The Campanulaceae are herbs, shrubs , or rarely small trees comprising about 70 genera and 2,000 species usually with milky sap . The leaves are nearly always alternate and simple ; stipules are absent The flowers are bisexual , and actinomorphic in the subfamily Campanuloideae but zygomorphic in the Lobelioideae. The perianth and androecium are usually 5-merous, sometimes 3-10-merous. The calyx and corolla each consist of connate segments. The stamens equal the number of corolla lobes , alternate with them, and are adnate to the extreme base of the corolla or epigynous zone or more commonly arise from the annular epigynous nectary disk; the filaments are distinct and the anthers are introrse and only weakly connivent around the style in the Campanuloideae but in the lobelioideae the introrse anthers and also often the filaments are firmly connate. The gynoecium consists of a single compound pistil of usually 2 carpels and locules with numerous axile ovules in the subfamily Lobelioideae but usually consists of 3-5 carpels and locules with numerous axile ovules in the subfamily Campanuloideae. The single style commonly has a number of lobes or stigmas equal to the number of carpels. The ovary is nearly always inferior and is generally crowned with an epigynous annular nectary disk. The fruit is usually a capsule or berry. -- Gerald Carr.
, or hirsute
. Leaves simple
, alternate or forming rosettes at the base
. Inflorescence 1-many flowered, with racemes
or spikes. Flowers blue to purple or white. Sepals 5, with or without reflexed
; calyx tube
to the ovary, segments 5-lobed. Corolla campanulate
, funnel-shaped or tubular
. Stamens 5, free
at the base. Ovary 3-locular; style cylindrical; stigmas 3. Fruit a capsule, elongated to ovoid
, with membran¬ous walls; dehiscence by irregular pores
at the bases or the sides. Seeds minute, numerous
A genus of over 300 species, mostly in the temperate regions . Represented in Pakistan by c.15 species.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Order: Asterales () - Lindley, 1833
- Superorder: Campanulanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Campanula
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 219 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
C. alliariifolia (Ivory Bells) · C. alpestris (Alpine Bellflower) · C. angustiflora (Eastwood's Bellflower) · C. aparinoides (Bedstraw Bellflower) · C. arvatica (Campanula) · C. aucheri (Bellflower) · C. aurita (Yukon Bellflower) · C. barbata (Bearded Bellflower) · C. betulifolia (Birch-Leaved Bellflower) · C. bononiensis (European Bellflower) · C. californica (Swamp Bellflower) · C. carnica (Bellflower) · C. carpatica (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'Blue Clips' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica f. alba 'Weisse Clips' (White Clips Carpathian Harebell) · C. carpatica 'White Clips' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'Alba' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'China Cup' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'China Doll' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'Deep Blue Clips' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'Pearl Deep Blue' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'Pearl White' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'Peter Nix' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'Thor Pedo' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'Ultra' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. carpatica 'White Star' (Carpathian Bellflower) · C. cashmeriana (Kashmir Bellflower) · C. cashmeriana 'Blue Cloud' (Kashmir Bellflower) · C. cenisia (Mt. Cenis Bellflower) · C. chamissonis (Dasyantha) · C. chamissonis 'Oyobenii' (Dasyantha) · C. cochlearifolia (Earleaf Bellflower) · C. cochlearifolia 'Bavarian Blue' (Earleaf Bellflower) · C. cochlearifolia 'Bavarian White' (Earleaf Bellflower) · C. cochlearifolia 'Elizabeth Oliver' (Earleaf Bellflower) · C. cochleariifolia 'Bavaria Blue' (Bavaria Blue Dwarf Bellflower) · C. collina (Blue Dwarf Bellflower) · C. divaricata (Panicled Bellflower) · C. elatines var. fenestrellata (Bellflower) · C. elatinoides (Bellflower) · C. excisa (Bellflower) · C. exigua (Chaparral Bellflower) · C. floridana (Florida Bellflower) · C. formanekiana (Bellflower) · C. formanekiana 'Pkmfor168' (Macedonian Harebell 'pkmfor168') · C. garganica (Adriatic Bellflower) · C. garganica 'Backhouse' (Adriatic Bellflower 'backhouse') · C. garganica 'Dickson's Gold' (Dickson's Gold Adriatic Bellflower) · C. garganica 'Hirsuta' (Adriatic Bellflower) · C. gieseckiana groenlandica (Gieseck's Bellflower) · C. gieseckiana subsp. groenlandica (Greenland Bellflower) · C. glomerata (Clustered Bellflower) · C. glomerata 'Crown of