Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Purple-Stem Beggarticks, Purple-Stem Swamp Beggar-Ticks, Purplestem Beggarticks
Common Names in French:
The largest family of flowering plants , the Compositae (Asteraceae), comprising about 1,100 genera and more than 20,000 species and characterized by many small flowers arranged in a head looking like a single flower and subtended by an involucre of bracts. A head may consist of both ray flowers and disk flowers, as in the sunflower, of disk flowers only, as in the burdock, or of ray flowers only, as in the dandelion.
The Heliantheae are a tribe of closely related genera of the sunflower family that can be readily recognized due to the association of a receptacular bract or chaff scale with each disk floret in the head . The heads usually include bisexual , actinomorphic disk florets with tubular corollas that have 4 or 5 distal lobes and also peripheral zygomorphic female or sometimes sterile florets with strap-shaped corollas that have 3 or fewer distal teeth. However, the ray flowers are sometimes absent and the heads are then discoid , containing only bisexual florets with tubular corollas. The pappus is absent or more commonly ranges from scales to stiff bristles . -- Gerald Carr.
or perennials [shrubs
], 5400 cm. Stems usually 1, usually erect
or 4-angled, often striate
) branched distally or ± throughout. Leaves usually cauline; usually opposite, rarely whorled
, distal sometimes alternate; petiolate
or sessile; blades
), or 13+-pinnatisect or -pinnately lobed
(submerged leaves multifid
. beckii, an aquatic
, serrate, or toothed
, sometimes hirtellous, hispidulous
, pilosulous, puberulent
, scabrellous, or strigillose
. Heads usually radiate
, sometimes ± disciform
, usually in corymbiform
arrays, sometimes in 2s or 3s or borne singly. Calyculi of (3) 513(21+) erect to spreading
, ± herbaceous (sometimes foliaceous
or bracts (sometimes surpassing
phyllaries). Involucres mostly hemispheric
, (1) 412(25+) mm diam. Phyllaries persistent
, mostly (4) 821(30+) in ± 2 series, usually distinct
, sometimes connate
0.050.1 their lengths
, mostly oblong
to lance-oblong, chartaceous
to membranous or scarious
(usually striate with brownish nerves
, margins usually hyaline
). Receptacles flat or slightly convex
, paleate; paleae usually falling, (usually stramineous
, sometimes yellow to orange, with darker striae) ± flat to slightly navicular
. Ray florets usually 121+ (often 3, 5, 8, or 13), sometimes 0, usually neuter
, sometimes styliferous and sterile
; corollas usually yellow, sometimes white or pinkish. Disc florets (5) 1260(150+), bisexual
; corollas usually yellow to orange, sometimes whitish [purplish], tubes
shorter than throats
(3) 5, ± deltate (staminal
glabrous; style-branch appendages
deltate or lanceolate to subulate
). Cypselae usually obcompressed
to flat, unequally 34-angled, and cuneate to oblanceolate
, sometimes (all or inner) ± equally 4-angled and linear-fusiform, rarely subterete, margins (± corky-winged in B. aristosa, B. cernua, and B. polylepis) usually retrorsely, sometimes patently or antrorsely, barbed
, apices sometimes attenuate, not beaked
[beaked], faces smooth
, striate, or ± tuberculate
, glabrous or hairy
, each sometimes with 2 grooves
; pappi 0, or persistent, of (1) 24(8) usually retrorsely, sometimes antrorsely, barbellate
or ciliate, rarely smooth, awns
. x = 13.
Species 150-250+: widespread, especially in subtropical , tropical , and warm-temperate North America and South America.
Within species of Bidens, leaves may be simple, 1-pinnately compound, or 1-3-pinnatisect or -pinnately or -ternately lobed. For compound leaves, leaflets are described; for leaves mostly 1-pinnately lobed, primary lobes are described; for leaves 2-3-pinnatisect or -pinnately lobed, the ultimate lobes are described. Involucres in Bidens species are subtended by more or less herbaceous (sometimes foliaceous) bractlets or bracts; collectively, they constitute calyculi and they often well surpass the phyllaries. Together, phyllaries constitute involucres. In keys and descriptions here, shapes , heights , and diameters given for involucres are for involucres at flowering; involucres are sometimes notably larger in fruit. In some Bidens species, the outer and inner cypselae are obcompressed (unequally 3-4-angled) to flat, are mostly cuneate to obovate or nearly linear (broadest at or near apices), and are more or less similar except for sizes (outer smaller) ; in other species, the outer cypselae are obcompressed to flat and obovate to cuneate or linear and the inner are more or less equally 4-angled (in cross section ) and linear-fusiform (thickest near their middles and more or less attenuate toward their tips ).
