- This is an important pasture and forage grass that has been widely introduced into temperate and subtropical regions throughout the world (Cocksfoot, Orchard Grass). [source]
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Cocksfoot, Barnyard Grass, Cocksfoot Grass, Cockspur, Orchard Grass, Orchard-Grass, Orchardgrass
Common Names in French:
Dactyle Pelotonné, Gramen Pelotonné
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Italian:
Erba Mazzolina, Mazzolina
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
Eža Sbornaja, ежа сборная
Common Names in Spanish:
Dactilo Aglomerado, Jopillo
Common Names in Swedish:
Species Dactylis glomerata
solitary or tufted
, 40-140 cm tall. Leaf sheaths
; leaf blades
flat, (6-) 10-30 cm × 4-9 mm, abaxial
; ligule 4-8 mm.
5-15 cm; branches single or rarely paired
at base, (3-) 5-15 cm,
horizontal or ascending
, lower part naked, upper part with dense
fascicles of spikelets
. Spikelets oblong to wedge-shaped, 5-9 mm,
closely overlapping, green or purplish; glumes
mm, scabrid or ciliolate
along keel, margins membranous, apex acute
to acuminate; lemmas 4-7 mm, lowest subequal
to spikelet, scabrid
or flanks short-pilose, apex with stout awn
up to 1.5 mm. Anthers
2.5 mm. Fl.
and fr. May-Aug. 2n = 14, 28, 42. [source]
The typical form, subsp. glomerata (2n = 28), has a relatively compact panicle, broad spikelet fascicles, and conspicuously ciliate lemma keels. Other forms, widespread in China and the Himalayas, have a looser panicle with long flexuose branches, narrower spikelet fascicles, and only minutely ciliolate lemma keels. The names subsp. sinensis, subsp. himalayensis, and the European name subsp. slovenica (Domin) Domin have been applied to these forms. A chromosome count of 2n = 14 has been recorded for subsp. himalayensis. The basis of this variation , the correct application of these names, and their relationship to similar variants from outside China are not yet understood. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May, June. • Flower Color: green
Size: 12-18" tall.
Mountain slopes , light forest shade, other grassy places; 1400-3600 m .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,653 meters (0 to 15,266 feet).
Culture: Space 3-6" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Bromus glomeratus (L.) Scop. • D. glom-erata sinensis A. Camus • D. glomerata altaica (Besser) Domin • D. glomerata himalay-ensis Domin. • D. glomerata var. altaica (Besser) Keng • Dactylis altaica Besser • Festuca glomerata (L.) All. • Festuca glomerata (L.) Spreng.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Dactylis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 5 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 326, p. 79.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 153, p. 204.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 150, p. 150, p. 151, p. 151.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 194, p. 365.
- A handbook for farmers and dairymen / by F.W. Woll. New York: J. Wiley & Sons, 1914. url .
- A manual flora of Egypt / by Reno Muschler. With a preface by Paul Ascherson and Georg Schweinfurth. Berlin, R. Friedlaender, 1912. url p. 1077.
- A manual of farm grasses, Washington, D. C., The author, 1921. url , , p. 170, p. 83.
- A manual of farm grasses. Washington, Hitchcock, 1921. url p. 170.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 229, p. 935.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 4 1941 1941. url p. 961.
- A manual of veterinary hygiene. New York: W. R. Jenkins, 1911. url , .
- A monographic rearrangement of Lophodermium, Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1935 url p. 46.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 14, p. 217.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 217.
- A preliminary list of the Uredinales of California, by Walter C. Blasdale. Berkeley: University of California press, 1919. url p. 155.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 905, p. 935.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 152.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 180.
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 693.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 530.
- A text-book of grasses with especial reference to the economic species of the United States, by A. S. Hitchcock. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url , p. 227.
- A text-book of grasses: with especial reference to the economic species of the United States / by A.S. Hitchock. New York: Macmillan, 1914. url p. 117, p. 227, p. xvii.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url , .
