Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Arabic:
Common Names in Chinese:
Common Names in Czech:
Common Names in Danish:
Rød-Svingel, Rød Svingel, Rød-Svingel
Common Names in Dutch:
Rood Zwenkgras, Roodzwenkgras
Common Names in English:
Ravine Fescue, Chewing's fescue, Red Fescue
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Fétuque Rouge, fétuque rouge
Common Names in German:
Gewöhnlicher Rot Schwingel, Rot Schwingel, Rot Schwingel i w S, Rot-Schwingel, Rotschwingel
Common Names in Hungarian:
Common Names in Icelandic:
Common Names in Italian:
Festuca Rossa, Fusajola, Fusajola (Switzerland), Gramigna Fusaiola
Common Names in Japanese:
Oo Ushinoke Gusa, Reddo Fesuku
Common Names in Korean:
Wang Gim Ui Teol
Common Names in Lithuanian:
Common Names in Polish:
Kostrzewa Czerwona, Kostrzewa Czerwonawa
Common Names in Portuguese:
Festuca Vermelha, Festuca-Encarnada
Common Names in Russian:
Ovsianitsa Krasnaia, Ovsjanica Krasnaja, овсяница красная
Common Names in Spanish:
Cañuela Roja, Canuela Roja, Festuca Encarnada, Festuca Roja (Argentina)
Common Names in Swedish:
or intra-vaginal. Leaf sheath
, rarely connate
, sometimes with auricles
; leaf blades folded to conduplicate
, sometimes flat; ligule membranous. Inflorescence an open, contracted
or spikelike panicle. Spikelets
with 2 to several florets
, uppermost floret usually reduced; rachilla usually scabrid
, rarely smooth
and between florets; glumes usually unequal, herbaceous to scarious
, rarely subleathery, lower glume often small, 1-veined, upper glume usually shorter than lowest lemma, 3(-5) -veined; lemmas usually similar in texture
to glumes, often subleathery at least with age, usually ± laterally compressed
but not keeled
on back at least toward base
, usually 5-veined, veins sometimes prominent
, apex acuminate, entire or notched
or awnless; palea subequal
to lemma, keels scabrid, rarely smooth. Stamens 3. Ovary glabrous
on top. Caryopsis oblong
, usually ventrally sulcate
, usually free from lemma and palea, hilum
long-linear. x = 7.
About 450 species:temperate regions throughout the world, extending into the tropics on mountain tops; 55 species (25 endemic) in China.
Many of the species are superficially very similar, particularly among the fine-leaved species. In these, the position of sclerenchyma tissue , as seen in a cross section of the leaf blade, is an important aid to identification. The type of branching of the basal vegetative shoots (tillers) is also important. If the shoot breaks through the base of the subtending leaf sheath a loose tuft results (extravaginal branching), but if it grows up inside the leaf sheath a denser tuft results (intravaginal branching).
The fine-leaved species include a number of species aggregates . The aggregate name has been used in the main key , as this will be sufficient for most users . Within the aggregates individual taxa are recognized either at specific or infraspecific rank, but the differences between the taxa are slight and often overlapping.
This large genus is divided into subgenera , which are indicated in the key. Recent molecular work is indicating that the larger broad-leaved species are not closely related to the fine-leaved species.
Most of the species provide good grazing, and some are important constituents of fine lawns.
Species Festuca rubra
, shortly rhizomatous
reddish brown. Culms
15-60(-100) cm tall, nodes 1-3.
Leaf sheaths glabrous
or with retrose hairs
, occasionally reddish;
present as erect
swellings or absent; leaf blades setaceous
or culm blades flat, 6-30 cm × 0.4-1 mm (to 4
mm when flat), veins 5-7; adaxial
absent, abaxial sclerenchyma in narrow discrete strands; ligule 0.1-0.5
without cilia. Panicle fairly loose
, 5-14(-20) cm; branches
1.5-8 cm, scabrid
, 1-4 at lowest node. Spikelets
green or purple; florets
2-6(-10) ; glumes
or slightly scabrid;
lower glume narrowly lanceolate, 2-3.5(-4.5) mm; upper glume broadly
lanceolate, 3.5-5.5(-6) mm; rachilla internodes ca.
0.8 mm, pubescent
lemmas smooth, scabrid or pubescent, (4-) 5-7(-8) mm; awns
1-3.5(-5) mm, rarely awnless; palea keels scabrid toward apex. Anthers
(1-) 2-3.7 mm.
