, usually with essential oils-containing cavities in foliage
, and flowers. Stipules absent or small and caducous
. Leaves opposite, occasionally alternate, occasionally ternate
or pseudo-whorled; leaf blade
with secondary veins pinnate or basal, often with intramarginal veins
, margin usually entire. Inflorescences axillary
but variously arranged, 1- to many-flowered. Flowers bisexual
, sometimes polygamous, actinomorphic
. Hypanthium usually adnate
to ovary and prolonged above it. Calyx lobes
(3 or) 4 or 5 or more, distinct
into a calyptra. Petals 4 or 5, sometimes absent, distinct or connate into a calyptra, sometimes coherent and pseudocalyptrate. Stamens usually numerous
, in 1 to several whorls; filaments
distinct or connate into 5 bundles opposite petals; anthers
, dehiscing longitudinally or rarely terminally; connectives
usually terminating in 1 or more apical glands
. Ovary inferior, semi-inferior, or very rarely superior, carpels 2 to more, locules 1 to many, pseudoseptum sometimes present, placentation usually axile
but occasionally parietal
; ovules 1 to several per locule. Style single; stigma single. Fruit a capsule, berry, drupaceous
berry, or drupe, 1- to many-seeded. Seeds without endosperm or endosperm sparse and thin; testa cartilaginous
or thinly membranous, sometimes absent; embryo straight or curved
About 130 genera and 4500-5000 species: Mediterranean region, sub-Saharan Africa, Madagascar, tropical and temperate Asia, Australia, Pacific islands, tropical and South America; 10 genera (five introduced ) and 121 species (50 endemic, 32 introduced treated here) in China.
Many Myrtaceae are cultivated garden ornamentals , street trees, or plantation trees. Some members of tribe Syzygieae are grown as fruit crops. In addition to the cultivated members of the family treated here, some others grown in China include Acca sellowiana (O. Berg ) Burrett (Feijoa sellowiana (O. Berg) O. Berg), Myrtus communis Linnaeus, and Syncarpia glomulifera (Smith) Niedenzu.
, stringy, or tessellated. Leaves usually polymorphic
with different juvenile and mature
forms and sometimes with intermediate forms. Juvenile leaves opposite, 3 to several pairs, shortly petiolate
or sessile; leaf blade
often glaucous or with glandular
; juvenile foliage
sometimes persisting throughout life of plant. Mature leaves alternate, petiolate; leaf blade usually leathery, secondary veins numerous
, with intramarginal veins
. Inflorescences axillary
or clustered into terminal
or axillary panicles, consisting of umbelliform condensed dichasia. Flowers bisexual
. Hypanthium campanulate
, obconic, or semiglobose, stipitate
or not, apex usually truncate
. Sepals rarely distinct
. Petals connate
, either adnate
to sepals into a 1-layered calyptra or not adnate and then with connate sepals forming a 2-layered calyptra; calyptra deciduous at anthesis
. Stamens numerous, usually distinct, in several whorls with outer whorl usually sterile
2-celled, parallel or oblique
, cordate, or bifurcate
, dehiscing longitudinally or occasionally poricidally. Ovary adnate to hypanthium, 2-7-loculed; ovules numerous. Style persistent
. Whole or most of capsule included
in expanded hypanthium; disk often well developed; valves
exserted from hypanthium, equaling hypanthium rim, or included in hypanthium. Seeds numerous, many sterile and undeveloped
, developed seeds ovate or angular; testa rigid
, sometimes developed into wings
About 700 species: mainly in Australia, with a minor representation in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, and the Philippines; about 110 species cultivated in China with only 25 major ones treated here.