Snow' (Clustered Bellflower) · C. glomerata 'Acaulis' (Clustered Bellflower) · C. glomerata 'Alba' (Clustered Bellflower) · C. glomerata 'Caroline' (Clustered Bellflower) · C. glomerata 'Joan Elliott' (Clustered Bellflower) · C. glomerata'Joan Elliot' (Clustered Bellflower) · C. glomerata 'Purple Pixie' (Clustered Bellflower) · C. glomerata 'Superba' (Clustered Bellflower) · C. griffinii (Griffin's Bellflower) · C. groenlandica (Greenland Bellflower) · C. grossekii (Bellflower) · C. hawkinsiana (Bellflower) · C. incurva (Bellflower) · C. isophylla (Falling Stars) · C. isophylla Starina Bicolor Star = 'Camp Bulewhit' (Italian Bellflower [starina Bicolor Star]) · C. isophylla 'Mayi' (Falling Stars) · C. kemulariae (Bellflower) · C. kolenatiana (Bellflower) · C. lactiflora 'Dwarf Pink' (Milky Bellflower) · C. lactiflora 'Loddon Anna' (Milky Bellflower) · C. lactiflora 'Pritchards Variety' (Milky Bellflower) · C. lanata (Woolly Bellflower) · C. lasiocarpa (Common Alaska Harebell) · C. latifolia (Giant Bellflower) · C. latifolia var. macrantha (Wide-Leaved Bellflower) · C. latifolia 'Brantwood' (Wide-Leaved Bellflower) · C. latifolia 'Eriocarpa' (Wide-Leaved Bellflower) · C. latifolia 'Gloaming' (Wide-Leaved Bellflower) · C. latiloba 'Faichem Lilac' (Bellflower) · C. latiloba 'Splash' (Bellflower) · C. ledebouriana (Bellflower) · C. linarioides (Tuffybells) · C. longistyla 'Isabella' (Compact Lavender Bellflower) · C. lusitanica (Bellflower) · C. makaschvilii (Bellflower) · C. medium (Canterbury Bellflower) · C. medium 'Alba' (Canterbury Bells) · C. medium 'Caerulea' (Blue Cup And Saucer) · C. medium 'Calycanthema Double Mix' (Canterbury Bells) · C. medium 'Calycanthema Mix' (Canterbury Bells Cup And Saucer) · C. medium 'Champion Blue' (Canterbury Bells) · C. medium 'Chelsea Pink' (Canterbury Bells) · C. medium 'Cup and Saucer' (Canterbury Bells) · C. medium 'Pkmm01' (Bellflower 'pkmm01') · C. medium 'Rosea' (Canterbury Bells) · C. mirabilis (Campanula) · C. morettiana (Campanula) · C. ochroleuca (Bellflower)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url , p. 239, p. 414.
- 1997 IUCN red list of threatened plants Cambridge: IUCN, World Conservation Union, 1998 url p. 109, p. 110, p. 111.
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 28.
- A course in vertebrate zoology, a guide to the dissection and the comparative study of vertebrate animals, by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. Boston, Ginn and company[c1925] url p. 331.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 105.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 111, p. 112, p. 115, p. 214, p. 223, p. 348, p. 391, p. 510, p. 634, p. 655, p. 75.
- A glossary of botanic terms with their derivation and accent. By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. London, Duckworth; url p. 70.
- A guide and key to the aquatic plants of the Southeastern United States, by Don E. Eyles and Lynne Robertson, Jr. With original drawings by Garnet W. Jex. Washington, U. S. Govt. Print. Off., 1963. url p. 138, p. 63.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 216, p. 217.
- A little book of perennials, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, N. Y., The A. T. De La Mare1923. url p. 159, p. 161, p. 29, p. 37, p. 64, p. 65.
- A little garden the year round, wherein much joy was found, experience gained and profit, spiritual as well as mundane, derived without loss of prestige in a practical neighborhood. New York, E. P. Dutton & company[c1919] url , , , , , , , , .
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url .
- A manual of the common invertebrate animals, exclusive of insects / by Henry Sherring Pratt. .. with over one thousand illustrations. Chicago: A.C. McClurg & Co., 1923. url p. 729.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 4 1941 1941. url p. 1103, p. 716.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url .
- A naturalist in the Great Lakes region, by Elliot Rowland Downing. Chicago, Ill., University of Chicago Press[c1922] url , p. 145, p. 312.
- A preliminary catalogue of the flora of Vancouver and Queen Charlotte Islands. Victoria, B.C., Printed by W. H. Cullin, 1921. url p. 77.
- A preliminary classification of the plant communities of northeastern Montana / Robert L. DeVelice [et al.]. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1991. url , , , , , , , , , .
- A report upon the boreal flora of the Sierra Nevada of California / by Frank Jason Smiley. Berkeley, Calif.: University of California Press, 1921. url p. 351, p. 418.
- A second supplement to, and summary of Stewart and Corry's flora of the North-east of Ireland / compiled by Sylvanus Wear, with an introduction by R. Lloyd Praeger. Belfast: Belfast Naturalists' Field Club, 1923. url p. 126.
