Common Names in English:
, or herbs, deciduous or evergreen
. Stems erect
, or creeping
. Buds usually with several exposed scales
, sometimes with only 2. Leaves alternate, rarely opposite, simple
; stipules paired
, rarely absent, persistent
or deciduous; petiole usually 2-glandular apically; leaf blade
often serrate at margin
, rarely entire. Inflorescences various, from single flowers to umbellate
, racemose or cymose-paniculate. Flowers usually actinomorphic
, rarely unisexual
and then plants
dioecious. Hypanthium (formed from basal parts of sepals, petals, and stamens) free from or adnate to ovary, short or elongate
. Sepals usually 5, rarely fewer or more, imbricate; epicalyx
segments sometimes also present. Petals as many as sepals, inserted
below margin of disk, free, imbricate, sometimes absent. Disk lining hypanthium, usually entire, rarely lobed
. Stamens usually numerous
, rarely few, always in a complete
at margin of or above disk; filaments
usually free, very rarely connate
, rarely elongate, 2-locular. Carpels 1 to many, free, or ± connate and then adnate to inner surface of cupular receptacle; ovary inferior, semi-inferior, or superior; ovules usually 2 in each carpel, rarely 1 or several, anatropous
. Styles as many as carpels, terminal
, or basal, free or sometimes connate. Fruit a follicle, pome, achene, or drupe, rarely a capsule, naked or enclosed in persistent hypanthium and sometimes also by sepals. Seeds erect or pendulous, sometimes winged
, usually exalbuminous
, very rarely with thin endosperm; cotyledons mostly fleshy
abaxially, rarely folded or convolute.
Between 95 and 125 genera and 2825-3500 species: cosmopolitan , mostly in N temperate zone; 55 genera (two endemic) and 950 species (546 endemic) in China.
Many plants of this family are of economic importance and contribute to people s livelihoods. The Rosaceae contain a great number of fruit trees of temperate regions . The fruits contain vitamins, acids, and sugars and can be used both raw and for making preserves, jam, jelly, candy, various drinks, wine, vinegar, etc. The dried fruits of the genera
Amygdalus and Armeniaca are of high commercial value. Some plants in the genus Rosa containing essential oils or with a high vitamin content are used in industry . Rosaceae wood is used for making various articles, stems and roots are used for making tannin extract, and young leaves are used as a substitute for tea. Numerous species are used for medical purposes or are cultivated as ornamentals .
The Rosaceae are very well represented in China, with great economic and scientific importance. The Co-chairs of the Editorial Committee (Wu and Raven) here note that the patterns of relationship are complex and the group is taxonomically difficult. 
, or small trees
, deciduous, rarely evergreen
, rarely unarmed
; buds ovoid
or subglobose. Leaves simple
serrate and lobed
or partite, rarely entire. Inflorescences corymbose
, sometimes flowers solitary. Hypanthium campanulate
. Sepals 5. Petals 5, white, rarely pinkish. Stamens 5-25; carpels 1-5, connate
, but free
apically. Ovary inferior or semi-inferior, with 2 ovules per locule, but one rudimentary
. Fruit a pome, with persistent
sepals at apex; carpels bony when mature
, each locule with 1 seed; seed erect, cotyledons plano-convex
At least 1000 species: N temperate regions , especially abundant in North America; 18 species (ten endemic) in China.
Habit: Tree , Shrub
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 728 meters (0 to 2,388 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Crataegus acclivis Sarg. • Crataegus delecta Sarg. • Crataegus pedicellata Sarg. • Crataegus uticaensis Sarg.
Name Status: Accepted Name .
Members of the genus Crataegus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 243 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
C. aemula (Rome Hawthorn) · C. aestivalis (Apple Hawthorn) · C. aestivalis var. cerasoides (Eastern Mayhaw) · C. aestivalis var. dormonae (Eastern Mayhaw) · C. aestivalis var. maloides (Eastern Mayhaw) · C. ambigua (Russian Hawthorn) · C. ambitiosa (Grand Rapids Hawthorn) · C. anamesa (Fort Bend Hawthorn) · C. ancisa (Mississippi Hawthorn) · C. annosa (Phoenix City Hawthorn) · C. anomala (Anomalous Hawthorn) · C. apiomorpha (Fort Sheridan Hawthorn) · C. arborea (Montgomery Hawthorn) · C. arcana (Carolina Hawthorn) · C. arnoldiana (Arnold Hawthorn) · C. arrogans (Dixie Hawthorn) · C. ater (Nashville Hawthorn) · C. austromontana (Valley Head Hawthorn) · C. azarolus (Azarole) · C. azarolus var. pontica (Mediterranean-Medlar) · C. beadlei (Beadle's Hawthorn) · C. beata (Dunbar's Hawthorn) · C. berberifolia (Barberry Hawthorn) · C. bona (Berks County Hawthorn) · C. brachyacantha (Blue Haw) · C. brainerdii (Brainerd Hawthorn) · C. brazoria (Brazos Hawthorn) · C. brevipes (Hawthorn) · C. calpodendron (Pear Hawthorn) · C. canadensis (Canadian Hawthorn) · C. carrollensis (Eureka Springs Hawthorn) · C. coccinea (Scarlet Hawthorn) · C. coccinioides (Kansas Haswthorn) · C. coccinioides var. corallicola (Kansas Haswthorn) · C. coccinioides var. pottsii (Kansas Haswthorn) · C. coleae (Cole's Hawthorn) · C. columbiana (Columbian Hawthorn) · C. compacta (Clustered Hawthorn) · C. compta (Adorned Hawthorn) · C. condigna (River Junction Hawthorn) · C. consanguinea (Tallahassee Hawthorn) · C. contrita (Southern Hawthorn) · C. corusca (Shiningbranch Hawthorn) · C. crus-galli (Cockspur Hawthorn) · C. crus-galli var. inermis (Thornless Cockspur Hawthorn) · C. crusgalli (Clarkton Hawthorn) · C. cuneata (Nippon Hawthorn) · C. dallasiana (Dallas Hawthorn) · C. densiflora (Denseflower Hawthorn) · C. desueta (New York Hawthorn) · C. dilatata (A Hawthorn) · C. dispar (Aiken Hawthorn) · C. disperma (Spreading Hawthorn) · C. dispessa (Mink Hawthorn) · C. dissona (Northern Hawthorn) · C. distincta (Distinct Hawthorn) · C. dodgei (Dodge's Hawthorn) · C. douglasii (Black Haw) · C. douglasii var. douglasii (Black Hawthorn) · C. douglasii var. duchesnensis (Duchesne Black Hawthorn) · C. engelmannii (Engelmann's Hawthorn) · C. erythrocarpa (Red Hawthorn) · C. erythropoda (Cerro Hawthorn) · C. exilis (Slender Hawthorn) · C. extraria (Marietta Hawthorn) · C. flabellata (Fanleaf Hawthorn) · C. flava (Summer Haw) · C. flava var. integra (Yellowfruit-Thorn) · C. flava 'Upright' (Upright Yellow Hawthorne) · C. fragilis (Fragile Hawthorn) · C. fulleriana (Fuller's Hawthorn) · C. furtiva (Albany Hawthorn) · C. glareosa (Port Huron Hawthorn) · C. grandis (Grand Hawthorn) · C. greggiana (Gregg Hawthorn) · C. haemacarpa (Hawthorn) · C. harbisonii (Harbison Hawthorn) · C. harveyana (Harvey's Hawthorn) · C. holmesiana (Holmes' Hawthorn) · C. hudsonica (Hudson Hawthorn) · C. ideae (Concord Hawthorn) · C. ignave (Bedford Springs Hawthorn) · C. immanis (Hawthorn) · C. impar (Redclay Hawthorn) · C. inanis (Oldmaid Hawthorn) · C. incaedua (Hawthorn) · C. indicens (Mansfield Hawthorn) · C. insidiosa (Ozark Hawthorn) · C. integra (Lake Ella Hawthorn) · C. intricata (Biltmore Hawthorn) · C. invicta (Fulton Hawthorn) · C. iracunda (Stolonbearing Hawthorn) · C. irrasa (Blanchard Hawthorn) · C. jesupii (Jesup's Hawthorn) · C. jonesiae (Miss Jones Hawthorn) · C. kelloggii (Kellogg Hawthorn) · C. kennedyi (Kennedy's Hawthorn) · C. kingstonensis (Kingston's Hawthorn) · C. knieskerniana (Knieskern's Hawthorn) · C. laciniata (Oriental Hawthorn)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 97.
- A catalogue of the Coccidæ of the world. [By] Mrs. Maria E. Fernald, A.M. Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1903. url p. 72.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and higher cryptogams, both native and introduced, found within about thirty miles of Hanover, N. H., including a few cultivated species, to which is appended a list of vertebrate animals of the same region. By Henry Jesup. [Hanover?]Printed for the Author, 1891. url p. 13.
- A catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Worcester County, Masachusetts. Worcester: [Franklin P. Rice]1894. url p. 71.
- A catalogue of the plants found in New Bedford and its vicinity: arranged according to the season of their flowering / by E.W. Hervey. New Bedford, Mass.: Press of E. Anthony, 1860. url p. 12.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 243, p. 244.
- A class-book of botany; designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. .. illustrated by a flora of the northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the capitol, lat. 38 3/4 o. Boston, Crocker & Brewster, 1849. url p. 244.
- A compendium of the flora of the northern and middle states, containing generic and specific descriptions of all the plants, exclusive of the cryptogamia, hitherto found in the United States, north of the Potomac. New York, S. B. Collins, 1826. url p. 201.
- A complete dictionary of practical gardening: comprehending all the modern improvements in the art; whether in the raising of the various esculent vegetables, or in the forcing and managing of different sorts of fruits and plants, and that of lay By Alexander McDonald [pseud.] London, 1807. url .
- A contribution to the knowledge of the flora of southeastern Minnesota. [Boston, Heliotype Print. Co.]1900. url p. 391.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 9.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 226, p. 293.
- A guide to the trees / by Alice Lounsberry...with sixty-four coloured and one hundred and sixty-four black-and-white plates and fifty diagrams, by Mrs. Ellis Rowan...with and introduction by Dr. N. L. Britton. New York: Frederick A. Stokes Company Publishers, [c1900] url p. 308.
- A guide to the trees; with sxity-four coloured and one hundred and sixty-four black-and-white plates and fifty-five diagrams, New YorkF.A. Stokes[c1900] url p. 308, p. xi.
- A guide to the wild flowers Toronto: McLelland, Goodchild & Steward, c1899. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers by Alice Lounsberry; with sixty four coloured and one hundred black-and-white plates and fifty-four diagrams by Ellis Rowan; with an introduction by N.L. Britton. Toronto: W. Briggs, c1899. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers, by Alice Lounsberry. With sixty-four coloured and one hundred black-and-white plates and fifty-four diagrams by Mrs. Ellis Rowan; with an introduction by Dr. N.L. Britton... New York, Frederick A. Stokes company url p. 467.
- A history of the game birds, wild-fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states: including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre Boston: Wright & Potter printing company, state printers, 1912. url p. 587, p. 587.
- A key to the spring flora of Manhattan. Manhattan, Kans., Mercury Pub. House, 1894. url p. 21.
- A monographic rearrangement of Lophodermium, Urbana, Ill., University of Illinois, 1935 url p. 76.
- A partial list of plants available for various uses in general landscape planting, comp. by Albert D. Taylor. Cleveland, A.D. Taylor, c1916 url p. 24, p. 24, p. 9, p. 9.
