Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Barren Bromegrass, Barren Brome, Poverty Brome, Sterile Brome
Common Names in French:
Common Names in Japanese:
Common Names in Portuguese:
or with rhizomes. Leaf sheaths
; leaf blades linear
, usually flat; ligules membranous. Panicles spreading
, branches scabrid
, elongated or arched. Spikelets
large, with 3 to many florets
, upper florets often sterile
; rachilla disarticulating
and between florets, scabrid or shortly hairy
; glumes unequal or subequal
, shorter than spikelet, lanceolate or nearly ovate
, (1-) 5-7-veined, apex acute or long acuminate or aristiform
; floret callus glabrous
or both sides thinly hairy; lemmas rounded
on back or compressed
to keel, 5-9(-11) -veined, herbaceous or nearly leathery, margins
often membranous, apex entire or 2-toothed; awn
or arising from lemma between teeth slightly under apex, rarely awnless or 3-awned; palea narrow, usually shorter than lemma, keels ciliate
or scabrid. Lodicules 2. Stamens 3. Ovary apex with appendage
; styles 2, arising from lower front of appendage. Caryopsis oblong
, apex hairy, adaxial
. Chromosomes large, x = 7, 2n = 14, 28, 42, 56, 70.
About 150 species: temperate regions , mainly in the N hemisphere, also on mountains in the tropics; 55 species (eight endemic, at least three introduced ) in China.
Species Bromus sterilis
Annual . Culms simple or loosely tufted , erect or geniculately ascending , 50-100 cm tall, ca. 5 mm in diam., glabrous . Leaf sheaths pubescent ; leaf blades soft, 5-20 cm × 4-10 mm, pubescent; ligule 2-4 mm. Panicle lax , open, 10-20 × 7-12 cm, nodding ; branches spreading , up to 10 cm, each bearing 1-3 nodding spikelets. Spikelets oblong , wedge-shaped when mature , 20-35 × 4-8 mm, florets 5-9; lower glume subulate , 8-14 mm, 1-veined, upper glume oblong-lanceolate, 10-20 mm, 3-veined; lemmas lanceolate, 15-20 × 2-4 mm in side view , 7-veined, margins white membranous, apex 2-toothed, teeth 1-2 mm, awned from sinus ; awn 15-30 mm, as long as or longer than lemma body, slender, straight; palea subequal to lemma, keels sparsely ciliate . Stamens 3, anthers ca. 1 mm. Fl. May-Jun. 2n = 14. [source]
Wastelands; 600-3200 m .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,973 meters (0 to 6,473 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Anisantha sterilis (L.) Nevski • Anisantha sterilis (Linnaeus) Nevski • Festuca sterilis (Linnaeus) Jessen • Genea sterilis (Linnaeus) Dumortier • Sche-donorus sterilis (Linnaeus) Fries • Zerna sterilis (Linnaeus) Panzer.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Bromus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 88 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
B. aleutensis (Aleutian Brome) · B. alopecuros (Roadside Brome) · B. alopecuros caroli-henrici (Weedy Brome) · B. anomalus (Nodding Bromegrass) · B. arenarius (Australian Brome) · B. arizonicus (Arizona Brome) · B. arvensis (Field Brome) · B. benekkenii (Brome) · B. berterianus (Chilean Brome) · B. biebersteinii (Meadow Brome) · B. briziformis (Rattlesnake Brome) · B. carinatus (California Brome) · B. catharticus (Prairie Grass) · B. ciliatus (Canadian Brome) · B. ciliatus var. ciliatus (Fringed Brome) · B. ciliatus var. richardsonii (Fringed Brome) · B. commutatus (Hairy Brome) · B. danthoniae (Oat Brome) · B. diandrus (Great Brome) · B. erectus (Erect Brome) · B. erectus erectus (Upright Brome) · B. frondosus (Weeping Brome) · B. grandis (Tall Brome) · B. grossus (Whiskered Brome) · B. hordaceus (Soft Chess) · B. hordeaceus (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus hordeaceus (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus molliformis (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus thominei (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus subsp. hordeaceus (Downy Brome) · B. hordeaceus subsp. molliformis (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus subsp. thominei (Soft Brome) · B. inermis (Awnless Brome) · B. inermis inermis (Awnless Brome) · B. inermis inermis var. inermis (Smooth Brome) · B. inermis pumpellianus (Pumpelly's Brome) · B. inermis pumpellianus var. pumpellianus (Pumpelly's Brome) · B. inermis var. arcticus (Awnless Brome) · B. inermis var. inermis (Smooth Brome) · B. inermis subsp. pumpellianus (Pumpelly's Brome) · B. inermis 'Skinner's Gold' (Skinner's Gold Smooth Brome) · B. japonicus (Japanese Brome) · B. kalmii (Arctic Brome) · B. laevipes (Chinook Brome) · B. lanatipes (Woolly Brome) · B. lanceolatus (Mediterranean Brome) · B. latiglumis (Broad-Glumed Brome) · B. lepidus (Slender Soft Brome) · B. luzonensis (Hoary Brome) · B. madritensis (Compact Brome) · B. madritensis madritensis (Compact Brome) · B. mango (Mango Brome) · B. marginatus (Mountain Brome) · B. marginatus var. marginatus (Large Mountain Brome) · B. maritimus (Seaside Brome) · B. mollis non (Soft Chess) · B. mucroglumis (Arizona Brome) · B. nottowayanus (Nottoway Brome Grass) · B. orcuttianus (Orcutt Brome) · B. orcuttianus var. orcuttianus (Orcutt's Brome) · B. pacificus (Pacific Brome) · B. polyanthus (Basin Brome) · B. polyanthus var. paniculatus (Great Basin Brome) · B. polyanthus var. polyanthus (Great Basin Brome) · B. porteri (Nodding Brome) · B. pseudolaevipes (Coast Range Brome) · B. pubescens (Hairy Wood Brome Grass) · B. racemosus (Bald Brome) · B. ramosus (Bald Brome) · B. ramosus benekenii (Hairy Brome) · B. ramosus ramosus (Hairy Brome) · B. richardsonii var. richardsonii (Richardson´s Brome) · B. rigidus (Ripgut Brome) · B. riparius (Meadow Brome) · B. rubens (Foxtail Brome) · B. scoparius (Broom Brome) · B. secalinus (Bromegrass) · B. sitchensis (Alaska Brome) · B. sitchensis var. sitchensis (Sitka Brome) · B. squarrosus (Corn Brome) · B. squarrosus squarrosus (Corn Brome) · B. stamineus (Roadside Brome) · B. sterilis (Barren Bromegrass) · B. suksdorfii (Suksdorf's Brome) · B. tectorum (Cheat Grass) · B. tectorum var. tectorum (Cheatgrass) · B. texensis (Texas Brome) · B. vulgaris (Columbia Brome)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 122.
- A catalogue of plants growing without cultivation in the County of Nantucket, Mass. Northampton, Mass., Gazette Printing Co., 1888. url p. 68.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 137.
- A descriptive catalogue of the grasses of the United States, including especially the grass collections at the New Orleans exposition made by the U. S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, Gibson Bros., 1885. url .
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 56.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 117.
- A natural history of British grasses / by E.J. Lowe. London: John C. Nimmo, 1891. url p. 161, p. 173.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood. With sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from darwings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 136.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 109, p. 8.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url p. 169.
- Abstract of proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng.]: South London Entomological and Natural History Society, [1885-1896] url p. 17.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 192.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 522.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property; and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag By J. C. Loudon. London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1826. url p. 828.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 235.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 275.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 11, p. 214, p. 239, p. 239, p. 381, p. 385, p. 414, p. 414, p. 66.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 1910-1918 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 496.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 120, p. 166, p. 167, p. 173.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 123.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 49.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 282.
- Annual report of the Trustees of the State Museum of Natural History for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: The Trustees, 1886-1889. url p. 35, p. 35.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 44.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 352.
- Anzeiger der Kaiserlichen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftliche Classe. Wien: Der Akademie, 1864-1914. url p. 162.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 180.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 239, p. 243.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass.Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 319.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url , , , , , , , , .
- British grasses: an introduction to the study of the Gramineae of Great Britain and Ireland / 1867 London: Reeve & co., 1867 url p. 225, list of plates, page viii.
- British moths and their transformations. London: W. Smith, 1843-45. url , p. 51.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 295, p. 295.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url .
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 342.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1920 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 336, p. 868, p. 983.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 262, p. 274, p. 282.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 147.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 11.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 12, p. 28, p. 6.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1912 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 439.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 75, p. 92.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 140.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 129.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 30 1903 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 175, p. 200, p. 206, p. 34, p. 359, p. 36, p. 425.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 24.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 11.
