Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Bedstraw, Catchweed Bedstraw, Cleavers, Cleaverwort, Goose Grass, Goose-Grass, Scarthgrass, Sticky Willy, Sticky-Willy, Stickywilly, White Hedge
Common Names in Portuguese:
Amor-De-Hortelã, Erva-Pegavosa, Pega-Pega
Common Names in Swedish:
The Rubiaceae are trees , shrubs , or infrequently herbs comprising about 450 genera and 6,500 species, including some lianous forms. The leaves are simple and usually entire, and are opposite or sometimes whorled ; stipules are present and interpetiolar . The flowers are nearly always bisexual and actinomorphic , often heterostylous, and usually are in cymose inflorescences. The calyx is mostly somewhat reduced and 4-5-lobed or sometimes the lobes are obsolete or rarely one of them greatly expanded and brightly colored . The sympetalous corolla is mostly 4-5-lobed, occasionally with 3 or up to 10 lobes. The androecium consists of as many stamens as corolla lobes and is adnate to the corolla tube or epigynous zone, alternate with the lobes. The gynoecium consists of a single compound pistil of 2 or seldom more carpels, a single style, and a nearly always inferior ovary with the number of locules equaling the number of carpels, each with 1-many axile ovules. An epigynous nectary disk is usually present. The fruit is variable, sometimes forming multiples . -- Gerald Carr.
Habit: Vine , Forb/herb
Flowers: Dense clusters of tiny, fragrant flowers bloom in April, May, June, July. • Bloom Period: April, May, June. • Flower Color: near white, white
Growth Rate: Moderate growth of perimeter spread . • Size: 36-48" tall.
Landscape Uses: Excellent for shady rock garden. Beautiful groundcover for partial shade and moist, loamy soil. Mass planting . Embankments . Borders . Naturalized areas. • Care: Deer resistant. Drought tolerant (will seem to die back, but will recover when moisture returns). Low maintenance . Can be grown under black walnut trees . Deadhead to prevent self-sowing, if you wish to prevent volunteers. Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system . Control weeds until the plants have filled in. Feed with a general purpose fertilizer .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,701 meters (0 to 15,423 feet).
Culture: Space 8-10' apart.
Soil: Needs good organic , moist, well-drained soil. Tolerates average, well-drained, dry, thin soils. • Minimum pH: 6.6 • Maximum pH: 7.8
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Partial to Full Shade.
Moisture: Water Requirements: Water regularly, before top 3 in. of soil becomes dry, particularly in hot dry summers.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Gentiananae () - Thorne Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Aparine hispida Moench • Aparine vulgaris Hill • Asperula aparine (L.) Besser • Asterophyllum aparine (L.) Schimp. and Spenn. • Crucianella purpurea Wulff Ex Steud. • Galion aparinum (L.) St. -Lag. • Galium adhaerens Gilib. • Galium agreste Wallr. • Galium aparine f. intermedium (Mérat) R. J. Moore • Galium aparine var. echinospermum (Wallr.) Farw. • Galium aparine var. fructibushispidis Franch. • Galium aparine var. infestum Wimm. and Grab. • Galium aparine var. intermedium (Mérat) Bonnet • Galium aparine var. microphyllum Clos • Galium aparine var. minor Benth. • Galium aparine var. minor Hook. • Galium aparine var. minus Hook. • Galium aparine var. pseudoaparine (Griseb.) Speg. • Galium aparine var. subglabrum Peterm. • Galium asperum Honck. • Galium australe Reiche • Galium borbonicum var. makianum Cordem. • Galium charoides Rusby • Galium chilense Hook. F. • Galium chonosense Clos • Galium hispidum Willd. • Galium horridum Eckl. and Zeyh. • Galium intermedium Mérat • Galium lappaceum Salisb. • Galium larecajense Wernham • Galium oliganthum Nakai and Kitag. • Galium parviflorum Maxim. • Galium pauciflorum Bunge • Galium pseudoaparine Griseb. • Galium scaberrimum Vahl Ex Hornem. • Galium segetum K. Koch • Galium spurium var. echinospermum (Wallr.) Hayek • Galium spurium var. echinospermum Desp. • Galium tenerrimum Schur • Galium uliginosum Thunb. • Galium uncinatum Gray • Rubia aparine (L.) Baill.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 11-Nov-2003
Members of the genus Galium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 137 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