Species Bidens connata
, (5-) 25-150(-200) cm. Leaves: sessile or petioles
) 5-15(-35+) mm; blades
(20-) 40-100(-200+) × 10-30(-70) mm, sometimes laciniately
1-pinnatisect with 1-4+ lobes
, bases cuneate, margins
entire or dentate
to serrate, usually ciliate
, apices attenuate,
or hirtellous. Heads borne singly or in 2s
or 3s. Peduncles 10-35(-80) mm.
Calyculi of 2-6+ spreading
, lanceolate, linear
, or spatulate
or bracts 10-25(-35+) mm, margins (entire
or serrate) usually ciliate, abaxial
distally glabrous. Involucres campanulate
broader, (4-) 6-12 × (3-) 6-9(-15+) mm. Phyllaries (6-)
8(-9), elliptic to oblong or ovate
, (4-) 5-6(-12) mm. Ray florets
usually 0, sometimes 1-5+; laminae
yellowish, 4-8 mm. Disc florets
(5-) 20-40(-60+) ; corollas pale
yellow to orange, 2-3 mm (±
usually dark, blackish). Cypselae
blackish to purplish or brown, usually (at least inner) ±
4-angled, usually cuneate to linear, sometimes ± obpyramidal
outer (3-) 4-7 mm, inner (4-) 5-8 mm, margins proximally antrorsely
to patently, distally retrorsely, barbed
, apices ± truncate
, faces usually strongly 1-nerved, usually tuberculate
glabrous or setulose
; pappi 0, or of (1-) 2-4(-6), ±
to spreading, antrorsely or retrorsely barbed awns (0.2-) 2-5
mm. 2n = 48. [source]
Bidens connata may be better treated as part of B . tripartita. [source]
Flowers: Flower Color: inconspicuous, none, yellow
Size: 6-12" tall.
Marshes and other wet sites; 10-1700 m .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 940 meters (0 to 3,084 feet).
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun .
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Lindley, 1833
- Giseke, 1792, nom. cons., nom. alt.
- Subfamily: Asteroideae ()
- Family: Compositae () - Giseke, 1792, nom. cons., nom. alt.
- Order: Asterales () - Lindley, 1833
- Superorder: Campanulanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
B. connata var. anomala Farwell • B. connata var. fallax (Warnstorf) Sherff • B. connata var. gracilipes Fernald • B. connata var. inundata Fernald • B. connata var. petiolata (Nuttall) Farwell • B. connata var. pinnata S. Watson • B. connata var. submutica Fassett • Bidens connata var. ambiversa Fassett • Bidens connata var. anomala Farw. • Bidens connata var. fallax (Warnst.) Sherff • Bidens connata var. gracilipes Fern. • Bidens connata var. inundata Fern. • Bidens connata var. petiolata (Nutt.) Farw. • Bidens connata var. pinnata S. Wats. • Bidens connata var. submutica Fassett
Status: Accepted Name
Comment: Data Providers: New Zealand Plant Name Database, Govaerts World Compositae Checklist A-G, IPNI, Tropicos, Euro+Med, LCR Editor. GCC LSID: urn :lsid:compositae.org:names:C1B878A5-7814-43EB-A665-B619C7146FB4
Last scrutiny: 11-Nov-09
Members of the genus Bidens
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 90 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
B. alba (Romerillo) · B. alba var. radiata (Bidens) · B. alba var. radiata (Sch.Bip.) Ballard ex T.E.Melchert (Bidens) · B. amplectens (Koko'olau) · B. amplissima (Vancouver Island Beggar-Ticks) · B. aristosa (Bearded Beggarticks) · B. asymmetrica (Asymmetrical Beggar-Ticks) · B. aurea (Arizona Beggar-Ticks) · B. bidentoides (Delmarva Beggarticks) · B. bigelovii (Bigelow Beggarticks) · B. bipinnata (Spanish Needles) · B. campylotheca (Campylotheca Bidens) · B. campylotheca campylotheca (Koko`olau) · B. campylotheca pentamera (Viper Beggarticks) · B. campylotheca waihoiensis (Koko`olau) · B. campylotheca subsp. pentamera (Viper Beggarticks) · B. campylotheca subsp. waihoiensis (Waihoi Beggarticks) · B. cernua (Bur Marigold) · B. cernua var. Cernua (Bur Marigold) · B. cervicata (Kauai Beggarticks) · B. conjuncta (Bog Beggarticks) · B. connata (Purple-Stem Beggarticks) · B. coronata (Crowned Beggarticks) · B. cosmoides (Cosmos-Flower Beggar-Ticks) · B. cuneata (Cuneate