Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Cut-Leaf Crane's-Bill, Cut-Leaf Crane´s-Bill, Cut-Leaf Geranium, Cut-Leaved Cranesbill, Cutleaf Geranium
Common Names in Portuguese:
herbs. Leaves usually alternate, stipulate
, variously divided
. Peduncles (1-) 2-flowered. Flowers often showy, regular, usually 5-merous. Petals alternating with 5 nectiferous glands
. Stamens (5-) 10, staminodes occasional. Carpels usually 5, adnate
, separating septifragally from the central axis at maturity. Ovary 5-lobed. Fruit schizocarpic, of 5 mericarps which remain attached to an elastically coiling
axis upwards; mericarps without apical pits.
A genus of c. 400 species, mainly distributed in the temperate zone of N. Hemisphere, but also in the tropics. Represented in Pakistan by 22 species. The large flowered perennials are difficult to key out satisfactorily unless there is ample information on the nature of the underground parts, flower colour, shape and size of the leaves and the fruits. In the key that follows, I have used the following terminology: segments for primary division of leaves; lobes for secondary division . The sepal length excludes the awn . The beak length (in fruit) excludes the styles.
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May. • Flower Color: pink
Size: under 6" tall.
Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of 252 meters (828 feet).
Duration: Annual , Biennial
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Geranianae () - (Dumortier, 1829) Takhtajan, 1997
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Geranium angustifolium Gilib. • Geranium baumgartenianum Schur • Geranium decumbens R. Knuth in Engl. • Geranium dissectum f. albiflorum R. Fern. • Geranium dissectum f. byzantinum (Griseb.) Borza • Geranium dissectum f. erectum Patze Ex Gams in Hegi • Geranium dissectum f. furcatum (Schur) Gams in Hegi • Geranium dissectum f. purpureum (Kuntze) Gams in Hegi • Geranium dissectum f. roseum (Kuntze) Gams in Hegi • Geranium dissectum f. subintegrilobatum (Godet) Gams in Hegi • Geranium dissectum var. alba A. Huet Ex Nyman • Geranium dissectum var. albidum Kuntze • Geranium dissectum var. album (Kuntze) Graebn. in Asch. & Graebn. • Geranium dissectum var. baumgartenianum Schur Ex Graebn. in Asch. & Graebn. • Geranium dissectum var. byzantinum (Griseb.) Graebn. in Asch. & Graebn. • Geranium dissectum var. furcatum (Schur) Graebn. in Asch. & Graebn. • Geranium dissectum var. glutinosum (N. Terracc.) Graebn. in Asch. & Graebn. • Geranium dissectum var. minimum Picard • Geranium dissectum var. nanum Gaudin • Geranium dissectum var. palmatum Picard • Geranium dissectum var. pumilum Peterm. • Geranium dissectum var. purpureum (Kuntze) Graebn. in Asch. & Graebn. • Geranium dissectum var. roseum (Kuntze) Graebn. in Asch. & Graebn. • Geranium dissectum var. subintegrilobatum Godet • Geranium dissectum var. typicum R. Knuth in Engl. • Geranium dissectum var. villosum (N. Terracc.) Graebn. in Asch. & Graebn. • Geranium furcatum Schur Ex R. Knuth in Engl. • Geranium laxum Hanks ex Hanks & Small in Underw. & Britton (Eds.) • Geranium malvifolium Baumg. Ex R. Knuth in Engl. • Geranium minimum Picard Ex B. D. Jacks. • Geranium palmatum Picard Ex B. D. Jacks. • Geranium pusillum Labram & Hegetschw. Ex R. Knuth in Engl. • Geranium pusillum var. malvifolium Baumg. Ex Schur • Geranium tiguense Aedo & Muñoz Garm.