The genus is treated here in the broad sense, i.e. , the segregate Corymbia is not recognized.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Myrtanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Eucalyptus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 159 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
E. acaciiformis (Wattle-Leaved Peppermint) · E. aggregata (Rodway Black Gum) · E. alba (White Eucalyptus) · E. albens (White Box) · E. albida (White-Leaved Mallee) · E. albopurpurea (Coffin Bay Mallee) · E. alpina (Grampian Stringybark) · E. andrewsii (New England Ash) · E. angulosa (Kwaral) · E. angustissima (Narrow-Leaved Mallee) · E. apiculata (Narrow-Leaved Mallee Ash) · E. approximans (Barren Mountain Mallee) · E. archeri (Apple Cider Gum) · E. aspratilis (Flat-Topped Yate) · E. badjensis (Badja Gum Tree) · E. baeuerlenii (Baeuerlens Gum) · E. barberi (Barbers Gum Tree) · E. baxteri (Brown Stringybark) · E. blakelyi (Blakelys Red Gum) · E. botryoides (Bangalay) · E. bridgesiana (Apple Box) · E. brookeriana (Brookers Gum) · E. burdettiana (Burdetts Gum) · E. caesia (Gungurru) · E. caesia magna (Silver Princess) · E. caesia 'Magna' (Silver Princess Gum) · E. caliginosa (Broad-Leaved Stringybark) · E. calophylla (Redgum) · E. calycogona (Gooseberry Mallee) · E. camaldulensis (Red Gum) · E. camaldulensis var. obtusa (Red River Gum) · E. campaspe (Silver Gimlet) · E. camphora (Broad-Leaved Sallee) · E. cannonii (Capertree Stringybark) · E. cernua (Red-Flowered Moort) · E. cinerea (Argyle Apple) · E. cladocalyx (Sugar Gum) · E. cladocalyx var. nana (Dwarf Sugar Gum) · E. cloeziana (Gympie Messmate) · E. coccifera (Tasmanian Snow Gum) · E. conferruminata (Busy Yate) · E. consideniana (Prickly Stringybark) · E. cordata (Heart-Leaved Silver Gum) · E. cornuta (Yate) · E. coronata (Crowned Mallee) · E. crebra (Narrow-Leaved Red Ironbark) · E. crenulata (Buxton Gum) · E. crucis (Silver Mallee) · E. curtisii (Plunkett Mallee) · E. cyanophylla (Blue-Leaved Mallee) · E. cylindriflora (White Mallee) · E. cypellocarpa (Monkey Gum) · E. dealbata (Hill Gum) · E. deanei (Deanes Gum) · E. debeuzevillei (Jonama Snow Gum) · E. deglupta (Indonesian Gum) · E. diversicolor (Karri) · E. doratoxylon (Spearwood Mallee) · E. effusa (Rough-Barked Gimlet) · E. elata (River Peppermint) · E. erythrocorys (Illyarrie) · E. forrestiana (Fuchsia Gum) · E. fruticetorum (Eucalyptus) · E. gamophylla (Blue-Leaved Mallee) · E. gillii (Arkaroola Mallee) · E. glaucescens (Tingiringi Gum) · E. globoidea (White Stringybark) · E. globulus (Blue Gum) · E. globulus bicostata (Eurabbie) · E. globulus globulus (Bluegum Eucalyptus) · E. globulus globulus var. globulus (Tasmanian Blue Gum) · E. globulus maidenii (Maiden´s Gum) · E. gomphocephala (Tuart) · E. goniocalyx (Mountain Graygum) · E. grandis (Flooded Gum) · E. gregsoniana (Mallee Snow Gum) · E. grossa (Coarse-Leaved Mallee) · E. gunnii (Cider Gum) · E. gunnii 'Blue Ice' (Cider Gum) · E. gunnii 'Silver Drop' (Cider Gum) · E. haemastoma (Scribbly Gum) · E. halophila (Eucalyptus) · E. intertexta (Red Box) · E. jacksonii (Red Tingle) · E. kitsoniana (Bog Gum) · E. kruseana (Bookleaf Mallee) · E. lansdowneana (Box) · E. largiflorens (Black Box) · E. lehmannii (Bushy Yate) · E. leucoxylon (Eucalyptus) · E. leucoxylon leucoxylon (White Iron Bark) · E. leucoxylon var. Rosea (Yellow Gum) · E. loxophleba loxophleba (Eucalyptus) · E. macrocarpa (Blue Bush) · E. marginata (Jarrah) · E. microcorys (Australian Tallow Wood) · E. microtheca (Coolibah) · E. moorei nana (Little Sally) · E. morrisbyi (Morrisby's Gum) · E. mortoniana (Morton Eucalyptus)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the Coccidæ of the world. [By] Mrs. Maria E. Fernald, A.M. Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1903. url p. 311, p. 43, p. 44, p. 95, p. 96.
