Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Treacle Wallflower, Wallflower Mustard, Worm-Seed Wallflower, Wormseed Mustard, Wormseed Wallflower
Common Names in Portuguese:
, biennial, or perennial
, rarely subshrubs
, malpighiaceous or 3-5(-8) -rayed stellate
. Stems simple
or branched basally and/or apically. Basal leaves
, rosulate, simple, entire or dentate
, rarely pinnatifid
. Cauline leaves petiolate or sessile, cuneate or attenuate at base
, rarely auriculate
, entire or dentate. Racemes
or basally bracteate
, rarely bracteate throughout, corymbose
, elongated or not in fruit. Fruiting pedicels slender or thickened and nearly as wide as fruit, erect
, or reflexed
. Sepals oblong
, erect, pubescent
, base of lateral
or not. Petals yellow or orange, rarely white, pink, purple, or violet; blade
, or oblong, apex rounded
differentiated from blade, subequaling or longer
than sepals. Stamens 6, erect, tetradynamous
oblong or linear. Nectar glands 1, 2, or 4, distinct
bases of all stamens; median
present or absent. Ovules 15-100 per ovary. Fruit dehiscent siliques or rarely silicles
, linear or rarely oblong, terete
, 4-angled, latiseptate
, or angustiseptate, sessile or rarely shortly stipitate
with an obscure
, pubescent on outside, rarely also on inside, keeled
or not, smooth
; replum rounded; septum complete
, membranous, translucent
, veinless; style obsolete
or short, rarely half as long as or subequaling fruit, often pubescent; stigma capitate, entire or 2-lobed. Seeds uniseriate
or rarely biseriate
, or wingless, oblong, plump or flattened; seed coat
when wetted; cotyledons incumbent
or rarely accumbent
About 150 species: N hemisphere, primarily in Asia and Europe, with 14 species in Central and North America and eight species in N Africa and Macaronesia; 17 species (five endemic) in China.
Species Erysimum cheiranthoides
, (7-) 15-100(-150) cm tall. Trichomes
primarily 3- or
4-fid, sometimes mixed with 5-fid ones, malpighiaceous trichomes
primarily on stem and pedicels. Stems erect
, often branched above,
. Basal leaves
rosulate, withered by fruiting. Middle
cauline leaves shortly petiolate
or sessile; leaf blade
, or elliptic-oblong, (1-) 2-7(-11) cm × (2-) 5-10(-20)
, rarely sinuate-dentate,
apex acute or obtuse
, densely flowered, ebracteate
elongated considerably in fruit. Fruiting pedicels divaricate
, 5-13(-16) mm, slender, much narrower than fruit. Sepals
, 1.8-3 × 0.5-1 mm, not saccate
. Petals yellow, narrowly
, 3-5 × 1.5-2 mm, apex rounded
yellow, 2-3.5 mm; anthers
oblong, 0.5-0.7 mm.
(20-) 30-55 per ovary. Fruit linear, 4-angled, (1-) 1.5-2.5(-4) cm
× 1-1.3 mm, somewhat torulose
, suberect or divaricate-ascending,
with a distinct midvein, outside with 3-5-forked
trichomes, inside densely pubescent
; style slender, 0.5-1.5 mm, cylindric
stigma slightly 2-lobed. Seeds oblong, 1-1.5 × 0.4-0.6 mm.
May-Aug, fr. Jun-Sep. 2n = 16. [source]
Records in FRPS of Erysimum cheiranthoides from provinces and autonomous regions other than the ones listed above are likely based on misidentified plants of E. macilentum. The two species are quite distinct and are easily distinguished by the characters in the above key. [source]
Although the present authors have not examined the type of Erysimum brevifolium, it is almost certain that the species is a synonym of either E. cheiranthoides or E. macilentum because in the protologue the interior of the fruit valves was described as densely stellate . It is here placed in the synonymy of E. cheiranthoides based on the shape of the petals, which were said to be narrowly obovate ; in E. macilentum the petals are linear to linear-oblanceolate. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 24-36" tall.
Dry beds , moist areas; 800-3000 m .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,091 meters (0 to 13,422 feet).