G. album (Hedge Bedstraw) · G. ambiguum ambiguum (Yolla Bolly Bedstraw) · G. andrewsii (Phlox-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. andrewsii intermedium (Phloxleaf Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium (Narrow-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium angustifolium (Narrowleaf Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium foliosum (Borrego Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium gracillimum (Narrowleaf Bedstraw) · G. angustifolium onycense (Narrowleaf Bedstraw) · G. aparine (Bedstraw) · G. aparine aparine (Catchweed Bedstraw) · G. argense (Argus Bedstraw) · G. aristatum (Awned Bedstraw) · G. arkansanum (Arkansas Bedstraw) · G. asprellum (Rough Bedstraw) · G. bermudense (Coast Bedstraw) · G. bifolium (Low Mountain Bedstraw) · G. bolanderi (Bolander's Bedstraw) · G. boreale (Northern Bedstraw) · G. buxifolium (Box Bedstraw) · G. californicum (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum californicum (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum luciense (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum maritimum (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum miguelense (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum primum (California Bedstraw) · G. californicum sierrae (California Bedstraw) · G. catalinense (Catalina Bedstraw) · G. ciliare (Hairy Bedstraw) · G. circaezans (Forest Bedstraw) · G. clementis (Santa Lucia Bedstraw) · G. cliftonsmithii (Santa Barbara Bedstraw) · G. collomiae (Fossil Hill Creek Bedstraw) · G. coloradoense (Colorado Bedstraw) · G. concinnum (Shining Bedstraw) · G. correllii (Cliff Bedstraw) · G. cruciatum (Crosswort) · G. desereticum (Desert Bedstraw) · G. divaricatum (Lamarck's Bedstraw) · G. emeryense (Emery County Bedstraw) · G. emeryense protoscabriusculum (Emery County Bedstraw) · G. ferrugineum ferrugineum (Fendler's Bedstraw) · G. filipes (Slender Stalk Bedstraw) · G. foliosum (Narrowleaf Bedstraw) · G. gaudichaudii (Rough Bedstraw) · G. glabrescens (Castle Lake Bedstraw) · G. glaucum (Waxy Bedstraw) · G. grande (San Gabriel Bedstraw) · G. grayanum (Gray's Bedstraw) · G. grayanum Ehrend. var. grayanum Ehrend. (Gray's Bedstraw) · G. grayanum Ehrend. var. nanum Dempster & Ehrend. (Gray's Bedstraw) · G. hallii (Hall's Bedstraw) · G. hardhamiae (Hardham's Bedstraw) · G. hilendiae (Hilend's Bedstraw) · G. humifusum (Spreading Bedstraw) · G. hypotrichium (Alpine Bedstraw) · G. hypotrichium inyoense (Alpine Bedstraw) · G. hypotrichium nevadense (Alpine Bedstraw) · G. hypotrichium tomentellum (Alpine Bedstraw) · G. jepsonii (Jepson Bedstraw) · G. johnstonii (Johnston Bedstraw) · G. kamtischaticum (Boreal Bedstraw) · G. kamtschaticum (Boreal Bedstraw) · G. labradoricum (Bog Bedstraw) · G. laevipes (Smooth Bedstraw) · G. lanceolatum (Lance-Leaf Wild Licorice) · G. latifolium (Purple Bedstraw) · G. magnifolium (Large-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. matthewsii (Bushy Bedstraw) · G. mexicanum asperrimum (Mexican Bedstraw) · G. mexicanum flexicum (Mexican Bedstraw) · G. mexicanum mexicanum (Mexican Bedstraw) · G. microphyllum (Bracted Bedstraw) · G. mollugo (False Baby's Breath) · G. mollugo mollugo (False Baby's Breath) · G. multiflorum (Many-Flower Bedstraw) · G. munzii (Munz Bedstraw) · G. munzii ambivalens (Munz's Bedstraw) · G. munzii munzii (Munz's Bedstraw) · G. murale (Wall Bedstraw) · G. muricatum (Humboldt Bedstraw) · G. nuttallii (Climbing Bedstraw) · G. nuttallii insulare (Climbing Bedstraw) · G. nuttallii nuttallii (Climbing Bedstraw) · G. obtusum australe (Blunt-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. obtusum filifolium (Blunt-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. obtusum obtusum (Blunt-Leaf Bedstraw) · G. odoratum (Our Ladys Lace) · G. odoratum 'Victor Jones' (False Babys Breath) · G. oreganum (Oregon Bedstraw) · G. orizabense orizabense (Bald Bedstraw) · G. palustre (Common Marsh Bedstraw) · G. palustre elongatum (Common Marsh Bedstraw) · G. palustre subsp. palustre (Common Marsh-Bedstraw) · G. parishii (Parish's Bedstraw) · G. parisiense (Wall Bedstraw) · G. pilosum (Hairy Bedstraw) · G. pomeranicum (Bedstraw) · G. porrigens (Graceful Bedstraw) · G. porrigens Dempster var. tenue (Dempster) Dempster (Graceful Bedstraw)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 43.
