Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Chinese:
Wu Mang Que Mai
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Awnless Brome, Hungarian Brome, Smooth Brome, Smooth Bromegrass
Common Names in Finnish:
Idänkattara, Rehukattara, Vihneetön Kattara
Common Names in French:
Brome De Hongrie, Brome Inerme, Brome Sans Arête
Common Names in German:
Grannenlose Trespe (Switzerland), Wehrlose Trespe
Common Names in Hungarian:
àrva Rozsnok, Magyar Roz Nok
Common Names in Italian:
Bromo Inerme, Forasacco Spuntato
Common Names in Japanese:
Ko Suzume No Chahiki
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Polish:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Russian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Bromo Inerme, Bromo Suave (Mexico), Cebadille Perenne (Argentina)
Common Names in Swedish:
or with rhizomes. Leaf sheaths
; leaf blades linear
, usually flat; ligules membranous. Panicles spreading
, branches scabrid
, elongated or arched. Spikelets
large, with 3 to many florets
, upper florets often sterile
; rachilla disarticulating
and between florets, scabrid or shortly hairy
; glumes unequal or subequal
, shorter than spikelet, lanceolate or nearly ovate
, (1-) 5-7-veined, apex acute or long acuminate or aristiform
; floret callus glabrous
or both sides thinly hairy; lemmas rounded
on back or compressed
to keel, 5-9(-11) -veined, herbaceous or nearly leathery, margins
often membranous, apex entire or 2-toothed; awn
or arising from lemma between teeth slightly under apex, rarely awnless or 3-awned; palea narrow, usually shorter than lemma, keels ciliate
or scabrid. Lodicules 2. Stamens 3. Ovary apex with appendage
; styles 2, arising from lower front of appendage. Caryopsis oblong
, apex hairy, adaxial
. Chromosomes large, x = 7, 2n = 14, 28, 42, 56, 70.
About 150 species: temperate regions , mainly in the N hemisphere, also on mountains in the tropics; 55 species (eight endemic, at least three introduced ) in China.
Species Bromus inermis
Perennial , with spreading rhizomes. Culms loosely tufted , erect , 50-120 cm tall, glabrous or retrorsely hairy below nodes. Leaf sheaths glabrous or shortly hairy; leaf blades flat, 20-30 cm × 4-8 mm, both surfaces and margins scabrid , glabrous or margins sparsely ciliate , apex acuminate, ligule 1-2 mm. Panicle dense at first, spreading after anthesis , 10-20 cm; branches 3-5 per node, up to 10 cm, scabrid, each bearing 2-6 spikelets . Spikelets 15-25 mm, florets 6-12; rachilla internodes 2-3 mm, spinulose ; glumes lanceolate, margins membranous, lower glume 4-7 mm, 1-veined, upper glume 6-10 mm, 3-veined; lemmas oblong-lanceolate,8-12 mm, 5-7-veined, glabrous, base scabrid, apex obtuse or emarginate ; awn up to 3-4 mm, or awnless; palea shorter than lemma, keels ciliate. Anthers 3-4 mm. Fl. and fr. Jul-Sep. 2n = 14, 28, 56. [source]
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,557 meters (0 to 14,951 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Juncanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Bromopsis inermis (Leysser) Holub • Bromus pskemensis Pavlov • Zerna inermis (Leysser) Lindman.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Bromus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 88 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
B. aleutensis (Aleutian Brome) · B. alopecuros (Roadside Brome) · B. alopecuros caroli-henrici (Weedy Brome) · B. anomalus (Nodding Bromegrass) · B. arenarius (Australian Brome) · B. arizonicus (Arizona Brome) · B. arvensis (Field Brome) · B. benekkenii (Brome) · B. berterianus (Chilean Brome) · B. biebersteinii (Meadow Brome) · B. briziformis (Rattlesnake Brome) · B. carinatus (California Brome) · B. catharticus (Prairie Grass) · B. ciliatus (Canadian Brome) · B. ciliatus var. ciliatus (Fringed Brome) · B. ciliatus var. richardsonii (Fringed Brome) · B. commutatus (Hairy Brome) · B. danthoniae (Oat Brome) · B. diandrus (Great Brome) · B. erectus (Erect Brome) · B. erectus erectus (Upright Brome) · B. frondosus (Weeping Brome) · B. grandis (Tall Brome) · B. grossus (Whiskered Brome) · B. hordaceus (Soft Chess) · B. hordeaceus (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus hordeaceus (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus molliformis (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus thominei (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus subsp. hordeaceus (Downy Brome) · B. hordeaceus subsp. molliformis (Soft Brome) · B. hordeaceus subsp. thominei (Soft Brome) · B. inermis (Awnless Brome) · B. inermis inermis (Awnless Brome) · B. inermis inermis var. inermis (Smooth Brome) · B. inermis pumpellianus (Pumpelly's Brome) · B. inermis pumpellianus var. pumpellianus (Pumpelly's Brome) · B. inermis var. arcticus (Awnless Brome) · B. inermis var. inermis (Smooth Brome) · B. inermis subsp. pumpellianus (Pumpelly's Brome) · B. inermis 'Skinner's Gold' (Skinner's Gold Smooth Brome) · B. japonicus (Japanese Brome) · B. kalmii (Arctic Brome) · B. laevipes (Chinook Brome) · B. lanatipes (Woolly Brome) · B. lanceolatus (Mediterranean Brome) · B. latiglumis (Broad-Glumed Brome) · B. lepidus (Slender Soft Brome) · B. luzonensis (Hoary Brome) · B. madritensis (Compact Brome) · B. madritensis madritensis (Compact Brome) · B. mango (Mango Brome) · B. marginatus (Mountain Brome) · B. marginatus var. marginatus (Large Mountain Brome) · B. maritimus (Seaside Brome) · B. mollis non (Soft Chess) · B. mucroglumis (Arizona Brome) · B. nottowayanus (Nottoway Brome Grass) · B. orcuttianus (Orcutt Brome) · B. orcuttianus var. orcuttianus (Orcutt's Brome) · B. pacificus (Pacific Brome) · B. polyanthus (Basin Brome) · B. polyanthus var. paniculatus (Great Basin Brome) · B. polyanthus var. polyanthus (Great Basin Brome) · B. porteri (Nodding Brome) · B. pseudolaevipes (Coast Range Brome) · B. pubescens (Hairy Wood Brome Grass) · B. racemosus (Bald Brome) · B. ramosus (Bald Brome) · B. ramosus benekenii (Hairy Brome) · B. ramosus ramosus (Hairy Brome) · B. richardsonii var. richardsonii (Richardson´s Brome) · B. rigidus (Ripgut Brome) · B. riparius (Meadow Brome) · B. rubens (Foxtail Brome) · B. scoparius (Broom Brome) · B. secalinus (Bromegrass) · B. sitchensis (Alaska Brome) · B. sitchensis var. sitchensis (Sitka Brome) · B. squarrosus (Corn Brome) · B. squarrosus squarrosus (Corn Brome) · B. stamineus (Roadside Brome) · B. sterilis (Barren Bromegrass) · B. suksdorfii (Suksdorf's Brome) · B. tectorum (Cheat Grass) · B. tectorum var. tectorum (Cheatgrass) · B. texensis (Texas Brome) · B. vulgaris (Columbia Brome)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 292.
- A manual of farm grasses, Washington, D. C., The author, 1921. url , , p. 170, p. 91.
- A manual of farm grasses, by A. S. Hitchcock. Washington, D. C.: The author, 1921. url p. 91.
- A manual of farm grasses. Washington, Hitchcock, 1921. url p. 170, p. 91.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 4 1941 1941. url p. 942.
- A preliminary report on the biology of Harding County, northwestern South Dakota / by Stephen S. Visher. Pierre, S.D.: State Publishing Co., 1914. url p. 35.
- A text-book of grasses with especial reference to the economic species of the United States, by A. S. Hitchcock. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url p. 233, p. 261, p. 33.
- A text-book of grasses: with especial reference to the economic species of the United States / by A.S. Hitchock. New York: Macmillan, 1914. url p. 233, p. 261, p. xvii.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- After wild sheep in the Altai and Mongolia; by E. Demidoff, prince San Donato. London, R. Ward, 1900. url p. 316.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url .
- Agricultural plant pest control: a study manual for commercial and governmental pesticide applicators / Helena, Mont.: Montana Department of Agriculture, 1998. url p. 126.
- Alfalfa farming in America, Chicago, Ill., Sanders Publishing Company, 1916. url , p. 270.
- Alfalfa farming in America, by Joseph E. Wing. Chicago, Ill.: Sanders Pub. Co., 1916. url p. 270.
