Common Names in English:
, usually with essential oils-containing cavities in foliage
, and flowers. Stipules absent or small and caducous
. Leaves opposite, occasionally alternate, occasionally ternate
or pseudo-whorled; leaf blade
with secondary veins pinnate or basal, often with intramarginal veins
, margin usually entire. Inflorescences axillary
but variously arranged, 1- to many-flowered. Flowers bisexual
, sometimes polygamous, actinomorphic
. Hypanthium usually adnate
to ovary and prolonged above it. Calyx lobes
(3 or) 4 or 5 or more, distinct
into a calyptra. Petals 4 or 5, sometimes absent, distinct or connate into a calyptra, sometimes coherent and pseudocalyptrate. Stamens usually numerous
, in 1 to several whorls; filaments
distinct or connate into 5 bundles opposite petals; anthers
, dehiscing longitudinally or rarely terminally; connectives
usually terminating in 1 or more apical glands
. Ovary inferior, semi-inferior, or very rarely superior, carpels 2 to more, locules 1 to many, pseudoseptum sometimes present, placentation usually axile
but occasionally parietal
; ovules 1 to several per locule. Style single; stigma single. Fruit a capsule, berry, drupaceous
berry, or drupe, 1- to many-seeded. Seeds without endosperm or endosperm sparse and thin; testa cartilaginous
or thinly membranous, sometimes absent; embryo straight or curved
About 130 genera and 4500-5000 species: Mediterranean region, sub-Saharan Africa, Madagascar, tropical and temperate Asia, Australia, Pacific islands, tropical and South America; 10 genera (five introduced ) and 121 species (50 endemic, 32 introduced treated here) in China.
Many Myrtaceae are cultivated garden ornamentals , street trees, or plantation trees. Some members of tribe Syzygieae are grown as fruit crops. In addition to the cultivated members of the family treated here, some others grown in China include Acca sellowiana (O. Berg ) Burrett (Feijoa sellowiana (O. Berg) O. Berg), Myrtus communis Linnaeus, and Syncarpia glomulifera (Smith) Niedenzu.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Order: Myrtales () - Reichenbach, 1828
- Superorder: Myrtanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Eugenia aromatica (L.) Baill.
Publishing author : L. Publication : Sp. Pl. 1: 515 1753 [1 May 1753]
Members of the genus Caryophyllus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 1 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 258.
- A class-book of botany; designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. .. illustrated by a flora of the northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the capitol, lat. 38 3/4 o. Boston, Crocker & Brewster, 1849. url p. 258.
- A complete dictionary of practical gardening: comprehending all the modern improvements in the art; whether in the raising of the various esculent vegetables, or in the forcing and managing of different sorts of fruits and plants, and that of lay By Alexander McDonald [pseud.] London, 1807. url .
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 175.
- A general system of nature: through the three grand kingdoms of animals, vegetables, and minerals; systematically divided into their several classes, orders, genera, species, and varieties with their habitations, manners, econo translated from Gmelin's last edition of the celebrated Systema Naturae by Charles Linné; ammended and enlarged by the improvements and discoveries of later naturalists and societies with appropriate London: Printed for Lackington, ALlen, and Co., Temple of the Muses, Finsbury Square; 1802-06. url p. 795.
- A manual of Indian timbers: an account of the structure, growth, distribution, and qualities of Indian woods. CalcuttaOffice of the Superintendent of Govt. Printing1881 url p. 188, p. 503.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 412.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 548.
- A manual of gardening for Bengal and Upper India. By Thomas A. C. Firminger. .. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and co.; [etc., etc.]1874. url p. 571.
- A manual of gardening for western and southern India, by R. Riddell. Ed. and rev. by Lieutenant-colonel Boddam. Madras: Higginbotham and co., 1884. url p. 113.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 69.
- A review of the references to the Hortus malabaricus of Henry Van Rheede Van Draakenstein [sic] Swansea: Printed at the Cambrian-Office, by Murray and Rees, 1839. url p. 22.