Publishing author : L. Publication : Cent. Pl. I. 21 1755 [19 Feb 1755]
Members of the genus Geranium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 263 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
G. (Cranesbill [thumping Heart]) · G. aequale (Awnless Geranium) · G. aequatoriale (Cranesbill) · G. albicans (Roundleaf Geranium) · G. arboreum (Hawai'i Red Cranesbill) · G. aristatum (Cranesbill) · G. asphodeloides (Hedgerow Geranium) · G. atropurpureum Heller var. cowenii (Rydb.) Dorn (Western Purple Cranesbill) · G. bicknellii (Bicknell's Cranesbill) · G. bicknellii Britton var. bicknellii Britton (Bicknell's Cranesbill) · G. bohemicum 'Orchid Blue' (Cranesbill) · G. caespitosum (James Cranebill) · G. caespitosum E.James var. fremontii (Torr. ex A.Gray) Dorn (Fremont Geranium) · G. caespitosum var. parryi (Engelm.) W.A.Weber (Parry Geranium) · G. californicum (California Crane's-Bill) · G. canariensis (Giant Geranium) · G. carolinianum (Carolina Crane's-Bill) · G. carolinianum L. var. sphaerospermum (Fern.) Breitung (Carolina Geranium) · G. cinereum (Grayleaf Geranium) · G. cinereum var. subcaulescens 'Giuseppe' (Greyleaf Geranium) · G. cinereum'Alice' (Alice Grayleaf Geranium) · G. cinereum 'Ballerina' (Ballerina Cranesbill) · G. cinereum 'Carol' (Carol Cranesbill) · G. cinereum 'Lawrence Flatman' (Grayleaf Geranium) · G. cinereum 'Memories' (Grayleaf Geranium) · G. cinereum 'Purple Pillow' (Grayleaf Geranium) · G. cinereum 'Sateene' (Sateen Grayleaf Geranium) · G. cinereum subcaulescens 'Splendens' (Grayleaf Geranium) · G. clarkei (Cranesbill) · G. clarkei 'Kashmir Pink' (Cranesbill) · G. clarkei 'Kashmir Purple' (Cranesbill) · G. clarkei 'Kashmir White' (Cranesbill) · G. columbinum (Long-Stalk Crane's-Bill) · G. cuneatum cuneatum (Cuneate-Leaf Crane's-Bill) · G. cuneatum hololeucum (Hinahina) · G. cuneatum hypoleucum (Hinahina) · G. cuneatum tridens (Hinahina) · G. dalmaticum (Geranium) · G. dissectum (Cut-Leaf Crane's-Bill) · G. divaricatum (Fanleaf Geranium) · G. Dragon Heart = 'Bremdra' (Cranesbill [dragon Heart]) · G. endressii (Cranesbill) · G. endressii x psilostemon 'Patricia' (Patricia Cranesbill) · G. erianthum (Northern Crane's-Bill) · G. farreri (Farrers Geranium) · G. gracile (Hardy Geranium) · G. hanaense (Maui Geranium) · G. harveyi (Cranesbill) · G. hayatanum (Hardy Geranium) · G. himalayense (Cranesbill) · G. himalayense 'Baby Blue' (Himalayan Geranium) · G. himalayense 'Derrick Cook' (Himalayan Geranium) · G. himalayense 'Devil's Blue' (Devil's Blue Himalayan Geranium) · G. himalayense 'Gravetye' (Himalayan Geranium) · G. himalayense 'Irish Blue' (Himalayan Geranium) · G. himalayense 'Plenum' (Birch Double Geranium) · G. homeanum (Australasia Crane's-Bill) · G. ibericum (Iberian Crane's-Bill) · G. ibericum jubatum (Iberian Geranium) · G. incanum (Carpet Geranium) · G. incanum 'Silver Sugar Plum' (Carpet Geranium) · G. kauaiense (Kauai Geranium) · G. lambertii (Geranium) · G. lambertii x procurrens 'Salome' (Salome Cranesbill) · G. lambertii 'Swansdown' (Geranium) · G. lentum (Mogollon Crane's-Bill) · G. libani (Geranium Geranium Libani) · G. lucidum (Shining Crane's-Bill) · G. macrorrhizum (Big Root Geranium) · G. macrorrhizum 'Album' (Cranesbill) · G. macrorrhizum 'Bevan's Variety' (Bevan's Variety Bigroot Cranesbill) · G. macrorrhizum 'Czakor' (Cranesbill) · G. macrorrhizum 'Ingwersen's Variety' (Ingwersen's Variety Bigroot Cranesbill) · G. macrorrhizum 'Lohfelden' (Cranesbill) · G. macrorrhizum 'Spessart' (Bigroot Cranesbill) · G. macrorrhizum 'Variegatum' (Bigroot Geranium) · G. macrorrhizum 'White-Ness' (Cranesbill) · G. macrostylum (Cranesbill) · G. maculatum (Cranesbill) · G. maculatum 'Album' (Spotted Geranium) · G. maculatum 'Elizabeth Ann' (Elizabeth Anne Hardy Geranium) · G. maculatum 'Espresso' (Espresso Cranesbill) · G. maderense (Madeiran Cranesbill) · G. magnificum (Cranesbill) · G. magniflorum (Cranesbill) · G. magniflorum 'Laveta Lace' (Geranium) · G. makmelicum (Grayleaf Geranium) · G. molle (Awnless Geranium) · G. molle molle (Dovesfoot Crane's-Bill) · G. multiflorum (Many-Flower Crane's Bill) · G. multiflorum multiflorum (Manyflower Geranium) · G. multisectum (Cranesbill) · G. nodosum (Geranium) · G. oreganum (Oregon Crane's-Bill) · G. palmatum (Canary Island Geranium) · G. palustre (Marsh Cranes-Bill) · G. phaeum (Dusky Cranesbill) · G. phaeum phaeum 'Samobor' (Cranesbill) · G. phaeum 'Album' (Dusky Cranesbill) · G. phaeum 'Calligrapher' (Dusky Cranesbill)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 20.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A Yosemite flora; a descriptive account of the ferns and flowering plants, including the trees, of the Yosemite National Park; with simple keys for their identification. .. by Harvey Monroe Hall and Carlotta Case Hall. San Francisco, Elder, 1912. url p. 148.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A compendium of the flora of the northern and middle states, containing generic and specific descriptions of all the plants, exclusive of the cryptogamia, hitherto found in the United States, north of the Potomac. New York, S. B. Collins, 1826. url p. 254.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 33.