Ovary apex glabrous. 2n = 14, 21, 28, 42, 49,
53, 56, 64, 70. [source]
Festuca rubra is a very polymorphic species, widespread in temperate and cold regions of the N hemisphere, and useful for pastures and lawns. Members of the complex (nos. 35-42) may be identified by the presence of young tiller leaf sheaths that are fused in a tube almost to the top. Look for this character if the leaf sheaths are reddish brown with retrorse hairs and the older leaf sheaths are fibrous . Leaf cross sections of the F. rubra complex are characteristic, with small patches of sclerenchyma under the lower epidermis , but no strands running across the leaf. [source]
There are numerous variants , and many infraspecific taxa have been described. The following subspecies can be recognized in China. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: June. • Flower Color: mauve , rose
Size: 18-24" tall.
Grassy slopes , roadsides, alpine meadows, other grassy places, in sun or shade; 600-4500 m .
Typically found in the intertidal zone at the water's edge at a mean distance from sea level of 265.47 meters (870.96 feet).
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b. (map)
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Lilianae () - Takhtajan, 1967 - Monocots
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Festuca duriuscula var. rubra (L.) Alph. Wood • Festuca ovina L. var. rubra (L.) Sm.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 17-Oct-2001
Members of the genus Festuca
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 128 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
F. actae 'Banks Peninsula Blue' (Fescue) · F. airoides (Tufted Fescue) · F. altaica (Altai Fescue) · F. amethystina (Rainbow Fescue) · F. amethystina 'Superba' (Rainbow Fescue) · F. ammobia (Sand Fescue) · F. arizonica (Arizona Fescue) · F. armoricana (Breton Fescue) · F. arundinacea (Tall Fescue) · F. arvernensis (Blue Fescue) · F. auriculata (Eared Fescue) · F. baffinensis (Baffin Fescue) · F. brachyphylla (Alpine Fescue) · F. brachyphylla brachyphylla (Alpine Fescue) · F. brachyphylla coloradensis (Alpine Fescue) · F. brevissima (Alaska Fescue) · F. californica (California Fescue) · F. californica var. californica (California Fescue) · F. calligera (Southwest Fescue) · F. campestris (Big Rough Fescue) · F. dasyclada (Oil Shale Fescue) · F. drymeia (Roadside Fescue) · F. earlei (Earle's Fescue) · F. edlundiae (Arctic Festuca) · F. elatior (Meadow Fescue) · F. elatior pratensis (Meadow Ryegrass) · F. elmeri (Coast Fescue) · F. filiformis (Fineleaf Sheep Fescue) · F. frederikseniae (North Atlantic Fescue) · F. gautieri (Bearskin Fescue) · F. gautieri 'Hobbit' (Bearskin Fescue) · F. gigantea (Giant Fescue) · F. glauca (Grey Fescue) · F. glauca 'Blauglut' (Blauglut Blue Fescue) · F. glauca 'Boulder Blue' (Boulder Blue Fescue) · F. glauca 'Silberreiher' (Silver Heron Blue Fescue) · F. groenlandica (Greenland Fescue) · F. hallii (Hall's Fescue) · F. hawaiiensis (Hawai'i Fescue) · F. heteromalla (Spreading Fescue) · F. heterophylla (Variousleaf Fescue) · F. howellii (Howell's Fescue) · F. hyperborea (Boreal Fescue) · F. idahoensis (Idaho Fescue) · F. idahoensis var. idahoensis (Idaho Fescue) · F. idahoensis 'Siskiyou Blue' (Idaho Fescue) · F. inermis (Smooth Bromegrass) · F. kashmiriana (Dog Fescue) · F. lenensis (Tundra Fescue) · F. ligulata (Guadalupe Fescue) · F. mairei (Atlas Fescue) · F. matthewsii (Alpine Fescue Tussock) · F. minutiflora (Small-Flower Fescue) · F. muelleri (Muellers Fescue) · F. novae-zelandiae (Fescue Tussock) · F. occidentalis (Western Fescue) · F. ovina (Ovina Fescue) · F. ovina glauca (Sheep Fescue) · F. ovina tenuifolia (Sheep Fescue) · F. ovina var. brevifolia (Sheep Fescue) · F. ovina var. glauca 'Elijah Blue' (Blue Fescue) · F. ovina var. glauca 'Golden Toupee' (Golden Fescue) · F. ovina var. glauca 'Sea Urchin' (Blue Fescue) · F. ovina var. glauca 'Solling' (Blue Fescue) · F. ovina var. ovina (Sheep Fescue) · F. ovina 'Aberfleece' (Sheep's Fescue 'aberfleece') · F. ovina 'Cantona' (Sheep's Fescue 'cantona') · F. paradoxa (Cluster Fescue) · F. parishii (Parish's California Fescue) · F. pinnata (Heath False Brome) · F. pontica (Yumak Out) · F. pratensis (Festuca Pratensis) · F. pratensis 'Cosmonaut' (Meadow Fescue 'cosmonaut') · F. prolifera (Prolific Fescue) · F. richardsonii (Richardson's Fescue) · F. roemeri (Roemer's Fescue) · F. rubra (Ravine Fescue) · F. rubra arctica (Richardson's Fescue) · F. rubra arenaria (Ravine Fescue) · F. rubra arnicola (Ravine Fescue) · F. rubra