- California art & nature San Diego url .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 245.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 147.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 862.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 862.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 417.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url p. 90.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 223, p. 27.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 48 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 110, p. 142, p. 144, p. 166, p. 171, p. 186, p. 191, p. 370, p. 396, p. 428, p. 430, p. 433, p. 467, p. 607, p. 695, p. 90.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 355.
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 75.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 226, p. 302, p. 342.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 361, p. 364, p. 393, p. 394.
- Diseases of cultivated plants and trees / by George Massee. New York: Macmillan, [1910?] url p. 227.
- Diseases of field and garden crops: chiefly such as are caused by fungi. London, MacMillan, 1884. url p. 136.
- Elements of agricultural chemistry in a course of lectures for the Board of Agriculture. Philadelphia, B. Warner, 1821. url p. 283, p. 295.
- Elements of agricultural chemistry, in a course of lectures for the Board of agriculture. By Sir Humphry Davy. .. Alexandria:and William F. Gray, 1815. url p. 382, p. l.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 127.
- Ergot of grains and grasses. [Washington]Office of Cereal Investigations, Bureau of Plant Industry, U. S. Department of Agriculture, 1920. url .
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 287.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 223, p. 56.
- FLORA OF RUSSIA A.A.Balkema Publishers url p. 253.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 130.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 145.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 310.
- Flora hibernica: comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland: arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin: W. Curry jun., 1836. url p. 310.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url .
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url , .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 51, p. 52.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 51, p. 51, p. 52, p. 52.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 19.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 20, p. 203, p. 204, p. 385, p. 439, p. 458, p. 474.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 96.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 157.
- Flora of Marlborough; with notices of birds and a sketch of the geological features of the neighborhood. .. London, J. Van Voorst, 1863. url p. 96.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 39.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 32, p. 33.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 90.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url , .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 50, p. 51.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url , .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 144.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 144.
- Florigraphia britannica, or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants and ferns of Britain / by Richard Deakin. London: Groombridge, 1857. url .
- Flowers; their origin, shapes, perfumes, and colours / Boston: Roberts Brothers, 1878. url p. 151.
- Fungoid disease of agricultural plants / by Jakob Eriksson; translated. from the Swedish by Anna Molander. London: Baillière, Tindall and Cox, 1912. url p. 115.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 604.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Grasses and forage plants a practical treatise comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value, methods of cultivating, cutting and curing, and the management of grass lands in the United States and British provi Boston: Lee and Shepard, 1895. url .
- Grasses and forage plants. A practical treatise. Comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Pro Boston, J. E. Tilton, 1867. url .
- Grasses and forage plants: a practical treatise comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British prov Boston, Lee and Shepard, 1888. url p. 20.
- Grasses of the West Indies. By A. S. Hitchcock and Agnes Chase. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 396, p. 428, p. 433, p. 440.
- Grasses of the West Indies. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1917. url p. 396, p. 428, p. 430, p. 433, p. 440, p. 467.
- Grasses: a handbook for use in the field and laboratory / by H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge: University Press, 1901. url p. 11, p. 165, p. 172, p. 179, p. 27, p. 32.
- Grasses; a handbook for use in the field and laboratory. By H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge, University Press, 1908. url p. 179, p. 30, p. 32, p. 43, p. 76.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 710.
- Grisebach, A. H. R. Flora of the British West Indian islands /by A.H.R. Grisebach. -18 London, L. Reeve, 1864. url p. 721.
- Half-hours in the green lanes: a book for a country stroll / by J. E. Taylor. London: W. H. Allen & Company, 1898. url p. 272.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 205.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 529.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London, L. Reeve & Co., ltd., 1918. url p. 533.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 89.
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Du London, J. Ridgway, 1824. url p. 12, p. 330, p. 384, p. 43.
- Hortus gramineus Woburnensis: or, an account of the results of experiments on the produce, and nutritive qualities of different grasses, and other plants, used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John Duke of Bedford /Illustrated with dried specimens of the plants upon which these experiments have been made, and practical observations on their natural habits, and the soils best adapted to their growth; pointing out the kinds most profitable for permanent pasture, irrigated meadows, dry or upland pasture, and the alternate husbandry; accompanied with the discriminating characters of the species, and varieties. By George Sinclair. 1816 London: Printed by B. McMillan, 1816. url p. 126, p. 176, p. 180, p. xiii.
- Hortus gramineus woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John, du By George Sinclair. London: J. Ridgway, 1826. url p. 12, p. 256, p. 298, p. 35.
