Common Names in English:
Indian Coral Tree, Mandara
or undershrubs; branches often prickly. Leaf pinnately trifoliolate
; stipules small. Inflorescence axillary
, flowers usually clustered, scarlet, showy. Calyx with an oblique
to the base
, bilabiate. Vexillum much longer
than the wing
and the keel. Stamens mono
, vexillary stamen free nearly to the base or connate
with others, anthers
. Ovary stipitate
, many-ovuled, style incurved
, stigma small, terminal. Fruit stipitate, torulose
A genus with about 108 species (Krukoff & Barneby l.c.), tropical and sub-tropical in distribution; locally represented by 3 species.
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February. • Flower Color: red
Size: 20-30' tall.
Culture: Space 15-20' apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 10b, 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Order: Fabales () - Bromhead, 1838
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Corallodendron fuscum (Lour.)kuntze • Corallodendron glaucum (Willd.)kuntze • Corallodendron patens< /i> (Dc.)kuntze • Duchassaingia glauca Walp. • Duchassaingia ovalifolia Walp. • Erythrina atrosanguinea Ridl. • Erythrina caffra Blanco • Erythrina fusca var. inermis Pulle • Erythrina glauca Willd. • Erythrina moelebei Guillaumin & Beauv. • Erythrina ovalifolia Roxb. • Erythrina patens Dc. • Erythrina picta Blanco • Gelala aquatica Rumph.
Name Status: Accepted Name . Latest taxonomic scrutiny: –
Members of the genus Erythrina
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 50 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
E. abyssinica (Coral Tree) · E. abyssinica abyssinica (Erythrina) · E. acanthocarpa (Tambookie Thorn) · E. americana (Naked Coral Tree) · E. berteriana (Machete) · E. berteroana (Amapola De Cerca) · E. bidwillii (Amapola) · E. caffra (Cape Kaffirboom) · E. chiapasana (Pipal) · E. chiriquensis (Erythrina) · E. corallodendron (Amapola) · E. corallodendron var. bicolor (Bois Immortelle) · E. coralloides (Naked Coral Tree) · E. crista-galli (Brazillian Coral Tree) · E. dominguezii (Seibo Rosado) · E. edulis (Sachaporoto) · E. eggersii (Cock's-Spur) · E. falcata (Brazilian Coral Tree) · E. flabelliformis (Colorines) · E. folkersii (Coral Tree) · E. fusca (Amapola) · E. guatemalensis (Pito) · E. herbacea (Cardinal Spear) · E. humeana (Coral Bean) · E. indica (Indian Coral Tree) · E. indica var. picta (Samoan Sunshine Tree) · E. lanceolata (Machete Tree) · E. latissima (Broad-Leafed Coral Tree) · E. lysistemon (Common Coral Tree) · E. macrophylla (Machetillos) · E. mexicana (Pito) · E. mitis (Nourouc Sans pines) · E. poeppigiana (Anauca) · E. sandwicensis (Wili Wili) · E. senegalensis (Senegal Coraltree) · E. speciosa (Coral Tree) · E. speciosa 'Rosea' (Coral Tree) · E. standleyana (Chacmolche) · E. stricta (Coral-Tree) · E. suberosa (Coral Tree) · E. subumbrans (Erythrina) · E. sykesii (Coral Tree) · E. tahitensis (Oporavainui) · E. variegata (Amapola) · E. velutina (Bico-De-Papagaio) · E. verna (Mulungú) · E. vespertilio (Bat's Wing Coral Tree) · E. x bidwillii (Coral Tree) · E. x sykesii (Coral Tree) · E. zeyheri (Ploughbreaker)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 309, p. 309.
- A bird calendar for northern India, by Douglas Dewar. London, W. Thacker & co.; [etc., etc.]1916. url p. 34.
- A botany for India, by P. F. Fyson. London, The Christian Literature Society for Indian (Madras Branch)1912. url p. 145, p. 149, p. 155, p. 187, p. 201, p. 46.
- A descriptive catalogue of useful fiber plants of the world: including the structural and economic classifications of fibers / by Charles Richards Dodge. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1897. url p. 162, p. 202, p. 257.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 88.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 252.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 104, p. 106, p. 112, p. 148, p. 37, p. 40, p. 48, p. 53, p. 57.
- A flora of Manila / Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1912, 1974 printing. url .
- A flora of Manila, by E. D. Merrill. Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1912. url p. 256.
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 63, p. 80.
- A history of British birds, London, Pub. for the author by R. H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url .