- A system of physiological botany by Rev. P. Keith. .. Dublin: J. Cumming, 1816. url p. 373.
- A text-book of tropical agriculture / by H.A. Alford Nicholls. London; Macmillan, 1906. url .
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 164, p. 418.
- Agriculture in the tropics; an elementary treatise, by J. C. Willis. Cambridge, University Press, 1922. url p. 87.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag by J.C. Loudon London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1831 url p. 251.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property; and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag By J. C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1831. url p. 251.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 79.
- An illustrated encyclopaedia of gardening, by Walter P. Wright London, J. M. Dent & sons, ltd.; url p. 167.
- An introduction to physiological & systematical botany. Philadelphia, A. Finley;1814. url p. 330.
- An introduction to physiological and systematical botany / by Sir James Edward Smith. London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1819. url p. 325.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organization, natural affinities, and geographical distribution of the whole vegetable kingdom; together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the arts, By John Lindley. New York, G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 368.
- Analytical class-book of botany. New York, Appleton, 1859. url p. 113.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 117, p. 241.
- Autobiography and recolections of incidents connected with horticultural affairs, etc. from 1807 up to this day 1892. Albany, N.Y., Weed, Parsons and company, 1892. url p. 45.
- Autobiography and recollections of incidents connected with horticultural affairs, etc. from 1807 up to this day 1892. With portrait and allegorical figures. Albany, N. Y.: Weed, Parsons and Co., 1892. url p. 45.
- Beautiful flowers and how to grow them, by Horace J. Wright & Walter P. Wright. Illustrated with 32 plates in full colours from paintings by Beatrice Parsons, Eleanor Fortesque Brickdale, Hugh L. Norris, Margaret Waterfield, A. Fairfax Muck 1922 Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, ltd., 1922. url p. 202.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url .
- Blackwell, E. A curious herbal: containing five hundred cuts, of the most useful plants, which are now used in the practice of physick engraved on folio copper plates, after drawings taken from the life /by Elizabeth Blackwell. To which is added a short description of ye plants and their common uses in physick. 2 1739 London: Printed for Samuel Harding, 1737-1739. url plate 338.
- Browne, P. The civil and natural history of Jamaica: in three parts. In three dissertations. The whole illustrated with fifty copper-plates: in which the most curious productions are represented of the natural size, and delineated immediately from the objects /by Patrick Browne, M.D. 1756 London: Printed for the author, and sold by T. Osborne and J. Shipton in Gray's-Inn, 1756. url p. 247.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1906 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 112.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 30, p. 53, p. 59.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 31, p. 63, p. 83, p. 84.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 173, p. 193, p. 226, p. 249, p. 264, p. 267, p. 269, p. 271.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , , , , , .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 4.
- Catalogue of economic plants in the collection of the U. S. Department of Agriculture. By William Saunders. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1891. url p. 12.
- Catalogue of the collections in the museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain compiled by E.M. Holmes. London, The Society, 1878. url p. 278.
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 220, p. 35.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 393.
- Class book of botany. Being outlines of the structure, physiology and classification of plants. With a flora of all parts of the United States and Canada. By Alphonso Wood. .. New York, A.S. Barnes & Burr;1860. url p. 346.
- Class-book of botany: being outlines of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co.; 1874, c1869. url p. 163.
- Colonial and Indian Exhibition, 1886 official catalogue. London: W. Clowes, 1886. url .
- Commercial carnation culture; a practical guide to modern methods of growing the American carnation for market purposes. .. New York, A. T. De La Mare printing & publishing co., ltd., 1915. url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 8 1903-1905 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 107.
- Curtis's botanical magazine. 54 1827 London; New York [etc.]: Academic Press [etc.] url , .
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 247, p. 337.
- Economic plants. An index to economic products of the vegetable kingdom in Jamaica. Comp. by William Fawcett. .. Jamaica, Govt. Print. Establishment, 1891. url p. 23.
- Elements of botany: structural, physiological, systematical, and medical / by John Lindley. London: Printed for Taylor and Walton, 1841. url p. 126.
