Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Chinese:
Common Names in Czech:
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Bloedgierst, Harig Vingergras, Harig Vingergras;bloedgierst
Common Names in English:
Crabgrass, Common Crabgrass, Crab Finger Grass, Hairy Crab Grass, Hairy Crabgrass, Hairy Fingergrass, Large Crabgrass, Purple Crabgrass, Redhair Crabgrass
Common Names in Estonian:
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Digitaire Sanguine, Manne Terrestre, Millet Sanguin, Panic Sanguin
Common Names in German:
Blut-Fingerhirse, Blutfennich, Bluthirse, Blutrot Fingerhirse
Common Names in Italian:
Sanguinale, Sanguinaria, Sanguinella, Sanguinella Comune
Common Names in Malay:
Rumput Jejari Berbulu
Common Names in Polish:
Palusznik Krwawy, Proso Krwawe
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Spanish:
Garrachuelo, Pasto De Cuaresma (Argentina), Pata De Gallina
Common Names in Swedish:
, occasionally stoloniferous
. Leaf blades
or linear-lanceolate; ligule membranous. Inflorescence of digitately arranged racemes
, sometimes on a short axis or with secondary branchlets
, very rarely paniculate
usually in groups of 2-3(-4), imbricate to effuse, the latter often on notably long and unequal pedicels. Spikelets puberulous
, typically in stripes
between the well-defined veins, rarely glabrous
; lower glume
absent or reduced to a little scale up to 1/4 spikelet length; upper glume variable; lower lemma usually ± equal to spikelet; upper floret pallid
to black, apex subacute
to acuminate, rarely apiculate
. x = 9.
About 250 species:tropical and warm-temperate regions of the world; 22 species (three endemic) in China.
Digitaria has been traditionally divided on the nature of the spikelet hairs, which may be clavate , capitate, verrucose (warty, appearing beaded), or with crooked tips . As good magnification is required to see these features, the grouping of the spikelets on the raceme is a more practical aid to identification. Many species have regularly paired spikelets, which present no difficulty. In those species where the spikelets are grouped in clusters of 3 or more, care must be taken, as often the longest pedicel of a group is partially fused to the rachis so that the spikelets appear alternately paired and single, or sometimes one spikelet may be vestigial, or the spikelets may be paired toward the raceme tips.
Many species are very variable in spikelet pubescence and lemma nervation, even within a single raceme. Additionally, there are a number of complexes of intergrading species, so intermediates may occasionally be encountered. This has led to the publication of many superfluous names .
Species Digitaria sanguinalis
, 10-80 cm tall, glabrous
or nodes bearded
. Leaf sheaths
glabrous or sparsely papillose-pilose;
leaf blades linear-lanceolate, 5-20 × 0.4-1.2 cm, glabrous
; ligule 1-3 mm.
digitate or subdigitate, axis 1-2 cm; racemes
4-12, stiff, 5-18 cm;
, overlapping by about 2/3 their length
; rachis winged
, margins scabrous. Spikelets elliptic-lanceolate,
3-3.5 mm, acute; lower glume
0.2 mm, triangular; upper
glume lanceolate, 1/3-1/2 spikelet length, 3-veined, pubescent
lower lemma as long as spikelet, 7-veined, veins evenly spaced or
a broader interspace
flanking the midvein
, midvein smooth, lateral
veins setiform-scabrous especially toward the apex, appressed-pubescent
on lateral intervein spaces and margins, rarely also setose
lemma greenish gray or light brown, lanceolate, as long as spikelet,
apex acuminate. Anthers
ca. 1 mm. Fl.
and fr. Jun-Sep. 2n
= 28, 36. [source]
The scabrous veins of the lower lemma, although a small character requiring a good lens , are the best means of distinguishing this species from Digitaria ciliaris. [source]
Flowers: Flower Color: green
Size: under 6" tall.
Fields , roadsides, weedy places.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,783 meters (0 to 9,131 feet).
Culture: Space 9-12" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Small, 1903
- Family: Gramineae () - A.L. de Jussieu, 1789, nom. cons., nom. alt.
