- Infusions and tinctures of Bidens frondosa are rated as outstanding herbal therapies for irritation, inflammation, pain, and bleeding of the urinary tract mucosa and are used for benign prostatic hypertrophy and increasing excretion of uric acid, decreasing the risk of gout attacks, as well as other medical uses (M. Moore 1993). [source]
- These composite flowers usually do not have "petals" (ray flowers ). The flowers are not very showy, they could be easy to bypass . You might not see them when they go to seed either, but if you pass by too closely you'll probably take a few seeds home with you! The seeds have 2 sharp barbed prongs that stick into clothing.
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Beggar Ticks, Beggar-Ticks, Bur Marigold, Devil´s Beggar-Ticks, Devil's Beggar-Ticks, Devil's Beggartick, Devil's Beggarticks, Devil's Bootjack, Devil's-Pitchfork, Devils Beggartick, Pitchfork Weed, Stick-Tights, Sticktight, Sticktights, Tickseed Sunflower
Common Names in French:
The largest family of flowering plants , the Compositae (Asteraceae), comprising about 1,100 genera and more than 20,000 species and characterized by many small flowers arranged in a head looking like a single flower and subtended by an involucre of bracts. A head may consist of both ray flowers and disk flowers, as in the sunflower, of disk flowers only, as in the burdock, or of ray flowers only, as in the dandelion.
The Heliantheae are a tribe of closely related genera of the sunflower family that can be readily recognized due to the association of a receptacular bract or chaff scale with each disk floret in the head . The heads usually include bisexual , actinomorphic disk florets with tubular corollas that have 4 or 5 distal lobes and also peripheral zygomorphic female or sometimes sterile florets with strap-shaped corollas that have 3 or fewer distal teeth. However, the ray flowers are sometimes absent and the heads are then discoid , containing only bisexual florets with tubular corollas. The pappus is absent or more commonly ranges from scales to stiff bristles . -- Gerald Carr.
or perennials [shrubs
], 5400 cm. Stems usually 1, usually erect
or 4-angled, often striate
) branched distally or ± throughout. Leaves usually cauline; usually opposite, rarely whorled
, distal sometimes alternate; petiolate
or sessile; blades
), or 13+-pinnatisect or -pinnately lobed
(submerged leaves multifid
. beckii, an aquatic
, serrate, or toothed
, sometimes hirtellous, hispidulous
, pilosulous, puberulent
, scabrellous, or strigillose
. Heads usually radiate
, sometimes ± disciform
, usually in corymbiform
arrays, sometimes in 2s or 3s or borne singly. Calyculi of (3) 513(21+) erect to spreading
, ± herbaceous (sometimes foliaceous
or bracts (sometimes surpassing
phyllaries). Involucres mostly hemispheric
, (1) 412(25+) mm diam. Phyllaries persistent
, mostly (4) 821(30+) in ± 2 series, usually distinct
, sometimes connate
0.050.1 their lengths
, mostly oblong
to lance-oblong, chartaceous
to membranous or scarious
(usually striate with brownish nerves
, margins usually hyaline
). Receptacles flat or slightly convex
, paleate; paleae usually falling, (usually stramineous
, sometimes yellow to orange, with darker striae) ± flat to slightly navicular
. Ray florets usually 121+ (often 3, 5, 8, or 13), sometimes 0, usually neuter
, sometimes styliferous and sterile
; corollas usually yellow, sometimes white or pinkish. Disc florets (5) 1260(150+), bisexual
; corollas usually yellow to orange, sometimes whitish [purplish], tubes
shorter than throats
(3) 5, ± deltate (staminal
glabrous; style-branch appendages
deltate or lanceolate to subulate
). Cypselae usually obcompressed
to flat, unequally 34-angled, and cuneate to oblanceolate
, sometimes (all or inner) ± equally 4-angled and linear-fusiform, rarely subterete, margins (± corky-winged in B. aristosa, B. cernua, and B. polylepis) usually retrorsely, sometimes patently or antrorsely, barbed
, apices sometimes attenuate, not beaked
[beaked], faces smooth
, striate, or ± tuberculate
, glabrous or hairy
, each sometimes with 2 grooves
; pappi 0, or persistent, of (1) 24(8) usually retrorsely, sometimes antrorsely, barbellate
or ciliate, rarely smooth, awns
. x = 13.
Species 150-250+: widespread, especially in subtropical , tropical , and warm-temperate North America and South America.
Within species of Bidens, leaves may be simple, 1-pinnately compound, or 1-3-pinnatisect or -pinnately or -ternately lobed. For compound leaves, leaflets are described; for leaves mostly 1-pinnately lobed, primary lobes are described; for leaves 2-3-pinnatisect or -pinnately lobed, the ultimate lobes are described. Involucres in Bidens species are subtended by more or less herbaceous (sometimes foliaceous) bractlets or bracts; collectively, they constitute calyculi and they often well surpass the phyllaries. Together, phyllaries constitute involucres. In keys and descriptions here, shapes , heights , and diameters given for involucres are for involucres at flowering; involucres are sometimes notably larger in fruit. In some Bidens species, the outer and inner cypselae are obcompressed (unequally 3-4-angled) to flat, are mostly cuneate to obovate or nearly linear (broadest at or near apices), and are more or less similar except for sizes (outer smaller) ; in other species, the outer cypselae are obcompressed to flat and obovate to cuneate or linear and the inner are more or less equally 4-angled (in cross section ) and linear-fusiform (thickest near their middles and more or less attenuate toward their tips ).