- A country lane: its flora and its fauna. London: Hamilton, [1878?] url p. 11.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 51.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 403, p. 404.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A flora of the state of New-York: comprising full descriptions of all the indigenous and naturalized plants hitherto discovered in the state: with remarks on their economical and medicinal properties / by John Torrey. Albany: Carroll and Cook, printers to the Assembly, 1843. url p. 120.
- A flora of western middle California, Berkeley, Cal., Encina Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 141.
- A history of Longridge and district. PrestonPrinted by C.W. Whitehead1888 url p. 262.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 75.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url , .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 326.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 134, p. 59, p. 60, p. 629, p. 89.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood. With sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from darwings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 79.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 110, p. 113, p. 121, p. 136, p. 28.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 42.
- A topographical history of Staffordshire; including its agriculture, mines and manufactures. Memoirs of eminent natives; statistical tables; and every species of information connected with the local history of the county. With a succinct acco Comp. from the most authentic sources, by William Pitt. Newcastle-under-Lyme, Printed by and for J. Smith, 1817. url p. 585.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 110, p. 121, p. 122, p. 129, p. 409, p. 472, p. 524, p. 525, p. 536, p. 540, p. 577, p. 578, p. 579, p. 601, p. 610, p. 65, p. 77, p. 79, p. 80, p. 80, p. 81, p. 82, p. 83, p. 84, p. 86, p. 97.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 49.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url , p. 2, p. 3.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 426, p. 429, p. 429.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 365, p. 367.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 166, p. 166, p. 17, p. 17, p. 197, p. 23, p. 247, p. 247, p. 256, p. 302, p. 302, p. 338, p. 338, p. 363, p. 71.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 8 1897 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 101.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Albany: State of New York, Dept. of Agriculture, 1894-1911. url p. 745.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 74.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 84, p. 92.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 175.
- Art album of New Zealand flora. By Mr. & Mrs. E.H. Featon. Wellington, N.Z.Bock & Cousins url , p. 71.
- Australian grasses (with illustrations) by Fred. Turner. Vol. 1. Sydney, C. Potter, Government Printer, 1895. url .
- Australian grasses and pasture plants: with notes on native fodder shrubs and trees / by Fred Turner; drawings by Mary I. Turner. Melbourne: Whitcombe & Tombs,  url p. 47.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 214, p. 247.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 22.
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 64.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 67.
- British fungus-flora. A classified text-book of mycology. By George Massee. London, G. Bell & sons, 1892-95. url p. 345, p. 345.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 298, p. 298, p. 324, p. 324.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , .
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1922 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 540, p. 8.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 55.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1909 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 13, p. 273, p. 432.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 55, p. 97.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 7 1880 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 123, p. 158, plate 312, p. 400, p. 87.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 133.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 114, p. 179.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , p. 1762, p. 2046.
- Catalogue of the flora of Vermont, including phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants growing without cultivation. Burlington, [Vt.]Free Press Association, 1888. url .
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 262, p. 431.
- Chapters in popular natural history. By Sir John Lubbock, Bart.. .. Arranged as an advanced reading book for use in elementary and higher schools. London: National Society's Depository,  url p. vii.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 109.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url , p. 77.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , .
- Contributions from the Herbarium of Columbia College. New York: Columbia College, 1886-1896. url p. 158.
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 551.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 190, p. 191, p. 378, p. 379.
- Contributions to the flora and fauna of Repton and neighbourhood. London, Bemrose, 1881. url p. 11.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 136, p. 55.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 16.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 264, p. 334.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url , p. 183, p. 336.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 369.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 301.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Elements of the philosophy of plants: containing the principles of scientific botany. .. with a history of the science, and practical illustrations. By A. P. de Candolle and K. Sprengel. Tr. from the German. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood, 1821. url p. 409.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url , .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 200, p. 201.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 118.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1275, p. 864.
- Farming industries of Cape Colony. By Robert Wallace. .. With 81 full-page plates, 14 maps, 6 plans, and 92 illustrations in the text. London: P. S. King and son; [etc.], 1896. url p. 537, p. 537.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 115.
- Ferns and flowering plants of South Dakota. Sioux Falls, S.D.: W.A. Beach, 1899 url p. 166.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 144.
- Flora calpensis; contributions to the botany and topography of Gibraltar, and its neighbourhood. By E. F. Kelaart. London, J. van Voorst, 1846. url p. 89.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 56.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 56.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 53, p. 61, p. 73.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url .
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 162.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 358, p. 419, p. 451, p. 464, p. 71.
- Flora of Marlborough; with notices of birds and a sketch of the geological features of the neighborhood. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1863. url p. 20.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url .
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1949 Chicago, [Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 520.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 72.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 198.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 190, p. 191.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 424, p. 598, p. 68, p. 88.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 42.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url , .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 228, p. 229.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 659, p. 660.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 379.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 379.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 414.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 571.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url , .
- Florula Bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 275.
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 275.
- Flowers of the field, by the late Rev. C. A. Johns. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url .
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 127.
- Flowers, fruits and leaves. London, Macmillan, 1888. url , p. 59, p. 60.
- Flowers, fruits and leaves. London: Macmillan, 1886. url , , .
- Forestry. London: W. Rider, [1883-1886]. url p. 259.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 507.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 89, p. 92, p. 93.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url , .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 213, p. 229.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 3489.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 3 1860 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. 56, p. 57, p. lix, p. xc, p. xcvii.
- Hooker, W. J. Botanical miscellany. London: J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 160.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 192.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 48.
- Illustrations of the New Zealand flora / edited by T.F. Cheeseman with the assistance of W.B. Hemsley; the plates drawn by Matilda Smith. Wellington: John Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1914. url p. 111.
- Index of British plants according to the London catalogue... London: G. Bell, 1889. url p. 91.
- Introduction to botanic teachings at the schools of Victoria, through references to leading native plants / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: John Ferres, Govt. Printer, 1877. url p. 148, p. 78.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 92.
- Journal of a tour in Marocco and the Great Atlas, London, Macmillan and co., 1878. url p. 114.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 104, p. 108, p. 12, p. 13, p. 14, p. 142, p. 145, p. 162, p. 18, p. 20, p. 200, p. 248, p. 25, p. 264, p. 273, p. 283, p. 296, p. 308, p. 312, p. 336, p. 340, p. 344, p. 358, p. 394, p. 402, p. 43, p. 44, p. 446, p. 7, p. 86, p. 92.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 137.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 160, p. 98.
- Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. London:Royal Agricultural Society of England [etc.], 1840-2002. url p. 78.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 283.
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 156.
- Lake Superior: its physical character, vegetation, and animals, compared with those of other and similar regions. By Louis Agassiz. With a narrative of the tour, by J. Elliot Cabot. And contributions by other scientific gentlemen. .. Boston, Gould, Kendall and Lincoln, 1850. url p. 156, p. 156.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url .
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 79.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 79.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 19, p. 79.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 519.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 209.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1851. url .
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1101, p. 1103, p. 88, p. 89.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book Co., c1889. url p. 104.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 573, p. 574.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 744.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 198, p. 595.
- Memoir and correspondence of the late Sir James Edward Smith, Ed. by Lady Smith. London, Longman, Rees, Orne Brown, Green and Longman, 1832. url p. 295.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 369.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 414.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 9 1900 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 53.
- Memoirs read before the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, [Boston Society of Natural History]1862-1946. url p. 104.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 189, p. 256.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 144, p. 412.
- Mémoires. Bruxelles, The Society. url p. 221.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 120, p. 120.
- Nature studies (plant life). London, Blackie, 1903. url p. 15.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 313.
