?]: Montana Dept. of Fish, Wildlife & Parks, 1991] url , , .
- Mycotrophy in plants; lectures on the biology of mycorrhizae and related structures. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1950. url p. 195, p. 56.
- Native trees of Canada / by B.R. Morton; with notes on nomenclature and utilization by R.G. Lewis. Ottawa: Dept. of the Interior, Forestry Branch, 1921. url p. 50.
- Native woody plants of the United States, their erosion-control and wildlife values. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1938. url , , p. 147, p. 148, p. 149.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 172, p. 172, p. 234, p. 481.
- Nature Reserves of the Himalaya and the Mountains of Central Asia IUCN url p. 252, p. 409, p. 465.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 14.
- New or unusual plant injuries and diseases found in Connecticut, 1916-1919 / [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1920. url p. 444, p. 445.
- North Atlantic biota and their history; a symposium held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavk, July 1962, under the auspices of the University of Iceland and the Museum of Natural History. Editors: Askell Lve and Doris Lve. Sponsored Oxford, New York, Pergamon Press, 1963 url p. 419.
- Observations on the flowering plants, ferns and fern allies growing wild in Marquette County, Michigan, in 1916 and 1917, especially in the vicinity of the Huron Mountain Club. Ann Arbor, Michigan, Published by the University, 1918. url .
- Occasional papers of the Farlow Herbarium of Cryptogamic Botany. 15 1980 Cambridge, Mass., Harvard University, Farlow Herbarium of Cryptogamic Botany. url p. 61.
- Our native trees and how to identify them; a popular study of their habits and their peculiarities, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1917. url , .
- Parks: a manual of municipal and county parks compiled as a result of a nation-wide study of municipal and county parks conducted by the Playground and Recreation Association of America, in co-operation with edited by L.H. Weir. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co., 1928. url p. 682, p. 684, p. 685, p. 686, p. 687, p. 689, p. 690, p. 691.
- Pennsylvania trees / by J.S. Illick. Harrisburg., Pa.: W. S. Ray, State Printer, 1915. url p. 228, p. 87.
- Pennsylvania trees. Harrisburg, Pa.W.S. Ray, State Printer1914 url p. 228.
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 295.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 85.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 39.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url , p. 124, p. 146, p. 148, p. 157, p. 181, p. 20, p. 269, p. 272, p. 273, p. 274, p. 276, p. 288, p. 296, p. 313, p. 33, p. 354, p. 391, p. 424, p. 43, p. 434, p. 434, p. 435, p. 44, p. 46, p. 498, p. 54, p. 56.
- Plant bugs on fruit crops in Canada: Heteroptera: Miridae / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1982. url p. 154.
- Plant community classification for vegetation on BLM lands, Pryor Mountains, Carbon County, Montana / Robert L. DeVelice & Peter Lesica; for USDI Bureau of Land Management, State Office. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1993. url p. 13, p. 14, p. 3, p. 45, p. 53, p. 76.
- Plant disease Fungi, by F. L. Stevens... New York, The Macmillan company[c1925] url p. 262, p. 264, p. 454.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 228.
- Plant materials of decorative gardening; the woody plants, by William Trelease. Urbana, The author, 1917. url p. 54, p. 54.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 275, p. 333.
- Plant species of concern and plant associations of Powder River county, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2002. url .
- Plant succession; an analysis of the development of vegetation, Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1916. url , , , .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos. by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , , .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url p. 186, p. 190, p. 372.
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url p. 372.
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url .
- Plants in Danger: what do we know? IUCN url p. 118.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 126.
- Pollen and spore morphology/plant taxonomy; gymnospermae, pteriodophyta, bryophyta (Illustrations) Stockholm, Almqvist & Wiksell; url .
- Polskie pismo entomologiczne = Polish journal of entomology = Bulletin entomologique de Pologne Warszawa [etc.]Panstwowe Wydawn. Naukowe. url p. 136.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. xxiii.
- Practical foresty; a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. LondonW. Rider[pref.1917] url p. 138.
- Practical veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics, New York, The Macmillan Company, 1917. url , p. 305.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , p. 118, p. 21, p. 25, p. 5, p. 52, p. 6, p. 78, p. 8.
