Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Afrikaans:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Amber Elf Dwarf Broom, Broom, Broomtops, Common Broom, English Broom, Escoba Negra, European Broom, Giesta, Irish Broom, Retama De Escobas, Scotch Broom, Scotch Broom Cytisus Scoparius, Scotchbroom, Scots Broom, Scottish Broom, Yellow Broom
Common Names in French:
Gen, Genêt à Balais, Genêt à Balais
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
ID Features: Year-round green stem color. Angled stems. Trifoliate leaves. Yellow pea-like flowers.
Habit: Deciduous. • Climbing: Not Climbing
Flowers: Blooms in May and into early June. Pea-like flowers are dark red. Blooming is profuse and very showy. • Bloom Period: April, May. • Flower Color: dark red, red-orange, scarlet
Seeds: Fruit: 1.5" to 2" pea-like pods. Not ornamentally significant.
Foliage: Summer foliage: Deciduous. Leaf arrangement alternate. Small trifoliate leaves. Upper leaves often with only 1 leaflet . Color is medium to bright green. Stems are green and more conspicuous than the foliage . Stems are angled and flexible . • Fall foliage: Fall color not ornamentally important.
Size: 4-6' tall.
Landscape Uses: As an accent for stunning bloom . For borders . Specimen. Along highways. • Liabilities: Tends to be somewhat short-lived. Twig kill in severe winters. Tends to self-sow. • Care: Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system . Feed with a general purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in spring . For a formal appearance , shear annually after flowering.
Hardy to zone 5, performs better from zone 6.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,212 meters (0 to 13,819 feet).
Culture: Space 4-6' apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 6.0
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Moisture: Water Requirements: Once established needs only occasional water.
Sarothamnus bourgaei Boiss. • Sarothamnus oxyphyllus Boiss. • Sarothamnus scoparius (L.)w. D. J. Koch • Sarothamnus vulgaris Wimm. • Spartium scoparium L.
Members of the genus Cytisus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 35 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
C. dallimorei (Dallimore's Spanishbroom) · C. decumbens (Prostrate Broom) · C. fontanesii (Bolina) · C. hirsutus (Broom) · C. monspessulana (French Broom Cytisus Monspessulana) · C. multiflorus (Escoba Blanca) · C. nigricans (Black Broom) · C. praecox (Warminster Broom) · C. praecox 'Hollandia' (Common Broom) · C. proliferus (Escabon) · C. purgans 'Spanish Gold' (Broom) · C. purpureus 'Atropurpureus' (Purple Broom) · C. scoparius (Amber Elf Dwarf Broom) · C. scoparius f. andreanus (Broom) · C. scoparius scoparius (European Broom) · C. scoparius scoparius var. scoparius (English Broom) · C. scoparius var. andreanus (English Broom) · C. scoparius 'Burkwoodii' (Burkwood Broom) · C. scoparius 'Firefly' (Scotch Broom) · C. scoparius 'Madame Butterfly' (Scotch Broom) · C. scoparius 'Moonlight' (Moonlight Scotch Broom) · C. striatus (Hairy-Fruited Broom) · C. villosus (Hairybroom) · C. x beanii (Dwarf Broom) · C. x dallimorei (Scotch Broom) · C. x kewensis (Kew Broom) · C. x praecox (Warminster Broom) · C. x praecox 'Allgold' (Allgold Broom) · C. × spachianus (Sweet Broom) · C. x 'Lena' (Lena Scotch Broom) · C. x 'Lilac Time' (Lilac Time Scotch Broom) · C. x 'Minstead' (Minstead Scotch Broom) · C. 'Andreanus' (English Broom) · C. 'La Coquette' (Broom) · C. 'Lena' (Scotch Broom)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of plants growing without cultivation in the County of Nantucket, Mass. Northampton, Mass., Gazette Printing Co., 1888. url p. 22.
- A check-list of plants mentioned in the Arnold Arboretum bulletins / [compiled by Charles Downing Lay, Robert Wheelwright]. Harrisburg, Pa.: Landscape Architecture, Inc., 1919 url p. 11.