- A Yosemite flora; a descriptive account of the ferns and flowering plants, including the trees, of the Yosemite National Park; with simple keys for their identification. .. by Harvey Monroe Hall and Carlotta Case Hall. San Francisco, Elder, 1912. url p. 232.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 112, p. 328.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 335.
- A complete guide to the English lakes, by Harriet Martineau, illustrated from drawings by T. L. Aspland and W. Banks. London, J. Garnett;186-?] url p. 261.
- A contribution to the flora of Australia / by William Woolls. Sydney: F. White, 1867. url p. 146.
- A contribution to the knowledge of the flora of southeastern Minnesota. [Boston, Heliotype Print. Co.]1900. url p. 362, p. 407.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 52.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url , , .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 144, p. 326, p. 333.
- A naturalist in the Great Lakes region, by Elliot Rowland Downing. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1922] url , , , , , p. 210, p. 311, p. 318.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 26.
- A preliminary list of the Uredinales of California, by Walter C. Blasdale. Berkeley: University of California press, 1919. url p. 135, p. 155.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 252, p. 940.
- A spring flora for high schools, by Henry C. Cowles. .. and John G. Coulter. .. New York, American book company[c1915] url p. 28.
- A study of the vegetation of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho. .. Lincoln, Neb. url p. 70.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url , p. 101, p. 142, p. 17, p. 21, p. 252, p. 292, p. 33, p. 337, p. 338, p. 34, p. 340, p. 41, p. 440.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url .
- Agriculture, ancient and modern: a historical account of its principles and practice, exemplified in their rise, progress, and development. By Samuel Copland, the "Old Norfolk farmer" of the Mark Lane Express. . London, Virtue and company, 1866. url p. 595, p. 598.
- All about country life: being a dictionary of rural avocations, and of knowledge necessary to the management of the farm, the stable, the stockyard, and a gentleman's out of town residence and property. London: Ward, Lock, and Tyler, [189-?] url p. 154.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 278.
- An elementary text-book of botany, for the use of Japanese students Tokyo, 1893. url , .
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 303, p. 500, p. 529.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 345, p. 79.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url , .
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 156, p. 156, p. 183, p. 183, p. 188, p. 256, p. 256, p. 288, p. 288.
- Analysis of 2, 4-D metabolites in higher plants by gas chromatography / by Norman Cline Glaze. 1966. url p. 4, p. 5.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 287, p. 288.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 371, p. 381, p. 382, p. 420, p. 478, p. 521.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 12, p. 60, p. 66.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 5 1894 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 83.
- Annual report of Captain A.A. Humphreys, topographical engineers, in charge of Office of Explorations and Surveys, War Department, December, 1858. Washington1859. url p. 163.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Albany: State of New York, Dept. of Agriculture, 1894-1911. url p. 745.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url , p. 704, p. 87.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 162, p. 23, p. 260, p. 260, p. 363, p. 363, p. 88.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 175.
- Australian grasses (with illustrations) by Fred. Turner. Vol. 1. Sydney, C. Potter, Government Printer, 1895. url .
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 42 - 46 1973 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 12, p. 14, p. 14, p. 15, p. 19, p. 29, p. 32, p. 49, p. 69, p. 80.
- Biodiversity and representativeness of research natural areas on national wildlife refuges in Montana, designated areas within Benton Lake, Charles M. Russell, Lake Mason, Medicine Lake, and Red Rock final report / submitted to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; prepared by Stephen V. Cooper and Bonnie L. Heidel. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1999 url p. 32.
- Botanical and vegetation survey of Carter County, Montana, Bureau of Land Management-administered lands / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst, Stephen V. Cooper, and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , p. 33.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 219, p. 254.
- Botanical survey of Nebraska. Conducted by the Botanical Seminar. I-VII. Lincoln, Neb., 1892-1904. url , .
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 107, p. 197, p. 362, p. 446, p. 46, p. 462, p. 71, p. 74, p. 93, p. 95.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 181, p. 20.
- Botany of the living plant, London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1919. url .
- Botany of the living plant, by F. O. Bower. London, Macmillan and Co., limited, 1919. url p. 180, p. 180.
- Botany of the living plant, by F.O. Bower. In the third edition he was assisted by J.M.F. Drummond, and George Bond, in this fourth edition by C.W. Wardlaw. London, Macmillan and Co., ltd., 1947. url p. 214.
- Botany of the living plant. London, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 180.
- British and European butterflies and moths (Macrolepidoptera). By A. W. Kappel. .. and W. Egmont Kirby. .. With thirty coloured plates by H. Deuchert and S. Slocombe. Printed in [Nuremberg] Bavaria. London, E. Nister; url p. 50.