Duration: Annual , Biennial
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Ranunculanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Cheiranthus cheiranthoides (L.) A. Heller • Cheirinia cheiranthoides (L.) Link • E. cheiranthoides var. japonicum H. Boissieu • E. japonicum (H. Boissieu) Makino • E. parviflorum Persoon. • Erysimum brevifolium Z. X. An • Erysimum cheiranthoides altum Ahti
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 2009
Members of the genus Erysimum
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 71 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
E. ammophilum (Coast Wallflower) · E. angustatum (Contra Coasta Wallflower) · E. arenicola (Cascade Wallflower) · E. arenicola S.Watson var. arenicola S.Watson (Cascade Wallflower) · E. arenicola S.Watson var. torulosum (Piper) C.L.Hitchc. (Cascade Wallflower) · E. arenicola var. arenicola (Cascade Wallflower) · E. arenicola var. torulosum (Cascade Wallflower) · E. capitatum (Alpine Wallflower) · E. capitatum subsp. angustatum (Contra Costa Wallflower) · E. capitatum angustatum var. angustatum (Western Wallflower) · E. capitatum var. angustatum (Contra Costa Wallflower) · E. capitatum var. bealianum (Sanddune Wallflower) · E. capitatum var. capitatum (Sanddune Wallflower) · E. capitatum var. lompocense (San Luis Obispo Wallflower) · E. capitatum var. lompocense (G.Rossb.) Kartesz, comb. nov. ined. (San Luis Obispo Wallflower) · E. capitatum var. perenne (Sanddune Wallflower) · E. capitatum var. purshii (Purshs Wallflower) · E. cheiranthoides (Treacle Wallflower) · E. cheiri (Aegean Wallflower) · E. cheiri 'Blood Red' (English Wallflower) · E. cheiri 'Fair Lady Mix' (English Wallflower) · E. cheiri 'Harpur Crewe' (English Wallflower) · E. cheiri 'Ivory White' (English Wallflower) · E. cheiri 'Jane's Derision' (Aegean Wallflower) · E. cheiri 'Persian Carpet Mix' (English Wallflower) · E. cheiri 'Ruby Gem' (English Wallflower) · E. cheiri 'Vulcan' (English Wallflower) · E. durum (Hard Wallflower) · E. franciscanum (San Francisco Wallflower) · E. franciscanum var. franciscanum (San Francisco Wallflower) · E. glandulosum (Jewelflower) · E. helveticum (Tufted Wallflower) · E. hieraciifolium (European Wallflower) · E. hirsutum (Hairy Rockcress) · E. holboellii (Holboell's Rockcress) · E. inconspicuum (Shy Wallflower) · E. inconspicuum (S.Watson) MacM. var. coarctatum (Fern.) G.Rossb. (Shy Wallflower) · E. inconspicuum var. coarctatum (Shy Wallflower) · E. inconspicuum var. inconspicuum (Shy Wallflower) · E. insulare (Island Wallflower) · E. insulare insulare (Island Wallflower) · E. insulare suffrutescens (Island Wallflower) · E. kotschyanum (Kotschy Erysimum) · E. linifolium (Alpine Wallflower) · E. linifolium 'Julian Orchard' (Alpine Wallflower) · E. linifolium 'Variegatum' (Variegated Wallflower) · E. linifolium 'Wenlock Beauty' (Alpine Wallflower) · E. menziesii (Coast Wallflower) · E. menziesii menziesii (Coast Wallflower) · E. menziesii yadonii (Menzies' Wallflower) · E. occidentale (Pale Wallflower) · E. odoratum (Smelly Wallflower) · E. pallasii (Pallas Wallflower) · E. pallasii var. bracteosum (Pallas' Wallflower) · E. pallasii var. ochroleucum (Pallas' Wallflower) · E. pallasii var. pallasii (Pallas' Wallflower) · E. perofskianum (Afghan Erysimum) · E. perofskianum 'Gold Shot' (Afghan Erysimum) · E. repandum (Repand Wallflower) · E. suffrutescens var. suffrutescens (Shrubby Wallflower) · E. teretifolium (Ben Lomond Wallflower) · E. xmarshallii (Siberian Wallflower) · E. x marshallii (Siberian Wallflower) · E. 'Apricot Twist' (Perennial Wallflower) · E. 'Bowles' Mauve' (Bowles' Mauve Perennial Wallflower) · E. 'Cotswold Gem' (Perennial Wallflower) · E. 'Fragrant Sunshine' (Perennial Wallflower) · E. 'John Codrington' (Perennial Wallflower) · E. 'Pastel Patchwork' (Perennial Wallflower) · E. 'Plant World Gold' (Perennial Wallflower) · E. 'Plant World Lemon' (Perennial Wallflower)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 348.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 209, p. 211.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url .