- A history of British birds, with coloured illustrations of their eggs. By Henry Seebohm. .. London, Pub. for the author by R.H. Porter [etc.]1883-85. url p. 48.
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url .
- A manual of Indian timbers: an account of the structure, growth, distribution, and qualities of Indian woods. CalcuttaOffice of the Superintendent of Govt. Printing1881 url .
- A manual of botany for Indian forest students, by R. S. Hole. Calcutta, Superintendent Government Printing, India, 1909. url p. 249.
- A monograph of Christmas Island (Indian Ocean) / physical features and geology by Charles W. Andrews; with descriptions of the fauna and flora by numerous contributors. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1900. url p. 176.
- A naturalist in Western China: with vasculum, camera, and gun, being some account of eleven year's travel, exploration, and observation in the more remote parts of the flowery kingdom; with an introduction by Charles Sprague Sargent. London, Methuen url p. 153, p. 215.
- A naturalist in western China, with vasculum, camera, and gun; being some account of eleven years' travel, exploration, and observation in the more remote parts of the Flowery kingdom, by Ernest Henry Wilson...with an introduction by Charles Sprague Sargent...With one hundred and one full-page illustrations and a map. London, Methuen & co., ltd. url p. 153, p. 215.
- A naturalist's wanderings in the Eastern Archipelago; a narrative of travel and exploration from 1878 to 1883, New York: Harper & brothers, 1885. url p. 71.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 39.
- A review of the references to the Hortus malabaricus of Henry Van Rheede Van Draakenstein [sic] Swansea: Printed at the Cambrian-Office, by Murray and Rees, 1839. url p. 26.
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 265, p. 300, p. 421.
- An annotated catalogue of types of the University of Illinois mycological collections (ILL) / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1997. url p. 174.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 306.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 18 1902 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 107, p. 129, p. 137, p. 170.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 1 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 398.
- Bernice P. Bishop Museum bulletin. Honolulu, Hawaii: Bishop Museum Press, 1922-1987. url p. 137, p. 182, p. 65.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 1949-1951 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 211.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 307.
- Botanical bulletin / Honolulu: Division of Forestry, 1911-1919. url p. 44, p. 46.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url , , , , , p. 309.
- Botany of the Bermudas / by H.B. Small. Hamilton, Bermuda: S. Nelmes, 1913. url p. 79, p. 85.
- Botany of the Bermudas, Hamilton, BermudaS. Nelmes, 1913. url .
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 67.
- Bulletin / Hatch Experiment Station of the Massachusetts Agricultural College. [S.l.: s.n.], 1888- url p. 290.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 44, p. 58.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1909 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 199.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 358.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 11, p. 44, p. 58, p. 97.
- Bulletin. Manila, Bureau of printing, 1903- url p. 112, p. 14, p. 22, p. 250, p. 29, p. 43, p. 54, p. 62, p. 93.
- Bulletins and circulars on charcoal, lumber, and saw-mills. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1907. url p. 707.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 90.
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 255, p. 342.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 474.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 187, p. 189, p. 276.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 145.
- Citrus fruits in the Philippines. Manila: Bureau of Agriculture, 1915. url p. 43.
- Cocoa, its cultivation and preparation. London, J. Murray, 1912. url , , p. 30, p. 31.
- Coconut planter's manual. Ferguson's "All about the coconut palm" (Cocos nucifera). Treating of the history and cultivation, chemistry and physiology of the palm, and about its commercial products. Compiled by J. Ferguson. Colombo, Ceylon, Ceylon Observer Press, 1923. url p. 66.
- Comparative electro-physiology, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1907 url p. 588, p. 589, p. 743, p. xlii.
- Comparative electro-physiology, a physico-physiological study. London, Longmans, 1907. url p. 588, p. 743.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 9 1905 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 248, p. 255, p. 269, p. 270, p. 272, p. 273, p. 274, p. 279, p. 358, p. 460, p. 58.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 67.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 204, p. 205.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 189.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 189.
- Flora of Koh Chang: contributions to the knowledge of the vegetation in the Gulf of Siam / Copenhagen: B. Luno, 1900-1916. url .
- Flora of the Presidency of Madras / by J.S. Gamble. London: West, Newman and Adlard, 1915- url p. 353.
- Forestry quarterly. Ithaca, N.Y. [etc.] url p. 589.
- Gardening in California, landscape and flower, by John McLaren... San Francisco, A. M. Robertson, 1909. url p. 98, p. 98.
- Gardens of the great Mughals, London, A. and C. Black, 1913. url .
