Common Names in English:
Bare-Stemmed Tick-Treefoil, Bare-Stemmed Tick-Trefoil, Barestem Tickclover, Naked-Flowered Tick Trefoil, Nakedflower Ticktrefoil, Tick Trefoil
Herbs, undershrubs or shrubs
. Leaf 1-5-foliolate, leaflets
1 in lateral
and 2 in terminal
leaflet; stipules free
. Inflorescence terminal or axillary
or panicle or subumbellate. Bract striate and pubescent
. Calyx 2-lipped, the upper lobe
bifid, the lower 3 toothed
or the calyx equally 5-lobed. Corolla exceeding the calyx. Stamens monadelphous
, 9+1, anthers
. Ovary sessile or stipitate
, ovules 2 to many. Fruit sessile or stipitate, transversely jointed
, articles variously shaped, glabrous
to densely pubescent, hairs
straight or hooked
A genus with about 300-350 species distributed in tropical and temperate areas of the world except Europe, New Zealand.
Flowers: Bloom Period: June, July, August. • Flower Color: pink, red
Size: 18-24" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,092 meters (0 to 3,583 feet).
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Desmodium nudiflorum< /i> (L.) Dc. • Hedysarum nudiflorum L. • Meibomia nudiflora (L.) Kuntze • Meibomia nudiflora (L.)kuntze • Pleurolobus nudiflorus (L.)macmill.
Members of the genus Desmodium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 83 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
D. adscendens (Matite) · D. affine (Amor Seco) · D. angustifolium (Grass-Leaf Tick Trefoil) · D. arizonicum (Arizona Tick Trefoil) · D. axillare (Zarzabacoa De Monte) · D. axillare var. acutifolium (Zarzabacoa De Monte) · D. axillare var. axillare (Zarzabacoa De Monte) · D. axillare var. stoloniferum (Zarzabacoa De Monte) · D. barbatum (Zarzabacoa Peluda) · D. batocaulon (San Pedro Tick Trefoil) · D. cajanifolium (Tropical Tick Trefoil) · D. canadense (Beggar's Lice) · D. canescens (Hoary Tick-Trefoil) · D. ciliare (Hairy Small-Leaf Tick Trefoil) · D. cinerascens (Spiked Tick Trefoil) · D. cubense (Cuban Tick Trefoil) · D. cuspidatum (Large-Bract Tick Trefoil) · D. cuspidatum var. cuspidatum (Largebract Ticktrefoil) · D. cuspidatum var. longifolium (Largebract Ticktrefoil) · D. discolor (Horse Marmalade) · D. discolor var. discolor (Horse Marmalade) · D. discolor var. villosum (Horse Marmalade) · D. fernaldii (Fernald's Tick-Trefoil) · D. floridanum (Florida Tick Trefoil) · D. glabellum (Dillen Tick-Trefoil) · D. glabrum (Tick Trefoil) · D. glutinosum (Large Tick-Trefoil) · D. grahamii (Graham's Tick Trefoil) · D. gunnii (Southern Tick Trefoil) · D. heterocarpon (Asian Tick Trefoil) · D. heterocarpon birmanicum (Ea Ea) · D. heterocarpon heterocarpon (Asian Ticktrefoil) · D. heterocarpon var. heterocarpon (Carpon Desmodium) · D. heterocarpon var. strigosum (Asian Ticktrefoil) · D. heterophyllum (Senivakacegu) · D. humifusum (Eastern Trailing Tickt Trefoil) · D. illinoense (Iilinois Tickclover) · D. incanum (Cepa De Caballo) · D. incanum var. angustifolium (Kaimi-Clover) · D. incanum var. incanum (Zarzabacoa Comun) · D. intortum (Amor Seco) · D. laevigatum (Smooth Tick Trefoil) · D. lindheimeri (Lindheimer's Tick-Trefoil) · D. lineatum (Sand Tick Trefoil) · D. marilandicum (Maryland Tick-Trefoil) · D. metcalfei (Metcalfe's Tick Trefoil) · D. neomexicanum (New Mexico Tick Trefoil) · D. nudiflorum (Bare-Stemmed Tick-Treefoil) · D. nuttallii (Nuttall Tick-Trefoil) · D. ochroleucum (Cream Tick Trefoil) · D. oojeinense (Sandan) · D. paniculatum (Narrow-Leaf Tick-Trefoil) · D. paniculatum var. dillenii (Panicled Tick-Clover) · D. paniculatum var. epetiolatum (Panicledleaf Ticktrefoil) · D. paniculatum var. paniculatum (Panicled Tick-Clover) · D. pauciflorum (Few-Flower Tick Trefoil) · D. perplexum (Beggar Lice) · D. procumbens (Western Trailing Tick Trefoil) · D. procumbens var. exiguum (Western Trailing Tick Trefoil) · D. procumbens var. procumbens (Western Trailing Ticktrefoil) · D. psilocarpum (Santa Cruz Island Tick Trefoil) · D. psilophyllum (Simple-Leaf Tick Trefoil) · D. ramosissimum (Petit Treff) · D. retinens (Santa Rita Mountain Tick Trefoil) · D. rigidum (Stiff Tick Trefoil) · D. rosei (Rose Tickclover) · D. rotundifolium (Prostrate Tick Trefoil) · D. sandwicense (Chili Clover) · D. scopulorum (Sonoran Tick Trefoil) · D. scorpiurus (Scorpion Tick Trefoil) · D. sericophyllum (Tick Trefoil) · D. sessilifolium (Sessile Tickclover) · D. striatum (Common Lespedeza) · D. strictum (Pine-Barren Tick Trefoil) · D. styracifolium (Coin-Leaf Desmodium) · D. tenuifolium (Slim-Leaf Tick Trefoil) · D. tortuosum (Amor Seco) · D. triflorum (Acaba Pangola) · D. trifolium (Tick Clover) · D. tweedyi (Tweedy's Tick-Trefoil) · D. uncinatum (Amor-De-Velha-Da-Folha-Grauda) · D. viridiflorum (Velvet-Leaf Tick Trefoil) · D. wydlerianum (Wydler's Ticktrefoil)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 25.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 100.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url .
- A catalogue of the plants found in New Bedford and its vicinity: arranged according to the season of their flowering / by E.W. Hervey. New Bedford, Mass.: Press of E. Anthony, 1860. url p. 24.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 231.