Species Bidens frondosa
Annuals , (10-) 20-60(-180) cm. Leaves: petioles 10-40(-60) mm; blades deltate to lance-ovate overall, 30-80(-150+) × 20-60(-100+) mm, 3(-5) -foliolate, leaflets petiolulate , lanceolate to lance-ovate, (15-) 35-60(-120) × (5-) 10-20(-30) mm, bases cuneate, margins dentate to serrate, sometimes ciliate , apices acuminate to attenuate, faces glabrous or hirtellous. Heads usually borne singly, sometimes in 2s or 3s or in open, corymbiform arrays. Peduncles 10-40(-80+) mm. Calyculi of (5-) 8(-10) ascending to spreading , spatulate or oblanceolate to linear , sometimes ± foliaceous bractlets or bracts 5-20(-60) mm, margins usually ciliate, abaxial faces glabrous or hirtellous. Involucres campanulate to hemispheric or broader, 6-9 × 7-12 mm. Phyllaries 6-12, oblong or ovate to lance-ovate, 5-9 mm. Ray florets 0 or 1-3+; laminae golden yellow, 2-3.5 mm. Disc florets 20-60(-120+) ; corollas ± orange, 2.5-3+ mm. Cypselae blackish to brown or stramineous , ± obcompressed , obovate to cuneate, outer 5-7 mm, inner 7-10 mm, margins antrorsely or retrorsely barbed , apices ± truncate to concave , faces usually 1-nerved, sometimes tuberculate , glabrous or sparsely hirtellous; pappi of 2 ± erect to spreading, antrorsely or retrorsely barbed awns 2-5 mm. 2n = 24, 48, 72. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: March, April, May, June, July, August, September. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 12-18" tall.
Moist woods , meadows, thickets, fields , roadsides, railroads, borders of streams , ponds , sloughs , swamps , ditches; 10-2000 m .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,998 meters (0 to 9,836 feet).
Culture: Space 9-12" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Lindley, 1833
- Family: Compositae () - Giseke, 1792, nom. cons., nom. alt.
- Order: Asterales () - Lindley, 1833
- Superorder: Campanulanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
B. frondosa var. caudata Sherff • B. frondosa var. pallida (Wiegand) Wiegand • B. frondosa var. stenodonta Fernald & H. St. john • B. melanocarpa Wiegand • Bidens frondosa var. anomala Porter Ex Fernald • Bidens frondosa var. caudata Sherff • Bidens frondosa var. pallida Wieg. • Bidens frondosa var. stenodonta Fern. & St. John
Status: Accepted Name
Comment: Data Providers: New Zealand Plant Name Database, Flora of Japan, Flora of Korea, Govaerts World Compositae Checklist A-G, IPNI, Flora of China Checklist, Tropicos, Euro+Med, LCR Editor. GCC LSID: urn :lsid:compositae.org:names:37AC0D09-DBDB-4FB1-AFF9-3D06035F0659
Last scrutiny: 28-Oct-09
Members of the genus Bidens
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 90 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
B. alba (Romerillo) · B. alba var. radiata (Bidens) · B. alba var. radiata (Sch.Bip.) Ballard ex T.E.Melchert (Bidens) · B. amplectens (Koko'olau) · B. amplissima (Vancouver Island Beggar-Ticks) · B. aristosa (Bearded Beggarticks) · B. asymmetrica (Asymmetrical Beggar-Ticks) · B. aurea (Arizona Beggar-Ticks) · B. bidentoides (Delmarva Beggarticks) · B. bigelovii (Bigelow Beggarticks) · B. bipinnata (Spanish Needles) · B. campylotheca (Campylotheca Bidens) · B. campylotheca campylotheca (Koko`olau) · B. campylotheca pentamera (Viper Beggarticks) · B. campylotheca waihoiensis (Koko`olau) · B. campylotheca subsp. pentamera (Viper Beggarticks) · B. campylotheca subsp. waihoiensis (Waihoi Beggarticks) · B. cernua (Bur Marigold) · B. cernua var. Cernua (Bur Marigold) · B. cervicata (Kauai Beggarticks) · B. conjuncta (Bog Beggarticks) · B. connata (Purple-Stem Beggarticks) · B. coronata (Crowned Beggarticks) · B. cosmoides (Cosmos-Flower Beggar-Ticks) · B. cuneata (Cuneate Bidens) · B. cynapiifolia (West Indian Beggar-Ticks) · B. discoidea (Discord Beggarticks) · B. eatoni (Eaton's Beggar-Ticks) · B. eatonii (Eaton's Beggar-Ticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Goldie' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Gold Marie' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Klebf07003' (Fern-Leaved Beggar-Ticks 'klebf07003') · B. ferulifolia 'Klebf07570' (Fern-Leaved Beggar-Ticks 'klebf07570') · B. ferulifolia 'Peter's Gold Carpet' (Bur Marigold) · B. ferulifolia 'Smiley' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Solaire Yellow' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. forbesii (Coastalbluff Beggarticks) · B. forbesii kahiliensis (Apache Beggar-Ticks) · B. forbesii subsp. kahiliensis (Kahili Beggarticks) · B. frondosa (Beggar Ticks) · B. gardneri (Ridge Beggartick) · B. hawaiensis (Hawai'i Beggarticks) · B. heterodoxa (Connecticut Beggar-Ticks) · B. heterodoxa var. heterodoxa (Connecticut Beggarticks) · B. heterosperma (Rocky Mountain Beggarticks) · B. hillebrandiana polycephala (Hillebrand's Beggar-Ticks) · B. hillebrandiana subsp. polycephala (Seacliff Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea (Estuary Beggar-Ticks) · B. hyperborea Greene var. gaspensis Fern. (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea Greene var. hyperborea Greene (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea Greene var. svensonii Fassett (Svenson's Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. arcuans (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. gaspensis (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. hyperborea (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. svensonii (Svenson's Beggarticks) · B. laevis (Burmarigold) · B. lemmonii (Lemmon's Beggar-Ticks) · B. leptocephala (Few-Flower Beggar-Ticks) · B. macrocarpa (Large-Fruit Beggar-Ticks) · B. mauiensis (Maui Beggarticks) · B. menziesii filiformis (Mauna Loa Beggarticks) · B. menziesii subsp. filiformis (Mauna Loa Beggarticks) · B. micrantha ctenophylla (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha kalealaha (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha micrantha (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha subsp. ctenophylla (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha subsp. kalealaha (Kalealaha Beggarticks) · B. mitis (Florida Marigold) · B. molokaiensis (Molokai Beggar-Ticks) · B. multiceps (Beggartick) · B. pilosa (Beggar's Tick) · B. pilosa var. radiata (Beggar's Tick) · B. polycephala (Seacliff Beggarticks) · B. populifolia (Oahu Beggarticks) · B. reptans (Manzanilla Trepador) · B. reptans var. reptans (Manzanilla Trepador) · B. reptans var. urbanii (Urban's Beggartick) · B. sandvicensis confusa (Hawaiian Islands Beggar-Ticks) · B. sandvicensis sandvicensis (Shrubland Beggarticks) · B. sandvicensis subsp. confusa (Shrubland Beggarticks) · B. sulphurea (Sulphur Cosmos) · B. tenuisecta (Slim-Lobe Beggar-Ticks) · B. torta (Cork-Screw Beggar-Ticks) · B. tripartita (Three-Lobe Beggar-Ticks) · B. valida (Robust Bidens) · B. vulgata (Big Devils Beggartick) · B. wiebkei (Wiebke's Beggarticks) · B. amplissima (Hong Kong Orchid Tree) · B. x multiceps (Beggartick) · B. amplissima (Ottawa Barberry)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 51.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 118.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 336.
- A catalogue of the plants found in New Bedford and its vicinity: arranged according to the season of their flowering / by E.W. Hervey. New Bedford, Mass.: Press of E. Anthony, 1860. url p. 24.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 346.
- A compendium of the flora of the northern and middle states, containing generic and specific descriptions of all the plants, exclusive of the cryptogamia, hitherto found in the United States, north of the Potomac. New York, S. B. Collins, 1826. url p. 311.
- A contribution to the knowledge of the flora of southeastern Minnesota. [Boston, Heliotype Print. Co.]1900. url p. 358, p. 362, p. 414.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 77.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 83.
- A flora of northwest America, containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia. Portland, Or., 1903. url .
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 344, p. 344.
- A flora of western middle California, Berkeley, Cal., Encina Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- A guide and key to the aquatic plants of the Southeastern United States, by Don E. Eyles and Lynne Robertson, Jr. With original drawings by Garnet W. Jex. Washington, U. S. Govt. Print. Off., 1963. url p. 140.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 293.
- A history of the game birds, wild-fowl and shore birds of Massachusetts and adjacent states: including those used for food which have disappeared since the settlement of the country, and those which are now hunted for food or sport, with observations on their former abundance and recent decre Boston: Wright & Potter printing company, state printers, 1912. url p. 586, p. 586.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , , , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url fig. 447a , p. 780.
- A manual of the more common herbaceous plants of Quebec and Ontario for use in connection with Groom's Botany / by D.P. Penhallow. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1899. url .
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 473, p. 478, p. 479.
- A manual of weeds: with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control / New York: Macmillan, 1919, c1914. url , , .
- A naturalist in the Great Lakes region, by Elliot Rowland Downing. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1922] url , , p. 311, p. 317.
- A popular flora of Denver, Colorado, / by Alice Eastwood. San Francisco: Zoe Publishing Company. .., . url p. 25.
- A preliminary classification of Diptera, exclusive of Pupipara, based upon larval and pupal characters, with keys to imagines in certain families. By John R. Malloch. Urbana, Ill., 1917- url p. 296.
- A preliminary list of the plants of New Brunswick compiled by James Fowler; with assistance of members of New Brunswick Natural History Society. Saint John, N.B.: Ellis, Robertson & Co., 1885. url .
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 68.
- A preliminary report on the biology of Harding County, northwestern South Dakota / by Stephen S. Visher. Pierre, S.D.: State Publishing Co., 1914. url p. 63.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 60.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 867, p. 885, p. 927.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 32.
- Agricultural botany an enumeration and description of useful plants and weeds, which merit the notice, or require the attention, of American agriculturists / New York: J.W. Moore; 1847. url p. 250.
- Agricultural botany: Philadelphia, J. W. Moore;1847. url p. 250, p. 84.
- Agriculture / by Charles C. James. Toronto: G.N. Morang, 1898. url p. 199, p. 199.