- Order: Poales () - Small, 1903
- Superorder: Juncanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Dactylon sanguinale (L.) Vill. • Milium sanguinale (L.) Roxb. • Panicum sanguinale L. • Panicum sanguinale Linnaeus • Paspa-lum sanguinale (Linnaeus) Lamarck. • Paspalum sanguinale (L.) Lam. • Syntherisma sanguinalis (L.) Dulac
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Digitaria
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 53 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
D. abyssinica (African Couchgrass) · D. arenicola (Fall Witchgrass) · D. argillacea (Tropical Crabgrass) · D. bicornis (Asia Crabgrass) · D. californica (Arizona Cottontop) · D. ciliaris (Fingergrass) · D. cognata (Carolina Cottontop) · D. cognata var. cognata (Carolina Crabgrass) · D. cognata var. pubiflora (Carolina Crabgrass) · D. cruciata (Crabgrass) · D. diagonalis (Brown-Seeded Finger Grass) · D. didactyla (Crabgrass) · D. dolichophylla (Caribbean Crabgrass) · D. eggersii (Eggers' Crabgrass) · D. eriantha (Pangola Grass) · D. eriantha subsp. eriantha (Crabgrass) · D. eriantha subsp. pentzii (Woolly Fingergrass) · D. exilis (Fonio) · D. filiformis (Slender Crabgrass) · D. floridana (Florida Crabgrass) · D. fuscescens (Yellow Crabgrass) · D. gracillima (Long-Leaf Crabgrass) · D. henryi (Henry´s Crabgrass) · D. hitchcockii (Short-Leaf Crabgrass) · D. horizontalis (Jamaica Crabgrass) · D. iburua (Black Fonio) · D. insularis (Sourgrass) · D. ischaemum (Small Crabgrass) · D. ischaemum var. ischaemum (Small Crabgrass) · D. longiflora (India Crabgrass) · D. milanjiana (Madagascar Crabgrass) · D. natalensis (Natal Crabgrass) · D. nuda (Naked Crabgrass) · D. panicea (Millet Crabgrass) · D. patens (Texas Cottontop) · D. pauciflora (Florida Pineland Crabgrass) · D. pubiflora (Carolina Crabgrass) · D. radicosa (Trailing Crabgrass) · D. sanguinalis (Crabgrass) · D. seriata (Crabgrass) · D. serotina (Blanket Crabgrass) · D. setigera (East Indian Crabgrass) · D. setivalva (Crabgrass) · D. similis (Roadside Crabgrass) · D. simpsonii (Isle-Of-Pines Crabgrass) · D. swalleniana (Swallen's Crabgrass) · D. ternata (Black-Seeded Crabgrass) · D. texana (Texas Crabgrass) · D. tomentosa (Woolly Crabgrass) · D. umfolozi (Crabgrass) · D. velutina (Annual Couchgrass) · D. villosa (Shaggy Crabgrass) · D. violascens (Violet Crabgrass)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 43.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 76.
- A botanical survey of the Galapagos Islands, by Alban Stewart. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences, 1911. url p. 33.
- A compendium of the English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman, 1836. url p. 19.
- A contribution to the botany of the Isle of Pines, Cuba, based upon the specimens of plants from that island contained in the herbarium of the Carnegie Museum under date of October, 1916. By O.E. Jennings. n.p., 1917 url p. 63.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 189, p. 55.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 89, p. 89.
- A flora of Manila / Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1912, 1974 printing. url .
- A flora of Manila, by E. D. Merrill. Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1912. url p. 87, p. 88.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 190.
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 123.
- A handbook of some south Indian grasses, by K. Rai Bahadur K. Ranga Achariyar; assisted by C. Tadulinga Mudaliyar. Madras: Printed by the Superintendent, Govt. Press, 1921. url p. 13, p. 52, p. 53, p. 54, p. 55, p. 56.
- A history of the game birds, wild fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states, including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre By Edward Howe Forbush. Boston, Wright & Potter Printing Company, State Printers, 1916 url p. 583.
- A history of the game birds, wild-fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states: including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre Boston: Wright & Potter printing company, state printers, 1912. url p. 583, p. 583.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 26.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A monograph of Christmas Island (Indian Ocean): 1900 London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1900. url p. 192.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 155.