- A descriptive catalogue of useful fiber plants of the world: including the structural and economic classifications of fibers / by Charles Richards Dodge. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1897. url p. 146, p. 98.
- A dictionary of popular names of the plants which furnish the natural and acquired wants of man, in all matters of domestic and general economy. Their history, products, & uses, by John Smith. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 63.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 283.
- A garden diary, September 1899-September 1900 / by Emily Lawless. London: Methuen, 1901. url p. 201.
- A garden diary: September 1899-September 1900 / London: Methuen & Co., 1901. url .
- A guide to Belfast and the counties of Down & Antrim / prepared for the meeting of the British Association by the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. Belfast: M'Caw, Stevenson & Orr, ltd., 1902. url p. 113.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 142.
- A guide to the poisonous plants and weed seeds of Canada and the northern United States / by R.B. Thomson and H.B. Sifton. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1922. url p. 13, p. 132, p. 163.
- A handbook of British Lepidoptera, by Edward Meyrick. London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 621, p. 727, p. 755.
- A handbook of British butterflies, being an outline of the distribution of all the British butterflies together with their food plants, times of appearance, and favorite places of resort. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1902. url p. 23.
- A history of Longridge and district. PrestonPrinted by C.W. Whitehead1888 url p. 261, p. 266.
- A manual of Indian timbers; an account of the growth, distribution, and uses of the trees and shrubs of India and Ceylon with descriptions of their wood-structure, by J. S. Gamble... London: S. Low, Marston & co. ltd., 1902. url p. 228.
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 532.
- A manual of forestry. London, Bradbury, Agnew, 1889-96. url p. 355.
- A manual of forestry. LondonBradbury, Agnew1906-25 url p. 399, p. 773.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 236, p. 588, p. xv.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , , , , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url fig. 302, p. 527, p. 551, p. 830.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 113.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 217, p. 79, p. 82.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url , p. 217, p. 79.
- A partial list of plants available for various uses in general landscape planting, comp. by Albert D. Taylor. Cleveland, A.D. Taylor, c1916 url p. 22, p. 22, p. 32, p. 32.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 25.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 79.
- A text-book of materia medica and pharmacy for medical students / by V.E. Henderson. Toronto: University Press,  url p. 92.
- A textbook of botany for colleges and universities. .. Cincinnati [etc]American book company[1910-11] url .
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 17.
- Agrostographia; a treatise on the cultivated grasses and other herbage and forage plants. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood, 1877. url , .
- Alpine flowers for gardens: rock, wall, marsh plants, and mountain shrubs / by W. Robinson. London: John Murray, 1903. url p. 205.
- An annotated catalogue of types of the University of Illinois mycological collections (ILL) / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1997. url p. 74.
- An arboreal guide of the wilderness. 1979. url .
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and of the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of by J.C. Loudon. London: Longmans, Green, 1871. url p. 923.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. By George M. Gould. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston, Son & Co., 1894. url p. 1305.
- An illustrated encyclopaedia of gardening, by Walter P. Wright London, J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.; url p. 37.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 517, p. 519.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 350, p. 350.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 342, p. 343.
- An illustrated natural history of British moths / by Edward Newman. London: Hardwicke and Bogue,  url p. 94.
- An introduction to the embryology of angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1950. url p. 311.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url , .
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 150, p. 190, p. 302.
- Andorra hand-book [of trees and shrubs] Philadelphia url p. 74.
- Annals of horticulture in North America for the year 1893. A witness of passing events and a record of progress. Comprising and account of the horticulture of the Columbian exposition, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Judd, c1894. url p. 194.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 38.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 8 1897 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 104, p. 83.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 64.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 276, p. 623, p. 643, p. 686.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 569.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 569.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 10, p. 20, p. 77.
- Beautiful flowering shrubs, London, Cassell & company, ltd.,  url , , p. 144.