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 384, p. 558.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url , .
- An Arctic ecosystem: the coastal tundra at Barrow, Alaska / edited by Jerry Brown. .. [et al.]. Stroudsburg, Pa.: Dowden, Hutchinson & Ross: c1980. url p. 499.
- An illustrated encyclopaedia of gardening, by Walter P. Wright London, J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.; url p. 94.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 195.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 251.
- An introduction to the embryology of angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1950. url p. 351, p. 355.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 145, p. 172, p. 173, p. 177, p. 178.
- Annals of the Entomological Society of America. [College Park, Md., etc.]: Entomological Society of America. url p. 70.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 114.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 202, p. 203.
- Australian grasses and pasture plants: with notes on native fodder shrubs and trees / by Fred Turner; drawings by Mary I. Turner. Melbourne: Whitcombe & Tombs,  url p. 84.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 62 2004 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 119, p. 15, p. 3, p. 5, p. 64, p. 67, p. 72, p. 87.
- Basic slags and rock phosphates, by George Scott Robertson. With a preface by Edward J. Russell. Cambridge: University Press, 1922. url p. 110, p. 36.
- Bergey's manual of determinative bacteriology, by Robert S. Breed [and others] Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co., 1957. url p. 593.
- Biological effects of radiation; mechanism and measurement of radiation, applications in biology, photochemical reactions, effects of radiant energy on organisms and organic products. Edited by Benjamin M. Duggar. With the cooperation of Janet Howell Clark, Kenneth S. Cole, Farrington Daniels [and others] New York andMcGraw-Hill Book Co., 1936. url p. 688, p. 792.
- Blakeney Point, Norfolk: topography and vegetation / F. W. Oliver and E. J. Salisbury. London: F.T. Smith, 1913. url p. 25, p. 26.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 194, p. 229, p. 233, p. 234, p. 241, p. 284, p. 34, p. 52, p. 9.
- Breeding crop plants, by Herbert Kendall Hayes and Ralph John Garber. New York [etc.]: McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 207.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 9 1968 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 269.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url , , , , , , .
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , , p. 102, p. 66, p. 69, p. 88, p. 98.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 263, p. 323, p. 325, p. 325.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 18 1929 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 11, p. 13.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 112, p. 114.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 213, p. 585.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 311.
- Bulletin of entomological research. Farnham Royal: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux. url p. 27, p. 318, p. 333, p. 393, p. 481.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 72.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url , p. 12, p. 30, p. 5, p. 5, p. 6, p. 66, p. 67, p. 8.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 136, p. 262.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 148.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 2521, p. 757.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 372.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 372.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 72.
- Check list of publications issued by the Bureau of Plant Industry, United States Department of Agriculture, 1901-1920 and by the divisions and offices which combined to form this bureau 1862-1901. [Prepared by Jessie M. Allen] Washington, 1921. url p. 97.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 13.
- College botany, structure, physiology and economics of plants. Philadelphia, Lippincott, 1920. url , p. 324.
- College botany; structure, physiology and economics of plants, London, J. B. Lippincott Company[c1920] url , .
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 439.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , , , .
- Contents and index of the reports of the State entomologist of Illinois. Stephen A. Forbes. [Urbana?]: The State, 1909. url p. 71.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 23 2001 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 308.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 143.
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 19, p. 322.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1160, p. 443, p. 683.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 143, p. 372, p. 678.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada; New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url .
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 143.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 149, p. 152, p. 176, p. 179, p. 219, p. 226, p. 228, p. 308, p. 472, p. 474, p. 504.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 263, p. 293, p. 357, p. 358, p. 359, p. 362, p. 372, p. 384, p. 395, p. 396.
- Desirables and weeds for roadside management: a northern Rocky Mountain catalogue / [Helena]: Available through the National Technical Information Service, 1997] url , , , .
- Dickinson's hand book on farm seeds. Chicago, The Albert Dickinson co.[c1916] url p. 49.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 39.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 153.
