Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Arabic:
Common Names in Azerbaijani:
Common Names in Catalan, Valencian:
Common Names in Croatian:
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
lady's bedstraw, yellow bedstraw, yellow spring bedstraw
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Caille lait jaune, gaillet jaune, gaillet vrai
Common Names in Galician:
Common Names in Georgian:
Common Names in German:
Echtes Labkraut, Gelbes Labkraut
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Korean:
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Norwegian Nynorsk:
Common Names in Persian (Farsi):
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Serbian:
Common Names in Swedish:
The Rubiaceae are trees , shrubs , or infrequently herbs comprising about 450 genera and 6,500 species, including some lianous forms. The leaves are simple and usually entire, and are opposite or sometimes whorled ; stipules are present and interpetiolar . The flowers are nearly always bisexual and actinomorphic , often heterostylous, and usually are in cymose inflorescences. The calyx is mostly somewhat reduced and 4-5-lobed or sometimes the lobes are obsolete or rarely one of them greatly expanded and brightly colored . The sympetalous corolla is mostly 4-5-lobed, occasionally with 3 or up to 10 lobes. The androecium consists of as many stamens as corolla lobes and is adnate to the corolla tube or epigynous zone, alternate with the lobes. The gynoecium consists of a single compound pistil of 2 or seldom more carpels, a single style, and a nearly always inferior ovary with the number of locules equaling the number of carpels, each with 1-many axile ovules. An epigynous nectary disk is usually present. The fruit is variable, sometimes forming multiples . -- Gerald Carr.
Habit: Evergreen .
Flowers: Dense clusters of tiny, fragrant flowers bloom in April, May, June, July. • Bloom Period: June, July, August, September. • Flower Color: yellow
Growth Rate: Moderate growth of perimeter spread . • Size: 18-24" tall.
Landscape Uses: Excellent for shady rock garden. Beautiful groundcover for partial shade and moist, loamy soil. Mass planting . Embankments . Borders . Naturalized areas. • Care: Deer resistant. Drought tolerant (will seem to die back, but will recover when moisture returns). Low maintenance . Can be grown under black walnut trees . Deadhead to prevent self-sowing, if you wish to prevent volunteers. Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system . Control weeds until the plants have filled in. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer .
Culture: Space 12-15" apart.
Soil: Needs good organic , moist, well-drained soil. Tolerates average, well-drained, dry, thin soils. • Minimum pH: 6.6 • Maximum pH: 8.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun .
Moisture: Water Requirements: Water regularly, before top 3 in. of soil becomes dry, particularly in hot dry summers.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b. (map)
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Asteranae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 11-Nov-2003
Members of the genus Galium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 148 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
G. album (Hedge Bedstraw) · G. ambiguum ambiguum (Yolla Bolly Bedstraw) · G. andrewsii (Phlox-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. andrewsii intermedium (Phloxleaf Bedstraw) · G. anglicum (English Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium (Narrow-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium angustifolium (Narrowleaf Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium foliosum (Borrego Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium gracillimum (Narrowleaf Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium onycense (Narrowleaf Bedstraw) · G. aparine (Bedstraw) · G. aparine aparine (Catchweed Bedstraw) · G. argense (Argus Bedstraw) · G. aristatum (Awned Bedstraw) · G. arkansanum (Arkansas Bedstraw) · G. asprellum (Rough Bedstraw) · G. bermudense (Coast Bedstraw) · G. bifolium (Low Mountain Bedstraw) · G. bolanderi (Bolander's Bedstraw) · G. boreale (Northern Bedstraw) · G. brevipes (Limestone Swamp Bedstraw) · G. buxifolium (Box Bedstraw) · G. californicum (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum californicum (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum luciense (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum maritimum (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum miguelense (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum primum (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum sierrae (California Bedstraw) · G. catalinense (Catalina Bedstraw) · G. ciliare (Hairy Bedstraw) · G. circaezans (Forest Bedstraw) · G. clementis (Santa Lucia Bedstraw) · G. cliftonsmithii (Santa Barbara Bedstraw) · G. collomiae (Fossil Hill Creek Bedstraw) · G. coloradoense (Colorado Bedstraw) · G. concinnum (Shining Bedstraw) · G. correllii (Cliff Bedstraw) · G. cruciatum (Crosswort) · G. debile (Slender Marsh Bedstraw) · G. desereticum (Desert Bedstraw) · G. divaricatum (Lamarck's Bedstraw) · G. emeryense (Emery County Bedstraw) · G. emeryense protoscabriusculum (Emery County Bedstraw) · G. ferrugineum ferrugineum (Fendler's Bedstraw) · G. filipes (Slender Stalk Bedstraw) · G. foliosum (Narrowleaf Bedstraw) · G. gaudichaudii (Rough Bedstraw) · G. glabrescens (Castle Lake Bedstraw) · G. glaucum (Waxy Bedstraw) · G. grande (San Gabriel Bedstraw) · G. grayanum (Gray's Bedstraw) · G. grayanum Ehrend. var. grayanum Ehrend. (Gray's Bedstraw) · G. grayanum Ehrend. var. nanum Dempster & Ehrend. (Gray's Bedstraw) · G. hallii (Hall's Bedstraw) · G. hardhamiae (Hardham's Bedstraw) · G. hilendiae (Hilend's Bedstraw) · G. humifusum (Spreading Bedstraw) · G. hypotrichium (Alpine Bedstraw) · G. hypotrichium inyoense (Alpine Bedstraw) · G. hypotrichium nevadense (Alpine Bedstraw) · G. hypotrichium tomentellum (Alpine Bedstraw) · G. jepsonii (Jepson Bedstraw) · G. johnstonii (Johnston Bedstraw) · G. kamtischaticum (Boreal Bedstraw) · G. kamtschaticum (Boreal Bedstraw) · G. labradoricum (Bog Bedstraw) · G. laevipes (Smooth Bedstraw) · G. lanceolatum (Lance-Leaf Wild Licorice) · G. latifolium (Purple Bedstraw) · G. magnifolium (Large-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. matthewsii (Bushy Bedstraw) · G. mexicanum (Mexican Bedstraw) · G. mexicanum asperrimum (Mexican Bedstraw) · G. mexicanum flexicum (Mexican Bedstraw) · G. mexicanum mexicanum (Mexican Bedstraw) · G. microphyllum (Bracted Bedstraw) · G. mollugo (False Baby's Breath) · G. mollugo mollugo (False Baby's Breath) · G. multiflorum (Many-Flower Bedstraw) · G. munzii (Munz Bedstraw) · G. munzii ambivalens (Munz's Bedstraw) · G. munzii munzii (Munz's Bedstraw) · G. murale (Wall Bedstraw) · G. muricatum (Humboldt Bedstraw) · G. nuttallii (Climbing Bedstraw) · G. nuttallii insulare (Climbing Bedstraw) · G. nuttallii nuttallii (Climbing Bedstraw) · G. obtusum (Blunt Leaved Bedstraw) · G. obtusum australe (Blunt-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. obtusum filifolium (Blunt-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. obtusum obtusum (Blunt-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. odoratum (Our Ladys Lace) · G. odoratum 'Victor Jones' (False Babys Breath) · G. oreganum (Oregon Bedstraw) · G. orizabense orizabense (Bald Bedstraw) · G. palustre (Common Marsh Bedstraw) · G. palustre elongatum (Common Marsh Bedstraw) · G. palustre subsp. palustre (Common Marsh-Bedstraw) · G. parishii (Parish's Bedstraw)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 43.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 67.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 10, p. 66, p. 73.
- A dictionary of popular names of the plants which furnish the natural and acquired wants of man, in all matters of domestic and general economy. Their history, products, & uses, by John Smith. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 107.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 199.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A further contribution to a comparative study of the dominant phanerogamic and higher cryptogamic flora of aquatic habit in Scottish lakes / by George West. Edinburgh: R. Grant, 1910. url p. 177.
