Common Names in English:
Broad-Leaved Silver Holly, English Holly
Usually dioecious shrubs
. Leaves coriaceous
, often spinose
and shiny above; stipules caducous
. Flowers 4-5-merous, bisexual
with vestigial remains of either sex. Corolla rotate. Style absent or obsolete
, stigma lobed
. Drupe fleshy
, pyrenes 2-5, rarely more.
400 species, tropical and subtropical areas of both hemispheres. Represented in Pakistan by 2 species (excluding 1 cultivated species) .
Habit: Evergreen .
Flowers: White flowers. Blooms in mid-spring. Atrracts bees and butterflies. • Bloom Period: April, May. • Flower Color: near white, white
Foliage: Tiny, narrow, dark green, shallowly toothed , oval to ovate glossy evergreen . • Fall foliage: Green
Growth Rate: Slow to moderate. • Size: 8-10' tall.
Care: Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system . Feeding should be done in early spring or late autumn with a fertilizer formulated for acid-loving broad-leaved evergreens, such as cottonseed meal , rhododendron fertilizer, Miracid®, etc. If pruning becomes necessary, do it in early spring before new growth begins, trimming towards a symmetrical shape .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,303 meters (0 to 4,275 feet).
Culture: Space 15-20' apart.
Soil: Requires well-drained, slightly acid, fertile soil. • Minimum pH: 4.5 • Maximum pH: 6.0
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Moisture: Water Requirements: Keep the soil moist during the summer growing season , but allow it to dry somewhat in early fall to allow the new growth to mature enough to resist winter damage.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Ilex
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 299 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
I. ambigua (Carolina Holly) · I. ambigua f. channellii (Carolina Holly) · I. ambigua f. mollis (Carolina Holly) · I. ambigua f. montana (Carolina Holly) · I. amelanchier (Sarvis Holly) · I. anomala (Hawai'i Holly) · I. aquifolium (Broad-Leaved Silver Holly) · I. aquifolium f. albopicta (English Holly) · I. aquifolium f. aureopicta (English Holly) · I. aquifolium var. Siberia Limsi (Siberian English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Alaska' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Angustifolia' (Narrowleaf English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Argenteo-marginata' (Variegated English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Big Bull' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Campus Variegated' (Campus Variegated Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Ciliata Major' (Ciliata Major English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Crispa Aurea' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Ferox Argentea' (Silver Hedgehog English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Golden Milkboy' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Gold Coast' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Lichtenthalii' (Narrowleaf English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Lily Gold' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Monler' (Sparkler® English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Monvila' (Gold Coast® English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Moonlight' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Myrtifolia' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Northern Lights' (Holly 'northern Lights') · I. aquifolium 'Pendula' (Weeping Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Phantom Gold' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Pinto' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Silver Milkmaid' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Silver Queen' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Teufel's Zero' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Twenty Below' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Variegata' (English Holly) · I. aquifolium 'Yule Glow' (English Holly) · I. attenuata (Topal Holly) · I. attenuata f. buxtonica (Topel Holly) · I. attenuata 'Iabof' (Holly 'iabof') · I. cassine (Dahoon) · I. cassine f. glabra (Dahoon Holly) · I. cassine f. hirtella (Dahoon Holly) · I. cassine var. cassine (Dahoon) · I. cassine var. latifolia (Dahoon) · I. collina (Long-Stalked Holly) · I. cookii (Cook's Holly) · I. coriacea (Bay-Gail Holly) · I. cornuta (Chinese Holly) · I. cornuta x latifolia (Holly) · I. cornuta 'Berries Jubilee' (Berries Jubilee Holly) · I. cornuta 'Burfordii' (Burford Holly) · I. cornuta 'Burfordii Nana' (Dwarf Burford Holly) · I. cornuta 'Carissa' (Carissa Holly) · I. cornuta 'Carolina Sentinel' (Holly) · I. cornuta 'Dazzler' (Chinese Holly) · I. cornuta 'Dwarf Burford' (Dwarf Burford Chinese Holly) · I. cornuta 'National' (National Holly) · I. cornuta 'Needlepoint' (Needlepoint Holly) · I. cornuta 'O'spring' (Chinese Holly) · I. cornuta 'Rotunda' (Dwarf Chinese Holly) · I. cornuta 'Sunrise' (Sunrise Variegated Chinese Holly) · I. cornuta 'Willowleaf' (Chinese Holly) · I. creanata'Sky Pencil' (Sky Pencil Holly) · I. crenata (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata f. multicrenata (Japanese Holly) · I. crenata var. convexa f. convexa (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata var. Excelsa Schwoebel (Upright Schwoebel Holly) · I. crenata 'Steeds' (Steeds Japanese Holly) · I. crenata 'Beehive' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Bennett's Compacta' (Bennett's Compact Holly) · I. crenata 'Chesapeake' (Chesapeake Holly) · I. crenata 'Dwarf Pagoda' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Glory' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Golden Gem' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Golden Heller' (Golden Heller's Japanese Holly) · I. crenata'Green Luster' (Green Luster Japanese Holly) · I. crenata 'Green Lustre' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Helleri' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Hoogendorn' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Ivory Tower' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Jersey Pinnacle' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Mariesii' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Nigra' (Nigra Japanese Holly) · I. crenata 'Northern Beauty' (Northern Beauty Japanese Holly) · I. crenata 'Rocky Creek' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Sentinel' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Skypencil' (Japanese Holly) · I. crenata 'Sky Pencil' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Snowflake' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Soft Touch' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. crenata 'Steed's Upright' (Japanese Holly) · I. crenata 'Variegata' (Box-Leaved Holly) · I. cuthbertii (Cuthbert's Holly) · I. cyrtura (Ilex) · I. decidua (Deciduous Holly) · I. decidua 'Council Fire' (Council Fire Deciduous Holly) · I. decidua 'Red Cascade' (Deciduous Holly) · I. decidua 'Red Escort' (Possum Haw Holly) · I. decidua 'Sentry' (Sentry Deciduous Holly) · I. decidua 'Warren's Red' (Deciduous Holly)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A dictionary of modern gardening. Philadelphia, Lea and Blanchard, 1847. url p. 294.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Prepared under the direction of Willis L. Moore, chief United States Weather Bureau. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 227.