- A natural history of British grasses / by E.J. Lowe. London: John C. Nimmo, 1891. url p. 219, p. 220.
- A record of plants collected in Southern Rhodesia; arramged on Engler's system. Compiled by Fred. Eyles. Cape Town, 1916 url p. 301.
- Agricultural botany: Philadelphia, J. W. Moore;1847. url p. 212.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 1185.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag by J.C. Loudon London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1831 url p. 102.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and of the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of by J.C. Loudon. London: Longmans, Green, 1871. url p. 102, p. 833.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 54.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 110.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 123.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 313.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 140, p. 140, p. 18, p. 18, p. 239, p. 242, p. 313, p. 384, p. 385, p. 385.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 32 1923 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 155, p. 165, p. 180.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 69.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 23.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 16 1905 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 44.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Albany: State of New York, Dept. of Agriculture, 1894-1911. url p. 745.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 10, p. 100, p. 158, p. 174, p. 195, p. 199, p. 204, p. 3, p. 5, p. 6.
- Annual report of the Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. [S.l.: s.n.], 1907-1925. url p. 15.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 272, p. 285.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 283.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url , p. 13, p. 14, p. 19, p. 26, p. 29, p. 31, p. 36, p. 71.
- Bionomics and control of the two-lined spittle-bug, Prosapia bicincta, on Florida pastures and notes on Prosapia plagiata in Costa Rica, (Homoptera: Cercopidae) / 1969. url .
- Boston journal of natural history. 6 1850 - 18 Boston, Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 239.
- Botanic contributions relating to the flora of western North America [by] Gray, Engelmann, Torrey [and] Fre?mont. v.p., 1843-53 url p. 240.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 414.
- Botanical explorations in southern Texas during the season of 1894. [Lancaster, Pa.]The New Era Printing House, 1895. url p. 12.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url , p. 43, p. 54.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 258, p. 502.
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 423.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia arranged according to the natural system, with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system--a sketch of the rudiments of botany, and a glossary of terms / by Lewis C. Beck. Albany: Webster and Skinners, 1833. url p. 398.
- Botany. By W. H. Brewer, Sereno Watson, and Asa Gray. Boston, Little, Brown, 1880. url p. 502.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass.Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 258, p. 502.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url .
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 17 1912 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 154, p. 998.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 119.
- Bulletin - Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, : Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station, 1907-1974. url p. 15.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 309, p. 559.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 152, p. 152, p. 153, p. 153.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 186.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1911 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 159, p. 212.
- Bulletin of the Brooklyn Entomological Society. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Society, url p. 18.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 305, p. 354, p. 354.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 8.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 22 1895 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 420.
- Bulletin. [Hanover, N.H.]: New Hampshire Agricultural Experiment Station, 1888-1948. url p. 2, p. 2, p. 3, p. 3.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 169.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , .
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 115.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 331.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 538, p. 566, p. 90.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 150, p. 348.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 10.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 11 1906 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 104, p. 116, p. 146, p. 15, p. 169, p. 170, p. 193, p. 198, p. 199, p. 203, p. 208, p. 209, p. 210, p. 213, p. 293, p. 294, p. 345, p. 410, p. 411, p. 425, p. 438, p. 510, p. 54, p. 612, p. 620, p. 621, p. 707, p. 709, p. 711, p. 712, p. 713, p. 714, p. 715, p. 717, p. 718, p. 719, p. 722, p. 723, p. 725, p. 727, p. 728, p. 73, p. 730, p. 733, p. 735, p. 736, p. 737, p. 739, p. 740, p. 741, p. 743, p. 746, p. 747, p. 748, p. 749, p. 753, p. 757, p. 758, p. 76, p. 762, p. 9.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 935.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 34.
- Elements of practical agriculture; comprehending the cultivation of plants, the husbandry of the domestic animals, and the economy of the farm. London: Longman, [etc., etc.], 1838. url p. 265, p. 707.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 11, p. 11, p. 20, p. 34, p. 37.
- Everyday objects; or, Picturesque aspects of natural history. .. London, W.P. Nimmo, 1876. url p. 95.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1076, p. 1145, p. 32, p. 361, p. 502, p. 807, p. 946, p. 948.