- Alfalfa, Lucerne, Spanish trefoil, Chilian clover, Brazilian clover, French clover, medic, purple medic New York, Orange Judd company, 1901. url p. 146.
- Alfalfa, lucerne, Spanish trefoil, Chilian clover, Brazilian clover, French clover, medic, purple medic (Medicago sativa) Practical information on its production, qualities, worth, and uses, especially in the United States and Canada, New York, O. Judd, 1917, c1901. url , .
- American grasses / Washington: Gov. Print. Off., 1897-1901. url p. 308.
- American grasses / by F. Lamson-Scribner. Washington: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Division of Agrontology, 1897- url p. 308, p. 308.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 93.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 229.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 277.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 124.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 49.
- Annual report of the Missouri State Board of Agriculture. Jefferson City, Mo.: Missouri State Board of Agriculture, 1894-1914. url p. 340.
- Annual reports of the Department of Agriculture for the fiscal year ended. ..: report of the Secretary of Agriculture, miscellaneous reports. Washington: G.P.O., 1897-1924. url .
- Assessment of the Red Rock River subbasin and wetlands of the Centennial Valley / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2009. url p. 32.
- Australian grasses and pasture plants: with notes on native fodder shrubs and trees / by Fred Turner; drawings by Mary I. Turner. Melbourne: Whitcombe & Tombs,  url p. 85.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 42 - 46 1973 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 33, p. 56.
- Bergey's manual of determinative bacteriology, by Robert S. Breed [and others] Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co., 1957. url p. 125.
- Better business. Better farming. Better living. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 54.
- Biodiversity and representativeness of research natural areas on national wildlife refuges in Montana, designated areas within Benton Lake, Charles M. Russell, Lake Mason, Medicine Lake, and Red Rock final report / submitted to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; prepared by Stephen V. Cooper and Bonnie L. Heidel. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1999 url , , p. 25, p. 28, p. 41, p. 43, p. 45, p. 49, p. 52.
- Biological effects of radiation; mechanism and measurement of radiation, applications in biology, photochemical reactions, effects of radiant energy on organisms and organic products. Edited by Benjamin M. Duggar. With the cooperation of Janet Howell Clark, Kenneth S. Cole, Farrington Daniels [and others] New York andMcGraw-Hill Book Co., 1936. url p. 774.
- Biological survey of a prairie landscape in Montana's glaciated plains: final report / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program: 2001. url , , , , , , , .
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 527.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url , p. 106, p. 179, p. 180, p. 34, p. 5, p. 99.
- Botanical and vegetation survey of Carter County, Montana, Bureau of Land Management-administered lands / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst, Stephen V. Cooper, and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , , , p. 105, p. 17, p. 35.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url p. 93.
- Botanical survey of the Scratchgravel Hills, Lewis and Clark County, Montana / Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1998. url .
- Breeding crop plants, New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 207.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 9 1967 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 13, p. 19, p. 20, p. 41.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url , , , .
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 989.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 104, p. 105.
- Bulletin - Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, : Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station, 1907-1974. url p. 13.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 138, p. 212.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 147.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 42, p. 43.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url , , p. 10, p. 106, p. 12, p. 14, p. 20, p. 23, p. 23, p. 25, p. 25, p. 308, p. 33, p. 34, p. 37, p. 39, p. 48, p. 5, p. 50, p. 53, p. 6, p. 78, p. 9, p. 9, p. 95.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1919 1919 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 32.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 75, p. 82, p. 92.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 137, p. 140.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 4, p. 54, p. 8.
- Butterflies and moths of Newfoundland and Labrador: the macrolepidoptera / [Ottawa]: Agriculture Canada, 1980. url p. 155, p. 403.
- Canadian forestry journal. [Ottawa]: Canadian Forestry Association. url p. 1313.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 126, p. 132, p. 245, p. 4.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 147.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 78.
- Check list of publications issued by the Bureau of Plant Industry, United States Department of Agriculture, 1901-1920 and by the divisions and offices which combined to form this bureau 1862-1901. [Prepared by Jessie M. Allen] Washington, 1921. url p. 80.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 13.
- Chemical work in Canadian agriculture by Frank T. Shutt. S.l.: s.n., 1896? url .
- Circle west vegetation baseline study: final report / by Richard Prodgers. Helena: Energy Division, Montana Dept. of Natural Resources and Conservation,  url p. 100, p. 106, p. 34, p. 35.
- Circular / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry, 1908-1913. url p. 25, p. 3, p. 9.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url , p. 2, p. 3, p. 4, p. 7.
