, or herbs, deciduous or evergreen
. Stems erect
, or creeping
. Buds usually with several exposed scales
, sometimes with only 2. Leaves alternate, rarely opposite, simple
; stipules paired
, rarely absent, persistent
or deciduous; petiole usually 2-glandular apically; leaf blade
often serrate at margin
, rarely entire. Inflorescences various, from single flowers to umbellate
, racemose or cymose-paniculate. Flowers usually actinomorphic
, rarely unisexual
and then plants
dioecious. Hypanthium (formed from basal parts of sepals, petals, and stamens) free from or adnate to ovary, short or elongate
. Sepals usually 5, rarely fewer or more, imbricate; epicalyx
segments sometimes also present. Petals as many as sepals, inserted
below margin of disk, free, imbricate, sometimes absent. Disk lining hypanthium, usually entire, rarely lobed
. Stamens usually numerous
, rarely few, always in a complete
at margin of or above disk; filaments
usually free, very rarely connate
, rarely elongate, 2-locular. Carpels 1 to many, free, or ± connate and then adnate to inner surface of cupular receptacle; ovary inferior, semi-inferior, or superior; ovules usually 2 in each carpel, rarely 1 or several, anatropous
. Styles as many as carpels, terminal
, or basal, free or sometimes connate. Fruit a follicle, pome, achene, or drupe, rarely a capsule, naked or enclosed in persistent hypanthium and sometimes also by sepals. Seeds erect or pendulous, sometimes winged
, usually exalbuminous
, very rarely with thin endosperm; cotyledons mostly fleshy
abaxially, rarely folded or convolute.
Between 95 and 125 genera and 2825-3500 species: cosmopolitan , mostly in N temperate zone; 55 genera (two endemic) and 950 species (546 endemic) in China.
Many plants of this family are of economic importance and contribute to people s livelihoods. The Rosaceae contain a great number of fruit trees of temperate regions . The fruits contain vitamins, acids, and sugars and can be used both raw and for making preserves, jam, jelly, candy, various drinks, wine, vinegar, etc. The dried fruits of the genera
Amygdalus and Armeniaca are of high commercial value. Some plants in the genus Rosa containing essential oils or with a high vitamin content are used in industry . Rosaceae wood is used for making various articles, stems and roots are used for making tannin extract, and young leaves are used as a substitute for tea. Numerous species are used for medical purposes or are cultivated as ornamentals .
The Rosaceae are very well represented in China, with great economic and scientific importance. The Co-chairs of the Editorial Committee (Wu and Raven) here note that the patterns of relationship are complex and the group is taxonomically difficult. 
, sometimes stoloniferous
. Stipules adnate
to and sheathing
leaves pinnate or pseudopinnate; terminal
leaflets often in alternating larger and smaller pairs; cauline leaves few, often 3-foliolate or bractlike. Flowers solitary or in corymbs, bisexual
. Hypanthium turbinate
. Sepals 5, valvate
segments 5, small, alternate with sepals. Petals 5, yellow, white, or red, orbicular
. Stamens numerous
, crowded. Disk lining
. Carpels numerous, borne on prominent
, usually cylindric
; ovule ascending
; style filiform
; stigma slightly recurved or hooked
, minute. Achenes sessile or stipitate
, small, hooked at apex of beak
. Seed erect
; testa membranous; cotyledons oblong
About 70 species: widespread in temperate zones of both hemispheres; three species in China.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
An accepted name in the RHS Horticultural Database.