- Beautiful flowering trees and shrubs for British and Irish gardens / by John Weathers. London: Simpkin, Marshall, [1903?] url .
- Biltmore Nursery, Biltmorse, N.C. [North Carolina?: The Nursery?], c1912 url p. 64.
- Book of garden plans, Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page & company, 1916. url .
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 303.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 42.
- British birds. London, Witherby & Co. url p. 37.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , , , , p. 174, p. 82, p. 94.
- British plant-galls; a classified text book of cecidology, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url , , p. 301, p. 301, p. 323, p. 45, p. 45.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , .
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 31 1931 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 35, p. 71, p. 89.
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url .
- Bulletin - Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, : Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station, 1907-1974. url p. 81.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 623, p. 643, p. 686.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 223, p. 41, p. 438, p. 439, p. 464, p. 626, p. 74.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 17, p. 211, p. 25.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1913 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 160, p. 170, p. 185, p. 217, p. 277, p. 378.
- Bulletin of the Beach Erosion Board. [Washington, D.C.]: The Board, 1948- url p. 206.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 3, p. 376, p. 385, p. 387, p. 39, p. 44, p. 5.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 118, p. 306.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 35, p. 59.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 136, p. 252.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 331, p. 47.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 2677.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url p. 104.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 487.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 487.
- Catalogue of the Hanbury Herbarium, in the Museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain / compiled by E.M. Holmes. London: Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, 1892. url p. 52.
- Catalogue of the Hemiptera (Heteroptera) with biological and anatomical references, lists of foodplants and parasites, etc. prefaced by a discussion on nomenclature, and an analytical table of families, by G. W. Kirkaldy. Berlin, F. L. Dames, 1909- url p. 136.
- Catalogue of the collections in the museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain compiled by E.M. Holmes. London, The Society, 1878. url p. 282, p. 32.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 248, p. 431.
- Charles Darwin: his life and work. New YorkPutnam1891 url p. 269.
- Charles Darwin; London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1891. url p. 269.
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 142.
- Chloroplast pigments and chromatographic analysis. University Park, Pennsylvania State University url p. 147.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: The Bureau, 1904-1913. url p. 5.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 112.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 390, p. 394.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url p. 90.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 161.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 183.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 389, p. 393, p. 534, p. 616, p. 720.
- Cultivated plants, their propagation and improvement. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood & Sons, 1877. url p. 429.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1633, p. 442, p. 632.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 311, p. 678.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 310, p. 311.
- Dictionary of botanical equivalents, French-English, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager and Edwina M. Smiley. Baltimore, Md., Williams & Wilkins[c1921] url p. 27.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 664, p. 765.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 11.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 7.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 616.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 55.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 275.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 115, p. 258.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 260.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 260.
- Field, forest and garden botany: a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book, c1895. url p. 124.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 143.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , .
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 106.
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 182.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 26.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 184.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 183.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 415, p. 53, p. 596, p. 85.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 72.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 396.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , .
- Flowering trees & shrubs. LondonA.L. Humphreys1905 url p. 115, p. 36.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 296, p. 541.
- Forestry. London: W. Rider, [1883-1886]. url p. 259.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 121, p. 124, p. 15, p. 164, p. 185, p. 213, p. 226, p. 254, p. 273, p. 280, p. 354, p. 374, p. 389, p. 397, p. 412, p. 423, p. 66.
- Garden trees and shrubs illustrated in colour. By Walter P. Wright. London: Headley brothers,  url p. 177, p. 185, p. 227, p. 80.
- Gardeners' chronicle of America. New York: Chronicle Press, 1905-1950. url p. 168.
- Gardening for amateurs; a simple, complete, and practical guide for garden lovers, edited by H. H. Thomas. Illustrated by twenty-four coloured plates and many hundreds of photographs and sketches. New York: Funk and Wagnalls company,  url p. 814.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 276, p. 295.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 124.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 382.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 118, p. 306.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 74.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 74.