- Classification of the plant communities of Beaverhead, Silver Bow, and Madison Counties, Montana / for Bureau of Land Management, State Office, Billings, Montana. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 23, p. 73, p. 78, p. 83, p. 90.
- Clovers and how to grow them / New York: Orange Judd Company, 1906. url .
- Clovers and how to grow them, New York, Orange Judd company, 1912. url .
- Comparative morphology of Fungi, by Ernst Albert Gäumann. .. translated and revised by Carroll William Dodge. .. New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill Book Company, Inc., 1928. url p. 223, p. 674.
- Conservation status of Castilleja longispica on Custer and Gallatin National forests, Montana / prepared by Peter Lesica and Montana Natural Heritage Program. Helena, MT: MNHP, . url p. 15, p. 33, p. 34.
- Conservation strategy for Silene spaldingii (Spalding's catchfly) in Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2005. url , .
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 283.
- Critical Trends Assessment Program: 2001 report. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 2002. url p. 25.
- Critical trends assessment Program 2002 report [Illinois]: Illinois Dept. of Energy and Natural Resources, Office of Realty and Environmental Palnning: 2002 url p. 89.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 683.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 148, p. 239, p. 445, p. 446, p. 674.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada; New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url .
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 148, p. 445, p. 674.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 361, p. 363.
- Desirables and weeds for roadside management: a northern Rocky Mountain catalogue / [Helena]: Available through the National Technical Information Service, 1997] url , , , , .
- Dickinson's hand book on farm seeds. Chicago, The Albert Dickinson co.[c1916] url p. 51, p. 53.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 640, p. 761.
- Diseases of plants induced by cryptogamic parasites; introduction to the study of pathogenic Fungi, slime-Fungi, bacteria, & Algae, by Dr. Karl freiherr von Tubeuf. .. English ed. by William G. Smith. .. Three hundred and thirty illustrations. London, Longmans, Green & co., 1897. url p. 316.
- Dry land farming / by Thomas Shaw. St. Paul, Minn.: Pioneer Co., 1911. url p. 346, p. 356, p. 387.
- Dry land farming, St. Paul, Minn., The Pioneer company, 1911. url p. 346, p. 356, p. 387.
- Ecologically significant wetlands in the Missouri headwaters: Jefferson, lower Madison, lower Gallatin, and upper Red Rock River watersheds / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2004. url .
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, by Theodore C. Frye. .. and George B. Rigg. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1914] url p. 46.
- Elements of agriculture / by G.F. Warren. New York: Macmillan, ; 1913, c1909. url p. 186.
- Elements of agriculture, by G. F. Warren... London: Macmillan & co., ltd., 1909. url p. 186.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 11, p. 320.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 11, p. 11, p. 17, p. 20, p. 21, p. 3, p. 32, p. 36, p. 46, p. 52, p. 57, p. 6, p. 68, p. 78, p. 79, p. 91, p. 95.
- Farm and garden rule-book; New York, The Macmillan company, 1911. url p. 533.
- Farm and garden rule-book; a manual of ready rules and reference with recipes, precepts, formulas, and tabular information for the use of general farmers, gardeners, fruit-growers, stockmen, dairymen, poultrymen, foresters, rur New York, Macmillan, 1919. url p. 533, p. 571.
- Farm grasses of the United States; a practical treatise on the grass crop, seeding and management of meadows and pastures, descriptions of the best varieties, the seed and its impurities, grasses for special conditions, etc., etc. New York, O. Judd company, 1916. url , , , , , , , , .
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 118.
- Feeding farm animals, by Thomas Shaw. New York, O. Judd Company; [etc., etc.]1907. url p. 202.
- Feeding farm animals, principally in reference to dairy cows. Victoria, Printed by R. Wolfenden, printer to the King's most excellent Majesty, 1901] url p. 25.
- Feeds and feeding: a hand-book for the student and stockman / by W.A. Henry. .. Madison, Wis.: The author, 1912. url p. 168.
- Feeds and feeding; Madison, Wis., The Henry-Morrison company, 1915. url p. 208.
- Feeds and feeding; a handbook for the student and stockman, early editions by W. A. Henry; rewritten by F. B. Morrison. Madison, Wis., The Henry-Morrison company, 1922. url p. 210.
- Field crop production; a text-book for elementary courses in schools and brief courses in colleges, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url .