aucta (Blooming Sally) · F. rubra commutata (Chewing's Fescue) · F. rubra fallax (Flat Leaved Red Fescue) · F. rubra juncea var. juncea (Arctic Red Fescue) · F. rubra pruinosa (Ravine Fescue) · F. rubra rubra (Red Fescue) · F. rubra secunda (Ravine Fescue) · F. rubra secunda var. secunda (Arctic Red Fescue) · F. rubra vallicola (Ravine Fescue) · F. rubra var. mediana (Arctic Red Fescue) · F. rubra 'Abercharm' (Red Fescue 'abercharm') · F. rubra 'Amarone' (Red Fescue 'amarone') · F. rubra 'Blenheim' (Red Fescue 'blenheim') · F. rubra 'Greencard' (Red Fescue 'greencard') · F. rubra 'Heidrun' (Red Fescue 'heidrun') · F. rubra 'Jughandle' (Red Fescue) · F. rubra 'Relevant' (Red Fescue 'relevant') · F. rubra 'Rosetti 1' (Red Fescue 'rosetti 1') · F. rubra 'Rossinante' (Red Fescue 'rossinante') · F. rubra 'Sergei' (Red Fescue 'sergei')
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 291.
- 1997 IUCN red list of threatened plants Cambridge: IUCN, World Conservation Union, 1998 url p. 659.
- A Pasture handbook / by A.T. Semple. .. [et al.]; a foreword by Henry A. Wallace. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1934. url p. 12.
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 15, p. 20, p. 28, p. 67.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 191.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 166, p. 166, p. 167, p. 167.
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 768.
- A flora of western middle California, Berkeley, Cal., Encina Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 194.
- A handbook for farmers and dairymen. New York, J. Wiley & sons; [etc., etc.]1908. url p. 110.
- A list of the plants of the Pribilof Islands, Bering Sea, with notes on their distribution. url .
- A manual of farm grasses, Washington, D. C., The author, 1921. url , p. 111.
- A manual of farm grasses, by A. S. Hitchcock. Washington, D. C.: The author, 1921. url p. 111.
- A manual of farm grasses. Washington, Hitchcock, 1921. url p. 111.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 4 1941 1941. url p. 948.
- A monographic rearrangement of Lophodermium, Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1935 url p. 66.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 205, p. 252, p. 253.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 252.
- A preliminary catalogue of the flora of Vancouver and Queen Charlotte Islands. Victoria, B.C., Printed by W. H. Cullin, 1921. url p. 17.
- A preliminary report on the biology of Harding County, northwestern South Dakota / by Stephen S. Visher. Pierre, S.D.: State Publishing Co., 1914. url p. 36.
- A supplementary list of Chinese flowering plants, 1904-1910, url .
- A text-book of grasses with especial reference to the economic species of the United States, by A. S. Hitchcock. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url p. 252.
- A text-book of grasses: with especial reference to the economic species of the United States / by A.S. Hitchock. New York: Macmillan, 1914. url p. 252.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url , .
- Additions to the flora of Connecticut / E.B. Harger. .. [et al.]. Boston?: New England Botanical Club, 1917? url p. 120.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url .
- Alaska / Harriman Alaska Expedition. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1901-1910. url p. 29.
- Alaska. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1901- url p. 29.
- American farming and stock raising, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments, ed. by Charles L. Flint; with an appendix by Manly Miles. Illustrated with over six hundred engravings. New York, Casselberry, 1892. url p. 152.
- American grasses. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1900. url p. 295.
- An environmental profile of the Black Sea Coast WCMC url p. 22.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 216, p. 223, p. 224.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 270.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 167.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 121.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 10 1899 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 36, p. 39.
- Annual report of the Board of Control of the State Agricultural Experiment Station at Amherst, Mass. [S.l.: s.n.], -1895 url p. 194, p. 205, p. 51.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 243, p. 244, p. 98.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 13.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 177, p. 179.