- Propagation of wild birds; a manual of applied ornithology, treating of practical methods of propagation of quails, grouse, wild turkey, pheasants, partridges, pigeons and doves, and waterfowl, in America, and of attracting and Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Company, 1915. url .
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 168, p. 29.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 69, p. 76, p. 91.
- Range-wide status assessment of cirsium longistylum (long-styled thistle) / Helena: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2004. url .
- Rare plant inventory of the outstanding natural areas of the Rocky Mountain Front / prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management; prepared by Lisa Ann Schassberger. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 24.
- Report on the conservation status of Arabis fecunda, a candidate threatened species / [Peter Lesica]. Helena, MT.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 12, p. 51.
- Results of field surveys for Allotropa virgata in the Beaverhead and Deerlodge National Forests / prepared by Jackie M. Poole. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 4.
- Rust infection of leaves in petri dishes / [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1924. url p. 491.
- Rydberg, P. A. Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, and British Columbia /by P. A. Rydberg... 1917 New York: The author, 1917. url p. 17.
- Sable Island, with a catalogue of its vascular plants / by Harold St. John. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1921. url p. 41, p. 57, p. 58, p. 98.
- Scientific and applied pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students in pharmacy, as a hand book for pharmacists, and as a reference book for food and drug analysts and pharmacologists. New York, Wiley, 1920. url p. 48, p. 49.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde fr Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 24.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url .
- Sensitive plant species inventory in the Centennial Valley, Beaverhead County, Montana / prepared by Denise R. Culver; prepared for Bureau of Land Management, [Butte District] Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , , , p. 114, p. 115, p. 116.
- Sensitive plant species survey, Ashland District, Custer National Forest, Powder River and Rosebud Counties, Montana / by Bonnie L. Heidel and Hollis Marriott; for Custer National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant species survey, Garfield and McCone Counties, Montana / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant survey in the Horse Prairie Creek drainage, Beaverhead County, Montana, Butte District, Bureau of Land Management / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land management, Dillon Resource Area. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1995. url p. 38.
- Sensitive plant survey in the Sioux District, Custer National Forest, Carter County, Montana, and Harding County, South Dakota / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel and Keith H. Dueholm; prepared for Custer National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1995. url p. 145, p. 28, p. 8.
- Sensitive plant survey in the Tendoy Mountains, Beaverhead County, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst and Peter Lesica; prepared for Bureau of Land Management, Butte District. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url , p. 7.
- Sensitive plant survey of the Tendoy Mountains, in the Beaverhead National Forest, Beaverhead County, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for United States Forest Service, Beaverhead National Forest. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 28, p. 54, p. 62.
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , , , , , .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Bull River and adjacent drainages, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Kootenai National Forest, Montana / prepared by Lisa Ann Schassberger and J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 55.
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Gallatin National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for U.S. Forest Service, Gallatin National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 73.
- Sensitive plant surveys, 1989: U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest / prepared for United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service; prepared by Sarah Y. Mathews. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 4, p. 51, p. 78.
- South American Naiades: a contribution to the knowledge of the freshwater mussels of South America / by A.E. Ortmann. Pittsburgh: Published by the authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institut,  url p. 677.
- Spices and condiments / by James B. McNair, Asst. Curator of Economic Botany. Chicago:Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 32.
- Spixiana. 13 1990 Mnchen: Zoologische Staatssammlung Mnchen, 1977- url p. 208, p. 46.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 252, p. 253.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 10, p. 15.
- Status review and taxonomic studies of Astragalus molybdenus, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Lewis and Clark National Forest / prepared by Lisa Ann Schassberger and J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 31, p. 9.
- Status review of Aquilegia brevistyla, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1; Lewis & Clark National Forest, Montana / prepared by Lisa Schassberger Roe. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 28, p. 30, p. 33, p. 34, p. 8.
- Status review of Cirsium longistylum, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1 Lewis and Clark National Forest, Montana / Lisa A. Schassberger and Peter L. Achuff. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 6.
- Status review of Cirsium subniveum on the Beaverhead National Forest, U.S.D.A., Forest Service, Region 1, Montana / prepared by Lisa Schassberger Roe. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 21, p. 22, p. 23, p. 7.