- Field crops in South Africa, by H. D. Leppan and G. J. Bosman. [Johannesburg]Central News Agency, 1923. url p. 297.
- Field crops, by A. D. Wilson. .. and C. W. Warburton. St. Paul, Minn., Webb publishing co., 1918. url p. 310.
- Field crops, by A.D. Wilson. .. and C.W. Warburton. St. Paul, Minn., Webb Pub. Co., 1914, [c1912] url p. 331.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 51, p. 52.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 51, p. 51, p. 52, p. 52.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 96, p. 97.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 156, p. 157.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 39.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 97.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 89, p. 90.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. 2 1934 [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 441, p. 444.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , , , , , , , .
- Fodder and pasture plants / by Geo. H. Clark and M. Oscar Malte; with colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, Canada: available at the Office of the Superintendent of Stationery, Government Printing Bureau, 1913. url p. 82.
- Fodder and pasture plants, Ottawa, Minister of Agriculture, 1913. url , .
- Fodder and pasture plants, by Geo. H. Clark, B.S.A. and M. Oscar Malte, Ph.D. With water colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Pub. in 1913. Reprinted by direction of the Honourable W.R. Motherwell, minister of agriculture, O Ottawa, F.A. Acland, Printer, 1923. url , p. 82.
- Fodder and pasture plants, by George H. Clark and M. Oscar Malte. Ottawa, Minister of Agriculture, 1913. url p. 82.
- Food for plants / Harris and Myers; edited and published by William S. Myers. New York: [s.n.], [191-?] url p. 282.
- Food for plants. New York, Chilean Nitrate of Soda Educational Bureau, [192-?] url p. 226.
- Food for plants. New York[191-?] url p. 282.
- Forage crops for soiling, silage, hay and pasture by Edward B. Voorhees. New York, Macmillan, 1913. url p. 13, p. 338, p. 339, p. 340.
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 195, p. 196.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url , p. 195.
- Grasses and forage plants, by J. B. Killebrew. .. Knoxville, Printed for University of Tennessee Press, by S. B. Newman, 1899. url , , p. 69.
- Grasses and forage plants, by J.B. Killebrew. Knoxville, Printed for University of Tennessee Press, by S. B. Newman, 1899. url p. 69.
- Grasses and how to grow them in North America / by Thomas Shaw. St. Paul: Webb publishing co., 1910. url p. 10, p. 12, p. 13, p. 166, p. 167, p. 36, p. 46.
- Grasses: a handbook for use in the field and laboratory / by H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge: University Press, 1901. url p. 13, p. 167, p. 178, p. 179, p. 31.
- Grasses; a handbook for use in the field and laboratory. By H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge, University Press, 1908. url p. 13, p. 167, p. 178, p. 179, p. 31, p. 43.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 709, p. 82.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 137.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 473.
- Handbook of experiment station work. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1893. url p. 163.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 167, p. 418.
- How plants are trained to work for man, by Luther Burbank. .. prefatory note by David Starr Jordan. New York: P. F. Collier & Son Company, [c1921] url p. 179.
- How to know the grasses; pictured-keys for determining the common and important American grasses, with suggestions and aids for their study. Dubuque, Iowa, W. C. Brown Co. url p. 61.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 293.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 169, p. 176.
- Improving California ranges / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1945. url .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 128, p. 616.
- Iowa year book of agriculture. [Des Moines], Iowa Dept. of Agriculture, 1901-1952. url p. 201, p. 757, p. 939.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 464, p. 467, p. 480, p. 483, p. 484, p. 52, p. 530.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url , p. 233.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 24 2004 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 101, p. 102, p. 104.
- Leaf smut of timothy / George A. Osner. Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University, 1916. url p. 189.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , .
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 56.
- Luther Burbank, his methods and discoveries and their practical application; London, Luther Burbank Press, 1914-15. url , .
- Luther Burbank: his methods and discoveries and their practical application / prepared from his original field notes covering more than 100, 000 experiments made during forty years devoted to plant improvement; with the assistance of the Luther Burbank Society and its entire me London: Luther Burbank Press, 1914-15. url p. 283.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 149.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 2, p. 33, p. 39, p. 814, p. 815.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 134, p. 135.