- A practical guide to garden plants, containing descriptions of the hardiest and most beautiful annuals and biennials, hardy herbaceous and bulbous perennials, hardy water and bog plants, flowering and ornamental trees and shrubs, conife London;Longmans, Green, 1901. url , p. 408.
- A practical handbook of trees, shrubs, vines and herbaceous perennials, by John Kirkegaard. Boston, Williams Bookstores Co., 1916. url p. 392.
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 48.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 39.
- A spring flora for high schools, New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1915] url .
- A spring flora for high schools, by Henry C. Cowles. .. and John G. Coulter. .. New York, American book company[c1915] url p. 78.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 114, p. 201, p. 30, p. 499, p. 59, p. 6, p. 77.
- Agriculture of North Carolina, part II: containing a statement of the principles of the science upon which the practices of agriculture as an art are founded / by Ebenezer Emmons. Raleigh: W.W. Holden, Printer to the State, 1860. url p. 82.
- Allegany County. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, 1900. url p. 269.
- American forest trees, by Henry H. Gibson; ed. by Hu Maxwell. Chicago, Hardwood record, 1913. url , p. 12.
- American forest trees; edited by Hu Maxwell. ChicagoHardwood Record1913 url .
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 716.
- An historical, geographical, commercial, and philosophical view of the United States of America, and of the European settlements in America and the West-Indies / by W. Winterbotham. New-York: Printed by Tiebout and O'Brien, for J. Reid, 1796. url p. 389.
- An historical, topographical, and statistical view of the United States of America: from the earliest period to the present time / by the Rev. William Winterbotham and others. London: J. Ridgway, 1819. url p. 392.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 307, p. 317, p. 317, p. 319.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 331.
- An introduction to the study of landscape design [by] Henry Vincent Hubbard and Theodora Kimball. New York, The Macmillan Company, [c1929] url p. 431.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 48.
- Anniversary memoirs of the Boston society of natural history; pub. in celebration of the fiftieth anniversary of the Society's foundation. 1830-1880. Boston, The Society, 1880. url p. 30.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 417, p. 425.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 10, p. 108, p. 13, p. 131, p. 16, p. 65, p. 72, p. 83.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 110, p. 172.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 112, p. 263, p. 48.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 31, p. 90.
- Annual report of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society. Minneapolis: The Society, 1883-1898. url p. 6.
- Annual report of the Nebraska State Horticultural Society. Lincoln, Neb.: The Society. url p. 155, p. 155, p. 260.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 155, p. 258, p. 258, p. 359, p. 44.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 280, p. 624, p. 85, p. 89.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 175, p. 446, p. 51.
- Annual report of the State Horticultural Society of Missouri. Jefferson City, Mo.: The Society, 1894- url p. 375.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 37, p. 45, p. 66, p. 79, p. 80.
- Annual report upon explorations and surveys in the department of the Missouri / Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1878. url p. 1841.
- Annual wholesale catalogue of American trees, shrubs, plants and seeds: cultivated and for sale at the Linn©an Botanic Garden and Nurseries, near New-York / William Prince & Sons, proprietors. New York: s.n., 1832 url p. 178.
- Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London: Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url .
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 11 - 20 1929 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 45.
- Beautiful and rare trees & plants. London, C. Scribner's Sons[pref. 1903] url .
- Beautiful gardens: how to make and maintain them / by Walter P. Wright. -- London; Cassell and company, 1909. url p. 98.
- Beautiful home surroundings / Framingham Nurseries. Framingham, Mass.: Framingham Nurseries, 1921. url p. 42.
- Beautiful home surroundings. Framingham, Mass., Framingham nurseries, c1918 url p. 42.
- Bibliographical index to North American botany; or, Citations of authorities for all the recorded indigenous and naturalized species of the flora of North America, with a chronological arrangement of the synonymy. by Sereno Watson. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1878. url p. 276, p. 279, p. 289, p. 293.
- Botanical survey of Nebraska. Conducted by the Botanical Seminar. I-VII. Lincoln, Neb., 1892-1904. url .
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 739, p. 826, p. 884.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 31 1942 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 21.
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url .
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 10, p. 110, p. 172, p. 246, p. 624, p. 64, p. 93.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 146, p. 147, p. 160, p. 471, p. 79.
- Bulletin / Hatch Experiment Station of the Massachusetts Agricultural College. [S.l.: s.n.], 1888- url p. 72.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 187.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 131.
- Bulletin / University of Montana. Missoula: University of Montana, 1901-1910. url p. 36.
- Bulletin Harrisburg, Pa.: The Department, - url , .
- Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History. New YorkAmerican Museum of Natural History1881- url p. 306.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 209, p. 209, p. 249.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 7 1909-1911 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 415, p. 416, p. 468.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 7 1880 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 121, p. 347, p. 4, p. 460, p. 91.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 7.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 12, p. 35.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 17, p. 21, p. 62, p. 9.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 84.
- Bulletin. [Orono.] url p. 263, p. 48.
- Bulletin: report of Agricultural Experiment Station, Agricultural and Mechanical College, Auburn, Ala. Auburn, Ala.: The Station, [1888-1903] url p. 296.
- Calvert county. Baltimore, The Johns Hopkins Press, 1907. url p. 217.
- Canadian trees worth knowing. Toronto, Musson url p. 285.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 188, p. 379.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 187.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 1841.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 819.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 227, p. 230.
- Catalogue of the phanerogams and ferns of Licking County, Ohio. Granville, Ohio, Press of Granville Times, 1892. url .
- Catalogue of the trees and shrubs in the arboretum and botanic garden at the Central Experimental Farm, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada by Wm. Saunders and W.T. Macoun. Ottawa: Govt. Print. Bureau, 1899. url .
- Charles Eliot, landscape architect: a lover of nature and of his kind, who trained himself for a new profession, practised it happily and through it wrought much good. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, c1902. url p. 179, p. 276.