- Diseases of cultivated plants and trees, by George Massee. .. London, Duckworth & co., 1910. url p. 247, p. 596.
- Domesticated animals and plants: a brief treatise upon the origin and development of domesticated races, with special reference to the methods of improvement / Boston; Ginn and Company, [c1910] url .
- Domesticated animals and plants; a brief treatise upon the origin and development of domesticated races, with special reference to the methods of improvement, by E. Davenport. Boston, Ginn and company[c1910] url p. 255, p. 255, p. 255.
- Ecologically significant wetlands in the Upper Yellowstone River watershed: including the Boulder, Clarks Fork Yellowstone, Shields, and Stillwater River drainages / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2001. url , , , .
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Elements of agriculture / by G.F. Warren. New York: Macmillan, ; 1913, c1909. url p. 187.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 353.
- Ergot of grains and grasses. [Washington]Office of Cereal Investigations, Bureau of Plant Industry, U. S. Department of Agriculture, 1920. url , .
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 11, p. 20, p. 32, p. 34, p. 37, p. 4, p. 43, p. 66, p. 69, p. 72, p. 78, p. 84.
- Erwin Frink Smith: a story of North American plant pathology. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society, 1952. url p. 477.
- Family #15, Gramineae / Richard W. Pohl. 4 1980 [Chicago]: Field Museum of Natural History, 1980. url fig. 53 , p. 16, p. 165, p. 166, p. 599.
- Farm grasses of the United States; a practical treatise on the grass crop, seeding and management of meadows and pastures, descriptions of the best varieties, the seed and its impurities, grasses for special conditions, etc., etc. New York, O. Judd company, 1916. url , .
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 118.
- Feeds and feeding, abridged: the essentials of the feeding, care, and management of farm animals, including poultry: adapted and condensed from Feeds and feeding (sixteenth edition) / by W. A. Henry and F. B. Morrison. Madison, Wis.: Henry-Morrison Co., c1917. url p. 641.
- Feeds and feeding: a hand-book for the student and stockman / by W.A. Henry. .. Madison, Wis.: The author, 1912. url p. 168.
- Feeds and feeding; Madison, Wis., The Henry-Morrison company, 1915. url p. 208.
- Feeds and feeding; a hand-book for the student and stockman, Madison, Wis., The author, 1910. url .
- Feeds and feeding; a handbook for the student and stockman, early editions by W. A. Henry; rewritten by F. B. Morrison. Madison, Wis., The Henry-Morrison company, 1922. url p. 210.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 235.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 235.
- Field crop production; a text-book for elementary courses in schools and brief courses in colleges, by George Livingston. .. New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 419.
- Field crops in South Africa, by H. D. Leppan and G. J. Bosman. [Johannesburg]Central News Agency, 1923. url p. 296.
- Field crops, by A. D. Wilson and C. W. Warburton. St. Paul, Minn., Webb Pub. Co., 1918. url p. 303.
- Field crops, by A. D. Wilson. .. and C. W. Warburton. St. Paul, Minn., Webb publishing co., 1918. url p. 303.
- Field crops, by A.D. Wilson. .. and C.W. Warburton. St. Paul, Minn., Webb Pub. Co., 1914, [c1912] url p. 324.
- Fifty years of botany; golden jubilee volume of the Botanical Society of America, edited by William Campbell Steere. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1958. url p. 184, p. 191.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 298.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 74.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 24.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 334.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 111, p. 1187.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 158.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 32.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 32.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 43.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 41.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 102, p. 41.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 98.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 98.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 167.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 33.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 38.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 87.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 69.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 122, p. 196, p. 26, p. 564.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. 2 1934 [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 600.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 152.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 139.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , , , , , , , , , , , p. 996.
- Fodder and pasture plants / by Geo. H. Clark and M. Oscar Malte; with colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, Canada: available at the Office of the Superintendent of Stationery, Government Printing Bureau, 1913. url p. 141, p. 58.