Bidens) · B. cynapiifolia (West Indian Beggar-Ticks) · B. discoidea (Discord Beggarticks) · B. eatoni (Eaton's Beggar-Ticks) · B. eatonii (Eaton's Beggar-Ticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Goldie' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Gold Marie' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Klebf07003' (Fern-Leaved Beggar-Ticks 'klebf07003') · B. ferulifolia 'Klebf07570' (Fern-Leaved Beggar-Ticks 'klebf07570') · B. ferulifolia 'Peter's Gold Carpet' (Bur Marigold) · B. ferulifolia 'Smiley' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Solaire Yellow' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. forbesii (Coastalbluff Beggarticks) · B. forbesii kahiliensis (Apache Beggar-Ticks) · B. forbesii subsp. kahiliensis (Kahili Beggarticks) · B. frondosa (Beggar Ticks) · B. gardneri (Ridge Beggartick) · B. hawaiensis (Hawai'i Beggarticks) · B. heterodoxa (Connecticut Beggar-Ticks) · B. heterodoxa var. heterodoxa (Connecticut Beggarticks) · B. heterosperma (Rocky Mountain Beggarticks) · B. hillebrandiana polycephala (Hillebrand's Beggar-Ticks) · B. hillebrandiana subsp. polycephala (Seacliff Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea (Estuary Beggar-Ticks) · B. hyperborea Greene var. gaspensis Fern. (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea Greene var. hyperborea Greene (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea Greene var. svensonii Fassett (Svenson's Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. arcuans (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. gaspensis (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. hyperborea (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. svensonii (Svenson's Beggarticks) · B. laevis (Burmarigold) · B. lemmonii (Lemmon's Beggar-Ticks) · B. leptocephala (Few-Flower Beggar-Ticks) · B. macrocarpa (Large-Fruit Beggar-Ticks) · B. mauiensis (Maui Beggarticks) · B. menziesii filiformis (Mauna Loa Beggarticks) · B. menziesii subsp. filiformis (Mauna Loa Beggarticks) · B. micrantha ctenophylla (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha kalealaha (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha micrantha (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha subsp. ctenophylla (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha subsp. kalealaha (Kalealaha Beggarticks) · B. mitis (Florida Marigold) · B. molokaiensis (Molokai Beggar-Ticks) · B. multiceps (Beggartick) · B. pilosa (Beggar's Tick) · B. pilosa var. radiata (Beggar's Tick) · B. polycephala (Seacliff Beggarticks) · B. populifolia (Oahu Beggarticks) · B. reptans (Manzanilla Trepador) · B. reptans var. reptans (Manzanilla Trepador) · B. reptans var. urbanii (Urban's Beggartick) · B. sandvicensis confusa (Hawaiian Islands Beggar-Ticks) · B. sandvicensis sandvicensis (Shrubland Beggarticks) · B. sandvicensis subsp. confusa (Shrubland Beggarticks) · B. sulphurea (Sulphur Cosmos) · B. tenuisecta (Slim-Lobe Beggar-Ticks) · B. torta (Cork-Screw Beggar-Ticks) · B. tripartita (Three-Lobe Beggar-Ticks) · B. valida (Robust Bidens) · B. vulgata (Big Devils Beggartick) · B. wiebkei (Wiebke's Beggarticks) · B. amplissima (Hong Kong Orchid Tree) · B. x multiceps (Beggartick) · B. amplissima (Ottawa Barberry)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 51.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 118.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 264, p. 336.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and higher cryptogams, both native and introduced, found within about thirty miles of Hanover, N. H., including a few cultivated species, to which is appended a list of vertebrate animals of the same region. By Henry Jesup. [Hanover?]Printed for the Author, 1891. url p. 22.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 346.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 77.