- Gardens of the great Mughals, by C.M. Villiers Stuart. London: A. and C. Black, 1913. url p. 241.
- Glimpses into the life of Indian plants: an elementary Indian botany / by I. Pfleiderer. Mangalore: Basel Mission Book and Tract Depository, 1916. url p. 288.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1278.
- Green manures and manuring in the tropics, including an account of the economic value of leguminosæ as sources of foodstuffs, vegetable oils, drugs, &c. By P. de Sornay. .. tr. by F.W. Flattely. .. from the well-known work, "Les plantes tropicales alimentaires et industrielles de la famille des légumineuses." London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1916. url , , .
- Grisebach, A. H. R. Flora of the British West Indian islands /by A.H.R. Grisebach. -18 London, L. Reeve, 1864. url p. 199, p. 736.
- Growth and tropic movements of plants, by Sir Jagadis Chunder Bose. .. with 229 illustrations. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1929. url , , p. 104, p. 149, p. 171, p. 248, p. 303, p. 304, p. 440.
- Hand-book of Indian agriculture, by Nitya Gopal Mukerji. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink & co., 1901. url p. 433.
- Hooker, W. J. & G. A. W. Arnott. The botany of Captain Beechey's voyage;comprising an acount of the plants collected by Messrs. Lay and Collie, and other officers of the expedition, during the voyage to the Pacific and Behring's Strait, performed in His Majesty's ship Blossom, under the command of Captain F. W. Beechey. .. in the years 1825, 26, 27, and 28.By Sir William Jackson Hooker. .. and G. A. Walker Arnott. .. 1841 London, H. G. Bohn, 1841. url p. 62.
- Hortus Veitchii: a history of the rise and progress of the nurseries of Messrs. James Veitch and sons, together with an account of the botanical collectors and hybridists employed by them and a list of the most remark by James H. Veitch; with fifty illustrations. London: J. Veitch & sons, 1906. url p. 528.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 151, p. 152, p. 248, p. 436, p. 441.
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 196.
- In the Andamans and Nicobars; the narrative of a cruise in the schooner "Terrapin", with notices of the islands, their fauna, ethnology, etc., by C. Boden Kloss. .. London: J. Murray, 1903. url p. 336, p. 346.
- Indian Museum notes. Calcutta: [Indian Museum]: 1889-1903. url p. 129.
- Indian insect life: a manual of the insects of the plains (tropical India) / H. Maxwell-Lefroy, assisted by F. M. Howlett. (Pub. under the authority of the government of India). 1909 Calcutta; Thacker, Spink & Co., W. Thacker & Co., 2 Creed Lane, London, 1909. url p. 518.
- Indian trees: an account of trees, shrubs, woody climbers, bamboos, and palms indigenous or commonly cultivated in the British Indian empire / London: A. Constable, 1906. url p. 226.
- Injurious insects of Indian forests / by E.P. Stebbing. Calcutta: Office of Superintendent of Government Printing, India, 1899. url p. 138.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 381, p. 443, p. 91.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 11 1915 - 19 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 22, p. 23, p. 25.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 243, p. 244, p. 246.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 58.
- Leaflets of Philippine botany. 7 1914-1915 Manila: Oriental Printing Co., 1906-1939. url p. 2527, p. 2534, p. 2707, p. 3877.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 493, p. 617.
- Notes by a naturalist: an account of observations made during the voyage of H.M.S. "Challenger" round the world in the years 1872-1876 / by H. N. Moseley. New York: Putnam, 1892. url p. 255.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 107, p. 141, p. 142, p. 143, p. 144, p. 19, p. 529, p. 562, p. 577, p. 578, p. 613.
- Observations on the gestation of some sharks and rays / Calcutta: Asiatic Society, 1891. url p. 279, p. 286, p. 322.
- Perak Museum notes. Taiping: Perak G.P.O., 1893- url p. 41.
- Pharmacographia Indica.by William Dymock, C.J.H. Warden, and David Hooper. 1890-1893 London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co., 1893. url p. 143, p. 24.
- Philosophical transactions. v. 1-177, 1665/66-1886. London [etc.] url p. 315, p. 337.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 327.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url .
- Plant response as a means of physiological investigation, by Jagadis Chunder Bose. London, Longmans, Green and Co., 1906. url , , , , p. 554, p. 554, p. 555, p. 621, p. 621, p. 629, p. 629, p. 637, p. 638, p. 647, p. 651, p. 651, p. 664, p. 665, p. 736, p. 736, p. 758, p. 760, p. 764, p. 769, p. 770, p. 770, p. 781.