- Fodder and pasture plants, Ottawa, Minister of Agriculture, 1913. url , .
- Fodder and pasture plants, by Geo. H. Clark, B.S.A. and M. Oscar Malte, Ph.D. With water colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Pub. in 1913. Reprinted by direction of the Honourable W.R. Motherwell, minister of agriculture, O Ottawa, F.A. Acland, Printer, 1923. url p. 141, p. 58.
- Fodder and pasture plants, by George H. Clark and M. Oscar Malte. Ottawa, Minister of Agriculture, 1913. url p. 141, p. 58.
- Food for plants / Harris and Myers; edited and published by William S. Myers. New York: [s.n.], [191-?] url p. 282.
- Food for plants. New York[191-?] url p. 282.
- Food for plants. New ed. with supplementary notes. Edited and published by William S. Myers. New York: [s.n., 1922?] url p. 191.
- Forage crops for soiling, silage, hay and pasture, by Edward B. Voorhees. London, Macmillan, 1911. url p. 65.
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url .
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url , p. 176.
- Fritz Bahr's commercial floriculture; a practical manual for the retail grower, by Fritz Bahr. .. with two hundred and eighty-eight illustrations. New York, The A. T. De la Mare company, inc.[c1922] url p. 451.
- Fungoid disease of agricultural plants / by Jakob Eriksson; translated. from the Swedish by Anna Molander. London: Baillière, Tindall and Cox, 1912. url p. 113, p. 119, p. 128, p. 180, p. 191, p. 69, p. 71, p. 85.
- Fungous diseases of plants, Boston, Ginn and company[c1909] url p. 420, p. 493, p. 501.
- Fungous diseases of plants, with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique, by Benjamin Minge Duggar. Boston, Ginn and company, [c1909] url p. 410, p. 420, p. 493, p. 501.
- Fungous diseases of plants: with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique / Boston; Ginn, [c1909] url , , .
- Fungous diseases of plants; with chapters on physiology, culture methods and techniques. Boston, Ginn url p. 410, p. 493, p. 501.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 202.
- Grasses and how to grow them in North America / by Thomas Shaw. St. Paul: Webb publishing co., 1910. url p. 133.
- Grasses of the West Indies. By A. S. Hitchcock and Agnes Chase. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 395, p. 431, p. 433.
- Grasses of the West Indies. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 395, p. 431, p. 433.
- Grasses; a handbook for use in the field and laboratory. By H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge, University Press, 1908. url p. 109, p. 149, p. 16, p. 17, p. 180, p. 27, p. 41, p. 65, p. 66, p. 69, p. 7, p. 74.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 154.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 154.
- Gray's new manual of botany: a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada / Asa Gray; rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New York: American Book Company, c1908. url p. 154.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 716, p. 82, p. 860.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 137.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 137.
- Handbook of grasses, treating of their structure, classification, geographical distribution and uses, also describing the British species and their habitats. London, Macmillan, 1910. url , , , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 536.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 174, p. 93.
- Hints on landscape gardening, by Prince von Pückler-Muskau; tr. by Bernhard Sickert and ed. by Samuel Parsons; with illustrations and maps. Boston and New York, Houghton Mifflin company, 1917. url p. 56.
- Horse breeding in theory and practice / by Burchard von Oettingen; translated from German. London: Sampson Low, Marston & Co., 1909. url p. 415.
- Horse breeding: in theory and practice / by Burchard von Oettingen; translated from German. London: Sampson Low, Marston & Co., 1909. url p. 415, p. 416.
- Horses & stables. London, Longmans, 1911. url , p. 51.
- How to know the grasses; pictured-keys for determining the common and important American grasses, with suggestions and aids for their study. Dubuque, Iowa, W. C. Brown Co. url p. 44.