- A study of the mammals of Iran: resulting from the Street Expedition of 1962-63 [by] Douglas M. Lay. 54 1967 [Chicago]Field Museum of Natural History, 1967. url p. 276, p. 64.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 167, p. 84.
- A text-book of zoology / London: Macmillan, 1921. url p. 685.
- A text-book of zoology, by the late T. Jeffery Parker. .. and William A. Haswell. .. London, Macmillian and co., limited, 1921. url p. 685, p. 685.
- Age and area; a study in geographical distribution and origin of species, by J. C. Willis, with chapters by Hugo de Vries, H. B. Guppy, Mrs. E. M. Reid, James Small. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press, 1922. url p. 152, p. 254.
- Alpine plants / by A.J. Macself; illustrated with colour photographs by R.A. Malby, water colour drawings by Winifred Walker, line drawings by G.E. Lee. New York: Scribner, 1923. url p. 114, p. 127, p. 129, p. 200, p. 43, p. 68.
- An environmental profile of the Black Sea Coast WCMC url p. 12, p. 13.
- An introduction to cytology, by Lester W. Sharp. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 159, p. 430.
- An introduction to modern genetics, by C.H. Waddington. .. New York, The Macmillan company, 1939. url p. 268, p. 435.
- An introduction to the embryology of angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1950. url p. 442.
- An introduction to the study of the protozoa, with special reference to the parasitic forms. London, Arnold, 1922. url p. 506.
- An outline of plant geography, by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 170, p. 374, p. 50.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 659, p. 750.
- Annual report for the year ended June 30. .. / the United States National Museum. [Washington]: Smithsonian Institution, [1952-1964] url p. 126, p. 74.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1367, p. 1572, p. 1574, p. 1744.
- Arabic and Latin anatomical terminology chiefly from the Middle Ages. KristianiaJ. Dybwad1922 url p. 35.
- Aspects of plant life; with special reference to the British flora. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1921. url p. 56.
- Beautiful flowers and how to grow them, by Horace J. Wright & Walter P. Wright. Illustrated with 32 plates in full colours from paintings by Beatrice Parsons, Eleanor Fortesque Brickdale, Hugh L. Norris, Margaret Waterfield, A. Fairfax Muck 1922 Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, ltd., 1922. url figure , p. 166, p. 71, p. 72, p. 73.
- Biodiversity and representativeness of research natural areas on national wildlife refuges in Montana, designated areas within Benton Lake, Charles M. Russell, Lake Mason, Medicine Lake, and Red Rock final report / submitted to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; prepared by Stephen V. Cooper and Bonnie L. Heidel. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1999 url .
- Biological effects of radiation; mechanism and measurement of radiation, applications in biology, photochemical reactions, effects of radiant energy on organisms and organic products. Edited by Benjamin M. Duggar. With the cooperation of Janet Howell Clark, Kenneth S. Cole, Farrington Daniels [and others] New York andMcGraw-Hill Book Co., 1936. url p. 1113.
- Biology in America [by] R. T. Young, with more than two hundred illustrations. Boston, R. G. Badger[c1922] url p. 221.
- Biology in America [by] R.T. Young, with more than two hundred illustrations. Boston: R.G. Badger, [c1922] url p. 221.
- Biology of the vertebrates: a comparative study of man and his animal allies / by Herbert E. Walter and Leonard P. Sayles. New York: Macmillan Co., 1949. url p. 823, p. 842.
- Bionomics, systematics, and phylogeny of Lytta, a genus of blister beetles (Coleoptera, Meloidae) Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1960. url p. 286, p. 70.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 502.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 5, October 1990: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN url p. 75.
- Birds of the Kelley-Roosevelts expedition to French Indo-China, by Outram Bangs and Josselyn Van Tyne. 18 1931 Chicago, 1931. url p. 106.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 16 1953-1954 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url .
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 430, p. 449.
- British Basidiomycetae, a handbook to the larger British fungi. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1922. url p. 408.
- British Basidiomycetae: a handbook to the larger British Fungi. By Carleton Rea. Published under the auspices of the British mycological society. Cambridge: Univesity press, 1922. url p. 408.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , , p. 184, p. 210, p. 45, p. 58, p. 7.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , , , , .
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 18, p. 677, p. 836.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 111, p. 112.
- Bulletin of the Natural History Museum. London: The Natural History Museum, c1993-2002. url p. 157, p. 6, p. 9.
- Calendar of the letters of Charles Robert Darwin to Asa Gray / Boston, Mass.Historical Records Survey, 1939. url p. 51, p. 55.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , , p. 1755, p. 1761, p. 1781, p. 1934, p. 1936, p. 1950, p. 1951, p. 2034, p. 2051, p. 2056, p. 2059, p. 2140, p. 2659, p. 2668.
- Catalogue of birds of the Americas and the adjacent islands in Field Museum of Natural History. by Charles E. Hellmayr. 13 1934 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1934. url p. 45.