- Handbook of hardy trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants. .. Based on the French work of Messrs. Decaisne and Naudin. ..entitled 'Manuel de l'amateur des jardins, ' and including the original woodcuts by Riocreux and Leblanc. Boston, Estes & Lauriat, 1873. url .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 104.
- Hardy ornamental flowering trees and shrubs / by A. D. Webster. London: Smith, Elder, 1908. url p. 215.
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, by Helen R. Albee; illustrated from photographs. New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , .
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 479, p. 504, p. 528.
- History of the vegetable drugs of the Pharmacopeia of the United States / Cincinnati, O.: J. U. & C. G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 79.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url , p. 40, p. 717, p. 8.
- Hortus Mortolensis: enumeratio plantarum in Horto Mortolensi cultarum = Alphabetical catalogue of plants growing in the garden of the late Sir Thomas Hanbury. .. at La Mortola, Ventimiglia, Italy / compiled by Alwin Berger. London: West, Newman, 1912. url p. 146.
- How to make a country place; an account of the successes and the mistakes of an amateur in thirty-five years of farming, building and development: together with a practical plan for securing a home and an independent income, star New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1914. url p. 372.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- In my lady's garden / By Mrs. Richmond. London: T.F. Unwin, 1908. url p. 417.
- Index of British plants according to the London catalogue... London: G. Bell, 1889. url p. 90.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 142.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 14, p. 28, p. 62, p. 63.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 91.
- Irish gardening. Dublin: Pub. Office, 1906-1922 url p. 76.
- Island life; or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London, Macmillan, 1880. url p. 360.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 52.
- Johnson's Gardeners' dictionary and cultural instructor. London, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd. url p. 376, p. 775.
- Journal kept by David Douglas during his travels in North America 1823-1827, together with a particular description of thirty-three species of American oaks and eighteen species of Pinus, with appendices containing a list of the plants introduced by Douglas and an account of h London: W. Wesley & Son, 1914. url p. 64.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 35 1934 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 128, p. 15, p. 16, p. 167, p. 273.
- Kalm's account of his visit to England: on his way to America in 1748 / London; Macmillan, 1892. url .
- Landscape garden series, ed. by Ralph Rodney Root. Davenport, Ia.: The Garden Press,  url p. 30.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 137, p. 226, p. 262.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 41.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 194.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 10, p. 10, p. 11, p. 12, p. 14, p. 14, p. 17, p. 19, p. 28, p. 34, p. 40, p. 463.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , , p. 31, p. 41, p. 44, p. 48, p. 58.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 537.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 681.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url , p. 78.
- Medicinal plants. Being descriptions with original figures of the principal plants employed in medicine and an account of the characters, properties, and uses of their parts and products of medicinal value. By Robert Bentley and Henry Trimen. Plates by David Blair. In four volumes. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1880. url , , , .
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url .
- Memoirs and proceedings of the Manchester Literary & Philosophical Society. Manchester: The Society, 1888-1980. url p. 26.
- Memoirs of the Horticultural Society of New York. [New York]: The Society, c1904-c1927. url p. 131.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 194.
- Memories of the months. Second series, by the Right Hon. Sir Herbert Maxwell, bart... London: E. Arnold, 1900. url p. 175.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 178.
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 42.
- Monograph of the Coccidæ of the British Isles. By Robert Newstead. London, Printed for the Ray society, 1901-03. url p. 184, p. 214, p. 215, p. 263, p. 95.
- Montana weed management plan / Helena, Mont.: Montana Dept. of Transportation, 2008. url .
- More letters of Charles Darwin. A record of his work in a series of hitherto unpublished letters, ed. by Francis Darwin. .. and A.C. Seward. .. London, J. Murray, 1903. url .
- Mountain and moorland, by J. Arthur Thomson. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 173, p. 30, p. 94.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 121.
- My garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. .. illustrated by Will Simmons. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page & company, [c1916] url p. 37, p. 37.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url , , p. 146, p. 146, p. 430, p. 430.
- Native woody plants of the United States, their erosion-control and wildlife values. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1938. url , , p. 10, p. 116.
