Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Wild Caper-Bush, Indian Caper
Common Names in Nepalese:
Size: 36-48" tall.
Culture: Space 4-6' apart.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Violanae () - R. Dahlgren Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Capparis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 24 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
C. amplissima (Burro Blanco) · C. baducca (Caper) · C. corymbosa (Corymbose Caper) · C. cynophallophora (Jamaica Caper) · C. decidua (Bare Caper) · C. erythrocarpus (Capparis) · C. flexuosa (Bay-Leaved Caper) · C. flexuosa var. floridanum (Bay-Leaved Caper) · C. flexuosa var. pumila (Bay-Leaved Caper) · C. hastata (Broadleaf Caper) · C. incana (Hoary Caper) · C. indica (Linguam) · C. micracantha (Caper Thorn) · C. montana (French Guiana Caper) · C. moonii (Indian Caper) · C. nobilis (Wild Lime (Aust)) · C. odoratissima (Capparis) · C. pittieri (Tropical American Caper) · C. sandwichiana (Native Caper) · C. sepiaria (Wild Caper-Bush) · C. spinosa (Caper) · C. spinosa var. inermis (Caper) · C. tomentosa (Wooly Caperbush) · C. zeylanica (Indian Caper)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A botany for India, by P. F. Fyson. London, The Christian Literature Society for Indian (Madras Branch)1912. url p. 282.
- A flora of Manila / Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1912, 1974 printing. url .
- A flora of Manila, by E. D. Merrill. Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1912. url p. 215.
- A forest flora of Chota Nagpur including Gangpur and the Santal-Parganahs / by H.H. Haines. -- Dehra Dun: Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh; 1910. url p. 28.
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 64.
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url .
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- An English index to the plants of India compiled by H. Piddington. Calcutta: Printed at the Baptist Mission Press, and sold by Messrs. Thacker and Co., 1832. url p. 155, p. 185.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 211, p. 212.
- Annals of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya. Colombo: Skien; 1901-1924. url p. 179.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 1 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 227.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url , , p. 212, p. 304.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1911 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 12.
- Burma, its people and productions; or, Notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of Tenasserim, Pegu, and Burma. Hertford: S. Austin, 1882-1883. url p. 103.
- Catalogue of diurnal Lepidoptera described by Fabricius in the collection of the British museum. By Arthur Gardiner Butler. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1869. url p. 204.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 12.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 45 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 187, p. 403, p. 412, p. 452, p. 505.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam [Aberdeen]Printed for the University1912- url p. 12.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam. .. / by William Grant Craib. .. [Aberdeen]: Printed for the University of Aberdeen, 1912- url p. 12.
- Directory of the proposed Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve: draft WCMC url .
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 76, p. 79, p. 81, p. 92.
- Flora of the Presidency of Madras / by J.S. Gamble. London: West, Newman and Adlard, 1915- url p. 46.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 97.
- Fodder crops of the Punjab. Lahore, Govt. print., 1912 url p. 4.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 470, p. 547.
- Hand-book of Indian flora; being a guide to all the flowering plants hitherto described as indigenous to the continent of India. [Madras?]Trabancore Sircar Press, 1864-69. url .
- Hooker, J. D. & T. Thomson Flora indica: being a systematic account of the plants of British India, together with observations on the structure and affinities of their natural orders and genera /by J.D. Hooker and Thomas Thomson. 1855 London: W. Pamplin, 1855. url p. 161.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 3 1860 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. xlii.
- IUCN Directory of Afrotropical Protected Areas IUCN, UNEP url p. 1014, p. 85.
- Indian insect life: a manual of the insects of the plains (tropical India) / H. Maxwell-Lefroy, assisted by F. M. Howlett. (Pub. under the authority of the government of India). 1909 Calcutta; Thacker, Spink & Co., W. Thacker & Co., 2 Creed Lane, London, 1909. url p. 418.
- Journal of Indian botany. Madras: Methodist Pub. House, 1919-1923. url p. 317, p. 323.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 4 1842 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 264.
- Leaflets of Philippine botany. 6 1913-1914 Manila: Oriental Printing Co., 1906-1939. url p. 2171.
- Lepidoptera indica. By F. Moore. London, 1890-1913. url p. 116.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 64.
- New or noteworthy Philippine plants. .. / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Printing, 1904-1922. url p. 14, p. 304.
- Observations on the gestation of some sharks and rays / Calcutta: Asiatic Society, 1891. url p. 285.
- On the flora of Cutch / by E. Blatter. [Bombay: Bombay Natural History Society], 1908-1909. url p. 15.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 590, p. 73.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 590, p. 73.
- Proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: [The Society]1865-1905. url p. 116.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 236.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 153, p. 759.
- Report of the proceedings of the third entomological meeting: held at Pusa on the 3rd to 15th February 1919 / edited by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Calcutta: Supt. of Government Printing, 1920. url p. 295.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological Meeting. Calcutta: Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-23. url p. 295.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 120.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 619, p. 97.
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 385, p. 61.
- Spixiana. 3 1980 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 160, p. 162, fig. 4.
- Spolia zeylanica. S.l.: s.n. url p. 88.
- Systematic list of the trees, shrubs and woody-climbers of the Bombay Presidency / by W.A. Talbot. Bombay: Printed at the Govt. Central Press, 1894. url p. 11.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 144, p. 144, p. 144, p. 246, p. 246, p. 246, p. 250, p. 250.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 231.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 123, p. 538, p. 763.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 28 1891 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 21, p. 309, p. 51.
- The Philippine journal of science. 13 1918 Manila. url p. 14, p. 304, p. 361, p. 77.
- The botany of Bihar and Orissa: an account of all the known indigenous plants of the province and of the most important or most commonly cultivated exotic ones / with maps and introduction by H. H. Haines. London: Printed by Adlard and sold by agents for Indian Official Publications, 1921-25. url p. 1235.
- The cultivated oranges and lemons, etc. of India and Ceylon, with researches into their origin and the derivation of their names, and other useful information. With and atlas of illustrations. By E. Bonavia. London, W. H. Allen, 1888-90. url p. 362.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 176, p. 177.
- The flora of the Malay Peninsula. By Henry N. Ridley, with illus. by J. Hutchinson. London, L. Reeve & co., ltd., 1922-25. url p. 121, p. 122.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url p. 44, p. 48.
- The forest flora of north-west and central India: a handbook of the indigenous trees and shrubs of those countries / Commenced by by J. Lindsay Stewart. Continued and completed by Dietrich Brandis. Prepared at the herbarium of the Royal gardens, Kew. LondonW.H. Allen1874 url p. 14, p. 15.
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url , , .
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 277.
- The silva of North America a description of the trees which grow naturally in North America exclusive of Mexico / by Charles Sprague Sargent; illustrated with figures and analyses drawn from nature by Charles Edward Faxon and engraved by Philibert and Eugè ne Picart. Boston;Houghton, Mifflin, 1891 url .
- The silva of North America: a description of the trees which grow naturally in North America exclusive of Mexico /by Charles Sprague Sargent. .. illustrated with figures and analyses drawn from nature by Charles Edward Faxon. .. 14 1902 Boston, New York: Houghton, Mifflin and company, 1891-1902. url p. 116.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 96.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 1025, p. 396, p. 568, p. 578, p. 641, p. 650, p. 763.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 18, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea