Common Names in English:
Habit: Shrub • Climbing: Not Climbing
Flowers: Flower Color: yellow
Size: 4-6' tall.
Culture: Space 10-12' apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b. (map)
Genista pedunculata decumbens (Durande)gams • Genista prostrata Lam. • Spartium decumbens Durande
Members of the genus Cytisus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 35 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
C. dallimorei (Dallimore's Spanishbroom) · C. decumbens (Prostrate Broom) · C. fontanesii (Bolina) · C. hirsutus (Broom) · C. monspessulana (French Broom Cytisus Monspessulana) · C. multiflorus (Escoba Blanca) · C. nigricans (Black Broom) · C. praecox (Warminster Broom) · C. praecox 'Hollandia' (Common Broom) · C. proliferus (Escabon) · C. purgans 'Spanish Gold' (Broom) · C. purpureus 'Atropurpureus' (Purple Broom) · C. scoparius (Amber Elf Dwarf Broom) · C. scoparius f. andreanus (Broom) · C. scoparius scoparius (European Broom) · C. scoparius scoparius var. scoparius (English Broom) · C. scoparius var. andreanus (English Broom) · C. scoparius 'Burkwoodii' (Burkwood Broom) · C. scoparius 'Firefly' (Scotch Broom) · C. scoparius 'Madame Butterfly' (Scotch Broom) · C. scoparius 'Moonlight' (Moonlight Scotch Broom) · C. striatus (Hairy-Fruited Broom) · C. villosus (Hairybroom) · C. x beanii (Dwarf Broom) · C. x dallimorei (Scotch Broom) · C. x kewensis (Kew Broom) · C. x praecox (Warminster Broom) · C. x praecox 'Allgold' (Allgold Broom) · C. × spachianus (Sweet Broom) · C. x 'Lena' (Lena Scotch Broom) · C. x 'Lilac Time' (Lilac Time Scotch Broom) · C. x 'Minstead' (Minstead Scotch Broom) · C. 'Andreanus' (English Broom) · C. 'La Coquette' (Broom) · C. 'Lena' (Scotch Broom)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- An encyclopaedia of trees and shrubs: being the Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum abridged: containing the hardy trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, by J. C. Loudon. London: F. Warne; 1869. url p. 223.
- Bulletin - Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, : Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station, 1907-1974. url p. 22, p. 79.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 728.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 442, p. 632.
- Garden trees and shrubs illustrated in colour. By Walter P. Wright. London: Headley brothers,  url p. 177.
- Gardens for small country houses, by Gertrude Jekyll & Lawrence Weaver. London, C. Scribner's sons1914. url p. 256.
- Johnson's Gardeners' dictionary and cultural instructor. London, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd. url p. 376.
- Rock gardens: how to make and maintain them, by Lewis B. Meredith, with an introduction by F.W. Moore. .. London, Williams & Norgate, 1910. url p. 374.
- Rock gardens; how to make and maintain them, by Lewis B. Meredith, with an introduction by F. W. Moore. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1914. url p. 379.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 289.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 350, p. 843.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement shown by existing examples of gardens in Great Britain and Ireland, followed by a description of the plants, shrubs, and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. London: J. Murray, 1911. url p. 527.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 149, p. 159, p. 16, p. 230, p. 243, p. 247, p. 340, p. 388, p. 407, p. 425, p. 482, p. 491, p. 512, p. 530, p. 562, p. 608, p. 93.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 124, p. 231, p. 295, p. 384, p. 640, p. 766, p. 818.
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 71.
- The flora of the Alps: being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. New York: Truslove & Comba, 1898. url p. 71.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, by Alfred W. Bennett. .. London, Nimmo, 1900. url p. 71.
- The new gardening: a guide to the most recent developments in the culture of flowers, fruits, and vegetables, by Walter P. Wright. .. New York, Doubleday, Page and company, 1913. url p. 280.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1323.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 445.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 414.
- Trees and shrubs: an abridgment of the Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum: containing the hardy trees and schrubs of Britain, native and foreign, scientifically and popularly described: with their propagation, cultu London: F. Warne & Co.; 1875. url .
- Trees and shrubs; an abridgment of the Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum: containing the hardy trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture LondonF. Warne1875 url p. 223.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed January 24, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from provider.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal January 27, 2008:
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Observations du Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien.
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Univ. Herbarium SALAMANCA: SALA
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum