Common Names in English:
Musk Clover, Musk Storksbill, Musk-Clover, Muskus-Grass, Musky Stork's Bill, Musky Stork's-Bill, White-Stem Filaree, White-Stem Heron's-Bill, White-Stemmed Filaree
herbs. Leaves lobed
than broad, stipulate
. Flowers in cincinnal
umbels, rarely solitary or 2. Involucral bracts
2 or more, united
. Sepals and petals Fertile
stamens 5, alternating with 5 staminodes. Ovary 5-lobed, long beaked
in fruit. Beak
within on dehiscence. The stylar
axis usually spirally twisted below. Mericarps with 2 apical pits.
About 90 species in Europe, Mediterranean region, C. & S.W. Asia, Australia and tropical S. America. Represented in Pakistan by 7 species.
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February, March, April, May. • Flower Color: pink
Size: under 6" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,701 meters (0 to 15,423 feet).
Duration: Annual , Biennial
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Geranianae () - (Dumortier, 1829) Takhtajan, 1997
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
: L'H?r. Publication
: in Ait. Hort. Kew. ii. 414
Basionym author: (Burm.f.)
Members of the genus Erodium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 44 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
E. alpinum (Herons Bill) · E. botrys (Big Herons Bill) · E. brachycarpum (Short-Fruit Heron's-Bill) · E. carvifolium (Herons Bill) · E. chrysanthum (Yellow Herons Bill) · E. ciconium (Common Stork's Bill) · E. cicutarium (Alfilaree) · E. cicutarium bipinnatum (Alfilaree) · E. cicutarium cicutarium (Alfilaree) · E. cicutarium dunense (Alfilaree) · E. cicutarium jacquinianum (Alfilaree) · E. cicutarium ssp. bipinnatum (Redstem Stork's Bill) · E. cicutarium ssp. cicutarium (Redstem Stork's Bill) · E. cicutarium ssp. jacquinianum (Redstem Stork's Bill) · E. corsicum (Heronsbill) · E. cygnorum (Australian Heron's-Bill) · E. foetidum 'Alba' (Herons Bill) · E. gruinum (Iranian Herons Bill) · E. jacquinianum (Redstem Stork's Bill) · E. laciniatum (Cut-Leaf Heron's-Bill) · E. laciniatum var. bovei (Cutleaf Stork's Bill) · E. macrophyllum (California Storksbill) · E. macrophyllum var. californicum (California Stork's Bill) · E. macrophyllum var. californicum (Greene) Jeps. (California Stork's Bill) · E. macrophyllum var. macrophyllum (Roundleaf Stork's Bill) · E. malacoides (Mediterranean Heron's-Bill) · E. manescavii (Manescau Erodium) · E. moschatum (Musk Clover) · E. moschatum var. moschatum (Musky Stork's Bill) · E. moschatum var. praecox (Musky Stork's Bill) · E. pelargoniflorum (Herons Bill) · E. reichardii (Alpine Geranium) · E. reichardii 'Charm' (Alpine Geranium) · E. reichardii 'Dark Eyes' (Alpine Geranium) · E. reichardii 'Flora-Plena' (Alpine Geranium) · E. reichardii 'Roseum' (Alpine Geranium) · E. stephenianum (Stephen's Heron's-Bill) · E. texanum (Bull Filaree) · E. trifolium (Herons Bill) · E. x kolbianum 'Natasha' (Herons Bill) · E. x variabile 'Album' (Herons Bill) · E. x variabile 'Bishop's Form' (Bishop's Form Pink Herons Bill) · E. x variabile'Flora Plena' (Herons Bill) · E. 'Spanish Eyes' (Herons Bill)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 129.
- A catalogue of plants cultivated in the garden of John Gerard, in the years 1596-1599 /edited with notes, references to Gerard's Herball, the addition of modern names, and a life of the author, by Benjamin Daydon Jackson. 1876 London: Privately printed, 1876 url p. 35.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url p. 306.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 406, p. 408.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A flora of western middle California, Berkeley, Cal., Encina Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical in two parts; tr. from the original by Mrs. Hooker. .. with additions, an appendix on the natural method, and a synopsis of the orders by J.D. Hooker. London, Longmans, 1876. url p. 309.
- A guide to Belfast and the counties of Down & Antrim / prepared for the meeting of the British Association by the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. Belfast: M'Caw, Stevenson & Orr, ltd., 1902. url p. 119.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 141.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 504.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url figs. 319-320 , p. 579.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 258.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A materia medica: Animalia, containing the scientific analysis, natural history and chemical and medical properties and uses of the substances that are the products of beasts, birds, fishes or insects. .. By Peter P. Good. .. Cambridge, Mass., The author[c1853] url p. 5.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 625.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood. With sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from darwings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 122.