- Check list of the forest trees of the United States: their names and ranges / by George B. Sudworth. Washington, D.C.: Dept. of Agriculture, Forestry Division, 1898. url p. 116, p. 137, p. 141, p. 72.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: The Bureau, 1904-1913. url p. 7.
- Colour in my garden, by Louise Beebe Wilder. Illustrated in colour, by Anna Winegar. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1918. url p. 356.
- Commercial plant propagation; an exposition of the art and science of increasing plants as practiced by the nurseryman, florist and gardener, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, A. T. De La Mare Company, 1918. url p. 150.
- Common trees of Ohio: a handy pocket manual of the common and introduced trees of Ohio / by Joseph S. Illick, in cooperation with Edmund Secrest. Washington, D. C.: The American Tree Association, 1927. url p. 77.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 1 1835 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 25.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 51, p. 634.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 3 1892-1896 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 158, p. 179, p. 205, p. 528, p. 547, p. 550.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 23 2001 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 313.
- Contributions to horticultural literature; being a selection of articles written for gardening periodicals, and papers read before various societies from 1843 to 1892. In three parts. Waltham Cross, Herts., W. Paul & Son, 1892. url p. 288.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 69.
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 112, p. 115, p. 174, p. 175, p. 65.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 62 1835 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url .
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 397.
- Edwards's botanical register. 23 1837 London: James Ridgway, 1829-1847. url , p. 1957.
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Entomologica Americana. [Lawrence, Kan., etc.]New York Entomological Society [etc.] url p. 75.
- Entomological news, and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia[Entomological Rooms of the Academy of Natural Sciences] url p. 6, p. 6.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 185, p. 186.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 23.
- Familiar features of the roadside; the flowers, shrubs, birds, and insects. New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1897. url .
- Familiar trees and their leaves / described and illustrated by F. Schuyler Mathews; with illustrations in colors and over two hundred drawings by the author, and an introduction by L.H. Bailey. New York: D. Appleton, 1901. url p. 309.
- Familiar trees and their leaves, described and illustrated by F. Schuyler Mathews, with illus. in colors and over two hundred drawings by the author, and an introd. by L.H. Bailey. Ed. in colors. 1911 New YorkD. Appleton1911 url p. 323, p. 331.
- Farmers' bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1889- url p. 9.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 2.
- Field manual of trees; including southern Canada and the northern United States to the southern boundary of Virginia, Kentucky and Missouri, westward to the limits of the prairie, by John H. Schaffner. Columbus, Ohio, R. G. Adams, 1922. url p. 73.
- Fifth report of the United States Entomological Commission, being a revised and enlarged edition of Bulletin no. 7, on insects injurious to forest and shade trees. By Alpheus S. Packard. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1890. url p. 537.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 47.
- Flora of Ann Arbor and vicinity. Ann Arbor, [Mich.]: Courier Steam Print. House, 1876. url p. 94.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 548.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 155.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url , .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 176.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 211.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of Worcester County; a catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Worcester County, Masachusetts. Worcester, 1894. url p. 71.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 179.
- Flora of the Miami Valley, Ohio /c by A.P. Morgan. Dayton, Ohio: Literary Union, 1878. url p. 18.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url .
- Florula Bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 206.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 206.
- Florula cestrica: an essay towards a catalogue of the phænogamous plants, native and naturalized, growing in the vicinity of the borough of West-Chester, in Chester County, Pennsylvania; to which is subjoined an appen by William Darlington. West-Chester, Penn.: Printed for the author by S. Siegfried, 1826. url .
- Flowers and ferns in their haunts, by Mabel Osgood Wright with illustrations from photographs by the author and J. Horace McFarland. London, The Macmillan company, 1901. url p. 463.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 166.
- Forest leaves. Philadelphia: Pennsylvania Forestry Association, 1886-1950. url .
- Forestry in Minnesota, Delano [Minn.]The Eagle printing co., 1898. url p. 245.
- Forestry in Minnesota. Delano, [Minn.]: Eagle printing, 1898. url p. 245.
- Forestry in Minnesota. St. Paul, Minn., Pioneer press company, 1902. url p. 172, p. 172.
- Foundations of botany, Boston, Ginn & Co., 1901. url .
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , , p. 116, p. 189, p. 246, p. 347, p. 367, p. 393, p. 424, p. 504.
- Garden guide, the amateur gardeners' handbook; how to plan, plant and maintain the home grounds, the suburban garden, the city lot. How to grow good vegetables and fruit. How to care for roses and other favorite flowers, hardy plants, trees, shrub New York, A. T. De La Mare company, inc.[c1917] url .
- Garden guide; the amateur gardeners' handbook. Profusely illustrated with over 275 teaching plans and diagrams and reproduced photographs, all made expressly for this standard text book. Edited by A. T. De La Mare. New York, A. T. De La Mare[c1920] url p. 59.
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 147, p. 168, p. 275.
- General index to the reports and bulletins of the experimental farms of the Dominion of Canada, 1887-1901. Ottawa, Printed by S.E. Dawson, printer to the King's Most excellent Majesty, 1902. url p. 55.
- Gray's Botanical text-book New York, Ivison, 1879-1885. url p. 201.
- Gray's Botanical text-book. New York: American Book Company, c1879. url p. 201.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 109, p. 451.
- Hand-list of trees and shrubs, excluding Coniferae, grown in Arboretum. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1902 url p. 327.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and New Castle County, Delaware, with keys for identification comp. by Ida A. Keller and Stewardson Brown. Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url p. 190.
- Handbook of the trees of New England, with ranges throughout the United States and Canada, by Lorin L. Dame and Henry Brooks; plates from original drawings by Elizabeth Gleason Bigelow. Boston, Ginn[c1901] url , , , p. 118, p. 118, p. 119, p. 194.
- Handbook of the trees of the northern states and Canada east of the Rocky Mountains. Photo-descriptive. Lowville, N.Y., 1921 [c1907] url p. 253.