Members of the genus Geum
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 59 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
G. aleppicum (Yellow Avens) · G. aleppicum var. cuneatum (Yellow Avens) · G. aurantiacum (Avens) · G. calthifolium (Caltha-Leaf Avens) · G. canadense (White Avens) · G. canadense var. brevipes (White Avens) · G. canadense var. camporum (White Avens) · G. canadense var. grimesii (Grand Birch) · G. canadense var. texanum (Texan Avens) · G. chiloense (Avens) · G. chiloense 'Lady Stratheden' (Lady Stratheden Avens) · G. coccineum (Scarlet Avens) · G. coccineum 'Cooky' (Scarlet Avens) · G. geniculatum (Bent Avens) · G. glaciale (Glacier Avens) · G. laciniatum (Rough Avens) · G. laciniatum var. laciniatum (Rough Avens) · G. macranthum (Avens) · G. macrophyllum (Large Leaf Avens) · G. macrophyllum var. macrophyllum (Largeleaf Avens) · G. magellanicum (Hierba Del Clavo) · G. montanum (Alpine Avens) · G. peckii (Mountain Avens) · G. pentapetalum (Aleutian Avens) · G. pulchrum (Avens) · G. radiatum (Appalachian Avens) · G. rivale (Bog Avens) · G. rivale 'Album' (Bog Avens) · G. rivale 'Leonard's Double' (Bog Avens) · G. rivale 'Leonard's Variety' (Bog Avens) · G. rossii (Ross Avens) · G. rossii var. depressum (Ross' Avens) · G. rossii var. turbinatum (Ross Avens) · G. triflorum (Old Man's Whiskers) · G. triflorum f. ornatum (Old-Man´s-Whiskers) · G. triflorum var. campanulatum (Old Man's Whiskers) · G. triflorum var. canescens (Alpine Old Man's Whiskers) · G. triflorum var. ciliatum (Old Man's Whiskers) · G. urbanum (Avens) · G. urbanum 'Checkmate' (Bennet) · G. vernum (Spring Avens) · G. virginianum (Cream Avens) · G. x aurantiacum (Avens) · G. x heldreichii 'Georgenberg' (Georgenberg Chilean Avens) · G. x macranthum (Avens) · G. x pulchrum (Avens) · G. 'Blazing Sunset' (Avens) · G. 'Borisii' (Boris Avens) · G. 'Coppertone' (Avens) · G. 'Dolly North' (Avens) · G. 'Fireball' (Avens) · G. 'Georgenberg' (Avens) · G. 'Lady Stratheden' (Avens) · G. 'Lemon Drops' (Avens) · G. 'Mango Lassi' (Grecian Rose) · G. 'Mrs J. Bradshaw' (Avens) · G. 'Paso Doble' (Avens) · G. 'Prinses Juliana' (Avens) · G. 'Werner Arends' (Scarlet Avens)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url , p. 363.
- 2002 list of ecological comm[u]nities for Montana / prepared by Montana Natural Heritage Program, Montana State Library. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2002 url , .
- 2nd International congress of entomology, Oxford, August, 1912. .. Oxford, Printed by Hazell, Watson & Viney, Ld., 1913-14. url p. 380.
- A biochemic basis for the study of problems of taxonomy, heredity, evolution, etc., with especial reference to the starches and tissues of parent-stock and hybrid-stocks and the starches and hemoglobi Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1919 url p. 15, p. 6, p. 7, p. 8.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 166, p. 6.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 123, p. 14, p. 224, p. 230, p. 290, p. 322, p. 330, p. 571, p. 685.
- A guide to the birds of Nepal Christopher Helm (Publishers) Ltd. url p. 14.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 125.
- A history of the game birds, wild fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states, including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre By Edward Howe Forbush. Boston, Wright & Potter Printing Company, State Printers, 1916 url p. 585.
- A list of plants growing without cultivation in Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden Counties, Massachusetts, Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1913. url .
- A little book of perennials, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, N. Y., The A. T. De La Mare1923. url p. 159, p. 160, p. 38, p. 97.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 213, p. 480, p. 64.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 4 1941 1941. url p. 1107, p. 36.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 210.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url , p. 175, p. 210, p. 93.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 175, p. 210.
- A preliminary catalogue of the flora of Vancouver and Queen Charlotte Islands. Victoria, B.C., Printed by W. H. Cullin, 1921. url p. 49.
- A preliminary classification of the plant communities of northeastern Montana / Robert L. DeVelice [et al.]. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1991. url .
- A preliminary report on the biology of Harding County, northwestern South Dakota / by Stephen S. Visher. Pierre, S.D.: State Publishing Co., 1914. url p. 120, p. 24.
- A report upon the boreal flora of the Sierra Nevada of California / by Frank Jason Smiley. Berkeley, Calif.: University of California Press, 1921. url p. 228, p. 240, p. 417, p. 419.
- A revision of the North American species of the section Boraphila Engler of the genus Saxifraga (Tourn) L. Minneapolis, 1923 url p. 17.
- A second supplement to, and summary of Stewart and Corry's flora of the North-east of Ireland / compiled by Sylvanus Wear, with an introduction by R. Lloyd Praeger. Belfast: Belfast Naturalists' Field Club, 1923. url p. 41.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 52.