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 394, p. 91.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 24.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 24.
- Proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: [The Society]1865-1905. url p. 162, p. 168.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 116.
- Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. Honolulu: Hawaiian Entomological Society url , p. 502, p. 502.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , , , , p. 12, p. 143, p. 213, p. 213, p. 214, p. 238, p. 26, p. 346, p. 504, p. 507, p. 680.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland. [Brisbane, Royal Society of Queensland]1885- url p. 35.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 231, p. 290, p. 513, p. 513.
- Report of the Australian Association for the advancement of Science. Sidney, The Association. url p. 426, p. 433.
- Report of the proceedings of the third entomological meeting: held at Pusa on the 3rd to 15th February 1919 / edited by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Calcutta: Supt. of Government Printing, 1920. url p. 133, p. 188, p. 212, p. 255, p. 333.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological meeting Calcutta;Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-24. url p. 328, p. 76, p. 77.
- Report on investigations made in Java in the year 1902. ManilaBureau of Public Printing1903 url .
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. 1 1885 Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 489.
- Roxburgh, W. Flora indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants /by the late William Roxburgh. 3 1832 Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 249.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 44, p. 58, p. 97.
- Some south Indian insects and other animals of importance considered especially from an economic point of view. By T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. .. Madras, Printed by the Superintendent, Government Press, 1914. url p. 249, p. 267, p. 476.
- Special report of Captain George P. Ahern in charge of Forestry bureau, Philippine Islands, covering the period from April, 1900, to July 30, 1901. Division of insular affairs, War department. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1901. url p. 38.
- Spolia zeylanica. S.l.: s.n. url , , p. 147, p. 180.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 14, p. 265, p. 499.
- Studies in seeds and fruits, an investigation with the balance, London, Williams and Norgate, 1912. url , , , .
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 257.
- Suggestions received by the Agricultural & Horticultural Society of India for extending the cultivation and introduction of useful and ornamental plants: with a view to the improvement of the agricultural and commercial resources of India / compiled by Henry Harpur Spry. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1841. url p. 64.
- Systematic list of the trees, shrubs and woody-climbers of the Bombay Presidency / by W.A. Talbot. Bombay: Printed at the Govt. Central Press, 1894. url p. 71.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 179, p. 470, p. 470.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 357.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 240.
- The Ficus elastica in Burma proper: or a narrative of my journey in search of it: a descriptive account of its habits of growth and the process followed by the Kakhyens in the preparation of caoutchouc / by G. W. Strettell. Rangoon: Printed at the Government Press, 1876. url p. 23.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 143, p. 209, p. 25.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 270, p. 272, p. 333, p. 362, p. 38, p. 419, p. 432, p. 434, p. 526, p. 60, p. 627, p. 651, p. 694, p. 725.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url , p. 336.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url p. 357.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url , p. 1025, p. 1050, p. 274, p. 335, p. 335, p. 405, p. 407, p. 543.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 10, p. 110, p. 13, p. 28, p. 423.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 41 1912-13 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 104, p. 109, p. 110, p. 113, p. 147, p. 174, p. 189, p. 204, p. 542, p. 565, p. 583, p. 63, p. 87.
- The Lepidoptera of Ceylon. By F. Moore. London, L. Reeve & co., 1880-1887. url p. 98.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 457.
- The Philippine journal of science. 5 1910 Manila. url p. 111, p. 112, p. 113, p. 178, p. 186, p. 197, p. 235, p. 350, p. 368, p. 388, p. 396, p. 409, p. 415, p. 419, p. 426, p. 427, p. 429, p. 472, p. 513, p. 536, p. 551, p. 565, p. 575, p. 66, p. 672, p. 676, p. 9, p. 92.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 127, p. 201, p. 206, p. 207.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 119, p. 237, p. 403, p. 415, p. 499, p. 503, p. 534, p. 535, p. 55, p. 595, p. 604, p. 616, p. 638, p. 64, p. 657, p. 701, p. 748.
- The Tea soils of Assam and tea manuring. Calcutta, Indian Tea Association, 1901. url , p. 85.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 28, p. 62, p. 98.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url , p. 374, p. 375, p. 505.
- The cacao planters' manual / by E.J. Bartelink; translated by H.J. Vogin. London: Kirkland, Cope, . url p. 10.
- The commercial products of India: being an abridgment of The dictionary of the economic products of India / by Sir George Watt; published under the authority of His Majesty's secretary of state for India in council. London: J. Murray, 1908. url p. 84, p. 894.
