, small trees
, or climbers
. Stems sometimes prickly, rarely thorny; hairs
, branched, or stellate
, sometimes glandular
. Leaves alternate, solitary or paired
, simple or pinnately compound
, without stipules; leaf blade
, or divided
. Inflorescences terminal
, overtopped by continuing axes, appearing axillary
, or leaf opposed, often apparently umbellate
, racemose, paniculate
, clustered, or solitary flowers, rarely true cymes, sometimes bracteate
. Flowers mostly bisexual
, usually regular, 5-merous, rarely 4- or 6-9-merous. Calyx mostly lobed. Petals united
. Stamens as many as corolla lobes
and alternate with them, inserted
within corolla, all alike or 1 or more reduced; anthers
dehiscing longitudinally or by apical pores
. Ovary 2-5-locular; placentation mostly axile
; ovules usually numerous
. Style 1. Fruiting calyx often becoming enlarged, mostly persistent
. Fruit a berry or capsule. Seeds with copious
endosperm; embryo mostly curved
About 95 genera with 2300 species: best represented in western tropical America, widespread in temperate and tropical regions ; 20 genera (ten introduced ) and 101 species in China.
Some species of Solanaceae are known in China only by plants cultivated in ornamental or specialty gardens: Atropa belladonna Linnaeus, Cyphomandra betacea (Cavanilles) Sendtner, Brugmansia suaveolens (Willdenow) Berchtold & Presl, Nicotiana alata Link & Otto, and Solanum jasminoides Paxton.
. Leaves petiolate
; leaf blade
simple, entire or sinuate-dentate. Inflorescences solitary flowers in leaf axils
or in branch
forks; peduncle, bracts, and bracteoles absent. Flowers actinomorphic
, large. Pedicel often stout. Calyx long tubular
, often circumscissile near base
. Corolla elongated, funnelform
mostly elongated, dehiscing longitudinally, included
. Ovary 2-4-locular. Fruit a dry capsule, 4-valved or irregularly dehiscent
, prickly or unarmed
, often subtended by remnants of persistent
calyx. Seeds numerous
, laterally compressed
; embryo curved
About 11 species: North and South America, three species in China.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Solananae () - R. Dahlgren Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Datura Fastuosa Alba
Publishing author : Nees Publication : Trans. Linn. Soc. xvii. (1834) 73
Members of the genus Datura
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 47 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
D. arborea (Maikoa) · D. bernhardtii (Devils Trumpet) · D. candida (Angel's-Trumpet) · D. ceratocaula (Devils Trumpet) · D. discolor (Desert Thorn Apple) · D. fastuosa 'Double Golden' (Devils Trumpet) · D. inermis (Smoooth Thorn-Apple) · D. innoxia (Angel's Trumpet) · D. inoxia (Devils Trumpet) · D. inoxia inoxia (Downy Thornapple) · D. inoxia 'Evening Fragrance' (Datura) · D. inoxia 'Missouri Marble' (Variegated Evening Trumpet) · D. kymatocarpa (Datura) · D. leichhardtii (Devils Trumpet) · D. metaloides (Jimsonweed) · D. metel var. fastuosa (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel var. muricata (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Alba' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Aurea' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Ballerina Purple' (Ballerina Purple Angel's Trumpet) · D. metel 'Ballerina Yellow' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Belle Blanche' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Black Currant Swirl' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Cornucopaea' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Double Cream' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Double Golden Queen' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Double Lavender' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Double Purple' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Double White Lady' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Frilled Double Purple' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Purple Petticoats' (Devils Trumpet) · D. metel 'Triple Yellow' (Devils Trumpet) · D. pruinosa (Datura) · D. quercifolia (Chinese Datura) · D. reburra (Datura) · D. seraticaula (Devils Trumpet) · D. stramonium (Jamestown Weed) · D. stramonium subsp. stramonium (Purple Thorn-Apple) · D. stramonium var. stramonium (Common Thorn-Apple) · D. suaveolens (Angel's Trumpet Tree) · D. tatula var. inermis (Devils Trumpet) · D. versicolor (Peach Angel's-Trumpet) · D. wrightii (Devils Trumpet) · D. wrightii 'High Altitude Form' (Devils Trumpet) · D. x candida (Angel's Trumpet) · D. 'Eryngium Blue' (Devils Trumpet) · D. 'Lilac Le Fleur' (Common Thorn-Apple)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A catalogue of the plants growing in Bombay and its vicinty; spontaneous, cultivated or introduced, as far as they have been ascertained. / By John Graham. Bombay:Government Press, 1839. url p. 277.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 136, p. 187.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 107, p. 111, p. 142, p. 49.
- A general system of gardening and botany. Founded upon Miller's Gardener's dictionary, and arranged according to the natural system. By George Don. London, Printed for C. J. G. and F. Rivington, 1831-38. url p. 474.
- A list of plants of Formosa, by Takiya Kawakami. Taiwan shokubutsu mokuroku. Taihoku, Bureau of Productive Industry, Govt. of Formosa, 1910. url p. 77.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 600.
- A manual of gardening for Bengal and Upper India. By Thomas A. C. Firminger. .. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and co.; [etc., etc.]1874. url p. 304.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 729.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 115.
- A manual of the Nílagiri district in the Madras Presidency. Compiled and edited by H. B. Grigg. Madras, Printed by E. Keys at the Government Press, 1880. url p. 148.
- A monograph of Christmas Island (Indian Ocean) / physical features and geology by Charles W. Andrews; with descriptions of the fauna and flora by numerous contributors. London: Printed by order of the Trustees, 1900. url p. 184.
- A naturalist's wanderings in the Eastern archipelago; a narrative of travel and exploration from 1878 to 1883, New York, Harper, 1885. url .
- A text-book of materia medica and pharmacy for medical students / by V.E. Henderson. Toronto: University Press,  url p. 67.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url p. 49.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url .
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 430.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 14 1897 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 108, p. 230, p. 80.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 542, p. 545, p. 550.
- Annual report of the Bureau of American Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: U. S. Govt. Print. Off., 1897- url p. 101.
- Annual report of the Director of the Bureau of Science. .. Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1906- url p. 41, p. 50.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 25 1976-1977 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 171.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url .
- Bulletin of entomological research. Farnham Royal: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux. url p. 11, p. 2, p. 27.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1909 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 231.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 163, p. 164.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 50 1923 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 192.
- Burma, its people and productions; or, Notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of Tenasserim, Pegu, and Burma. Hertford: S. Austin, 1882-1883. url p. 714.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 169, p. 235, p. 262.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 814, p. 856.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 814, p. 856.
- Catalogue of the African plants London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url .
- Catalogue of the African plants collected by Dr. Friedrich Welwitsch in 1853-61. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url p. 753, p. 753.
- Catalogue of the Hanbury Herbarium, in the Museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain / compiled by E.M. Holmes. London: Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, 1892. url p. 8, p. 86.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 465, p. 566.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 145, p. 146, p. 147.
- Comparative electro-physiology, London, Longmans, Green, and co., 1907 url p. 104, p. 193, p. 198, p. 42, p. 43, p. 99, p.
- Comparative electro-physiology, a physico-physiological study. London, Longmans, 1907. url , , , p. 104, p. 193, p. 198, p. 42, p. 43, p. 99.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 1 1890-1895 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 133, p. 404.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 919.
- Don, G. A general history of the dichlamydeous plants: comprising complete descriptions of the different orders...the whole arranged according to the natural system /by George Don. 4 1838 London: J.G. and F. Rivington, 1831-1838. url p. 474.
- Flora Hongkongensis; a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. LondonL. Reeve1861 url p. 245.
- Flora Indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants / by the late William Roxburgh. Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 561.
- Flora hongkongensis: a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. By George Bentham. Published under the authority of Her Majesty's secretary of state for the colonies. London, L. Reeve, 1861. url p. 245.