- Agriculture of North Carolina, part II: containing a statement of the principles of the science upon which the practices of agriculture as an art are founded / by Ebenezer Emmons. Raleigh: W.W. Holden, Printer to the State, 1860. url p. 32.
- American bee journal. Hamilton, Ill., etc., Dadant & Sons url p. 125, p. 196.
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 238, p. 59.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 510.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 494, p. 497.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 684, p. 685.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 420.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 68.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 729.
- Annual report / Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. St. Paul: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1872-1898. url p. 83.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 158.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 19 1908 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 230, p. 53, p. 54, p. 65.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 581, p. 586.
- Annual report of the Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. [S.l.: s.n.], 1907-1925. url p. 137, p. 15, p. 24.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 27.
- Annual report of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society. Minneapolis: The Society, 1883-1898. url p. 478.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 541, p. 772, p. 773.
- Annual report of the New Jersey state museum. 1901-12, 1914. Trenton, New Jersey. [etc.]1902-15. url p. 541.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 25, p. 46, p. 59, p. 67, p. 78, p. 90, p. 99.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 30.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the Connecticut Board of Agriculture. Hartford: The Board, 1867-1925. url p. 53.
- Annual report of the regents of the university on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, Regents of the University. url p. 51.
- Annual report of the secretary of the State Horticultural Society of Michigan. Lansing: The Society, 1881- url p. 389.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 86.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1668, p. 1673.
- Atlas of the rare vascular plants of Ontario / Ottawa: Botany Division, National Museum of Natural Sciences = Division de la botanique, Musée national des sciences naturelles, 1982-1987. url .
- Autumn notes in Iowa, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, The Torch press, 1914. url p. 166.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 62 2004 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 126, p. 173, p. 21, p. 47.
- Bibliographical catalogue of the described tranformations of North American Lepidoptera by Henry Edwards. Washington: G.P.O., 1889. url .
- Birds of Michigan. By A. J. Cook. Lansing, Mich., R. Smith & co., state printers and binders, 1893 url p. 247.
- Birds of a Maryland farm: a local study of economic ornithology / Washington; G.P.O., 1902. url .
- Botanical survey of Nebraska. Conducted by the Botanical Seminar. I-VII. Lincoln, Neb., 1892-1904. url , .
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url , p. 54.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1913. url p. 440.
- Botany, developmental and descriptive. Philadelphia, Lea, 1922. url p. 212, p. 213, p. 217.
- Botany; containing a catalogue of the indigenous and naturalized plants of the state, by Rev. M. A. Curtis. Raleigh, Printed at N. C. Institution for the deaf and dumb and blind, 1867. url p. 32.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 1033, p. 341, p. 60, p. 63, p. 74, p. 76, p. 837, p. 866.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 738, p. 739.
- Bulletin - Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station. Amherst, : Massachusetts Agricultural Experiment Station, 1907-1974. url p. 137, p. 15, p. 24.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 10, p. 14, p. 158.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 145, p. 154, p. 168.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 280, p. 325, p. 476.
- Bulletin / New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station. [New Brunswick, N.J.]: The Station, 1880- url p. 118, p. 204.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 228, p. 336.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 15.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 49.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1904-05 1905 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 3, p. 3, p. 4, p. 4.
- Bulletin of the Brooklyn Entomological Society. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Society, url p. 17.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass.: Essex Institute. url p. 108, p. 149, p. 99.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 232, p. 296, p. 296, p. 296, p. 401, p. 401, p. 591, p. 591.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 140, p. 223.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1971- url p. 94.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 1904 31 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 141, p. 143, p. 153, p. 185, p. 270, p. 288, p. 343, p. 352, p. 401, p. 404, p. 405, p. 406, p. 407, p. 408, p. 408, p. 409, p. 412, p. 413, p. 416, p. 53, p. 63, p. X.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 23.
- Bulletin of the United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories / Department of the Interior. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1874- url p. 815.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 51.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 18, p. 22, p. 9.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 108, p. 149, p. 99.
- Bulletins. Minneapolis url p. 365.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 250.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 46.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 228.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , , p. 246, p. 246, p. 247, p. 247, p. 551, p. 551.
- Catalogue of the flora of Minnesota: including its phænogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants, indigenous, naturalized, and adventive / by Warren Upham. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 83.
- Catalogue of the flora of Oak Island, Revere, Massachusets: with notes. Introd. and summary by John Robinson. Salem, Mass., Printed at the Salem Press, 1883 url p. 149.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 396.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 85.
- Civic biology, a textbook of problems, local and national, that can be solved only by civic coöperation. Boston, Ginn url p. 69.
- Civic biology; a textbook of problems, local and national, that can be solved only by civic coöperation, by Clifton F. Hodge. .. and Jean Dawson. .. Boston, Ginn and Company[c1918] url p. 69.
- Contributions from the Hull Botanical Laboratory. [Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1895- url p. 306, p. 498, p. 499.
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 343.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 3 1892-1896 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 166, p. 199, p. 223, p. 234, p. 284, p. 288, p. 289, p. 546, p. 587, p. 704, p. 807.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 23 2001 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 320.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 86, p. 9, p. 99.
- Cranberries;: the national cranberry magazine. Portland, CT [etc.]: Taylor Pub. Co. [etc.]. url .
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 101, p. 109, p. 110, p. 115.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers, and ornamental plants sold in the United States and Canada, together with ge New York [etc.]The Macmillan company, 1900-02. url p. 161.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops, New York, The Macmillan company, 1922. url p. 673.