- A flora of the state of New-York: comprising full descriptions of all the indigenous and naturalized plants hitherto discovered in the state: with remarks on their economical and medicinal properties / by John Torrey. Albany: Carroll and Cook, printers to the Assembly, 1843. url p. 176.
- A history of the game birds, wild-fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states: including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre Boston: Wright & Potter printing company, state printers, 1912. url p. 585, p. 585.
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts. [Cohasset]Committee on Town History, 1898-1956. url p. 543.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 26.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 395, p. 395.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 19 1908 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 222.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1916-1921. url p. 267.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 630, p. 85.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the Board of Agriculture. Boston, Mass.: The Board, 1854-1915. url p. 5.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 26.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 22.
- Atlas of the rare vascular plants of Ontario / Ottawa: Botany Division, National Museum of Natural Sciences = Division de la botanique, Musée national des sciences naturelles, 1982-1987. url .
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 42 - 46 1973 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 73, p. 76.
- Bibliographical index to North American botany; or, Citations of authorities for all the recorded indigenous and naturalized species of the flora of North America, with a chronological arrangement of the synonymy. by Sereno Watson. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1878. url , , p. 217, p. 223.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 1036, p. 42.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 630.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 156, p. 49.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. 1895-1897 Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 17.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 196.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass.: Essex Institute. url p. 108.
- Bulletin of the Philosophical Society of Washington. 25 1883 Washington, D.C.: Published by the co-operation of the Smithsonian Institution, [1874- url p. 106, p. 87.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 36 1909 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 666.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 108.
- Bulletin: report of Agricultural Experiment Station, Agricultural and Mechanical College, Auburn, Ala. Auburn, Ala.: The Station, [1888-1903] url p. 284, p. 295.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 118, p. 118.
- Catalogue of the flora of Vermont, including phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants growing without cultivation. Burlington, [Vt.]Free Press Association, 1888. url p. 19.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 252.
- Catalogue of the phanerogams and ferns of Licking County, Ohio. Granville, Ohio, Press of Granville Times, 1892. url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 186.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 8.
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 13, p. 17, p. 29, p. 32.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 9.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url fig. 110, p. 217.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 541.
- Fieldbook of Illinois wild flowers; six hundred fifty of the more common flowering plants in the state. Urbana, 1936. url p. 170, p. 170.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks, 1887. url p. 46.
- Flora of Ann Arbor and vicinity. Ann Arbor, [Mich.]: Courier Steam Print. House, 1876. url p. 92.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , , .
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for the identification of the flowering plants and ferns, by George Neville Jones. .. Notre Dame, Ind., The University Press, 1945. url p. 165.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 604, p. 606.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url .
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 106.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 213.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 20.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 238.
- Flora of the Miami Valley, Ohio /c by A.P. Morgan. Dayton, Ohio: Literary Union, 1878. url p. 16.
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arr. according to the natural system. New YorkAmerican Book Co. url p. 111.
- Florula Bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 293.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 293.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 14.