- A popular California flora, or, Manual of botany for beginners: with illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to the Pacific Coast: to which is added an analytical key to West Coast botany, containing brief descriptions of over 1600 species of Pacific by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Bancroft, 1888. url .
- A popular California flora: or, Manual of botany for beginners with illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to the Pacific Coast; to which is added an analytical key to west coast botany, containing brief descripti by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1896. url .
- A popular California flora: or, manual of botany for beginners. ..: to which is added an analytical key to West Coast botany. .. / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Bancroft, 1888. url , p. 36, p. xviii.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 87.
- A year's gardening London, T. Werner Laurie, [1912?] url .
- A year's gardening, New York, C. Scribner's sons[1912?] url p. 203.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 132, p. 409.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 49.
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 116, p. 56.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 5, p. 7.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 430, p. 430.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 166, p. 166, p. 173, p. 173, p. 247, p. 256, p. 327, p. 51.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 29, p. 29.
- Annals of the South African Museum. Annale van die Suid-Afrikaanse Museum. Cape Town [etc., South African Museum, etc.] url p. 199.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 460.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 151, p. 331, p. 531, p. 689.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url .
- Botany for ladies; or, A popular introduction to the natural system of plants, according to the classification of De Candolle. By Mrs. Loudon. London, J. Murray, 1842. url p. 335.
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 213.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 21, p. 22.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url , , p. 111, p. 116, p. 49, p. 49.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 18.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 53, p. 57, p. 58, p. 97.
- Bulletin of the California Academy of Sciences. [S.l.: The Academy], 1884- url p. 222.
- Bulletin of the Natural History Museum. London: The Natural History Museum, c1993-2002. url p. 95.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 109, p. 133, p. 20.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 30 1903 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 123, p. 272, p. 356.
- Bulletin. California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco. San Francisco url p. 392.
- California art & nature San Diego url .
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 253.
- California plants in their homes; a botanical reader for children [with supplement] Illustrated by Alice C. Cooper and Mary E. Lewis. Los Angeles, Cal., B. R. Baumgardt & co.1898. url p. 38.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 303, p. 304.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 91, p. 91.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 262, p. 434.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 2 1836-1837 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 274, p. 279.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 4 1893 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 76.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 62, p. 63, p. xx.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 17.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 257, p. 284.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 545.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 197, p. 680.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 40, p. 83.
- Edinburgh journal of natural history and of the physical sciences. Edinburgh [etc.]: Published for the proprietor [etc.], 1835-1840. url p. 83.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 65.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 132.
- Farming industries of Cape Colony. By Robert Wallace. .. With 81 full-page plates, 14 maps, 6 plans, and 92 illustrations in the text. London: P. S. King and son; [etc.], 1896. url p. 535, p. 535.
- Field book of western wild flowers, by Margaret Armstrong in collaboration with J.J. Thornber. .. with five hundred illustrations in black and white, and forty-eight plates in color drawn from nature by the author. 1915 London, C. [sic] P. Putnam's Sons, 1915. url p. 276, p. 586, p. 586.
- Flora Costaricensis / William Burger, editor. 28 1991 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1991. url p. 17.
- Flora calpensis; contributions to the botany and topography of Gibraltar, and its neighbourhood. By E. F. Kelaart. London, J. van Voorst, 1846. url p. 89, p. 90.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 57.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 57.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 23.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url .
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , , , .
- Flora of Guatemala: families Leguminosae, Geraniaceae, Oxalidaceae, Tropaeolaceae, Linaceae, Erythroxylaceae, Zygophyllaceae, Rutaceae, Simaroubaceae, Burseraceae, Meliaceae, and Malpighiaceae / by Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1946 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1946. url p. 368, p. 369.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 358, p. 419, p. 451.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 208.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 69.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1949 Chicago, [Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 540.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 406.
- Flora of Santa Catalina island (California) / Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 5 1923 Chicago, 1923. url p. 156.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 141.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 415.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Flowering plants of the Riviera: a sescriptive account of 1800 of the more interesting species / by H. Stuart Thompson; with an introduction on Riviera vegetation by A. G. Tansley London; New York: Longmans, Green, 1914. url p. 67.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url .
