Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Arabic:
El Badara (Senegal), Nil
Common Names in Bambara:
Gala (Senegal), Gara (Senegal), Gara Missé (Mali), Ngala (Senegal)
Common Names in Bengali:
Common Names in Chinese:
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Chinese Indigo, Bengal Indigo, Black Henna, Ceylon Indigo, Commercial Indigo, Common Indigo, Digo, Dyers Indigo, East Asian Indigo Plant, Ezo-Yama-Hagi, Frank Indigo, Indian Indigo, Indian Maddar, Indigo, Indigo Sauvage, Indigotier, Madras Indigo, True Indigo, Wild Indigo
Common Names in French:
Indigo Des Teinturiers, Indigotier
Common Names in German:
Indigo, Indigopflanze, Indigostrauch
Common Names in Gujarati:
Gali, Gari, Nil
Common Names in Hausa:
Báábáá (Niger, Báábán Kóóre, Báábán Rínii, Nigeria)
Common Names in Hawaiian:
Common Names in Hindi:
Common Names in Italian:
Anile, Indigofera, Pianta Dell' Indaco
Common Names in Japanese:
Nanbanai, Taiwan Komatsuna Gi
Common Names in Malagasy:
Aika, Engilavy, Engitra, Ingetsea
Common Names in Malay:
Common Names in Polish:
Anileiro, Indygo, Indygowiec Barwierski
Common Names in Portuguese:
Anileiro, Indigo, Indigoteiro, Indigueiro
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Sanskrit:
Nila, Nili, Nilika, Nilla, Rangapatri
Common Names in Sinhalese:
Common Names in Spanish:
Añil, Añilera, Anil, Ruda Cimarrona
Common Names in Swiss:
Common Names in Tagalog:
Common Names in Tamil:
Avuri, Neela Amari, Neela Avari, Nila Amari, Nili
Common Names in Vietnamese:
Common Names in Yoruba:
Elú-àjà, Elú-Weere, Sense
or herbs, generally pubescent
, sometimes mixed with basifixed
hairs. Leaves pinnate or imparipinnate
or palmately trifoliolate
entire; stipules present. Inflorescence an axillary
or spike or solitary axillary. Bract generally caducous
, bracteoles absent. Calyx lobes
or teeth subequal
or lowermost longer
. Vexillum sessile or clawed. Wing
with the keel. Keel gibbous on each side and often spurred
. Stamens 9+1, diadelphous
. Ovary with numerous
or 1 to 2 ovules, style glabrous
, stigma capitate, often penicillate
. Fruit linear
, 4-3-seeded or compressed
between the seeds. Seeds globose to cylindric
, compressed or quadrate
A genus with more than 300 species, widely distributed in tropics and subtropics of both New and Old Worlds, with centre of distribution in Tropical Africa. In Pakistan it is represented by 24 species.
Habit: Shrub , Herb • Climbing: Not Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: March. • Flower Color: red-orange
Size: 24-36" tall.
Culture: Space 36-48" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Anila tinctoria var. normalis Kuntze • Indigofera anil var. orthocarpa Dc. • Indigofera bergii Vatke • Indigofera cinerascens Dc. • Indigofera houer Forssk. • Indigofera indica Lam. • Indigofera oligophylla Baker • Indigofera orthocarpa< /i> (Dc.)o. Berg & C. F. Schmidt • Indigofera sumatrana Gaertn. • Indigofera tinctoria var. brachycarpa Dc. • Indigofera tinctoria var. macrocarpa Dc. • Indigofera tinctoria var. torulosa Baker F. • Indigofera tulearensis Drake
Members of the genus Indigofera
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 43 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
I. amblyantha (Pink-Flower Indigo) · I. ammoxylum (Bois De Rose) · I. arrecta (Bengal Indigo) · I. aspalathoides (Wiry Indigo) · I. astragalina (Hairy Indigo) · I. australis (Austral Indigo) · I. campestris (Creeping Indigo) · I. caroliniana (Carolina Indigo) · I. coerulea (Indigotier Sauvage) · I. coerulea var. coerulea (Surat Indigo) · I. colutea (Rusty Indigo) · I. decora (Chinese Indigo) · I. eriocarpa (Indigofera) · I. glandulosa (Befari) · I. glandulosa var. glandulosa (Befari) · I. guatemalensis (Guatemalan Indigo) · I. hendecaphylla (Trailing Indigo) · I. heterantha (Himalayan Indigo) · I. hirsuta (Hairy Indigo) · I. kirilowii (Chinese Indigo) · I. leucotricha (Silver Indigo) · I. lindheimeriana (Lindheimer's Indigo) · I. linnaei (Birdsville Indigo) · I. longiracemosa (Manga) · I. miniata (Coast Indigo) · I. mysorensis (Mysore Panicled Indigo) · I. pendula (Weeping Shrub) · I. pilosa (Softhairy Indigo) · I. potaninii (Pink-Flower Indigo) · I. pseudotinctoria (Dwarf False Indigo) · I. pseudotinctoria 'Rose Carpet' (Dwarf False Indigo) · I. sphaerocarpa (Sonoran Indigo) · I. spicata (Creeping Indigo) · I. stachyodes (Long Spiked Indigo) · I. stenosepala (Maroampofotra) · I. suffruticosa (Akouveli) · I. suffruticosa suffruticosa (Akouveli) · I. tinctoria (Chinese Indigo) · I. tinctoria arcuata (Indian Indigo) · I. tinctoria tinctoria (Digo) · I. trifoliata (Threeleaf Indigo) · I. trita (Frijolillo) · I. zollingeriana (Zollinger's Indigo)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 67.