- British ants, their life-history and classification. By H. St. J.K. Donisthorpe. .. With 18 plates and 92 diagrams. Plymouth [Eng.]W. Brendon and Son, limited, 1915. url p. 228.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 94.
- British fungi. Phycomycetes and Ustilagineae. By George Massee. London, L. Reeve and Co., 1891. url p. 226.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , , p. 44, p. 71.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 667, p. 668.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 13, p. 60, p. 66.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 212, p. 213, p. 438, p. 50.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 223, p. 335.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 15, p. 18, p. 21, p. 32, p. 34.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 203, p. 229, p. 40.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 244.
- Bulletin of the California Academy of Sciences. [S.l.: The Academy], 1884- url p. 400, p. 446, p. 529.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass., Essex Institute. url p. 143.
- Bulletin of the Philosophical Society of Washington. 25 1883 Washington, D.C.: Published by the co-operation of the Smithsonian Institution, [1874- url p. 106.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 116, p. 135.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 1904 31 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 147, p. 344, p. 71.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 22, p. 90.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 17.
- Bulletin. California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco. San Francisco url p. 529.
- Bulletin: report of Agricultural Experiment Station, Agricultural and Mechanical College, Auburn, Ala. Auburn, Ala.: The Station, [1888-1903] url p. 107.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 103, p. 221, p. 243, p. 45, p. 48.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , , , , , .
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 330.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 190, p. 40, p. 59.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 223.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 587.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 587.
- Catalogue of the Hemiptera (Heteroptera) with biological and anatomical references, lists of foodplants and parasites, etc. prefaced by a discussion on nomenclature, and an analytical table of families, by G. W. Kirkaldy. Berlin, F. L. Dames, 1909- url p. 209.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 77.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Circle west vegetation baseline study: final report / by Richard Prodgers. Helena: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation,  url p. 104, p. 106.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , , .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 4 1893 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 118, p. 140, p. 161, p. 196, p. 229, p. 24, p. 257, p. 258, p. 277, p. 504, p. 512, p. 525, p. 541, p. 606, p. 741.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 11 1973 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 114, p. 319.
- Contributions from the herbarium of the Geological Survey of Canada / by James M. Macoun. [Ottawa?: s.n.], 1894-1906. url p. 43.
- Contributions to Canadian botany / by Jas. M. Macoun. Ottawa: [s. n.], 1894-1906. url p. 43.
- Cosmos: a sketch of a physical description of the universe / by Alexander von Humboldt; translated from the German, by E. C. Otté. London: G. Bell, 1892-1900. url p. 9.
- Cryptogamic plants of the USSR. (Flora sporovykh rastenii SSSR) Translated from Russian. Jerusalem[Published for the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 19 - url p. 334, p. 345.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 140, p. 163, p. 322, p. 69.
- Darwinism: an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications / by Alfred Russel Wallace. London; Macmillan, 1891. url p. 322.
- Darwinism; an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London and New York, Macmillan and co., 1889. url p. 322.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 230, p. 265, p. 293.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 119.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 284, p. 767.
- Elements of plant biology. By A. G. Tansley. .. London: Dodd, Mead & company,  url p. 370.
- Elements of plant biology. London, Dodd, Mead & Co. url , p. 370.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 225.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 15, p. 21, p. 30, p. 37, p. 52, p. 59, p. 67, p. 68, p. 7, p. 71, p. 77.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. 1 1893 Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 89.
- Eton nature-study and observational lessons, by Matthew Davenport Hill, . .. and Wilfred Mark Webb, . .. With a foreword by the Rev. Edmond Warre, . .. Part I-[II]. London, Duckworth & Co., 1903-1904. url p. 152.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 144, p. 265, p. 955.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 577.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 542.
- Flood tolerance of plant species in bottomland forests of the southeastern United States / 1992. url p. 120, p. 196, p. 29.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 144.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 225.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 170.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 604, p. 606.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 606.
- Flora of Pasadena and vicinity. Los Angeles, Kingsley-Barnes & Neuner Co., printer, 1895." url p. 617.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 228.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url , .
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 233, p. 234.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 277.
- Flora of the Black Hills of South Dakota. By P.A. Rydberg. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1896. url p. 504.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 257, p. 258.
- Flora of the Patuxent Research Refuge, Maryland / Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Biological Survey,  url p. 7.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 104, p. 108, p. 509, p. 510, p. 57, p. 612, p. 64.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 273.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 335.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url , .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 525.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 525.
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 121.
- Flowers and gardens; notes on plant beauty, London andJ. Lane, 1902. url .