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url , .
- A compendium of the English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman, 1836. url p. 136.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 21.
- A contribution to the knowledge of the flora of southeastern Minnesota. [Boston, Heliotype Print. Co.]1900. url p. 389.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 75.
- A flora of northwest America containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1897. url .
- A flora of northwest America, containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia. Portland, Or., 1903. url .
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 38, p. 38.
- A flora of the state of New-York: comprising full descriptions of all the indigenous and naturalized plants hitherto discovered in the state: with remarks on their economical and medicinal properties / by John Torrey. Albany: Carroll and Cook, printers to the Assembly, 1843. url p. 60.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 212, p. 213.
- A guide to Belfast and the counties of Down & Antrim / prepared for the meeting of the British Association by the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. Belfast: M'Caw, Stevenson & Orr, ltd., 1902. url p. 110.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 133.
- A guide to the poisonous plants and weed seeds of Canada and the northern United States / by R.B. Thomson and H.B. Sifton. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1922. url p. 12, p. 15.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 290.
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 818.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 195, p. 564, p. 577.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url , .
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 680.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 210, p. 218.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 210, p. 218.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 105, p. 107, p. 114, p. 156, p. 157, p. 23.
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 24.
- A report on the progress of vegetable physiology during the year 1837. Tr. from the German by William Francis. London, Taylor, 1839. url p. 128.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 14.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 107.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 62.
- A systematic arrangement of British plants / by W. Withering; corrected and condensed; preceded by instructions adapted for persons commencing the study of botany; accompanied with figures by William MacGillivray. London: Printed for Adam Scott, 1848. url p. 275.
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy: intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and a handbook for food and drug analysts / by Henry Kraemer. Philadelphia & London: J. B. Lippincott company[c1910] url p. 283.
- A tour round North Wales, performed during the summer of 1798; containing not only the description and local history of the ocuntry but also, a sketch of the history of the Welsh bards; and essay on the language; observations on the manners and customs; and the h illus. with views in aquatinta by Alken. London: E. Williams, 1800. url p. 411.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. 25 1903 Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 10, p. 134, p. 142, p. 167, p. 19, p. 204, p. 218, p. 223, p. 282, p. 30, p. 32, p. 34, p. 35, p. 354, p. 358, p. 46, p. 48, p. 48, p. 56, p. 61, p. 65, p. 69, p. 82, p. 88, p. 98.
- Agriculture / by Charles C. James. Toronto: G.N. Morang, 1898. url p. 198, p. 198.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 20.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 27.
- An account of the plants collected by Mr. M. P. Price on the Carruthers-Miller-Price Expedition through North-West Mongolia and Chinese Dzungaria in 1910. London, 1913 url .
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 315, p. 317.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 172.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 280.
- An illustrated natural history of British moths / by Edward Newman. London: Hardwicke and Bogue,  url p. 199.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 59.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 24.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 361.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 133, p. 173, p. 76, p. 8.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 103, p. 174.
- Annual report of the Bureau of American Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: U. S. Govt. Print. Off., 1897- url p. 545.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 175, p. 4, p. 48, p. 55, p. 6, p. 6.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 83.
- Annual report of the Quebec Society for the Protection of Plants from Insects and Fungous Diseases. Quebec: The Society, 1909-1920. url .
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 158, p. 198.
- Annual report of the regents of the university on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, Regents of the University. url p. 44.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 52.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 46, p. 94.
- Annual report. United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories. 1st-12th, 1867-1878. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1867-83. url p. 478.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 473.
- Appendix C., vegetation/agricultural resources of the Beal Project area / prepared for Beal Mountain Mining, Inc.; prepared by Ken L. Scow, L. Dean Culwell. Helena, Mont.: Western Technology and Engineering,  url .
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 553.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 553.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 300.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 47 - 51 1980 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 26, p. 7, p. 73, p. 76, p. 9.