- Alpine plants / by A.J. Macself; illustrated with colour photographs by R.A. Malby, water colour drawings by Winifred Walker, line drawings by G.E. Lee. New York: Scribner, 1923. url p. 201, p. 202, p. 87.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 408, p. 447, p. 634.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url , p. 220, p. 220, p. 243, p. 243, p. 269, p. 269, p. 270, p. 270, p. 271, p. 271, p. 272, p. 272, p. 273, p. 577, p. 584, p. 593.
- An introduction to historical plant geography, by E. V. Wulff. .. authorized translation by Elizabeth Brissenden. Foreword by Elmer D. Merrill. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1943. url p. 217, p. 99.
- An introduction to the embryology of angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1950. url p. 277, p. 281, p. 302, p. 446.
- An introduction to the flora of Natal and Zululand / by J. W. Bews. Pietermaritzburg: City Printing Works, 1921. url , , p. 101, p. 235.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url .
- An outline of plant geography, by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 31, p. 379, p. 42.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 395, p. 397, p. 753.
- Appendix C., vegetation/agricultural resources of the Beal Project area / prepared for Beal Mountain Mining, Inc.; prepared by Ken L. Scow, L. Dean Culwell. Helena, Mont.: Western Technology and Engineering,  url .
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 446, p. 804.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url , p. 446, p. 446, p. 788.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1016, p. 1031, p. 1034, p. 1753.
- Aspects of plant life; with special reference to the British flora. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1921. url p. 173, p. 70.
- Biological effects of radiation; mechanism and measurement of radiation, applications in biology, photochemical reactions, effects of radiant energy on organisms and organic products. Edited by Benjamin M. Duggar. With the cooperation of Janet Howell Clark, Kenneth S. Cole, Farrington Daniels [and others] New York andMcGraw-Hill Book Co., 1936. url p. 879.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 28 1980-1982 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. xiii, p. xv.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 341.
- Botanical and vegetation survey of Carter County, Montana, Bureau of Land Management-administered lands / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst, Stephen V. Cooper, and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 23.
- Botanical names of the wild flowers. What they mean. How pronounced. London: Holden & Hardingham, [1917?] url p. 103.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 385, p. 454.
- Botany of the Bermudas / by H.B. Small. Hamilton, Bermuda: S. Nelmes, 1913. url p. 16.
- Botany of the Bermudas, Hamilton, BermudaS. Nelmes, 1913. url .
- Botany of the living plant, London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1919. url .
- Botany of the living plant, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan and Co., limited, 1919. url p. 292, p. 292, p. 560, p. 560.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 328, p. 678.
- Botany of the living plant. London, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 560.
- Botany, developmental and descriptive. Philadelphia, Lea, 1922. url p. 212, p. 221.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url .
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , .
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 437, p. 443, p. 845.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 327, p. 390.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 183, p. 242, p. 321.
- Bulletin of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, D.C.: The Society, 1918- url p. 22.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 269, p. 270, p. 271, p. 275.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 11, p. 11, p. 75.
- Carotinoids and related pigments: the chromolipoids. New York: The Chemical Catalog Company, Inc., 1922. url p. 307.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url , .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 183.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , , p. 1761, p. 1762, p. 1767, p. 1950, p. 2534, p. 2658, p. 2686, p. 2700, p. 64.
- Catalogue of Lepidoptera Phalaenae in the British Museum / [by George F. Hampson] LondonPrinted by order of the Trustees1913 url p. 11, p. 407.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 1092, p. 173, p. 291, p. 329, p. 333, p. 617, p. 748, p. 888.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 173, p. 291, p. 333, p. 481, p. 49, p. 748.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 195, p. 78.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 53.
- Circle west vegetation baseline study: final report / by Richard Prodgers. Helena: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation,  url p. 104, p. 107.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 359, p. 382, p. 388, p. 95.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url , p. 234, p. 47.
- Commercial plant propagation; an exposition of the art and science of increasing plants as practiced by the nurseryman, florist and gardener, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, A. T. De La Mare Company, 1918. url p. 11, p. 20, p. 83.
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 370.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 9 1972 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 589, p. 590, p. 648.
- Control series bulletin / Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, University of Massachusetts. url p. 29, p. 34, p. 39, p. 56, p. 59.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 154.
- Cryptogamic plants of the USSR. (Flora sporovykh rastenii SSSR) Translated from Russian. Jerusalem[Published for the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 19 - url p. 505, p. 73, p. 77.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 308.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 146, p. 232.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 152.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 404.
- Ecologically significant wetlands in the Missouri headwaters: Jefferson, lower Madison, lower Gallatin, and upper Red Rock River watersheds / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2004. url , .