- Meadows and pastures, by Joseph E. Wing. .. Chicago, The Breeder's Gazette, 1911. url , p. 109, p. 121, p. 121, p. 17, p. 17, p. 370, p. 370, p. 374, p. 374, p. 375, p. 375, p. 377, p. 377, p. 389, p. 389, p. 390, p. 390, p. 405, p. 405, p. 413, p. 45, p. 45, p. 46, p. 46, p. 50.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 361, p. 363.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 49, p. 49.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , p. 103.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 24.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1956 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 12, p. 49.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 65.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 20.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- Occasional papers of the Museum of Natural History, the University of Kansas. 1989 Lawrence, Kan.: The University, 1971-1994. url p. 11, p. 2, p. 36, p. 4.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Kansas. [1900?- url p. 135.
- Pamphlets on forestry. Grazing. [1900?- url p. 4.
- Pamphlets on forestry. History. [1900?- url p. 222.
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, by Martin J. Sutton. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., limited, 1911. url p. 11, p. 40.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 59.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 132, p. 227, p. 330, p. 494, p. 70, p. 93.
- Plant disease Fungi, by F. L. Stevens... New York, The Macmillan company[c1925] url p. 358.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 138, p. 138.
- Practical farming; a plain book on treatment of the soil and crop production; New York, The Outing publishing company, 1907. url p. 290.
- Practical notes on grasses & grass growing in East Anglia. London, Jarrold, 1897. url .
- Prairie agriculture containing a list of chemical experiments; a series of experiments on the growth of seeds; a description of how plants grow; a sketch of the formation of the prairie soil by water and ice action; an a Winnipeg: Consolidated Stationery Co., [189-?] url .
- Principal poisonous plants of Canada / by Faith Fyles. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, Dominion Experimental Farms, 1920. url p. 6, p. 6.
- Productive farm crops / by E. G. Montgomery; 220 illustrations in text. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott, [c1922] url p. 309.
- Productive farm crops, by E. C. Montgomery. Philadelphia, Lippincott url p. 309.
- Productive farm crops, by E. G. Montgomery, 203 illustrations in the text. London, J.B. Lippincott company[c1916] url p. 309.
- Productive plant husbandry; a text-book for high schools, including plant propagation, plant breeding, soils, field crops gardening, fruit growing, forestry, insects, plant diseases and farm management, by Kary Cadmus Davis... 312 illustrations. London, J.B. Lippincott company[c1917] url p. 158.
- Pteridophyta, Gymnospermae and Monocotyledones / by O. Gelert and C.H. Ostenfeld. Copenhagen: Nordiske forlag, 1902. url p. 132.
- Quality assurance report on exotic plants: EMAP Western Pilot field sites in Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2001. url .
- Range and pasture management, by Arthur W. Sampson. New York, John Wiley, 1923. url p. 137, p. 138, p. 396, p. 44.
- Range management in the state of Washington. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1905. url p. 18, p. 19, p. 25.
- Range plant handbook. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1937. url .
- Range-wide status assessment of cirsium longistylum (long-styled thistle) / Helena: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2004. url , , .
- Rapid ecological assessment of selected state lands in southcentral Montana for plant species of special concern / prepared by James P. Vanderhorst; prepared for Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 10, p. 11, p. 15, p. 16, p. 17, p. 18, p. 19, p. 22, p. 7.
- Rare plant inventory of the outstanding natural areas of the Rocky Mountain Front / prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management; prepared by Lisa Ann Schassberger. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 27.
- Reclamation of mined lands in the western coal region / by Perry F. Narten. .. [et al.]. [Reston, Va.: Distribution Branch, Text Products Section, U.S. Geological Survey [distributor], 1983. url .
- Records of seed distribution and cooperative experiments with grasses and forage plants. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1902. url p. 13.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , .
- Report of the botanist / G. P. Clinton. [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1903-1911. url p. 310.
- Report on the conservation status of Cirsium longistylum, a candidate threatened species / Lisa A. Schassberger. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 10, p. 40.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 103.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 124, p. 50.
- Root development in the grassland formation, a correlation of the root systems of native vegetation and crop plants. Washington, Carnegie inst. of Washington, 1920. url p. 126, p. 132.
- Rural California, by E. J. Wickson. New York, The Macmillan company, 1923. url p. 115, p. 393.
- Scientific feeding of the domestic animals, by Martin Klimmer. Chicago, A. Eger, 1923. url p. 39.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 148.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 611, p. 613, p. 617, p. 84.
- Sensitive plant species survey, Garfield and McCone Counties, Montana / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant survey in the Sweetgrass Hills, Liberty and Toole Counties, Montana / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , p. 39, p. 40.