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 107, p. 111, p. 19.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical. In two parts. Part I. Outlines of organography, anatomy, and physiology. Part II. Descriptions and illustrations of the orders. By Emm. Le Maout [and] J. Decaisne. With 5500 figures by L. Steinheil a London, Longmans, Green & Co.1873. url .
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 208.
- A glossary of botanic terms, with their derivation and accent. London, Duckworth, 1905. url p. 133.
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 26, p. 469.
- A history of science, New YorkHarper1904-1910 url .
- A list of plants of Formosa, by Takiya Kawakami. Taiwan shokubutsu mokuroku. Taihoku, Bureau of Productive Industry, Govt. of Formosa, 1910. url p. 29.
- A manual of Indian timbers: an account of the structure, growth, distribution, and qualities of Indian woods. CalcuttaOffice of the Superintendent of Govt. Printing1881 url p. 117.
- A manual of Indian timbers; an account of the growth, distribution, and uses of the trees and shrubs of India and Ceylon with descriptions of their wood-structure, by J. S. Gamble... London: S. Low, Marston & co. ltd., 1902. url p. 230.
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 533.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 150.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 522.
- A naturalist in north Celebes: a narrative of travels in Minahassa, the Sangir and Talaut Islands, with notices of the fauna, flora and ethnology of the districts visited / London: J. Murray, 1889. url , , .
- A practical flora for schools and colleges, by Oliver R. Willis. New York, American Book Co.[c1894] url p. 96.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 37.
- A review of the references to the Hortus malabaricus of Henry Van Rheede Van Draakenstein [sic] Swansea: Printed at the Cambrian-Office, by Murray and Rees, 1839. url p. 4.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 98.
- A system of physiological botany by Rev. P. Keith. .. Dublin: J. Cumming, 1816. url p. 405.
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- A text book of physiology, by M. Foster. .. London andMacmillan and Co., 1888-90. url p. 200.
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy: intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and a handbook for food and drug analysts / by Henry Kraemer. Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott company[c1910] url p. 298.
- A text-book of physiology, M. Foster. .. London, Macmillan and Co., 1893-99. url p. 199.
- A text-book of tropical agriculture / by H.A. Alford Nicholls. London; Macmillan, 1906. url .
- A voyage of discovery, into the South Sea and Beering's straits, for the purpose of exploring a north-east passage, undertaken in the years 1815-1818, at the expense of His Highness. .. Count Romanzoff, in the ship Rurick, London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1821. url p. 77.
- A year in Brazil, with notes on the abolition of slavery, the finances of the empire, religion, meteorology, natural history, etc., London, K. Paul, Trench & co., 1886. url p. 421.
- A year in Brazil: with notes on the abolition of slavery, the finances of the empire, religion, meteorology, natural history, etc / by Hastings Charles Dent. London: Kegan Paul, Trench, 1886. url p. 421.
- Agricultural botany an enumeration and description of useful plants and weeds, which merit the notice, or require the attention, of American agriculturists / New York: J.W. Moore; 1847. url p. 249.