- A glossary of botanic terms with their derivation and accent. By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. London, Duckworth; url p. 323.
- A glossary of botanic terms, with their derivation and accent. London, Duckworth & Co.;1905. url , p. 223.
- A handbook of British Lepidoptera, by Edward Meyrick. London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 207.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 329.
- A natural history of British moths. .. / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: H. E. Knox, 1871. url p. 10, p. 13, p. 170, p. 208, p. 211, p. 227.
- A natural history of the British Lepidoptera: a text-book for students and collectors / by J.W. Tutt. London: S. Sonnenschein, 1899-1904. url p. 143.
- A natural history of the British butterflies; their world-wide variation and geographical distribution. A text-book for students and collectors. London: E. Stock, [19--?] url p. 143, p. 82.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood. With sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from darwings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 84, p. 9.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 84, p. 9.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 105, p. 113, p. 125, p. 142, p. 26.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 76.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 132.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 83.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url , p. 10, p. 101, p. 106, p. 112, p. 12, p. 122, p. 122, p. 129, p. 136, p. 140, p. 142, p. 142, p. 151, p. 157, p. 158, p. 159, p. 16, p. 160, p. 161, p. 164, p. 168, p. 169, p. 170, p. 171, p. 171, p. 172, p. 173, p. 176, p. 18, p. 180, p. 194, p. 203, p. 210, p. 221, p. 228, p. 245, p. 252, p. 27, p. 29, p. 292, p. 299, p. 303, p. 321, p. 322, p. 324, p. 325, p. 326, p. 328, p. 333, p. 334, p. 335, p. 351, p. 352, p. 36, p. 36, p. 37, p. 40, p. 406, p. 41, p. 41, p. 43, p. 43, p. 45, p. 47, p. 472, p. 48, p. 50, p. 56, p. 61, p. 62, p. 62, p. 65, p. 66, p. 66, p. 67, p. 70, p. 72, p. 75, p. 76, p. 78, p. 81, p. 84, p. 9, p. 9, tbl V.
- After wild sheep in the Altai and Mongolia; by E. Demidoff, prince San Donato. London, R. Ward, 1900. url p. 315.
- Agricultural bacteriology; theoretical and practical, by John Percival. London, Duckworth, 1920. url p. 357.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url .
- Alpine flowers for English gardens / by W. Robinson. London: Murray, 1879. url , p. 428, p. 432.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 75.
- An account of the plants collected by Mr. M. P. Price on the Carruthers-Miller-Price Expedition through North-West Mongolia and Chinese Dzungaria in 1910. London, 1913 url .
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 167.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and of the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of by J.C. Loudon. London: Longmans, Green, 1871. url p. 1043, p. 718, p. 749, p. 923.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 500.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 138.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 257, p. 258.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 585, p. 587.
- An illustrated natural history of British moths / by Edward Newman. London: Hardwicke and Bogue,  url p. 155, p. 163, p. 332.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 149, p. 184, p. 184, p. 212, p. 220, p. 220, p. 228, p. 269, p. 307, p. 308, p. 374, p. 39, p. 415, p. 55.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 642.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url , , .
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 16.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 5 1894 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 83.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 208, p. 356, p. 357, p. 373.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 135, p. 138, p. 159, p. 198, p. 85.
- Annual report of the secretary of the State Horticultural Society of Michigan. Lansing: The Society, 1881- url p. 462.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 126, p. 13, p. 40, p. 46, p. 54.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 80.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 704.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url .
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 282, p. 69.
- Augustana Library publications. Rock Island, Ill.: Augustana College and Theological Seminary, 1898-1981. url p. 96.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1 - 10 1908 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 20.
- Biltmore Nursery, Biltmorse, N.C. [North Carolina?: The Nursery?], c1912 url p. 117.
- Blakeney Point, Norfolk: topography and vegetation / F. W. Oliver and E. J. Salisbury. London: F.T. Smith, 1913. url p. 33, p. 43, p. 46, p. 50.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 208, p. 41.