- A handbook of systematic botany / by Dr. E. Warming with a revision of the fungi by Dr. E. Knoblauch, tr. and ed. by M. C. Potter. New York: Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 444.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 444.
- A history of British forest-trees, indigenous and introduced. London: J. van Voorst, 1842. url , p. 37.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 211.
- A manual of the timbers of the world: their characteristics and uses: to which is appended an account by S. Fitzgerald of the artificial seasoning of timber. London: Macmillan, 1920. url , , .
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 221.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 176, p. 33.
- A text-book of bacteriology, including the etiology and prevention of infective diseases, by Edgar M. Crookshank. London, H. K. Lewis, 1896. url .
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 606, p. 754.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 619.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url .
- A textbook of bacteriology: including the etiology and prevention of infective diseases and a short account of yeasts and moulds, haematoza, and psorosperms. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1897. url p. 580.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 40.
- Agricultural index. New York, H. W. Wilson Co. url p. 607.
- Agriculture, ancient and modern: a historical account of its principles and practice, exemplified in their rise, progress, and development. By Samuel Copland, the "Old Norfolk farmer" of the Mark Lane Express. . London, Virtue and company, 1866. url p. 271, p. 687.
- All about country life: being a dictionary of rural avocations, and of knowledge necessary to the management of the farm, the stable, the stockyard, and a gentleman's out of town residence and property. London: Ward, Lock, and Tyler, [189-?] url p. 170.
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 763.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url p. 53.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url .
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 1160, p. 1198, p. 902, p. 903, p. 978, p. 991.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 1198, p. 898, p. 901, p. 902, p. 903, p. 978, p. 991.
- An historical, topographical, and statistical view of the United States of America: from the earliest period to the present time / by the Rev. William Winterbotham and others. London: J. Ridgway, 1819. url p. 392.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co., 1900. url p. 1097.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 167.
- An illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths / by Edward Newman; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London [England]: W.H. Allen, [18--?] url p. 136.
- An introduction to botany, by John Lindley. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, & Longman, 1832. url p. 249, p. 98.
- An introduction to botany. 2d ed., with corrections and numerous additions. LondonLongman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman1835 url p. 120.
- An introduction to botany. By John Lindley. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1848. url p. 303.
- An introduction to historical plant geography, by E. V. Wulff. .. authorized translation by Elizabeth Brissenden. Foreword by Elmer D. Merrill. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1943. url p. 211.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, by F. E. Fritch and E. J. Salisbury. London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url p. 160, p. 431, p. 432, p. 434.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 118.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 158, p. 158, p. 168, p. 168, p. 187, p. 187, p. 234, p. 25.
- Andorra hand-book [of trees and shrubs] Philadelphia url p. 27.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 11 1893 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 138, p. 3.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 272.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 43.
- Arctic zoology. .. London: Printed by Henry Hughs, 1784-1785. url p. 26.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 47 - 51 1980 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 5.
- Beeton's Dictionary of everyday gardening. .. to which is added a monthly calendar of garden work throughout the year. London, Ward, Lock, 1909. url p. 210.
- Biltmore Nursery, Biltmorse, N.C. [North Carolina?: The Nursery?], c1912 url p. 184.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 116, p. 248.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 359, p. 421.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 230.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 223.
- British forest trees and their sylvicultural characteristics and treatment. LondonMacmillan1893 url p. 336.
- British husbandry; exhibiting the farming practice in various parts of the United Kingdom. LondonBaldwin and Cradock1840 url p. 52.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , p. 129, p. 136, p. 182.
- British trees / London: Hutchinson, 1907. url p. 2.
- British trees, with illustrations / by Stanhope Tollemache. London: S. Low, Marston, 1901. url p. 25.
- British-grown timber and timber trees: being a concise description of each species, together with notes as to their value for ornamental and economic planting, including an account of the soils suited to their cultivation, the uses to whic by Angus D. Webster. London: W. Rider & Son, 1916. url p. 78.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 142.
- Bulletin / Chicago Natural History Museum. [Chicago, Ill.]: The Museum, [1944-1966] url p. 7.
- Bulletin / Field Museum of Natural History. [Chicago]: The Museum, 1966-1972. url p. 8.
- Bulletin Harrisburg, Pa.: The Department: 1901-1923. url , .
- Bulletin de la Station Biologique d'Arcachon. Arcachon. url p. 19.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 105, p. 141, p. 158, p. 77.