- Atlas of the rare vascular plants of Ontario / Ottawa: Botany Division, National Museum of Natural Sciences = Division de la botanique, Musée national des sciences naturelles, 1982-1987. url .
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 47 - 51 1980 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 120, p. 15, p. 24, p. 27, p. 31, p. 46, p. 62.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 339.
- Blakeney Point, Norfolk: topography and vegetation / F. W. Oliver and E. J. Salisbury. London: F.T. Smith, 1913. url p. 20, p. 22, p. 25, p. 26, p. 29, p. 30, p. 41.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 223, p. 352, p. 41, p. 81.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 14 1971 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 62.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url , , , , , , , , .
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url p. 50.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 298, p. 298.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 1017, p. 1037, p. 315, p. 329, p. 336, p. 897.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 131.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 112, p. 112, p. 127, p. 127, p. 43.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 101, p. 111, p. 15, p. 24, p. 34, p. 36, p. 39, p. 39, p. 40, p. 40, p. 44, p. 45, p. 49, p. 50, p. 6, p. 77, p. 77, p. 8, p. 9.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1919 1919 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 32.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 65, p. 69, p. 75, p. 77, p. 78, p. 79, p. 92.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 11, p. 21, p. 24, p. 31, p. 6, p. 6, p. 6, p. 70.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 263.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 283, p. 284.
- Cassell's dictionary of practical gardening; an illustrated encyclopædia of practical horticulture for all classes; ed. by Walter P. Wright. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1902. url p. 2.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 425, p. 76.
- Circular / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry, 1908-1913. url p. 8.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 3, p. 7.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 193.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , .
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url , p. 2, p. 608, p. 93.
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 323, p. 328, p. 333, p. 356, p. 359, p. 363.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 12, p. 13.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 374, p. 447.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada; New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url .
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 374, p. 447.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 149, p. 176, p. 268, p. 312, p. 444, p. 519.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 230.
- Descriptive notes on the topography and vegetation of some localities visited by the excursion in Denmark arranged for the members of l'Association internationale des botanistes, June 22nd-July 3rd, 1 Ed. by the Dansk botanisk forening. København, Dansk botanisk forenings forlag, 1913. url p. 7, p. 8.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 163.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 121, p. 341, p. 450, p. 696, p. 697, p. 699, p. 767.
- Diseases of plants induced by cryptogamic parasites: introduction to the study of pathogenic Fungi, slime-Fungi, bacteria, & Algae / London; Longmans, Green & co., 1897. url , .
- Ecological investigations of the tundra biome in the Prudhoe Bay region, Alaska / edited by Jerry Brown. [Fairbanks: University of Alaska], 1975. url p. 101, p. 106, p. 190, p. 204, p. 93.
- Ecological study of the Amoco Cadiz oil spill: report of the NOAA-CNEXO Joint Scientific Commission. [Rockville, Md.]: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration;  url , , p. 364, p. 365.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 348.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 177.
- Environmental assessment of the Alaskan Continental Shelf: Annual reports of principal investigators. [Boulder, Colo.]: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, Office of Marine Pollution Assessment, url p. 50.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 78, p. 9.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 56.
- Family #15, Gramineae / Richard W. Pohl. 4 1980 [Chicago]: Field Museum of Natural History, 1980. url fig. 83 , p. 165, p. 238, p. 240, p. 244, p. 600.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 130.
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 196.
- Fishery circular / U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Fisheries. [Washington]: The Bureau, 1931-1939. url p. 37, p. 46, p. 50, p. 52, p. 55.
- Flora of Burlington and vicinity; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation, by Nellie F. Flynn. Burlington, Free Press Printing Co., 1911. url p. 12, p. 12.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 50.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 50, p. 50.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 77.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 20.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 203, p. 385, p. 439, p. 458.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 100, p. 99.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 159.
- Flora of Mount Desert Island, Maine: a preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands / by Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield; with a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert Island. Cambridge, Mass.: J. Wilson, 1894. url p. 181.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 168.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 36, p. 37.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 46.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 89.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 104, p. 201, p. 203, p. 204, p. 205, p. 30, p. 565, p. 58, p. 63, p. 64, p. 67, p. 68, p. 70, p. 86.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 84.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. 2 1934 [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 415, p. 616.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 57.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 155, p. 155, p. 156, p. 156.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url , .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 137, p. 45.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 137.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 144.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , , , , , , , , , , , p. 996.
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Flowers of the field, by the late Rev. C. A. Johns. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url p. 548.
- Fodder and pasture plants / by Geo. H. Clark and M. Oscar Malte; with colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, Canada: available at the Office of the Superintendent of Stationery, Government Printing Bureau, 1913. url p. 72.
