- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Phylum: Rhodophyta () - Wettstein, 1922 - Red Algae
- Subkingdom: Biliphyta () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Name Status: Accepted Name .
Members of the genus Gelidium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 10 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
G. amansii (Tengusa-Agar) · G. japonicum (Onikusa) · G. pacificum (Obusa) · G. pusillum (Hai-Ten-Gusa) · G. pusillum cylindricum (Hai-Ten-Gusa) · G. pusillum mucronatum (Hai-Ten-Gusa) · G. pusillum pacificum (Hai-Ten-Gusa) · G. pusillum pulvinatum (Hai-Ten-Gusa) · G. pusillum simplex (Hai-Ten-Gusa) · G. vagum (Tocoroten)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the British marine algae: being a list of all the species of seaweeds known to occur on the shores of the British Islands. .. / by E.A.L. Batters. [S.l.: s.n.], 1902 url p. 99.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 157, p. 4, p. 407.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 276.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 282, p. 282.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 10 1899 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 185.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. 10 1855 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 99.
- Annual report of the Laguna Marine Laboratory / Pomona College. Claremont, Calif.: Dept. of Biology, Pomona College, 1912- url p. 207.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 40.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 40.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. 1879 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 267, p. 615.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 114, p. 215, p. 216, p. 221, p. 226, p. 258, p. 268, p. 92, p. 93.
- Bulletin of the Natural History Museum. London: The Natural History Museum, c1993-2002. url p. 122.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 65.
- Catalogue of the collection to illustrate the animal resources and the fisheries of the United States, exhibited at Philadelphia in 1876 by the Smithsonian Institution and the United States Fish Commission, and forming a part of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 316.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 316.
- Ecological effects of an artificial island, Rincon Island, Punta Gorda, California / by G.F. Johnson and L.A. deWit; prepared for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center. Fort Belvoir, Va.: Available from National Technical Information Service,  url p. 21, p. 87.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 72.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 148.
- First annual report of the Laguna Marine Laboratory at Laguna Beach, Orange County, California. Claremont, Calif., Dept. of Biology, Pomona College, 1912. url p. 207.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 514.
- Hooker, W. J. & G. A. W. Arnott. The botany of Captain Beechey's voyage;comprising an acount of the plants collected by Messrs. Lay and Collie, and other officers of the expedition, during the voyage to the Pacific and Behring's Strait, performed in His Majesty's ship Blossom, under the command of Captain F. W. Beechey. .. in the years 1825, 26, 27, and 28.By Sir William Jackson Hooker. .. and G. A. Walker Arnott. .. 1841 London, H. G. Bohn, 1841. url p. 164, p. 462.
- Icones of Japanese algae. Tokyo, Kazamashobo[1907-1942] url p. 103.
- Industrial fishery technology: a survey of methods for domestic harvesting, preservation, and processing of fish used for food and for industrial products New York: Reinhold, 1963. url p. 244.
- Introduction to cryptogamic botany. London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc]1857. url .
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 31 1893 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 172, p. 305.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 389.
- Marine products of commerce; their acquisition, handling, biological aspects, and the science and techology of their preparation and preservation, by Donald K. Tressler and James McW. Lemon in collaboration with Alexander E. Alexander [and others] New York, Book Division, Reinhold, 1951. url p. 64, p. 69, p. 71, p. 72, p. 77, p. 772, p. 82.
- Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: The Academy, 1868- url p. 37.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 15 1914 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 95.
- Miyabe-festschrift, or A collection of botanical papers presented to Prof. Dr. Kingo Miyabe on the occasion of the twenty-fifth anniversary of his academic service by his friends and pupils. Tokio, Rokumeikwan, 1911. url p. 306.
- Narrative of the expedition of an American squadron to the China Seas and Japan: performed in the years 1852, 1853, and 1854, under the command of Commodore M.C. Perry, United States Navy, by order of the Government of the United States / Compiled from the original notes and journals of Commodore Perry and his officers, at his request, and under his supervision, by Francis L. Hawks. Washington: Beverley Tucker, printer, 1856. url , p. 331.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1945 San Diego, The Society. url p. 37, p. 38.
- Pharmacographia Indica.by William Dymock, C.J.H. Warden, and David Hooper. 1890-1893 London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co., 1893. url p. 27.
- Phycologia Britannica, or, A history of British sea-weeds: containing coloured figures, generic and specific characters, synonymes, and descriptions of all the species of algae inhabiting the shores of the British Islands / by William Henry Harvey. London: Reeve Brothers, 1846-1851. url , , .
- Phycologia australica; or, A history of Australian sea weeds. .. and a synopsis of all known Australian Algae. .. By William Henry Harvey. London, L. Reeve, 1858-63. url .
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 18.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 237, p. 239, p. 361.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 488.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. London, J. and A. Churchill [etc.] url p. 99.
- Rambles in search of flowerless plants. By Margaret Plues. London, Journal of horticulture & cottage gardener office; [etc., etc.]1864. url p. 158.
- Report of the Commissioner for. .. / United States Commission of Fish and Fisheries. Washington: G.P.O., 1874-1905. url .
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 281.
- Sea mosses, a collector's guide and an introduction to the study of marine Algae. By A. B. Hervey. 1893 Boston, B. Whidden, 1893. url p. 186.
- Smithsonian contributions to knowledge. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1848-1916. url p. 117, p. 12.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 348.
- Survey of Marine Fisheries of North Carolina / by Harden F. Taylor and a staff of associates. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1951. url , .
- Symposium on Marine Microbiology; [papers] Compiled and edited by Carl. H. Oppenheimer. Springfield, Ill., Thomas url p. 590, p. 592, p. 751.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 27 1891 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 547.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 215.
- The algae. London, Macmillan;1962. url p. 448.
- The marine Algæ of the Danish West Indies. Copenhagen, Printed by B. Luno, 1913-20. url p. 372.
- The metabolism of algae. London, Methuen; url p. 112.
- The ocean. By P. H. Gosse. .. London, Society for promoting Christian knowledge[pref. 1845] url p. 45.
- The role of algae and plankton in medicine [by] Morton Schwimmer and David Schwimmer. New York, Grune & Stratton, 1955. url p. 16.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 16, 2012.