- Botanic contributions relating to the flora of western North America [by] Gray, Engelmann, Torrey [and] Fre?mont. v.p., 1843-53 url p. 87.
- Botanical appendix to Captain Franklin's narrative of a journey to the shores of the Polar Sea by John Richardson. [London?: s.n.], 1823 url .
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 211.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , p. 126, p. 332, p. 415.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 112.
- Botany. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1871. url .
- British plant-galls; a classified text book of cecidology, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 324, p. 324.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 407.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 103, p. 174.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 15.
- Bulletin / University of Montana. Missoula: University of Montana, 1901-1910. url p. 30.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information. Additional Series. Royal Gardens, Kew. 5 1906 [Kew, Surrey: Royal Botanic Gardens], 1898-1936; url p. 75.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 341.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 6 1875-1879 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 256, p. 323, p. 380, p. 425, p. 493, p. 513, p. 620, p. 69, p. II.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 245.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 15.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 73.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , , p. 45, p. 45, p. 487, p. 487.
- Catalogue of local botanical and palæontological specimens prepared by the Hamilton Association, 1896-97. S.l.: s.n., 1897? url .
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 830.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 830.
- Catalogue of the flora of Minnesota: including its phænogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants, indigenous, naturalized, and adventive / by Warren Upham. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 25, p. 26.
- Catalogue of the flora of Vermont, including phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants growing without cultivation. Burlington, [Vt.]Free Press Association, 1888. url p. 12.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 206.
- Circle West vegetation monitoring study. Helena, Mont.: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation, - url p. 23, p. 31, p. 38.
- Circle west vegetation baseline study: final report / by Richard Prodgers. Helena: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation,  url p. 106.
- Class book of botany. Being outlines of the structure, physiology and classification of plants. With a flora of all parts of the United States and Canada. By Alphonso Wood. .. New York, A.S. Barnes & Burr;1860. url p. 233.
- Class-book of botany being outlines of the structures, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. Cincinnati: American Book Co., c1881. url .
- Class-book of botany: being outlines of the structure, physiology and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Burr, 1861, c1860. url p. 233.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 92.
- Common weeds of the Canadian Prairies; Ottawa, Queen's Printer, 1963. url p. 13, p. 16, p. 37.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 61, p. 637.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url .
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 323.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 3 1892-1896 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 150, p. 167, p. 213, p. 246, p. 299, p. 485.
- Contributions to Canadian biology and fisheries. Toronto [etc.] url p. 43.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 46, p. 94.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 6.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 152, p. 153, p. 384.
- Don, G. A general history of the dichlamydeous plants: comprising complete descriptions of the different orders...the whole arranged according to the natural system /by George Don. 1 1831 London: J.G. and F. Rivington, 1831-1838. url p. 212.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 319.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, by Theodore C. Frye. .. and George B. Rigg. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1914] url p. 107, p. 115.
- Elements of the philosophy of plants: containing the principles of scientific botany. .. with a history of the science, and practical illustrations. By A. P. de Candolle and K. Sprengel. Tr. from the German. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood, 1821. url , p. 405.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 10, p. 14, p. 9.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 4.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 116, p. 58.
- Farm weeds of Canada / by George H. Clark and James Fletcher; with illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, 1923 url p. 100.
- Farm weeds of Canada, by George H. Clark and James Fletcher. With illustrations by Norman Criddle. Published by direction of the Hon. Sydney A. Fisher, Minister of Agriculture, Ottawa, 1909. Ottawa: Govt. Print. Bureau,  url p. 100.
- Fauna and flora of Haileybury. Hartford, Stephen Austin, 1902. url p. 58.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 113.
- Field, forest, and garden botany, a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the Mississippi, both wild and cultivated. New York, Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1869. url p. 54.
- Fieldbook of Illinois wild flowers; six hundred fifty of the more common flowering plants in the state. Urbana, 1936. url p. 129, p. 129.
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 83.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 24.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 24.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 30, p. 33, p. 34.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , p. 275.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url , , .
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 159.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 159, p. 159.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 131.
- Flora of Derbyshire: flowering plants, higher cryptogams, mosses and hepatics, Characeae. London, Bemrose & Sons Ltd., 1903. url p. 28, p. 30.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 51.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 72.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1051, p. 508, p. 509.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 492.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 135.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 135.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 360.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 360, p. 399.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 74.
