- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Arecanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Arecidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Copernicia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 11 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
C. alba (Caranday Palm) · C. baileyana (Bailey Palm) · C. brittonorum (Cuban Palm) · C. campestris (Campestre Palm) · C. ekmanii (Copernicia) · C. gigas (Cuban Palm) · C. glabrescens (Cuban Palm) · C. hospita (Blue Yarey Palm) · C. macroglossa (Cuban Petticoat Palm) · C. prunifera (Carnauba Wax Palm) · C. tectorum (Venezuelan Wax Palm)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url , .
- A descriptive catalogue of useful fiber plants of the world: including the structural and economic classifications of fibers / by Charles Richards Dodge. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1897. url p. 124, p. 256, p. 326.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 101, p. 102.
- A dictionary of popular names of the plants which furnish the natural and acquired wants of man, in all matters of domestic and general economy. Their history, products, & uses, by John Smith. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 436.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 177, p. 686.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 301.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 360.
- A journey in Brazil / by Professor and Mrs. Louis Agassiz. Boston: Fields, Osgood, 1871. url p. 453, p. 458.
- A journey in Brazil by Professor and Mrs. Louis Agassiz Boston: Ticknor and Fields, 1868 url p. 453, p. 458.
- A journey in Brazil/ by Professor and Mrs. Louis Agassiz. Boston: Ticknor and Fields, 1868, c1867. url p. 453, p. 455, p. 458, p. 460.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 688.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 370.
- A naturalist in Brazil; the record of a year's observation of her flora, her fauna, and her people, by Konrad Guenther. .. translated by Bernard Miall. .. Boston, Houghton Mifflin Company, 1931. url p. 378.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas, John I. Northrop, October 12, 1861-June 25, 1891; a memorial volume / edited with a biographical introd. New YorkColumbia University Press1910 url p. 139.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: John I. Northrop, October 12 1861 - June 25, 1891; a memorial volume, ed., with a biographical introduction by Henry Fairfield Osborn. New York, The Columbia university press[c1910] url p. 139.
- A naturalist in the Bahamas: New York, Columbia University Press[c1910] url .
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 518, p. 551.
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 436, p. 51.
- American forestry. Washington, D.C.: American Forestry Association, 1910-1923. url p. 726.
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 726.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 394.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 266, p. 322.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 45.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York, New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 245, p. 247.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 214, p. 474.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 214, p. 214, p. 474, p. 474.
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 343.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 24 1974-1976 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 277, p. 278.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 230, p. 344, p. 470, p. 472.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1910 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 356, p. 70.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 211, p. 71.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 16 1889 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 335.
- Catalogue of the collections in the museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain compiled by E.M. Holmes. London, The Society, 1878. url p. 281.
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 277, p. 290.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 67.
- Chamber's encyclopaedia, a dictionary of universal knowledge. London, Chambers, 1902. url p. 723.
- Commercial botany of the nineteenth century. A record of progress in the utilisation of vegetable products in the United Kingdom, and the introduction of economic plants into the British colonies, during the present century. London [etc.]Cassell & Company, Limited, 1890. url , .
- Descriptive and illustrated catalogue of the physiological series of comparative anatomy contained in the Museum of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. London, Taylor [and] Francis (pr.)1900-1902. url p. 3.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 679.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 33.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 439, p. 526, p. 557.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 105, p. 136.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 211, p. 71.
- Hand-list of tender momocotyledons, excluding Orchideae, cultivated in the Royal Gardens, Kew. London, Printed for H. M. S. O., by Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1897. url p. 249.
- Hand-list of tender monocotyledons, excluding Orchideae, cultivated in the Royal Gardens, Kew. 1897. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off. by Eyre and Spottiswoode1897 url p. 249.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 298.
- Hortus Mortolensis: enumeratio plantarum in Horto Mortolensi cultarum = Alphabetical catalogue of plants growing in the garden of the late Sir Thomas Hanbury. .. at La Mortola, Ventimiglia, Italy / compiled by Alwin Berger. London: West, Newman, 1912. url p. 195, p. 401.
- IUCN Directory of Neotropical Protected Areas IUCN url p. 84.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 219, p. 220.
- Index of American palms, by B.E. Dahlgren. Fossil palms, by A.C. Noé. 14 1936 Chicago, IL: Field Museum of Natural History1936-59. url p. 132, plate 169, p. 306, p. 312, p. 324, p. 329, p. 338, p. 368, p. 393, p. 426, p. 438.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 46, p. 694.