- Hymenoptera of America north of Mexico: synoptic catalog, second supplement / prepared by the staff and collaborators of the Hymenoptera Unit, Insect Identification and Parasite Introduction Research Branch, Entomology Research Division, Agricultural Research Service, under the Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1967. url p. 271.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 165, p. 178.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Impacts of Climate Change on Biodiversity: A review of the recent scientific literature UNEP-WCMC url p. 39.
- Improving California ranges / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1945. url .
- Injurious and beneficial insects of California. / By E. O. Essig. Sacramento, California state printing office, 1915 url .
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1445.
- Introduction to genetics and cytogenetics. New York, J. Wiley url p. 435, p. 581.
- Introduction to plant geography and some related sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 595, p. 617.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 70, p. 87, p. 97.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 168, p. 170, p. 175, p. 25.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url .
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 182, p. 194, p. 211, p. 212, p. 213, p. 214, p. 215, p. 222, p. 237, p. 241, p. 243, p. 353, p. 430, p. 444, p. 445, p. 456, p. 457, p. 467, p. 474, p. 475, p. 476, p. 478, p. 480, p. 483, p. 484, p. 488, p. 492, p. 572, p. 62, p. 66, p. 673, p. 676.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 142, p. 226, p. 233, p. 478.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 126, p. 63.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 243, p. 536.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 236.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 236.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 468.
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 190.
- Landscape gardening as applied to home decoration. By Samuel T. Maynard. .. New York, J. Wiley, 1915. url p. 37.
- Landscape reclamation: a report on research into problems of reclaiming derelict land, by a research team of the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. GuildfordIPC Science and Technology Press1971- url p. 104, p. 85, p. 88, p. 89, p. 90.
- Lawns, and how to make them: together with the proper keeping of putting greens / Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page & Co., 1914, c1906. url , .
- Leaf smut of timothy / George A. Osner. Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University, 1916. url p. 189, p. 202, p. 210, p. 214.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 309.
- Life and letters of Sir Joseph Dalton Hooker, O.M., G.C.S.I.: based on materials collected and arranged by Lady Hooker / by Leonard Huxley. London: J. Murray, 1918. url p. 130.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 31, p. 47, p. 59.
- Literature cited. Catalog of the Diptera of the Australasian and Oceanian regions. Honolulu: Bishop Museum and E. J. Brill, 1989. url p. 822.
- MAB Biosphere Reserves: Site Descriptions, post compilation 5 (October 1990) UNESCO MAB Programme url .
- Mammals of the Soviet Union / V.G. Heptner, A.A. Nasimovich, and A.G. Bannikov; scientific editor, Robert S. Hoffmann. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1988- url p. 935.
- Manual of plant diseases, Wilkes-Barré, Pa., The Record press, c1914-22 url p. 363.
- Manual of plant diseases, by Paul Sorauer. Wilkes-Barré, Pa.The Record Press, c1914-22 url p. 363.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 184, p. 185, p. 2, p. 830.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 129.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 447.
- Manuring for higher crop production / By E. J. Russell. Cambridge: The University Press, 1916. url p. 57.
- Meadows and pastures, by Joseph E. Wing. .. Chicago: The Breeder's Gazette, 1911. url , , p. 367, p. 367, p. 368, p. 368, p. 47, p. 47.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 263, p. 293, p. 357, p. 358, p. 359, p. 362, p. 372, p. 384, p. 395, p. 396.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 4.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 12 1981 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url fig. 18, page 38.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 136, p. 174, p. 85.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1965 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 49.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 11.
- Money in grasses. The experience of other nations from which the farmer, and especially the American farmer, may profit. With a short account of the city of Arnhem, the centre of the grass-seed industry in Europe. Arnhem (Holland)Barenbrug, Burgers & co. url , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 6.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 118, p. 78.
- New Zealand plants and their story. By L. Cockayne. .. Wellington, N.Z., M.F. Marks, Govt. Printer, 1919. url p. 155.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- Novon a journal of botanical nomenclature from the Missouri Botanical Garden. 2 1992 St. Louis, MO: Missouri Botanical Garden, url p. 186.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1949 San Diego, The Society. url p. 18.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 324, p. 332, p. 359.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 324, p. 331, p. 332, p. 359.