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url p. 525, p. 531.
- A critical revision of the genus Eucalyptus, by J.H. Maiden. Sydney, Gullick, 1903-33. url , , , p. 10, p. 103, p. 103, p. 138, p. 138, p. 145, p. 191, p. 192, p. 200, p. 217, p. 246, p. 249, p. 280, p. 315, p. 33, p. 336, p. 35, p. 367, p. 490, p. 5, p. 537, p. 586, p. 73, p. 73, p. 75, p. 75, p. 76, p. 78, p. 79, p. 79, p. 81, p. 81, p. 90.
- A descriptive catalogue of the scale insects ("Coccidae") of Australia / by W.W. Froggatt. Sydney: W.A. Gullick, government printer, 1915-1921. url p. 110, p. 122, p. 124.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 60, p. 70.
- A handbook for eucalyptus planters / State Board of Forestry, in co-operation with the Forest Service, U.S. Dept. Agriculture. Sacramento: Superintendent State Printing, 1908. url p. 48.
- A manual of Indian timbers: an account of the structure, growth, distribution, and qualities of Indian woods. CalcuttaOffice of the Superintendent of Govt. Printing1881 url p. 188.
- A manual of Indian timbers; an account of the growth, distribution, and uses of the trees and shrubs of India and Ceylon with descriptions of their wood-structure, by J. S. Gamble... London: S. Low, Marston & co. ltd., 1902. url p. 352.
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 555.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 98, p. 99.
- A manual of forestry. LondonBradbury, Agnew1906-25 url p. 274.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 315, p. 318.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url fig. 362, p. 640.
- A manual of the Nílagiri district in the Madras Presidency. Compiled and edited by H. B. Grigg. Madras, Printed by E. Keys at the Government Press, 1880. url p. 131, p. 452.
- A practical treatise on tree culture in South Australia. Adelaide, Printed and lithographed by E. Spiller, Government Printer, 1881. url , .
- A research on the eucalypts, especially in regard to their essential oils, SydneyW.A. Gullick, Govt. Printer1920 url , p. 111, p. 13, p. 14, p. 208, p. 210, p. 220, p. 384, p. 468.
- A research on the eucalypts: especially in regard to their essential oils / by Richard T. Baker and Henry G. Smith. Sydney: Pub. by authority of the government of the state of New South Wales, W.A. Gullick, government printer, 1920. url , , p. 111, p. 14, p. 207, p. 208, p. 210, p. 220, p. 384, p. 385, p. 388, p. 461, p. 468.
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 439.
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy: intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and a handbook for food and drug analysts / by Henry Kraemer. Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott company[c1910] url p. 408, p. 655.
- A text-book of materia medica and pharmacy for medical students / by V.E. Henderson. Toronto: University Press,  url p. 57.
- About trees, shrubs, and climbing plants for South Africa; concise hints on the making of farm plantations, shrubberies. .. Maritzburg, 1919. url , p. 116, p. 47.
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 171, p. 229, p. 35, p. 429, p. 431.
- American breeders magazine / American Breeders Association. [Washington, D.C.: ]The Association, url p. 191.
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 152, p. 70.
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 57.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 252.
- Annals of the South African Museum. Annale van die Suid-Afrikaanse Museum. Cape Town [etc., South African Museum, etc.] url p. 19.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 20 1909 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 182.