- Status review of Goodyera repens, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Lewis and Clark National Forest, Montana / prepared by Peter Achuff and Lisa Schassberger. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 13, p. 43, p. 47, p. 49, p. 63.
- Status review of Howellia aquatilis, U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Flathead National Forest, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Status review of Lesquerella klausii, U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena and Lewis & Clark National Forests, Montana / prepared by J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 44, p. 47.
- Status review update of Goodyera repens, Lewis and Clark National Forest, Montana / prepared by Peter L. Achuff. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 16, p. 20, p. 9.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 596, p. 597, p. 773.
- Studies in French forestry / New York: Wiley, 1920. url .
- Studies in French forestry, by Theodore S. Woolsey, jr. with two chapters by William B. Greeley. New York, Wiley, 1920. url p. 408.
- Studies in French forestry, with two chapters by William B. Greeley. New YorkWiley1920 url p. 408.
- Studies of trees / by J. J. Levison. New York: J. Wiley & sons, 1914. url p. 22, p. 247.
- Studies of trees / by J.J. Levison. New York: J. Wiley, 1914. url p. 22.
- Survey for sensitive plant species on BLM lands in the vicinity of Lemhi Pass, Beaverhead County / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for Bureau of Land Management, Butte District. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 19, p. 20, p. 25, p. 376, p. 4, p. 5, p. 71, p. 74, p. 9.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 109, p. 397, p. 770, p. 887, p. 888, p. 940.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 283, p. 43.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 283, p. 283, p. 43, p. 43.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 2 1953 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. 192, p. 310.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 462, p. 462, p. 462, p. 462.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 444.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 45 1931 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url fig. 1 , cody & chillcott , house , , p. 102, p. 103, p. 107, p. 11, p. 117, p. 120, p. 122, p. 130, p. 138, p. 138, p. 14, p. 141, p. 147, p. 150, p. 152, p. 153, p. 153, p. 156, p. 158, p. 158, p. 159, p. 160, p. 169, p. 173, p. 174, p. 178, p. 192, p. 203, p. 207, p. 209, p. 21, p. 211, p. 213, p. 214, p. 215, p. 222, p. 223, p. 232, p. 234, p. 240, p. 247, p. 252, p. 257, p. 26, p. 262, p. 268, p. 270, p. 272, p. 275, p. 277, p. 278, fig. 2, page 28, p. 28, p. 288, p. 289, p. 348, p. 351, p. 353, p. 358, p. 358, p. 363, p. 38, p. 380, p. 40, p. 409, p. 411, p. 412, p. 413, p. 42, p. 420, p. 425, p. 431, p. 432, p. 434, p. 435, p. 436, p. 437, p. 446, p. 449, p. 449, p. 45, p. 451, p. 451, p. 452, p. 453, p. 480, p. 489, p. 50, p. 501, p. 521, p. 525, p. 531, p. 536, p. 575, p. 575, p. 578, p. 59, p. 60, p. 625, p. 662, p. 664, p. 666, p. 677, p. 693, p. 728, p. 739, p. 74, p. 749, p. 75, p. 75, p. 75, p. 90, p. 92, p. 99, p. 99.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 48 1988 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 111, p. 112, p. 146, p. 155, ranne, baker, andrews & ryan, page 21, p. 21, p. 218, p. 234, p. 24, p. 25, p. 255, fig. 2, page 26, p. 260, p. 27, fig. 3, page 28, p. 28, p. 282, gilbertson & lindsey, page 288, p. 298, p. 31, p. 339, fig. 4 cont., page 34, p. 40, p. 5, p. 626, p. 653, p. 659, p. 660, p. 705, p. 707, p. 735, p. 77, p. 88, p. 99.
- The Lepidopteras of New York and neighboring states, primitive forms Microlepidoptera, Pyraloids, Bombyces. Ithaca, N.Y., Cornell Univ., 1920. url p. 286.
- The North American cup-fungi (inoperculates) New York, 1951. url p. 390.
- The Thelephoraceae of North America / by Edward A. Burt. St. Louis, Mo.?: Missouri Botanical Garden, 1914-1926 url p. 339.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 22.
- The blossom circle of the year in southern gardens, New York, N.Y., A. T. De La Mare company, inc., 1922. url p. 199.
