Common Names in English:
American Beauty Berry, American Beauty-Berry, American Beautyberry, Beauty-Berry, French Mulberry, French-Mulberry
or rarely climbing
, verticillately branched, dendritic
, or rarely simple
or 4-angled. Leaves opposite or in 3s. Cymes axillary
, sessile or pedunculate
; bracts linear
. Calyx campanulate
or minutely 4-dentate, unaltered in fruit. Corolla actinomorphic
, campanulate or tubular
4. Stamens 4, inserted
on corolla tube
slender, often exserted; anthers
, dehiscing by longitudinal
slits or circular pores
. Ovary imperfectly 2-locular; ovules 2 per locule, attached to middle
or distal part of ovary. Style usually longer
than stamens; stigma usually dilated
. Fruit a small globose
drupe, endocarp bony, mesocarp
thin. Seeds small, oblong; seed coat
membranous; cotyledons fleshy.
About 140 species: mainly in tropical and subtropical Asia, few in tropical America and Africa, and very few in temperate Asia and North America; 48 species in China.
Flowers: Bloom Period: March, April, May, June. • Flower Color: inconspicuous, lavender, near white, none, pale pink, violet, white
Size: 4-6' tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 634 meters (0 to 2,080 feet).
Culture: Space 4-6' apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b. (map)
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Plants
Acacia fasciculata (Willd.)poir. • Anneslia fasciculata (Willd.)kleinhoonte • Calliandra angustidens Britton & Killip • Calliandra tenuiflora Benth. • Feuilleea fasciculata Kuntze • Inga fasciculata Willd.
Publishing author : Lour. Publication : Fl. Cochinch. 1: 70 1790 [Sep 1790]
Members of the genus Callicarpa
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 21 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
C. acuminata (Beautyberry) · C. americana (American Beauty Berry) · C. americana caroliniana (American Beautyberry) · C. americana var. ampla (American Beautyberry) · C. ampla (Cap Rosa) · C. bodinieri (Bodinier Beautyberry) · C. bodinieri var. giraldii (Beautyberry) · C. bodinieri var. giraldii 'Profusion' (Beautyberry) · C. cathayana (China Beautyberry) · C. dichotoma (Chinese Beauty-Berry) · C. dichotoma 'Albifructus' (White Beautyberry) · C. dichotoma 'Early Amethyst' (Early Amethyst Purple Beautyberry) · C. dichotoma 'Issai' (Japanese Beautyberry) · C. japonica (Japanese Beautyberry) · C. japonica var. luxurians (Japanese Beautyberry) · C. japonica 'Issai' (Issai Purple Beautyberry) · C. japonica 'Leucocarpa' (Japanese Beautyberry) · C. japonica 'Zhou Zhou Fuchsia' (Japanese Beautyberry) · C. kwangtungensis (China Beautyberry) · C. mollis (Japanese Beautyberry) · C. shikokiana (China Beautyberry)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A User's guide to CERC's Field Research Facility / by W.A. Birkemeier. .. [et al.]. Fort Belvoir, Va.: National Technical Information Service, Operations Division [distributor, 1981] url p. 117.
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url , p. 372.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 171.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 857.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 67.
- A survey of natural areas in Brunswick County, North Carolina: for The North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url .
- A survey of natural areas in Tyrrell County, North Carolina: for The North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 10.
- Addisonia: colored illustrations and popular descriptions of plants. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1916-. url p. 45.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 385.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 99.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 20 1909 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 168, p. 186, p. 209.
- Annual report of the Bureau of American Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: U. S. Govt. Print. Off., 1897- url p. 663.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1395.
- Arboretum et fruticetum Britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London, Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 180, p. 2615.
- Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London, Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 180.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 47 - 51 1980 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 27, p. 30.
- Bergen's botany: key and flora: Northern and Central States ed. / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 193.