- Botanical names for English readers / by Randal H. Alcock. London: L. Reeve, 1876. url p. 130.
- Botanical names of the wild flowers. What they mean. How pronounced. London: Holden & Hardingham, [1917?] url p. 125, p. 37.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 219, p. 254.
- British flowering plants. By W. F. Kirby. With 120 coloured plates, showing the most important characters of each plant figured; and 119 illustrations in the text. London, Sidney Appleton, 1906. url p. 187, p. 196, p. 200, p. 86.
- British fungi. Phycomycetes and Ustilagineae. By George Massee. London, L. Reeve and Co., 1891. url p. 117.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url p. 158.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 259, p. 259, p. 282, p. 282, p. 326.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url .
- British vegetable galls, an introduction to their study, by Edward T. Connold. .. Illustrated with one hundred and thirty full-page plates and twenty-seven smaller drawings. London, Hutchinson & co., 1901. url , p. 136.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 679.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 667.
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url , p. 356, p. 357.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1907 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 168, p. 186, p. 296.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 284.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: The Society, 1874- url p. 91, p. 91.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 147.
- Butterflies and moths (British) / by W. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, 1897. url p. 208.
- Butterflies and moths (British) by W. Furneaux. .. London, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1894. url p. 208, p. 252.
- By meadow, grove and stream: an introduction to nature study / by Henry Hilton Brown. .. London: Religious Tract Society, [1907?] url .
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 176, p. 62, p. 67.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 12.
- Catalogue of local botanical and palæontological specimens prepared by the Hamilton Association, 1896-97. S.l.: s.n., 1897? url .
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url , .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 252, p. 587.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 24, p. 252, p. 587.
- Catalogue of the Hemiptera (Heteroptera) with biological and anatomical references, lists of foodplants and parasites, etc. prefaced by a discussion on nomenclature, and an analytical table of families, by G. W. Kirkaldy. Berlin, F. L. Dames, 1909- url p. 227.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 362.
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Michigan, indigenous, naturalized, and adventive. By Chas. F. Wheeler and Erwin F. Smith. Lansing, W. S. George, 1881. url p. 38.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Class-book of botany: being outlines of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co.; 1874, c1869. url p. 399.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 89, p. 91.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 92.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 28 1943 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 662.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 141.
- Cryptogamic plants of the USSR. (Flora sporovykh rastenii SSSR) Translated from Russian. Jerusalem[Published for the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 19 - url p. 113.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United States and Canada, together with geo by L.H. Bailey assisted by Wilhelm Miller, PH. D., associate editor, and many expert cultivators and botanists. Illustrated with nearly three thousand engravings and one hundred and forty-five full-pa New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1906. url p. 624.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 128, p. 271, p. 70.
- Darwinism: an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications / by Alfred Russel Wallace. London; Macmillan, 1891. url p. 206.
- Darwinism; an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London and New York, Macmillan and co., 1889. url p. 206.
- Descriptive notes on the topography and vegetation of some localities visited by the excursion in Denmark arranged for the members of l'Association internationale des botanistes, June 22nd-July 3rd, 1 Ed. by the Dansk botanisk forening. København, Dansk botanisk forenings forlag, 1913. url p. 21, p. 6.
- Diseases of plants induced by cryptogamic parasites: introduction to the study of pathogenic Fungi, slime-Fungi, bacteria, & Algae / London; Longmans, Green & co., 1897. url .
- Edmonston's flora of Shetland: comprehending a list of the prevalent wild-flowers, horse-tails, club-mosses and ferns of the Shetland Isles. Edinburgh; Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, 1903. url p. 68.
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url , p. 214.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 120.
- Essays in geobotany in honor of William Albert Setchell, edited by T.H. Goodspeed. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1936. url p. 5, p. 7.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 194, p. 264.
- Everyday objects; or, Picturesque aspects of natural history. .. London, W.P. Nimmo, 1876. url p. 321.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1049, p. 1071, p. 1201.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 330, p. 376.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 330, p. 376.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 442, p. 577.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 542.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 367.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , .
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 108, p. 453, p. 473.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1092, p. 875.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 830, p. 831.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 109, p. 63.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 291.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 158, p. 273, p. 45.
- Flowers of the field, by the late Rev. C. A. Johns. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url p. 235, p. 236.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url .
- Forestry. London: W. Rider, [1883-1886]. url p. 263.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 185.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 262, p. 314.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Genesis and development of sand formations on marine coasts, Rock Island, Ill., Augustana Book Concern, Printers, 1910. url .
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 747, p. 747.
- Gray's new manual of botany: a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada / Asa Gray; rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New York: American Book Company, c1908. url p. 747.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 102, p. 139, p. 266, p. 287, p. 420, p. 449, p. 478.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 76.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 76.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 497.
- Handbook for Southport: medical and general, with copious notices of the natural history of the district / edited by Edward Day McNicoll. Southport [Eng.]: R. Johnson, 1883. url p. 74.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 544, p. 545, p. 545, p. 549, p. 550, p. 554, p. 555, p. 559, p. 561, p. 562, p. 565, p. 566, p. 576, p. 89, p. viii.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url p. 88.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url , .
- Handbook of the wild and cultivated flowering plants, by Chester Arthur Darling... Syracuse andThe Mason-Henry press,  url p. 18.
- Handbook to the natural history of Cambridgeshire, ed. by J.E. Marr. .. and A.E. Shipley. .. Cambridge, University press, 1904. url p. 219.
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, by Helen R. Albee; illustrated from photographs. New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , .
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 215.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 212.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 282, p. 438.
- Ichneumonologia britannica. The ichneumons of Great Britain; a descriptive account of the families, genera and species indigenous to the British islands, together with notes as to classifiation, localitites, habitats, host, etc. By Claude Morley. Plymouth: J.H. Keys, 1903-1914. url p. 127.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Index of British plants according to the London catalogue... London: G. Bell, 1889. url p. 90.
- Insecta transvaaliensia; a contribution to the entomology of South Africa, by W.L. Distant, in collaboration with Chr. Aurivillius, Malcolm Burr, C.J. Gahan, Karl Jordan, and W.F. Kirby. 27 platesand 59 text-figures. London: F. Edwards [etc.], 1924. url p. 72.
- Insects at home, being a popular account of those insects which are useful or destructive and minutely describing their structure, habits, etc. New York, Alden, 1884. url p. 459.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 400.
- Island life: or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates / London: Macmillan, 1911. url p. 515.
- Isle of Wight disease in hive bees Edinburgh, Robert Grant & Son, 1921. url .
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 106.
- Journal of the International Garden Club. New York, International garden club. url p. 359.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 35 1934 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 146.
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 10, p. 102, p. 34, p. 60, p. 63, p. 68, p. 75, p. 76, p. 79, p. 9.
- Lawns and gardens. How to plant and beautify the home lot, the pleasure ground and garden, by N. Jönsson-Rose. With numerous plans and illustrations by the author. New York, G. P. Putnam, 1897. url p. 318.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 40, p. 47, p. 512.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 304.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , , , , , , p. 111, p. 126, p. 131, p. 136, p. 150.
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by the late Charles Cardale Babington. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1904. url p. 187.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 864, p. 865.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 371.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url , , p. 10, p. 154, p. 40.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 186.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 108, p. 137.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 254.
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 64.
- Miyabe-festschrift, or A collection of botanical papers presented to Prof. Dr. Kingo Miyabe on the occasion of the twenty-fifth anniversary of his academic service by his friends and pupils. Tokio, Rokumeikwan, 1911. url p. 334.
- Monographs in systematic botany from the Missouri Botanical Garden. 73 1999 [St. Louis, Mo.]: Missouri Botanical Garden, 1978- url p. 61.
- More beetles, by J. Henri Fabre, tr. by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos. .. New York: Dodd, Mead and Company, 1922. url p. 228, p. 319.
- More beetles. Translated by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos. New YorkDodd, Mead1922 url p. 228, p. 318, p. 319.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 13, p. 17, p. 35.