- FLORA OF RUSSIA A.A.Balkema Publishers url p. 495, p. 496.
- Family #15, Gramineae / Richard W. Pohl. 4 1980 [Chicago]: Field Museum of Natural History, 1980. url p. 599.
- Farlowia: a journal of cryptogamic botany. Cambridge, Mass., 1943-1955. url , p. 309, p. 323.
- Farmer's book of grasses and other forage plants, for the southern United States. by D. L. Phares. Starkville, Miss., J. C. Hill, 1881. url .
- Feeds and feeding; Madison, Wis., The Henry-Morrison company, 1915. url p. 213.
- Fifty years of botany; golden jubilee volume of the Botanical Society of America, edited by William Campbell Steere. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1958. url p. 176.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 325, p. 326, p. 327.
- Flora cestrica: an herborizing companion for the young botanists of Chester County...Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, Lindsay & Blakiston, 1853. url p. 380.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 15, p. 40.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 75.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 35.
- Flora of Guatemala: part II: grasses of Guatemala / Jason R. Swallen; Bamboos / F.A. McClure. 24 1955 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1955. url p. 105, p. 106, p. 108, fig. 30, page 109, p. vii.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 484.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 345.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 148, p. 149.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state, with keys for their determination. Lincoln, Neb., Printed by State Printing Co., 1912 url p. 41.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 80.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 54.
- Flora of Peru... by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1936 Chicago, 1936- url p. 201.
- Flora of Yucatan, by Paul C. Standley. 3 1930 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 202.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 73.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 53.
- Flora of the Lancetilla Valley, Honduras, by Paul C. Standley. 10 1931 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1931. url p. 36, p. 90.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. 2 1934 [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 36.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 104.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 104.
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 42.
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url , p. 258, p. 603.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 258, p. 603.
- Grasses of the West Indies. By A. S. Hitchcock and Agnes Chase. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 293.
- Grasses of the West Indies. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 293.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 719.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 519.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London, L. Reeve & Co., ltd., 1918. url p. 510.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 2 1855 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. 322, p. 349, p. xlviii.
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses, &c. &c., used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Duke of B London, W. Ridgway, 1869. url p. 444.
- Hortus gramineus woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John, du By George Sinclair. London: J. Ridgway, 1826. url p. 431, p. 55.
- Hortus suburbanus Calcuttensis; A catalogue of the plants which have been cultivated in the Hon. East India Company's botanical garden, Calcutta, and in the Serampore botanical garden. By the late J. O. Voigt, printed under the superintendence of W. Griffith. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press, 1845. url p. 701.
- How to know the grasses; pictured-keys for determining the common and important American grasses, with suggestions and aids for their study. Dubuque, Iowa, W. C. Brown Co. url p. 158.
- Icones plantarum formosanarum nec non et contributiones ad floram formosanam: or, Icones of the plants of Formosa, and materials for a flora of the island, based on a study of the collections of the Botanical survey of the Government of Formosa / By B. Hayata. .. Taihoku: Bureau of Productive Industry, Government of Formosa, 1911-1921. url p. 65.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 161, p. 179.
- International catalogue of scientific literature [Sect.] M. Botany: 1st -14th annual issues, 1901-1914. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1901-1919. url .
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 800.
- Journal of Indian botany. Madras: Methodist Pub. House, 1919-1923. url p. 222, p. 8.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 1914 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 112, p. 198, p. 386.
- Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 1817-1918. url p. 301.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 81.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 39 1938 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 197, p. 299.
- Leaflets of Philippine botany. 10 1938-1939 Manila: Oriental Printing Co., 1906-1939. url p. 3511, p. 3512.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 164, p. 262.
- Legume intercrops and weed control in sun-grown coffee plantings in the Bolivian Yungas / by Lawrence John Janicki. 1982. url p. 100, p. 23.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. New York, 1893-1894. url .
- List of grasses and sedges found on the Nagpur and Telinkherifarms: including a few common species from other parts of the provinces / Nagpur: Govt. Press, 1913. url p. 19.