- Fodder and pasture plants, Ottawa, Minister of Agriculture, 1913. url .
- Fodder and pasture plants, by Geo. H. Clark, B.S.A. and M. Oscar Malte, Ph.D. With water colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Pub. in 1913. Reprinted by direction of the Honourable W.R. Motherwell, minister of agriculture, O Ottawa, F.A. Acland, Printer, 1923. url p. 72.
- Fodder and pasture plants, by George H. Clark and M. Oscar Malte. Ottawa, Minister of Agriculture, 1913. url p. 72.
- Food for plants. New York, Chilean Nitrate of Soda Educational Bureau, [192-?] url p. 226.
- Food for plants. New ed. with supplementary notes. Edited and published by William S. Myers. New York: [s.n., 1922?] url p. 191.
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url , p. 224, p. 226.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url , p. 224, p. 226.
- Gardeners' chronicle of America. New York: Chronicle Press, 1905-1950. url p. 485.
- Genesis and development of sand formations on marine coasts, Rock Island, Ill., Augustana Book Concern, Printers, 1910. url .
- Grasses / Boston: Press of Rockwell and Churchill, 1896. url p. 11.
- Grasses and forage plants, by J. B. Killebrew. .. Knoxville, Printed for University of Tennessee Press, by S. B. Newman, 1899. url , p. 135, p. 27.
- Grasses and forage plants, by J.B. Killebrew. Knoxville, Printed for University of Tennessee Press, by S. B. Newman, 1899. url p. 138, p. 27.
- Grasses of North America chapters on the physiology, composition, selection, improving and cultivation of grasses, management of grass lands, also chapters on clovers, injurious insects and fungi / by W.J. Beal. New York: H. Holt, 1896, c1887. url p. 202, p. 25.
- Grasses: a handbook for use in the field and laboratory / by H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge: University Press, 1901. url p. 13, p. 147, p. 151, p. 171, p. 172, p. 180, p. 34, p. 46, p. 69.
- Grasses; a handbook for use in the field and laboratory. By H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge, University Press, 1908. url p. 13, p. 147, p. 151, p. 171, p. 172, p. 180, p. 46, p. 69.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 736.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 102.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 475.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 516, p. 517, p. 528.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , .
- Handbook of grasses, treating of their structure, classification, geographical distribution and uses, also describing the British species and their habitats. London, Macmillan, 1910. url .
- Harriman Alaska series. City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1910-1914. url p. 29.
- Harriman Alaska series. vol. I-V, VIII-XIV Washington, D.C., Smithsonian Institution, 1910-14 url p. 29.
- Horse breeding in theory and practice / by Burchard von Oettingen; translated from German. London: Sampson Low, Marston & Co., 1909. url p. 416.
- Horse breeding: in theory and practice / by Burchard von Oettingen; translated from German. London: Sampson Low, Marston & Co., 1909. url p. 416.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 12, p. 346, p. 418, p. 438, p. 512.
- How to know the grasses; pictured-keys for determining the common and important American grasses, with suggestions and aids for their study. Dubuque, Iowa, W. C. Brown Co. url p. 73.
- Illustrations of the New Zealand flora / edited by T.F. Cheeseman with the assistance of W.B. Hemsley; the plates drawn by Matilda Smith. Wellington: John Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1914. url p. 461, p. 550.
- Improving California ranges / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1945. url , .
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1770, p. 1771.
- Introduction to plant geography and some related sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 369, p. 601, p. 624.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, H. Milford, Oxford University Press, 1922-1925. url p. 97.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 112.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 467, p. 478, p. 481, p. 482.
- Journal of the International Garden Club. New York, International garden club. url p. 109.
- Kalm's account of his visit to England: on his way to America in 1748 / London; Macmillan, 1892. url .
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, [c1919] url .
- Labrador, the country and the people, New York, The Macmillan co., 1913. url .
- Labrador: the country and the people / by Wilfred T. Grenfell and others. New York: Macmillan Co., 1909. url p. 410.
- Landscape reclamation: a report on research into problems of reclaiming derelict land, by a research team of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. GuildfordIPC Science and Technology Press1971- url p. 104, p. 106, p. 111, p. 112, p. 90, p. 91.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , p. 10, p. 267, p. 295, p. 78.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 46, p. 47, p. 528, p. 54.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 55.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 59.
- MAB Biosphere Reserves: Site Descriptions, post compilation 5 (October 1990) UNESCO MAB Programme url .
- Making a lawn, by Luke J. Doogue. New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1912. url p. 16.
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by the late Charles Cardale Babington. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1904. url p. 505.