- Biltmore Nursery, Biltmorse, N.C. [North Carolina?: The Nursery?], c1912 url p. 59.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 372, p. 477, p. 624.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Biological Survey. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1907. url p. 10.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 1914 41 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 214, p. 309, p. 560, p. 588, p. 644.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 8.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 330.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 23 1920-1926 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 1253, p. 317, p. 449, p. 477, p. 479, p. 539, p. 556, p. 695.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 537.
- Dr. John Fothergill and his friends; chapters in eighteenth century life; by R. Hingston Fox. London: Macmillan, 1919. url p. 165.
- Elements of botany: or, Outlines of the natural history of vegetables / by Benjamin Smith Barton. Philadelphia: Robert Desilver, 1827. url p. 295.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 106, p. 149, p. 262, p. 270.
- FWS/0BS. [Washington]Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Dept. of the Interior. url p. 225, p. 41, p. 440, p. 60, p. 94.
- Flood tolerance of plant species in bottomland forests of the southeastern United States / 1992. url p. 112, p. 118, p. 138, p. 140, p. 154, p. 155, p. 157, p. 178, p. 191, p. 194.
- Flora Hongkongensis; a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. LondonL. Reeve1861 url p. 271.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 319.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 218.
- Flora of Miami; being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally on the Everglade Keys and in the adjacent Everglades, southern peninsular Florida. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 161.
- Florida wild flowers; an introduction to the flora of the Florida peninsula, by Mary Francis Baker, photographs by the author. New York, The Macmillan company, 1926. url p. 192, p. 243.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 193.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 690.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 690, p. 690.
- Grazing effects on herbage composition and nutrient distribution on a Florida range flatwoods / by Burton J. Smith. 1978. url p. 280.
- Hand-list of Coniferae: grown in the Royal botanic gardens. London: Printed for H. M. Stationery off. by Darling & son, Ltd., 1903. url p. 577.
- Hand-list of trees and shrubs, excluding Coniferae, grown in Arboretum. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1902 url p. 577.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 312.
- Heteroptera, or true bugs of eastern North America, with especial reference to the faunas of Indiana and Florida, by W.S. Blatchley. .. Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1926. url p. 490.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 397.
- Hortus suburbanus Calcuttensis; A catalogue of the plants which have been cultivated in the Hon. East India Company's botanical garden, Calcutta, and in the Serampore botanical garden. By the late J. O. Voigt, printed under the superintendence of W. Griffith. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press, 1845. url p. 467.
- In lower Florida wilds; a naturalist's observations on the life, physical geography, and geology of the more tropical part of the state, by Charles Torrey Simpson. With sixty-four illustrations and two maps. London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1920. url p. 195, p. 212.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 32.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 200.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 8-9 1988-1989 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 46.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url , p. 142, p. 198, p. 201, p. 41, p. 72.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 35 1934 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 133, p. 22, p. 249, p. 269, p. 278, p. 287, p. 291, p. 311, p. 325, p. 37, p. 41, p. 55, p. 60, p. 99.
- Journal of the New York Entomological Society. Lawrence, Kan.: Allen Press [etc.] url p. 273.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 1143.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url p. 129, p. 130.
- Native woody plants of the United States, their erosion-control and wildlife values. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1938. url , p. 79.
- Natural area inventory of Hyde County, North Carolina / [Raleigh]: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Department of Natural Resources and Community Development, 1982. url p. 153.
- Natural area inventory of Pamlico County, North Carolina / [Raleigh]: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Department of Natural Resources and Community Development, 1982. url p. 38, p. 40, p. 47.
- Natural area inventory of Pender County, North Carolina / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 117, p. 159, p. 45.
- Natural area inventory of Washington County, North Carolina / [Raleigh]: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Department of Natural Resources and Community Development, 1982. url p. 78, p. 91.
- Natural areas inventory of Carteret County, North Carolina: for the North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / [Raleigh]: N.C. Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, N.C. Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, . url p. 18, p. 210, p. 234.