- Flora of Onondaga county as collected by the members of the Syracuse Botanical Club. Compiled, classified and catalogued by L. Leonora Hutchinson Goodrich. Syracuse, N.Y., McDonnell, 1912. url p. 105.
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 151.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 22, p. 404.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 9.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 46, p. 94.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 207.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url , .
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 117.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 154.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited (for the Bristol Naturalists' Society) by James Walter White. .. Bristol, J. Fawn & Son [etc.]1881- url p. 17.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 167.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 200.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 366, p. 370, p. 589, p. 72.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 343.
- Flora of the Southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arranged according to the natural system. New York, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & Co., [c1883] url .
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 475, p. 475, p. 476, p. 476.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the southern United States, containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; arranged according to the natural system by A.W. Chapman. New York, American Book Company url p. 606.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 299.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 348.
- Flora scotica, or, A description of Scottish plants arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods: in two parts / by William Jackson Hooker. .. Edinburgh: A. Constable, 1821. url p. 585.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Flowers of the field, by the late Rev. C. A. Johns. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url p. 45.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url .
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 66.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 183.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 7.
- Gray's Lessons in botany and vegetable physiology: illustrated by over 360 wood engravings from original drawings by Isaac Sprague: to which is added a copious glossary, or dictionary of botanical terms / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & Co., 1877, c1868. url p. 69.
- Gray's school and field book of botany, consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume / by Asa Gray... New York: American Book co.,  url p. 54.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 268.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 475, p. 87.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 95.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. London, L. Reeve, 1908. url p. 35.
- Handbook of the Torquay flora; comprising the flowering plants and ferns growing in and around Torquay, with their respective habitats. By Robert Stewart, M.R.C.S. London, E. Croydon, Royal Library;1860. url p. 12.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 24, p. 260, p. 49.
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 458, p. 529.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 459.
- Hooker, W. J. Botanical miscellany. London: J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 179.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 182.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 297.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 174, p. 179.
- Illustrated natural history of British butterflies and moths; the figures drawn by George Willis and engraved by John Kirchner. London, Glaisher, pref. 1869. url p. 199, p. 200.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 17.
- In a Cheshire garden; natural history notes. London: Sherratt, 1912. url p. 7.
- Insects. Ottawa: T. Mulvey [etc.], 1919-1920. url p. 115.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 253.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 627.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 97.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 758.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 11, p. 118, p. 12, p. 128, p. 13, p. 140, p. 144, p. 178, p. 18, p. 194, p. 209, p. 220, p. 232, p. 248, p. 270, p. 301, p. 308, p. 339, p. 34, p. 377, p. 384, p. 384, p. 43, p. 47, p. 72, p. 8, p. 9, p. 9, p. 97.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 247.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 124, p. 196.
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 82.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 303, p. 356.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 174.
- List of plants collected by Mr. J. B. Tyrrell in the Klondike region in 1899 John Macoun. Ottawa?: s.n., 1899? url .
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 88.
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 26.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book Co., c1889. url p. 71.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 465.
- Manual of the flowering plants of Iowa. [Lamoni, Iowa]Privately published, 1899. url .
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 144, p. 593.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 12.
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 18.
- Memoirs and proceedings of the Manchester Literary & Philosophical Society. Manchester: The Society, 1888-1980. url p. 21.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 188, p. 188, p. 348.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 174, p. 270.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 83.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , p. 1060, p. 389, p. 389, p. 582, p. 582, p. 758.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 101, p. 149, p. 193, p. 45.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 133, p. 173, p. 76, p. 8.
- Narrative of a journey to the shores of the Polar Sea, in the years 1819, 20, 21, and 22 by John Franklin. London: J. Murray, 1823. url .
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 60, p. 60.
- Natural history of the district. .., together with a geological account of the rock strata, and the fossils contained in them, Part II [in The Teignmouth, Dawlish, and Torquay Guide., , , by N. T. Carrington] Teignmouth, E. Croydon, 1830. url .
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 263.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- Newman's entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1869-1876] url p. 379, p. 421.
- North Wales; including its scenery, antiquities, customs, and some sketches of its natural history; delineated from two excursions through all the interesting parts of that country, during the summers of 1798 and 1801. London, T. N. Longman and O. Rees, 1804. url p. 400.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 200, p. 226, p. 260, p. 288, p. 307, p. 359, p. 38, p. 43, p. 450.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 238, p. 255.