- New Zealand plants and their story. By L. Cockayne. .. Wellington, N.Z., M.F. Marks, Govt. Printer, 1919. url p. 152.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 1 1884-1888 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 214, p. 452, p. 454.
- Notes on the flora of western Nova Scotia, 1921 / M.L. Fernald. Cambridge, MA: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1922. url p. 176.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 612.
- Observations on the colors of flowers / by E. Williams Hervey. New Bedford [Mass.]: E. Anthony & Sons, 1899. url p. 84.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 59.
- Ornamental shrubs of the United States (hardy, cultivated) by Austin Craig Apgar. New York, American Book Company[c1910] url p. 115.
- Pacific Coast nurseryman, award-winning horticulturalist, and historian: Edward S. Carman; with an introduction by Angel Guerzon. Interviews conducted by Suzanne B. Riess in 1997. The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley, url p. 83.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 344, p. 90.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 79, p. 81, p. 83.
- Parks: a manual of municipal and county parks compiled as a result of a nation-wide study of municipal and county parks conducted by the Playground and Recreation Association of America, in co-operation with edited by L.H. Weir. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co., 1928. url p. 681, p. 682, p. 683, p. 684, p. 685, p. 686, p. 687, p. 688, p. 689, p. 690, p. 691.
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 450, p. 5.
- Pheasants and covert shooting. By Captain Aymer Maxwell. London, A. and C. Black, 1913. url p. 186, p. 186.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 350.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 273, p. 418.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 245, p. 251.
- Plant bugs on fruit crops in Canada: Heteroptera: Miridae / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1982. url p. 180, p. 181, p. 99.
- Plant succession; an analysis of the development of vegetation, Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1916. url , .
- Plant-breeding, New York, The Macmillan company, 1915. url p. 357.
- Plant-breeding, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1915. url .
- Plants for California landscapes: a catalog of drought tolerant plants. [Sacramento, Calif.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Water Resources,  url p. 56.
- Poisonous plants in field and garden / by G. Henslow. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1901. url p. 71.
- Poisonous plants of all countries, by A. Bernhard-Smith. London, Baillière, Tindall & Cox, 1923. url p. 17.
- Poisonous plants of all countries. With the active, chemical principles which they contain; and the toxic symptoms produced by each group. Bristol [Eng.]J. Wright, 1905. url , .
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 187, p. 187, p. 188, p. 188.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 126, p. 136, p. 171, p. 179, p. 24, p. 292, p. 39.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. 39.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. 21, p. 22.
- Practical foresty; a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. LondonW. Rider[pref.1917] url p. 84.
- Practical veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics, New York, The Macmillan Company, 1917. url , , p. 202, p. 506.
- Problems of evolution. London, Duckworth, 1900. url p. 186.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , , p. 75, p. 76.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url , p. 1010, p. 131, p. 283, p. 294.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 633.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 176, p. 177, p. 179, p. 180, p. 451, p. 585, p. 942, p. 946.
- Proceedings of the International conference on plant hardiness and acclimatization, 1907, held in the rooms of the American institute of the city of New York and in the Museum building of the New York botanical garden, october 1st to 3rd, 1907. [New York?]c1910. url p. 131.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 125, p. 290.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 12, p. 51, p. 84.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 6 1883 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 471, p. 561.
- Sable Island, with a catalogue of its vascular plants / by Harold St. John. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1921. url p. 80.
- Schlich's Manual of forestry. London: Bradbury, Agnew & Co., 1904-1906. url p. 388.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 154.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 245.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 611, p. 614, p. 635.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 100, p. 381.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 566.
- Special scientific report. Seattle, National Marine Fisheries Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1949-1971. url p. 11, p. 13, p. 14, p. 3, p. 4.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 159, p. 473, p. 49.
- Studies in forestry; being a short course of lectures on the principles of sylviculture delivered at the Botanic garden, Oxford. .. by John Nisbet. Oxford: At the Clarendon press, 1894. url p. 105, p. 105.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 231.