- Circle west vegetation baseline study: final report / by Richard Prodgers. Helena: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation,  url p. 107.
- Come into the garden, New York, The Macmillan company, 1921. url p. 197, p. 199, p. 266, p. 318.
- Come into the garden, by Grace Tabor. Illustrated with photographs. New York, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 318.
- Comparative morphology of Fungi, by Ernst Albert Gäumann. .. translated and revised by Carroll William Dodge. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1928. url p. 594.
- Compositae newsletter. Columbus, Ohio: Dept. of Botany, Ohio State University, 1975- url p. 13.
- Comprehensive index to the Flora of Guatemala / Terua P. Williams. 24 1977 [Chicago]: Field Museum of Natural History, 1977. url p. 42.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , , , , , .
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 23 2001 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 267, p. 320, p. 545, p. 590, p. 642.
- Cryptogamic plants of the USSR. (Flora sporovykh rastenii SSSR) Translated from Russian. Jerusalem[Published for the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 19 - url p. 212, p. 398, p. 400, p. 502.
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 46.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 94.
- Dictionary of botanical equivalents, French-English, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager and Edwina M. Smiley. Baltimore, Md., Williams & Wilkins[c1921] url p. 55.
- Diseases of economic plants, New York, The Macmillan company, 1921. url p. 407, p. 408, p. 493.
- Diseases of economic plants, by F. L. Stevens and J. G. Hall New York, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 407, p. 408, p. 493.
- Down the garden path, New York, McCall's magazine, c1922 url p. 8.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 132, p. 195, p. 347, p. 390, p. 403.
- Effects of mineral levels on physiology and morphology of plants / by Johannes Bernardus Balthasar Brolmann. 1968. url p. 9.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 82.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 22, p. 5, p. 52, p. 54, p. 6.
- Experimental pollination; an outline of the ecology of flowers and insects, by Frederic E. Clements and Frances L. Long. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1923. url p. 106, p. 109, p. 240, p. 269, p. 61, p. 62, p. 92.
- Field Museum of Natural History bulletin. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, -c1990. url p. 19.
- Fieldbook of Illinois wild flowers; six hundred fifty of the more common flowering plants in the state. Urbana, 1936. url p. 329, p. 329.
- Fishes of the Yellowstone national park; with description of the park waters and notes on fishing, by Hugh M. Smith and William C. Kendall. .. Washington, Govt. Print Off., 1921. url p. 14.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 108, p. 109, p. 110, p. 111, p. 112, p. 872, p. 988.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , , p. 333, p. 367.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1938 Chicago, 1937. url p. 1578, p. 975.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 250, p. 293.
- Flora of Guatemala / Dorothy L. Nash; Cucurbitacae contributed by Jennie V.A. Dieterle. 24 1976 Chicago, ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1976. url p. 396, p. 397, p. 400.
- Flora of Guatemala / Paul C. Standley and Louis O. Williams. 24 1973 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1973. url p. 349, p. 352.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 230, p. 377.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1176, p. 893, p. 894, p. 895.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 1067, p. 848, p. 849, p. 851, p. 998.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 172.
- Flora of Yucatan, by Paul C. Standley. 3 1930 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 349, p. 386.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 358, p. 415.
- Flora of the Lancetilla Valley, Honduras, by Paul C. Standley. 10 1931 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1931. url p. 399.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 111, p. 126, p. 140, p. 518, p. 519, p. 613, p. 629, p. 643.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 1092, p. 822, p. 823.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , , p. 1, p. 117, p. 119, p. 153, p. 218, p. 235, p. 238, p. 240, p. 245, p. 248, p. 258, p. 260, p. 261, p. 267, p. 268, p. 269, p. 271, p. 272, p. 294, p. 302, p. 305, p. 310, p. 317, p. 327, p. 346, p. 347, p. 348, p. 350, p. 351, p. 352, p. 38, p. 42, p. 44, p. 92, p. 92, p. 93, p. 96, p. 97, p. 97, p. 98.
- Fritz Bahr's commercial floriculture; a practical manual for the retail grower, New York, The A. T. De la Mare company, inc.[c1922] url , , .
- Garden guide; the amateur gardeners' handbook. Profusely illustrated with over 275 teaching plans and diagrams and reproduced photographs, all made expressly for this standard text book. Edited by A. T. De La Mare. New York, A. T. De La Mare[c1920] url p. 100, p. 22, p. 271, p. 373, p. 374, p. 83, p. 84, p. 99.
- Gardening under glass; a little book of helpful hints written particularly for those who would extend their gardening joys around the twelvemonth, by F.F. Rockwell. Garden City, N. Y., Doubleday, Page, 1923. url p. 282, p. 84.
- Gardens for small country houses, London, C. Scribner's Sons, 1920. url .