- The book of forestry, by Frederick Franklin Moon. New York [etc.]: D. Appleton and company, 1916. url p. 242.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url , , p. 111, p. 111, p. 138, p. 138, p. 181, p. 186.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 123, p. 129, p. 131, p. 138.
- The conifers and taxads of Japan. Issued December 30, 1916. CambridgeUniversity Press1916 url p. 18, p. 23, p. 59, p. 79, p. 80, p. 81, p. 82, p. v, p. vi.
- The conifers of the northern Rockies, Washington, Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 55.
- The conservation of the wild life of Canada / by C. Gordon Hewitt. New York: C. Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 184.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 303, p. 428, p. 431, p. 439.
- The cultivated evergreens; a handbook of the coniferous and most important broad-leaved evergreens planted for ornament in the United States and Canada, edited by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1923. url p. 195, p. 392, p. 73, p. 79, p. 96.
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 70.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url .
- The flora of Disko Island and the adjacent coast of West Greenland from 66-71 N. lat.: with remarks on phytogeography, ecology, flowering, fructification and hibernation / by Morten P. Porsild; assisted by A. Erling Porsild. Kbenhavn: B. Lunos bogt., 1920 [i.e. 1926]- url p. 29.
- The fungal diseases of the common larch / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1919. url .
- The fungi / by Frederick A. Wolf and Frederick T. Wolf. New York: J. Wiley,  url p. 405, p. 518.
- The home garden book of herbs and spices / by Milo Miloradovich. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday & Co., c1952. url p. 219, p. 92.
- The identification of trees & shrubs; how to recognize, without previous knowledge of botany, wild or garden trees and shrubs native to the north temperate zone, with 2, 500 diagrams made by the author. New York, Dutton url p. 293.
- The landscape gardening book, wherein are set down the simple laws of beauty and utility which should guide the development of all grounds, by Grace Tabor. New York, R. M. McBride, 1916. url p. 37.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 118.
- The orchids in the Ottawa District: floristics, phytogeography, population studies and historical review / Joyce M. Reddoch and Allan H. Reddoch. 111 1997 Ottawa, Canada: The Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club,  url p. 74.
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 41.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url .
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 29, p. 60.
- The romance of our trees, by Ernest H. Wilson, illustrated from photographs. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1920. url p. 274.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1181, p. 1183, p. 1726, p. 2691.
- The timbers of commerce and their identification, London, W. Rider & son, limited, 1918. url .
- The tree book: A popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation / New York: Doubleday, Page, 1920. url , p. 106.
- The tree book: a popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation / Garden City: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url , p. 106.
- The trees, shrubs, and plants of Virgil, [New York, B. H. Blackwell;1920. url p. 148, p. 63.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , , .
- Timbers and their uses; a handbook for woodworkers, merchants, and all interested in the conversion and use of timber, London, E. P. Dutton & Co., 1919. url , .
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 135, p. 17.
- Tree guide: trees east of the Rockies / by Julia Ellen Rogers. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page & Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 257, p. 27.
- Trees and shrubs hardy in the British Isles / by W. J. Bean. London: J. Murray, 1916. url p. 668, p. 674.
- Trees and shrubs of Nantucket; Descriptions, identification keys, list of trees and shrubs [by] Mabel Agnes Rice. [Ann Arbor, Michigan., Lithoprinted by Edwards brothers, inc.]1946. url p. 70.
- Trees and shrubs, hardy in the British isles. LondonJ. Murray1914 url p. 668, p. 674.
- Trees of Indiana / by Chas. C. Deam Fort Wayne, Ind.: Fort Wayne Printing Co., 1921 url p. 291, p. 311.
- Trees of Indiana. Fort Wayne, Ind., Fort Wayne Printing Co., 1921. url , .
- Trees worth knowing / by Julia Ellen Rogers. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 275, p. 286.
- Trees: a woodland notebook containing observations on certain British and exotic trees / by Sir Herbert Maxwell; illustrated with photographs by Mr. Henry Irving and others. Glasgow: James Maclehose and Sons, Publishers to the University, 1915. url p. 214.