- Annual report of the Director of Forestry. Manila [etc.] url p. 44.
- Annual report of the Office of Experiment Stations. .. / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1902-1913. url p. 438.
- Australian pictures drawn from pen and pencil; by Howard Willoughby. .. with a map and one hundred and seven illustrations from sketches and photographs, engraved by E. Whymper and others. London: The Religious tract society, 1886. url p. 222.
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 168.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 10 1942 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 155.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 147, p. 203, p. 5.
- Bulletin / Arizona Agricultural Experiment Station. Tucson: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of Arizona, 1890-1960. url p. 429, p. 58, p. 74, p. 97.
- Bulletin / Department of Agriculture, Forestry Division. Washington: G.P.O., url p. 23.
- Bulletin / Hatch Experiment Station of the Massachusetts Agricultural College. [S.l.: s.n.], 1888- url p. 311, p. 43, p. 44, p. 95, p. 96.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Forestry. Washington: G.P.O., 1902-1905. url , , , , , , , , p. 10, p. 106, p. 11, p. 12, p. 17, p. 30, p. 32, p. 45, p. 76, p. 8, p. 82, p. 84, p. 86, p. 87, p. 88, p. 9.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1906 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 139, p. 230, p. 356, p. 403, p. 72.
- Bulletin of the Department of Agriculture, Jamaica. Kingston, Dept. of Agriculture, Jamaica. url p. 72.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 60.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url , , , , , p. 110, p. 116, p. 62, p. 63, p. 77, p. 80, p. 81, p. 95.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 280.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1844, p. 1846, p. 1847, p. 1980, p. 555.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 151.
- Egg collecting and bird life of Australia. Catalogue and data of the "Jacaksonian oological collection, " illustrated with numerous photographs. .. Sydney, F.W. White, Printer, 1907. url p. 126, p. 136, p. 141, p. 146, p. 28, p. 44, p. 47, p. 48, p. 52, p. 71.
- Eucalyptographia. A descriptive atlas of the eucalypts of Australia and the adjoining islands; by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Melbourne, J. Ferres, government printer, 1883. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Eucalypts cultivated in the United States / by Alfred James McClatchie. Washington: G.P.O., 1902. url , , , , , , , p. 10, p. 106, p. 11, p. 12, p. 17, p. 45, p. 76, p. 8, p. 82, p. 85, p. 86, p. 87, p. 88, p. 9.
- Eucalyptus, Los Angeles, Cal., B. R. Baumgardt & co., 1895. url , p. 103, p. 104, p. 108, p. 114, p. 125, p. 13, p. 130, p. 138, p. 148, p. 164, p. 165, p. 166, p. 17, p. 173, p. 22, p. 254, p. 266, p. 267, p. 272, p. 273, p. 274, p. 276, p. 277, p. 280, p. 282, p. 296, p. 30, p. 31, p. 32, p. 43, p. 48, p. 56, p. 58, p. 60, p. 61, p. 62, p. 63, p. 65, p. 66, p. 67, p. 81, p. 93.
- Eucalyptus, by Abbot Kinney. Los Angeles, Cal., B.R. Baumgardt, 1895. url , p. 103, p. 104, p. 108, p. 114, p. 125, p. 13, p. 130, p. 138, p. 148, p. 164, p. 165, p. 166, p. 173, p. 202, p. 204, p. 22, p. 254, p. 266, p. 267, p. 272, p. 273, p. 274, p. 276, p. 277, p. 280, p. 282, p. 296, p. 30, p. 31, p. 32, p. 43, p. 48, p. 56, p. 58, p. 60, p. 61, p. 62, p. 63, p. 65, p. 66, p. 67, p. 81, p. 93.
- Eucalyptus: its history, growth, and utilization / by C.H. Sellers. Sacramento: A.J. Johnston, 1910. url p. 17, p. 2, p. 21, p. 23, p. 3, p. 59, p. 87.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 148, p. 250, p. 447, p. 638, p. 698.