- Agricultural botany: Philadelphia, J. W. Moore;1847. url p. 249.
- An English index to the plants of India compiled by H. Piddington. Calcutta: Printed at the Baptist Mission Press, and sold by Messrs. Thacker and Co., 1832. url p. 105.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 253.
- An elementary text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. .. London: S. Sonnenschein & co., lim.;1898. url p. 558.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag by J.C. Loudon London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1831 url p. 145, p. 195.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and of the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of by J.C. Loudon. London: Longmans, Green, 1871. url p. 219.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 275, p. 276.
- An enumeration of the vascular plants known from Surinam: together with their distribution and synonymy / by A. Pulle. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1906. url p. 222, p. 529.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. By George M. Gould. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston, Son & Co., 1894. url p. 163.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia, and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102d meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: C. Scribner's sons, 1913. url p. 371.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1921-22. url p. 189.
- Analytical class-book of botany, designed for academies and private students. In two parts: Part 1. Elements of vegetable structure and physiology. By Frances H. Green. Part 11. Systematic botany: illustrated by a compendious flora of the northern states. By Joseph W. Congdon. London, D. Appleton, 1855. url p. 100.
- Analytical class-book of botany: designed for academies and private students. In two parts: Part 1. Elements of vegetable structure and physiology / by Frances H. Green. Part 11. Systematic botany, by Joseph W. Congdon. New York: D. Appleton, 1856. url p. 100.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 180.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 180, p. 180, p. 573.
- Applied economic botany based upon actual agricultural and gardening projects, by Melville Thurston Cook; 142 illustrations. Philadelphia, Lippincott, [c1919] url p. 203.
- Applied economic botany, based upon actual agricultural and gardening projects. Philadelphia, Lippincott url p. 203.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 1 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 432.
- Bergen's Elements of botany--key and flora, southern United States edition / by S.M. Tracy. Boston: Ginn, 1899. url p. 122.
- Biology for beginners, by Truman J. Moon. New York, H. Holt and company[c1921] url p. 462.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 36.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url , , , , p. 276.
- Botany. New York, Holt, 1889. url p. 532.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 148, p. 149.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 125, p. 13, p. 158, p. 580.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 74.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1910 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 284, p. 286, p. 57.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 358.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1899 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 213, p. 381, p. 392.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 39.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 12, p. 77.
- Burma, its people and productions; or, Notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of Tenasserim, Pegu, and Burma. Hertford: S. Austin, 1882-1883. url p. 712.
- Catalogue of economic plants in the collection of the U. S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1891. url .
- Catalogue of the Hemiptera (Heteroptera) with biological and anatomical references, lists of foodplants and parasites, etc. prefaced by a discussion on nomenclature, and an analytical table of families, by G. W. Kirkaldy. Berlin, F. L. Dames, 1909- url p. 380.
- Catalogue of the collections in the museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain compiled by E.M. Holmes. London, The Society, 1878. url p. 286, p. 30.
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 297.
- Chambers's information for the people; edited by William and Robert Chambers. London, Chambers, 1884. url p. 342.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 179, p. 264.
- Cocoa. By Dr. C. J. J. van Hall. London: Macmillan and Co., limited, 1914. url p. 115, p. 400.
- College botany, structure, physiology and economics of plants. Philadelphia, Lippincott, 1920. url p. 356.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 1 1835 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 346.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 8 1903-1905 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 165, p. 184, p. 245, p. 265, p. 272, p. 296, p. 414, p. 430, p. 440, p. 452, p. 541, p. 565, p. V.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 42.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam [Aberdeen]Printed for the University1912- url p. 53.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam. .. / by William Grant Craib. .. [Aberdeen]: Printed for the University of Aberdeen, 1912- url p. 53.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 106 1880 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url .
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 804.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 53.
- Descriptive catalogue of the Formosan fungi / by Kaneyoshi Sawoda. Taihoku, Formosa: Agricultural Experiment Station, 1919- url p. 169, p. 192, p. 196, p. 254.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 893, p. 898.
- Economic plants. An index to economic products of the vegetable kingdom in Jamaica. Comp. by William Fawcett. .. Jamaica, Govt. Print. Establishment, 1891. url p. 47.
- Elements of agricultural chemistry in a course of lectures for the Board of Agriculture. Philadelphia, B. Warner, 1821. url p. 68.