- New South Wales: "the mother colony of the Australias." Ed. by Frank Hutchinson. 1896. Sidney: C. Potter, government printer, 1896. url p. 84.
- North American botany; comprising the native and common cultivated plants, north of Mexico. Genera arranged according to the artificial and natural methods. By Amos Eaton. In the present edition the author is associated with John Wright. Troy, N. Y., E. Gates, 1840. url p. 253.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 177, p. 363, p. 38.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url , , .
- Outlines of botany for the high school laboratory and classroom (based on Gray's Lessons in botany) by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt. .. prepared at the request of the Botanical Department of Harvard University. New York, American Book Co. url p. 104.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 103.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 47, p. 6, p. 76.
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url .
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 141.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 79.
- Plants of New Zealand / Christchurch: Whitcombe and Tombs, 1906. url .
- Plants of New Zealand, by R.M. Laing, and E.W. Blackwell. Christchurch, Wellington, and Dunedin, N.Z. [etc.]Whitcombe and Tombs, 1907. url p. 215.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 89.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url p. 159.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 164.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1067.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 222.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 44.
- Proceedings of the Bristol Naturalists' Society. Bristol: The Society, 1863-1912. url p. 8.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 629.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 851, p. 853, p. 855.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , , , , , , , p. 151, p. 154, p. 185, p. 195, p. 197, p. 198, p. 21, p. 286, p. 296, p. 326, p. 335, p. 336, p. 352, p. 352, p. 358, p. 361, p. 37, p. 516, p. 56, p. 618, p. 618, p. 619, p. 619, p. 628, p. 699, p. 71, p. 936.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 26.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 46, p. 568, p. 686, p. 75, p. 88, p. 9.
- Proceedings. London. url p. 604.
- Report of the Australian Association for the advancement of Science. Sidney, The Association. url p. 476.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 20, p. 24.
- Report. Harpenden [etc.]Lawes Agricultural Trust [etc.] url p. 12, p. 12.
- Report. Victoria, B.C. url p. 23.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 163, p. 164, p. 534, p. 534.
- Reports on the herbaceous plants and on the quadrupeds of Massachusetts: published agreeably to an order of the Legislature by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State. Cambridge: Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, 1840. url p. 73.
- Rust, smut, mildew & mould. An introduction to the study of microscopic fungi, by M.C. Cooke. Illustrated with 269 coloured figures, by J. E. Sowerby. London, W. H. Allen, 1886. url p. 199.
- Rust, smut, mildew, & mould: an introduction to the study of microscopic fungi / by M.C. Cooke. London: R. Hardwicke, 1872. url p. 193.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 102.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 110, p. 129.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 659, p. 660.
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 53.
- Spicilegium florae Maroccanae / by John Ball. London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1878. url p. 383, p. 753.
- Spring flora of Ohio consisting of descriptions of the early native flowering plants. .. by W. A. Kellerman...Published by the author. Columbus, Ohio, J. L. Trauger1895. url p. 72.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 289.
- The American botanist and florist, including lessons in the structure, life growth of plants, together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the American uni New York, Barnes[n.d.] url p. 68.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants; together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the America By Alphonso Wood. .. Chicago, A. S. Barnes & Company, 1873 [c1870] url p. 68.
- The American journal of science. 23 (2) 1857 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 81.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 177, p. 177, p. 18.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 104, p. 110, p. 163, p. 168, p. 179, p. 227, p. 228, p. 228, p. 239, p. 37, p. 55, p. 82, p. 96.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 443.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url .
- The Bulletin of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture. Raleigh: State Board of Agriculture, [1907- url p. 11, p. 7, p. 8.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 23.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 30.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 336.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 241.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 308, p. 367, p. 559.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1844 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 625, p. 839, p. 965.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1841 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 633.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 110, p. 207, p. 478, p. 533.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 40 1980 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 397.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 115, p. 188, p. 60.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 142, p. 42, p. 42, p. 469.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 568.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 30 1895 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 260, p. 753.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 453.
- The Manchester flora: a descriptive list of the plants growing wild within eighteen miles of Manchester, with notices of the plants commonly cultivated in gardens; preceded by an introduction to botany, by L. H. Grindon. London, W. White, 1859. url p. 103.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 105, p. 192, p. 215, p. 31, p. 353, p. 53, p. 55, p. 94.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 298.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 298.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 316, p. 414.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 143, p. 176, p. 201, p. 206, p. 254, p. 313, p. 315, p. 326, p. 377, p. 505, p. 61, p. 67.
- The Popular science monthly New York: D. Appleton url p. 164.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 164.
