Common Names in English:
Warminster Broom, Praecox Broom
Habit: Shrub • Climbing: Not Climbing
Cytisus purgans (L.)benth.
Members of the genus Cytisus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 35 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
C. dallimorei (Dallimore's Spanishbroom) · C. decumbens (Prostrate Broom) · C. fontanesii (Bolina) · C. hirsutus (Broom) · C. monspessulana (French Broom Cytisus Monspessulana) · C. multiflorus (Escoba Blanca) · C. nigricans (Black Broom) · C. praecox (Warminster Broom) · C. praecox 'Hollandia' (Common Broom) · C. proliferus (Escabon) · C. purgans 'Spanish Gold' (Broom) · C. purpureus 'Atropurpureus' (Purple Broom) · C. scoparius (Amber Elf Dwarf Broom) · C. scoparius f. andreanus (Broom) · C. scoparius scoparius (European Broom) · C. scoparius scoparius var. scoparius (English Broom) · C. scoparius var. andreanus (English Broom) · C. scoparius 'Burkwoodii' (Burkwood Broom) · C. scoparius 'Firefly' (Scotch Broom) · C. scoparius 'Madame Butterfly' (Scotch Broom) · C. scoparius 'Moonlight' (Moonlight Scotch Broom) · C. striatus (Hairy-Fruited Broom) · C. villosus (Hairybroom) · C. x beanii (Dwarf Broom) · C. x dallimorei (Scotch Broom) · C. x kewensis (Kew Broom) · C. x praecox (Warminster Broom) · C. x praecox 'Allgold' (Allgold Broom) · C. × spachianus (Sweet Broom) · C. x 'Lena' (Lena Scotch Broom) · C. x 'Lilac Time' (Lilac Time Scotch Broom) · C. x 'Minstead' (Minstead Scotch Broom) · C. 'Andreanus' (English Broom) · C. 'La Coquette' (Broom) · C. 'Lena' (Scotch Broom)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A garden diary, September 1899-September 1900 / by Emily Lawless. London: Methuen, 1901. url p. 201.
- A garden diary: September 1899-September 1900 / London: Methuen & Co., 1901. url .
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url p. 331.
- Alpine flowers and rock gardens illustrated in colour / described by Walter P. Wright; with notes on "Alpine plants at home", by William Graveson. London: Headley Brothers, 1911. url p. 280.
- Alpines and bog-plants / by Reginald Farrer. London, Arnold, 1908. url p. 109.
- An illustrated encyclopaedia of gardening, by Walter P. Wright London, J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.; url p. 37.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1900 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 351.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 216.
- Garden trees and shrubs illustrated in colour. By Walter P. Wright. London: Headley brothers,  url p. 177, p. 80.
- Gardening for amateurs; a simple, complete, and practical guide for garden lovers, edited by H. H. Thomas. Illustrated by twenty-four coloured plates and many hundreds of photographs and sketches. New York: Funk and Wagnalls company,  url p. 814.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- In a Gloucestershire garden. London: Arnold, 1896. url p. 162.
- International catalogue of scientific literature [Sect.] M. Botany: 1st -14th annual issues, 1901-1914. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1901-1919. url .
- Irish gardening. Dublin: Pub. Office, 1906-1922 url p. 76.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 20 1919 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 15, p. 161, p. 163.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 52.
- Plants for California landscapes: a catalog of drought tolerant plants. [Sacramento, Calif.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Water Resources,  url p. 56.
- Round the year in the garden; a descriptive guide to the flowers of the four seasons, and to the work of each month in the flower, friut and kitchen garden, by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with twelve direct colour photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke, and sixty-four half-tone plates. New York, Funk and Wagnalls company url p. 208.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 49, p. 527.
- Studies in gardening, by A. Clutton Brock; with preface and notes by Mrs. Francis King. .. New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1916. url p. 243.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 431.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 474, p. 59, p. 937.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement shown by existing examples of gardens in Great Britain and Ireland, followed by a description of the plants, shrubs, and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1911. url p. 528.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 707.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 13, p. 143, p. 16, p. 160, p. 200, p. 214, p. 218, p. 221, p. 238, p. 256, p. 267, p. 286, p. 299, p. 314, p. 315, p. 317, p. 319, p. 322, p. 345, p. 368, p. 39, p. 418, p. 459, p. 91.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 325, p. 325, p. 394, p. 394.
- The complete illustrated book of garden magic. Chicago, J.G. Ferguson Pub. Co. url p. 68, p. 70.
- The garden at home, by H. H. Thomas. .. with 12 full-page plates from photographs in natural colours and 96 half-tone illustrations. London, New York [etc.]Cassell and company, ltd., 1912. url p. 164.
- The identification of trees & shrubs; how to recognize, without previous knowledge of botany, wild or garden trees and shrubs native to the north temperate zone, with 2, 500 diagrams made by the author. New York, Dutton url p. 177, p. 49.
- The new gardening: a guide to the most recent developments in the culture of flowers, fruits, and vegetables, by Walter P. Wright. .. New York, Doubleday, Page and company, 1913. url p. 280.
- The planning & planting of little gardens, by George Dillstone, with notes and criticisms by Lawrence Weaver. London, "Country life, " ltd., 1920. url p. 60.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2699, p. 3587.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 43.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal January 28, 2008: