Common Names in English:
Blue Palo Verde, Blue Paloverde
Habit: Tree , Shrub
Flowers: Bloom Period: March. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 15-20' tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,665 meters (0 to 5,463 feet).
Culture: Space 20-30' apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b. (map)
- Chatton, 1925
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Subclass: Magnoliidae () - Novák ex Takhtajan, 1967 - Angiosperms
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Novák ex Takht. (1967)
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, nom. inval.
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Cercidium torreyanum (S. Watson)sarg. • Parkinsonia florida (A. Gray)s. Watson • Parkinsonia torreyana S. Watson
Members of the genus Cercidium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 5 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 243.
- American forest trees, by Henry H. Gibson; ed. by Hu Maxwell. Chicago, Hardwood record, 1913. url , p. 555.
- American forest trees; edited by Hu Maxwell. ChicagoHardwood Record1913 url , p. 555.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 477, p. 480.
- An introduction to California plant life Berkeley: University of California Press, [c1974] url p. 148.
- Bibliographical index to North American botany; or, Citations of authorities for all the recorded indigenous and naturalized species of the flora of North America, with a chronological arrangement of the synonymy. by Sereno Watson. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1878. url p. 247.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url .
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 162.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass., Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 162, p. 162.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 308.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 3.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 19 1892 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 103, p. 310.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 71.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 49.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , , , , p. 1758, p. 1915, p. 1917, p. 1919, p. 1921, p. 1924, p. 1942, p. 1986, p. 2022, p. 2027, p. 2029, p. 2074, p. 2075.
- Check list of the forest trees of the United States: their names and ranges / by George B. Sudworth. Washington, D.C.: Dept. of Agriculture, Forestry Division, 1898. url p. 114.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 23 1920-1926 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 429.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 590.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , , p. 332, p. 388, p. 497.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1982 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 627.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 346.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , , p. 29.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 33.
- Manual of the trees of North America (exclusive of Mexico) by Charles Sprague Sargent, with seven hundred and eighty-three illustrations from drawings by Charles Edward Faxon and Mary W. Gill. Boston and New York, Houghton Mifflin company, 1922. url p. 614, p. 614, p. 901, p. 901.
- Native woody plants of the United States, their erosion-control and wildlife values. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1938. url , p. 94.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 583.
- North American trees (exclusive of Mexico and tropical United States) A handbook designed for field use, with plates and distribution maps. Ames, Iowa State University Press url p. 279, p. 385.
- North American trees: being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies / New York: H. Holt and Co., 1908. url .
- North American trees; being descriptions and illustrations of the trees growing independently of cultivation in North America, north of Mexico and the West Indies; with the assistance of John Adolph Shafer. New YorkHolt1908 url p. 544.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1949 San Diego, The Society. url p. 70.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Texas. [1900?- url p. 120.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 370.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 1039, p. 20, p. 26, p. 33, p. 35, p. 37, p. 40, p. 42, p. 45, p. 49.
- Proceedings of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 1990 [San Diego, Calif.]: San Diego Society of Natural History, 1990- url p. 15, p. 2, p. 27, p. 4.
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 549.
- Report on the forests of North America (exclusive of Mexico) / by Charles S. Sargent. Washington: G.P.O., 1884. url .
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. 4 1856 Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 134, p. 360, p. 368, p. 82.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 590.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 15 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 247.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 376.
- The Buprestidae of North America, exclusive of Mexico, a catalogue including synonomy, bibliography, distribution, type locality and hosts of each species, by W. J. Chamberlin. Eugene, Or., c1926 url p. 206.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 45 1965 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 307.
- The distribution of vegetation in the United States, as related to climatic conditions [by] Burton E. Livingston and Forrest Shreve. [Washington]Carnegie institution of Washington, 1921. url p. 49.
- The silva of North America a description of the trees which grow naturally in North America exclusive of Mexico / by Charles Sprague Sargent; illustrated with figures and analyses drawn from nature by Charles Edward Faxon and engraved by Philibert and Eugè ne Picart. Boston;Houghton, Mifflin, 1892 url , , .
- The silva of North America: a description of the trees which grow naturally in North America exclusive of Mexico /by Charles Sprague Sargent. .. illustrated with figures and analyses drawn from nature by Charles Edward Faxon. .. 3 1892 Boston, New York: Houghton, Mifflin and company, 1891-1902. url , p. 139, p. 83, p. 84, p. 85, tab. CXXIX.
- The tree book. A popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation. By Julia Ellen Rogers. With sixteen plates in colour and one hundred and sixty in black-and-white from photographs by A. Radclyffe Dugmore. Garden City, New York, Doubleday, Page, 1912. url p. 345, p. 580.
- The tree book: A popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation / New York: Doubleday, Page, 1920. url p. 345.
- The tree book: a popular guide to a knowledge of the trees of North America and to their uses and cultivation / Garden City: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 345, p. 580.
- Torrey, J. Report on the United States and Mexican boundary survey: made under the direction of the secretary of the Interior /by William H. Emory, major First Cavalry, and United States commissioner. 2(1) 1859 Washington: C. Wendell, printer, 1857-59. url p. 241, p. 241, p. 58.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 288, p. 446.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 429.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 18 1969 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 54, p. 674, p. 683.
- Winter botany, a companion volume to the author's Plant materials of decorative gardening. Urbana, Trelease, 1918. url p. 142.
- Winter botany, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 142.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed December 05, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 9 providers.
- ILDIS World Database of Legumes. Release date: May 1, 2007
- ILDIS World Database of LegumesNov 10, 2005.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Jan 19, 2007.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 26, 2008)
- USDA, NRCS. 2005. The PLANTS Database, Version 3.5 (http://plants.usda.gov). National Plant Data Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70874-4490 USA.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal December 05, 2007:
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- Utah State University, USU-UTC Specimen Database
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2778295
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-sp2-242
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 15313466
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:52633-2
- GRIN Nomen Number: 406350
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 26827
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 52633-2
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDFAB2Z020
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: PAFL6 CEFL
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 27985