- Elements of agricultural chemistry, in a course of lectures for the Board of agriculture. By Sir Humphry Davy. .. Alexandria:and William F. Gray, 1815. url p. 84, p. 84.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1166.
- Experimental evolution; lectures delivered in the "Summer School of Art and Science", University Hall, Edinburgh (August, 1891) by Henry de Varigny. and New York, Macmillan and Co., 1892. url p. 175.
- Familiar lectures on botany, practical, elementary, and physiological: with an appendix, containing descriptions of the plants of the United States and exotics, &c. for the use of seminaries and private students / by Mrs. Almira H. Lincoln. New York: F. J. Huntington & Co., 1841. url p. 180.
- Flora Indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants / by the late William Roxburgh. Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 379.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 183, p. 184.
- Flora cestrica: an herborizing companion for the young botanists of Chester County...Pennsylvania. By William Darlington. Philadelphia, Lindsay & Blakiston, 1853. url p. 53.
- Flora medica; a botanical account of all the more important plants used in medicine in different parts of the world. London, Longman, 1838. url p. 634.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 181.
- Flora of Guatemala: families Leguminosae, Geraniaceae, Oxalidaceae, Tropaeolaceae, Linaceae, Erythroxylaceae, Zygophyllaceae, Rutaceae, Simaroubaceae, Burseraceae, Meliaceae, and Malpighiaceae / by Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1946 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1946. url p. 272.
- Flora of Jamaica, containing descriptions of the flowering plants known from the island, by William Fawcett and Alfred Barton Rendle. London.Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1910- url p. 14, p. 15, p. 16.
- Flora of Kwangtung and Hongkong (China) being an account of the floweriing plants, ferns and fern allies together with keys for their determination preceded by a map and introduction, London, H. M. Stationery off., printed by Darling and son, ltd., 1912. url .
- Flora of the Presidency of Madras / by J.S. Gamble. London: West, Newman and Adlard, 1915- url p. 312.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 224.
- Flora of the island of St. Croix. By Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1902 Chicago, 1902. url p. 494.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 608, p. 608.
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arranged a By A.W. Chapman, M.D. The ferns by Prof. Daniel C. Eaton. New York, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & Co., 1887 [c1883] url p. 96.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 98, p. 99.
- Florida wild flowers; an introduction to the flora of the Florida peninsula, by Mary Francis Baker, photographs by the author. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 108.
- Fodder crops of the Punjab. Lahore, Govt. print., 1912 url p. 31.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 318, p. 548.
- Fragmenta Florae Philippinae: contributions to the flora of the Philippine Islands / by J. Perkins. Leipzig: Gebr. Borntraeger, 1904-1905. url p. 16.
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 20.
- Glimpses into the life of Indian plants: an elementary Indian botany / by I. Pfleiderer. Mangalore: Basel Mission Book and Tract Depository, 1916. url p. 289.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 129.
- Green manures and manuring in the tropics, including an account of the economic value of leguminosæ as sources of foodstuffs, vegetable oils, drugs, &c. By P. de Sornay. .. tr. by F.W. Flattely. .. from the well-known work, "Les plantes tropicales alimentaires et industrielles de la famille des légumineuses." London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1916. url .
- Grisebach, A. H. R. Flora of the British West Indian islands /by A.H.R. Grisebach. -18 London, L. Reeve, 1864. url p. 178, p. 181, p. 784.
- Hand-book of Indian agriculture, by Nitya Gopal Mukerji. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink & co., 1901. url p. 200, p. 411, p. 414.
- Hand-book of Indian flora; being a guide to all the flowering plants hitherto described as indigenous to the continent of India. [Madras?]Trabancore Sircar Press, 1864-69. url , , , .
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 201.
- Home studies / by Rebecca A. Upton. Boston: Crosby, Nichols; 1856. url p. 149.
- Hooker, W. J. Botanical miscellany. 1 1830 London: J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 307, p. 307.
- Hooker, W. J. et al. Niger flora;or, An enumeration of the plants of western tropical Africa, collected by the late Dr. Theodore Vogel, botanist to the voyage of the expedition sent by Her Britannic Majesty to the river Niger in 1841, under the command of Capt. H. D. Trotter, R.N., &c.; including Spicilegia gorgonea, by P. B. Webb, esq., and Flora nigritiana, by Dr. J. D. Hooker. .. and George Bentham, esq. with a sketch of the life of Dr. Vogel. Ed. by Sir W. J. Hooker. .. With two views, a map, and fifty plates. 1849 London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc.] 1849. url p. 121, p. 295.
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 177.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 167.
- Indian Museum notes. Calcutta: [Indian Museum]: 1889-1903. url , p. 170, p. 170, p. 174.
- International catalogue of scientific literature [Sect.] M. Botany: 1st -14th annual issues, 1901-1914. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1901-1919. url .
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 40, p. 58, p. 60, p. 61, p. 63, p. 83, p. 97.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 615.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 5 1867 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 291.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 41 1940 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 42.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 614.
- Laboratory technique in biology and medicine. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1952. url p. 162.
- Lectures on the physiology of plants / by Sydney Howard Vines. . Cambridge, Cambridgeshire: The University Press, 1886 url p. 239.
- List of trees, shrubs, and principal climbers, etc., recorded from Burma: with vernacular names / by J.H. Lace. Rangoon, Burma: Supt., Govt. Print., 1922. url p. 324.
- Loudon's encyclopaedia of plants; comprising the specific character, description, culture, history, application in the arts, and every other desirable particular respecting all the plants indigenous to, cultivated in, or introduced in Edited by Mrs. Loudon, assisted by George Don and David Wooster. London, Longmans, Green, 1866. url p. 634.
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 350, p. 358, p. 360.
- Martin's Natural history / Translated from the thirty-fifth German edition, by Sarah A. Myers; containing two hundred and sixty-two beautifully colored illustrations; First [and second] series. New York: Phinney, Blakeman & Mason, 1861- url p. 251.
- Materials for a flora of the Malayan Peninsula. By George King [and J.S. Gamble]. Calcutta;1889-1936. url p. 80, p. 81.
- Memoir of the late William Wright, M. D. with extracts from his correspondence, and a selection of his papers on medical and botanical subjects. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1828. url p. 293, p. 444.
- Memoir on the physical and political geography of New Granada. New York, T. Dwight, 1853. url p. 102.
- Memoirs of the Literary and Philosophical Society of Manchester. Manchester: The Society, 1785-1879. url p. 199, p. 233.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url , , .
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 147, p. 18, p. 21, p. 413, p. 582.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 9 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 420.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 8 1813 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 69.
- Novon a journal of botanical nomenclature from the Missouri Botanical Garden. 4 1994 St. Louis, MO: Missouri Botanical Garden, url p. 255.
- Observer and record of agriculture, Science and art. Philadelphia, Merrihew and thompson, printers. url p. 125.
- On the flora of Cutch / by E. Blatter. [Bombay: Bombay Natural History Society], 1908-1909. url p. 25.
- Origin of cultivated plants / by Alphonse de Candolle. .. London: Paul, Trench, 1886. url p. 136, p. 440.
- Origin of cultivated plants. By Alphonse de Candolle. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902. url p. 136.
- Origin of cultivated plants. New York, Appleton, 1892. url .
- Our farm crops. Being a popular scientific description of the cultivation, chemistry, diseases, remedies, &c., of the various crops cultivated in Great Britain and Ireland. London, Blackie and son url p. 416.
- Outlines of bacteriology (technical and agricultural), Bombay and Calcutta, Longmans, Green, and co., 1909. url , .
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 65.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 54.
- Pharmaceutical botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1914] url , .
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 457.
- Philosophical transactions. v. 1-177, 1665/66-1886. London [etc.] url p. 307, p. 337.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 306, p. 340, p. 393.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 565.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 565.
- Plants and their uses; an introduction to botany, by Frederick Leroy Sargent with numerous illustrations. New York, H. Holt and company, 1913. url p. 591, p. 591.
- Plants of the Bahamas, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, by A.S. Hitchcock. .. Issued March 9, 1893. St. Louis, 1893 url p. 74.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 98.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 98.
- Popular geography of plants; or, A botanical excursion round the world, by E.M.C.; ed. by Charles Daubeny. London, 1855. url p. 162.
- Practical plant biochemistry, by Muriel Wheldale Onslow. .. Cambridge, University press, 1920. url p. 152.
- Practical plant biochemistry. CambridgeUniversity Press1923 url p. 167.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 5.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 240, p. 754.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 343.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland. [Brisbane, Royal Society of Queensland]1885- url p. 85.