- Burma, its people and productions; or, Notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of Tenasserim, Pegu, and Burma. Hertford: S. Austin, 1882-1883. url p. 576.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 235, p. 35.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Canadian trees worth knowing. Toronto, Musson url p. 144, p. 286.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 1007, p. 355, p. 429, p. 515, p. 908.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 1007, p. 429, p. 908.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 219.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 747.
- Chemistry in its application to agriculture and physiology. Cambridge, J. Owen; [etc., etc.]1843. url p. 51.
- Chemistry in its applications to agriculture and physiology. By Justus Liebig. .. Ed. from the manuscript of the author by Lyon Playfair. .. and William Gregory. New York, J. Wiley, 1854. url p. 23.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Clonal propagation of endangered native plants rhododendron chapmanii gray, taxus floridana nutt., and torreya taxifolia arn. / by Lee Roy Barnes Jr. 1985. url p. 9.
- Coloured figures of English fungi or mushrooms. London, Printed by J. Davis, 1797- url p. 308, p. 611.
- Come into the garden, New York, The Macmillan company, 1921. url p. 75.
- Come into the garden, by Grace Tabor. Illustrated with photographs. New York, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 75.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 213, p. 411, p. 470, p. 75, p. 77, p. 78, p. 79.
- Comparative morphology of Fungi, by Ernst Albert Gäumann. .. translated and revised by Carroll William Dodge. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1928. url p. 233, p. 684.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , , , , .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 5 1897-1901 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 492, p. 493, p. 674.
- Contributions to embryology. Washington, D.C. url p. 57.
- Contributions to horticultural literature; being a selection of articles written for gardening periodicals, and papers read before various societies from 1843 to 1892. In three parts. Waltham Cross, Herts., W. Paul & Son, 1892. url p. 207, p. 211.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 59.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 41.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 164.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 12, p. 797.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 141, p. 149, p. 151, p. 427, p. 79.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 800.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 698, p. 769.
- Elements of the science of botany, as established by Linnaeus; with examples to illustrate the classes and orders of his system. London, Printed by T. Bensley for J. Murray.1812. url p. 105.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 219.
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url , , .
- English wild flowers: to be found by the wayside, fields, hedgerows, rivers, moorlands, meadows, mountains, and sea-shore / by J.T. Burgess. London: F. Warne, [18--?] url p. 240, p. 54.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 122.
- Essay on the trees and shrubs of the ancients: being the substance of four lectures delivered before the University of Oxford, intended to be supplementary to those on Roman husbandry, already published. By C. Daubeny. .. Oxford and London: J. H. & J. Parker, 1865. url p. 13.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url .
- Eton nature-study and observational lessons, by Matthew Davenport Hill, . .. and Wilfred Mark Webb, . .. With a foreword by the Rev. Edmond Warre, . .. Part I-[II]. London, Duckworth & Co., 1903-1904. url p. 153, p. 171.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 245, p. 308.
- Familiar lectures on botany, explaining the structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the Linnaean and natural methods, with a flora for practical botanists. By Almira H. Lincoln. New York, F. J. Huntington, 1854. url p. 48.
- Familiar trees and their leaves / New York: D. Appleton, 1896. url .
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 91.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 145.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 678.
- Flora of Derbyshire: flowering plants, higher cryptogams, mosses and hepatics, Characeae. London, Bemrose & Sons Ltd., 1903. url p. 7.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1959 Chicago, [Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 14.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 24.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 53.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 387, p. 412, p. 438.
- Flora's dictionary / by a lady. Baltimore: Published by Fielding Lucas Jr., 1832. url , .
- Florula cestrica: an essay towards a catalogue of the phænogamous plants, native and naturalized, growing in the vicinity of the borough of West-Chester, in Chester County, Pennsylvania; to which is subjoined an appen by William Darlington. West-Chester, Penn.: Printed for the author by S. Siegfried, 1826. url .
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 408.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 538.
- Forestry for woodmen / by C. O. Hanson. Oxford: At the Clarendon press, 1911. url p. 154.
- Forestry quarterly. Ithaca, N.Y. [etc.] url p. 277, p. 465.
- Fritz Bahr's commercial floriculture; a practical manual for the retail grower, by Fritz Bahr. .. with two hundred and eighty-eight illustrations. New York, The A. T. De la Mare company, inc.[c1922] url p. 408.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 46, p. 93.
- Gardening for amateurs; a simple, complete, and practical guide for garden lovers, edited by H. H. Thomas. Illustrated by twenty-four coloured plates and many hundreds of photographs and sketches. New York: Funk and Wagnalls company,  url p. 898.
- Gardens past & present. By K.L. Davidson. .. Illustrated from photographs by F. Mason Good. London, T.W. Laurie url p. 227.
- Genesis and development of sand formations on marine coasts, Rock Island, Ill., Augustana Book Concern, Printers, 1910. url .
- Gilpin's forest scenery; London, J. Nisbet, 1887. url .
- Gray's Botanical text-book New York, Ivison, 1879-1885. url p. 146.
- Gray's Botanical text-book. New York: American Book Company, c1879. url p. 146.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 50, p. 869.
- Growth in living systems; proceedings. Edited by M.X. Zarrow assisted by Harry Beevers [and others]. New York, Basic Books url p. 598.