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url , .
- Exercises in botany for the Pacific states / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1897. url p. 346.
- Experimental evolution; lectures delivered in the "Summer School of Art and Science", University Hall, Edinburgh (August, 1891) by Henry de Varigny. and New York, Macmillan and Co., 1892. url p. 175.
- Familiar garden flowers / London: Cassell, [1879-1887] url .
- Flora Indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants / by the late William Roxburgh. Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 495.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 357.
- Flora barbadensis: a catalogue of plants, indigenous, naturalized, and cultivated, in Barbados: to which is prefixed, a geological description of the island /by James Dottin Maycock. 1830 London: J. Ridgeway, 1830. url p. 424.
- Flora medica; a botanical account of all the more important plants used in medicine in different parts of the world. London, Longman, 1838. url p. 75.
- Flora of Jamaica, containing descriptions of the flowering plants known from the island, by William Fawcett and Alfred Barton Rendle. London.Printed by order of the Trustees of the British Museum, 1910- url p. 326, p. 327, p. 327.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 313.
- Grisebach, A. H. R. Flora of the British West Indian islands /by A.H.R. Grisebach. -18 London, L. Reeve, 1864. url p. 235, p. 723.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 268.
- Hooker, W. J. Botanical miscellany. London: J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 312, p. 312.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 158, p. 3, p. 6.
- Illustrations of the natural orders of plants with groups and descriptions. Reduced from the original folio ed. 1 1868 London: Sampson Low, Son, and Marston, 1868. url explanation of plate 57.
- Introduction to physiological and systematical botany. London, Longman, 1819. url p. 325.
- Introduction to structural and systematic botany and vegetable physiology: being a fifth and revised edition of The botanical text-book / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, 1877. url p. 418.
- Jenaische Zeitschrift für Naturwissenschaft. Jena, Gustav Fischer [etc.]. url p. 106.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 10 1872 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 189.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 4 1842 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 270.
- Martin's Natural history / Translated from the thirty-fifth German edition, by Sarah A. Myers; containing two hundred and sixty-two beautifully colored illustrations; First [and second] series. New York: Phinney, Blakeman & Mason, 1861- url p. 270.
- Materia medica and therapeutics, an introduction to the rational treatment of disease. London, Cassell, 1884. url .
- Mikroskopischer Atlas: ein illustrirtes Sammelwerk zum Gebrauche für Gesundheitsbeamte, Apotheker, Drogisten, Kaufleute und gebildete Laien / von F. Elsner. Halle a/S: W. Knapp, 1884-85. url p. 3.
- Miller, P. The gardeners dictionary: containing the best and newest methods of cultivating and improving the kitchen, fruit, flower garden, and nursery, as also for performing the practical parts of agriculture, including the management of vineyards, with the methods of making and preserving wine, according to the present practice of the most skilful vignerons in the several wine countries in Europe, together with directions for propagating and improving, from real practice and experience, all sorts of timber trees /by Philip Miller. 1768 London: Printed for the author and sold by John and Francis Rivington. .. [and 23 others], 1768. url p. CAR-CAR.
- Old-fashioned gardening; a history and a reconstruction, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1913. url .
- Oliver, D. Flora of tropical Africa /by Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. 2 1871 London: L. Reeve and co., 1868-1999. url p. 438.
- Origin of cultivated plants / by Alphonse de Candolle. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1908. url p. 161.
- Origin of cultivated plants, by Alphonse de Candolle. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1884. url p. 464.
- Origin of cultivated plants. By Alphonse de Candolle. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902. url p. 161.
- Origin of cultivated plants. New York, Appleton, 1892. url .
- Periodical catalogue of greenhouse shrubs, vines, herbaceous plants, and bulbous roots: cultivated and for sale at the Linn©an Botanic Garden, Flushing, near New-York / William Prince & Sons, proprietors. New York: s.n., 1832. url p. 151.
- Pharmacographia: a history of the principal drugs of vegetable origin met with in Great Britain and British India / by Friedrich A. Flückiger and Daniel Hanbury. London: Macmillan, 1879. url p. 775.