- Proceedings. London. url p. 582.
- Publication / Institute of Social Anthropology. Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1944- url p. 143.
- Rambles on the Riviera, New York, C. Scribner's sons; [etc., etc.]1906. url .
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 687.
- Report on the agriculture and geology of Mississippi. Embracing a sketch of the social and natural history of the state. By B.L.C. Wailes, geologist of Mississippi. .. [Jackson]E. Barksdale, State Printer, 1854. url p. 135, p. 135.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 138.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 94.
- Resources of the southern fields and forests, medical, economical, and agricultural; Charleston, Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1869. url p. 205, p. 206.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 575.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 12.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 264, p. 620, p. 635, p. 646.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 164, p. 386.
- Select plants (exclusive of timber trees) readily eligible for Victorian industrial culture with indications of their native countries and some of their uses; an enumeration / offered by Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: s.n., 1872 url p. 64.
- Sino-Iranica; Chinese contributions to the history of civilization in ancient Iran, with special reference to the history of cultivated plants and products / by Berthold Laufer -- Chicago, 1919. url p. 370, p. 370, p. 585, p. 585, p. 618, p. 618.
- Sketch of the forestry of West Africa with particular reference to its present principal commercial products. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1887. url , .
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 608.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 15 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 228.
- Species Blancoanae: a critical revision of the Philippine species of plants described by Blanco and by Llanos /by E.D. Merrill. 1918 Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1918. url p. 179.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 210.
- Structural and systematic botany: being an arrangement of plants, forming a basis for the study of botany, either on the Linnaean or natural systems. London, C. Griffin[pref. 1855] url p. 199, p. 54.
- Suggestions received by the Agricultural & Horticultural Society of India for extending the cultivation and introduction of useful and ornamental plants: with a view to the improvement of the agricultural and commercial resources of India / compiled by Henry Harpur Spry. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1841. url p. 189.
- Systematic list of the trees, shrubs and woody-climbers of the Bombay Presidency / by W.A. Talbot. Bombay: Printed at the Govt. Central Press, 1894. url p. 67.
- Technical mycology, the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures, with an introduction by E.C. Hansen, tr. by Charles T.C. Salter. London, Griffin, 1910- url p. 119.
- Technical mycology; the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures. A practical handbook on fermentation and fermentative processes, for the use of brewers and distillers, analysts, technical and agricultural chemists, pharmacists, and all interested in the industries London, C. Griffin and company, limited, 1898-1910. url p. 155.
- Technical series. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1895-1915. url p. 176.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 185.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 185, p. 185.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1674.
- The American farm book or compend of American agriculture; being a practical treatise on soils, manures, draining, irrigation, grasses, grain, roots, fruits. .. by R. L. Allen N. Y.C. M. Saxon1850 url p. 225.
- The American farm book: or, Compend of American agriculture; being a practical treatise on soils, manures, draining irrigation, grasses, grain, roots, fruits, cotton, tobacco, sugar cane, rice, and every staple product of t by R.L. Allen. New York: C.M. Saxton, Barker & Co.; 1860, c1849 url p. 225.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 660.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 661.
- The American journal of science. 24(2) 1857 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 288.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 180, p. 180, p. 180, p. 180.
- The Bermuda islands: an account of their scenery, climate, productions, physiography, natural history and geology, with sketches of their discovery and early history, and the changes in their flora and fauna due to man; with 38 plates and over 250 cuts in the text / by Addison E. Verrill. New Haven, Conn.: The author, 1902. url p. 519.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 479.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 825.
- The Bukidnon of Mindanao / Fay-Cooper Cole. [Chicago]Chicago Natural History Museum Press, 1956. url p. 59.
- The Cottage gardener. [London: W.S. Orr, url p. 158.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 152.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 600.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 262.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 29, p. 51, p. 93.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1167, p. 1334.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 119, p. 388, p. 42, p. 622.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 321, p. 378, p. 96.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 237, p. 267, p. 421, p. 466, p. 482, p. 542, p. 768.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 401.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 41 1912-13 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 113, p. 147, p. 157, p. 173, p. 293, p. 311, p. 39, p. 463, p. 464.
- The London and Edinburgh philosophical magazine and journal of science. London: Richard and John E. Taylor, 1832-1840. url p. 263.
