Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Common Names in Bengali, Bangla:
Common Names in Chinese:
Common Names in English:
'awapuhi-Ke'oke'o, Butterfly Ginger, Butterfly Ginger Lily, Butterfly Lily, Butterfly-Ginger, Butterfly-Lily, Cinnamon-Jasmine, Garland Flower, Garland Lily, Garland-Flower, Ginger Lily, Ginger-Lily, Gingerlily, Whi, White Garland-Lily, White Ginger, White ginger lily, White Ginger-Lily, White-Ginger
Common Names in Esperanto:
Common Names in Hawaiian:
Common Names in Malayalam:
Common Names in Persian (Farsi):
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Lírio do brejo
Common Names in Sundanese:
Common Names in Tonga (Tonga Islands):
Pseudostems well -developed, 1--3 m.
of pseudostem, dense, conelike [lax
]; bracts of main axis crowded [not crowded], [2.5--]4--6[--7] cm, ovate
to lanceolate [or almost circular]; cincinni sessile, [1--]2--3[--6]-flowered, enclosed in bracts; bracteoles small, inconspicuous, hidden by bracts. Flowers: calyx cylindric
, 3-toothed or -lobed, split down
one side [not split]; corolla tube
linear, tubular-incurved, enclosing style; anther
long-exserted, not spurred
staminodes large, petal-like, lip oblong
, 2-lobed. Fruits capsule, globose
Species ca. 50: introduced ; North America, Mexico, West Indies, Central America, South America, Australia; native , Asia and Madagascar.
Species Hedychium coronarium
or narrowly elliptic
, 28--48 ´ 4--7
cm. Inflorescences erect
, 15--19 ´ 12--17 cm; bracts of main
axis green; proximal
, 4--5.5 ´ 2--4.5
cm, apex obtuse
; distal bracts lance-oblong or ovate,
4--6 ´ 1--2.5 cm, apex rounded
or apiculate. Flowers: perianth
and staminodes white. [source]
Naturalized populations have been reported several times from southern Louisiana, but the specimens I have seen are sterile and cannot be identified with certainty. There is also an old report from near Brunswick, Georgia (J. K . Small 1933, unpublished ms .), but I have seen no specimens from the state. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: May, June, July, August, September, October. • Flower Color: near white, white
Size: 4-6' tall.
Swamps , shores of lakes and streams ; 0--50 m. Introduced .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,028 meters (0 to 9,934 feet).
Culture: Space 18-24" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 6.1 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Light Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Grisebach, 1854
- Martinov, 1820, nom. cons.
- Subfamily: Zingiberoideae ()
- Family: Zingiberaceae () - Martinov, 1820, nom. cons.
- Order: Zingiberales () - Grisebach, 1854
- Superorder: Lilianae () - Takhtajan, 1967 - Monocots
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 21-Jun-2005
Members of the genus Hedychium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 27 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
H. aurantiacum (Ginger Lily) · H. coccineum (Orange Bottlebrush Ginger) · H. coccineum 'Tara' (Orange Bottlebrush Ginger) · H. coronarium ('awapuhi-Ke'oke'o) · H. cylindricum (Butterfly Ginger) · H. densiflorum 'Assam Orange' (Hardy Ginger Lily) · H. densiflorum 'Stephen' (Hardy Ginger Lily) · H. ellipticum (Hedychium) · H. flavescens (Awapuhi Melemele) · H. forrestii (Ginger Lily) · H. gardnerianum (Kahila Garland-Lily) · H. gardnerianum 'Kahili Fiesta' (Kahili Ginger) · H. greenii (Red Butterfly Ginger) · H. spicatum (Spiked Ginger Lily) · H. thyrsiforme (Frilly White Ginger) · H. x kewense (Butterfly Ginger) · H. × moorei 'Tara' (Ginger Lily 'tara') · H. 'Anne S. Bishop' (Flowering Ginger) · H. 'Ayo' (Hardy Ginger) · H. 'Beni-Oiran' (Ginger) · H. 'Dr. Moy' (Hardy Ginger Lily) · H. 'Elizabeth' (Hardy Ginger Lily) · H. 'Hawaiian Pink' (Hedychium Hybrid) · H. 'Kinkaku' (Butterfly Ginger) · H. 'Luna Moth' (Hedychium Hybrid) · H. 'Pink Flame' (Hedychium Hybrid) · H. 'Pink V' (Hedychium Hybrid)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 120, p. 120.