- How to know the grasses; pictured-keys for determining the common and important American grasses, with suggestions and aids for their study. Dubuque, Iowa, W. C. Brown Co. url p. 68.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, H. Milford, Oxford University Press, 1922-1925. url p. 65, p. 88, p. 97, p. 98.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 1905 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 108, p. 110, p. 119, p. 120, p. 120, p. 148, p. 163, p. 165, p. 182, p. 200, p. 203, p. 208, p. 209, p. 249, p. 258, p. 261, p. 266, p. 270, p. 300, p. 340, p. 41, p. 41, p. 475, p. 51, p. 65, p. 7, p. 76.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url p. 337, p. 72, p. 746.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 6 1862 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 46.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 55.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 56.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1851. url .
- Manual of British grasses / 1907 London: Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent,  url figures , p. 157, p. 16, p. 57.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 921.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 150.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 31, p. 35, p. 54, p. 817.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 134, p. 135.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 361, p. 364, p. 393, p. 394.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 145.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 9 1900 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 210, p. 56.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 49, p. 49.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 468, p. 468, p. 537.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 210, p. 616.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 133.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- On the naturalised weeds and other plants in South Australia / by Richard Schomburgk. Adelaide: E. Spiller, Acting Govt. Printer, 1879. url p. 13.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 68.
- Pasture grasses and forage plants, and their seeds, weeds, and parasites. London, T. C. Jack, 1887. url .
- Pasture plants and pastures of New Zealand, by F.W. Hilgendorf. .. Melbourne and London [etc.]Whitcombe & Tombs, limited[1919?] url p. 38.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 59.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 227.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 1 1887-1889 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 179, p. ii.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 88.
- Principal poisonous plants of Canada / by Faith Fyles. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, Dominion Experimental Farms, 1920. url , p. 107, p. 6, p. 6.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 120, p. 395, p. 395.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 20, p. 20.
- Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, Mathematical and physical sciences. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society. url p. 312, p. 321.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 15, p. 204, p. 526.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 26.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 367, p. 391, p. 697, p. 708.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria. Melbourne: The Society, 1889- url p. 62.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 136.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: James B. Lyon, State Printer, 1867-1924. url p. 35, p. 35, p. 44.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 146.
- Report of the State Entomologist to the Regents of the University of the State of New York. .. [Albany: University of the State of New York], 1884- url p. 35.
- Report of the flora of Westchester County. Prepared for Bolton's History of the County. New YorkRoper & Burdge, 1880? url p. 822.
- Report. Victoria, B.C. url p. 18.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 62.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 145.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 571.
- Some grasses of the Northeast: a key to their identification by vegetative characters. Newark, Delaware: University of Delaware, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1962. url p. 39.
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 51.
- Summer in a bog. Cincinnati, Stewart & Kidd[c1913] url .
- Systematic arrangement of Australian Fungi, together with host-index and list of works on the subject. By D. McAlpine. Melbourne, R.S. Brain, Govt. Printer, 1895. url p. 215.
- Systematic lists illustrative of the Flora, Fauna, Palaeontology, and Archaeology of the North of Ireland / Belfast: Printed for the Club, 1870-1906. url p. 212.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1564.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 397.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 228.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url p. 228.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 174.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 102, p. 114, p. 126, p. 126, p. 192, p. 192, p. 226, p. 229, p. 230, p. 235, p. 240, p. 41, p. 55.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous, or flowering plants and the ferns / by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1838- url p. 47.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , .
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 141, p. 160, p. 176, p. 180.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 17.
- The Emu: official organ of the Australasian Ornithologists' Union. Melbourne: Royal Australasian Ornithologists Union, 1901- url p. 11.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 160.
- The English flora. London: Longman, 1824 url p. 159, p. 160, p. 160.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 131, p. 166.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 227, p. 235.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 288.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 679, p. 685.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 376, p. 539.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1856 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 140, p. 283, p. 527, p. 839.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 114, p. 150, p. 259, p. 26, p. 26, p. 28, p. 297, p. 30, p. 368, p. 376, p. 400, p. 404, p. 52, p. 54, p. 54, p. 60, p. 68, p. 75, p. 76, p. 784, p. 84.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 15.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 181, p. 184, p. 185, p. 186, p. 187, p. 188, p. 26, p. 68, p. 9.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 42, p. 42.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 173, p. 255, p. 566, p. 720.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 20 1884 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 301.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 324, p. 406.