- Sylvan winter. London, K.P. Trench, 1886. url p. 197.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 2126.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1079, p. 1080, p. 1135, p. 1241, p. 241, p. 520, p. 540, p. 785, p. 896.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 105, p. 126, p. 179, p. 228, p. 228, p. 228, p. 229, p. 229, p. 233, p. 240, p. 242, p. 243, p. 44.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 474.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 148, p. 150, p. 160, p. 175, p. 177, p. 245, p. 248, p. 260, p. 281, p. 33, p. 342, p. 451, p. 451, p. 453, p. 454, p. 46, p. 461, p. 467, p. 469, p. 492, p. 494, p. 495, p. 497, p. 50, p. 514, p. 528, p. 622, p. 624, p. 625, p. 625, p. 626, p. 631, p. 657, p. 742, p. 767.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 176.
- The Cost of Policy Inaction: The case of not meeting the 2010 biodiversity target European Commission url p. 161, p. 297.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement shown by existing examples of gardens in Great Britain and Ireland, followed by a description of the plants, shrubs, and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1911. url p. 528.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 10, p. 166, p. 172, p. 179, p. 210, p. 283, p. 288, p. 307, p. 398, p. 41, p. 41, p. 79, p. 92, p. 99.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 207, p. 355, p. 355.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 1387, p. 336, p. 461, p. 548, p. 615, p. 656, p. 671, p. 707, p. 843.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , , , , , p. 100, p. 17, p. 204, p. 215, p. 217, p. 225, p. 229, p. 231, p. 231, p. 237, p. 242, p. 256, p. 266, p. 288, p. 300, p. 304, p. 308, p. 310, p. 320, p. 327, p. 331, p. 331, p. 332, p. 334, p. 336, p. 346, p. 348, p. 357, p. 360, p. 361, p. 362, p. 364, p. 384, p. 397, p. 406, p. 418, p. 419, p. 469, p. 475, p. 478, p. 567, p. 594, p. 602, p. 622, p. 624, p. 640, p. 654, p. 655, p. 664, p. 671, p. 673, p. 682, p. 688, p. 697, p. 7, p. 70, p. 732, p. 732, p. 76, p. 8.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 134, p. 14.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 38 1978 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 309, p. 398.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 454, p. 455.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 270, p. 29, p. 299.
- The Lepidoptera of the British Islands: a descriptive account of the families, genera, and species indigenous to Great Britain and Ireland, their preparatory states, habits, and localities / by Charles G. Barrett. London: L. Reeve, 1893-1907. url p. 222.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 216, p. 295, p. 353, p. 59, p. 94.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 37, p. 37.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 137, p. 160, p. 188.
- The Romance of wild flowers: a companion to the British flora / by Edward Step. London; Warne, 1899. url p. 150.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 499.
- The Shakespeare garden, New YorkThe Century co.1922 url p. 143, p. 303, p. 331.
- The Shakespeare garden, by Esther Singleton, with numerous illustrations from photographs and reproductions of old wood cuts. New York: Century, 1922. url p. 143, p. 143, p. 303, p. 331, p. 331.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 43.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 28, p. 71.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 308, p. 31.
- The art & craft of garden making / Thomas H. Mawson. London: B.T. Batsford;  url p. 294.
- The balance of nature and modern conditions of cultivation: a practical manual of animal foes and friends for the country gentleman, the farmer, the forester, the gardener, and the sportsman / by George Abbey. London: E.P. Dutton, 1909. url p. 97.
- The book of British butterflies. London, L.U. Gill, 1893. url p. 174, p. 244.
- The book of British butterflies: a practical manual for collectors and naturalists / by W.J. Lucas; with illustrations by the author London: L. Upcott Gill, 1893 url p. 174, p. 244.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 115.
- The butterflies of the British Isles / 1906 London: F. Warne, 1906. url p. 148.
- The care of trees in lawn, street and park. With a list of trees and shrubs for decorative use. New YorkHolt1910 url p. 346.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url , p. 157, p. 157, p. 181, p. 191, p. 325, p. 325.