- Flowers of the field. Rev. throughout and edited by Clarence Elliott. With an appendix including the Pipe-wort tribe (Eriocauleae) the Sedge tribe (Cyperaceae) and the Grass tribe (Gramineae) LondonG. Routledge[n.d.] url p. 59.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 447.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 93.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Handbook to Bath; prepared on the occasion of the visit of the British Association, 1888. Bath, I. Pitman and Sons, 1888. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url , p. 110, p. 128, p. 140.
- History of Pasadena, comprising an account of the native Indian, Pasadena, Cal., Pasadena history company, 1895. url p. 635.
- How plants are trained to work for man, by Luther Burbank. .. prefatory note by David Starr Jordan. New York: P. F. Collier & Son Company, [c1921] url p. 272.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 192.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 200.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 49.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 85.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 44 1906 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 118, p. 12, p. 12, p. 123, p. 13, p. 138, p. 16, p. 164, p. 181, p. 190, p. 200, p. 21, p. 21, p. 210, p. 23, p. 233, p. 235, p. 24, p. 258, p. 259, p. 261, p. 273, p. 282, p. 294, p. 325, p. 358, p. 385, p. 385, p. 390, p. 43, p. 45, p. 46, p. 508, p. 80, p. 85, p. 88, p. 98.
- Key to the system of Victorian plants. .. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Melbourne, R.S. Bain, government printer, 1885-88. url p. 531.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , p. 150, p. 19, p. 55, p. 66.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 543, p. 545.
- Luther Burbank, his methods and discoveries and their practical application; London, Luther Burbank Press, 1914-15. url .
- Luther Burbank: his methods and discoveries and their practical application / prepared from his original field notes covering more than 100, 000 experiments made during forty years devoted to plant improvement; with the assistance of the Luther Burbank Society and its entire me London: Luther Burbank Press, 1914-15. url p. 110.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 22.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 101, p. 399.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 65.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1069.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 575.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 745.
- Memoirs of British quadrupeds, illustrative principally of their habits of life, instincts, sagacity, and uses to mankind. Arranged according to the system of Linnaeus / by the Rev. W. Bingley; with engravings from original drawings executed chiefly by Mr. Samuel Howitt. London.Darton and Harvey.1809. url p. 303.
- Memoirs of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: The Academy, 1868- url p. 30.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 415, p. 663.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 3 1893 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 12, p. 270, p. 49, p. 57.
- Memoirs read before the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston, [Boston Society of Natural History]1862-1946. url p. 80.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 247, p. 459, p. 64.
- Miscellaneous studies in agriculture and biology. Berkeley, University of California Press, 1919. url p. 69, p. 69.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 174.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 143.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. San Diego, The Society. url p. 81, p. 81.
- Odorographia: a natural history of raw materials and drugs used in the perfume industry: intended to serve growers, manufacturers and consumers / by J. Ch. Sawer. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1892-1894. url p. 19.
- Oliver, D. Flora of tropical Africa /by Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. 1 1868 London: L. Reeve and co., 1868-1999. url p. 292.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 161, p. 179, p. 182.
- Philosophical magazine. London: Taylor & Francis. url p. 230.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 319.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 1 1887-1889 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 86.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 303, p. 304.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 89.
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 87.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url p. 158.
- Preliminary catalog of Anthophyta and Pteridophyta, reported as growing spontaneously within one hundred miles of New York City. New York, 1888. url p. 78.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 222.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 114.
- Proceedings of the Bristol Naturalists' Society. Bristol: The Society, 1863-1912. url p. 20.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 281, p. 398, p. 629.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 100, p. 193, p. 21, p. 313, p. 703.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 15, p. 220, p. 225, p. 243, p. 37, p. 77.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 11 1888 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 528.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 112.
- Report and Transactions of the Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists Glasgow:Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists, 1873-77. url p. 78.
- Report upon United States Geographical surveys west of the one hundredth meridian, Washington, Govt. print. off., 1875-89. url .
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 261.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 72, p. 77, p. 78.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url .
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 565.
- Some account of the fauna and flora of Sinai, Petra, and Wa?dy 'Arabah, London, Pub. for the Committee of the Palestine exploration fund by A. P. Watt, 1891. url .
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 163.
- Spicilegium florae Maroccanae / by John Ball. London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1878. url p. 386.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 200.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 259.
- The American journal of science. 20 1831 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 259.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 107, p. 107, p. 114, p. 115, p. 120, p. 120, p. 331, p. 37, p. 37, p. 38, p. 38, p. 41.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 237, p. 243, p. 98.