- Manual of British grasses / 1907 London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent,  url list of british grasses, page 11, chapter II.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 553, p. 555, p. 556, p. 557, p. 558, p. 837.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 468, p. 469.
- Memoirs of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum of Polynesian Ethnology and Natural History. Honolulu: [Bishop Museum Press], 1899-1949. url p. 175.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 12 1981 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url fig. 67, page 105.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 134, p. 171, p. 22, p. 83.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 9.
- Natal plants: Descriptions and figures of Natal indigenous plants, with notes on their distribution, economic value, native names, &c., / by J. Medley Wood and Maurice S. Evans. Published under the auspices of Nat Durban: Bennett & Davis, Printers, 1898-1912. url .
- Natal plants: descriptions and figures of Natal indigenous plants, with notes on their distribution economic value, native names, etc., etc. / By J. Medley Wood and Maurice S. Evans. Durban: Bennett & Davis, 1899 (i.e. 1898)-1912. url p. 120.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 6.
- Natural area inventory of Pender County, North Carolina / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 157.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 423, p. 423.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 420, p. 420.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 23.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 11.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 7 1912-1913 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 28, p. 29, p. 312.
- Notes on genera of Paniceae: I-IV / s.l.: s.n., 1906-1911. url p. 189.
- Observations on the biology of rodents in Uruguay / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum], 1969. url p. 39, p. 44, p. 48, p. 52.
- Observations on the flowering plants, ferns and fern allies growing wild in Marquette County, Michigan, in 1916 and 1917, especially in the vicinity of the Huron Mountain Club. Ann Arbor, Michigan, Published by the University, 1918. url .
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1949 San Diego, The Society. url p. 10, p. 10.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 43.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 105, p. 112, p. 136, p. 22, p. 318, p. 340, p. 342, p. 356, p. 366, p. 437, p. 79, p. 82.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 345.
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 345.
- Plantae Lindheimerianae: an enumeration of F. Lindheimer's collection of Texan plants, with remarks and descriptions of new species, etc. / by George Engelmann and Asa Gray. Boston: Printed by Freeman and Bolles, 1845- url p. 239.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 33, p. 381, p. 386, p. 448.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 81.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 361, p. 98, p. 98.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 189.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 33, p. 381, p. 386, p. 448.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 114, p. 28.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 185, p. 199, p. 206, p. 206, p. 281.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 220, p. 495.
- Proceedings of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 1999 [San Diego, Calif.]: San Diego Society of Natural History, 1990- url p. 40.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 438, p. 462, p. 607.
- Rambles in search of wild flowers, and how to distinguish them. London, Journal of horticulture and cottage gardener, 1864. url p. 316.
- Reevaluation of vegetational characteristics at the CERC Field Research Facility, Duck, North Carolina / by Richard L. Harris, Gerald F. Levy, and James E. Perry; prepared for U.S. Army, Corps of Engineers, Coastal Engineering Research Center. Fort Belvoir, Va.: National Technical Information Service, Operations Division [distributor, 1983] url p. 19.
- Reliquiae Baldwinianae: selections from the correspondence of the late William Baldwin with occasional notes, and a short biographical memoir compiled by William Darlington. Philadelphia: Kimber and Sharpless, 1843. url p. 139, p. 176.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 142, p. 197.
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 23.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 204.
- Revision of the flora of the Bombay presidency. [S.l.: s.n.], 1927-1930. url , p. 11, p. 12, p. 485.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url explanation of plate 46.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 95.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 154.
- Seemann, B. Flora vitiensis: a description of the plants of the Viti or Fiji islands, with an account of their history, uses, and properties /By Berthold Seemann;. .. plates by Walter Fitch. 1865 - 18 London: L. Reeve, 1865-73. url p. 325.
- Sheep husbandry in the South: comprising a treatise on the acclimation of sheep in the southern states, and an account of the different breeds. Also, a complete manual of breeding, summer and winter management, and of the treatmen In a series of letters from Henry S. Randall. .. to R.F.W. Allston. .. Philadelphia, J.S. Skinner & son, 1849. url .