- Guide for laboratory practice in plant morphology, [Ithaca, N. Y.]Pub. by the Author, 1894. url .
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url p. 293.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 14, p. 191, p. 29, p. 40, p. 42, p. 82.
- Hardy ornamental flowering trees and shrubs / by A. D. Webster. London: Smith, Elder, 1908. url p. 93.
- Harmonia ruralis, or, An essay towards a natural history of British song birds: illustrated with figures the size of life, of the birds, male and female, in their most natural attitudes. .. / faithfully drawn, engraved, and coloured. .. by James Bolton. London: Printed and sold by the author. ..; 1794-1796. url p. 24.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 4031.
- Hedges and evergreens. New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 273, p. 274.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants. By Peter Henderson. New York: P. Henderson & Co., 1881. url p. 293.
- History and antiquities of Charnwood forest: with an appendix on the geology, botany & ornithology of the district. .. London: Hamilton, 1842. url p. 40.
- History of vegetable substances used in the arts, in domestic economy, and for the food of man. Boston: Lilly, Wait, Colman and Holden, 1833. url p. 157, p. 158.
- Holly, yew & box, with notes on other evergreens, by W. Dallimore, and 175 illustrations. The descriptions of the varieties of the common holly are based on the monograph by Thomas Moore. London, John Lane company, 1908. url .
- How to make a country place; an account of the successes and the mistakes of an amateur in thirty-five years of farming, building and development: together with a practical plan for securing a home and an independent income, star New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1914. url p. 369.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 128, p. 6, p. 6.
- Illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London, Glaisher, pref. 1869. url p. 136.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W. H. Fitch, and W. G. Smith, forming an illustrated companion to Mr. Bentham's Handbook and other British floras. London, L. Reeve & co., 1880. url p. 324.
- Insect transformations. Boston, Lilly & Wait, 1831. url .
- Insect transformations. London: Charles Knight, Pall Mall East; Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, & Green, Paternoster Row; Oliver & Body, Edinburgh; T. Atkinson, Glasgow; Wakeman, Dublin; Willmer, Liverpool; & Baines & Co., Leeds, 1830 url p. 189.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 92.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 323, p. 324, p. 366, p. 40.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 179, p. 541, p. 897, p. 898.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 3 1865 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 208, p. 84.
- Journal of conchology. London: D. Bogue. url p. 354.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 8-9 1988-1989 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 106.
- Journal of genetics. Cambridge: University Press, 1910-1977. url p. 152.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 155.
- Kalm's account of his visit to England: on his way to America in 1748 / London; Macmillan, 1892. url .
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 311.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 193.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 193.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 46.
- List of rare, threatened and endemic plants in Europe (1982 edition) Council of Europe url p. 28, p. 33, p. 51, p. 52, p. 53, p. 55.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 120.
- Making the grounds attractive with shrubbery, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1912. url p. 38.
- Manual of plant diseases, Wilkes-Barré, Pa., The Record press, c1914-22 url p. 678.
- Manures for fruit and other trees, a practical handbook for the gardener, horticulturist and student. London, Robert Sutton, 1908. url .
- Martin's Natural history / Translated from the thirty-fifth German edition, by Sarah A. Myers; containing two hundred and sixty-two beautifully colored illustrations; First [and second] series. New York: Phinney, Blakeman & Mason, 1861- url p. 249.
- Matson and Roth family history, a love of ships, horses and gardens: and related material, Lurline Matson Roth; tape recorded interview conducted by Suzanne B. Riess in 1980-1981. Regional Oral History Office, The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley, California, 1982: url p. 211.
- Memoirs of the Literary and Philosophical Society of Manchester. Manchester: The Society, 1785-1879. url p. 129, p. 180.
- Miscellaneous tracts relating to natural history, husbandry, and physick. To which is added The calendar of flora. London: R. and J. Dodsley, S. Baker, and T. Payne, 1762. url p. 298, p. 314.
- Monograph of the British aphides. .. By George Bowdler Buckton. .. London, Printed for the Ray Society, 1876-83. url p. 75.
- Monthly lectures delivered at School of Horticulture by various specialists during 1892-1893. Melbourne: Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria,  url .
- Monthly microscopical journal: transactions of the Royal Microscopical Society, and record of histological research at home and abroad. London, R. Hardwicke, 1869-1877. url p. 22.
- Mémoires. Bruxelles, The Society. url p. 154, p. 221.
- Natural history of insects: comprising their architecture, transformations, senses, food, habits--collection, preservation and arrangement. Boston: Lilly, Wait, Colman, and Holden, 1833. url p. 189.
- Natural science: a monthly review of scientific progress. London [etc.]: Macmillan and Company [etc.], [1892-1899] url p. 496.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 11.
- North American trees (exclusive of Mexico and tropical United States) A handbook designed for field use, with plates and distribution maps. Ames, Iowa State University Press url p. 291, p. 388.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 139.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 616.
- Organic chemistry in its applications to agriculture and physiology by Justus Liebig; edited from the manuscript of the author by Lyon Playfair. London: Printed for Taylor and Walton, 1840 url p. 29.
- Our woodland trees / London: Sampson Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1878. url , , , .
- Outlines of creation. By Elisha Noyce. .. London, Ward & Lock, 1858. url p. 197.
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 36.
- Pages from a garden note-book, New York, Scribner, 1921. url p. 157.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 30.