- Natural science. London: Macmillan & Co., [1892-1899] url , p. 13.
- Natural science: a monthly review of scientific progress. London [etc.]: Macmillan and Company [etc.], [1892-1899] url p. 104, p. 13.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 12.
- Norfolk, by William A. Dutt, with special articles on the bird life, botany, entomology, geology, fishing, shooting, etc., of the county, by the Rev. R.C. Nightingale, H.D. Geldart, Claude Morley, F.E.S., F.W. London, J.M. Dent & Co., 1900. url p. 212.
- Northern bog lemming survey, 1993: a report to USDA Forest Service / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1994. url .
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 154, p. 162, p. 173.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 266.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 266.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 117.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 64.
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url .
- Pharmaceutical bacteriology, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co., 1920. url , p. 224.
- Pharmaceutical bacteriology, by Albert Schneider. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son, 1920. url p. 224.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 325, p. 770.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 500.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 30, p. 31.
- Plant life on the farm. By Maxwell T. Masters. .. New York, Orange and Judd company, 1885. url p. 105, p. 99.
- Plant life on the farm. New York, Orange Judd Co., 1885. url , .
- Plant life. London, Vinton url , .
- Plant lore, legends, and lyrics. Embracing the myths, traditions, superstitions, and folk-lore of the plant kingdom. By Richard Folkard, jun. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, and Rivington, 1884. url p. 249, p. 402, p. 41, p. 43.
- Plant-life on land considered in some of its biological aspects / by F. O. Bower. Cambridge, [Eng.]University Press,  url p. 168.
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url p. 360.
- Plant-life, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos, by the author and 50 in colour from drawings London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url .
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 153.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 153.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 173, p. 185, p. 288, p. 54, p. 69.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. 158, p. xix.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. 89, p. xx.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 45.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 102, p. 13, p. 22.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 148, p. 33.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 228.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 23.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 48, p. 94, p. 94.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 38.
- Report and Transactions of the Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists Glasgow:Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists, 1873-77. url p. 160.
- Report of observations of injurious insects and common farm pests, during the year. ..: with methods of prevention and remedy. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., 1885-1901? url p. 152, p. 48.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 191.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , , p. 936, p. 940.
- Report of the flora of Westchester County. Prepared for Bolton's History of the County. New YorkRoper & Burdge, 1880? url p. 791.
- Rust, smut, mildew & mould. An introduction to the study of microscopic fungi. London, W. H. Allen, 1902. url , .
- Rust, smut, mildew & mould; an introduction to the study of microscopic fungi / by M.C. Cooke; illustrated with 269 coloured figures by J.E. Sowerby. 1898 London: W.H. Allen, 1898. url p. 15, p. 196.
- Rust, smut, mildew, & mould: an introduction to the study of microscopic fungi / by M.C. Cooke. London: R. Hardwicke, 1872. url p. 15, p. 192, p. 209.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 132.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 184, p. 306.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 116.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 579.
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 48, p. 53.
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url .
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 646.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 37.
- Studies in parasitology and general zoology, [Aberdeen]University1923 url p. 211.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 285.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 160.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / [London]: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1912. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 50.
- Synoptical flora of North America: the Gamopetalæ, being a second edition of vol. I, part II, and vol. II, part I, collected. London, Iverson, Blakeman, Taylor, and Company;1886. url .
- Technical mycology, the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures, with an introduction by E.C. Hansen, tr. by Charles T.C. Salter. London, Griffin, 1910- url p. 108.
- Technical mycology; the utilization of micro-organisms in the arts and manufactures. A practical handbook on fermentation and fermentative processes, for the use of brewers and distillers, analysts, technical and agricultural chemists, pharmacists, and all interested in the industries London: C. Griffin, 1910-1911. url p. 108.
- Text book of milk hygiene, Chicago, A. Eger, 1914. url p. 137.