- Pharmazeutische Waarenkunde, von Dr. Otto Berg. Berlin, R. Gaertner, 1863. url p. 419.
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. 384, p. xix.
- Popular garden flowers: anemones, asters, begonias. .. [et al.] by Walter P. Wright. New York: Doubleday Page, 1911. url p. 52.
- Popular garden flowers; anemones: asters: begonias: carnations: chrysanthemums: crocuses: daffodils: dahlias: geraniums: gladioli: hollyhocks: hyacinths: irises: lilies: pansies: phloxes: primulas: sweet peas: stocks: tulips by Walter P. Wright. London: G. Richards ltd.,  url p. 52.
- Popular geography of plants; or, A botanical excursion round the world, by E.M.C.; ed. by Charles Daubeny. London, 1855. url p. 273, p. 361.
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 286.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. xiii.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. 208, p. xiii.
- Preliminary report on the forest and other vegetation of Pegu. CalcuttaC.B. Lewis, Baptist Mission Press1875 url p. 73.
- Proceedings of the Essex Institute. Salem: Essex Institute Press. url p. 182.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland. [Brisbane, Royal Society of Queensland]1885- url p. 87.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 109.
- Scientific and applied pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students in pharmacy, as a hand book for pharmacists, and as a reference book for food and drug analysts and pharmacologists. New York, Wiley, 1920. url p. 467.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 31, p. 63, p. 83, p. 84.
- Select carnations, picotees, & pinks: the history & cultivation of all sections. London, Maclaren, 1907. url .
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 213.
- Sino-Iranica; Chinese contributions to the history of civilization in ancient Iran, with special reference to the history of cultivated plants and products / by Berthold Laufer -- Chicago, 1919. url p. 584, p. 584, p. 617, p. 617.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 259.
- Suggestions received by the Agricultural & Horticultural Society of India for extending the cultivation and introduction of useful and ornamental plants: with a view to the improvement of the agricultural and commercial resources of India / compiled by Henry Harpur Spry. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1841. url p. 194, p. 71.
- The American carnation, how to grow it. .. by Charles Willis Ward. .. New York: A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Company, ltd., 1903. url p. 17, p. 17.
- The American carnation; How to grow it. New York, De La Mare, 1903. url p. 17.
- The American flower garden directory: containing practical directions for the culture of plants, in the hot-house, garden-house, flower garden and rooms and parlours, for every month in the year. .. Instructions for erecting a hot-house, By Hibbert and Buist. Philadelphia: E.L. Carey & A. Hart, 1834. url p. 233.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 446, p. 464, p. 627.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 835.
- The British flora medica, or, History of the medicinal plants of Great Britain / by Benjamin H. Barton, and Thomas Castle. London: E. Cox, 1838. url p. 184.
- The Bulletin of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture. Raleigh: State Board of Agriculture, [1907- url p. 13.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 199.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 502, p. 574.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 20, p. 292, p. 60, p. 76.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 378.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1050, p. 566, p. 597, p. 736.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. 2 1874 London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 263, p. 340, p. 35, p. 42, p. 76.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 89.
- The botanical text-book, an introduction to scientific botany, both structural and systematic. For colleges, schools, and private students. By Asa Gray. New York, Putnam, 1850. url p. 415.
- The commercial products of the vegetable kingdom, considered in their various uses to man and in their relation to the arts and manufactures; forming a practical treatise and handbook of reference for the colonist, manufacturer, merchant, and consume London, Day, 1854. url p. 565.
- The desert world. From the French of Arthur Mangin. Edited and enlarged by the translator of "The bird, by Michelet." With 160 illustrations by W. Freeman, Foulquier, and Yan Dargent. London, T. Nelson, 1869. url p. 421.
- The elements of botany embracing organography, histology, vegetable physiology, systematic botany and economic botany. .. together with a complete glossary of botanical terms Philadelphia, J. E. Potter and Company[c1883] url .