- Flowers; their origin, shapes, perfumes, and colours / Boston: Roberts Brothers, 1878. url , p. 105.
- Forest leaves. Philadelphia: Pennsylvania Forestry Association, 1886-1950. url .
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 185.
- Freaks and marvels of plant life; or, Curiosities of vegetation. London, Soc. for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1882. url p. 302.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 34.
- Geological magazine. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 550.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 544.
- Grevillea. London: Williams and Norgate; 1872-1894. url p. 183.
- Handbook of British fungi, with full descriptions of all the species, and illustrations of the genera. By M. C. Cooke, M.A. London, Macmillan and co., 1871. url p. 501.
- Handbook of British fungi: with full descriptions of all the species, and illustrations of the genera / by M.C. Cooke. London: Macmillan, 1871. url p. 501.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , p. 161, p. 166, p. 167, p. 168, p. 196, p. 206, p. 22, p. 229, p. 27, p. 28, p. 39, p. 93.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 174.
- History of Pasadena, comprising an account of the native Indian, Pasadena, Cal., Pasadena history company, 1895. url p. 617, p. 643.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 155, p. 179.
- Illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London, Glaisher, pref. 1869. url p. 193.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 92.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 156.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 579, p. 653, p. 820.
- Journal of Indian botany. Madras: Methodist Pub. House, 1919-1923. url p. 171.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 19 1881 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 247.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 8-9 1988-1989 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 103.
- Journal of genetics. Cambridge: University Press, 1910-1977. url p. 142, p. 142.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 127, p. 49, p. 62, p. 90.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 295.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 7 1864 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 197.
- Kalm's account of his visit to England: on his way to America in 1748 / London; Macmillan, 1892. url .
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 418.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 418.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 418, p. 476.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url .
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 455.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 455.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 455.
- Leechdoms, wortcunning, and starcraft of early England. Being a collection of documents, for the most part never before printed, illustrating the history of science in this country before the Norman conquest. Collected and edited by the Rev. Oswald Cockayne. London: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts, and Green, 1864-66. url p. 23, p. 376, p. 391.
- Life, outlines of general bioloy / by Sir J. Arthur Thomson, and Patrick Geddes. London: Harper, [19--?] url p. 168.
- Manual of the flowering plants of Iowa. [Lamoni, Iowa]Privately published, 1899. url .
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url .
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 371, p. 594.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url , p. 155.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 230, p. 265, p. 293.
- Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: The Academy, 1868- url p. 34.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 9 1900 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 208.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 174, p. 77.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , , p. 362, p. 362, p. 407, p. 407, p. 759.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 214, p. 66.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1965 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 48.
- Monographs in systematic botany from the Missouri Botanical Garden. 73 1999 [St. Louis, Mo.]: Missouri Botanical Garden, 1978- url p. 61.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 97.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 12.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 40.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 180.
- Natural history of the ground squirrels of California, by Joseph Grinnell and Joseph Dixon. .. Sacramento, California State Printing Office, 1918. url p. 87.
- Natural science. London: Macmillan & Co., [1892-1899] url p. 758.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 235, p. 320.
- New-England's rarities discovered in birds, beasts, fishes, serpents, and plants of that country. / By John Josselyn, gent.; With an introduction and notes by Edward Tuckerman, M.A. Boston: William Veazie, 1865. url p. 90.
- Newman's entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1869-1876] url p. 311.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 16, p. 187.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 131, p. 162.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 27, p. 539, p. 614.
- On the Lysianassa magellanica H. Milne Edwards, and on the Crustacea of the suborder Amphipoda and subfamily Lysianassina found an [i.e., on] the coast of Sweden and Norway / by William Lilljeborg. Upsala: Royal Acad. Press, 1865. url p. 9.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 102.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 33.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 205, p. 206.
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. 395, p. xx.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 294, p. 333, p. 427, p. 88.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 135, p. 149, p. 203, p. 25, p. 319, p. 367, p. 373, p. 388, p. 395, p. 439, p. 493, p. 71, p. 78, p. 91, p. 95.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 328, p. 55.
- Plant and animal resources and ecological condition of the Hanging Woman Basin in Big Horn County, Montana and Sheridan County, Wyoming / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2003. url .
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 190.
- Plant life in Alpine Switzerland; being an account in simple language of the natural history of Alpine plants, London, J. Murray, 1910. url .
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 741.
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 741.
- Plant lore, legends, and lyrics. Embracing the myths, traditions, superstitions, and folk-lore of the plant kingdom. By Richard Folkard, jun. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, and Rivington, 1884. url p. 146.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 455.