- Manual of British grasses / 1907 London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent,  url p. 153, p. 160.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1092.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 146.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 5, p. 74, p. 75, p. 861, p. 862.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 132.
- Manures and fertilizers; a text-book for college students and a work of reference for all interested in the scientific aspects of modern farming, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 156.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 230.
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 101, p. 64.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , , p. 102.
- Money in grasses. The experience of other nations from which the farmer, and especially the American farmer, may profit. With a short account of the city of Arnhem, the centre of the grass-seed industry in Europe. Arnhem (Holland)Barenbrug, Burgers & co. url , .
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 70.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 33, p. 99.
- New Zealand plants and their story, by L. Cockayne. Wellington, J. Mackay, government printer, 1910. url p. 87.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- North American species of Festuca / Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1906. url p. 1, p. 2, p. 20, p. 21, p. 23, p. 24, p. 27, p. 7.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1904 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 186, p. 187, p. 198, p. 202, p. 203, p. 225.
- Notes on the flora of western Nova Scotia, 1921 / M.L. Fernald. Cambridge, MA: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1922. url p. 162.
- Notes on the natural history of common British animals and some of their foreign relations. by Kate M. Hall. London: Adlard and Son, Bartholomew Press, 1913. url p. 160.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 107, p. 231, p. 266, p. 289, p. 319, p. 321, p. 324, p. 326, p. 327, p. 359.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 107, p. 231, p. 266, p. 289, p. 319, p. 321, p. 324, p. 326, p. 327, p. 359.
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 259.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Kansas. [1900?- url p. 140.
- Pasture studies: some results, Bangor [Wales]Jarvis & Foster, printers, 1919. url , , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, by Martin J. Sutton. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., limited, 1911. url p. 11, p. 52, p. 57.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 62, p. 63.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 1, p. 10, p. 11, p. 12, p. 13, p. 14, p. 15, p. 16, p. 225, p. 245, p. 284, p. 3, p. 361, p. 6, p. 77, p. 8.
- Plant succession; an analysis of the development of vegetation, Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1916. url , .
- Plantae Bakerianae by Edw. L. Greene, and others. Washington, D.C.: s.n., 1901 url p. 45.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 137, p. 137.
- Plantæ Bakerianæ / by Edw. L. Greene and others. [Washington, D.C.: s.n., 1901. url p. 45.
- Postelsia: the year book of the Minnesota Seaside Station. St. Paul, Minn.: Pioneer Press, 1902-1906. url p. 25.
- Practical notes on grasses & grass growing in East Anglia. London, Jarrold, 1897. url , .
- Preliminary list of plants growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire. Comp. by Frederick W. Batchelder. Manchester, N. H., Manchester institute of arts and sciences url p. 10.
- Principles and practice of harbour construction. London, Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 22.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 84.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 658.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 185, p. 188, p. 71.
- Pteridophyta, Gymnospermae and Monocotyledones / by O. Gelert and C.H. Ostenfeld. Copenhagen: Nordiske forlag, 1902. url p. 130.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 54, p. 55, p. 57, p. 65, p. 67, p. 69, p. 7, p. 72.
- Records of seed distribution and cooperative experiments with grasses and forage plants. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1902. url p. 14.
- Report of the Brown-Harvard Expedition to Nachvak, Labrador, 1900 / by E.B. Delabarre. Providence, R.I.: Preston & Rounds Co., 1902. url p. 175.
- Report of the Brown-Harvard expedition to Nachvak, Labrador, 1900, Providence, R.I., Preston & Rounds co., 1902. url p. 175.
- Report of the Canadian Arctic Expedition 1913-18. Ottawa, F. A. Acland, Printer to the King, 1919- url , , , .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 146, p. 203.
- Report of the Second Norwegian Arctic expedition in the "Fram" 1898-1902. .. Kristiania, In commission by T. O. Brøgger, 1907-1919. url , .
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , .
- Report of the second Norwegian Arctic Expedition in the "Fram", 1898-1902. Published by Videnskabs-selskabet i Kristiania, at the expense of the Fridjof Nansen Fund for the Advancement of Science. KristianiaT.O. Brøgger1907-19 url .
- Report on the conservation status of Erigeron lackschewitzii: a candidate threatened species / Bonnie L. Heidel. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , p. 13.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 102.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 353.
- Sable Island, with a catalogue of its vascular plants / by Harold St. John. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1921. url p. 41, p. 64.
- Schlich's Manual of forestry. London: Bradbury, Agnew & Co., 1904-1906. url p. 650.
- Science progress. London: Scientific Press, [1894-1898] url p. 383.