- Cyclopedia of farm crops: a popular survey of crops and crop-making methods in the United States and Canada / edited by L.H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1922, c1907. url p. 111, p. 673.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 259.
- Descriptive catalogue of North American Hepaticae, north of Mexico. by Lucien M. Underwood, PH. D. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & sons, 1884 url p. 401.
- Ecology notes. [Ithaca]1900. url .
- Elementary biology; an introduction to the science of life, by Benjamin C. Gruenberg... BostonGinn and company[c1919] url p. 318.
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Entomologica Americana. [Lawrence, Kan., etc.]New York Entomological Society [etc.] url p. 176, p. 176, p. 176.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 12, p. 16, p. 19, p. 22, p. 42, p. 45, p. 53, p. 57, p. 58, p. 72, p. 73, p. 8, p. 81, p. 84, p. 90.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 180, p. 243, p. 244.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 629, p. 647, p. 961.
- Familiar features of the roadside; the flowers, shrubs, birds, and insects. New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1897. url .
- Farm weeds of Canada / by George H. Clark and James Fletcher; with illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, 1923 url p. 155, index, page 183.
- Farm weeds of Canada, by George H. Clark and James Fletcher. With illustrations by Norman Criddle. Published by direction of the Hon. Sydney A. Fisher, Minister of Agriculture, Ottawa, 1909. Ottawa: Govt. Print. Bureau,  url p. 155.
- Ferns and flowering plants of South Dakota / D.A. Saunders. Brookings: U.S. Experiment Station, South Dakota: 1899. url p. 209.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 573.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 538.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 134.
- Flood tolerance of plant species in bottomland forests of the southeastern United States / 1992. url p. 194.
- Flora Franciscana. An attempt to classify and describe the vascular plants of middle California. By Edward L. Greene. San Francisco, Cubery & Co., Printers, 1891-97. url p. 411.
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , , p. 37, p. 52.
- Flora of Ann Arbor and vicinity. Ann Arbor, [Mich.]: Courier Steam Print. House, 1876. url p. 98.
- Flora of Burlington and vicinity; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation, by Nellie F. Flynn. Burlington, Free Press Printing Co., 1911. url p. 99.
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 375.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 375, p. 375.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 272.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 982, p. 985.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 901.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 306.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 306.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url .
- Flora of Mount Desert Island, Maine: a preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands / by Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield; with a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert Island. Cambridge, Mass.: J. Wilson, 1894. url p. 118.
- Flora of Mount Desert island, Maine. A preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands. By Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield. With a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert island. Cambridge, Mass., J. Wilson and son, 1894. url p. 118.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url , .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 188, p. 189.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 110.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 704.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url , .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 334, p. 335.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 252.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 86.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 232.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont / George G. Kennedy. Boston: [s.n.], 1904. url p. 132.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont. [By] George G. Kennedy. Boston, 1904. url p. 132.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 45.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 288, p. 289.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 389.
- Flora of the Miami Valley, Ohio /c by A.P. Morgan. Dayton, Ohio: Literary Union, 1878. url p. 26.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 935.
- Flora of the Southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arranged according to the natural system. New York, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & Co., [c1883] url .
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 516.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1279, p. 1280, p. 1280.
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arr. according to the natural system. New YorkAmerican Book Co. url p. 259.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 627.
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. By Jacob Bigelow. .. Boston, Cummings, Hilliard, & co., 1824. url p. 294.
- Flowers and ferns in their haunts, by Mabel Osgood Wright with illustrations from photographs by the author and J. Horace McFarland. London, The Macmillan company, 1901. url p. 452.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 59.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 559.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 388, p. 388.
- Foundations of botany, Boston, Ginn & Co., 1901. url .
- Foundations of botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn & co., 1904. url p. 388.
- General index to reports of the State Entomologist of Connecticut, 1901-1925 / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1926. url p. 677.
- General index to the reports and bulletins of the experimental farms of the Dominion of Canada, 1887-1901. Ottawa, Printed by S.E. Dawson, printer to the King's Most excellent Majesty, 1902. url p. 33.
- Gleanings from nature, by W.S. Blatchley. .. Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1899. url p. 251.
- Gleanings from nature. Indianapolis, 1899. url p. 251.
- Gleanings in bee culture. Medina, Ohio, A. I. Root Co. url p. 636, p. 702.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 149.
- Gray's Lessons in botany and vegetable physiology: illustrated by over 360 wood engravings from original drawings by Isaac Sprague: to which is added a copious glossary, or dictionary of botanical terms / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & Co., 1877, c1868. url p. 260.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 839.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 839.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. By Asa Gray. New York, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, & company, 1881. url p. 202.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 159, p. 79.
- Grevillea. London: Williams and Norgate; 1872-1894. url p. 159.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 185.
- Handbook of experiment station work. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1893. url p. 364, p. 373.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url .
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 473.
- Hooker, W. J. Flora boreali-americana, or, the botany of the northern parts of British America: compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. To which are added (by permission of the Horticultural society of London, ) those of Mr. Douglas, from north-west America, and of other naturalists /by Sir William Jackson Hooker. 1 1840 London, H.G. Bohn -1840. url p. 314.
- How to keep bees for profit, New York, The Macmillan company, 1918. url p. 308.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url p. 184, p. 333.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 158, p. 176.