- Plant species of special concern and plant associations of Sheridan County, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2000. url .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall, with 74 full-page illus., 24 being from photos. by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London, A. & C. Black, 1915. url , , .
- Plant-life, by Charles A. Hall. .. with 74 full-page illustrations, 24 being from photographs by the author and 50 in colour from drawings by C. F. Newall. London: A. & C. Black, ltd., 1915. url p. 280, p. 331, p. 370.
- Plant-life, ill. by the author and C.F. Newall. London, Black, 1915. url p. 280, p. 331, p. 370.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 218, p. 218, p. 50, p. 50, p. 58, p. 58.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 89.
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 484, p. 484.
- Popular science news, formerly Boston journal of chemistry. A popular illustrated monthly devoted to the progress in zoology, botany, mineralogy, archaeology, hygiene, invention, with related physical sciences and general v. 1-36; July 1866-Dec. 1902. Boston, J.R. Nichols & co. [etc.]1866-; New York, W. O. Allison [etc., 1894]-1902. url p. 86.
- Postelsia: the year book of the Minnesota Seaside Station. St. Paul, Minn.: Pioneer Press, 1902-1906. url p. 125, p. 21, p. 21.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. xix.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. xx.
- Preliminary report of explorations in Nebraska and Dakota, in the years 1855-'56-'57, by Lieut. G.K. Warren, Topographical Engineers. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1875. url p. 116.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 88, p. 89.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 1000, p. 1010, p. 132, p. 216.
- Proceedings of the Bristol Naturalists' Society. Bristol: The Society, 1863-1912. url p. 148, p. 280.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 398, p. 416, p. 438, p. 648, p. 694.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 108, p. 225, p. 231.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 466, p. 849, p. 855, p. 856.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 172, p. 185.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 200.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 98.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 44.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 395, p. 443, p. 457, p. 530, p. 609, p. 662, p. 683.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Australian Association for the advancement of Science. Sidney, The Association. url p. 199.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 178, p. 191.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , p. 12, p. 13, p. 60.
- Report of the State Entomologist on the noxious and beneficial insects of the state of Illinois. [Springfield, Ill.?]: State Entomologist, [1876?]-1916. url p. 71.
- Report of the flora of Westchester County. Prepared for Bolton's History of the County. New YorkRoper & Burdge, 1880? url p. 791.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 22, p. 27, p. 28.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 407, p. 482, p. 704, p. 705, p. 730, p. 759.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 126, p. 53.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 237.
- Rust, smut, mildew, & mould: an introduction to the study of microscopic fungi / by M.C. Cooke. London: R. Hardwicke, 1872. url p. 223.
- Rustic sounds and other studies in literature and natural history. London, Murray, 1917. url , p. 58.
- Sandusky flora. A catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation, in Erie County, Ohio, and the peninsula and islands of Ottawa County, Wooster, O., Press of Clapper Printing Co., 1899. url .
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 418.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 122, p. 128, p. 133.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 130, p. 146, p. 68.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 341.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 108.
- Senior botany. London, Univ. Tutor. Press, 1918. url p. 201.
- Sensitive plant species survey, Ashland District, Custer National Forest, Powder River and Rosebud Counties, Montana / by Bonnie L. Heidel and Hollis Marriott; for Custer National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant species survey, Garfield and McCone Counties, Montana / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant surveys, 1989: U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest / prepared for United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service; prepared by Sarah Y. Mathews. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 15.
- Sketches of bird life; from twenty years observation of their haunts & habits. .. London, Allen, 1883. url p. 75.
- Some account of the fauna and flora of Sinai, Petra, and Wa?dy 'Arabah, London, Pub. for the Committee of the Palestine exploration fund by A. P. Watt, 1891. url .
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 144, p. 23, p. 88.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 182, p. 586.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 229, p. 40, p. 54, p. 9.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 285.
- Survey for sensitive plant species on Doherty Mountain, Jefferson County / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for Bureau of Land Management, Butte District. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 15, p. 26, p. 27, p. 50, p. 53, p. 64.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1561, p. 1562, p. 1936, p. 469.
- That rock-garden of ours; with 50 illustrations by the author. Phil.Jacobs, [1909?] url p. 320.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 107, p. 117.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 95.
- The American entomologist. St. Louis: R.P. Studley & Co., 1868-1870. url p. 319, p. 319.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 602.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 602.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 95.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 183, p. 231, p. 237, p. 39, p. 86.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 443.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 118.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 69 1955 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url klawe , p. 129, p. 175, p. 176, p. 176, p. 18, p. 180, p. 195, p. 248, p. 33, p. 34, p. 344, p. 439, p. 469, p. 499, p. 516, p. 57, p. 659, p. 91.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url p. 43, p. 59.