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 259.
- Pamphlets. MelbourneGovt. Printer, 1918-42. url p. 8.
- Pasture plants and pastures of New Zealand, by F.W. Hilgendorf. .. Melbourne and London [etc.]Whitcombe & Tombs, limited[1919?] url p. 94.
- Pasture studies: some results, Bangor [Wales]Jarvis & Foster, printers, 1919. url , , , , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , , , , , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, by Martin J. Sutton. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., limited, 1911. url p. 43.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 291, p. 568, p. 769.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url , p. 122, p. 132, p. 174, p. 22, p. 22, p. 234, p. 358, p. 361, p. 375, p. 494, p. 70, p. 93.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 177, p. 185, p. 326.
- Plant culture; a working hand-book of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, by George W. Oliver. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., c1912. url p. 137, p. 137.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url , .
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 287, p. 379.
- Plant morphogenesis. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 325.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 415.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 93.
- Practical botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen and Otis W. Caldwell. Boston: Ginn, c1911. url p. 493.
- Practical botany by Joseph Bergen and Otis W. Caldwell. Boston: Ginn, c1911. url p. 493.
- Practical botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1911] url .
- Preliminary draft list of plant species for inclusion in a 'Responsibility List' of European plants WCMC url p. 107.
- Preliminary list of plants growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire. Comp. by Frederick W. Batchelder. Manchester, N. H., Manchester institute of arts and sciences url p. 10.
- Principal poisonous plants of Canada / by Faith Fyles. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, Dominion Experimental Farms, 1920. url , p. 108, p. 6, p. 6.
- Problems of genetics, by William Bateson. New Haven, Conn., Yale University Press, 1916[c1913]. url p. 167.
- Problems of genetics. New HavenYale University Press1913 url p. 167.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 130, p. 24, p. 42, p. 65, p. 66, p. 96.
- Productive feeding of farm animals, London, J. B. Lippincott Company[c1921] url .
- Quality assurance report on exotic plants: EMAP Western Pilot field sites in Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2001. url .
- Range and pasture management, by Arthur W. Sampson. New York, John Wiley, 1923. url p. 142, p. 44.
- Rapid ecological assessment of selected state lands in southcentral Montana for plant species of special concern / prepared by James P. Vanderhorst; prepared for Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 19, p. 21, p. 22, p. 9.
- Recent advances in cytology, by C. D. Darlington. With a foreword by J. B. S. Haldane. With 16 plates, 160 text-figures and 81 tables. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1937. url p. 125, p. 217, p. 628.
- Recent advances in entomology, by A. D. Imms. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1937. url p. 188.
- Reclamation of mined lands in the western coal region / by Perry F. Narten. .. [et al.]. [Reston, Va.: Distribution Branch, Text Products Section, U.S. Geological Survey [distributor], 1983. url .
- Rochester and district; a sketch-guide to its geology, flora, & fauna, compiled by J. Hepworth. Rochester, Parrett & Neves, 1913. url p. 40.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 255.
- Root development in the grassland formation, a correlation of the root systems of native vegetation and crop plants. Washington, Carnegie inst. of Washington, 1920. url p. 133.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 14.
- Rural California, by E. J. Wickson. New York, The Macmillan company, 1923. url p. 114, p. 394.
- Science and fruit growing; being an account of the results obtained at the Woburn experimental fruit farm since its foundation in 1894. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1919. url p. 256.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url .
- Scientific feeding of the domestic animals, by Martin Klimmer. Chicago, A. Eger, 1923. url p. 38, p. 60.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 141, p. 149.
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Gallatin National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for U.S. Forest Service, Gallatin National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 75.
- Sensitive plant surveys, 1989: U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest / prepared for United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service; prepared by Sarah Y. Mathews. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 20, p. 33.
- Soil alkali, its origin, nature, and treatment. New YorkJ. Wiley1920 url , p. 202.