- The cultivated evergreens; a handbook of the coniferous and most important broad-leaved evergreens planted for ornament in the United States and Canada, edited by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1923. url p. 379, p. 386, p. 407.
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , , , , , , , , p. 116, p. 135, p. 40, p. 49, p. 5, p. 90.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 197.
- The feeding of crops and stock: an introduction to the science of the nutrition of plants and animals / London: J. Murray, 1912. url .
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 659.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 34.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 130, p. 41, p. 63.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 43.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url .
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 70.
- The flora of the Alps: being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. New York: Truslove & Comba, 1898. url p. 70.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, by Alfred W. Bennett. .. London, Nimmo, 1900. url p. 70.
- The flora of the Nilgiri and Pulney Hill-tops / by P.F. Fyson; with 580 full page illustrations and 4 maps by Lady Bourne, Mrs. Fyson and others. Madras: Printed by the Supt., Govt. Press, 1915-1920. url p. 98.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 25.
- The garden beautiful; home woods and home landscape, by W. Robinson. .. Illustrated with engravings on wood. London: J. Murray, 1907. url p. 96.
- The gardener's companion. With an introduction by Lady Alwyne Compton. London: Mills & Boon,  url p. 130.
- The geography of plants / by M. E. Hardy. Oxford: Clarendon press, 1920. url p. 325.
- The heather in lore, lyric and lay, by Alexander Wallace. New York: A.T. De La Mare ptg. and pub. co., ltd., 1903. url p. 93.
- The identification of trees & shrubs; how to recognize, without previous knowledge of botany, wild or garden trees and shrubs native to the north temperate zone, with 2, 500 diagrams made by the author. New York, Dutton url p. 49.
- The insect and other allied pests of orchard, bush and hothouse fruits and their prevention and treatment / Wye, Eng.: Frederick V. Theobald, 1909. url .
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 207.
- The life and letters of Charles Darwin: including an autobiographical chapter / New York: D. Appleton, 1896. url p. 539.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 556, p. 561, p. 898.
- The microanalysis of powdered vegetable drugs, by Albert Schneider. .. with 237 illustrations Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1921] url p. 484.
- The moths of the British Isles / by Richard South. London; Frederick Warne & Co., [1920?] url p. 101.
- The moths of the British Isles, by Richard South. London, F. Warne & Co., 1907-09. url p. 151.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , , , , , .
- The naturalised flora of South Australia / by J.M. Black. Adelaide: J.M. Black, 1909. url p. 46.
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 202, p. 205.
- The origin of the British flora / London: Dulau, 1899. url , , .
- The origin of the British flora. LondonDulau1899 url p. 183, p. 186, p. 4.
- The perfect garden, how to keep it beautiful and fruitful, with practical hints on eonomical management and the culture of all the principal flowers, fruits, and vegetables; Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company; [etc., etc.]1908. url p. 162.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 191.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 180.
- The pruning-manual, being the 18th ed., rev. and reset, of the Pruning-book which was first published in 1898. New York, The Macmillan company; [etc., etc.]1916. url p. 219, p. 220.
- The soil; an introduction to the scientific study of of the growth of crops. New YorkDutton1920 url p. 322.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1323, p. 2671, p. 2690, p. 2696, p. 2699, p. 3078, p. 3121, p. 3606, p. 41, p. 42, p. 947, p. 948, p. 949.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , p. 244.
- The students' flora of New Zealand and the outlying islands. Wellington, N. Z., John Mackay, govt. printer url .
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 230.
- The trees, shrubs, and plants of Virgil, [New York, B. H. Blackwell;1920. url p. 147, p. 50.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 124.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 178, p. 199, p. 87.
- The weeds of New South Wales, pt. I- Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Gov't. printer, 1920- url p. 25, p. 26.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 108, p. 132, p. 170, p. 173, p. 184, p. 2, p. 22, p. 250, p. 252, p. 27, p. 270, p. 302.