- Introduction to the chemistry of plant products, by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1913. url p. 391.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url , , , p. 166, p. 33, p. 50.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 356.
- Kew gardens, painted by T. Mower Martin, R. C. A. Described by A. R. Hope Moncrieff; with 24 full-page illustrations in colour. London: A. and C. Black, 1908. url p. 189.
- Lectures on the physiology of plants / by Sydney Howard Vines. . Cambridge, Cambridgeshire: The University Press, 1886 url p. 243.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 12 1902-1907 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 22.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 123.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 9 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 449.
- North American trees: being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies / New York: H. Holt and Co., 1908. url .
- Odorographia: a natural history of raw materials and drugs used in the perfume industry: intended to serve growers, manufacturers and consumers / by J. Ch. Sawer. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1892-1894. url , p. 300.
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 410.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 347.
- Official guide to the Botanic Gardens, Dominica: illustrated: with an index of the principal plants. Dominica: The Garden, 1922? url p. 39.
- Oil pollution survey of the United States Atlantic coast: with special reference to southeast Florida coast conditions / [by] John V. Dennis. Washington, D.C.: American Petroleum Institute, 1959. url p. 30.
- Ornamental gardening in Florida, by Charles Torrey Simpson; a treatise on the decorative plants adapted to Florida and their cultivation, with suggestions for the ornamentation of Florida homes and grounds. Little River, Fla., The author, 1916. url p. 124, p. 128, p. 190, p. 190.
- Palm trees of the Amazon and their uses. London, J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 8.
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 300, p. 449.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 107.
- Popular history of the palms and their allies, containing a familiar account of their structure, geographical and geological distribution, history, properties, and uses. London, L. Reeve, 1856. url p. 15, p. 18.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 406, p. 407.
- Practical plant biochemistry. CambridgeUniversity Press1923 url p. 186.
- Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. Honolulu: Hawaiian Entomological Society url .
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 52.
- Publication. Field Museum of Natural History. 14 1936 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1912-1947. url p. 132, plate 169, p. 318, p. 324, p. 329, p. 338, p. 368, p. 393, p. 426, p. 438.
- Rambles on the Riviera, New York, C. Scribner's sons; [etc., etc.]1906. url .
- Rambles on the Riviera, by Eduard Strasburger. Translated from the German by O. and B. Comerford Casey, with 87 coloured illustrations by Louise Reusch. New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1906. url p. 431.
- Report on the forests of British East Africa. LondonPrinted for His Majesty's Stationery Off. by Darling1909 url p. 115, p. 141.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 55, p. 56.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 138, p. 174, p. 578, p. 627, p. 642.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 111, p. 357, p. 392, p. 88.
- Select plants (exclusive of timber trees) readily eligible for Victorian industrial culture with indications of their native countries and some of their uses; an enumeration / offered by Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: s.n., 1872 url p. 167.
- Studies in plant and organic chemistry, and literary papers / by Helen Abbott Michael (Helen C. De S. Abbott), with biographical sketch. Cambridge, Mass.: The Riverside Press, 1907. url p. 124.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 14.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 457.
- The Alumni journal. New York: Alumni Association of the College of Pharmacy of the City of New York, 1894-1896. url p. 170.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 695.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 324.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 53.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url .
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 208, p. 221, p. 225, p. 249, p. 314, p. 356, p. 362, p. 420, p. 468, p. 542, p. 570, p. 748, p. 765, p. 801, p. 85.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url .
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 27 1891 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 543, p. 64.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 522.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 43.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 406, p. 407.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 622, p. 691.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 31 1946 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 3.
- The classification of flowering plants. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1904-25. url p. 257.
- The forest flora of north-west and central India: a handbook of the indigenous trees and shrubs of those countries / Commenced by by J. Lindsay Stewart. Continued and completed by Dietrich Brandis. Prepared at the herbarium of the Royal gardens, Kew. LondonW.H. Allen1874 url p. 552.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 172.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 305, p. 309, p. 320, p. 373, p. 898.
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 244, p. 33.
- The palm tree / by S. Moody; with illustrations by the author. London: T. Nelson and Sons, Paternoster Row; Edinburgh, and New York, 1864. url p. 268, p. 379.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 16, p. 840.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 130, p. 143, p. 207.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 133, p. 75.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 4 1894-1896 London. url p. 266, p. 522.
- Transactions of the Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: The Society, -1887. url p. 423.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 213, p. 364.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 1001, p. 376, p. 399, p. 510, p. 789, p. 793.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 7028, p. 7028.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.