- Sensitive plant survey of the Sage Creek Area, Beaverhead County, Montana, Dillon Resource Area, Bureau of Land Management / prepared by Peter Lesica and Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for USDI Bureau of Land Management, Butte District. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 39.
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url , , .
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Gallatin National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for U.S. Forest Service, Gallatin National Forest. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 51, p. 75.
- Sensitive plant surveys, 1989: U.S. Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest / prepared for United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service; prepared by Sarah Y. Mathews. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 20.
- Sheep farming in America / By Joseph E. Wing. Chicago: Sanders, 1907. url p. 166, p. 172, p. 177.
- Sheep farming in America / Chicago: Sanders Publishing Co., c1905. url , .
- Sheep farming in America. By Joseph E. Wing. Chicago, Sanders, 1905. url p. 143, p. 149.
- Sheep farming in America. Chicago, The Breeder's gazette, 1912. url p. 176, p. 176, p. 182, p. 182, p. 186, p. 186.
- Sheep husbandry in Minnesota / by Thomas Shaw. St. Paul: Webb Pub. Co., 1901 [c1900] url p. 71, p. 72.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 157.
- Soil alkali, its origin, nature, and treatment. New YorkJ. Wiley1920 url p. 202.
- Soil alkali; its origin, nature, and treatment, by Franklin Stewart Harris. New York, J. Wiley, 1920. url , p. 202, p. 202.
- Soiling crops and the silo; how to cultivate and harvest the crops; how to build and fill the silo; and how to use silage. New York, O. Judd co., 1910. url p. 240.
- Some effects of the species and stage of maturity of plants on the forage consumption of grazing steers of various weights / by W.P. Garrigus and H.P. Rusk. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, 1939. url p. 463.
- Some grasses of the Northeast: a key to their identification by vegetative characters. Newark, Delaware: University of Delaware, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1962. url p. 39.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 10, p. 121, p. 193.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 188, p. 48.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 12, p. 14, p. 2, p. 2, p. 3, p. 3, p. 33, p. 4, p. 4, p. 6, p. 6, p. 9.
- Status review of Cirsium longistylum, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1 Lewis and Clark National Forest, Montana / Lisa A. Schassberger and Peter L. Achuff. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url p. 29, p. 6.
- Summer in a bog. Cincinnati, Stewart & Kidd[c1913] url .
- Sure feed crops, by John Fields. .. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma farm journal, 1914. url p. 186.
- Sure feed crops, by John Fields. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma farm journal, 1912. url p. 186.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 29, p. 52, p. 55.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 139, p. 275.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 139, p. 139, p. 275, p. 275.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url , p. 123, p. 225, p. 265, p. 78.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 102.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 48 1934 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url title page, index , fig. 9 , house , title page, index , p. 104, p. 111, p. 111, p. 117, p. 124, p. 14, p. 144, p. 145, p. 147, p. 148, p. 161, p. 168, p. 171, p. 189, p. 196, p. 198, p. 200, p. 201, p. 21, p. 216, p. 219, p. 219, p. 220, p. 222, p. 23, p. 234, p. 236, p. 251, p. 26, p. 26, p. 287, p. 292, p. 297, p. 331, p. 35, p. 4, p. 410, p. 423, p. 431, p. 434, p. 437, p. 44, p. 448, p. 451, p. 492, p. 54, p. 557, p. 56, p. 560, p. 562, p. 567, p. 569, p. 600, p. 64, p. 688, p. 73, p. 76, p. 83, p. 84, p. 89, p. 98.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 15, p. 150, fig. 1, page 150, p. 228, p. 260, lindquist, maxwell & weaver, page 267, p. 281, p. 290, p. 458, p. 643, p. 771.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url .
- The Irrigation age. Chicago: D.H. Anderson Pub. Co., 1891-1918. url p. 192, p. 55.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 413.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url .
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 437, p. 461, p. 464, p. 566, p. 570, p. 582, p. 603.
- The University of Colorado studies. Boulder, University of Colorado. url p. 138.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 39 1958 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 144, p. 542.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 67, p. 98.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 114.
- The botany of crop plants: a text and reference book. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son, [c1917] url , .
- The botany of crop plants; a text and reference book, by Wilfred W. Robbins. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1917] url p. 656, p. 76.
- The chemistry of plant and animal life, New York, The Macmillan company, 1913. url .
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 284, p. 363.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 245.