- The Manchester flora: a descriptive list of the plants growing wild within eighteen miles of Manchester, with notices of the plants commonly cultivated in gardens; preceded by an introduction to botany, by L. H. Grindon. London, W. White, 1859. url p. 435.
- The Naturalist. 1893 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 102, p. 207, p. 253, p. 325.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 305.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 305.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 145, p. 145.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 168, p. 183, p. 318, p. 33, p. 379, p. 548, p. 99.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 1116, p. 570.
- The Queensland flora: Queensland, Printed by H. J. Diddams & co., 1899-1902. url .
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 674.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 456.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 35.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 246.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 165.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 184.
- The book of the seasons; or, The calendar of nature. LondonR. Bentley1833 url p. 159.
- The complete grazier and farmers' and cattlebreeders' assistant. .. originally written by William Youatt. .. considerably enlarged and mainly rewritten in 1893 and 1900 by William Fream. .. London, C. Lockwood and son, 1908. url p. 923.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 228.
- The farmer's and the planter's encyclopædia of rural affairs; Philadelphia, Lippincott, Grambo & co., 1851. url p. 228.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 342.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 595.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 194.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 194.
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 29.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 46.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 128.
- The food of Australian birds. An investigation into the character of the stomach and crop contents. A summary of work done by J.B. Cleland. .. J.H. Maiden. .. W.W. Froggatt. .. E.W. Ferguson. .. C.T. Musson. .. Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Government Printer, 1918. url p. 58.
- The grasses of Britain / by Richard Parnell; drawn and engraved by the author. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood, 1845. url , , p. 116, p. 117, p. 118, p. 121, p. 14, p. 149, p. 26.
- The grasses of Great Britain, London, R. Hardwicke url , , .
- The grasses of Hawaii, by A. S. Hitchcock. Honolulu, Hawaii, Bishop Museum Press, 1922. url p. 124.
- The grasses of Scotland. Edinburgh [etc.]W. Blackwood and Sons, 1842. url , , , p. 116, p. 117, p. 118, p. 121.
- The little English flora, or, a botanical and popular account of all our common field flowers. London, Simpkin, Marshall & co., 1842. url p. 188.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist's diary: a day-book of meteorology, phenology and rural biology. With a chart showing the blossoming of spring flowers in Europe, and an introduction of natural periodic phenomena, etc. 188-. London, Sonnenschein, Le Bas and Lowrey[pref. 1886] url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 415.
- The principles of agricultural practice as an instructional subject. By John Wrightson. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1893. url p. 46.
- The rusts of Australia their structure, nature and classification / by D. McAlpine. Melbourne: Robt. S. Brain, government printer1906. url p. 437, p. 445.
- The rusts of Australia, their structure, nature, and classification. Melbourne, Brain, 1906. url p. 331, p. 339.
- The survey of western Palestine. The fauna and flora of Palestine, by H. B. Tristram. London, The Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund, 1884. url p. 448.
- The tourist's flora: a descriptive catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of the British Islands, France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and the Italian islands / London: Reeve and Benham, 1850. url p. 415.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url p. 180, p. 247.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. 12 1912 Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 107, p. 222, p. 226, p. 237.
- Tracts relative to botany, tr. from different languages. Illustrated by nine copper plates, and occasional remarks. London, Printed by Phillips and Fardon [etc.]1805. url p. 41.
- Transactions and journal of proceedings / Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History & Antiquarian Society. Dumfries: Council of the Society, url p. 10.
- Transactions and proceedings and report of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: [The Society] W.C. Rigby, 1904-1911. url p. 61.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 161, p. 212, p. 224, p. 224, p. 289, p. 340, p. 377, p. 385, p. 506, p. 525.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 46, p. 46.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 195.
- Transactions of the California State Agricultural Society. Sacramento, G.H. Springer. url p. 141.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 205, p. 91.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 6 1901-1905 London. url p. 318, p. 321, p. 336, p. 337, p. 349, p. 358.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 290.
- Types of British vegetation, Cambridge, University Press, 1911. url .
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 40.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 186, p. 209, p. 230, p. 27.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 209, p. 27.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 275.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Oviedo. Departamento de Biología de Organismos y Sistemas: FCO
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2660815
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-40522
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2490700
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:75234-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 7875
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 40522
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA151F0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: BRST2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 21498
- Liang Liu, Guanghua Zhu & Klaus Ammann "Bromus". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 370, 371. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Bromus sterilis". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 373, 380. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 175.170 meters (574.705 feet), Standard Deviation = 277.180 based on 2,207 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]