- Town gardening / by Mary Hampden. New York, C.Scribner's sons, 1922 url p. 136.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , , , , , p. 112, p. 112, p. 135, p. 288, p. 288.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 302.
- Trees & shrubs for English gardens. [London]"Country life", 1908. url , p. 142, p. 322, p. 360.
- Trees and shrubs hardy in the British Isles / by W. J. Bean. London: J. Murray, 1916. url p. 100, p. 22, p. 26, p. 458.
- Trees and shrubs of the British Isles; native and acclimatised, LondonDent1909 url , p. 29, p. 78.
- Trees and shrubs, hardy in the British isles. LondonJ. Murray1914 url p. 100, p. 26.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 249, p. 260.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url , .
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 118, p. 14, p. 51, p. 56, p. 75.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 111, p. 118, p. 139, p. 14, p. 14, p. 146, p. 56, p. 57, p. 64, p. 75, p. 93.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 383, p. 426, p. 819.
- Veterinary medicines 1911 url p. 544.
- Veterinary medicines: their actions and uses / by Finlay Dun. .. ed. by James MacQueen. New York: W.R. Jenkins, 1906. url p. 534.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms: a pocket guide to British wild-flowers for the country rambler / by Edward Step. London; F. Warne, 1895. url p. 7.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms; a pocket guide to British wild flowers for the country rambler. London, Warne, 1895. url p. 7.
- Webster's practical forestry: a popular handbook on the rearing and growth of trees for profit or ornament. By A.D. Webster. .. London, W. Rider & Son, Limited[pref. 1905] url p. 78.
- Winter botany, a companion volume to the author's Plant materials of decorative gardening, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 146, p. 148.
- Winter botany, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 146, p. 148.
- Woody plants in winter; a manual of common trees and shrubs in winter in the Northeastern United States and southeastern Canada, by Earl L. Core and Nelle P. Ammons. Pittsburgh, Boxwood Press url p. 128.
- Woody plants of the western national parks; containing keys for the identification of trees and shrubs, by Virginia Long Bailey and Harold Edwards Bailey. Notre Dame, Ind., University Press, 1949. url p. 262.
- Year book - Carnegie Institution of Washington. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington url p. 51.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed January 24, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- National Invasive Species Information Center, National Agricultural Library, United States Department of Agriculture. Web Site. Accessed May 3, 2008.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 24, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal January 27, 2008:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University and Jepson Herbaria DiGIR provider
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- Bioversity International, EURISCO, The European Genetic Resources Search Catalogue
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Observations du Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien.
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Aranzadi Zientzi Elkartea
- GBIF-Spain, Botánica, Universidad de León: LEB-Cormo
- GBIF-Spain, CIBIO, Alicante:ABH-GBIF
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- GBIF-Spain, Dirección General de Investigación, Desarrollo Tecnológico e Innovación de la Junta de Extremadura(DGIDTI): HSS
- GBIF-Spain, Herbario Universidad de Málaga: MGC-Cormófitos
- GBIF-Spain, Institut Botanic de Barcelona, BC
- GBIF-Spain, Jardi Botanic de Valencia: VAL
- GBIF-Spain, Jardín Botánico de Córdoba: Herbarium COA
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Univ. Herbarium SALAMANCA: SALA
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Almería, HUAL
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Oviedo. Departamento de Biología de Organismos y Sistemas: FCO
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad del País Vasco/EHU, Bilbao: Herbario BIO
- GBIF-Spain, Universitat de Girona: HGI-Cormophyta
- Herbario SANT, Universidade de Santiago de Compostela, SANT herbarium vascular plant collection
- International Plant Genetic Resources Institute(IPGRI), EURISCO
- Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
- , IPK Genebank
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- National Institute of Genetics, ROIS, Herbarium Specimens of Museum of Nature and Human Activities, Hyogo Pref., Japan
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Washington Burke Museum, Vascular Plant Collection - University of Washington Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2666591
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-6046
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5304283
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:137968-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 13019
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 501966
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB18060
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: SASC6
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 11823