- Economic mammalogy, by Junius Henderson. .. and Elberta L. Craig. .. Baltimore, Md., C.C. Thomas, 1932. url p. 286.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url , , .
- Elements of plant biology. By A. G. Tansley. .. London: Dodd, Mead & company,  url p. 367, p. 373.
- Elements of plant biology. London, Dodd, Mead & Co. url , , p. 367, p. 373.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 242, p. 248, p. 371.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 109, p. 112, p. 160, p. 161, p. 162.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url , , p. 10, p. 11, p. 12, p. 39, p. 46, p. 5, p. 57, p. 67, p. 8, p. 9, p. 9.
- Essentials of college botany / by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York: Henry Holt and Company, c1914. url p. 291, p. 391.
- Essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey. .. and Ernst A. Bessey. .. 8th ed. of The essentials of botany entirely rewritten; with 260 diagrammatic illustrations. New York, H. Holt, [c1914] url p. 291, p. 391.
- Experiments in plant-hybridisation / By Gregor Mendel. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1925 url p. 347, p. 350.
- Farlowia: a journal of cryptogamic botany. Cambridge, Mass., 1943-1955. url .
- Fauna of the Aleutian Islands and Alaska Peninsula, by Olaus J. Murie. Invertebrates and fishes collected in the Aleutians, 1936-38, by Victor B. Scheffer. Washington, Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, 1959 url p. 24.
- Fieldbook of Illinois wild flowers; six hundred fifty of the more common flowering plants in the state. Urbana, 1936. url p. 145, p. 145, p. 153.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 231, p. 234, p. 236.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 21.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , , p. 283, p. 371.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 165.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 165.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 143, p. 299.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 112, p. 115, p. 25, p. 385.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1063, p. 1132, p. 1195, p. 525, p. 568, p. 569, p. 570.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 1019, p. 4, p. 518, p. 529, p. 530.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 146, p. 150, p. 326.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 150, p. 326.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 132, p. 133.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 306, p. 317, p. 782.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 306, p. 317, p. 782.
- Flora of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Alfred Twining. Scranton, Pa., Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science and Art, 1917. url p. 44, p. 78.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1938 Chicago, [Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 1064, p. 1103, p. 1104, p. 1105, p. 1146.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 148, p. 213.
- Flora of northeastern Pennsylvania / by Alfred Twining. Scranton, Pa.: Everhart Museum of Natural History, Science and Art, 1917. url p. 44, p. 78.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 131, p. 138, p. 290.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 169, p. 181, p. 348.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 173, p. 175, p. 314.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 213, p. 229, p. 420.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 125, p. 143, p. 392, p. 397, p. 399, p. 594, p. 623, p. 648, p. 81, p. 94.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 1098, p. 401, p. 430, p. 432.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 187, p. 196, p. 201, p. 458, p. 488, p. 90.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url , , .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 198, p. 207, p. 410.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1324, p. 1338, p. 1355, p. 1383, p. 513, p. 513, p. 522, p. 522, p. 523, p. 523.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url , , .
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url , p. 369.
- Flower gardening, New York, bMcBride, Nast & company, 1913. url , , .
- Flower gardening, by H. S. Adams. New York, McBride, Nast & Company, 1913. url p. 184, p. 190, p. 193.
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 97, p. 99.
- Fritz Bahr's commercial floriculture; a practical manual for the retail grower, New York, The A. T. De la Mare company, inc.[c1922] url , .
- Garden guide, the amateur gardener's handbook; how to plan, plant and maintain the home grounds, the suburban garden, the city lot. How to grow gook vegetables and fruit. How to care for roses and other favorite flowers, hardy plants, trees, shrub ed. by J. Harrison Dick... New York, A. T. De La Mare company, inc.1917 url p. 203.
- Garden guide, the amateur gardeners' handbook; how to plan, plant and maintain the home grounds, the suburban garden, the city lot. How to grow good vegetables and fruit. How to care for roses and other favorite flowers, hardy plants, trees, shrub New York, A. T. De La Mare company, inc.[c1917] url .
- Garden guide; the amateur gardeners' handbook. Profusely illustrated with over 275 teaching plans and diagrams and reproduced photographs, all made expressly for this standard text book. Edited by A. T. De La Mare. New York, A. T. De La Mare[c1920] url p. 271.
- Gardening for amateurs; a simple, complete, and practical guide for garden lovers, edited by H. H. Thomas. Illustrated by twenty-four coloured plates and many hundreds of photographs and sketches. New York: Funk and Wagnalls company,  url p. 1122, p. 148, p. 588, p. 590, p. 592, p. 608, p. 614.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url , .