- The earth's bounty, by Kate V. Saint Maur, with many illustrations from photographs. London, Macmillan & Co., ltd., 1909. url p. 78.
- The farmers' handbook [4th ed.] Issued by direction of the Minister of agriculture. .. Comp. by W.H. Brown. .. Sydney, J. Spence, 1922. url p. 737.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, London, J. C. Nimmo, 1896-1900. url .
- The flowering process. New York, Macmillan, 1963. url p. 214.
- The forage and fiber crops in America, by Thomas F. Hunt. New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1907. url p. 93.
- The genera of grasses of the United States: with special reference to the economic species / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1920. url p. 25.
- The grasses and grass-like plants of New Mexico / E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Agricultural College, N.M.: New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1912. url p. 144.
- The grasses of Illinois / by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois Agricultural Experiment Station, 1918. url p. 402.
- The grasses of Illinois, by Edna Mosher. Urbana, Ill., 1918. url p. 402.
- The grasses of Iowa / L. H. Pammel, J. B. Weems, and F. Lamson-Schribner. Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1901-1904  i.e. 1905] url p. 103, p. 258, p. 284, p. 285, p. 314, p. 342, p. 343, p. 37, p. 401, p. 422, p. 70.
- The living flora of West Virginia, Wheeling, Wheeling News Litho. Co., 1913 url .
- The microbiology of the atmosphere. London, L. Hill;1961. url p. 42.
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 193, p. 22, p. 23, p. 33.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 13, p. 66.
- The potentialities of revegetating and utilizing agronomic species on strip mined areas in Illinois. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois, Agricultural Experiment Station url p. 16, p. 9.
- The principles of agronomy; a text-book of crop production for high-schools and short-courses in agricultural colleges, by Franklin S. Harris. .. and George Stewart. New York, The Macmillan company, 1915. url p. 297.
- The principles of soil management, New YorkMacmillan1910 url , p. 317.
- The small grains, by Mark Alfred Carleton. .. New York, The Macmillan company, 1916. url p. 509.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1394.
- The vegetation and phytogeography of coastal southwestern James Bay / Toronto: Royal Ontario Museum, 1980. url p. 17.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 419, p. 420, p. 812, p. 842.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 419, p. 420, p. 842.
- The weekly florists' review. Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co., 1897-1912. url p. 678.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 157, p. 160, p. 6, p. 82, p. 99.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url .
- Transactions of the British Mycological Society. London: Cambridge University Press, [1897-c1988] url p. 95.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 140.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 177.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 98.
- Trees, fruits, and flowers of Minnesota. Minneapolis: Minnesota State Horticultural Society, 1899-1920. url p. 2.
- University of Kansas publications, Museum of Natural History. 13 1960 Lawrence, University of Kansas. url p. 120, p. 133, p. 134, p. 135, p. 136, p. 367, p. 376, p. 397, p. 430, p. 503, p. 524, p. 556, p. 674, p. 746, fig. 3, page 83.
- Update to the report on the conservation status of Grindelia howellii, a candidated threatened species / Diane S. Pavek. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 45.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 24, p. 45.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 40.
- Vegetation and flora of the Line Creek Plateau area, Carbon County, Montana / prepared by Peter Lesica and the Montana Natural Heritage Program; prepared for USDA Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 18, p. 23.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url p. 47.
- Western grazing grounds and forest ranges; a history of the live-stock industry as conducted on the open ranges of the arid West, Chicago, The Breeder's gazette, 1913. url , p. 241, p. 242.
- Wheat; a practical discussion of the raising, marketing, handling and use of the wheat crop, Lincoln, Neb., Campbell soil culture pub. co., 1914. url p. 157.
- Woodhawk botanical survey, Fergus County, Montana, Lewistown District of the Bureau of Land Management / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1997. url p. 20, p. 21, p. 30.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 140, p. 232, p. 234, p. 25, p. 358, p. 481, p. 491, p. 693, p. 747.
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1895-1920. url p. 232, p. 234, p. 693.
- [Forestry reports] Washington, 1893-1910 url , .
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- "Bromus inermis". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 372, 375, 376. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed June 14, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 2 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (May 04, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2660800
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-40502
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13727946
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:74816-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 7807
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 40502
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA150L0
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 166599
- Liang Liu, Guanghua Zhu & Klaus Ammann "Bromus". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 370, 371. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Bromus inermis". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 372, 375, 376. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 291.970 meters (957.907 feet), Standard Deviation = 393.270 based on 8,919 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]