- General and professional biology: with special reference to man / by Edward J. Menge. Milwaukee, Wis: Bruce, 1922. url p. 920.
- Global Biodiversity: status of the Earth's living resources WCMC url p. 216.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1979 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 130, p. 94, p. 95.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 296, p. 657.
- Growth of plants; twenty years' research at Boyce Thompson Institute. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp., 1948. url p. 450.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 271, p. 274, p. 275, p. 276, p. 277.
- Hill prairies of Illinois. Urbana, 1955. url p. 438.
- House & garden's book of gardens; containing over four hundred illustrations of special flower types, plans and suggestions for landscape work, a complete gardener's calendar of the year's activities, planting and spraying tables, and New York, C. Nast & Company, 1921. url p. 32, p. 33, p. 35, p. 65.
- How plants are trained to work for man / by Luther Burbank; prefatory note by David Starr Jordan. New York: Collier, c1921- url p. 115, p. 115, p. 130, p. 130, p. 131, p. 131, p. 397, p. 397.
- Hymenoptera of America north of Mexico: synoptic catalog, second supplement / prepared by the staff and collaborators of the Hymenoptera Unit, Insect Identification and Parasite Introduction Research Branch, Entomology Research Division, Agricultural Research Service, under the Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1967. url p. 491.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 294.
- Illinois wild flowers, by John Voss and Virginia S. Eifert. Springfield,  url p. 217, p. 247.
- Introduction to cytology, by Lester W. Sharp. .. New York, McGraw-Hill Book Company, inc., 1934. url p. 329, p. 471, p. 537.
- Introduction to the mammal survey of the 1965 Street Expedition to Afghanistan [by] Jerry D. Hassinger. 55 1968 [Chicago]Field Museum of Natural History, 1968. url p. 27, p. 40, p. 51.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 65.
- Iowa parks. Conservation of Iowa historic, scenic and scientific areas. Also, a description of numerous areas suitable for public state parks, with reasons for their preservation. Report of the State board of con Pub. by the state of Iowa. Des Moines url p. 163.
- Iowa parks. Des Moines url p. 163.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 24, p. 66.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 21 2001 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 96.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 456.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 456.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 456, p. 457, p. 498.
- Landscape garden series, ed. by Ralph Rodney Root. Davenport, Ia.: The Garden Press,  url p. 36, p. 39, p. 43.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , , p. 101, p. 103, p. 114, p. 24.
- Lessons in elementary biology, by T. Jeffery Parker. .. With one hundred and twenty-seven illustrations. London, Macmillan and Co., Limited, 1920. url , p. 472, p. 473.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 26, p. 473, p. 475, p. 57, p. 61, p. 62, p. 70, p. 71, p. 72, p. 82.
- List of rare, threatened and endemic plants in Europe (1982 edition) Council of Europe url p. 173, p. 203, p. 321, p. 56, p. 74, p. 75.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , p. 104, p. 108, p. 110, p. 111, p. 113, p. 114, p. 116, p. 118, p. 121, p. 129, p. 135, p. 137, p. 139, p. 141, p. 145, p. 146, p. 148, p. 151, p. 152, p. 154, p. 157, p. 81, p. 82, p. 88, p. 92, p. 96, p. 97, p. 98.
- Manual of plant diseases, Wilkes-Barré, Pa., The Record press, c1914-22 url p. 146, p. 891.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 1288, p. 1289, p. 1290, p. 1508.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 384, p. 585.
- Medical mycology; fungous diseases of men and other mammals, by Carroll William Dodge. .. St. Louis, The C.V. Mosby company, 1935. url p. 90.
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 58, p. 62.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url , .
- Morphology of the angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1961. url p. 203, p. 483, p. 67, p. 70.
- Mycotrophy in plants; lectures on the biology of mycorrhizae and related structures. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Co., 1950. url p. 33.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 14, p. 72.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 106, p. 106, p. 452, p. 452, p. 96, p. 96.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 402.
- New Place, Haslemere, and its gardens. [London]: Printed for private circulation, 1921. url p. 18.
- New illustrated encyclopedia of gardening, unabridged. Edited by T.H. Everett, with contributions from twenty horticulturists and authorities in the United States and Canada. New York, Greystone Press[1964-] url p. 44.
- Nomenclature of plants; a text for the application by the case method of the International code of botanical nomenclature. New York, Ronald Press Co. url p. 102, p. 135.
- North Atlantic biota and their history; a symposium held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík, July 1962, under the auspices of the University of Iceland and the Museum of Natural History. Editors: Askell Löve and Doris Löve. Sponsored Oxford, New York, Pergamon Press, 1963 url p. 101, p. 216, p. 270, p. 319, p. 88.
- Notes on the distribution and bibliography of North American bees of the families, Apidae, Meliponidae, Bombidae, Euglossidae, and Anthophoridae, New York1920 url p. 519.