- A manual of the more common herbaceous plants of Quebec and Ontario for use in connection with Groom's Botany / by D.P. Penhallow. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1899. url .
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 475.
- A preliminary list of the plants of New Brunswick compiled by James Fowler; with assistance of members of New Brunswick Natural History Society. Saint John, N.B.: Ellis, Robertson & Co., 1885. url .
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 68.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 60.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 256, p. 257, p. 270, p. 895, p. 927.
- Abstract of the proceedings of the Linnaean Society of New York. [New York]: The Society, [1889-1932]. url p. 66.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 494, p. 496.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 683.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 384, p. 421, p. 68.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 728.
- Annual report / Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. St. Paul: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1872-1898. url p. 83.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 157.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 19 1908 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 189, p. 196, p. 230, p. 42, p. 65.
- Annual report of Captain A.A. Humphreys, topographical engineers, in charge of Office of Explorations and Surveys, War Department, December, 1858. Washington1859. url p. 164.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 133.
- Annual report of the Minnesota State Horticultural Society. Minneapolis: The Society, 1883-1898. url p. 472.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 50, p. 772, p. 773.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 59, p. 65.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 144.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 65.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 177, p. 409.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url , p. 18, p. 8.
- Annual report of the state botanist, by Charles H. Peck. Albany, University of the State of New York, 1897. url p. 18.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 126, p. 39, p. 79.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 86.
- Autumn notes in Iowa, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, The Torch press, 1914. url p. 177.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1 - 10 1908 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 11, p. 14, p. 22, p. 26, p. 31, p. 56, p. 71.
- Botanic contributions relating to the flora of western North America [by] Gray, Engelmann, Torrey [and] Fre?mont. v.p., 1843-53 url p. 91.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 55.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1920 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 341, p. 866.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 157.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 228, p. 264, p. 336.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 49.
- Bulletin of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, D.C.: The Society, 1918- url p. 68.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 429, p. 429.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 140.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 1904 31 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 157, p. 158, p. 269, p. 288, p. 383, p. 399, p. 401, p. 405, p. 407, p. 409, p. 410, p. 411, p. 412, p. 413, p. 414, p. 415, p. 419, p. 422, p. 436, p. 509, p. 601.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 51.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 18, p. 22.
- Bulletin. Salem, Mass. url p. 42.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 17.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 228.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 247, p. 247.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url , .
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 396, p. 422.
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous plants of Evanston and vicinity, for 1883 [by] C.S. Raddin. Evanston, R. Vandercook, Printer, 1883. url p. 14.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 85.
- College botany: including organography, vegetable histology, vegetable physiology and vegetable taxonomy: with a brief account of the succession of plants in geologic time, and a glossary of botanical terms / by Edson S. Bastin. Chicago: G.P. Engelhard, 1890, c1889. url p. 442.
- Compositae newsletter. Columbus, Ohio: Dept. of Botany, Ohio State University, 1975- url p. 10, p. 11, p. 13.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the Hull Botanical Laboratory. [Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1895- url p. 307.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 288, p. 289.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 86.
- Cranberries;: the national cranberry magazine. Portland, CT [etc.]: Taylor Pub. Co. [etc.]. url .
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 109, p. 115, p. 320.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 259, p. 292.
- Descriptive catalogue of North American Hepaticae, north of Mexico. by Lucien M. Underwood, PH. D. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & sons, 1884 url p. 429.
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 22, p. 4, p. 72, p. 8.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 13.
- Ferns and flowering plants of South Dakota / D.A. Saunders. Brookings: U.S. Experiment Station, South Dakota: 1899. url p. 209.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 249.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 52.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , , p. 188, p. 339.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 272.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 262.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 982, p. 983.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 306.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 306.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 188, p. 189.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 334.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 86.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 232.