- Natural areas inventory, Gates County, North Carolina / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development,  url p. 147, p. 26, p. 86.
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 690.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 22.
- Ornamental gardening in Florida, by Charles Torrey Simpson; a treatise on the decorative plants adapted to Florida and their cultivation, with suggestions for the ornamentation of Florida homes and grounds. Little River, Fla., The author, 1916. url p. 111, p. 111, p. 189, p. 189.
- Ornamental gardening in Florida, radio series - 1933-34. Gainesville, Fla., Cooperative extension work in agriculture and home economics, 1934. url .
- Ornamental shrubs of the United States (hardy, cultivated) by Austin Craig Apgar. New York, American Book Company[c1910] url p. 289.
- Ornithological biography, or an account of the habits of the birds of the United States of America; accompanied by descriptions of the objects represented in the work entitled The Birds of America, and interspersed with delineations of American scenery and manners / Edinburgh: Adam Black, 1831-1839. url p. 507.
- Our native birds of song and beauty, being a complete history of all the songbirds, flycatchers, hummingbirds, swifts, goatsuckers, woodpeckers, kingfishers, trogons, cuckoos, and parrots, of North America. 1 1893 Milwaukee, G. Brumder, 1893-96. url p. 15, p. 23.
- Papers on Tipulidae / by Charles P. Alexander. [s.l.: s.n.]1910-1923. url p. 532, p. 536.
- Parks: a manual of municipal and county parks compiled as a result of a nation-wide study of municipal and county parks conducted by the Playground and Recreation Association of America, in co-operation with edited by L.H. Weir. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co., 1928. url p. 681, p. 682, p. 690, p. 691, p. 692.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 14, p. 15, p. 17, p. 19, p. 21, p. 25, p. 26, p. 32, p. 345, p. 376, p. 377, p. 38, p. 40, p. 41, p. 46, p. 48, p. 525, p. 60, p. 85, p. 87, p. 91.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url , p. 107, p. 111, p. 111, p. 112, p. 112, p. 113, p. 114, p. 114, p. 116, p. 118, p. 124, p. 131, p. 14, p. 150, p. 152, p. 154, p. 167, p. 187, p. 19, p. 191, p. 192, p. 194, p. 195, p. 199, p. 20, p. 21, p. 219, p. 225, p. 226, p. 23, p. 234, p. 236, p. 257, p. 259, p. 26, p. 28, p. 30, p. 304, p. 31, p. 327, p. 328, p. 331, p. 357, p. 358, p. 358, p. 361, p. 366, p. 37, p. 375, p. 381, p. 383, p. 384, p. 385, p. 387, p. 388, p. 40, p. 40, p. 42, p. 427, p. 427, p. 427, p. 428, p. 429, p. 429, p. 433, p. 441, p. 449, p. 450, p. 451, p. 454, p. 465, p. 467, p. 47, p. 471, p. 475, p. 476, p. 477, p. 479, p. 480, p. 49, p. 49, p. 490, p. 494, p. 495, p. 497, p. 50, p. 53, p. 54, p. 54, p. 57, p. 61, p. 64, p. 70, p. 71, p. 72, p. 88, p. 91.
- Plant covering of Ocracoke Island; a study in the ecology of the North Carolina strand vegetation. By Thomas H. Kearney, jr. Washington, Gov't Print. Off., 1900. url p. 317.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 695.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 695.
- Plantae Lindheimerianae: an enumeration of F. Lindheimer's collection of Texan plants, with remarks and descriptions of new species, etc. / by George Engelmann and Asa Gray. 1907 Boston: Printed by Freeman and Bolles, 1845- url p. 209, p. 209.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url , , p. 532.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 218, p. 832.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 969.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 832.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 15.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 289, p. 37.
- Technical series. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1895-1915. url p. 29.