- Extinct and vanishing mammals of the Old World. Illus. by Earl L. Poole. New York, American Committee for International Wild Life Protection, 1945. url p. 64.
- Farm buildings and building construction in South Africa; a text-book for farmers, agricultural students, teachers, builders, etc. By W.S.H. Cleghorne. .. with a foreword by F.B. Smith. .. with 235 diagrams. London, Longmans, Green and Co., 1922. url p. 121.
- Farming industries of Cape Colony. By Robert Wallace. .. With 81 full-page plates, 14 maps, 6 plans, and 92 illustrations in the text. London: P. S. King and son; [etc.], 1896. url p. 128, p. 128, p. 24.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 264.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 264.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , , , , .
- Foreign birds for cage and aviary. By Arthur G. Butler London, "The Feathered world"[191-?] url p. 222.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 139, p. 229, p. 483, p. 54, p. 64.
- Forest insects of Australia / By Walter W. Froggatt. Sydney: Printed by Alfred James Kent, Government Printer, Phiillip Street, Sydney, N.S.W., 1923. url p. 36, p. 66.
- Forestry handbook / ed. by R. Dalrymple Hay, director of forests. Sydney: W. A. Gullick, 1915-17. url p. 28, p. 36, p. 80.
- Forestry handbook. .. Sydney, W. A. Gullick, government printer, 1915-17. url , .
- Forestry in southern India. Edited by John Shortt. MadrasHigginbotham1884 url p. 58.
- Forestry. London: W. Rider, [1883-1886]. url p. 286.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , p. 251, p. 262, p. 442.
- Garden helps, by George P. Hall. .. San Diego, Cal., Elite Printing Company[c1911] url p. 73.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1279.
- Hardwood record. Chicago: Hardwood Co., 1902-1939. url p. 21, p. 25.
- How to keep bees for profit, New York, The Macmillan company, 1918. url p. 306, p. 319.
- Indian trees: an account of trees, shrubs, woody climbers, bamboos, and palms indigenous or commonly cultivated in the British Indian empire / London: A. Constable, 1906. url p. 327.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 164, p. 204, p. 455, p. 564.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1126, p. 1127.
- Introduction to botanic teachings at the schools of Victoria, through references to leading native plants / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: John Ferres, Govt. Printer, 1877. url p. 14.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 17, p. 19.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 418, p. 427.
- Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Union of South Africa. Pretoria, Govt. Print. and Stationery Off., 1921-1927. url p. 265, p. 855, p. 857.
- Key to the system of Victorian plants. .. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Melbourne, R.S. Bain, government printer, 1885-88. url p. 538.
- Marine borers and their relation to marine construction on the Pacific coast, being the final report of the San Francisco Bay Marine Piling Committee, prepared under the direction of the San Francisco Bay Marine Piling Committee, cooperating with the National Research Council and the American Wood-preservers' Association; C. L. Hill and C. A. Kofold San Francisco, Calif., The Committee, 1927. url p. 92.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url p. 218.
- Miyabe-festschrift, or A collection of botanical papers presented to Prof. Dr. Kingo Miyabe on the occasion of the twenty-fifth anniversary of his academic service by his friends and pupils. Tokio, Rokumeikwan, 1911. url p. 25, p. 26, p. 33.
- Nests and eggs of birds found breeding in Australia and Tasmania, by Alfred J. North... Sydney: Australian Museum, 1901-1914 url p. 243.
- New South Wales: "the mother colony of the Australias." Ed. by Frank Hutchinson. 1896. Sidney: C. Potter, government printer, 1896. url p. 186.
- New and little known trees suitable for Southern California avenues [by] Dr. C.F. Franceschi. .. [Claremont, Cal.]1911. url p. 204.
- Notes on the commercial timbers of New South Wales. Sydney, C. Potter, 1895. url .