- Text book of milk hygiene, by Dr. William Ernst. .. authorized translation with annotations and revisions, by Dr. John R. Mohler. .. and Dr. Adolph Eichhorn. .. with 29 illustrations and 5 colored plates. Chicago, A. Eger, 1914. url p. 143.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1313.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants; together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the America By Alphonso Wood. .. Chicago, A. S. Barnes & Company, 1873 [c1870] url p. 148.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 116, p. 170, p. 173, p. 228, p. 39, p. 39, p. 39, p. 59, p. 86.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 424, p. 424, p. 424.
- The Biochemical journal. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 121, p. 125.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 443.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , .
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 62 1948 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 89.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url , , p. 11, p. 115, p. 126, p. 128, p. 13, p. 14, p. 14, p. 167, p. 17, p. 171, p. 203, p. 213, p. 231, p. 241, p. 245, p. 247, p. 247, p. 249, p. 272, p. 274, p. 275, p. 275, p. 288, p. 290, p. 300, p. 312, p. 43, p. 47, p. 53, p. 7, p. 93, p. 94.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url , p. 108, p. 108, p. 152, p. 190, p. 208, p. 250, p. 257, p. 267, p. 268, p. 268, p. 274, p. 278, p. 288, p. 291, p. 296, p. 306, p. 348, p. 35, p. 95, p. 95, p. 98.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 1054.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 100, p. 107, p. 160, p. 2, p. 211, p. 351, p. 383, p. 392, p. 392, p. 395, p. 442, p. 498.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 104, p. 104, p. 109, p. 112, p. 121, p. 122, p. 123, p. 148, p. 155, p. 155, p. 160, p. 172, p. 185, p. 228, p. 26, p. 304, p. 330, p. 40, p. 507, p. 516, p. 562, p. 60, p. 64, p. 64, p. 643, p. 66, p. 69, p. 76, p. 776, p. 792, p. 81, p. 82, p. 82, p. 94, p. 96.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 135.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , , p. 100, p. 116, p. 119, p. 199, p. 21, p. 286.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 37, p. 41.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 481.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 110, p. 295, p. 499, p. 542.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 187, p. 57.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 101, p. 103, p. 133, p. 183, p. 200, p. 27, p. 275, p. 291, p. 292, p. 296, p. 33, p. 43, p. 52, p. 56, p. 63, p. 67, p. 96.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 293.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 293.
- The Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1877- url p. 342.
- The Rothamsted experiments on the growth of wheat, barley, and the mixed herbage of grass land. London, H. Cox, 1888. url p. 138.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 137, p. 396, p. 399.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 45.
- The anthropology of Iraq. The Upper Euphrates / by Henry Field, Curator of Physical Anthropology. Chicago:Field Museum, 1940 url p. 176, p. 192.
- The book of the honey bee, London, J. Lane, 1903. url .
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 327, p. 594.
- The carnivorous plants, by Francis Ernest Lloyd. .. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Company, 1942. url p. 161, p. 348.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 815.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 288, p. 289, p. 304, p. 305, p. 320, p. 432.
- The dictionary of science and technical terms used in philosophy, literature, professions, commerce, arts, and trades / by W.M. Buchanan; with supplement edited by James A. Smith. London: G.Bell and Sons, 1884. url p. 219.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , , , , , , , p. 129, p. 131, p. 24, p. 61, p. 88.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 300, p. 301, p. 574, p. 660.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 52.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 259, p. 261.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 3 1882 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 208.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 213, p. 214, p. 215, p. 85.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 213, p. 214, p. 215, p. 85.
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 50.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url .
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 52.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 32.
- The food of some British wild birds: a study in economic ornithology. By Walter E. Collinge. .. London: Dulau & Co., 1913. url p. 58.
- The garden month by month; describing the appearance, color, dates of bloom, height and cultivation of all desirable, hardy herbaceous perennials for the formal or wild garden with additional lists of aquatics, vines, ferns, et by Mabel Cabot Sedgwick assisted by Robert Cameron with over two hundred half-tone engravings from photographs of growing plants, and a chart in colors. New York, F.A. Stokes Co.,  url .