- The Country gentleman's magazine. London, S. Marshall & Co. url p. 401.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url , p. 109, p. 131, p. 149, p. 152, p. 162, p. 168, p. 206, p. 227, p. 241, p. 253, p. 257, p. 284, p. 287, p. 309, p. 45.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 158, p. 172, p. 209, p. 74, p. 84.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 478, p. 544.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 424, p. 68.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 52 1992 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 109, p. 127, p. 148, p. 149, p. 181, p. 263, p. 27, p. 293, p. 34, p. 382, p. 402, p. 639, fig. 4, page 7.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 60.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 510.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 177, p. 241, p. 42, p. 424, p. 48.
- The Journal of microscopy and natural science. [London: W. P. Collins, 1884- url p. 209, p. 248.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 147, p. 31.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 9 1867 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 105, p. 216, p. 383, p. 42, p. 591.
- The Journal of the Quekett Microscopical Club. [London: Quekett Microscopical Club, 1868]-1966. url p. 81.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 44, p. 57.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 213.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 482, p. 704, p. 705, p. 730.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 704, p. 705, p. 730.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url , .
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The Naturalist. 1897 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 3, p. 353.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 300.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 300.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 61, p. 83.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 255.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 147, p. 31, p. 447.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 144.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url , p. 107, p. 204, p. 265, p. 270, p. 352, p. 53.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 39 1958 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 177, p. 238, p. 25, p. 254, p. 254, p. 47, p. 538, p. 539, p. 574.
- The Victoria history of the county of Buckingham. Edited by William Page. [LondonConstable]1905-1927 url .
- The aims and methods of nature study: a guide for teachers / by John Rennie; with an introduction by J. Arthur Thomson. Baltimore, Md.: Warwick & York,  url p. 242.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 307, p. 413.
- The bionomics of blister beetles of the genus Meloe and a classification of the New World species Urbana, University of Illinois Press url p. 85.
- The birds of Berwickshire; with remarks on their local distribution migration, and habits, and also on the folk-lore, proverbs, popular rhymes and sayings connected with them, by George Muirhead. .. Edinburgh, David Douglas, 1889-95. url p. 144.
- The bogs and bog flora of the Huron River Valley. .. By Edgar Nelson Transeau. [Chicago]The University of Chicago Press url p. 149.
- The book of herbs / London; J. Lane, 1903. url .
- The book of herbs / by Lady Rosalind Northcote. London; John Lane: The Bodley Head, MCMIII . url p. 168.
- The broad-sclerophyll vegetation of California; an ecological study of the chaparral and its related communities. WashingtonCornegie Institution of Washington1922 url p. 40.
- The complete herbalist, or The people their own physicians by the use of nature's remedies: describing the great curative properties found in the herbal kingdom. .. / by Dr. O. Phelps Brown. Jersey City, N. J.: Published by the author, 1897. url p. 495.
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 58.
- The effects of cross and self fertilisation in the vegetable kingdom. LondonJ. Murray1916 url p. 369, p. 479.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , , , , p. 130, p. 69, p. 78.
- The ethnobotany of Chinchero, an Andean community in southern Peru / Christine Franquemont. .. [et al.]. 24 1990 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, c1990. url p. 119, p. 95.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 602.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 146, p. 180, p. 197, p. 342.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 216, p. 87.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 216, p. 87.
- The flora of the metamorphic region of Alabama / by F.S. Earle. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1902. url p. 107.
- The garden... London, 1872- url p. 398.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 352.
- The moths of the British Isles / by Richard South. London; Frederick Warne & Co., [1920?] url p. 168.
- The moths of the British Isles, by Richard South. London, F. Warne & Co., 1907-09. url p. 168.
- The movements and habits of climbing plants. New York, D. Appleton, 1888. url p. 183, p. 207.
- The natural history of Washington territory, with much relating to Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oregon, and California, between the thirty-sixth and forty-ninth parallels of latitude, being those parts of the final reports on the survey of the N By J. G. Cooper, M. D., and Dr. G. Suckley. .. This edition contains a new preface, giving a sketch of the explorations, a classified table of contents, and the latest additions by the authors. With f London, Baillière brothers, 1859. url p. 40.
- The natural history of animals: the animal life of the world in its various aspects and relations, London, The Gresham Publishing Company, 1903-04. url , , .
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada, Toronto, Pub. by the Canadian institute, 1913. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 224, p. 253, p. 274, p. 450.
- The phanerogams of the Juan Fernandez Islands. url , .
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 484, p. 516.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 109.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url , .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url .
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url .