- Trends and silvicultural significance of upland forest successions in southern New England, New Haven, Yale University, 1928 url p. 15, p. 18, p. 23, p. 25.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 10 1958 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 339, p. 381, p. 388.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , p. 63.
- Vegetation and flora of the Line Creek Plateau area, Carbon County, Montana / prepared by Peter Lesica and the Montana Natural Heritage Program; prepared for USDA Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 22, p. 6, p. 7.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 354, p. 428, p. 604.
- Verffentlichungen der Zoologischen Staatssammlung Mnchen. 6 1961 Mnchen: Die Staatssammlung, url p. 120, p. 179, p. 195, p. 210.
- Veterinary materia medica and therapeutics / Chicago: American Veterinary Pub. Co., c1919. url .
- Webster's Practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament / by A.D. Webster. London: W. Rider & son, limited,  url p. 138.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 372.
- Woody plants in winter; a manual of common trees and shrubs in winter in the Northeastern United States and southeastern Canada, by Earl L. Core and Nelle P. Ammons. Pittsburgh, Boxwood Press url p. 42, p. 43.
- Woody plants of the western national parks; containing keys for the identification of trees and shrubs, by Virginia Long Bailey and Harold Edwards Bailey. Notre Dame, Ind., University Press, 1949. url p. 17.
- World Plant Conservation Bibliography WCMC, Royal Botanic Gardens url p. 485.
- Wang Wen-tsai, Cheng Wan-chün, Fu Li-kuo & Chu Cheng-de. 1978. Cupressaceae. In: Cheng Wan-chün & Fu Li-kuo, eds., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 7: 313-398.
- Adams, R. P. 1969. Chemosystematic and Numerical Studies in Natural Populations of Juniperus. Ph.D. thesis. University of Texas.
- Adams, R. P. and T. A. Zanoni. 1979. The distribution, synonymy, and taxonomy of three junipers of the southwest United States and northern Mexico. SouthW. Naturalist 24: 323--330.
- Adams, R. P., E. von Rudloff, and L. Hogge. 1983. Chemosystematic studies of the western North American junipers based on their volatile oils. Biochem. Syst. & Ecol. 11: 85--89.
- Fassett, N. C. 1945. Juniperus virginiana, J. horizontalis, and J. scopulorum. V. Taxonomic treatment. Bull. Torrey Bot. Club 72: 480--482.
- Hall, M. T. 1952. Variation and hybridization in Juniperus. Ann. Missouri Bot. Gard. 39: 1--64.
- Van Haverbeke, D. F. 1968. A population study of Juniperus in the Missouri River basin. Univ. Nebraska Stud., n. s. 38: 1--82.
- Vasek, F. C. 1966. The distribution and taxonomy of three western junipers. Brittonia 18: 350--372.
- Zanoni, T. A. 1978. The American junipers of the section Sabina (Juniperus, Cupressaceae)---A century later. Phytologia 38: 433--454.
- Zanoni, T. A. and R. P. Adams. 1979. The genus Juniperus (Cupressaceae) in Mexico and Guatemala: Synonymy, key, and distributions of the taxa. Bol. Soc. Bot. México 38: 83--131.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed May 2, 2012.
- Conifer Database 2006.
- Conifer Database. Release date: June 5, 2008
- Conifer Specialist Group 1998. In IUCN 2008. 2008 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. IUCNRedList.org. Downloaded July 19, 2008.
- Conifer Specialist Group 1998. Juniperus communis. In: IUCN 2011. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloadedon 01February2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 18, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- IUCN 2012. IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2011.2. . Downloaded on January 28, 2012.
- "Juniperus communis". in Flora of North America Vol. 2. Published by Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 28, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 17, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- University of Washington Burke Museum, Vascular Plant Collection - University of Washington Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2664491
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Con-2018
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4706086
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:20009324-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 20821
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 194820
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 262182-1
- IUCN ID: 217111
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PGCUP05030
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: JUCOM2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 44142
- Liguo Fu, Yong-fu Yu, Robert P. Adams & Aljos Farjon "Cupressaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 4 Page 62. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Robert P. Adams "Juniperus". in Flora of North America Vol. 2. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 486.020 meters (1,594.554 feet), Standard Deviation = 536.080 based on 18,205 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]