- Scientific feeding of the domestic animals, by Martin Klimmer. Chicago, A. Eger, 1923. url p. 235, p. 39, p. 41.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 38, p. 97.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 142.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 222, p. 223, p. 611.
- Selected vertebrate endangered species of the seacoast of the United States / prepared by National Fish and Wildlife Laboratory, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. [Washington]: The Service: [for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.], 1980. url p. 6.
- Shade gardens / by Oliver E. Allen and the editors of Time-Life Books. Alexandria, Va.: Time-Life Books, c1979. url p. 111.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 155.
- Soil conditions and plant growth, by Edward J. Russell. .. London, New York [etc.]Longmans, Green & co., 1921. url .
- Soil conditions and plant growth. LondonLongmans, Green1921 url p. 314.
- Some grasses of the Northeast: a key to their identification by vegetative characters. Newark, Delaware: University of Delaware, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1962. url p. 10, p. 15, p. 16.
- Spixiana. 12 1989 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 234, p. 236.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 150, p. 188, p. 191.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 11, p. 3, p. 35, p. 7.
- Studies on Rocky Mountain flora. New York, New York Botanical Garden, 1899-1913. url p. 608.
- Survey for Botrychium paradoxum in the vicinity of Storm Lake, Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1993. url p. 17, p. 53.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url , , p. 111, p. 142, p. 26, p. 28, p. 29, p. 29, p. 29, p. 6, p. 70, p. 74, p. 75.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 127.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 101, p. 102, p. 106, p. 115, p. 115, p. 131, p. 163, p. 165, p. 172, p. 173, p. 227, p. 228, p. 229, p. 233, p. 233, p. 235, p. 238, p. 240, p. 241, p. 245, p. 247, p. 258, p. 258, p. 27, p. 34, p. 34, p. 35, p. 37, p. 37, p. 40, p. 42, p. 44, p. 55, p. 56, p. 96.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , .
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 53.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 64 1950 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 109, p. 109, p. 110, p. 110, p. 111, p. 116, p. 130, p. 156, p. 157, p. 158, p. 168, p. 171, p. 18, p. 183, p. 195, p. 200, p. 254, p. 255, p. 269, p. 279, p. 289, p. 297, p. 32, p. 337, p. 344, p. 35, p. 36, p. 419, p. 422, p. 423, p. 448, p. 45, p. 452, p. 467, p. 468, p. 506, p. 51, p. 538, p. 54, p. 57, p. 572, p. 59, p. 61, p. 632, p. 633, p. 76, p. 76, p. 80, p. 81, p. 89, p. 90, p. 98.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 135, p. 14, p. 50, p. 59.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 33, p. 405.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 116, p. 61, p. 63, p. 80, p. 98.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 30, p. 31, p. 33, p. 34, p. 35, p. 37, p. 45, p. 50, p. 51, p. 60, p. 61, p. 63.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 373, p. 541.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 538.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 296.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892 [c1890] url .
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 212, p. 268.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 145, p. 643.
- The Scottish botanical review. Edinburgh: Neill & Co., 1912. url p. 215.
- The Thesis [i.e. Tsesis] oil spill: report of the first year scientific study (October 26, 1977 to December 1978): a cooperative international investigation / by Askö Laboratory, University of Stockholm [and] Swedish Water and Air Pollution Research Institute [and] U.S. Department of Commerce, Office of Marine Pollution Assessment, National Oceanic and Atmo Boulder, Colo.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Outer Continental Environmental Assessment Program,  url p. 170.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url p. 136.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 38 1956 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 347, p. 351, p. 353, p. 354, p. 358, p. 360, p. 366, p. 367, p. 368, p. 369, p. 371, p. 373, p. 374, p. 375, p. 376, p. 380, p. 381, p. 391.
- The University of Missouri studies. [Columbia]: The University, 1905-1918. url p. 183, p. 35.
- The Victoria history of the county of Buckingham. Edited by William Page. [LondonConstable]1905-1927 url .
- The art & craft of garden making / Thomas H. Mawson. London: B.T. Batsford;  url p. 129.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 38.
- The book of grasses: an illustrated guide to the common grasses, and the most common of the rushes and sedges / by Mary Evans Francis; illustrated by H.H. Knight, Arthur G. Eldredge and Sarah Francis Dorrance. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1912. url p. 218, p. 28, p. 35.
- The book of grasses; an illustrated guide to the common grasses, and the most common of the rushes and sedges, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1912. url , , .
- The book of the goat: containing full particulars of the various breeds of goats and their profitable management / by H. S. Holmes Pegler. London: Gill, . url p. 130.