- Sheep husbandry; with an account of different breeds, and general directions in regard to summer and winter management, breeding and the treatment of diseases. By Henry S. Randall. With his letter to the Texas almanac on sheep husbandry in Texas, and Geo. W. Kendall's On sheep raising in Texas. New York, O. Judd, 1880. url p. 325.
- Sicklepod (Cassia obtusifolia L.) competition with soybeans as influenced by row spacing, density, planting date, and herbicides / by Jerry Holland Jordan, Jr. 1983. url .
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 78 1927 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 7.
- Some grasses of the Northeast: a key to their identification by vegetative characters. Newark, Delaware: University of Delaware, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1962. url p. 46, p. 58.
- Some observations concerning the botanical conditions on the Galapagos Islands. Madison, Wis., 1916 url p. 306.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 222, p. 225, p. 226, p. 229, p. 358.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 382, p. 45.
- Spicilegium florae Maroccanae / by John Ball. London: Printed by Taylor and Francis, 1878. url p. 710, p. 750.
- Stable management and the prevention of disease among horses in India, London, Baillie?re, Tindall, and Cox, 1882. url .
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 3, p. 3, p. 3, p. 34, p. 5, p. 5, p. 5, p. 5, p. 5, p. 5, p. 5.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 14, p. 186.
- Studies of the vegetation of Missouri. .. / By Julian A. Steyermark. 9 1940 [Chicago, 1940- url p. 360, p. 419.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia and dictionary of rural affairs: embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry / adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 362, p. 474, p. 822.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 474, p. 822.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 407, p. 474, p. 822.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 191, p. 191, p. 40.
- The Bahama flora, New York, The Authors, 1920. url .
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 16, p. 16, p. 16.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 44 1930 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url house , p. 117, p. 174, p. 175, p. 221, p. 266, p. 495, p. 603, p. 81, p. 86.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 349, p. 96, p. 97.
- The English flora. London: Longman, 1824 url p. 349, p. 96.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 124.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 323.
- The Farmers' cabinet, and American herd-book. Philadelphia: Kimber & Sharpless, 1840-1848. url p. 192.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 569.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 866.
- The Fungi which cause plant disease, by F. L. Stevens. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1913. url , p. 591.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 439, p. 724.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 26, p. 413, p. 649.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 266, p. 289, p. 327.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 426, p. 977.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 348, p. 507, p. 508.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 18 1881 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 106, p. 190, p. 228, p. 263, p. 325, p. 535, p. 74, p. 750.
- The London journal of botany: containing figures and descriptions of such plants as recommend themselves by their novelty, rarity, history, or uses: together with botanical notices and information and and occasional portraits and memoirs of eminent botanists. 7 1848 London: H. Baillie?re, 1842-1848. url p. 143, p. 611.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url , .
- The New Genesee farmer and gardener's journal. Rochester, N.Y.: [Bateham & Crosman, 1840-1844] url p. 106.
- The North American species of Panicum, Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1910. url p. 15.
- The Philippine journal of science. 1 Suppl. 1906 Manila. url p. 346.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 160, p. 263, p. 643, p. 655, p. 664, p. 96.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 1094, p. 366, p. 464, p. 799.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 275, p. 372, p. 373, p. 392, p. 493.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 257.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 25 1938 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 128, p. 144, p. 195, p. 541, p. 640.
- The Year-book of agriculture, or, The annual of agricultural progress and discovery / [edited] by David A. Wells. Philadelphia: Childs & Peterson, 1856. url p. 272.
- The agriculturist's manual: being a familiar description of the agricultural plants cultivated in Europe: including practical observations respecting those suited to the climate of Great Britain and forming a report of Lawson's by Peter Lawson & Son. Edinburgh: William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh: Thomas Cadell, 141 Strand, London; and W. Curry Jun. & Co., Dublin, 1836. url p. 36.
- The anthropology of Iraq. The Upper Euphrates / by Henry Field, Curator of Physical Anthropology. Chicago:Field Museum, 1940 url p. 173, p. 195.
- The book of grasses: an illustrated guide to the common grasses, and the most common of the rushes and sedges / by Mary Evans Francis; illustrated by H.H. Knight, Arthur G. Eldredge and Sarah Francis Dorrance. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1912. url p. 29, p. 33.