- Green manures and manuring in the tropics, including an account of the economic value of leguminosæ as sources of foodstuffs, vegetable oils, drugs, &c. By P. de Sornay. .. tr. by F.W. Flattely. .. from the well-known work, "Les plantes tropicales alimentaires et industrielles de la famille des légumineuses." London, J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, Ltd., 1916. url .
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url p. 246, p. 334.
- Iowa parks. Conservation of Iowa historic, scenic and scientific areas. Also, a description of numerous areas suitable for public state parks, with reasons for their preservation. Report of the State board of con Pub. by the state of Iowa. Des Moines url p. 167.
- Iowa parks. Des Moines url p. 167.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 101.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 126, p. 61, p. 86.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. New York, 1893-1894. url .
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , p. 125.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url p. 65.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 25.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 176, p. 176.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 357.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 138, p. 24, p. 78.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 173.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits, by George Lincoln Walton... Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1909. url p. 12, p. 126.
- Preliminary catalogue of the flora of West Virginia. [Chicago?]1892 url p. 349.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 511, p. 511.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 31.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 143, p. 145, p. 145, p. 173.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 105.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 58.
- Psyche. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Entomological Club url p. 277.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 213.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 22, p. 45.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1900-1904. url p. 146, p. 150.
- Report of the State Entomologist to the Regents of the University of the State of New York. .. [Albany: University of the State of New York], 1884- url p. 45.
- Report on the botany of Barren and Edmonson counties. Frankfort, 1876 url .
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 42, p. 42.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 126, p. 51, p. 77.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 165.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 105.
- Sharp eyes; a rambler's calendar of fifty-two weeks among insects, birds, and flowers; by Wm. Hamilton Gibson. .. Illustrated by the author. New York [etc.]Harper & Brothers[c1919] url p. 153.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 15 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 217, p. 223.
- Studies of the vegetation of Missouri. .. / By Julian A. Steyermark. 9 1940 [Chicago, 1940- url p. 407.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 14, p. 14, p. 33, p. 35, p. 73, p. 77.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 88.
- The American entomologist. St. Louis: R.P. Studley & Co., 1868-1870. url p. 384.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 293, p. 357, p. 639.
- The Canadian journal; a repertory of industry, science, and art; and a record of the proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Published by H. Scobie for the Council of the Canadian Institute. url p. 223.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 104, p. 41.
- The Leguminosae of Illinois. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1953. url , p. 57, p. 59.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley. A list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River, Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892. url .
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 321.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 173.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 162, p. 43.
- The butterflies of the eastern United States and Canada: with special reference to New England / By Samuel Hubbard Scudder. Cambridge: The author, 1889. url p. 1405.
- The constitution and by-laws of the Ann Arbor Scientific Association with the proceedings for the year ending May 1, 1876.. ... Ann Arbor, Courier Steam Printing House, 1876. url p. 92.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Franklin County [Indiana]. Richmond, 1885-1886 url p. 20.
- The flora of North Carolina from Ranunculaceae to Salviniaceae / C.W. Hyams. Raleigh, N.C.: The North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1899. url p. 304.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 106.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 398, p. 398.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 398.
- The grasses of Tennessee including cereals and forage plants / by J.B. Killebrew. .. Nashville: The American, 1878. url p. 424, p. 425.
- The grasses of Tennessee; including cereals and forage plants. Nashville, The American co., 1878. url .
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 319.
- The mysteries of the flowers, New York: Frederick A. Stokes company, [c1917] url p. 108.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 500.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 991.
- The wayside flowers of summer: a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our norther roadsides during the months of July and August / by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York: C. Scribner1917. url p. 286, p. 96.
- The wayside flowers of summer; a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our northern roadsides during the months of July and August, by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1917. url p. 286, p. 96.
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url .
- Timber and botany. comprising seven reports on the forests and botany of different parts of the state / Geological Survey of Kentucky. [S.l.]: The Survey, 1884. url p. 48.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 128, p. 158.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 171, p. 172.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 144.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 103.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 146, p. 167, p. 175, p. 197, p. 27, p. 30, p. 34, p. 48, p. 67, p. 82.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 108.
- Wild flowers every child should know: arranged according to color with reliable descriptions of the more common species of the United States and Canada / by Frederic William Stack. New York: Doubleday, Page and Company, 1909. url p. 397.
- Wild flowers of the north-eastern states: being three hundred and eight individuals common to the north-eastern United States, New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1904. url .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal January 29, 2008:
- Canadian Museum of Nature, Canadian Museum of Nature Herbarium
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2650605
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-11343
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13638683
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:1024739-2
- GRIN Nomen Number: 436079
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 25812
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB1D0X0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: DENU4
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 35043
- "Desmodium". in Flora of Pakistan Page 346. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 233.480 meters (766.010 feet), Standard Deviation = 180.290 based on 934 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]