- Gardening in California, San Francisco, A. M. Robertson, 1914. url p. 250, p. 386.
- Gardens in Duluth; Duluth, Stewart-Mackintosh, inc., c1917 url p. 34.
- Genetics and eugenics: a text-book for students of biology and a reference book for animal and plant breeders. Cambridge [Mass.]Harvard University Press1921 url p. 347, p. 350.
- Genetics and eugenics; a text-book for students of biology and a reference book for animal and plant breeders, by W. E. Castle. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1921 [c1916] url p. 347, p. 350.
- Genetics in relation to agriculture, New York, McGraw-Hill; [etc., etc.]1918. url , , p. 230, p. 658.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1978 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 265, p. 520, p. 526, p. 866.
- Growth in living systems; proceedings. Edited by M.X. Zarrow assisted by Harry Beevers [and others]. New York, Basic Books url p. 536, p. 537, p. 538.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 325, p. 327, p. 340, p. 453.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 128, p. 131, p. 166.
- House & garden's book of gardens; containing over four hundred illustrations of special flower types, plans and suggestions for landscape work, a complete gardener's calendar of the year's activities, planting and spraying tables, and New York, C. Nast & Company, 1921. url p. 29.
- Hymenoptera of America north of Mexico: synoptic catalog, second supplement / prepared by the staff and collaborators of the Hymenoptera Unit, Insect Identification and Parasite Introduction Research Branch, Entomology Research Division, Agricultural Research Service, under the Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1967. url p. 495, p. 498.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url , , .
- Illustrations of the New Zealand flora / edited by T.F. Cheeseman with the assistance of W.B. Hemsley; the plates drawn by Matilda Smith. Wellington: John Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1914. url p. 167, p. 534.
- Inbreeding and outbreeding: their genetic and sociological significance / London: J. B. Lippincott Company,  url , .
- Inbreeding and outbreeding; their genetic and sociological significance, by Edward M. East. .. and Donald F. Jones. .. 46 illustrations. Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott Company[c1919] url p. 144, p. 144, p. 281, p. 281.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1914] url , , .
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 114, p. 121, p. 262.
- Introduction to plant geography and some related sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 101, p. 586.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , , p. 22, p. 92.
- Johnson's Gardeners' dictionary and cultural instructor. London, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd. url p. 196, p. 232, p. 246, p. 644, p. 803, p. 906.
- Jottings of a gentleman farmer: a practical guide to flower gardening for amateur gardeners: to which is added some suggestions on growing food plants during the war / by E.T. Ellis. London: L. Reeve & co., 1917. url , .
- Journal kept by David Douglas during his travels in North America 1823-1827, together with a particular description of thirty-three species of American oaks and eighteen species of Pinus, with appendices containing a list of the plants introduced by Douglas and an account of h London, W. Wesley & Son, 1914. url , , , , , , , , p. 112, p. 113, p. 117, p. 118, p. 119, p. 174, p. 196, p. 354.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 124, p. 161, p. 161.
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, [c1919] url , .
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora; Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, 1919. url p. 117, p. 124, p. 298.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 312.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 312.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 312, p. 463, p. 477.
- Larvae of owlet moths (Noctuidae): biology, morphology, and classification / by O.I. Merzheevskaya; George L. Godfrey, scientific editor; [translated from the Russian by P.M. Rao]. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1988. url p. 241.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 12.
- Lepidopterous fauna of the USSR and adjacent countries: a collection of papers dedicated to professor Alexsandr Sergeevich Danilevskii / collected by O.L. Kryzhanovskii; Donald R. Davis, scientific editor; [translated from the Russian by P.M. Rao]. Washington, D.C.: National Science Foundation, 1988. url p. 193.
- Life-histories of Indian insects: Microlepidoptera / by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Calcutta: Published for the Imperial Dept. of Agriculture in India by Thacker, Spink, . url p. 40.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 10, p. 71, p. 80, p. 83.
- List of rare, threatened and endemic plants in Europe (1982 edition) Council of Europe url p. 234.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , .
- MTNHP site and community survey manual. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1991. url .
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 1527, p. 606, p. 617, p. 618.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 156, p. 166, p. 595.
- Memories of the months. London: E. Arnold & Co., 1922. url p. 112, p. 57.