- The book of grasses; an illustrated guide to the common grasses, and the most common of the rushes and sedges, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1912. url , , .
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 407, p. 822.
- The farmer's dictionary: a vocabulary of the technical terms recently introduced into agriculture and horticulture from various sciences, and also a compendium of practical farming, the latter chiefly from the works of the Re edited by D. P. Gardner. New York: Harper, 1846. url p. 284.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 362, p. 407, p. 822.
- The flora of Barro Colorado Island, Panama, by Paul C. Standley. City of Washington, The Smithsonian Institution, 1927. url p. 9.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 554.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 7 1897 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 14.
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 477.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 38.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url p. 940.
- The grasses and grasslands of South Africa, Pietermaritzburg, P. David & Sons, Ltd., Printers, 1918. url , .
- The grasses of Britain / by Richard Parnell; drawn and engraved by the author. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood, 1845. url , .
- The grasses of Great Britain, London, R. Hardwicke url , .
- The grasses of Illinois / by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, 1918. url p. 283.
- The grasses of Illinois, by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill., 1918. url p. 283.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 216, p. 255, p. 316.
- The mammals of the Adirondack region, northeastern New York: with an introductory chapter treating of the location and boundaries of the region, its geological history, topography, climate, general features, botany, and faunal position / by Clinton Hart Merriam. New York: Published by the author, 1884 url p. 158.
- The natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920- url p. 408.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 153, p. 207.
- The quadrupeds of North America, New York, V.G. Audubon, 1851-54. url p. 105.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1394, p. 873.
- The survey of western Palestine. The fauna and flora of Palestine, by H. B. Tristram. London, The Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund, 1884. url p. 445.
- The tourist's flora: a descriptive catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of the British Islands, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and the Italian islands / London: Reeve and Benham, 1850. url p. 480.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 102.
- The vegetation of Shackleford Bank / by I.F. Lewis. Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton, 1917. url p. 27.
- The viviparous Quadrupeds of North America. New York, [1845-1853] url p. 90.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 10, p. 11, p. 409, p. 676, p. 691, p. 714, p. 731, p. 790, p. 8, p. 9.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 10, p. 409, p. 647, p. 676, p. 691, p. 731, p. 790, p. 9.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 100, p. 135, p. 155, p. 190, p. 214, p. 225, p. 225, p. 234, p. 44, p. 66.
- Training and horse management in India, with Hindustanee vocabulary / M. Horace Hayes. London; Longmans, Green, 1905. url p. 37.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 100, p. 144, p. 160, p. 283, p. 377, p. 377, p. 525.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 137, p. 138, p. 178.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 195.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 162, p. 167, p. 172, p. 197, p. 28, p. 35, p. 4, p. 48, p. 89.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 4 1894-1896 London. url p. 56.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 306.
- Transactions of the South African Philosophical Society. 14 1904 Cape Town, : The Society. url p. 356.
- Transactions of the Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia, 1887-1927. url p. 18.
- Tropical North American species of Panicum. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1915. url p. 15, p. 15.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 24 1983 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url p. 114.
- Types of American grasses: a study of the American species of grasses described by Linnæus, Gronovius, Sloane, Swartz, and Michaux. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1908. url p. 146.
- University of Illinois weed control research report. Urbana, Ill.: Dept. of Agronomy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1987-1997. url , p. 103, p. 118, p. 213, p. 215, p. 338, p. 363, p. 462, p. 71.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 13 1960 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 120, p. 679, p. 85.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 40.
- Viti: an account of a government mission to the Vitian or Fijian Islands in the years 1860-61. By Berthold Seemann. . Cambridge, Macmillan & Co., 1862 url p. 444.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 22, p. 276, p. 289.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url p. 141, p. 56.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 18, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), EURISCO
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, The Deaver Herbarium, Northern Arizona University
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2660868
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-40604
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:399115-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 14103
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 40604
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA270S0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: DISA
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 35601
- Shou-liang Chen & Sylvia M. Phillips "Digitaria". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 1, 500, 539. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Digitaria sanguinalis". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 540, 542, 543. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 236.040 meters (774.409 feet), Standard Deviation = 314.090 based on 1,863 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]