- Soil alkali; its origin, nature, and treatment, by Franklin Stewart Harris. New York, J. Wiley, 1920. url , p. 202.
- Some effects of the species and stage of maturity of plants on the forage consumption of grazing steers of various weights / by W.P. Garrigus and H.P. Rusk. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, 1939. url p. 499.
- Some grasses of the Northeast: a key to their identification by vegetative characters. Newark, Delaware: University of Delaware, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1962. url p. 75.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 121, p. 13.
- Spixiana. München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 104, p. 234, p. 236.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 188, p. 299, p. 94.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 2, p. 33, p. 33.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 734.
- Summer in a bog. Cincinnati, Stewart & Kidd[c1913] url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 29.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 403, p. 542, p. 82, p. 828.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 130, p. 137, p. 278.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 137, p. 137, p. 278, p. 278.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 2068, p. 2189, p. 306.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 142, p. 221, p. 77.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , , , , .
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 111, p. 154, p. 160, p. 168, p. 175, p. 175, p. 176, p. 177, p. 184, p. 187, p. 22, p. 266, p. 278, p. 281, p. 282, p. 283, p. 299, p. 300, p. 428, p. 452, p. 461, p. 462, p. 468, p. 469, p. 492, p. 494, p. 514, p. 537, p. 552, p. 552, p. 59, p. 622, p. 625, p. 625, p. 657, p. 688, p. 692, p. 723, p. 723, p. 767, p. 81, p. 86.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 431.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 18.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 48 1988 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 114, p. 119, p. 150, p. 25, p. 291, p. 306, p. 405, fig. 3, page 431, p. 644, laundré, page 646, p. 743.
- The Hypocreales of North America, by Fred Jay Seaver. New York, 1912. url p. 86.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 291, p. 291.
- The Journal of immunology. BaltimoreWilliams & Wilkins url p. 223.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 754.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 131, p. 213, p. 370, p. 455, p. 471, p. 475, p. 58, p. 588, p. 594, p. 605, p. 646, p. 672, p. 688, p. 702, p. 729.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 51.
- The anthropology of Iraq. The Upper Euphrates / by Henry Field, Curator of Physical Anthropology. Chicago:Field Museum, 1940 url p. 172, p. 194.
- The book of grasses: an illustrated guide to the common grasses, and the most common of the rushes and sedges / by Mary Evans Francis; illustrated by H.H. Knight, Arthur G. Eldredge and Sarah Francis Dorrance. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1912. url p. 193.
- The book of grasses; an illustrated guide to the common grasses, and the most common of the rushes and sedges, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & Co., 1912. url .
- The book of the Rothamsted experiments. 2d ed., rev. by E.J. Russell. Issued with the authority of the Lawes Agricultural Trust Committee. New YorkDutton1917 url p. 328.
- The distribution of the vegetation and flora of New Zealand. By L. Cockayne. Nelson, N.Z., R.W. Stiles & Co., Printers, 1920 url p. 39.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , p. 104, p. 128, p. 178, p. 71, p. 91.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 173, p. 180, p. 197, p. 342.
- The feeding of crops and stock: an introduction to the science of the nutrition of plants and animals / London: J. Murray, 1912. url .
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 44, p. 69.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 115, p. 231.
- The flowering process. New York, Macmillan, 1963. url p. 215.
- The future of arid lands: papers and recommendations from the International Arid Lands Meetings / edited by Gilbert F. White. Washington, D.C.: American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1956. url p. 346, p. 366, p. 411, p. 447.
- The genera of grasses of the United States: with special reference to the economic species / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1920. url , p. 64, p. 66, p. 67.
- The grasses and grasslands of South Africa, Pietermaritzburg, P. David & Sons, Ltd., Printers, 1918. url , .
- The grasses of Hawaii, by A. S. Hitchcock. Honolulu, Hawaii, Bishop Museum Press, 1922. url p. 125, p. 131, p. 39, p. 7.