- Flora of Koh Chang: contributions to the knowledge of the vegetation in the Gulf of Siam / Copenhagen: B. Luno, 1900-1916. url .
- Flora of Kwangtung and Hongkong (China) being an account of the floweriing plants, ferns and fern allies together with keys for their determination preceded by a map and introduction, London, H. M. Stationery off., printed by Darling and son, ltd., 1912. url .
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 717.
- Flora of the upper Gangetic plain, and of the adjacent Siwalik and sub-Himalayan tracts, by J. F. Duthie. Calcutta, Superintendent of Government Printing, 1903. url p. 132.
- Flora of tropical Africa. London, L. Reeve and co., 1868- url p. 257.
- Gardening in Egypt: a handbook of gardening for Lower Egypt, by Walter Draper. .. London, L.U. Gill, 1895. url p. 43.
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 51.
- Hand-book of Indian flora; being a guide to all the flowering plants hitherto described as indigenous to the continent of India. [Madras?]Trabancore Sircar Press, 1864-69. url , , , .
- Hooker, W. J. & G. A. W. Arnott. The botany of Captain Beechey's voyage;comprising an acount of the plants collected by Messrs. Lay and Collie, and other officers of the expedition, during the voyage to the Pacific and Behring's Strait, performed in His Majesty's ship Blossom, under the command of Captain F. W. Beechey. .. in the years 1825, 26, 27, and 28.By Sir William Jackson Hooker. .. and G. A. Walker Arnott. .. 1841 London, H. G. Bohn, 1841. url p. 202, p. 457.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 115, p. 259, p. 115, p. 349, p. 517, p. 684, p. 793, p. 836, p. 883.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 154.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 173, p. 178, p. 179, p. 180.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 140.
- Leaflets of Philippine botany. 7 1914-1915 Manila: Oriental Printing Co., 1906-1939. url p. 2513, p. 2532, p. 3868.
- Medicinal plants. Being descriptions with original figures of the principal plants employed in medicine and an account of the characters, properties, and uses of their parts and products of medicinal value. By Robert Bentley and Henry Trimen. Plates by David Blair. In four volumes. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1880. url , .
- Miller, P. The gardeners dictionary: containing the best and newest methods of cultivating and improving the kitchen, fruit, flower garden, and nursery, as also for performing the practical parts of agriculture, including the management of vineyards, with the methods of making and preserving wine, according to the present practice of the most skilful vignerons in the several wine countries in Europe, together with directions for propagating and improving, from real practice and experience, all sorts of timber trees /by Philip Miller. 1768 London: Printed for the author and sold by John and Francis Rivington. .. [and 23 others], 1768. url p. DAT-DAT.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url .
- Observations on the Coccidae of Egypt, by W.J. Hall. .. Cairo, Government Press, 1922. url p. 27.
- Oliver, D. Flora of tropical Africa /by Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. 4 1905-1906 London: L. Reeve and co., 1868-1999. url p. 257.
- Pharmacographia: a history of the principal drugs of vegetable origin met with in Great Britain and British India / by Friedrich A. Flückiger and Daniel Hanbury. London: Macmillan, 1879. url p. 462, p. 779.
- Plant response as a means of physiological investigation, by Jagadis Chunder Bose. London, Longmans, Green, 1906. url , , , , , , p. 134, p. 134, p. 169, p. 169, p. 170, p. 170, p. 183, p. 183, p. 435, p. 436, p. 436, p. 756, p. 756, p. 768, p. 78, p. 78, p. 99, p. 99.
- Poisonous plants of all countries, by A. Bernhard-Smith. London, Baillière, Tindall & Cox, 1923. url p. 102, p. 2.
- Poisonous plants of all countries. With the active, chemical principles which they contain; and the toxic symptoms produced by each group. Bristol [Eng.]J. Wright, 1905. url .
- Preliminary report on the forest and other vegetation of Pegu. CalcuttaC.B. Lewis, Baptist Mission Press1875 url p. 52, p. 59, p. xiv.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 434, p. 563.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 779.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 6 1883 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 454, p. 462, p. 659, p. 666.