- Flora of West Virginia. Charleston, W. Va., M.W. Donnally, 1892. url p. 391.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 45.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 288, p. 289.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 389.
- Flora of the Miami Valley, Ohio /c by A.P. Morgan. Dayton, Ohio: Literary Union, 1878. url p. 62.
- Flora of the Southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arranged according to the natural system. New York, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & Co., [c1883] url .
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 554.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1279, p. 1280.
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arr. according to the natural system. New YorkAmerican Book Co. url p. 259.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 59.
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 24.
- Genus Labordia. Hawaiian Euphorbiaceae, Labiatae and Compositae. By Earl Edward Sherff. 17 1939 [Chicago]1939. url p. 607.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 149.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 249.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 839.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 249.
- Handbook of experiment station work. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1893. url p. 369.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url , .
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 465, p. 517.
- Hooker, W. J. Flora boreali-americana, or, the botany of the northern parts of British America: compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. To which are added (by permission of the Horticultural society of London, ) those of Mr. Douglas, from north-west America, and of other naturalists /by Sir William Jackson Hooker. 1 1840 London, H.G. Bohn -1840. url p. 314.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 167, p. 176.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 106, p. 510.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 10 1872 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 11.
- Journal of mycology. Manhattan, Kan.: [s.n.], 1885-1908. url p. 188, p. 20, p. 26, p. 269, p. 37.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 148, p. 148.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 441.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 441.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 441.
- Leaflets of botanical observation and criticism /by Edward L. Greene. 1 1903-1906 Washington, D.C.: [author?], 1903-1912. url p. 200.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 309.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 337.
- Manual of the Flora of Jackson County, Missouri, By Kenneth K. MacKenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., s.n., 1902 url p. 203.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee, arranged according to the natural system / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1868, c1867. url p. 261.
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri, by Kenneth K. Mackenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 1000, p. 1001, p. 1093.
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , , .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url , , p. 97, p. 98.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 259, p. 292.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 337, p. 52.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 133.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 219, p. 71.
- Mutations and evolution, by R. Ruggles Gates. London: W. Wesley & Son, 1921. url p. 68.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 110.
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 839.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 10.
- Parasitic fungi of Illinois / by T.J. Burrill. Peoria, Ill.: J. W. Franks, 1885-1887. url .
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 309, p. 420, p. 90.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 553, p. 554, p. 555.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 142, p. 160.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 4 1899-1901 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 252.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 25, p. 25.
- Preliminary catalogue of the flora of West Virginia. [Chicago?]1892 url p. 391.
- Preliminary report of explorations in Nebraska and Dakota, in the years 1855-'56-'57, by Lieut. G.K. Warren, Topographical Engineers. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1875. url p. 118.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 107, p. 107, p. 116, p. 116, p. 13, p. 13, p. 175, p. 35, p. 35, p. 46, p. 83, p. 85, p. 85.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 131, p. 131, p. 176, p. 189, p. 242, p. 32, p. 39, p. 82.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 77.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: James B. Lyon, State Printer, 1867-1924. url p. 106, p. 116, p. 126, p. 14, p. 39, p. 79.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 197.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , p. 157.
- Report of the exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842: and to Oregon and north California in the years 1843-44 / Washington: Blair and Rives, Printers, 1845. url p. 91.
- Report of the flora of Westchester County. Prepared for Bolton's History of the County. New YorkRoper & Burdge, 1880? url p. 794.
- Report on the agriculture and geology of Mississippi. Embracing a sketch of the social and natural history of the state. By B.L.C. Wailes, geologist of Mississippi. .. [Jackson]E. Barksdale, State Printer, 1854. url p. 345, p. 345.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 546, p. 746.
- Sable Island, with a catalogue of its vascular plants / by Harold St. John. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1921. url p. 96.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 433.
- Sharp eyes; a rambler's calendar of fifty-two weeks among insects, birds, and flowers; by Wm. Hamilton Gibson. .. Illustrated by the author. New York [etc.]Harper & Brothers[c1919] url p. 153.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 1279.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 154, p. 65.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 95.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 10, p. 21, p. 65.
- Synoptical flora of North America: the Gamopetalae, a second edition of vol. I, pt. II, and vol. II, pt. I / collected by Asa Gray. Washington, D. C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1888. url p. 296.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 416, p. 62.