- Insect life / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, url p. 224, p. 261, p. 513, p. 57, p. 57.
- Introduction to physiological and systematical botany. London, Longman, 1819. url p. 346.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 108.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 600, p. 608.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 11 1991 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 297.
- Journal of mycology. Manhattan, Kan.: [s.n.], 1885-1908. url p. 188, p. 20, p. 21, p. 26, p. 269, p. 37.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 148, p. 148, p. 75, p. 75.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 125, p. 59, p. 79, p. 83.
- Journal of the New-York Microscopical Society. New York: The Society, 1885- url p. 197.
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, [c1919] url .
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 442.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 442.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 442.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 305.
- Leaflets of botanical observation and criticism. Washington, D. C., 1903-1912. url .
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 61.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 337.
- Manual of the botany (Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta) of the Rocky mountain region, from New Mexico to the British boundary. By John M. Coulter. and Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and company, 1885. url p. 189.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book Co., c1889. url p. 283, p. 284.
- Manual of the botany of the region of San Francisco Bay. San Francisco, Cubery & Company, Printers, 1894. url .
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri, by Kenneth K. Mackenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 1000, p. 1002.
- Manual of the flowering plants of Iowa. [Lamoni, Iowa]Privately published, 1899. url .
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url p. 52, p. 98.
- Memoir / Ithaca, N.Y. url p. 1006.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 259.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 627.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 337, p. 52.
- Methods in plant histology, by Charles J. Chamberlain. Chicago, University of Chicago Press[1933, c1932] url p. 262.
- Methods in plant histology; by Charles J. Chamberlain. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1915] url p. 199.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url , p. 53.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 27, p. 27.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , p. 33, p. 358, p. 362, p. 362, p. 414, p. 414, p. 425, p. 597, p. 597, p. 626, p. 626.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 121, p. 163, p. 219, p. 71.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1965 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 48.
- Montana wetlands management study / prepared for Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation. Denver, Colo.: Bureau of Reclamation,  url p. 40474.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 386.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 274, p. 274.
- Nature study in elementary schools. A manual for teachers, by Lucy Langdon Williams Wilson. New York: Macmillan Co., 1899. url p. 77.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 110.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url , .
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 839.
- Observations on the flowering plants, ferns and fern allies growing wild in Marquette County, Michigan, in 1916 and 1917, especially in the vicinity of the Huron Mountain Club. Ann Arbor, Michigan, Published by the University, 1918. url .
- Our northern autumn, a study of its characteristic flowers, its brilliant foliage and its conspicuous fruits, by Harriet L. Keeler. Illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York, Scribner, 1920. url , p. 191.
- Outlines of botany for the high school laboratory and classroom (based on Gray's Lessons in botany) by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt. .. prepared at the request of the Botanical Department of Harvard University. New York, American Book Co. url p. 283, p. 284.
- Papilio. New York, New York Entomological Club. url p. 98.
- Parasitic fungi of Illinois / by T.J. Burrill. Peoria, Ill.: J. W. Franks, 1885-1887. url , .
- Part I. The living flora of West Virginia, by C. F. Millspaugh. Part II. The fossil flora of West Virginia, by David White. Wheeling, Wheeling news litho. co., 1913 url p. 87.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 312, p. 410, p. 420, p. 90.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 555.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 102, p. 129, p. 133, p. 160, p. 270, p. 31, p. 334, p. 361, p. 38, p. 394, p. 399, p. 421, p. 5, p. 70, p. 75.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 4 1899-1901 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 246, p. 247, p. 248, p. 270.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 165.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url , .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 153, p. 807.
- Plantae Lindheimerianae: an enumeration of F. Lindheimer's collection of Texan plants, with remarks and descriptions of new species, etc. / by George Engelmann and Asa Gray. Boston: Printed by Freeman and Bolles, 1845- url p. 175.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 25, p. 25.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 287.
- Practical agriculture by Charles C. James. New York: D. Appleton, 1899. url .
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits, by George Lincoln Walton... Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1909. url p. 11, p. 29, p. 30.
- Preliminary catalogue of the flora of West Virginia. [Chicago?]1892 url p. 391.
- Proceedings - Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. Staten Island, N.Y., Staten Island Institute of Arts and Sciences. url p. 148, p. 64.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 271, p. 272, p. 275, p. 275, p. 344, p. 344, p. 394, p. 512, p. 512, p. 514, p. 514.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 71.
- Proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto, Canadian Institute. url p. 149.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 159.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 147, p. 419, p. 848, p. 858.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 119, p. 141, p. 170, p. 178, p. 178, p. 179, p. 182, p. 189, p. 198, p. 198, p. 203, p. 203, p. 218, p. 241, p. 241, p. 242, p. 243, p. 243, p. 264, p. 272, p. 32, p. 349, p. 39, p. 52, p. 52, p. 61, p. 63, p. 63, p. 82, p. 82.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 103.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url , p. 77.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 5.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 389, p. 444, p. 71.
- Proceedings. Halifax url p. 127, p. 373.
- Proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary. Albany, N.Y.: New York, Dept. of Environmental Conservation,  url p. 132.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 232.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, Office of the Regents, 1871-1888 url p. 30.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , , .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 197.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , p. 10, p. 10, p. 14, p. 14, p. 158.
- Report of the State Entomologist of Connecticut for the year. .. New Haven, [1902- url p. 178, p. 207, p. 320, p. 351.