- The Philippine journal of science. 7 1912 Manila. url p. 184, p. 193, p. 378, p. 456, p. 65, p. 67, p. 81, p. 90.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 58.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 248, p. 761.
- The Tinguian; social, religious, and economic life of a Philippine tribe / by Fay-Cooper Cole -- with a chapter on music by Albert Gale, 83 plates and 26 text-figures -- Berthold Laufer -- Chicago, 1922. url p. 426.
- The agricultural pests of India, and of eastern and southern Asia, vegetable and animal, injurious to man and his products. By Surgeon General Edward Green Balfour. .. London, B. Quaritch, 1887. url p. 72.
- The agriculturist's manual: being a familiar description of the agricultural plants cultivated in Europe: including practical observations respecting those suited to the climate of Great Britain and forming a report of Lawson's by Peter Lawson & Son. Edinburgh: William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh: Thomas Cadell, 141 Strand, London; and W. Curry Jun. & Co., Dublin, 1836. url p. 312.
- The book of hardy flowers; a simple and complete descriptive guide to the cultivation in gardens of the trees and shrubs, perennial and annual flowers, that are hardy, or are suitable for planting out-of-doors in summer in temp Ed. by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with thirty-two direct color photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke and sixty-four half-tone plates. 1915 New York, Funk & Wagnalls company; [etc., etc.] url p. 231.
- The botanical text-book, an introduction to scientific botany, both structural and systematic. For colleges, schools, and private students. By Asa Gray. New York, Putnam, 1850. url p. 411.
- The chemical basis of the animal body. New York, Macmillan, 1893. url p. 199.
- The commercial products of India: being an abridgment of The dictionary of the economic products of India / by Sir George Watt; published under the authority of His Majesty's secretary of state for India in council. London: J. Murray, 1908. url p. 49, p. 662.
- The commercial products of the vegetable kingdom, considered in their various uses to man and in their relation to the arts and manufactures; forming a practical treatise and handbook of reference for the colonist, manufacturer, merchant, and consume London, Day, 1854. url p. 453.
- The desert world. From the French of Arthur Mangin. Edited and enlarged by the translator of "The bird, by Michelet." With 160 illustrations by W. Freeman, Foulquier, and Yan Dargent. London, T. Nelson, 1869. url p. 245, p. 407, p. 618.
- The elements of botany embracing organography, histology, vegetable physiology, systematic botany and economic botany. .. together with a complete glossary of botanical terms Philadelphia, J. E. Potter and Company[c1883] url .
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 660.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 661.
- The fermentation of cacao, with which is compared the results of experimental investigations into the fermentation, oxidation, and drying of coffee, tea, tobacco, indigo, &c., for shipment. By the following authorities:--Dr. Axel Preyer. .. Dr. Oscar Loew. .. Dr. Fickendey. .. [and others] Ed. by Harold Hamel Smith. .. with a foreword by Sir George Watt. . London, J. Bale, sons and Danielsson, ltd. url p. 77.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 98, p. 98, p. 99.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The flora of Jamaica; a description of the plants of that island, arranged according to the natural orders. With and appendix, containing an enumeration of the genera according to the Linnaean system, and an essay on the geographical destribution of the species. By James Macfadyen, M. D. Vo. I. Ranunculac London, Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, & Longman; [etc., etc.]1837. url p. 244, p. 244, p. 245, p. 245.
- The flora of St. Croix and the Virgin Islands, by Baron H.F.A. Eggers. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 42.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 105.
- The flora of the Dutch West Indian islands. .. by I. Boldingh. Leyden, E. J. Brill, 1909-14. url p. 185, p. 40.
- The flora of the Malay Peninsula. By Henry N. Ridley, with illus. by J. Hutchinson. London, L. Reeve & co., ltd., 1922-25. url p. 580, p. 581.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url .
- The forest flora of north-west and central India: a handbook of the indigenous trees and shrubs of those countries / Commenced by by J. Lindsay Stewart. Continued and completed by Dietrich Brandis. Prepared at the herbarium of the Royal gardens, Kew. LondonW.H. Allen1874 url p. 135.
- The forests and flora of British Honduras / by Paul C. Standley and Samuel J. Record; in cooperation with the Conservator of Forests and the Agricultural Officer of the Colony. 12 1936 Chicago: [Field Museum of Natural History], 1936. url p. 185.
- The gallery of nature and art; or, A tour through creation and science, LondonR. Wilks1818 url p. 287.