- The preservation and management of vegetation in ravines in Highland Park, Illinois: a report / prepared by Kenneth R. Robertson and E. B. Himelick of the Illinois Natural History Survey, Urbana, Illinois. Urbana: The Survey, 1977. url p. 19.
- The relation of leaf structure to physical factors.  url p. 100, p. 33.
- The sagacity & morality of plants; a sketch of the life & conduct of the vegetable kingdom, by J.E. Taylor. London, Chatto and Windus, 1884. url p. 107, p. 212, p. 47, p. 50.
- The soil; an introduction to the scientific study of of the growth of crops. New YorkDutton1920 url p. 323.
- The trees, shrubs, and plants of Virgil, [New York, B. H. Blackwell;1920. url p. 148.
- The universe, or, The wonders of creation. The infinitely great and the infinitely little. By F. A. Pouchet. .. Portland [Me.]: H. Hallett and company, 1883. url , p. 526, p. 526, p. 750.
- The universe: or, The infinitely great and the infinitely little. New York, C. Scribner, 1870. url .
- The vines of northeastern America / by Charles S. Newhall. New York: Putnam, 1897. url .
- The vines of northeastern America; New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1897. url .
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 476, p. 572, p. 573, p. 663, p. 741, p. 887.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 476, p. 572, p. 663, p. 741, p. 887.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 110, p. 137, p. 149, p. 192, p. 195, p. 226, p. 44, p. 67.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 159, p. 284, p. 284, p. 288, p. 289, p. 373.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 45, p. 45, p. 45.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 90.
- Transactions of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex: The Club, 1880-1886. url , .
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url , , p. 77.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 105, p. 170.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 198.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 148, p. 175, p. 187, p. 198, p. 234, p. 29, p. 32, p. 35, p. 47, p. 48, p. 52, p. 96.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 1 1875-78 London. url p. 165.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 43.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 235.
- Transactions of the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters. [Madison]Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters, 1870/72- url p. 130, p. 142.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url , p. 175, p. 194, p. 84.
- Transactions. Columbus, Ohio [etc.] url p. 209, p. 213, p. 219, p. 220.
- Trees, shrubs and vines of the northeastern United States. .. together with an account of the principal foreign hardy trees, shrubs and vines cultivated in our country, and found in Central Park, New York City by H.E. Parkhurst. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1903. url p. 339, p. 439.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 24 1983 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url , p. 128.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 258.
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 130.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 1 1947 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 133.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 12, p. 70, p. 77, p. 80.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 4, p. 65.
- Vegetable teratology, an account of the principal deviations from the usual construction of plants, Maxwell T. Masters. .. With numerous illus. by E. M. Williams. London, Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 325.
- Vorlesungen über Pflanzenphysiologie. Jena, G. Fischer, 1904. url p. 562.
- Watson, S. Botany /by Sereno Watson, aided by Daniel C. Eaton, and others. 5 1871 Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1871. url p. 134.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms: a pocket guide to British wild-flowers for the country rambler / by Edward Step. London; F. Warne, 1895. url , p. 87.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms; a pocket guide to British wild flowers for the country rambler. London, Warne, 1895. url , p. 87.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url , p. 138, p. 169, p. 193, p. 213, p. 233, p. 26, p. 27, p. 52, p. 90.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 138, p. 169, p. 193, p. 213, p. 233, p. 26, p. 52, p. 90, p. ix.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 174, p. 257, p. 300.
- West African forests and forestry / London: T.F. Unwin, ltd.,  url .
- West African forests and forestry, by A. Harold Unwin. .. with 110 illustrations by the author. London, T. F. Unwin, ltd. url p. 431.
- West Coast botany: an analytical key to the flora of the Pacific Coast in which are described over eighteen hundred species of flowering plants growing west of the Sierra Nevada and Cascade crests, from San Diego to Pug by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1898. url p. 46.
- Wissenschaftliche ergebnisse der Deutschen Zentral-Africa-Expedition, 1907-1908: unter Führung Adolf Friedrichs, herzogs zu Mecklenburg. Leipzig: Klinkhardt & Biermann, 1910- url p. 341, p. 640, p. 703.
- Woodhawk botanical survey, Fergus County, Montana, Lewistown District of the Bureau of Land Management / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1997. url .
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 185.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 5 1900 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 23, p. 263, p. 355.
- [Collected reprints, 1911-1931. s.l., s.n., 19--] url .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 17, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx River Bioblitz
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Vegetation surveys of coastal shingle in Great Britain
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- University of Washington Burke Museum, Vascular Plant Collection - University of Washington Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2656793
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Kew-85676
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481042
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:749515-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 103276
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 34797
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDRUB0N050
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: GAAPI
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 40074