- The botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge and Eug. Warming. Copenhagen, J. Frimodt, 1912- url p. 310, p. 319, p. 332.
- The century supplement to the dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / by Geo. Nicholson. .. [et al.]. Hyde Park, Mass.: Geo. T. King; 1901. url p. 402.
- The classification of flowering plants. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1904-25. url p. 240.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 902, p. 903.
- The culture of vegetables and flowers from seeds and roots, by Sutton and sons. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co. ltd., 1908. url p. 383.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 283, p. 284.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 199, p. 368, p. 47, p. 585, p. 635, p. 80, p. 86, p. 92.
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 35.
- The flora of Disko Island and the adjacent coast of West Greenland from 66-71 N. lat.: with remarks on phytogeography, ecology, flowering, fructification and hibernation / by Morten P. Porsild; assisted by A. Erling Porsild. København: B. Lunos bogt., 1920 [i.e. 1926]- url p. 45, p. 45.
- The flora of Glamorgan, including the spermaphytes & vascular cryptogams, with index. Prepared under the direction of a committee of the Cardiff Naturalists' Society. Edited by A. H. Trow. Cardiff, Printed for the Society by W. Lewis, 1911. url p. 180.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 127.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url .
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1898-99. url .
- The genera of grasses of the United States: with special reference to the economic species / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1920. url p. 31, p. 32.
- The grass thrips, Anaphothrips striata (Osb.) / Warren E. Hinds. Amherst, Mass.: Massachusetts Agricultural College,  url p. 14.
- The grasses and grasslands of South Africa, Pietermaritzburg, P. David & Sons, Ltd., Printers, 1918. url .
- The grasses of Iowa / L. H. Pammel, J. B. Weems, and F. Lamson-Schribner. Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1901-1904  i.e. 1905] url p. 258, p. 277, p. 279, p. 91.
- The mollusca of Somerset; land, freshwater, estuarine and marine, by E.W. Swanton. Taunton, Somersetshire Archaeological and Natural History Society, 1912 [i.e. 1911-12] url .
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , .
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 187.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 29, p. 68.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 243.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 244.
- The potentialities of revegetating and utilizing agronomic species on strip mined areas in Illinois. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois, Agricultural Experiment Station url p. 13, p. 16, p. 9.
- The seeding and preservation of golf links, New York, J. M. Thorburn & co.[c1908] url p. 7.
- The subantarctic islands of New Zealand. Reports on the geo-physics, geology, zoology, and botany of the islands lying to the south of New Zealand, based mainly on observatiohs and collections made during an expedition in the government stea Ed. by Chas. Chilton. Pub. by the Philosophical institute of Canterbury. Wellington, N.Z., Printed by J. Mackay, govt. printer, 1909. url p. 481.
- The vascular flora of the eastern Penobscot Bay region, Maine. [Portland, Maine, 1919. url p. 218, p. 283.
- The vascular plants in the flora of Ellesmereland / H. G. Simmons. Kristiania: Videnskabs-selskabet i Kristiania, 1906. url p. 154.
- The vegetation and phytogeography of coastal southwestern James Bay / Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum, 1980. url p. 10, p. 13, p. 14, p. 4, p. 7, p. 8, p. 9.
- The vegetation of Shackleford Bank / by I.F. Lewis. Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton, 1917. url p. 25, p. 27.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , .
- Torreya. 12 1912 Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 176, p. 223, p. 224, p. 226, p. 32, p. 46, p. 99.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , , p. 116, p. 124, p. 146, p. 156, p. 28, p. 320, p. 357, p. 357, p. 87.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 396.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 157, p. 37.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url p. 152, p. 152.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 249.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 24, p. 45.
- Vertebrate ecology and systematics: a tribute to Henry S. Fitch / edited by Richard A. Seigel. .. [et al.]. Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1984. url p. 205.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 328, p. 595, p. 636.
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1895-1923. url p. 328, p. 636.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- "Festuca rubra". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 227, 236, 237, 238, 240. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 14, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 7 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 27, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Oviedo. Departamento de Biología de Organismos y Sistemas: FCO
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2661005
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-524076
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2481042
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:60436999-2
- GRIN Nomen Number: 16718
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 40796
- MoBot NameID: 25509643
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA2V0Q0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: FERUL FERU
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 38607
- Sheng-lian Lu, Xiang Chen & Susan G. Aiken "Festuca". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 1, 225, 242. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Festuca rubra". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 227, 236, 237, 238, 240. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Standard Deviation = 485.720 based on 60,865 observations. Terrestrial altitude and ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]