- Novon a journal of botanical nomenclature from the Missouri Botanical Garden. 2 1992 St. Louis, MO: Missouri Botanical Garden, url p. 130, p. 235, p. 34, p. 35, p. 36, p. 37, p. 381, p. 384, p. 385, p. 436, p. 437, p. 440, p. 67.
- Old time gardens, newly set forth by Alice Morse Earle; a book on the sweet o' the year. New York: Macmillan, 1922 [c1901] url , p. 263, p. 283, p. 480, p. 51.
- Pages from a garden note-book, New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1921. url , , , p. 285, p. 99.
- Palladin's Plant physiology. Authorized ed. in English, based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) of the Text-book of plant physiology. By Vladimir I. Palladin. With additions and Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son, [c1926] url p. 344.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 511, p. 512, p. 513, p. 583.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 10, p. 103, p. 128, p. 136, p. 138, p. 139, p. 157, p. 157, p. 162, p. 171, p. 187, p. 191, p. 2, p. 25, p. 272, p. 308, p. 315, p. 362, p. 363, p. 389, p. 393, p. 394, p. 4, p. 404, p. 409, p. 411, p. 411, p. 411, p. 413, p. 414, p. 42, p. 420, p. 428, p. 453, p. 477, p. 498, p. 502, p. 505, p. 505, p. 505, p. 506, p. 506, p. 506, p. 507, p. 507, p. 53, p. 68, p. 70, p. 9.
- Planning and planting for the home beautiful, by Clarence B. Fargo. New York, Printed by Clarence B. Fargo, 1925. url p. 150.
- Planning your garden, by W. S. Rogers; illustrated by the author. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, 1923. url p. 267.
- Plant community classification for vegetation on BLM lands, Pryor Mountains, Carbon County, Montana / Robert L. DeVelice & Peter Lesica; for USDI Bureau of Land Management, State Office. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1993. url p. 47.
- Plant culture; a working handbook of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, New York, A. T. De La Mare Co., Inc.[c1921] url , , , , .
- Plant disease Fungi, by F. L. Stevens... New York, The Macmillan company[c1925] url p. 239, p. 245, p. 444.
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url , , p. 160, p. 234, p. 236, p. xiii.
- Plant morphogenesis. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 539.
- Plant names, by T. S. Lindsay. London, Macmillan, 1923. url p. 62, p. 88.
- Plant physiology, by Vladimir I. Palladin. Authorized English ed. based on the German translation of the 6th Russian ed. and on the 7th Russian ed. (1914) Edited by Burton Edward Livingston. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.[c1923] url p. 344, p. 344.
- Plant propagation; being a description of the various methods employed by both amateur and professional gardeners. Written and comp. by Walter Davis, London"The Bazaar, exchange & mart" office1922 url p. 189, p. 96.
- Plant sociology; the study of plant communities; authorized English translation of Pflanzensoziologie, by Dr. J. Braun-Blanquet. Translated, revised and edited by George D. Fuller and Henry S. Conard. New York and London, McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1932. url p. 292, p. 411, p. 65.
- Plant species of concern and plant associations of Powder River county, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2002. url , , , .
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 261.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 113, p. 135, p. 140, p. 143, p. 148, p. 172, p. 197, p. 20, p. 203, p. 204, p. 242, p. 270, p. 271, p. 30, p. 38, p. 55, p. 57, p. 65, p. 73, p. 75, p. 78, p. 85, p. 99.
- Practical plant propagation; an exposition of the art and science of increasing plants as practiced by the nurseryman, florist and gardener, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, A. T. De La Mare company, inc., 1922. url p. 103, p. 13, p. 26, p. 32.
- Preliminary draft list of plant species for inclusion in a 'Responsibility List' of European plants WCMC url p. 115, p. 23, p. 25, p. 73, p. 79, p. 81.
- Principles of animal ecology, by W. C. Allee [and others] Philadelphia, Saunders Co., 1949. url p. 433.
- Principles of plant physiology, by Oran Raber. New York, The Macmillan Co., 1938. url p. 335.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , , .
- Pronunciation of plant names. [New York, Reproduced and printed by National Process Company]1922. url p. 15.
- Protected Landscapes: experience around the world. Prepared for the International Symposium on Protected Landscapes, Grange-over-Sands, England 5-10 October 1987 IUCN url p. 113, p. 25, p. 61.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 23, p. 8.
- Publications in natural sciences = Publications de sciences naturelles / Ottawa: National Museums of Canada, 1983- url p. 31.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. Oxford, [etc.]Clarendon Press [etc.] url p. 310, p. 311.
- Recent advances in cytology, by C. D. Darlington. With a foreword by J. B. S. Haldane. With 16 plates, 160 text-figures and 81 tables. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., inc., 1937. url , p. 105, p. 122, p. 123, p. 149, p. 150, p. 151, p. 153, p. 154, p. 155, p. 156, p. 157, p. 220, p. 258, p. 264, p. 344, p. 496, p. 506, p. 507, p. 509, p. 512, p. 513, p. 515.