- Hardwood record. Chicago: Hardwood Co., 1902-1939. url p. 25.
- Hardy ornamental flowering trees and shrubs. London, Smith, Elder, 1908. url .
- History of Vermont, natural, civil and statistical, in three parts, with a new map of the state, and 200 engravings. Burlington, C. Goodrich, 1842. url p. 174.
- History of Vermont, natural, civil, and statistical, in three parts, with a new map of the state, and 200 engravings. By Zadock Thompson. Burlington, Pub. for the author, by C. Goodrich, 1842. url p. 347.
- History of the town of Hingham, Massachusetts: in three volumes. [Hingham, Mass.]: Published by the town, 1893 url p. 144.
- Horticultural register, and gardener's magazine. Boston, G. D. Barrett [etc.] url p. 51.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 663, p. 665.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs William Starr Dana. New York: Scribner's, 1893. url p. 334.
- How to know wild fruits; a guide to plants when not in flower by means of fruit and leaf; by Mary Elisabeth Herbert. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url p. 75.
- How to plan the home grounds, by S. Parsons, jr.... With illustrations drawn by W. E. Spader... New York, Doubleday & McClure co., 1899. url p. 120, p. 196.
- How to plan the home grounds; New York:Doubleday & McClure Co., 1899. url , .
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 168, p. 178.
- Illustrated key to the wild and commonly cultivated trees of the northeastern United States and adjacent Canada; based primarily upon leaf characters, New YorkHolt1912 url p. 110.
- Injurious and beneficial insects of California. / By E. O. Essig. Sacramento, California state printing office, 1915 url p. 76.
- Introduction to botany / by William Chase Stevens. Boston: D.C. Heath & Co., 1902. url , p. 64.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 49.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 482.
- Journal of mycology. Manhattan, Kan.: [s.n.], 1885-1908. url p. 23, p. 26.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 74, p. 74.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 159, p. 161, p. 46, p. 49, p. 90, p. 95.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 19 1918 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 224, p. 329, p. 36.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 748.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 335.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 335.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 335, p. 467.
- Landscape gardening; treatise on the general principles governing outdoor art; with sundry suggestions for their application in the commoner problems of gardening, by F. A. Waugh. New York, O. Judd, 1899. url p. 112.
- Letters on the elements of botany: addressed to a lady / by the celebrated J.J. Rousseau; translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London: Printed for B. White and Son, 1791. url p. 290.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 183.
- Making the grounds attractive with shrubbery, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1912. url p. 40.
- Manual of gardening; a practical guide to the making of home grounds and the growing of flowers, fruits, and vegetables for home use, New York, The Macmillan Company, 1917. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 521.
- Manual of the trees of North America (exclusive of Mexico) by Charles Sprague Sargent, with seven hundred and eighty-three illustrations from drawings by Charles Edward Faxon and Mary W. Gill. Boston and New York, Houghton Mifflin company, 1922. url p. 902.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , p. 31, p. 39.
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 1053, p. 1064, p. 1082, p. 1094.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 52.
- Memoirs of the National Academy of Sciences. Washington, D. C.: Government Printing Office, 1866- url .
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 227, p. 227, p. 228, p. 228.
- Memoirs of the Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture: containing communications on various subjects in husbandry and rural affairs. [Philadelphia: Johnson & Warner].1808- url .
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 9 1900 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 228, p. 269, p. 31.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 31, p. 31, p. 90.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url p. 1056, p. 391, p. 391, p. 584.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 108, p. 72.
- Museum bulletin / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 131.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 116, p. 120.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 221, p. 221.
- Nature's garden: With many color illustrations. Garden City, N. Y., : Garden City Pub. Co., [c1900] url .
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors / text by Neltje Blanchan; with colored plates and many other illustratins potographed directly form nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1900. url p. 207.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 207.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 64, p. 80.
- New book of flowers / New York: Orange Judd & Company, c1866 url .
- New-England's rarities discovered in birds, beasts, fishes, serpents, and plants of that country. / By John Josselyn, gent.; With an introduction and notes by Edward Tuckerman, M.A. Boston: William Veazie, 1865. url p. 93.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 421.
- On the crustacea and echinodermata of the Pacific shores of North America. Boston, Boston Society of Natural History, 1857 url p. 547.
- Orchard and garden; Indianapolis, Federal publishing company, 1918. url p. 336.
- Our native trees and how to identify them; a popular study of their habits and their peculiarities, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1917. url .
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 278.
- Pamphlets on forest utilization. [1900?- url .
- Pamphlets on forestry in Maryland. [1900?- url p. 269, p. 303.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Minnesota. [1900?- url p. 245.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Montana. [1900?- url p. 20, p. 43.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Pennsylvania. [1900?- url p. 171.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 22, p. 29, p. 39, p. 40.
- Parasitic fungi of Illinois / by T.J. Burrill. Peoria, Ill.: J. W. Franks, 1885-1887. url .
- Pennsylvania trees / by J.S. Illick. Harrisburg., Pa.: W. S. Ray, State Printer, 1915. url p. 171, p. 226.
- Pennsylvania trees. Harrisburg, Pa.W.S. Ray, State Printer1914 url p. 171.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 495, p. 768.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 131, p. 253, p. 424, p. 80.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 271, p. 32, p. 39, p. 42, p. 50, p. 54, p. 59, p. 64, p. 67, p. 68, p. 71, p. 74, p. 85, p. 91.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., 1900. url p. 152.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 379.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 546, p. 547, p. 61, p. 91.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url , .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 82, p. 99.
- Plantae Lindheimerianae: an enumeration of F. Lindheimer's collection of Texan plants, with remarks and descriptions of new species, etc. / by George Engelmann and Asa Gray. Boston: Printed by Freeman and Bolles, 1845- url p. 186, p. 211.