- Outlines of botany for the high school laboratory and classroom (based on Gray's Lessons in botany) by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt. .. prepared at the request of the Botanical Department of Harvard University. New York, American Book Co. url p. 71.
- Parasitic rhizoctonias in America, by George Leo Peltier. .. Urbana, 1916 url p. 308.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 426, p. 91.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 297, p. 31, p. 420.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 3 1896 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 138.
- Plant names, scientific and popular, including in the case of each plant the correct botanical name in accordance with the reformed nomenclature, together with botanical and popular synonyms. .. Comp. from the most authentic sources by A. B. Lyons. Detroit, Nelson, Baker & Co., 1900. url p. 150.
- Plant species of special concern and plant associations of Sheridan County, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2000. url .
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 173, p. 173.
- Plants poisonous to live stock / Cambridge: University Press, 1917. url , .
- Plants poisonous to live stock, by Harold C. Long. .. Cambridge: University press, 1917. url p. 105, p. 116, p. 19.
- Plants poisonous to live stock. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1917. url , , p. 19.
- Poisonous plants of all countries, by A. Bernhard-Smith. London, Baillière, Tindall & Cox, 1923. url p. 103, p. 72.
- Poisonous plants of all countries. With the active, chemical principles which they contain; and the toxic symptoms produced by each group. Bristol [Eng.]J. Wright, 1905. url .
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 292.
- Popular science news, formerly Boston journal of chemistry. A popular illustrated monthly devoted to the progress in zoology, botany, mineralogy, archaeology, hygiene, invention, with related physical sciences and general v. 1-36; July 1866-Dec. 1902. Boston, J.R. Nichols & co. [etc.]1866-; New York, W. O. Allison [etc., 1894]-1902. url p. 70.
- Practical agriculture, by Charles C. James. .. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1899. url p. 201.
- Preliminary report of explorations in Nebraska and Dakota, in the years 1855-'56-'57, by Lieut. G.K. Warren, Topographical Engineers. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1875. url p. 111.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1067.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 218.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 57, p. 57, p. 80, p. 80.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 197, p. 197, p. 229, p. 34, p. 64, p. 64, p. 9, p. 9.
- Proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto, Canadian Institute. url p. 146.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 154, p. 306, p. 306.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Association of Miramichi. Chatham, N.B.: The Association, 1899-1901. url p. 24, p. 53.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 47, p. 7.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 108, p. 403, p. 49, p. 50, p. 698, p. 700.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 16, p. 61.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 207.
- Rare plant inventory and plant community descriptions of the Sweet Grass Hills, Proposed Area of Critical Environmental Concern (PACEC), Toole and Liberty Counties, Montana / prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management; prepared by Western Technology and Engineering, Inc. in cooperation with Montana Natural Heritage Program. Helena, MT: Western Technology and Engineering, Inc.,  url .
- Report and Transactions of the Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists Glasgow:Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists, 1873-77. url p. 38.
- Report of the Dominion Entomologist. Ottawa url p. 190, p. 243.
- Report of the Entomologist and Botanist / Canada, Department of Agriculture, Central Experimental Farm. Ottawa: Government Print. Bureau, url p. 190.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 122, p. 167.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 103, p. 133, p. 173, p. 174, p. 8.
- Report of the geological exploration of the fortieth parallel / Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1870-80 url .
- Report on the flora of St. Andrews, N.B. / by James Fowler. Ottawa: Printed by S.E. Dawson, 1902 url p. 43.
- Report upon United States Geographical surveys west of the one hundredth meridian, Washington, Govt. print. off., 1875-89. url .
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 41.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 269, p. 389, p. 680, p. 681, p. 758, p. 785.
- Revision of the genus Phyllotreta chevrolat of America north of Mexico. Eric H. Smith. 28 1985 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1985- url p. 40.
- Robert Pocock: the Gravesend historian, naturalist, antiquarian, and printer / by George M. Arnold. London: Sampson Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1883. url p. 219.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url explanation of plate 6.
- Rydberg, P. A. Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, and British Columbia /by P. A. Rydberg... 1917 New York: The author, 1917. url p. 343.
- Science progress. London: Scientific Press, [1894-1898] url p. 352.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 86.
- Seemann, B. The botany of the voyage of H.M.S. Herald: under the command of Captain Henry Kellett, R.N., C.B., during the years 1845-51 /by Berthold Seemann. 1852-1857 London: Lovell Reeve, 1852-1857. url p. 51.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sketch of a journey to the Rocky Mountains and to the Columbia River in North America by Thomas Drummond. S.l.: s.n., 1830 url .
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 475, p. 476.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 138 1960 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 44.
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url .
- Species and varieties: their origin by mutation / lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo DeVries; edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: The Open Court; 1906, c1904. url p. 833.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 831.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 280.
- Spring flora of the Wasatch region / by A.O. Garrett. Salt Lake City: Skelton Publishing, 1911. url p. 36.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 29.
- Studies on Rocky Mountain flora. New York, New York Botanical Garden, 1899-1913. url p. 323.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 10.
- Synoptical flora of North America. New York, American Book Company, 1878-1895/97 [v.2, pt. 1, 1878] url p. 143.
- Text-book of western botany: consisting of Coulter's Manual of the botany of the Rocky mountains, to which is prefixed Gray's lessons in botany. For the use of schools and colleges between the Mississippi river and the Rocky moun Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and Company, 1885. url p. 22.
- The American journal of science. 23 (2) 1857 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 73.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 37, p. 410.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 175, p. 175, p. 308, p. 308, p. 308, p. 331, p. 41, p. 450, p. 450, p. 450.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 104, p. 108, p. 227, p. 238, p. 38, p. 64.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url , p. 434.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 68 1954 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url frankton , p. 102, p. 108, p. 118, p. 129, p. 15, p. 16, p. 161, p. 176, p. 186, p. 188, p. 204, p. 210, p. 221, p. 231, p. 236, p. 266, p. 27, p. 279, p. 29, p. 294, p. 447, p. 462, p. 464, p. 504, p. 523, p. 530, p. 55, p. 572, p. 604, p. 618, p. 627, p. 690, p. 76, p. 78, p. 79, p. 81, p. 85, p. 87, p. 88, p. 88, p. 90, p. 94.
- The Canadian journal of industry, science and art. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1856-1867. url p. 221.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 40, p. 6.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 473.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url p. 11.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 200, p. 200, p. 200.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 261, p. 262, p. 263.
- The Entomologist. London: Edward Newman, 1840- url p. 358, p. 359.
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 18.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 274, p. 275.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1052, p. 839.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 340, p. 454.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 130, p. 29.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 40 1980 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 237, p. 261, p. 281, p. 326, p. 33.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 194, p. 269, p. 33, p. 40, p. 42, p. 96, p. 97, p. 99.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 109, p. 112, p. 136.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 41 1912-13 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 405.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 172.
- The Manchester flora: a descriptive list of the plants growing wild within eighteen miles of Manchester, with notices of the plants commonly cultivated in gardens; preceded by an introduction to botany, by L. H. Grindon. London, W. White, 1859. url p. 119.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 680, p. 681, p. 728.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 680, p. 681.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 134, p. 161, p. 232, p. 29.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 133, p. 293.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 123, p. 211, p. 211.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 119, p. 165, p. 166, p. 197, p. 233, p. 337, p. 338, p. 364, p. 368, p. 388, p. 388, p. 39, p. 397, p. 398, p. 404, p. 412, p. 429, p. 492, p. 594, p. 80, p. 80.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 309, p. 310, p. 408, p. 454, p. 46, p. 544, p. 577, p. 757, p. 773, p. 835, p. 848.
- The Plasmodiophorales; including a complete host index, bibliography, and a description of diseases caused by species of this order, by John S. Karling. New York city, The author, 1942 url p. 94.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 109, p. 112, p. 136, p. 284.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 103, p. 174, p. 620.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 459.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 42.
- The book of British butterflies. London, L.U. Gill, 1893. url p. 245.
- The book of British butterflies: a practical manual for collectors and naturalists / by W.J. Lucas; with illustrations by the author London: L. Upcott Gill, 1893 url p. 245, p. 58.
- The book of herbs / London; J. Lane, 1903. url .
- The book of herbs / by Lady Rosalind Northcote. London; John Lane: The Bodley Head, MCMIII . url p. 159.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 13.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , p. 109.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 111, p. 163, p. 57.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 14.
