Herbs, sometimes subshrubs
, usually aromatic
. Stems and branches usually 4-angled. Leaves opposite, rarely whorled
or alternate, simple
to pinnately dissected
, without stipules. Inflorescences generally compound, sometimes flowers solitary and axillary
2- to many flowered, subtended by leaves or bracts. Flowers bisexual
, zygomorphic, rarely subactinomorphic, bracteolate
or not. Calyx persistent
, 5-toothed, 2-lipped; upper lip 3-toothed or entire (deciduous in Scutellaria) ; lower lip 2- or 4-toothed; tube
inside. Corolla limb usually 2-lipped; upper lip 2-lobed and lower 3-lobed, rarely upper lip entire and lower 4-lobed, also rarely limb (4- or) 5-lobed; tube hairy annulate inside. Stamens epipetalous
, 4 or 2, free
, rarely filaments
, sometimes one staminodial; anther
1- or 2-celled, usually dehiscing longitudinally; disc persistent. Ovary superior, 2-celled and each cell
2-ovuled and style subterminal
, or ovary 4-parted and each lobe
1-ovuled and style gynobasic (from bases
of ovary lobes) with 2-cleft apex. Fruit usually 4 dry nutlets
. Seeds with or without endosperm.
Approximately 3500 species in 220 genera, distributed worldwide, but mostly in the Mediterranean region and SW Asia. China has 807 species in 96 genera.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 Ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 Ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Publishing author : Lour. Publication : Fl. Cochinch. 869 (1790)
Members of the genus Dentidia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 573.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 453.
- Wu Cheng-yih & Li Hsi-wen, eds. 1977. Labiatae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 65(2): 1-649, 66: 1-647.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Jan 19, 2007.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 1672163
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:446355-1
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 446355-1
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 1312783