- The Queensland flora: Queensland, Printed by H. J. Diddams & co., 1899-1902. url .
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 130, p. 135, p. 144.
- The Scottish botanical review. Edinburgh: Neill & Co., 1912. url p. 158.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 120, p. 363, p. 59.
- The Tasmanian flora. Hobart, Tasmania, J. Vail, Govt. Printer, 1903. url , .
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 100, p. 100, p. 104, p. 104, p. 113, p. 138, p. 138, p. 146, p. 157, p. 161, p. 177, p. 178, p. 73.
- The agricultural gazette of New South Wales. Sydney, C. Potter, Govt. Printer [etc.]. url p. 698.
- The anthropology of Iraq. The Upper Euphrates / by Henry Field, Curator of Physical Anthropology. Chicago:Field Museum, 1940 url p. 176, p. 194, p. 197.
- The blessed birds; or, Highways and byways, by Eldridge Eugene Fish. Buffalo, N.Y., O. Ulbrich url p. 131.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 150.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 125.
- The catalogue of the Public Library of Victoria. Melbourne: Fergusson and Moore, printers, 1880. url p. lx.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 174, p. 180, p. 197, p. 342.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 156.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 104, p. 117, p. 119.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 39.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 200, p. 200.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 22.
- The forage plants of Australia (with illustrations) By F. Turner, botanist to the Department of Agriculture. [Sydney]: G. S. Chapman, acting Government Printer, 1891. url , , p. 93.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 477.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 139.
- The natural history of plants. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1871-88. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 113, p. 272, p. 321, p. 329, p. 340.
- The nature-study of plants in theory and practice for the hobby-botanist, by Thomas Alfred Dymes, with an introduction by F.E. Weiss. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge;1920. url p. 139, p. 167.
- The phanerogams of the Juan Fernandez Islands. url .
- The rusts of Australia their structure, nature and classification / by D. McAlpine. Melbourne: Robt. S. Brain, government printer1906. url p. 180.
- The rusts of Australia, their structure, nature, and classification. Melbourne, Brain, 1906. url p. 180.
- The students' flora of New Zealand and the outlying islands. Wellington, N. Z., John Mackay, govt. printer url .
- The survey of western Palestine. The fauna and flora of Palestine, by H. B. Tristram. London, The Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund, 1884. url p. 256.
- The tourist's flora: a descriptive catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of the British Islands, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and the Italian islands / London: Reeve and Benham, 1850. url p. 464.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 179, p. 230.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 33.
- The vegetation of the Chatham Islands, Melbourne, J. Ferres, 1864. url .
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 52.
- Transactions and proceedings and report of the Royal Society of South Australia. Adelaide, Australia: The Society, 1880-1889. url p. 105.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1912-1937. url p. 699.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 474.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Naturalists' Field Club. Edinburgh: The Club, 1886. url p. 299, p. 299.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url p. 371, p. 371.
- Transactions of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex: The Club, 1880-1886. url .
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 144, p. 463, p. 61.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia, Incorporated. Adelaide: The Society, 1880- url p. 36, p. 55, p. 90.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 106.
- Vegetable technology; a contribution towards a bibliography of economic botany, with a comprehensive subject-index. By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. Founded upon the collections of George James Symons, F. R. S. London, Pub. for the Index society, by Longmans, Green & co. [etc.]1882. url p. 302, p. 475.
- Vorlesungen über Pflanzenphysiologie. Jena, G. Fischer, 1904. url p. 97.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 134, p. 167, p. 214, p. 233.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 134, p. 167, p. 214, p. 233.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1892 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 344.
- [Collected reprints, 1895-1916. s.l., s.n., 19--] url , , , , , .
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed April 30, 2012.
- Geranium Taxonomic Information System, Nov 2006
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 17, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 37 providers.
- RJB Geranium: Geranium Taxonomic Information System. Release date: May 27, 2008
- RJB Geranium
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Dec 27, 2011.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 28, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 17, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Herbarium Willing
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- NLBIF, Limnodata
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- Steiermärkisches Landesmuseum Joanneum - Herbarium GJO, Herbarium GJO
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum, Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Vegetation surveys of coastal shingle in Great Britain
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2652492
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Ger-5
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5341511
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:101669-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 411
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 29135
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 30210528
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDGER020B0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: GELA4
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 40642
- Yasin J Nasir "Geranium". in Flora of Pakistan . Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Standard Deviation = 463.270 based on 68,761 observations. Terrestrial altitude and ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]