- The American gardener's calendar: adapted to the climates and seasons of the United States: containing a complete account of all the work necessary to be done. .. for every month in the year: with ample practical directions for perf by Bernard M'Mahon. Philadelphia: A. M'Mahon, 1839. url p. 602.
- The American gardener's calendar; adapted to the climate and seasons of the United States. By Bernard M'Mahon. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott, 1857. url p. 626.
- The American journal of science. 21(2) 1856 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 298.
- The Auk. Washington, D.C.: American Ornithologists' Union, etc., 1884- url p. 44.
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 373, p. 373, p. 373, p. 373.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 754.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url , p. 1073, p. 938.
- The Fulgoridae or plant-hoppers of Mississippi, including those of possible occurance: a taxonomic, biological, ecological and economic study / by Herbert Lawrence Dozier. [Columbus, Ohio]The Ohio state university, 1922. url p. 142, p. 143, p. 49, p. 84.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 132.
- The Gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orome, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 394.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 28.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url .
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 26 1889-90 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 252, p. 668.
- The Verbenaceæ of the Malayan archipelago: together with those from the Malayan peninsula, the Philippines, the Bismark-archipelago, and the Palau-, Marianne- and Caroline-islands. .. / Groningen: M. de Waal, 1919. url , .
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 307, p. 307, p. 323, p. 323, p. 327, p. 327.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 4 1885 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 569.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 394.
- The identification of trees & shrubs; how to recognize, without previous knowledge of botany, wild or garden trees and shrubs native to the north temperate zone, with 2, 500 diagrams made by the author. New York, Dutton url p. 258.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 2075, p. 2696, p. 2697, p. 2699.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 663.
- The vegetation of Shackleford Bank / by I.F. Lewis. Raleigh: Edwards & Broughton, 1917. url , p. 24.
- The vegetation of south Florida south of 27 30 north, exclusive of the Florida keys, by John W. Harshberger. Philadelphia, Wagner Free Institute of Science, 1914. url p. 100, p. 119, p. 122, p. 126, p. 91.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 134, p. 142, p. 158, p. 190, p. 234, p. 24, p. 269, p. 273, p. 287, p. 95.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. 25 1926 [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 151.
- Transactions of the Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia. 7 1910 Philadelphia: Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia, 1887-1927. url p. 100, p. 119, p. 122, p. 126, p. 91.
- Travels in the Confederation, 1783-1784. From the German. Translated and edited by Alfred J. Morrison. Philadelphia, W.J. Campbell, 1911. url p. 123.
- Trees and shrubs hardy in the British Isles / by W. J. Bean. London: J. Murray, 1916. url p. 703.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 1253.
- Trees and shrubs, hardy in the British isles. LondonJ. Murray1914 url p. 703.
- Trees, shrubs and vines of the northeastern United States. .. together with an account of the principal foreign hardy trees, shrubs and vines cultivated in our country, and found in Central Park, New York City by H.E. Parkhurst. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1903. url p. 436.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 24 1983 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url , fig. 3, page 104, p. 126.
- Wholesale catalogue of American trees, shrubs, plants, and seeds, cultivated and for sale at the Linn©an Botanic Garden and nurseries, near New-York. William Prince, proprietor. .. New-York, Printed by T. and J. Swords, 1827. url p. 133.
- Winter botany, a companion volume to the author's Plant materials of decorative gardening, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 331.
- Winter botany, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 331.
- Wrightia. 1 1948 Richardson, Tex. [etc.]University of Texas at Dallas. url p. 245, p. 282.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 67.
- P'ei Chien & Chen Shou-liang, eds. 1982. Verbenaceae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 65(1): 1-229.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 18, 2007:
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2654899
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-32144
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13746085
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:861242-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 8516
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 32144
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 319128-2
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDVER05010
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: CAAML
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 25474
- "Callicarpa". in Flora of China Vol. 17 Page 4. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 91.530 meters (300.295 feet), Standard Deviation = 197.100 based on 614 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]