- A biochemic basis for the study of problems of taxonomy, heredity, evolution, etc., with especial reference to the starches and tissues of parent-stocks and hybrid-stocks and the starches and hemoglobins of varieties, species, and genera. By Edward Tyson Reichert. .. Washington, D.C.: Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1919. url p. 8.
- A botany for India, by P. F. Fyson. London, The Christian Literature Society for Indian (Madras Branch)1912. url p. 399.
- A breath from the veldt, London, H. Sotheran and co., 1899. url .
- A companion to Blackie's tropical readers, books I and II: containing suggestions for experiemnts and practical work / by E.J. Wortley. Glasgow; Blackie, 1911. url p. 96.
- A contribution to the flora of Honduras, by T. G. Yuncker. 17 1938 Chicago, 1938. url p. 324.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 202.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 49, p. 50.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 462, p. 653.
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url .
- A manual of the Nílagiri district in the Madras Presidency. Compiled and edited by H. B. Grigg. Madras, Printed by E. Keys at the Government Press, 1880. url p. 103.
- A naturalist in Brazil; the record of a year's observation of her flora, her fauna, and her people, by Konrad Guenther. .. translated by Bernard Miall. .. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1931. url p. 376.
- A naturalist's wanderings in the Eastern archipelago; a narrative of travel and exploration from 1878 to 1883, New York, Harper, 1885. url .
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- About trees, shrubs, and climbing plants for South Africa; concise hints on the making of farm plantations, shrubberies. .. Maritzburg, 1919. url p. 103.
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 420, p. 438.
- An annotated catalogue of types of the University of Illinois mycological collections (ILL) / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1997. url p. 257.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 376.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 241.
- An enumeration of the vascular plants known from Surinam: together with their distribution and synonymy / by A. Pulle. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1906. url p. 105, p. 526.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organization, natural affinities, and geographical distribution of the whole vegetable kingdom; together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the arts, By John Lindley. New York, G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 376.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 119.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 105, p. 86.
- Annals of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya. Colombo: Skien; 1901-1924. url p. 206.
- Arcana entomologica, or, Illustrations of new, rare, and interesting insects / by J.O. Westwood. London: William Smith, 1845 [i.e. 1841-1845] url p. 69.
- Arcana entomologica; or, Illustrations of new, rare, and interesting insects. By J. O. Westwood. London, William Smith, 113, Fleet Street, 1845. url p. 69.
- Archivos. Rio de JaneiroImprensa Nacional url p. 138, p. 153, p. 269, p. 294.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 2 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 1039.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 26 1978 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 180.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url , p. 120, p. 241.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 394.
- Bulletin of entomological research. Farnham Royal: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux. url p. 276, p. 421.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1914 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url , , , p. 104, p. 165, p. 175, p. 211, p. 31, p. 345, p. 346, p. 368, p. 372, p. 373, p. 374, p. 375, p. 376, p. 398, p. 446, p. 56, p. iii.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 390.
- Bulletin of the Natural History Museum. London: The Natural History Museum, c1993-2002. url p. 124, p. 128.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 45 1918 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 121, p. 161, p. 3, p. 4, p. 409, p. 5.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url , , p. 7, p. 7, p. 787, p. 8.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 161.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 45 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 122, p. 158, p. 181, p. 403, p. 404, p. 409, p. 436, p. 481, p. 537.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 1125.
- Cotton and other vegetable fibres: their production and utilization, by Ernest Goulding. London:Murray, 1919. url p. 237.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 19 1804 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url , , p. 145, p. 17, p. 17, p. 42, p. 45, p. 5, p. 85.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 628.
- Edwards, S. T. The Botanical register: consisting of coloured figures of. .. 9 1823 London: Printed for James Ridgway, 1815-1828. url , , .
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 223, p. 519.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 289.
- Field, forest and garden botany: a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book, c1895. url p. 411.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 411.
- Flora Indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants / by the late William Roxburgh. Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 13.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 197, p. 201.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 572, p. 87.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 572.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 189.
- Flora of Guatemala / Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1952 Chicago: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1952. url p. 198.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1936 Chicago, U.S.A.: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 726.
- Flora of the Aguan valley and the coastal regions near La Ceiba, Honduras, by T. G. Yuncker. 9 1940 [Chicago]1940. url p. 271.
- Flora of the Hawaiian islands: a description of their phanerogams and vascular cryptogams /by William Hillebrand; annotated and published after the author's death by W.F. Hillebrand. 1888 London: New York: Williams & Norgate; B. Westermann, 1888. url p. 433, p. 661.
- Flora of the upper Gangetic plain, and of the adjacent Siwalik and sub-Himalayan tracts, by J. F. Duthie. Calcutta, Superintendent of Government Printing, 1903. url p. 232.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url .
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , p. 284, p. 389, p. 583.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 411.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 411.
- Greenhouse & stove plants; flowering and fine-leaved, palms, ferns, and lycopodiums, with full details of the propagation and cultivation of 500 families of plants, embracing all the best kinds in cultivation, suitable for grow London, J. Murray, 1885. url p. 203.
- Greenhouse and stove plants, flowering and fine-leaved, palms, ferns, and lycopodiums, with full details of the propagation and cultivation of 500 families of plants: embracing all the best kinds in cultivation, suitable for growing in the greenhouse, intermediate house, and stove / by Thomas Baines. London: J. Murray, 1894. url p. 203.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 38, p. 40.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Hawaiian Fungi / Honolulu, Hawaii: The Museum, 1925. url p. 103, p. 166.
- Hooker's journal of botany and Kew Garden miscellany. 5 1853 London: Reeve, Benham, and Reeve, 1849-1857. url p. 325, p. 327.
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 214.
- Index of plants. 1912. Singapore, Printed at the Methodist Publishing House, 1912. url .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 402.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 15 1995 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 265.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 13 1912 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 207, p. 299, p. 79.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 341.
- Leaflets of Philippine botany. I-X Manila: Oriental Printing Co., 1906-1939. url p. 3888.
- Lilies, being one of a series of flower monographs, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1913. url , p. 102.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 20, p. 22, p. 32, p. 37, p. 52.
- Loddiges, C. L. The botanical cabinet: consisting of coloured delineations of plants, from all countries, with a short account of each, directions for management, &c, &c /by Conrad Loddiges & Sons; the plates by George Cooke... 6 1821 London: John & Arthur Arch. .., 1817-1833. url , .
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 357, p. 358, p. 360, p. 362, p. 363, p. 364, p. 367, p. 368, p. 370.
- Memo?rias do Instituto Oswaldo Cruz. Rio de Janeiro. url p. 44.
- Memoir and correspondence of the late Sir James Edward Smith, Ed. by Lady Smith. London, Longman, Rees, Orne Brown, Green and Longman, 1832. url p. 367.
- Monandrian plants of the order Scitamineae: chiefly drawn from living specimens in the botanic garden at Liverpool, arranged according to the system of Linnaeus with descriptions and observations /by William Roscoe. 1828 Liverpool: George Smith, 1828. url hedychium coronarium, hedychium coronarium.
- My garden. By Eden Phillpotts. London, "Country life, " ltd. [etc.];1906. url , p. 144.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 656, p. 656.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 152, p. 570, p. iv.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 3 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 122, p. 378, p. 409.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 5 1912 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 304.
- Odorographia: a natural history of raw materials and drugs used in the perfume industry: intended to serve growers, manufacturers and consumers / by J. Ch. Sawer. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1892-1894. url p. 78.
- Official guide to the Botanic Gardens, Dominica: illustrated: with an index of the principal plants. Dominica: The Garden, 1922? url , p. 22.
- Ornamental gardening in Florida, by Charles Torrey Simpson; a treatise on the decorative plants adapted to Florida and their cultivation, with suggestions for the ornamentation of Florida homes and grounds. Little River, Fla., The author, 1916. url p. 175, p. 175, p. 192, p. 192.
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 107.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 380, p. 391.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url .
- Plant hybridization before Mendel, by H.F. Roberts. .. Princeton, Princeton University Press, 1929. url p. 264, p. 266.
- Plant propagation; being a description of the various methods employed by both amateur and professional gardeners. Written and comp. by Walter Davis, London"The Bazaar, exchange & mart" office1922 url p. 129.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 430.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 430.
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 18.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 240.
- Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. Honolulu: Hawaiian Entomological Society url p. 84.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 115.
- Roxburgh, W. Flora indica;or, Descriptions of Indian plants, by the late William Roxburgh. Edited by Dr. William Carey; to which are added descriptions of plants more recently discovered by Dr. Nathaniel Wallich. Serampore, Printed at the Mission Press, 1820-24. url p. 12, p. 9.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 161.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1015, p. 1039, p. 104, p. 1065, p. 230, p. 90.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 548, p. 548.