- Menzies' journal of Vancouver's voyage, April to October, 1792 / edited with botanical and ethnological notes, by C.F. Newcombe and a biographical note by J. Forsyth. Victoria, B.C.: Printed by W.H. Cullin, 1923. url p. 137.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 29.
- Morphology of the angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1961. url p. 93.
- My garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. .. illustrated by Will Simmons. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page & company, [c1916] url p. 37, p. 37.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 187, p. 383.
- Natural area inventory of Washington County, North Carolina / [Raleigh]: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Department of Natural Resources and Community Development, 1982. url p. 90.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 204.
- New Zealand nature notes. Short sketches of the geology, botany, zoology, and ethnology of New Zealand (with notes on engineering-works) for the use of members of the Australasian Association for the Advancement of Science, We Wellington, W.Z.G. Skinner, Govt. Print., 1922. url p. 53.
- New Zealand plants and their story. By L. Cockayne. .. Wellington, N.Z., M.F. Marks, Govt. Printer, 1919. url p. 169, p. 233.
- New illustrated encyclopedia of gardening, unabridged. Edited by T.H. Everett, with contributions from twenty horticulturists and authorities in the United States and Canada. New York, Greystone Press[1964-] url p. 24.
- Our living resources: a report to the nation on the distribution, abundance, and health of U.S. plants, animals, and ecosystems / [edited by], Edward T. LaRoe. .. [et al.]. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, National Biological Service, 1995. url p. 517.
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 183, p. 185, p. 421, p. 454.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 175, p. 495, p. 770.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 305, p. 332, p. 333, p. 585.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 103, p. 170, p. 190, p. 190, p. 214, p. 218, p. 264, p. 425, p. 430, p. 431, p. 439, p. 456, p. 46, p. 484, p. 502, p. 504, p. 504, p. 506, p. 507, p. 507, p. 507, p. 508, p. 508, p. 509, p. 509, p. 52, p. 6, p. 91.
- Planning your garden, by W. S. Rogers; illustrated by the author. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, 1923. url p. 267.
- Plant associations and related botanical inventory of the Beaverhead Mountains Section, Montana / Helena Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1999. url , .
- Plant hybridization before Mendel, by H.F. Roberts. .. Princeton, Princeton University Press, 1929. url p. 217, p. 373.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 380, p. 58, p. 60.
- Plant names, by T. S. Lindsay. London, Macmillan, 1923. url p. 24, p. 35, p. 89.
- Plant physiology, with special reference to plant production. New York, MacMillan, 1920. url p. 432.
- Plant propagation: greenhouse and nursery practice / New York: Orange Judd Company, 1916. url , , .
- Plant propagation; being a description of the various methods employed by both amateur and professional gardeners. Written and comp. by Walter Davis, London"The Bazaar, exchange & mart" office1922 url p. 126, p. 189.
- Plant propagation; greenhouse and nursery practice, by M. G. Kains. .. New York: Orange Judd company, 1916. url , , p. 300, p. 309, p. 312.
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos. by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url .
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url , p. 370.
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , .
- Plants and their ways in South Africa. London, Longmans, Green, 1915. url , p. 309, p. 309, p. 382.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 161, p. 45.
- Practical plant propagation; an exposition of the art and science of increasing plants as practiced by the nurseryman, florist and gardener, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, A. T. De La Mare company, inc., 1922. url p. 103, p. 15, p. 175, p. 26.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , , , p. 37, p. 51, p. 7.
- Pronunciation of plant names. [New York, Reproduced and printed by National Process Company]1922. url p. 37.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 45.
- Range and pasture management, by Arthur W. Sampson. New York, John Wiley, 1923. url p. 129, p. 402.
- Rare plant inventory and plant community descriptions of the Sweet Grass Hills, Proposed Area of Critical Environmental Concern (PACEC), Toole and Liberty Counties, Montana / prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management; prepared by Western Technology and Engineering, Inc. in cooperation with Montana Natural Heritage Program. Helena, MT: Western Technology and Engineering, Inc.,  url .
- Report of the Canadian Arctic Expedition 1913-18. Ottawa, F. A. Acland, Printer to the King, 1919- url , .
- Report on the conservation status of Cirsium longistylum, a candidate threatened species / Lisa A. Schassberger. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 11.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 90.
- Rock gardening for amateurs, by H. H. Thomas assisted by S. Arnott; beautifully illustrated with twelve direct colour photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke, sixty-four half-tone plates and numerous sketches. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1914. url p. 225, p. 263, p. 272, p. 50.