- The American botanist and florist, including lessons in the structure, life growth of plants, together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the American uni New York, Barnes[n.d.] url p. 447.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 447.
- The American journal of science. 23 (2) 1857 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 82.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 388, p. 390, p. 394, p. 437.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 48.
- The Canadian journal; a repertory of industry, science, and art; and a record of the proceedings of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Published by H. Scobie for the Council of the Canadian Institute. url p. 223.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1844 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 503.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 152.
- The Indiana weed book, Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1912. url .
- The Indiana weed book, by W. S. Blatchley. Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1920. url p. 160.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 120.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 13 1873 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 442.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 712, p. 746.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 746.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892 [c1890] url .
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 145, p. 191, p. 316, p. 318, p. 62, p. 85.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 120, p. 298, p. 368.
- The Tennessee flora; with special reference to the flora of Nashville. Phaenogams and vascular cryptogams, by August Gattinger. Nashville, Tenn.The author, 1887. url p. 57.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 236, p. 32.
- The cereals in America, New York, O. Judd company;1904. url p. 411, p. 411.
- The complete herbalist, or The people their own physicians by the use of nature's remedies: describing the great curative properties found in the herbal kingdom. .. / by Dr. O. Phelps Brown. Jersey City, N. J.: Published by the author, 1897. url p. 491.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 232.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 253.
- The genus Bidens. .. by Earl Edward Sherff. 16 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 160, p. 18, p. 206, p. 208, p. 22, p. 236, p. 245, p. 254, p. 255, p. 257, p. 261, p. 262, p. 263, p. 264, p. 265, p. 267, p. 272, p. 6, p. 695, p. 696, plate LXV.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 401, p. 401.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 401.
- The island of Nantucket: what it was and what it is: being a complete index and guide to this noted resort: containing descriptions of everything on or about the island in regard to which the visitor or resident may desire Boston: C.T. Dillingham, c1882. url p. 42.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 214.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 13.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 124.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 11, p. 254.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url , , .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 50.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 50.
- The vegetation of the New Jersey Pine-Barrens: an ecologic investigation / by John W. Harshberger. Philadelphia: Christopher Sower Company, 1916. url p. 254, p. 258.
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url .
- Torrey, J. & A. Gray A flora of North America: containing abridged descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing north of Mexico, arranged according to the natural system /by John Torrey and Asa Gray. New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1838-. url p. 351, p. 352, p. 352.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 113, p. 214, p. 55, p. 60.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url , , , p. 7.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 195.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. 23 1862 London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 331.
- Transactions of the Wisconsin State Agricultural Society: with reports of county societies, and kindred associations. edited by J.W. Hoyt, secretary. [Wisconsin]: [s.n.], 1860 url .
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 200, p. 74.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 159.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 608.
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1895-1923. url p. 608.
- Hall, G. W. 1967. A Biosystematic Study of the North American Complex of the Genus Bidens (Compositae). Ph.D. dissertation. Indiana University.
- Sherff, E. E. 1937. The genus Bidens. Publ. Field Mus. Nat. Hist., Bot. Ser. 16.
- Weedon, R. R. 1973. Taxonomy and Distribution of the Genus Bidens (Compositae) in the North-central Plains States. Ph.D. dissertation. University of Kansas.
- "Bidens connata". in Flora of North America Vol. 21 Page 208, 217. Published by Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- GCC: Global Compositae Checklist. Release date: November 18, 2009
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 24, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 9 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 26, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 24, 2007:
- Bundesamt für Naturschutz / Zentralstelle für Phytodiversität Deutschland, Bundesamt fuer Naturschutz / Zentralstelle fuer Phytodiversitaet Deutschland
- Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien, Conservatoire botanique national du Bassin parisien
- NLBIF, Limnodata
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2657377
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Ast-974
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:50178-3
- GRIN Nomen Number: 104083
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 35718
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDAST180E0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: BICOS
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 25096
- John L. Strother, Ronald R. Weedon "Bidens". in Flora of North America Vol. 21 Page 184, 185, 205, 206. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Bidens connata". in Flora of North America Vol. 21 Page 208, 217. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 153.320 meters (503.018 feet), Standard Deviation = 169.830 based on 1,145 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]