- Plants of Rhode Island: being an enumeration of plants growing without cultivation in the State of Rhode Island / by James L. Bennett. Providence: Providence Press, 1888. url p. 125, p. 125.
- Practical forestry. A treatise on the propagation, planting, and cultivation, with a description, and the botanical and popular names of all the indigenous trees of the United States. By Andrew S. Fuller. New York: Orange Judd company,  url p. 288.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits by George Lincoln Walton. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 169, p. 206, p. 91.
- Prince George's County. Baltimore, The Johns Hopkins Press, 1911. url p. 234.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 200, p. 200, p. 222, p. 631, p. 631.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 115, p. 87, p. 87.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 93, p. 96, p. 96.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 157, p. 300.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 13, p. 17.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 174, p. 174, p. 326, p. 445, p. 56.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 674.
- Psyche. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Entomological Club url p. 102, p. 36, p. 38.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 102, p. 66, p. 79.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , , , , , .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 130, p. 208, p. 212.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , , p. 10, p. 108, p. 110, p. 13, p. 16, p. 172, p. 64, p. 72.
- Report of the State Entomologist on injurious and other insects of the state of New York. Albany: Weed, Parsons and Co.; University of the State of New York, 1882- url p. 314.
- Report of the United States Entomological Commission. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1878-90. url p. 401.
- Report of the flora of Westchester County. Prepared for Bolton's History of the County. New YorkRoper & Burdge, 1880? url p. 786.
- Report on forest conditions in Delaware and a forest policy for the state / by W.D. Sterrett. Newark, Del.: Delaware College Agricultural Experiment Station, 1908. url p. 23.
- Report on the botany of Barren and Edmonson counties. Frankfort, 1876 url .
- Report on the forests of North America (exclusive of Mexico) / by Charles S. Sargent. Washington [D.C.]: G.P.O., 1884. url p. 77, p. 78, p. 79.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 43.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 132, p. 270, p. 308, p. 374, p. 392, p. 439, p. 55, p. 75.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 288, p. 391, p. 584, p. 682, p. 683, p. 739.
- Roosevelt wild life bulletin. .. of the Roosevelt Life Forest Experiment Station of the New York College of Forestry at Syracuse University. Syracuse, N.Y.: The University, c1922- url p. 277.
- Round the year in the garden; a descriptive guide to the flowers of the four seasons, and to the work of each month in the flower, friut and kitchen garden, by H. H. Thomas. .. Beautifully illustrated with twelve direct colour photographs by H. Essenhigh Corke, and sixty-four half-tone plates. New York, Funk and Wagnalls company url p. 71, p. 97.
- Science studies, v.1, no. 1-3. Bozeman, Mont.1905. url p. 124, p. 132.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 176, p. 584, p. 972.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: C. Troedel and Co., 1891. url p. 565.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 91.
- Select plants (exclusive of timber trees) readily eligible for Victorian industrial culture with indications of their native countries and some of their uses; an enumeration / offered by Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: s.n., 1872 url p. 39.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url .
- Sketch of the North-West of America by Mgr. Taché; translated from the French by D.R. Cameron. [Montreal?: s.n.], 1870 url .
- Sketches of the physical geography and geology of Nebraska. [n.p.]Daily Republican Book and Job Office[c1880] url p. 93.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 15 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 289, p. 293.
- South Carolina. Resources and population. Institutions and industries. Pub. by the State Board of Agriculture of South Carolina. Charleston, S.C.: Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1883. url p. 322.
- Southern wild flowers and trees, together with shrubs, vines and various forms of growth found through the mountains, the middle district and the low country of the South, by Alice Lounsberry, with plates, vignettes and diagrams by Mrs. E. Rowan, with an introduction by C. D. Beadle. New York, Stokes url p. 250.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 155.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 102, p. 196.
- Stout manual training school; a handbook for planning and planting small home grounds. .. with a list of native and commonly cultivated plants that are represented in the collection upon the Stout manual training school grounds. Menomonie, Wis., Stout manual training school, 1899. url p. 63, p. 69.
- Strolls by starlight and sunshine; New York, Harper & brothers, 1890. url .
- Structural botany, or Organography on the basis of morphology. To which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. Chicago, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and company,  url .
- Structural botany, or, Organography on the basis of morphology. To which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. New York: American Book Compnay,  url p. 201.
- Structural botany: or, organography on the basis of morphology: to which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms / by Asa Gray. London: Macmillan and Co., [c1879] url p. 201.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 197.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 125, p. 91.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1212, p. 928.
- The American handbook of ornamental trees By Thomas Meehan Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo, and co., 1853 url p. 247, p. 247.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 267, p. 290, p. 313.
- The American journal of science. 48 1845 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 290, p. 313, p. 378.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 101, p. 278.
- The American woods: exhibited by actual specimens and with copious explanatory text / by Romeyn B. Hough. Lowville, N.Y.: Pub., and sections prepared by the author, 1910, c1888 url , p. 12, p. 13, p. 17, p. 3, p. 58, p. 62.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 322.
- The Book of gardening; a handbook of horticulture. London, C. Scribner's Sons, 1900. url , .
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 261, p. 383, p. 421.
- The Buprestidae of North America, exclusive of Mexico, a catalogue including synonomy, bibliography, distribution, type locality and hosts of each species, by W. J. Chamberlin. Eugene, Or., c1926 url p. 92.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 110, p. 110, p. 26.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 113, p. 117, p. 212, p. 50.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 293.
- The Canadian journal; a repertory of industry, science, and art; and a record of the proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Published by H. Scobie for the Council of the Canadian Institute. url p. 222.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 105.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url , , p. 371.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 29.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url , , , p. 103, p. 1157, p. 1177, p. 1206, p. 363, p. 369, p. 383, p. 408, p. 461, p. 463, p. 569, p. 621, p. 693, p. 733, p. 735, p. 751, p. 77, p. 811, p. 833.