- Parks: a manual of municipal and county parks compiled as a result of a nation-wide study of municipal and county parks conducted by the Playground and Recreation Association of America, in co-operation with edited by L.H. Weir. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co., 1928. url p. 682, p. 691, p. 692.
- Pennsylvania trees / by J.S. Illick. Harrisburg., Pa.: W. S. Ray, State Printer, 1915. url p. 227.
- Philosophical magazine. London: Taylor & Francis. url p. 289.
- Philosophical notes on botanical subjects. London, Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1892. url .
- Photosynthesis [by] Robert Hill and C.P. Whittingham. London, Methuen; url p. 4.
- Photosynthesis and related processes, by Eugene I. Rabinowitch. .. New York, N.Y., Interscience Publishers, inc., 1945- url p. 33.
- Physiological botany; I. Outlines of the histology of phaenogamous plants; II. Vegetable physiology. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, [c1885] url p. 146.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 109, p. 296.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 124, p. 34, p. 46, p. 51, p. 54.
- Plant culture; a working hand-book of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, by George W. Oliver. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., c1912. url , , p. 246, p. 246, p. 247, p. 247.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., 1900. url p. 158, p. 159.
- Plant health care for woody ornamentals: a professional's guide to preventing and managing environmental stresses and pests / [Urbana, Ill.]: Cooperative Extension Service, College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, c1997. url p. 192, p. 195.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 131, p. 186, p. 421, p. 90, p. 93.
- Plants, their natural growth and ornamental treatment, Belfast, Marcus Ward & Co., 1874. url .
- Poisonous plants of the Midwest / [Urbana]: Dept. of Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois, 1983. url p. 17.
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 56, p. 86, p. 86.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 246, p. 246, p. 298, p. 298, p. 301, p. 301.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url p. 128.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. 75, p. xxiii.
- Practical foresty; a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. LondonW. Rider[pref.1917] url p. 84.
- Practical hints on planting ornamental trees, with particular reference to coniferae... by Standish and Noble. London, Bradbury and Evans, 1852. url p. 154, p. 188.
- Practical plant physiology: an introduction to original research for students and teachers of natural science, medicine, agriculture and forestry / by W. Detmer; translated from the 2nd German edition by S.A. Moor. London: Macmillan, 1898. url p. 108.
- Prehistoric Europe: a geological sketch / London: Edward Stanford, 1881. url p. 578.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 100.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , p. 115, p. 18, p. 46.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 1014.
- Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Mathematical and physical sciences. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society. url p. 100.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 325, p. 90.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 185.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 111.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 250, p. 434, p. 568, p. 705, p. 718, p. 725, p. 727, p. 743, p. 759, p. 76, p. 9.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 67.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 42, p. 60.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 430, p. 441.
- Proceedings. Toronto. url p. 43.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 196.
- Pruning evergreens and deciduous trees and shrubs / Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Cooperative Extension Service, 1971. url p. 48.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. London, J. and A. Churchill [etc.] url p. 319.
- Rambles of a naturalist round Folkestone: with occasional papers on the fauna and flora of the district, to which are added lists of plants, lepidoptera, birds, and land and freshwater shells / by Henry Ullyett. Folkestone: J. English, 1880. url p. 131.
- Range plant handbook. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1937. url .
- Reise durch einige der mittlern und su?dlichen Vereinigten Nordamerikanischen Staaten, nach Ost-Florida und den Bahama Inseln unternommen in den jahren 1783 und 1784, von Johann David Scho?pf. .. Cincinnati, J.U. & C.G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 27.
- Report on the forests of North America (exclusive of Mexico) / by Charles S. Sargent. Washington [D.C.]: G.P.O., 1884. url p. 229.
- Report upon forestry. From the committee appointed to memorialize Congress and the state legislatures, regarding the cultivation of timber and the preservation of forests, prepared under the direction of the Commissioner of Agriculture in pursuance of an Act of Congress approved August l5, 1876, by Franklin B. Hough. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1878. url p. 182.
- Reports and papers on botany. London: Printed for the Ray society, 1846-49. url p. 325.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 307.
- Researches on Fungi. .. by A. H. Reginald Buller. .. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green and co., 1909- url p. 145, p. 489.
- Riviera nature notes / a popular account of the more striking plants and animals of the Riviera and the Maritime Alps. London: Bernard Quaritch, 1903. url p. 180.
- Rochester and district; a sketch-guide to its geology, flora, & fauna, compiled by J. Hepworth. Rochester, Parrett & Neves, 1913. url p. 17.
- Science and practice in farm cultivation. By James Buckman. London, R. Hardwicke, 1865. url p. 222.
- Science progress. London: Scientific Press, [1894-1898] url .
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 269.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 614.
- Seaside planting of trees and shrubs. By Alfred Gaut, F.R.H.S. Illustrated from photographs by Frank Sutcliffe. London, C. Scribner's sons, 1907. url p. 84.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalization, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. Detroit, Mich., G.S. Davis, 1884. url p. 196.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 177.
- Shade and ornamental trees of California, by Merritt B. Pratt, state forester. Sacramento?1922? url p. 78, p. 78.
- Shade gardens / by Oliver E. Allen and the editors of Time-Life Books. Alexandria, Va.: Time-Life Books, c1979. url p. 119.
- Smithsonian year. 1976 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965-1976. url p. 485.