- Report on the conservation status of Arabis fecunda, a candidate threatened species / [Peter Lesica]. Helena, MT.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 11.
- Rubber-content of North American plants, by Harvey M. Hall and Frances L. Long. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1921. url p. 44.
- Saturday in my garden; a practical guide to the cultivation of small gardens, London: Richards, 1921. url p. 124, p. 303, p. 479, p. 79.
- Scientific results of the Katmai expeditions of the National Geographic Society. I-X. By Robert F. Griggs, J.W. Shipley, Jasper D. Sayre, Paul R. Hagelbarger and James S. Hine. Columbus: The Ohio State University, 1920. url , p. 57.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 36, p. 53.
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Bull River and adjacent drainages, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Kootenai National Forest, Montana / prepared by Lisa Ann Schassberger and J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 55.
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Gallatin National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for U.S. Forest Service, Gallatin National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 51.
- Sensitive plant surveys, 1989: U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest / prepared for United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service; prepared by Sarah Y. Mathews. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 78.
- Sensitive, threatened, and endangered vascular plants of Montana / Peter Lesica, J. Stephen Shelly. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, Montana State Library, 1991. url p. 81.
- Serial publications in the British Museum (Natural History) Library. London: British Museum1980. url p. 346.
- Smithsonian year. 1971 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965-1976. url p. 232, p. 71, p. 92.
- Smithsonian year: annual report of the Smithsonian Institution for the year ended Sept. 30. .. 1981 City of Washington: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1980-2001. url p. 379, p. 410, p. 443.
- Some common mushrooms and how to know them / by Vera K. Charles. Washington, D.C.: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1946. url p. 59.
- South African botany, London, Longmans, Green, 1922. url .
- Spixiana. 6 1983 München: Zoologische Staatssammlung München, 1977- url p. 156.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 153, p. 193, p. 39, p. 473, p. 63, p. 64.
- Status review of Cirsium longistylum, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1 Lewis and Clark National Forest, Montana / Lisa A. Schassberger and Peter L. Achuff. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 33.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 709, p. 780.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 12, p. 45, p. 53, p. 57, p. 9, p. 9.
- System of ophthalmology. St. Louis, Mosby, 1958- url p. 302, p. 787.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 1004, p. 153, p. 212, p. 280, p. 295, p. 314, p. 357, p. 394, p. 396, p. 397, p. 409, p. 438, p. 460, p. 573, p. 583, p. 91.
- Technical report: Illinois natural areas inventory / by the Department of Landscape Architecture, Univeristy of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and the Natural Land Institute, Rockford, Illinois. Urbana: Dept. of Landscape Architecture, University of Illinois and Natural Land Institute, 1978. url p. 353.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1052, p. 1104, p. 1189, p. 1227, p. 1260, p. 1518, p. 1893, p. 2187, p. 951.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 108, p. 113, p. 67.
- The Bulletin of zoological nomenclature. London, International Trust for Zoological Nomenclature. url p. 215.
- The Collecting net. Woods Hole, Mass., The Collecting net url p. 171, p. 58.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 230, p. 377, p. 378, p. 379, p. 58, p. 726, p. 779, p. 789.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 116, p. 211, p. 217, p. 319, severson & uresk, page 78.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 125.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url , .
- The North American cup-fungi (inoperculates) New York, 1951. url p. 177, p. 274, p. 418.
- The Northwest coast, by Richard L. Williams and the editors of Time-Life Books. New York, Time-Life Books[c1973] url p. 182.
- The Plasmodiophorales; including a complete host index, bibliography, and a description of diseases caused by species of this order, by John S. Karling. New York city, The author, 1942 url p. 137, p. 56, p. 58, p. 66.
- The biologist's handbook of pronunciations. Illus. by Morris Van Dame and the author. Springfield, Ill., Thomas url p. 53.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url , p. 154, p. 189, p. 408, p. 409, p. 503.
- The botanic gardens list of rare and threatened species IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 8.
- The botany of Bihar and Orissa: an account of all the known indigenous plants of the province and of the most important or most commonly cultivated exotic ones / with maps and introduction by H. H. Haines. London: Printed by Adlard and sold by agents for Indian Official Publications, 1921-25. url p. 1276, p. 499, p. 503.
- The chromosomes. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1937. url p. 125, p. 88.
- The classification of lower organisms. Palo Alto, Calif., Pacific Books url p. 168, p. 170, p. 301.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 388, p. 94, p. 94.
- The complete home landscape, by Arthur J. Jennings, in collaboration with Leonard H. Johnson. New York, A. T. De La Mare, 1924. url p. 130, p. 157, p. 158, p. 162, p. 163, p. 166, p. 169, p. 86.