- The Forest club annual. LincolnUniversity of Nebraska url p. 27, p. 27.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , p. 112, p. 143, p. 145, p. 213, p. 258, p. 296, p. 306, p. 374, p. 412, p. 432, p. 446, p. 457, p. 462, p. 467, p. 472, p. 500, p. 503, p. 530, p. 534, p. 567, p. 608, p. 641, p. 82, p. 96.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 116, p. 116, p. 196, p. 196, p. 323.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 972.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 119, p. 135, p. 152, p. 16, p. 202, p. 21, p. 215, p. 216, p. 222, p. 232, p. 240, p. 240, p. 244, p. 246, p. 28, p. 280, p. 287, p. 288, p. 295, p. 296, p. 300, p. 310, p. 316, p. 317, p. 320, p. 320, p. 336, p. 336, p. 336, p. 347, p. 352, p. 352, p. 360, p. 368, p. 368, p. 368, p. 379, p. 388, p. 388, p. 392, p. 400, p. 413, p. 414, p. 428, p. 456, p. 462, p. 473, p. 60, p. 600, p. 610, p. 627, p. 631, p. 675, p. 696, p. 728, p. 730, p. 742, p. 811, p. 827, p. 88, p. 91.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 452.
- The Journal of geology. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1893- url p. 345.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 267, p. 267, p. 274, p. 274.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url , p. 232, p. 320, p. 414.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 115, p. 155, p. 184.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 288, p. 682, p. 683.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 288, p. 682, p. 683, p. 779.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892 [c1890] url .
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 181, p. 212, p. 470.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 104.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 690.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 385, p. 505.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 115, p. 207, p. 339, p. 99.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 124.
- The San José scale (Aspidiotus perniciosus, Comst.) and methods of treatment. A. E. Stene. Joint bulletin of the State board of agriculture and Extension department of the Rhode Island college of agriculture and mechanic arts. 1908. Providence, 1908 url p. 27.
- The Tennessee flora; with special reference to the flora of Nashville. Phænogams and vascular cryptogams. By August Gattinger. Nashville, Tenn.The author, 1887. url p. 40.
- The Universal herbal; or, Botanical, medical, and agricultural dictionary; containing an account of all the known plants in the world, arranged according to the Linnean system. Specifying the uses to which they are or may be applied, whether as food, as medicine, or in the a London, Caxton Press url p. 861.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 236, p. 236, p. 256, p. 256, p. 266, p. 274, p. 274.
- The art of beautifying suburban home grounds of small extent. New York, D. Appleton & company, 1873. url p. 442.
- The birds of the Lake St. Martin region, Manitoba / [Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum of Zoology], 1937. url p. 3.
- The blossom circle of the year in southern gardens, New York, N.Y., A. T. De La Mare company, inc., 1922. url p. 198.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 118.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 92.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url , p. 124, p. 124, p. 166, p. 166, p. 186, p. 191, p. 191, p. 313, p. 313.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 121, p. 137, p. 149.
- The complete illustrated book of garden magic. Chicago, J.G. Ferguson Pub. Co. url p. 69.
- The constitution and by-laws of the Ann Arbor Scientific Association with the proceedings for the year ending May 1, 1876.. ... Ann Arbor, Courier Steam Printing House, 1876. url p. 94.
- The elements of forestry, designed to afford information concerning the planting and care of forest trees for ornament or profit and giving suggestions upon the creation and care of woodlands with the view of securing the grea Cincinnati, R. Clarke, 1882. url p. 264.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The flora of Montreal Island by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1892? url .
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 218.
- The forest tree planters' manual. St. Paul, Minn., H. M. Smyth & co., printers, 1880. url p. 18.
- The forest trees of Canada Toronto: Rowsell & Hutchison, 1875. url .
- The forests of Washington County, Baltimore, Md., 1922. url p. 13.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 413, p. 518, p. 77.
- The geological and natural history survey of Minnesota: the twelfth annual report for the year 1883 / N.H. Winchell. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 52.
- The geology of Minnesota / the Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. Minneapolis, Minn.: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, state printers, 1884-1901. url p. 248, p. 382.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 399.
- The identification of trees & shrubs; how to recognize, without previous knowledge of botany, wild or garden trees and shrubs native to the north temperate zone, with 2, 500 diagrams made by the author. New York, Dutton url p. 200, p. 201.
- The insect fauna of the genus Crataegus. .. Ithaca, 1922 url p. 1053, p. 1064, p. 1082, p. 1094.
- The joy of gardens, Chicago, Rand, McNally and company[c1911] url p. 221.
- The joy of gardens. Chicago: Rand McNally, [c1911] url p. 221.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 23.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution: from the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun. Tr. and ed. by F. W. Oliver with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. With about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours New York, H. Holt[1895-96] url p. 941.
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 941.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 120.
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 219.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 246, p. 444.
- The rodents of Iowa, by Dayton Stoner. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1918. url p. 95.
- The ruffed grouse, its life story, ecology and management, by Frank C. Edminster. New York, The Macmillan company, 1947. url p. 117.
- The silva of North America a description of the trees which grow naturally in North America exclusive of Mexico / by Charles Sprague Sargent; illustrated with figures and analyses drawn from nature by Charles Edward Faxon and engraved by Philibert and Eugè ne Picart. Boston;Houghton, Mifflin, 1892 url , .
- The silva of North America: a description of the trees which grow naturally in North America exclusive of Mexico /by Charles Sprague Sargent. .. illustrated with figures and analyses drawn from nature by Charles Edward Faxon. .. 14 1902 Boston, New York: Houghton, Mifflin and company, 1891-1902. url p. 120, p. 133.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2683, p. 2690, p. 882.
- The tree book: A popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation / New York: Doubleday, Page, 1920. url , .
- The tree book; a popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation, Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page & Company, 1913. url , , , .