- Soil conditions and plant growth, by Edward J. Russell. .. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green & co., 1921. url p. 222.
- Soil conditions and plant growth. LondonLongmans, Green1921 url p. 222.
- Some recent researches in plant physiology. By W. R. G. Atkins. London, Whittaker & co., 1916. url p. 101, p. 162, p. 164, p. 192, p. 195, p. 197, p. 209.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 267, p. 267.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 202.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 655, p. 656.
- Supplement to the arctic zoology London: Printed by Henry Hughs, 1787. url .
- Sylva Telluriana. Mantis synopt. New genera and species of trees and shrubs of North America, and other regions of the earth, omitted or mistaken by the botanical authors and compilers, or not properly classified, now By C.S. Rafinesque. Being a supplement to the Flora Telluriana. Philadelphia, Printed for the author and publisher, 1838. url p. 44.
- Sylva telluriana. Mantis synopt. New genera and species of trees and shrubs of North America, and other regions of the earth, omitted or mistaken by the botanical authors and compilers, or not properly classified, now By C. S. Rafinesque. Being a supplement to the Flora telluriana. Philadelphia, Printed for the author and publisher, 1838. url p. 44.
- Sylva telluriana. Mantis. synopt. New genera and species of trees and shrubs of North America, and other regions of the earth, omitted or mistaken by the botanical authors and compilers, or not properly classified, no PhiladelphiaPrinted for the author and publisher1838 url p. 44.
- Sylvan sketches; or, A companion to the park and the shrubbery: with illustrations from the works of the poets. By the author of the Flora domestica... London: Whittaker, Treacher and co., 1831. url p. 164.
- Sylvan winter. London, K.P. Trench, 1886. url p. 209.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 215, p. 226, p. 33, p. 503.
- Technical mycology; the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures. A practical handbook on fermentation and fermentative processes, for the use of brewers and distillers, analysts, technical and agricultural chemists, pharmacists, and all interested in the industries London, C. Griffin and company, limited, 1898-1910. url p. 279, p. 280, p. 720.
- Text-book of bacteriology, by Carl Fraenkel. New York, William Wood and company, 1891. url p. 580.
- Text-book of botany, morphological and physiological. Oxford, Clarendon press, 1882. url p. 651.
- Text-book of botany: morphological and physiological / by Julius Sachs; edited with an appendix, by Sydney H. Vines Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1883. url p. 651.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1808.
- The American entomologist. St. Louis: R.P. Studley & Co., 1868-1870. url p. 284.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia and dictionary of rural affairs: embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry / adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 628.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 628.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 628.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1122.
- The American handbook of ornamental trees By Thomas Meehan Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo, and co., 1853 url p. 247, p. 247.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 157, p. 349.
- The American journal of science, & c. New York: J. Eastburn and Co., 1818-1819. url p. 247.
- The American journal of science. 24 1833 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 157, p. 349.
- The American woods: exhibited by actual specimens and with copious explanatory text / by Romeyn B. Hough Lowville, N.Y.: Pub. and sections prepared by the author, url p. 14.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 299, p. 299, p. 331, p. 47, p. 47, p. 47, p. 72, p. 76.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 127, p. 127, p. 179, p. 37, p. 41, p. 58, p. 58.
- The Bermuda islands: an account of their scenery, climate, productions, physiography, natural history and geology, with sketches of their discovery and early history, and the changes in their flora and fauna due to man; with 38 plates and over 250 cuts in the text / by Addison E. Verrill. New Haven, Conn.: The author, 1902. url p. 519.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 463, p. 526, p. 780.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 766, p. 838.
- The British flora medica, or, History of the medicinal plants of Great Britain / by Benjamin H. Barton, and Thomas Castle. London: E. Cox, 1838. url , , p. 504.
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Calif.: F.A. Miller & Co., 1870- url p. 76.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 357.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 23, p. 342, p. 529, p. 728.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 189, p. 212.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 508.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 94.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 184, p. 250, p. 287, p. 42, p. 70, p. 80.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 143, p. 305, p. 52.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 15, p. 370.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 128, p. 26, p. 27, p. 97.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 1024, p. 1211, p. 1559, p. 444, p. 459, p. 510, p. 525, p. 607, p. 653, p. 700, p. 733, p. 747, p. 837, p. 940, p. 947.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url , .
- The Garden flowers of the year. LondonReligious Tract Society[1847?] url p. 191.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 156, p. 17, p. 18, p. 220, p. 269, p. 37, p. 396, p. 439, p. 44, p. 637, p. 68, p. 9.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 347.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 125, p. 131, p. 184, p. 19, p. 201, p. 232, p. 240, p. 272, p. 289, p. 29, p. 354, p. 377, p. 401, p. 415, p. 432, p. 433, p. 519, p. 525, p. 585, p. 588, p. 607, p. 748.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 116.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 40 1980 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url welsh, page 38, p. 39.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luthur Tucker, 1846/1847-1875 url p. 151, p. 165.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 60.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 187, p. 299, p. 416, p. 478.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 25 1890 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 11, p. 226, p. 467, p. 539.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 103, p. 353, p. 53.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 293.
- The North American sylva, or A description of the forest trees of the United States, Canada and Nova Scotia. .. to which is added a description of the most useful of the European forest trees. .. Tr. from the French of F. Andrew Michaux. Paris, Printed by C. D'Hautel, 1819. url p. 159.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 114.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 193.