- Occasional papers of Bernice P. Bishop Museum. Honolulu, Bishop Museum Press, 1898-1984. url p. 225, p. 225.
- Odorographia: a natural history of raw materials and drugs used in the perfume industry: intended to serve growers, manufacturers and consumers / by J. Ch. Sawer. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1892-1894. url p. 253, p. 263.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 100.
- Outlines of forestry: or, The elementary principles underlying the science of forestry: being a series of primers of forestry / by Edwin J. Houston. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott, 1893. url p. 239, p. 239, p. 240, p. 240.
- Outlines of forestry; Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1893. url p. 239, p. 240.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 100, p. 102, p. 338, p. 343, p. 345, p. 349, p. 37, p. 39, p. 48, p. 92, p. 95, p. 96.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Hawaii. [1900?- url , p. 55, p. 76.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 13, p. 1481, p. 620, p. 9.
- Pamphlets on the lumber industry. [1900?- url p. 126, p. 147.
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 375.
- Pharmacographia: a history of the principal drugs of vegetable origin met with in Great Britain and British India / by Friedrich A. Flückiger and Daniel Hanbury. London: Macmillan, 1879. url p. 199.
- Plant habits and habitats in the arid portions of South Australia, Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1921. url , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 496.
- Practical forestry for beginners in forestry, agricultural students, woodland owners, and others desiring a general knowledge of the nature of the art, New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902. url p. 95.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 129.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 73.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 167, p. 170, p. 172, p. 175, p. 362, p. 70.
- Report of the Australian Association for the advancement of Science. Sidney, The Association. url p. 185, p. 187, p. 250, p. 298, p. 300, p. 322, p. 450, p. 497, p. 508, p. 90.
- Report of the Board of Commissioners of Agriculture and Forestry of the Territory of Hawaii for the period. .. Honolulu. url p. 104, p. 37, p. 38, p. 47, p. 48, p. 48, p. 70, p. 77.
- Report on the Natal forests. .. [S.l.: s.n.], 1889. url p. 184, p. 188, p. 85, p. 86.
- Report on the forest resources of Western Australia / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. London: Reeve, 1879. url , p. 10, p. 11, p. 17, p. 18, p. 19, p. 9.
- Report on the forests of British East Africa. LondonPrinted for His Majesty's Stationery Off. by Darling1909 url p. 120, p. 121.
- Report on the work of the Horn Scientific Expedition to Central Australia / London: Dulau, 1896. url , .
- Scientific and applied pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students in pharmacy, as a hand book for pharmacists, and as a reference book for food and drug analysts and pharmacologists. New York, Wiley, 1920. url p. 336, p. 465.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 190, p. 193, p. 196, p. 198, p. 205, p. 206, p. 208, p. 209, p. 210, p. 631.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 115, p. 122, p. 128, p. 130, p. 395.
- Shade and ornamental trees of California, by Merritt B. Pratt, state forester. Sacramento?1922? url p. 130, p. 130, p. 70, p. 70.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 91.
- South Australian naturalist. AdelaideFelstead and Omsby. url p. 12, p. 27, p. 39, p. 42, p. 51, p. 63, p. 63, p. 91.
- South Australian ornithologist. Adelaide, South Australian Ornithological Association. url p. 10, p. 101, p. 6.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 103, p. 193.
- Studies in eucalyptus, comp. and ed. by W. E. Graves. St. Louis, Mo., [Stewart Scott Co. Press]1910. url p. 31, p. 47.
- The ABC and XYZ of bee culture; a cyclopedia of everything pertaining to the care of the honey-bee; bees, hives, honey, implements, honey-plants, etc.. .. By A.I. Root and E.R. Root. Medina, Ohio, The A.I. Root Company, 1910. url p. 279.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 10.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 248.
- The American woods: exhibited by actual specimens and with copious explanatory text / by Romeyn B. Hough. Lowville, N.Y.: Pub., and sections prepared by the author, 1910, c1888 url , , p. 14, p. 14, p. 32, p. 62.