- The fundamentals of fruit production, by Victor Ray Gardner, Frederick Charles Bradford and Henry Daggett Hooker, jr. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1922. url p. 400, p. 400.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url , p. 496.
- The home garden book of herbs and spices / by Milo Miloradovich. Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday & Co., c1952. url p. 154, p. 207.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 302.
- The language of flowers, or, Floral emblems of thoughts, feelings, and sentiments / by Robert Tyas; with twelve coloured groups of flowers. London; G. Routledge, 1869. url p. 55.
- The language of flowers: or, Floral emblems of thoughts, feelings, and sentiments. .. London, G. Routledge and sons, 1869. url .
- The natural history review. Dublin: Hodges & Smith, 1854-1865. url p. 52.
- The natural productions of Burmah: or, notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of the Tenasserim provinces and the Burman empire / by Francis Mason. Maulmain: American Mission Press, 1850. url p. 157.
- The plant, an illustration of the organic life of the animal. By Harland Coultas. Philadelphia; Perry and Erety, 1855 url p. 117.
- The principles of botany, structural, functional and systematic, condensed and immediately adapted to the use of students of medicine. London, Hightley, 1840. url p. 186.
- The sciopticon manual, explaining lantern projection in general, and the sciopticon apparatus in paricular. Including magic lantern attachments, experiments, novelties, colored and photo-transparencies, mechanical movements, etc. By L. J. Marcy Philadelphia, J. A. Moore, 1877 url p. 269.
- The silva of North America: a description of the trees which grow naturally in North America exclusive of Mexico /by Charles Sprague Sargent. .. illustrated with figures and analyses drawn from nature by Charles Edward Faxon. .. 14 1902 Boston, New York: Houghton, Mifflin and company, 1891-1902. url p. 116, p. 186, p. 40.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3590, p. 3616.
- The standard dictionary of facts, history, language, literature, biography, geography, travel, art, government, politics, industry, invention, commerce, science, education, natural history, statistics Buffalo, Frontier Press url p. 741.
- The trees of America: native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described...illustrated by numerous engravings. By D. J. Browne. New York: Harper & brothers, 1851. url p. 342.
- The trees of America; native and foreign, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described. New YorkHarper1846 url p. 342.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 774.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url , p. 217.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 201, p. 21.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 736, p. 737, p. 815.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 736.
- The view of Hindoostan. .. London: Printed by H. Hughs, 1798-1800. url p. 235.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 104.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 68.
- Travels in Brazil, in the years 1817-1820, : undertaken by command of His majesty the King of Bavaria by Dr. Joh.Babt. von Spix and Dr. C. F. Phil. von Martius / London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green;1824. url p. 223.
- Trees and shrubs of the British Isles; native and acclimatised, LondonDent1909 url p. 17.
- Trinidad, its geography, natural resources, administration, present condition, and prospects. London, Cassell, 1884. url p. 259.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 220.
- Wanderings in South America, the North-west of the United States and the Antilles, in the years 1812, 1816, 1820, & 1824: with original instructions for the perfect preservation of birds, etc. for cabinets of natural history / London; Macmillan, 1878, 1889 printing. url .
- Wanderings in South America, the north-west of the United States, and the Antilles, in the years 1812, 1816, 1820, & 1824: with original instruction for the perfect preservation of birds, etc. for cabinets of natural history / ed. with biographical introduction and explanatory index by J.G. Wood. London: Macmillan, 1889. url p. 390, p. 512.
- Wöhler's Outlines of organic chemistry By Rudolph Fittig. .. Tr. from the 8th German ed. with additions, by Ira Remsen Philadelphia, H.C. Lea, 1873 url p. 381, p. 381, p. 465, p. 465.
- Zoonomia; or, The laws of organic life / by Erasmus Darwin... London: J. Johnson, 1794-96. url p. 707.
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url p. 217.
- Chang Hung-ta & Miau Ru-hwai. 1984. Myrtaceae. In: Chen Chieh, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 53(1): 28-135.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Dec 27, 2011.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2778036
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 15640785
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:592134-1
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 592134-1
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 1345910