- The Pliocene floras of the Dutch-Prussian border, 's-Gravenhage, M. Nijhoff, 1915. url .
- The Popular educator: a complete encyclopaedia of elementary, advanced and technical education. London, Cassell url p. 402.
- The Romance of wild flowers: a companion to the British flora / by Edward Step. London; Warne, 1899. url p. 168.
- The Scientific monthly. Washington [etc.]American Association for the Advancement of Science [etc.] url p. 162.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url , , , , , , , , , , , p. 183, p. 229, p. 382, p. 387, p. 445, p. 449, p. 450, p. 453, p. 455, p. 461, p. 51, p. 61.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 23, p. 275, p. 87.
- The Shakespeare garden, New YorkThe Century co.1922 url p. 331, p. 353.
- The Shakespeare garden, by Esther Singleton, with numerous illustrations from photographs and reproductions of old wood cuts. New York: Century, 1922. url p. 331, p. 331, p. 353, p. 353.
- The Universal herbal; or, Botanical, medical, and agricultural dictionary; containing an account of all the known plants in the world, arranged according to the Linnean system. Specifying the uses to which they are or may be applied, whether as food, as medicine, or in the a London, Caxton Press url p. 308, p. 310.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 36 1954 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 1201.
- The Victoria history of the county of Derby / edited by William Page. London[Constable]1905- url p. 40.
- The art & craft of garden making / Thomas H. Mawson. London: B.T. Batsford;  url p. 301.
- The art of beautifying suburban home grounds of small extent. New York, D. Appleton & company, 1873. url p. 582.
- The blossom circle of the year in southern gardens, New York, N.Y., A. T. De La Mare company, inc., 1922. url p. 199.
- The book of garden management: Comprising information on laying out and planting gardens... London: S.O. Beeton, [1862?] url p. 729.
- The book of shrubs, by George Gordon. London andJ. Lane, 1903. url .
- The book of shrubs. London, J. Lane, 1903 url .
- The book of the landed estate, containing directions for the management and development of the resources of landed property. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1869. url p. 382.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 148.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 124.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 489.
- The botany of the Eastern Borders: with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them / by George Johnston. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 321.
- The care of trees in lawn, street and park. With a list of trees and shrubs for decorative use. New YorkHolt1910 url p. 287.
- The classes and orders of the Linnaean system of botany: Illustrated by select specimens of foreign and indigenous plants. London: Printed by T. Bensley for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1816. url p. 69.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 320, p. 320, p. 335, p. 335, p. 340, p. 340.
- The complete illustrated book of garden magic. Chicago, J.G. Ferguson Pub. Co. url p. 109, p. 393, p. 88.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 246, p. 439.
- The development of British forestry. LondonE. Arnold1910 url p. 120.
- The dictionary of science and technical terms used in philosophy, literature, professions, commerce, arts, and trades / by W.M. Buchanan; with supplement edited by James A. Smith. London: G.Bell and Sons, 1884. url p. 40.
- The different forms of flowers on plants of the same species. New York, D. Appleton, 1903. url , .
- The elements of forestry designed to afford information concerning the planting and care of forest trees for ornament or profit and giving suggestions upon the creation and care of woodlands with the CincinnatiR. Clarke1882 url p. 366.
- The elements of forestry, designed to afford information concerning the planting and care of forest trees for ornament or profit and giving suggestions upon the creation and care of woodlands with the view of securing the grea Cincinnati, R. Clarke, 1882. url p. 366.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 124.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 41.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 41.
- The florist cultivator, or, Plain directions for the management of the principal florist flowers, shrubs, etc. etc.: adapted to the flower-garden, shrubbery, and greenhouse: with select lists of the finest roses, geraniums, carnations, pinks, auriculas, polyanthuses, tulips, dahlias, heartsease, &c &c.. .. / by Thomas Willats. London: J. Ridgeway, 1836. url p. 283.
- The florist, fruitist, and garden miscellany. London: Chapman and Hall, 1852- url p. 348.
- The flower garden; or, Breck's book of flowers; in which are described all the various hardy herbaceous perennials, annuals, shrubby plants, and evergreen trees, desirable for ornamental purposes, with directions for t by Joseph Breck. New York: A. O. Moore, 1859. url p. 241.
- The flowering plants of Western India. London, W. H. Allen url p. 56.
- The flowering process. New York, Macmillan, 1963. url p. 207.
- The forest trees of Britain. London, S.P.C.K.[n.d.] url p. 194.
- The forester: a practical treatise on the planting and tending of forest trees and the general management of woodland estates / Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1894. url p. 84.
- The gallery of nature and art; or, A tour through creation and science, LondonR. Wilks1818 url p. 225.
- The geography of plants / by M. E. Hardy. Oxford: Clarendon press, 1920. url p. 325.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany. London: Hatchards, 1878. url p. 355.
- The illustrated dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists. Ed. by George Nicholson. Assisted by Professor J. W. H. Trail and J. Garrett. London: L. U. Gill, -89. url p. 174, p. 175, p. 176.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 45.
- The language of flowers: or, Floral emblems of thoughts, feelings, and sentiments. .. London, G. Routledge and sons, 1869. url .
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 510.