- The grasses of Illinois / by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, 1918. url p. 265, p. 387, p. 388.
- The grasses of Illinois, by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill., 1918. url p. 265, p. 387, p. 388.
- The horse, its origin and development combined with stable practice, by Colonel R.F. Meysey-Thompson. London, E. Arnold, 1911. url p. 228.
- The horse: its origin and development combined with stable practice / by Colonel R.F. Meysey-Thompson. London: E. Arnold, 1911. url p. 228.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 378, p. 898.
- The microbiology of the atmosphere. London, L. Hill;1961. url p. 16.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 124.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 106.
- The natural history of the USSR / Algirdas Knystautas; foreword by Vladimir Flint; [translation, John S. Scott]. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1987. url p. 142.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , .
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 183.
- The physiology of flowering. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston url p. 61.
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 11, p. 198, p. 207, p. 36.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 403, p. 514.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 6.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 72.
- The potentialities of revegetating and utilizing agronomic species on strip mined areas in Illinois. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois, Agricultural Experiment Station url p. 16.
- The principles of agriculture, a text-book for schools and rural societies, London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1919. url p. 196.
- The principles of agriculture; a text-book for schools and rural societies, ed. by L.H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1913. url p. 196.
- The principles of agronomy; a text-book of crop production for high-schools and short-courses in agricultural colleges, by Franklin S. Harris. .. and George Stewart. New York, The Macmillan company, 1915. url p. 295.
- The process of evolution [by] Paul R. Ehrlich [and] Richard W. Holm. Illustrated by Anne H. Ehrlich. New York, McGraw-Hill url p. 336.
- The quantitative method in biology, London, Longmans, Green & co., 1919 url , .
- The quantitative method in biology. Manchester [Eng.]University Press1919 url p. 18, p. 222.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1394, p. 15, p. 2380, p. 3587, p. 3619.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , p. 409, p. 411, p. 500.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 368.
- The subantarctic islands of New Zealand. Reports on the geo-physics, geology, zoology and botany of the islands lying to the south of New Zealand, based mainly on observations and collections made during an expedition in the government steam Wellington, N.Z.Printed by J. McKay, Gov't. Printer1909 url p. 231.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url .
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 417, p. 715, p. 811, p. 883.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 715, p. 811, p. 813, p. 883.
- Trace elements in plants and animals, by Walter Stiles. .. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press;1946. url p. 134.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 107, p. 172, p. 62, p. 71, p. 82.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 237, p. 249.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url , .
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 24, p. 45.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 10, p. 40.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 85.
- Vegetative vigor of the host as a factor influencing susceptibility and resistance to certain rust diseases of the higher plants. Lancaster, Pa., 1922 url p. 196.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 232.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url p. 46, p. 47, p. 48.
- Western grazing grounds and forest ranges; a history of the live-stock industry as conducted on the open ranges of the arid West, Chicago, The Breeder's gazette, 1913. url .
- Wheat improvement in Australia. .. by F.B. Guthrie, F.I.C. Sydney, W.A. Gullick, government printer, 1914. url p. 7.
- Wild life in Wales, by George Bolam. London: F. Palmer,  url p. 152.
- [Publications on plant pathology from Wisconsin Experiment Station Research bulletins, collected by H.S. Jackson.] [Madison, Wis.][1911-33] url p. 209.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 11, 2012.
- "Dactylis glomerata". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 310. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed December 03, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 5 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 27, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 13, 2007:
- Comisión nacional para el conocimiento y uso de la biodiversidad, Banco Nacional de Germoplasma Vegetal, México
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Oviedo. Departamento de Biología de Organismos y Sistemas: FCO
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2664474
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-193446
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4395043
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:75745-2
- GRIN Nomen Number: 13114
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 193446
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA1Y020
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: DAGLV DAGL
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 34293
- "Dactylis glomerata". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 310. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 291.340 meters (955.840 feet), Standard Deviation = 535.420 based on 3,765 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]