- Report of the State Entomologist on the noxious and beneficial insects of the state of Illinois. [Springfield, Ill.?]: State Entomologist, [1876?]-1916. url p. 109.
- Report of the flora of Westchester County. Prepared for Bolton's History of the County. New YorkRoper & Burdge, 1880? url p. 794.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 33.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 358, p. 414, p. 546, p. 597, p. 626.
- Research methods in ecology, Lincoln, Neb., University Pub. Co., 1905. url .
- Research methods in ecology. Lincoln, Neb.The University publishing company1905 url p. 313.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 124, p. 85, p. 87.
- Rocky Mountain wild flower studies; an account of the ways of some plants that live in the Rocky Mountain region, by Burton O. Longyear. .. with illustrations from nature by the author. Denver, Merchants Publishing Co., c1909 url p. 189.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 262.
- Rubber-content of North American plants by Harvey M. Hall and Frances L. Long. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1921 url p. 46.
- Rydberg, P. A. Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, and British Columbia /by P. A. Rydberg... 1917 New York: The author, 1917. url p. 935.
- Sable Island, with a catalogue of its vascular plants / by Harold St. John. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1921. url p. 96.
- Sandusky flora. A catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation, in Erie County, Ohio, and the peninsula and islands of Ottawa County, Wooster, O., Press of Clapper Printing Co., 1899. url .
- Science studies, v.1, no. 1-3. Bozeman, Mont.1905. url p. 101.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 216, p. 357, p. 436, p. 906.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url .
- Sharp eyes; a rambler's calendar of fifty-two weeks among insects, birds, and flowers; by Wm. Hamilton Gibson. .. Illustrated by the author. New York [etc.]Harper & Brothers[c1919] url p. 153.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 1279.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 31 1888 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 296, p. 297.
- South Carolina. Resources and population. Institutions and industries. Pub. by the State Board of Agriculture of South Carolina. Charleston, S.C.: Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1883. url p. 328, p. 328.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 131, p. 154, p. 25, p. 46, p. 65, p. 78, p. 90, p. 99.
- Special scientific report--wildlife / U.S. Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service. Washington, D.C.: The Service, 1949- url p. 22.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 7.
- Studies of the vegetation of Missouri. .. / By Julian A. Steyermark. 9 1940 [Chicago, 1940- url p. 368, p. 608, p. 611.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 117, p. 32, p. 70, p. 74.
- Synoptical flora of North America. New York, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and Co. [etc., etc.]1878-1884. url , , p. 296.
- Synoptical flora of North America: the Gamopetalae, a second edition of vol. I, pt. II, and vol. II, pt. I / collected by Asa Gray. Washington, D. C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1888. url p. 296, p. 297.
- The ABC and XYZ of bee culture; a cyclopedia of everything pertaining to the care of the honey-bee; bees, hives, honey, implements, honey-plants, etc.. .. By A.I. Root and E.R. Root. Medina, Ohio, The A.I. Root Company, 1910. url p. 277.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants; together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the America By Alphonso Wood. Chicago, A. S. Barnes, 1870. url p. 180.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 319.
- The American journal of science. 37 1839 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 319.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 122, p. 197, p. 200, p. 98.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 40, p. 67, p. 67.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 162, p. 18, p. 254, p. 495, p. 504, p. 599, p. 638.
- The Canadian journal of industry, science and art. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1856-1867. url p. 227.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 295, p. 643.
- The Canadian journal; a repertory of industry, science, and art; and a record of the proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Published by H. Scobie for the Council of the Canadian Institute. url p. 223.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 17.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 385, p. 471.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 223, p. 317, p. 39, p. 446.
- The Fanciers' journal and poultry exchange. Philadelphia: [Joseph M. Wade, Editor and Proprietor, 1874-1876] url p. 517.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 19.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 14, p. 228.
- The Illustrated annual register of rural affairs and cultivator almanac for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1855-1881. url p. 88.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 124, p. 151, p. 156.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 13 1873 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 442.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url .
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 546, p. 712, p. 769.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 546, p. 769.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892 [c1890] url .
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 167, p. 191, p. 205, p. 30, p. 306, p. 319, p. 332, p. 476, p. 62, p. 73, p. 85.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 157, p. 219, p. 219.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 171, p. 200, p. 333, p. 45.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 373.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 151, p. 172, p. 352, p. 362, p. 364, p. 365, p. 391, p. 99.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 578.
- The Tennessee flora; with special reference to the flora of Nashville. Phaenogams and vascular cryptogams, by August Gattinger. Nashville, Tenn.The author, 1887. url p. 57.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 24 1936 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 100, descr. of plate ii, page 104, p. 180, p. 233, p. 233, p. 256, p. 256, p. 537, p. 76, p. 77, p. 87, p. 91, p. 93, p. 95, p. 96, p. 99.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 236, p. 32, p. 68.
- The Wilson bulletin. Columbus, Ohio: Wilson Ornithological Society, 1894- url p. 118.
- The bogs and bog flora of the Huron River Valley. .. By Edgar Nelson Transeau. [Chicago]The University of Chicago Press url p. 161.
- The complete garden, by Albert D. Taylor, assisted by Gordon D. Cooper. Illustrated with fifty full page cuts, four line charts, and nine coloured plates. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, Page, 1921. url p. 212, p. 212, p. 386, p. 386.
- The constitution and by-laws of the Ann Arbor Scientific Association with the proceedings for the year ending May 1, 1876.. ... Ann Arbor, Courier Steam Printing House, 1876. url p. 98.