- The microscopic miscellany; being selections from the Microscopic journal, containing the most recent facts, and important discoveries in human and comparative anatomy, zoology, botany, etc. developed by British and foreign microscopical observers, ed. by Daniel Cooper. London, 1847. url p. 146.
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 46.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 46.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 247, p. 272, p. 368.
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 263.
- The origin of the British flora / London: Dulau, 1899. url , , .
- The origin of the British flora. LondonDulau1899 url p. 72, p. 95.
- The principal species of wood: their characteristic properties. By Charles Henry Snow. New York: J. Wiley & Sons; [etc., etc.], [c1908], 1910. url p. 109.
- The slugs of Ireland / by R.F. Scharff. Dublin: Royal Dublin Society; 1891. url p. 523.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1182, p. 195.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url .
- The timbers of commerce and their identification, London, W. Rider & son, limited, 1918. url , , .
- The trees of America: native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described...illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York: Harper & brothers, 1851. url p. 159, p. 161, p. 162, p. 164, p. 166.
- The trees of America; native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described, illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York, Harper & brothers, 1857. url , p. 159, p. 161, p. 164.
- The trees of Great Britain & Ireland / by Henry John Elwes and Augustine Henry. Edinburgh: Priv. print., 1906-13. url p. 1704.
- The variation of animals and plants under domestication, by Charles Darwin. London, J. Murray, 1893. url p. 462.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 597.
- The window gardener / by Edward S. Rand, Jr. Boston: Houghton, Mifflin, 1882, c1876. url p. 151.
- Timber. LondonConstable1908 url p. 342.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 196.
- Transactions and journal of proceedings / Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History & Antiquarian Society. Dumfries: Council of the Society, url p. 381.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 506.
- Transactions of the American Institute of the City of New-York. [S.l.: s.n.], 1852- url p. 400.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 226.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 931, p. 931, p. 931.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url .
- Transactions of the Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland. Edinburgh: [The Society], 1845- url p. 197.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. 14 1825 London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 297.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 127, p. 46.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 143, p. 168, p. 45.
- Transpiration and the ascent of sap in plants. London, Macmillan, 1914. url p. 112, p. 114, p. 177, p. 182, p. 186, p. 187, p. 193, p. 200, p. 60, p. 61, p. 62.
- Travels into North America: containing its natural history, and a circumstantial account of its plantations and agriculture in general, with the civil, ecclesiastical and commercial state of the country, the manners of the inhab by Peter Kalm; translated into English by John Reinhold Forster. Warrington: W. Eyres, 1770-1771. url , .
- Trees & shrubs for English gardens. [London]"Country life", 1908. url p. 375.
- Trees and shrubs of Central Park, New York, Manhattan press[c1903] url .
- Trees and shrubs of Central Park, by Louis Harman Peet. New York, Manhattan press, [c1903] url p. 167.
- Trees and shrubs of Prospect Park. American Printing House[c1902] url p. 4, p. 40.
- Trees and shrubs of Prospect park, New York, The Greenwich printing company[c1906] url p. 40.
- Trees and shrubs of the British Isles; native and acclimatised, LondonDent1909 url , p. 9.
- Trees and their life histories. Illustrated from photographs by Henry Irving. LondonCassell1909 url p. 305.
- Trees worth knowing / by Julia Ellen Rogers. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 144, p. 286.
- Trees, shrubs and vines of the northeastern United States. .. together with an account of the principal foreign hardy trees, shrubs and vines cultivated in our country, and found in Central Park, New York City by H.E. Parkhurst. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1903. url p. 362, p. 440.
- Trees: the yearbook of agriculture 1949. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture: 1949. url p. 819, p. 822.
- Trees: the yearbook of agriculture, 1949 / the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: United States Government Printing Office, 1949 url p. 819, p. 822, p. 927.
- U.S. gardening guide: everything you need to know about how to make things grow / compiled by Jeffery Feinman. New York: Simon and Schuster, c1979. url p. 214.
- Useful and ornamental planting: with an index/ published under the superintendence of the Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. London, Baldwin and Cradock, 1832. url p. 52.
- Vegetable teratology, an account of the principal deviations from the usual construction of plants, Maxwell T. Masters. .. With numerous illus. by E. M. Williams. London, Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 21.
- Villa gardening: a handbook for amateur and practical gardeners / by Edward Hobday. London; MacMillan, 1887. url p. 17.
- Water in the physiology of plants, by A. S. Crafts, H. B. Currier and C. R. Stocking. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1949. url p. 236.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms: a pocket guide to British wild-flowers for the country rambler / by Edward Step. London; F. Warne, 1895. url .
- Webster's practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. By A.D. Webster. .. London, W. Rider & Son, Limited[pref. 1905] url p. 78, p. 91.
- Wild fruits of the country-side, figured and described by F. Edward Hulme. London: Hutchinson, 1902. url p. 156, p. 255.
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 39.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed May 2, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 15, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 29 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 28, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 15, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Marine Science Institute, UCSB, Paleobiology Database
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- NLBIF, Limnodata
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- SysTax, Justus-Liebig-Universitat Giessen
- SysTax, Museu Botanico Municipal
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2667597
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-503154
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5304283
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:83052-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 19666
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 503154
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 53753-3
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDAQU01040
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ILAQ80
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 42444
- "Ilex". in Flora of Pakistan Page 1. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 118.450 meters (388.615 feet), Standard Deviation = 295.050 based on 805 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]