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany. London: Hatchards, 1878. url p. 352.
- The illustrated dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists. Ed. by George Nicholson. Assisted by Professor J. W. H. Trail and J. Garrett. London: L. U. Gill, -89. url p. 43.
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 11, p. 113, p. 118, p. 139, p. 140, p. 166, p. 170, p. 188, p. 190, p. 196, p. 20, p. 28, p. 35, p. 42, p. 49, p. 5, p. 52, p. 62, p. 73, p. 77, p. 90.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 509.
- The moths of the British Isles / by Richard South. London; Frederick Warne & Co., [1920?] url p. 146, p. 39.
- The moths of the British Isles, by Richard South. London, F. Warne & Co., 1907-09. url p. 216.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url p. 527, p. 531.
- The names of herbes, A.D. 1548. Edited, with an introd., an index of English names, and an indentification of the plants enumerated by Turner, LondonPublished for the English Dialect Society by N. Trübner1881 url p. 128.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 206.
- The natural history & antiquities of Selborne in the county of Southampton, by Gilbert White, with illustrations in colour by George Edward Collins... London: Macmillan and co., limited, 1911. url p. 397.
- The natural history of Selborne: with a naturalist's calendar and additional observations. / by Gilbert White; with a preface by Richard Jefferies. London: W. Scott, 1887. url p. 298.
- The natural history of Selborne; with A naturalist's calendar & additional observations; with a pref. by Richard Jefferies. London: Scott, 1887. url p. 300.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; from the German of the late Anton Kerner von Marilaun by F. W. Oliver. With the assistance of Lady Busk, and Mrs. M. F. Macdonald; with about two thousand orginal woodcut illustrations. London, Blackie, 1902. url p. 948.
- The natural history of plants. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1871-88. url .
- The natural history of plants. Translated by Marcus M. Hartog. LondonL. Reeve1871- url p. 372.
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 950.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist's diary: a day-book of meteorology, phenology and rural biology. With a chart showing the blossoming of spring flowers in Europe, and an introduction of natural periodic phenomena, etc. 188-. London, Sonnenschein, Le Bas and Lowrey[pref. 1886] url .
- The nature and origin of living matter, London, T. F. Unwin, 1905. url , .
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 196, p. 247, p. 86.
- The origin of floral structures through insect and other agencies, by the George Henslow. London, K. Paul, Trench, Trübnerco, 1888. url p. 182.
- The origin of floral structures: through insect and other agencies. New York: Appleton, 1888. url .
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 483.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 108.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 11.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1311, p. 74.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , p. 285.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 380.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , , p. 145, p. 206, p. 214, p. 235.
- The vascular flora of the eastern Penobscot Bay region, Maine. [Portland, Maine, 1919. url p. 264.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , , , .
- The vines of northeastern America / by Charles S. Newhall. New York: Putnam, 1897. url p. 98.
- The weekly florists' review. Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co., 1897-1912. url p. 191.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 101, p. 109, p. 126, p. 216, p. 30, p. 48, p. 49, p. 72.
- Transactions - Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 36.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , , , , , , , , , p. 123, p. 155, p. 166, p. 174, p. 18.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 46, p. 90.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 41.
- Transactions of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex: The Club, 1880-1886. url p. 127.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url , p. 124, p. 80, p. 82.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 200.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 108.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url p. 139.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 102, p. 15, p. 38, p. 45.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url , , .
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 126, p. 75.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 75, p. 93.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 181, p. 188, p. 194, p. 214, p. 229, p. 233.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 194, p. 214, p. 229.
- Wild flowers every child should know: arranged according to color with reliable descriptions of the more common species of the United States and Canada / by Frederic William Stack. New York: Doubleday, Page and Company, 1909. url p. 168, p. 397.
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url p. 268.
- Wild flowers. London, Dodge url p. 44.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url .
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 185.
- [First-]Ninth annual report of the New York state dairy commissioner. .. 1884-1891/92. Albany, J. B. Lyon, state printer [etc.]1885-93. url .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.