- The Australian zoologist. Sydney, Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales url p. 335.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 534, p. 625, p. 634, p. 99.
- The California fruits and how to grow them. San Francisco, Cal., Dewey & co., 1889. url p. 559.
- The Emu: official organ of the Australasian Ornithologists' Union. Melbourne: Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union, 1901- url , p. 115, p. 153, p. 154, p. 162, p. 169, p. 184, p. 219, p. 273, p. 46, p. 60, p. 85, p. 9.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 628.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 180, p. 180.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url p. 22, p. 24.
- The Horticulturist's hand book / edited and compiled by B.R. Jones. Los Angeles: Published by the Board of Supervisors, 1913. url p. 21.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 242, p. 603.
- The Philippine journal of science. 4 1909 Manila. url p. 534.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url , p. 197.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 269, p. 294, p. 490, p. 564, p. 605, p. 616, p. 620, p. 673, p. 701.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url , , p. 10, p. 118, p. 128, p. 147, p. 15, p. 152, p. 160, p. 165, p. 168, p. 17, p. 171, p. 172, p. 184, p. 225, p. 28, p. 28, p. 29, p. 41, p. 41, p. 48, p. 58, p. 58, p. 60, p. 67, p. 72, p. 74, p. 78, p. 78, p. 78, p. 79, p. 79, p. 79, p. 79, p. 81, p. 81, p. 81, p. 85, p. 86, p. 88, p. 88, p. 9, p. 94.
- The bee-keeper's guide: or Manual of the apiary / Chicago. Ill.: George W. York & Co., 1910, 1883. url .
- The bee-keeper's guide: or, Manual of the apiary / by A.J. Cook. Chicago: York, 1902. url p. 445.
- The bee-keeper's guide; or Manual of the apiary. Lansing, Mich.1883. url , .
- The bee-keeper's guide; or, Manual of the apiary, Chicago, Ill., George W. York & company, 1904. url .
- The bee-keepers' guide; or Manual of the apiary. Lansing, Mich., 1884. url .
- The bee-keepers' guide; or, Manual of the apiary, [Columbus, Ohio, Printed by Myers bros.]1883. url p. 285.
- The chemical synthesis of vital products and the interrelations between organic compounds / By Raphael Meldola. London: E. Arnold, 1904. url p. 183, p. 92.
- The concrete engineer's handbook; a convenient reference book for all persons interested in cement, plain and reinforced concerte, building construction, architecture, concrete blocks, mill building, office building, fireproof houses, Scranton, Pa., International Textbook Co., 1912. url p. 80.
- The conquest of the desert / London: T. W. Laurie,  url p. 77.
- The conquest of the desert, by William Macdonald with fifty illustrations. London: T. W. Laurie ltd.,  url p. 77.
- The cultivated evergreens; a handbook of the coniferous and most important broad-leaved evergreens planted for ornament in the United States and Canada, edited by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1923. url p. 388.
- The dictionary of science and technical terms used in philosophy, literature, professions, commerce, arts, and trades / by W.M. Buchanan; with supplement edited by James A. Smith. London: G.Bell and Sons, 1884. url p. 800.
- The elements of forestry designed to afford information concerning the planting and care of forest trees for ornament or profit and giving suggestions upon the creation and care of woodlands with the CincinnatiR. Clarke1882 url p. 265.
- The elements of forestry, designed to afford information concerning the planting and care of forest trees for ornament or profit and giving suggestions upon the creation and care of woodlands with the view of securing the grea Cincinnati, R. Clarke, 1882. url p. 265, p. 265.
- The elements of forestry: designed to afford information concerning the planting and care of forest trees for ornament or profit and giving suggestions upon the creation and care of woodlands with the view of securing the grea Cincinnati: R. Clarke, 1882. url .
- The eucalyptus hardwood trees of California, Chicago, Ill., The author[c1913] url p. 28.