- The confessions of a beachcomber; scenes and incidents in the career of an unprofessional beachcomber in tropical Queensland. London [etc.]: T. F. Unwin, 1908. url p. 17.
- The farmers' handbook [4th ed.] Issued by direction of the Minister of agriculture. .. Comp. by W.H. Brown. .. Sydney, J. Spence, 1922. url p. 223.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 188, p. 189.
- The flora of the Malay Peninsula. By Henry N. Ridley, with illus. by J. Hutchinson. London, L. Reeve & co., ltd., 1922-25. url p. 578, p. 580.
- The flora of the Northern Territory, Melbourne, McCarron, Bird & Co., Printers, 1917. url , .
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url , , p. 528.
- The forest flora of north-west and central India: a handbook of the indigenous trees and shrubs of those countries / Commenced by by J. Lindsay Stewart. Continued and completed by Dietrich Brandis. Prepared at the herbarium of the Royal gardens, Kew. LondonW.H. Allen1874 url p. 139.
- The forest trees of Mysore and Coorg. Bangalore, Mysore Govt. Central Press, 1894. url , , .
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url .
- The garden... London, 1872- url p. 356.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 573.
- The illustrated dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists. Ed. by George Nicholson. Assisted by Professor J. W. H. Trail and J. Garrett. London: L. U. Gill, -89. url p. 504, p. 532.
- The indigenous trees of the Hawaiian Islands / by Joseph F. Rock. Honolulu: J.F. Rock; 1913. url p. 192.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 266, p. 292, p. 353, p. 379, p. 410, p. 411, p. 47, p. 70, p. 70.
- The manufacture of chocolate and other cacao preparations / Berlin W.: M. Krayn; 1915. url p. 7.
- The medicinal plants of the Philippines / by T. H. Pardo de Tavera; translated and revised by Jerome B. Thomas. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1901. url p. 91.
- The natural productions of Burmah: or, notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of the Tenasserim provinces and the Burman empire / by Francis Mason. Maulmain: American Mission Press, 1850. url p. 212.
- The new flora of the volcanic island of Krakatau, CambridgeUniversity Press1908 url p. 36, p. 41.
- The physiology of photosynthesis, by Sir Jagadis Chunder Bose; with sixty illustrations. London, Longmans, Green, 1924. url p. 52.
- The silviculture of Indian trees. Published under the authority of His Majesty's Secretary of State for India in Council. OxfordClarendon Press1921 url .
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1701.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 175, p. 24, p. 426, p. 678.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 248, p. 255, p. 269, p. 270, p. 272, p. 273, p. 274, p. 279, p. 283, p. 331, p. 358, p. 387, p. 58, p. 66.
- The wild tribes of Davao district, Mindanao / by Fay-Cooper Cole, Assistant Curator of Malayan Ethnology. The R.F. Cummings Philippine Expedition. George A. Dorsey -- Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1913. url p. 191.
- The world's commercial products; a descriptive account of the economic plants of the world and of their commercial uses by W. G. Freeman and S. E. Chandler. .. with contributions by T. A. Henry, C. E. Jones, and E. H. Wilson. London, Sir I. Pitman and sons, limited1907. url p. 379.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 237, p. 275.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 224, p. lxvii.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 6 1901-1905 London. url p. 266, p. 269, p. 276, p. 497.
- Tropic days / by E. J. Banfield. London: T.F. Unwin, 1918. url p. 66.
- Tropic days, by E. J. Banfield. .. with 37 illustrations. London: T. F. Unwin, ltd.,  url p. 66.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 297.
- United States exploring expedition. During the year 1838, 1839, 1840, 1841, 1842. Under the command of Charles Wilkes, U.S.N... Philadelphia: Printed by C. Sherman, 1844-74. url p. 321, p. 341.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 1022, p. 1025, p. 346, p. 365, p. 434, p. 486, p. 567, p. 595, p. 643, p. 651, p. 684, p. 719, p. 845, p. 989.
- Working-plan report of the Chappara, Dhooma and Nerbada ranges in the Seoni Division of the Southern Circle, Central Provinces. By Gangaprasad Khatri. .. Nagpur, 1901. url p. 3, p. 43.
- Year book - Carnegie Institution of Washington. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington url p. 186.
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url p. 248, p. 255, p. 269, p. 270, p. 272, p. 273, p. 274, p. 279, p. 283, p. 358, p. 58.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 148, p. 22, p. 39, p. 48, p. 53.
- vii, p.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- ILDIS World Database of LegumesNov 10, 2005.