- The gardens' bulletin, Straits Settlements. Singapore: Straits Times Press, 1913-1941. url p. 23, p. 427, p. 50.
- The geography of plants / by M. E. Hardy. Oxford: Clarendon press, 1920. url p. 323.
- The housekeeper and gardener / by Rebecca A. Upton. Boston: Crosby, Nichols; 1858. url p. 147.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 268, p. 294, p. 356, p. 470, p. 80, p. 81, p. 87.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 242.
- The natural history of Sokotra and Abdel-Kuri: being the report upon the results of the Conjoint Expedition to these Islands in 1898-9, by Mr. W.R. Ogilvie-Grant. .. and Dr. H.O. Forbes. .. / edited by Henry O. Forbes. Liverpool: The Free Public Museums, Henry Young and Sons, 1903. url p. 468.
- The natural history of plants. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1871-88. url .
- The natural history of plants. Translated by Marcus M. Hartog. LondonL. Reeve1871- url p. 203.
- The natural history review. Dublin: Hodges & Smith, 1854-1865. url p. 52.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 53.
- The new flora of the volcanic island of Krakatau, CambridgeUniversity Press1908 url p. 13.
- The plant, a biography in a series of popular lectures / by M.J. Schleiden; translated by Arthur Henfrey. London: H. Bailliere, 1848. url p. 53.
- The power of movement in plants / New York: D. Appleton, 1895. url .
- The power of movement in plants / by Charles Darwin, assisted by Francis Darwin. New York: D. Appleton, 1898. url p. 354.
- The power of movement in plants, New York, Appleton, 1896. url , .
- The power of movement in plants. By Charles Darwin. .. assisted by Francis Darwin. New York, Appleton, 1881. url p. 354, p. 581.
- The practical American gardener; Baltimore, F. Lucas, jr., 1819. url p. 394.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3625.
- The structure and functions of bacteria / by Alfred Fischer. Translated into English by A. Coppen Jones. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1900. url p. 124.
- The tropical world: a popular scientific account of the natural history of the animal and vegetable kingdoms in the equatorial regions. LondonLongman, Green, Longman, Roberts, and Green1863 url p. 234, p. 552, p. xii.
- The tropical world: aspects of man and nature in the equatorial regions of the globe. LondonLongmans, Green1873 url p. 192, p. 545.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 297.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 265, p. 272, p. 296, p. 58.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 164, p. 200.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 549.
- The world's commercial products; a descriptive account of the economic plants of the world and of their commercial uses by W. G. Freeman and S. E. Chandler. .. with contributions by T. A. Henry, C. E. Jones, and E. H. Wilson. London, Sir I. Pitman and sons, limited1907. url p. 355.
- Timbers and their uses; a handbook for woodworkers, merchants, and all interested in the conversion and use of timber, London, E. P. Dutton & Co., 1919. url , , .
- Torrey, J. & A. Gray A flora of North America: containing abridged descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing north of Mexico, arranged according to the natural system /by John Torrey and Asa Gray. New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1838-. url p. 688.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 411, p. 411.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 104, p. 240, p. 476.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 627, p. 627, p. 931, p. 931, p. 931.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia. Adelaide, Australia: The Society, 1890-1903. url p. 2.
- Transactions of the third International congress of tropical agriculture, held at the Imperial institute, London, S.W., June 23rd to 30th, 1914. London: J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, 1915-17. url p. 661.
- Travels of Ruiz, Pavón, and Dombey in Peru and Chile (1777-1788) / by Hipólito Ruiz; with an epilogue and official documents added by Agustín Jesús Barreiro; translation by B.E. Dahlgren. 21 1940 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1940. url p. 308, p. 310, p. 313.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics, London, D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 234.
- Useful plants and drugs of Iran and Iraq / by David Hooper. With notes by Henry Field. 9 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 129, p. 232, p. 234, p. 240.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 427, p. 596, p. 602.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url .
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url p. 265, p. 272, p. 296, p. 58.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 37.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 04, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- ILDIS World Database of LegumesNov 10, 2005.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 28, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 21, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), The System-wide Information Network for Genetic Resources
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- SysTax, Nationaal Herbarium Nederland, Utrecht University branch
- SysTax, SysTax
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3874686
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-2778
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13626361
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:100009-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 20064
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 26750
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB220D0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: INSU2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 44055