- The families of flowering plants. Washington, D. C., The Plant World Co.[1900-02] url .
- The forest resources of the territories of Papua and New Guineareport by C.E. Lane-Poole. 1925 [Melbourne]:Printed and Pub. for the government of the commonwealth of Australia by H.J. Green, government printer for the State of Victoria,  url p. 54.
- The forest trees of Mysore and Coorg. Bangalore, Mysore Govt. Central Press, 1894. url .
- The future of arid lands: papers and recommendations from the International Arid Lands Meetings / edited by Gilbert F. White. Washington, D.C.: American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1956. url p. 400.
- The honey bee: a manual of instruction in apiculture. By Frank Benton, M.S. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1899. url p. 68.
- The journal of forestry and estates management. London: W. Rider, 1878-1883. url p. 591.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 148, p. 246.
- The principal species of wood: their characteristic properties. By Charles Henry Snow. New York: J. Wiley & Sons; [etc., etc.], [c1908], 1910. url p. 129, p. 133.
- The silviculture of Indian trees. Published under the authority of His Majesty's Secretary of State for India in Council. OxfordClarendon Press1921 url p. 559, p. 561, p. 563, p. 584, p. 585.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1148, p. 1154, p. 1158, p. 1159, p. 379, p. 381, p. 382, p. 383.
- The timber trees of New South Wales, By Arvid Nilson. Sydney: T. Richards, government printer, 1884. url p. 142, p. 6.
- The trees of Great Britain & Ireland / by Henry John Elwes and Augustine Henry. Edinburgh: Priv. print., 1906-13. url p. 1615, p. 1650.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 126, p. 254, p. 269, p. 405, p. 612, p. 683.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 273, p. 324, p. 442, p. 462, p. 511, p. 523.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 201, p. 89.
- The weekly florists' review. Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co., 1897-1912. url p. 600.
- Timber and timber trees, native and foreign. London, MacMillan, 1894. url , , p. 231, p. 251.
- Timbers and their uses; a handbook for woodworkers, merchants, and all interested in the conversion and use of timber, London, E. P. Dutton & Co., 1919. url , .
- Transactions and proceedings and report of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1904-1911. url p. 253, p. 325.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1912-1937. url p. 150, p. 357, p. 369, p. 408, p. 482, p. 485, p. 486, p. 493, p. 747.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 253.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia. Adelaide, Australia: The Society, 1890-1903. url p. 110, p. 158, p. 179, p. 196, p. 214, p. 232, p. 278, p. 9, p. 9.
- Tree-planting, 1899. A descriptive catalogue of the best trees to plant in Cape Colony, with brief instructions for planting. By D.E. Hutchins. .. Cape Town, W.A. Richards & Sons, 1899. url p. 58, p. 88.
- Trees: the yearbook of agriculture 1949. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture: 1949. url p. 822.
- Trees: the yearbook of agriculture, 1949 / the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: United States Government Printing Office, 1949 url p. 822.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 1009, p. 333, p. 501, p. 528, p. 568, p. 570, p. 571, p. 624, p. 698, p. 728, p. 739, p. 798, p. 846, p. 928.
- Veterinary medicines 1911 url p. 591.
- Veterinary medicines: their actions and uses / by Finlay Dun. .. ed. by James MacQueen. New York: W.R. Jenkins, 1906. url p. 584.
- Working plan for the Changa Manga Plantation. Lahore, 1917. url p. 15, p. 16.
- [Sa?o Paulo trees]. Antwerp: Laporte & Dosse, 191?-1916 url .
- Chang Hung-ta & Miau Ru-hwai. 1984. Myrtaceae. In: Chen Chieh, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 53(1): 28-135.
- Chang Hung-ta & Miau Ru-hwai. 1984. Myrtaceae. In: Chen Chieh, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 53(1): 28-135.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
- Jie Chen & Lyn A. Craven "Myrtaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 13 Page 321. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Eucalyptus". in Flora of China Vol. 13 Page 321. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]