- The woods of the United States. With an account of their structure, qualities, and uses. With geographical and other notes upon the trees which produce them. By C.S. Sargent. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1885. url p. 153, p. 158.
- The woods of the United States: with an account of their structure, qualities and uses; with geographical and other notes upon the trees which produce them / by C.S. Sargent. New York: Appleton, 1885. url p. 146, p. 42.
- The woody plants of Manhattan in their winter condition. Manhattan, Kan., Mercury Pub. House, 1893. url p. 140.
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url , .
- Timber and botany. comprising seven reports on the forests and botany of different parts of the state / Geological Survey of Kentucky. [S.l.]: The Survey, 1884. url p. 49.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 109, p. 154, p. 156, p. 162, p. 169, p. 191, p. 54, p. 63.
- Transactions of Vassar Brothers Institute, and its Scientific Section. Poughkeepsie, N.Y.: Vassar Brothers Institute, [1883-1896]. url p. 182.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. 25 1926 [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 121, p. 443, p. 444, p. 477, p. 480, p. 545.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 126.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url , p. 17, p. 64.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 192.
- Transactions of the Linnaean Society of New York. New York: The Society, 1882- url p. 228.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 66.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 351, p. 352.
- Transactions of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society. Saint Paul: Office of the St. Paul Press Co., 1874-1882. url p. 50.
- Transactions of the State Agricultural Society. .. Lansing: The Society, 1850-1856. url p. 405.
- Transactions of the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters. [Madison]Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters, 1870/72- url p. 138.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url .
- Transactions. Columbus, Ohio [etc.] url p. 248.
- Tree, Shrub & fruit seeds... S.l.:s.n., 1910? url .
- Trees & shrubs for English gardens / by E.T. Cook. New York: Scribner's, 1902. url p. 363.
- Trees and shrubs of Central Park, by Louis Harman Peet. New York, Manhattan press, [c1903] url p. 184.
- Trees and shrubs of the British Isles; native and acclimatised, LondonDent1909 url p. 20, p. 29, p. 32.
- Trees and shrubs, hardy in the British isles. LondonJ. Murray1914 url p. 423, p. 429.
- Trees of Indiana / Indianapolis: State Board of Forestry of Indiana, 1919. url p. 199, p. 7.
- Trees of Indiana / by Chas. C. Deam Fort Wayne, Ind.: Fort Wayne Printing Co., 1921 url p. 209, p. 212.
- Trees of Indiana, Fort Wayne, Ind., Fort Wayne printing company, 1911. url p. 9.
- Trees of Indiana. Fort Wayne, Ind., Fort Wayne Printing Co., 1921. url .
- Trees of Ohio and surrounding territory, including the area westward to the limits of the prairie and south to the thirty seventh parallel. Columbus, Ohio1909 url p. 155.
- Trees of the northern United States: their study, description and determination, for the use of schools and private students. New YorkAmerican Book Co. url p. 104.
- Trees, fruits, and flowers of Minnesota. Minneapolis: Minnesota State Horticultural Society, 1899-1920. url p. 68.
- Trees, shrubs and vines of the northeastern United States. .. together with an account of the principal foreign hardy trees, shrubs and vines cultivated in our country, and found in Central Park, New York City by H.E. Parkhurst. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1903. url p. 229.
- Useful birds and their protection. Containing brief descriptions of the more common and useful species of Massachusetts, with accounts of their food habits, and a chapter on the means of attracting and protecting birds. Illustrated by the author, C. Allan Lyford, Chester A. Reed, and others. [Boston, Printed by Wright & Potter]1913. url p. 431.
- Vermont agricultural report. .. / by the State Board of Agriculture. Montpelier, Vt.: The Board, 1882-1899. url p. 185.
- Vermont shrubs and woody vines / [by L. R. Jones and F. V. Rand; illustrated by Mary Robinson]. Burlington, VT.: Free Press Printing Co., 1909. url p. 120.
- Wild bird guests; how to entertain them; with chapters on the destruction of birds, their economic and aesthetic values, suggestions for dealing with their enemies, and on the organization and management of bird clubs, by Ernest Harold Bayne New York, E. P. Dutton & Company, 1915. url p. 181.
- Winter botany, a companion volume to the author's Plant materials of decorative gardening, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 121.
- Winter botany, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 121.
- Yü Te-tsun, Lu Ling-ti, Ku Tsue-chih, Li Chao-luan, Kuan Ke-chien & Chiang Wan-fu. 1974, 1985, 1986. Rosaceae. In: Yü Te-tsun, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 36: 1443; 37: 1516; 38: 1133.
- Yü Te-tsun, Lu Ling-ti, Ku Tsue-chih, Li Chao-luan, Kuan Ke-chien & Chiang Wan-fu. 1974, 1985, 1986. Rosaceae. In: Yü Te-tsun, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 36: 1443; 37: 1516; 38: 1133.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal January 29, 2008:
- Bundesamt für Naturschutz / Zentralstelle für Phytodiversität Deutschland, Bundesamt fuer Naturschutz / Zentralstelle fuer Phytodiversitaet Deutschland
- Canadian Museum of Nature, Canadian Museum of Nature Herbarium
- Institute of Dendrology PAS, Institute of Dendrology PAS, Flora of Sudety Mountains
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3890032
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Ros-4988
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:1196843-2
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 501747
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 723132-1
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDROS0H3T0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: CRPES
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 729783
- Cuizhi Gu, Chaoluan Li, Lingdi Lu, Shunyuan Jiang, Crinan Alexander, Bruce Bartholomew, Anthony R. Brach, David E. Boufford, Hiroshi Ikeda, Hideaki Ohba, Kenneth R. Robertson & Steven A. Spongberg "Rosaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 46. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Ku Tsue-chih, Stephen A. Spongberg "Crataegus". in Flora of China Vol. 9 Page 111. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 228.550 meters (749.836 feet), Standard Deviation = 152.310 based on 174 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]