- Report on the progress and condition of the U.S. National Museum for the year ending June 30. .. / Smithsonian Institution, United States National Museum. Washington: G.P.O., 1907-1951. url p. 78.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 171.
- Roxburgh, W. Flora indica;or, Descriptions of Indian plants, by the late William Roxburgh. Edited by Dr. William Carey; to which are added descriptions of plants more recently discovered by Dr. Nathaniel Wallich. Serampore, Printed at the Mission Press, 1820-24. url p. 239.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 233, p. 60.
- Seemann, B. The botany of the voyage of H.M.S. Herald: under the command of Captain Henry Kellett, R.N., C.B., during the years 1845-51 /by Berthold Seemann. 1852-1857 London: Lovell Reeve, 1852-1857. url p. 448.
- Sketch of the forestry of West Africa with particular reference to its present principal commercial products. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1887. url .
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 106 1947 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 39, p. 42.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 233, p. 233, p. 234, p. 234.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 233.
- The Ficus elastica in Burma proper: or a narrative of my journey in search of it: a descriptive account of its habits of growth and the process followed by the Kakhyens in the preparation of caoutchouc / by G. W. Strettell. Rangoon: Printed at the Government Press, 1876. url p. 154.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 351.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 373.
- The Gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orome, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url .
- The Gardener's monthly and horticultural advertiser. Philadelphia [Pa.: s.n.1859-1875] url p. 188, p. 74.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 222.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 206, p. 221, p. 46, p. 47, p. 47, p. 55, p. 801.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 179, p. 179, p. 181.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 342.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 194, p. 492, p. 518.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 275, p. 660.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 26 1889-90 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 175, p. 292, p. 454, p. 521, p. 71.
- The Philippine journal of science. Manila: Bureau of Science url , , plate 1, p. 1019, p. 138, p. 196, p. 203, p. 240, p. 257, p. 258, p. 259, p. 293, p. 297, p. 298, p. 380, p. 383, p. 401, p. 408, p. 419, p. 421, p. 429, p. 434, p. 449, p. 550, p. 599, p. 601, p. 602, p. 603, p. 604, p. 605, p. 606, p. 607, p. 608, p. 609, p. 655, p. 676, p. 680, p. v.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 222, p. 223, p. 886.
- The commercial products of India: being an abridgment of The dictionary of the economic products of India / by Sir George Watt; published under the authority of His Majesty's secretary of state for India in council. London: J. Murray, 1908. url p. 488.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 243.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url p. 273.
- The flowers of Japan and the art of floral arrangement. By Josiah Conder, with illustrations by Japanese artists. Tokio, Hakubunsha; [etc., etc.]1891. url .
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 86.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 230, p. 307.
- The medicinal plants of the PHilippines, by T. H. Pardo de Tavera. .. tr. and rev. by Jerome B. Thomas, jr. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.1901. url , , , , , , .
- The medicinal plants of the Philippines / by T. H. Pardo de Tavera; translated and revised by Jerome B. Thomas. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1901. url p. 178, p. 179, p. 248, p. 251, p. 254, p. 255, p. 261.
- The natural productions of Burmah: or, notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of the Tenasserim provinces and the Burman empire / by Francis Mason. Maulmain: American Mission Press, 1850. url p. 161.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 107, p. 204.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 367.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url , p. 240, p. 54.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 3 1888-1894 London. url p. 433.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 137.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of Arts and Sciences of Mauritius. [S.l.: s.n.], 1848-1949. url p. 140.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 111, p. 49, p. 64.
- i, p.
- Kuang Ko-zen & Lu An-ming, eds. 1978. Solanaceae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 67(1): 1-175.
- Kuang Ko-zen & Lu An-ming, eds. 1978. Solanaceae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 67(1): 1-175.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3440094
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 15861461
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:815528-1
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 815528-1
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 1411567
- Zhi-Yun Zhang, Anmin Lu & William G. D'Arcy "Solanaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 17 Page 300. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Datura". in Flora of China Vol. 17 Page 330. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]