- Rock gardens; how to make and maintain them, by Lewis B. Meredith, with an introduction by F. W. Moore. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1914. url p. 288, p. 348, p. 349, p. 350, p. 353, p. 357.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 151, p. 157, p. 384.
- Round the year in the garden; a descriptive guide to the flowers of the four seasons, and to the work of each month in the flower, friut and kitchen garden, by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with twelve direct colour photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke, and sixty-four half-tone plates. New York, Funk and Wagnalls company url p. 60.
- Rydberg, P. A. Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, and British Columbia /by P. A. Rydberg... 1917 New York: The author, 1917. url p. 1098, p. 401.
- Saturday in my garden; a practical guide to the cultivation of small gardens, London: Richards, 1921. url p. 481, p. 60.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url , .
- Sensitive plant species inventory in the Centennial Valley, Beaverhead County, Montana / prepared by Denise R. Culver; prepared for Bureau of Land Management, [Butte District] Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 27.
- Sensitive plant species survey, Ashland District, Custer National Forest, Powder River and Rosebud Counties, Montana / by Bonnie L. Heidel and Hollis Marriott; for Custer National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant species surveys, Butte District, Beaverhead and Madison Counties, Montana / by Bonnie L. Heidel and Jim Vanderhorst, for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Bull River and adjacent drainages, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Kootenai National Forest, Montana / prepared by Lisa Ann Schassberger and J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 59.
- Sensitive plant surveys, 1989: U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest / prepared for United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service; prepared by Sarah Y. Mathews. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 60, p. 61, p. 78, p. 9.
- South African botany, London, Longmans, Green, 1922. url , .
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 160, p. 25.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 65.
- Status review update and establishment of demographic monitoring studies: Penstemon lemhiensis / prepared for U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Beaverhead and Bitterroot National Forest, Montana; prepared by J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 33.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 317, p. 663.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url , , .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 31, p. 31, p. 40, p. 67, p. 71, p. 78.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 191, p. 206, p. 207, p. 295, p. 443, p. 492, p. 496, p. 507.
- Technical report: Illinois natural areas inventory / by the Department of Landscape Architecture, Univeristy of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and the Natural Land Institute, Rockford, Illinois. Urbana: Dept. of Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois and Natural Land Institute, 1978. url p. 345.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1203, p. 1563, p. 1653, p. 1656, p. 2192.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 114.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 443.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 50 1936 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url adams , p. 116, p. 117, p. 118, p. 135, p. 141, p. 16, p. 174, p. 176, p. 187, p. 188, p. 210, p. 215, p. 226, p. 250, p. 261, p. 267, p. 269, p. 308, p. 32, p. 327, p. 335, p. 34, p. 35, p. 367, p. 428, p. 430, p. 430, p. 441, p. 483, p. 49, p. 519, p. 561, p. 57, p. 573, p. 575, p. 74, p. 780, p. 82, p. 82, p. 88.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 116, p. 485, p. 712, p. 791.
- The English rock-garden, by Reginald Farrer. London, Jack, 1919. url p. 214, p. 23, p. 293, p. 357, p. 397, p. 398, p. 399, p. 400, p. 401, p. 472.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 42 1982 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url welsh, page 1, p. 13, p. 14, p. 223, p. 283, fig. 1, page 296, p. 3, p. 35, p. 639, fig. 2, page 65, p. 669.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 278, p. 278.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 118.
- The Lepidopteras of New York and neighboring states, primitive forms Microlepidoptera, Pyraloids, Bombyces. Ithaca, N.Y., Cornell Univ., 1920. url p. 224.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 34.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 156, p. 165, p. 18, p. 31, p. 310, p. 316.
- The biologist's handbook of pronunciations. Illus. by Morris Van Dame and the author. Springfield, Ill., Thomas url p. 132.
- The book of hardy flowers; a simple and complete descriptive guide to the cultivation in gardens of the trees and shrubs, perennial and annual flowers, that are hardy, or are suitable for planting out-of-doors in summer in temp Ed. by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with thirty-two direct color photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke and sixty-four half-tone plates. 1915 New York, Funk & Wagnalls company; [etc., etc.] url p. 16, p. 199, p. 398, p. 401, p. 54.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 212, p. 212, p. 401.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 168.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url p. 378.
- The essentials of botany, New York, H. Holt and company[c1914] url , .
- The essentials of college botany, by Charles E. Bessey and Ernest A. Bessey. New York, H. Holt[c1914] url p. 391.