- The Canadian horticulturist [monthly] St. Catharines, E.S. Leavenworth. url p. 60.
- The English flower garden and home grounds; design and arrangement shown by existing examples of gardens in Great Britain and Ireland, followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture, by W. Robinson. .. Illustrated with many engravings on wood. London: J. Murray, 1900. url p. 582.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 268, p. 525, p. 56, p. 883.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , , , , p. 103, p. 133, p. 140, p. 141, p. 182, p. 228, p. 232, p. 239, p. 241, p. 27, p. 276, p. 288, p. 314, p. 327, p. 342, p. 361, p. 389, p. 396, p. 397, p. 419, p. 430, p. 450, p. 450, p. 645.
- The Gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orome, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 609.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1216, p. 574, p. 752.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , , , p. 112, p. 114, p. 135, p. 142, p. 158, p. 163, p. 168, p. 174, p. 206, p. 219, p. 228, p. 232, p. 263, p. 276, p. 287, p. 294, p. 300, p. 340, p. 363, p. 442, p. 504, p. 539.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url , p. 171.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 378, p. 409.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 168, p. 168, p. 232, p. 25, p. 350, p. 41.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 203, p. 426.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 22 1887 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 134, p. 135, p. 439, p. 548, p. 69.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 450, p. 476.
- The Philippine journal of science. 4 1909 Manila. url p. 156, p. 164, p. 249, p. 444.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 16.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 90.
- The botany of Bihar and Orissa: an account of all the known indigenous plants of the province and of the most important or most commonly cultivated exotic ones / with maps and introduction by H. H. Haines. London: Printed by Adlard and sold by agents for Indian Official Publications, 1921-25. url p. 1138, p. 1139.
- The bulb book; or, Bulbous and tuberous plants for the open air, stove, and greenhouse, containing particulars as to descriptions, culture, propagation, etc., of plants from all parts of the world having bulbs, corm London, J. Murray, 1911. url , .
- The differential analysis of starches, by James B. McNair. 9 1930 Chicago, 1930. url p. 15, p. 20, p. 22, p. 27, p. 29, p. 34, p. 38, p. 39, p. 42.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url , p. 15, p. 20, p. 335, p. 7, p. 7, p. 787, p. 788, p. 789.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 226.
- The flora of the Nilgiri and Pulney Hill-tops / by P.F. Fyson; with 580 full page illustrations and 4 maps by Lady Bourne, Mrs. Fyson and others. Madras: Printed by the Supt., Govt. Press, 1915-1920. url p. 114.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url p. 728.
- The forests and flora of British Honduras / by Paul C. Standley and Samuel J. Record; in cooperation with the Conservator of Forests and the Agricultural Officer of the Colony. 12 1936 Chicago: [Field Museum of Natural History], 1936. url p. 96.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 235.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 211, p. 239, p. 277, p. 499.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 15.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 566.
- The parks and gardens of Paris, considered in relation to the wants of other cities and of the public and private gardens; being notes on a study of Paris gardens. London, Macmillan and co., 1878. url .
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1441.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 166, p. 820.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 166, p. 820.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 407.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 67.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 392, p. 396, p. 460, p. 530, p. 533, p. 543, p. 771, p. 931.
- Woods of northeastern Peru, by Llewelyn Williams. 15 1936 Chicago, 1936. url p. 554.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 49.
- Wu Te-lin, Chen Sen-jen, Tsai Hsi-tao, Tong Shao-quan, Chen Pei-shan & Zhao Shi-wang. 1981. Zingiberaceae subfam. Zingiberoideae. In: Wu Te-lin, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 16(2): 22--148.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 18, 2007:
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden Virtual Herbarium Darwin Core format
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Herbier de la Guyane, Herbier de la Guyane
- Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad
- , Biodiversidad de Costa Rica
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- SysTax, Ilha Solteira, Herbario
- SysTax, SysTax
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Vienna, Institute for Botany - Herbarium WU, Herbarium WU
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2662173
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Kew-248115
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13755786
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:796836-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 18576
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 42396
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 796836-1
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMZIN04010
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: HECO11
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 41911
- "Hedychium". in Flora of North America Vol. 22. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Hedychium coronarium". in Flora of North America Vol. 22. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 512.430 meters (1,681.201 feet), Standard Deviation = 800.690 based on 270 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]