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 10.
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 475.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 89.
- The flora of southwestern Colorado / by T.S. Brandegee. Washington: Dept. of the Interior, U.S. Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories, 1876. url p. 245.
- The flora of the Palouse region. Containing descriptions of all the Spermatophytes and Pteridophytes known to grow wild in the area within 35 kilometers of Pullman, Washington. By Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Pullman, Washington Agricultural College and School of Science, 1901. url p. 87.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 9.
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries / by WJillard Nelson Clute. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1898. url p. 13.
- The geological and natural history survey of Minnesota: the twelfth annual report for the year 1883 / N.H. Winchell. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 25, p. 26.
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 207.
- The letters of Rusticus on the natural history of Godalming. Extracted from the Magazine of natural history, the Entomological magazine, and the Entomologist. London: Printed for John Van Voorst, 1849. url p. 139.
- The living flora of West Virginia, Wheeling, Wheeling News Litho. Co., 1913 url .
- The miscellaneous botanical works of Robert Brown vol. II, containing III. systematic memoirs, and IV. contributions to systematic works. London: Published for the Ray Society by R. Hardwicke, 1867. url .
- The natural history of Washington territory, with much relating to Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oregon, and California, between the thirty-sixth and forty-ninth parallels of latitude, being those parts of the final reports on the survey of the N By J. G. Cooper, M. D., and Dr. G. Suckley. .. This edition contains a new preface, giving a sketch of the explorations, a classified table of contents, and the latest additions by the authors. With f London, Baillière brothers, 1859. url .
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 119.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 206, p. 250, p. 320.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 439, p. 515.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 43.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 162.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , p. 346, p. 99.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , p. 212, p. 261.
- The vascular flora of the eastern Penobscot Bay region, Maine. [Portland, Maine, 1919. url p. 241.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , .
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 885.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 741, p. 885.
- The weeds of Ontario / by F. C. Harrison. Toronto: Ontario Dept. of Agriculture, 1900. url .
- Torrey, J. & A. Gray A flora of North America: containing abridged descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing north of Mexico, arranged according to the natural system /by John Torrey and Asa Gray. New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1838-. url p. 94.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 133, p. 166, p. 168, p. 226, p. 249.
- Transactions - Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 49.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , p. 170, p. 284, p. 284, p. 466.
- Transactions of Vassar Brothers Institute, and its Scientific Section. Poughkeepsie, N.Y.: Vassar Brothers Institute, [1883-1896]. url p. 180.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 486.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 164.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 135.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url p. 24.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 173.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Geo. W. Martin url p. 45.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1896 London. url p. 134, p. 135.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 304.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 306.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 22.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 31.
- Watson, S. Botany /by Sereno Watson, aided by Daniel C. Eaton, and others. 5 1871 Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1871. url p. 24, p.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 213, p. 232.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 213.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 251, p. 300, p. 95.
- Woodhawk botanical survey, Fergus County, Montana, Lewistown District of the Bureau of Land Management / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1997. url .
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 183.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Brassicaceae species checklist and database. Release date: December 10, 2009
- "Erysimum cheiranthoides". in Flora of China Vol. 8 Page 168. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 25, 2006. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 36 providers.
- LepIndex: The Global Lepidoptera Names Index
- Marlin, Bruce. CirrusImage.com.
- Opler, Paul A., Harry Pavulaan, Ray E. Stanford, Michael Pogue, coordinators. Butterflies and Moths of North America. Bozeman, MT: Mountain Prairie Information Node. March 26, 2007.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 26, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, GEO Biodiversity Day
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Museum of Natural History, Wroclaw University, Flora of the Stołowe Mts.
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2648590
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Mus-1806
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:283699-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 105478
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 22933
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDBRA16060
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ERCHA
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 30357
- Zhou Taiyan (Cheo Tai-yien, Lu Lianli (Lou Lian-li, Yang Guang, Vladimir I. Dorofeyev, Ihsan A. Al-Shehbaz "Erysimum". in Flora of China Vol. 8 Page 163. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Erysimum cheiranthoides". in Flora of China Vol. 8 Page 168. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 190.610 meters (625.361 feet), Standard Deviation = 254.460 based on 7,821 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]