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Calif.: F.A. Miller & Co., 1870- url p. 70.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 230, p. 230, p. 230.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 300, p. 313, p. 313.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 19.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 40 1980 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 397.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 102, p. 188, p. 209, p. 242, p. 304, p. 37.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url , p. 100, p. 391.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 30 1895 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 260, p. 36.
- The Naturalist. 1897 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 127, p. 56.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 17.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 113, p. 124, p. 158, p. 168, p. 210, p. 303, p. 305, p. 326, p. 351, p. 387, p. 408, p. 46, p. 516, p. 570, p. 613, p. 634, p. 635, p. 645, p. 97.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 1001, p. 1005, p. 1047, p. 161, p. 3, p. 325, p. 364, p. 539, p. 642, p. 68, p. 773, p. 785, p. 838.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 119, p. 133, p. 135.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 35.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 53.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 8.
- The West-American scientist. San Diego: C.R. Orcutt. url , p. 96.
- The agricultural grasses and forage plants of the United States; and such foreign kinds as have been introduced. By Dr. Geo. Vasey; with an appendix on the chemical composition of grasses, by Clifford Richardson. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1889. url p. 103.
- The classes and orders of the Linnaean system of botany: Illustrated by select specimens of foreign and indigenous plants. London: Printed by T. Bensley for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1816. url p. 335.
- The correspondence of John Ray, consisting of selections from the philosophical letters published by Dr. Derham and original letters of John Ray in the collection of the British Museum / London: Printed for the Ray Society, 1848. url p. 497.
- The correspondence of John Ray: consisting of selections from the philosophical letters published by Dr. Derham, and original letters of John Ray in the collection of the British Museum. Ed. by Edwin Lankester. London: Printed for the Ray Society, 1848. url p. 46, p. 497.
- The different forms of flowers on plants of the same species. New York, D. Appleton, 1903. url .
- The farmers' handbook [4th ed.] Issued by direction of the Minister of agriculture. .. Comp. by W.H. Brown. .. Sydney, J. Spence, 1922. url p. 589.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 213.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 626, p. 80.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 40.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 40.
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 480.
- The flora of the Nilgiri and Pulney Hill-tops / by P.F. Fyson; with 580 full page illustrations and 4 maps by Lady Bourne, Mrs. Fyson and others. Madras: Printed by the Supt., Govt. Press, 1915-1920. url p. 13, p. 40, p. 53.
- The fur seals and fur-seal islands of the North Pacific ocean. Washington, Govt. Print. Off.1898-99. url .
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 515.
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 195.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 195.
- The natural history of plants. By H. Baillon. Tr. by Marcus M. Hartog. London, L. Reeve & co., 1871-88. url p. 31.
- The natural history of plants. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1871-88. url .
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 39, p. 40.
- The quantitative method in biology. Manchester [Eng.]University Press1919 url p. xii.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2089, p. 43.
- The students' flora of New Zealand and the outlying islands. Wellington, N. Z., John Mackay, govt. printer url .
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 177, p. 206, p. 255, p. 33.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 494, p. 818.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 494, p. 818.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 725.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 725.
- The weeds of New South Wales, pt. I- Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Gov't. printer, 1920- url p. 135, p. 21, p. 23.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 136.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 136.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 307.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url .
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1895-1923. url p. 602.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1891 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 29, p. 344, p. 8.
- [Collected reprints, 1895-1916. s.l., s.n., 19--] url .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 11, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University and Jepson Herbaria DiGIR provider
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Herbarium Willing
- Bundesamt für Naturschutz / Zentralstelle für Phytodiversität Deutschland, Bundesamt fuer Naturschutz / Zentralstelle fuer Phytodiversitaet Deutschland
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- GBIF-Spain, Dirección General de Investigación, Desarrollo Tecnológico e Innovación de la Junta de Extremadura(DGIDTI): HSS
- GBIF-Spain, Herbario Universidad de Málaga: MGC-Cormófitos
- GBIF-Spain, Hortus Botanicus Sollerensis Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Jardín Botánico de Córdoba: Herbarium COA
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Almería, HUAL
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Oviedo. Departamento de Biología de Organismos y Sistemas: FCO
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Israel Nature and Parks Authority, Israel Nature and Parks Authority
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Utah State University, USU-UTC Specimen Database
- inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn, inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2652505
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-29151
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:60567-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 15679
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 29151
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 372355-1
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDGER01090
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ERMO7
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 38402
- Yasin J. Nasir "Erodium". in Flora of Pakistan Page 29. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 267.370 meters (877.198 feet), Standard Deviation = 487.060 based on 60,389 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]