- The flora of Canada, by J. M. Macoun and M. O. Malte. Ottawa: Government printing bureau, 1917. url p. 9.
- The flowering plants of Africa; an analytical key to the genera of African phanerogams. By Fr. Thonner. London, Dulau & Co., Ltd., 1915. url p. 242, p. 602, p. 626.
- The flowering process. New York, Macmillan, 1963. url p. 59.
- The garden bluebook; a manual of the perennial garden, by Leicester Bodine Holland. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday,  url p. 109, p. 227, p. 230.
- The grasses and grasslands of South Africa, Pietermaritzburg, P. David & Sons, Ltd., Printers, 1918. url .
- The hardy flower book, by E. H. Jenkins, ed. by F. W. Harvey. London, C. Scribner's sons url p. 94.
- The making of a flower garden, New York, Frederick A. Stokes company[c1919] url , .
- The making of a flower garden, by Ida D. Bennett. .. with four diagrams and sixteen illustrations from photographs. New York, Frederick A. Stokes company[c1919] url p. 222.
- The nursery-manual; a complete guide to the multiplication of plants, by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan,  url p. 318.
- The phylogenetic method in taxonomy; the North American species of Artemisia, Chrysothamnus, and Atriplex, by Harvey M. Hall and Frederic E. Clements. Washington, The Carnegie institution of Washington, 1923. url p. 14, p. 14.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 147, p. 56, p. 57.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 269.
- The principles of plant-teratology. London, The Ray Society, 1915-1916. url , .
- The ruffed grouse, its life story, ecology and management, by Frank C. Edminster. New York, The Macmillan company, 1947. url p. 141, p. 379.
- The ruffed grouse; life history, propagation, management, by Gardiner Bump [and others] With 4 paintings in full color by Fred. Everett and 127 sketches by Clayton B. Seagears and Fred. Everett. [Albany?]1947. url p. 193, p. 200.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1078, p. 1334, p. 141, p. 1473, p. 1475, p. 2969, p. 3096, p. 3103, p. 3591, p. 3628, p. 40, p. 41, p. 97.
- The story of my rock garden, by Reginald A. Malby. .. with introduction by W. Irving. .. illustrated with photographic reproductions and colour plates by the author. London, Headly bros., publishers, ltd. url p. 128.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url p. 246, p. 436, p. 96.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 225, p. 427.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , , , , , , , .
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 1699.
- U.S. gardening guide: everything you need to know about how to make things grow / compiled by Jeffery Feinman. New York: Simon and Schuster, c1979. url p. 347, p. 59.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 8 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 651, p. 657.
- Useful wild plants of the United States and Canada, by Charles Francis Saunders. Illustrated with photographs by the author and with drawings by Lucy Hamilton Aring. New York, R. M. McBride & company, 1934. url p. 271.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 47.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 4, p. 63, p. 74.
- Vegetation and flora of the Line Creek Plateau area, Carbon County, Montana / prepared by Peter Lesica and the Montana Natural Heritage Program; prepared for USDA Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 4.
- Village England, by Sir William Beach Thomas. New York, The Macmillan company, 1935. url .
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 233.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 233, p. 26.
- Wetlands of the Bitterroot Valley: change and ecological functions / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2008. url .
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url , p. 348, p. 348.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 218, p. 23.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url .
- Year book of the Public Museum of the City of Milwaukee. Milwaukee, Wis.: Board of Trustees, 1922-1932. url p. 148.
- Yü Te-tsun, Lu Ling-ti, Ku Tsue-chih, Li Chao-luan, Kuan Ke-chien & Chiang Wan-fu. 1974, 1985, 1986. Rosaceae. In: Yü Te-tsun, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 36: 1443; 37: 1516; 38: 1133.
- Yü Te-tsun, Lu Ling-ti, Ku Tsue-chih, Li Chao-luan, Kuan Ke-chien & Chiang Wan-fu. 1974, 1985, 1986. Rosaceae. In: Yü Te-tsun, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 36: 1443; 37: 1516; 38: 1133.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Cuizhi Gu, Chaoluan Li, Lingdi Lu, Shunyuan Jiang, Crinan Alexander, Bruce Bartholomew, Anthony R. Brach, David E. Boufford, Hiroshi Ikeda, Hideaki Ohba, Kenneth R. Robertson & Steven A. Spongberg "Rosaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 46. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Li Chao-luang, Hiroshi Ikeda, Hideaki Ohba "Geum". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 286. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]