- The elements of botany embracing organography, histology, vegetable physiology, systematic botany and economic botany. .. together with a complete glossary of botanical terms Philadelphia, J. E. Potter and Company[c1883] url .
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 3 1882 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 309, p. 309.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Montreal Island by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1892? url .
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 232.
- The flora of the Palouse region. Containing descriptions of all the Spermatophytes and Pteridophytes known to grow wild in the area within 35 kilometers of Pullman, Washington. By Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Pullman, Washington Agricultural College and School of Science, 1901. url p. 192.
- The flora of the metamorphic region of Alabama / by F.S. Earle. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1902. url p. 112.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 253.
- The genus Bidens. .. by Earl Edward Sherff. 16 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 21, p. 236, p. 237, p. 241, p. 242, p. 243, p. 244, p. 245, p. 246, p. 268, p. 280, p. 298, p. 51, p. 6, plate LXII.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 401, p. 401.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 401.
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 320, p. 320.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 214.
- The origin of the fittest; essays on evolution, by E. D. Cope. New York, D. Appleton, 1887 [c1886] url p. 460.
- The parasitic fungi of New Jersey / by Carl A. Schwarze. New Brunswick: New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Stations, 1917. url p. 118, p. 204.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 124.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 24.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url , .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 772.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 772.
- The practical shepherd: a complete treatise on the breeding, management and diseases of sheep. Philadelphia, D. D. T. Moore;1863. url .
- The study of plant communities: an introduction to plant ecology. San Francisco: W.H. Freeman, 1948. url p. 373.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 351, p. 489, p. 490, p. 633, p. 635, p. 664, p. 691, p. 720, p. 740, p. 789.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , , , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 351, p. 489, p. 490, p. 633, p. 635, p. 664, p. 691, p. 740, p. 789.
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url .
- Torrey, J. & A. Gray A flora of North America: containing abridged descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing north of Mexico, arranged according to the natural system /by John Torrey and Asa Gray. New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1838-. url p. 351.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 100, p. 109, p. 113, p. 113, p. 114, p. 123, p. 127, p. 141, p. 151, p. 166, p. 204, p. 214, p. 248, p. 253, p. 26, p. 38, p. 58, p. 67.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 22.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url , , , p. 1, p. 69, p. 69, p. 69, p. 7, p. 7.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 105, p. 150.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 195, p. 200.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 151, p. 173, p. 196, p. 35, p. 44, p. 47.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 29.
- Transactions of the Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Wagner Free Institute of Science of Philadelphia, 1887-1927. url p. 30.
- Transactions of the Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters. [Madison]Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts, and Letters, 1870/72- url p. 108, p. 112.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url , , p. 74.
- Transactions. Columbus, Ohio [etc.] url p. 241, p. 247.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 69.
- Useful birds and their protection / by Edward Howe Forbush; ill. by the author. .. and others. [Massachusetts]: published under direction of The Massachusetts State Board of Agriculture, 1908. url p. 281.
- Useful birds and their protection. Containing brief descriptions of the more common and useful species of Massachusetts, with accounts of their food habits, and a chapter on the means of attracting and protecting birds. [Boston, Printed by Wright & Potter]1913. url .
- Useful birds and their protection: containing brief descriptions of the more common and useful species of Massachusetts, with accounts of their food habits, and a chapter on the means of attracting and protecting birds / by Edward Howe Forbush; illustrated by the author, C. Allan Lyford, Chester A. Reed, and others. Boston: Published under direction of the Massachusetts State Board of Agriculture, by authority of the Legislature, . url p. 281.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 23.
- Weed control / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1936. url .
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 248.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url , p. 11.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 376, p. 377, p. 411.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies. Worcester, Mass., Reed, 1910. url p. 376, p. 377, p. 411.
- Wild flowers every child should know: arranged according to color, with reliable descriptions of the more common species of the United States and Canada / by Frederic William Stack; illustrated by fifty-nine photographs direct from nature New York, N.Y.: Grosset & Dunlap, 1909 url p. 187, p. 396.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 594.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1891 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 177, p. 214.
- Hall, G. W. 1967. A Biosystematic Study of the North American Complex of the Genus Bidens (Compositae). Ph.D. dissertation. Indiana University.
- Sherff, E. E. 1937. The genus Bidens. Publ. Field Mus. Nat. Hist., Bot. Ser. 16.
- Weedon, R. R. 1973. Taxonomy and Distribution of the Genus Bidens (Compositae) in the North-central Plains States. Ph.D. dissertation. University of Kansas.
- "Bidens frondosa". in Flora of North America Vol. 21 Page 204, 207, 211, 212. Published by Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- GCC: Global Compositae Checklist. Release date: November 18, 2009
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 12, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 22 providers.
- Light, Kris. East Tennessee Wildflowers
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 26, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Botanic Garden and Botanical Museum Berlin-Dahlem, GEO Biodiversity Day
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2657368
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Ast-3787
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2888579
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:184922-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 7167
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 35707
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDAST180R0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: BIFRS
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 24271
- John L. Strother, Ronald R. Weedon "Bidens". in Flora of North America Vol. 21 Page 184, 185, 205, 206. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Bidens frondosa". in Flora of North America Vol. 21 Page 204, 207, 211, 212. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 287.330 meters (942.684 feet), Standard Deviation = 344.830 based on 3,569 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]