- The complete illustrated book of garden magic. Chicago, J.G. Ferguson Pub. Co. url p. 144, p. 331.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden / by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 406.
- The culture of pot-plants in rooms, greenhouses, & frames, by Hugh C. Davidson. London, C. Lockwood, 1922. url p. 36, p. 97.
- The distribution of the vegetation and flora of New Zealand. By L. Cockayne. Nelson, N.Z., R.W. Stiles & Co., Printers, 1920 url p. 44.
- The elements of genetics / C. D. Darlington and K. Mather. New York: Macmillan, 1950. url p. 130, p. 134, p. 141, p. 317, p. 318, p. 321, p. 326, p. 439.
- The flowering process. New York, Macmillan, 1963. url p. 15, p. 226.
- The garden that we made, London, The offices of "The Girl's own paper & woman's magazine" url , , , .
- The life of inland waters; an elementary textbook of fresh-water biology for students, by James G. Needham and J. T. Lloyd. Springfield, Ill., C. C. Thomas, 1930. url p. 344.
- The little garden, Boston, The Atlantic monthly press[c1921] url .
- The moths of the British Isles / by Richard South. London; Frederick Warne & Co., [1920?] url , p. 232.
- The natural history of the USSR / Algirdas Knystautas; foreword by Vladimir Flint; [translation, John S. Scott]. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1987. url p. 57.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The nature of life, by W.J.V. Osterhout. .. New York, H. Holt and company[c1924] url , p. 101.
- The nature-study of plants in theory and practice for the hobby-botanist, by Thomas Alfred Dymes, with an introduction by F.E. Weiss. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge;1920. url .
- The nursery-manual; a complete guide to the multiplication of plants, by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan,  url p. 267, p. 407, p. 445.
- The pears of New York. By U.P. Hedrick, assisted by G.H. Howe[and others] Albany, Lyon, 1921. url .
- The phanerogams of the Juan Fernandez Islands. url , , .
- The physiology of flowering. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston url p. 128, p. 159, p. 7.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 240, p. 268.
- The principles of vegetable-gardening. New York: Macmillan, [c1921] url .
- The process of evolution [by] Paul R. Ehrlich [and] Richard W. Holm. Illustrated by Anne H. Ehrlich. New York, McGraw-Hill url p. 178, p. 334.
- The rock garden, London, C. Scribner's sons, 1920. url , , , .
- The theory of the gene, by Thomas Hunt Morgan. .. New Haven, Yale University Press;1928. url p. 352.
- The vegetable garden; illustrations, descriptions, and culture of the garden vegetables of cold and temperate climates, by MM. Vilmorin-Andrieux, of Paris. English ed. pub. under the direction of W. Robinson. With an addendum by W. P. Thomson. New York, E.P. Dutton and company, 1920. url p. 631, p. 789.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , , , , , .
- The vertebrate eye and its adaptive radiation [by] Gordon Lynn Walls. Bloomfield Hills, Mich., Cranbrook Institute of Science, 1942 url p. 714.
- The well-considered garden, by Mrs. Francis King, with preface by Gertrude Jekyll. New York, Scribner, 1922. url , p. 159, p. 229.
- The world book, organized knowledge in story and picture; editor-in-chief, M.V. O'Shea, editor, Ellsworth D. Foster, editor for Canada, George H. Locke, assisted by one hundred fifty distinguished scientists, educators, artists, and leaders of thought in the Chicago, Quarrie, 1920. url p. 1086, p. 2229, p. 6439.
- Town gardening / by Mary Hampden. New York, C.Scribner's sons, 1922 url p. 20, p. 68.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 47.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 1285, p. 1690.
- U.S. gardening guide: everything you need to know about how to make things grow / compiled by Jeffery Feinman. New York: Simon and Schuster, c1979. url p. 105.
- Variety in the little garden, by Mrs. Francis King. Boston, Atlantic Monthly Press[c1923] url p. 42.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , .
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 18, p. 72.
- Vertebrate zoology; an introduction to the comparative anatomy, embryology, and evolution of chordate animals, by G. R. de Beer. .. with an introduction by Julian S. Huxley. .. New York, Macmillan, 1928. url p. 494.
- Village England, by Sir William Beach Thomas. New York, The Macmillan company, 1935. url .
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 230.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 230.
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url .
- Wildfire succession in plant communities natural to the Alkali Creek vicinity, Charles M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2001. url .
- World Plant Conservation Bibliography WCMC, Royal Botanic Gardens url p. 440, p. 622.
- Wrightia. 1 1945 Richardson, Tex. [etc.]University of Texas at Dallas. url p. 13, p. 14, p. 144, p. 17, p. 18, p. 19, p. 20, p. 28, p. 282, p. 51, p. iii.
- Year book of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society with the annual report for. . [Boston, Mass.: s.n., - url p. 25.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.