Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Bur Marigold, Nodding Beggar-Ticks, Nodding Beggartick, Nodding Beggarticks, Nodding Bur Marigold, Nodding Burmarigold, Nodding Burr-Marigold, Small Marigold, Sticktight
Common Names in French:
Common Names in Romanian:
The largest family of flowering plants , the Compositae (Asteraceae), comprising about 1,100 genera and more than 20,000 species and characterized by many small flowers arranged in a head looking like a single flower and subtended by an involucre of bracts. A head may consist of both ray flowers and disk flowers, as in the sunflower, of disk flowers only, as in the burdock, or of ray flowers only, as in the dandelion.
The Heliantheae are a tribe of closely related genera of the sunflower family that can be readily recognized due to the association of a receptacular bract or chaff scale with each disk floret in the head . The heads usually include bisexual , actinomorphic disk florets with tubular corollas that have 4 or 5 distal lobes and also peripheral zygomorphic female or sometimes sterile florets with strap-shaped corollas that have 3 or fewer distal teeth. However, the ray flowers are sometimes absent and the heads are then discoid , containing only bisexual florets with tubular corollas. The pappus is absent or more commonly ranges from scales to stiff bristles . -- Gerald Carr.
or perennials [shrubs
], 5400 cm. Stems usually 1, usually erect
or 4-angled, often striate
) branched distally or ± throughout. Leaves usually cauline; usually opposite, rarely whorled
, distal sometimes alternate; petiolate
or sessile; blades
), or 13+-pinnatisect or -pinnately lobed
(submerged leaves multifid
. beckii, an aquatic
, serrate, or toothed
, sometimes hirtellous, hispidulous
, pilosulous, puberulent
, scabrellous, or strigillose
. Heads usually radiate
, sometimes ± disciform
, usually in corymbiform
arrays, sometimes in 2s or 3s or borne singly. Calyculi of (3) 513(21+) erect to spreading
, ± herbaceous (sometimes foliaceous
or bracts (sometimes surpassing
phyllaries). Involucres mostly hemispheric
, (1) 412(25+) mm diam. Phyllaries persistent
, mostly (4) 821(30+) in ± 2 series, usually distinct
, sometimes connate
0.050.1 their lengths
, mostly oblong
to lance-oblong, chartaceous
to membranous or scarious
(usually striate with brownish nerves
, margins usually hyaline
). Receptacles flat or slightly convex
, paleate; paleae usually falling, (usually stramineous
, sometimes yellow to orange, with darker striae) ± flat to slightly navicular
. Ray florets usually 121+ (often 3, 5, 8, or 13), sometimes 0, usually neuter
, sometimes styliferous and sterile
; corollas usually yellow, sometimes white or pinkish. Disc florets (5) 1260(150+), bisexual
; corollas usually yellow to orange, sometimes whitish [purplish], tubes
shorter than throats
(3) 5, ± deltate (staminal
glabrous; style-branch appendages
deltate or lanceolate to subulate
). Cypselae usually obcompressed
to flat, unequally 34-angled, and cuneate to oblanceolate
, sometimes (all or inner) ± equally 4-angled and linear-fusiform, rarely subterete, margins (± corky-winged in B. aristosa, B. cernua, and B. polylepis) usually retrorsely, sometimes patently or antrorsely, barbed
, apices sometimes attenuate, not beaked
[beaked], faces smooth
, striate, or ± tuberculate
, glabrous or hairy
, each sometimes with 2 grooves
; pappi 0, or persistent, of (1) 24(8) usually retrorsely, sometimes antrorsely, barbellate
or ciliate, rarely smooth, awns
. x = 13.
Species 150-250+: widespread, especially in subtropical , tropical , and warm-temperate North America and South America.
Within species of Bidens, leaves may be simple, 1-pinnately compound, or 1-3-pinnatisect or -pinnately or -ternately lobed. For compound leaves, leaflets are described; for leaves mostly 1-pinnately lobed, primary lobes are described; for leaves 2-3-pinnatisect or -pinnately lobed, the ultimate lobes are described. Involucres in Bidens species are subtended by more or less herbaceous (sometimes foliaceous) bractlets or bracts; collectively, they constitute calyculi and they often well surpass the phyllaries. Together, phyllaries constitute involucres. In keys and descriptions here, shapes , heights , and diameters given for involucres are for involucres at flowering; involucres are sometimes notably larger in fruit. In some Bidens species, the outer and inner cypselae are obcompressed (unequally 3-4-angled) to flat, are mostly cuneate to obovate or nearly linear (broadest at or near apices), and are more or less similar except for sizes (outer smaller) ; in other species, the outer cypselae are obcompressed to flat and obovate to cuneate or linear and the inner are more or less equally 4-angled (in cross section ) and linear-fusiform (thickest near their middles and more or less attenuate toward their tips ).
Species Bidens cernua
, (2-) 20-100(-400+) cm (stems sometimes rooting
nodes). Leaves (rarely in 3s) sessile; blades
to lanceolate or linear
, 40-100(-200+) × (2-)
5-25(-45+) mm, bases
cuneate to rounded
to serrate, sometimes entire, sometimes ciliate
, apices acute
to acuminate, faces
. Heads (erect
usually nodding in fruit) borne singly or in open, ± corymbiform
arrays. Peduncles 10-40(-100+) mm.
Calyculi of (3-)
, often ±
or bracts (3-) 8-12(-25+) mm, margins usually
faces usually glabrous, bases sometimes hispidulous
Involucres ± hemispheric
or broader, (3-) 6-10 ×
(8-) 12-20+ mm. Phyllaries 6-8+, ovate
or lance-ovate to lanceolate,
2-10 mm. Ray florets usually 6-8, sometimes 0; laminae
2-15(-18) mm. Disc florets (10-) 40-100(-150+) ; corollas
orange-yellow, 3-4 mm. Cypselae blackish or brown, usually
± flattened, sometimes ± 4-angled, ± cuneate,
outer (3-) 5-6+ mm, inner 4-8 mm, margins (± thickened or
) retrorsely ciliate, apices ± truncate
, glabrous or tuberculo-strigillose; pappi
of (2-) 4, ± erect, retrorsely barbed
(1-) 2-4 mm. 2n
= 24, 48. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: July, August. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 12-18" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,793 meters (0 to 9,163 feet).
Culture: Space 9-12" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Lindley, 1833
- Family: Compositae () - Giseke, 1792, nom. cons., nom. alt.
- Order: Asterales () - Lindley, 1833
- Superorder: Campanulanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
B. cernua var. integra Wiegand • B. cernua var. minima (Hudson) Pursh • B. cernua var. oligodonta Fernald & H. St. John • B. cernua var. radiata de Candolle • B. filamentosa Rydberg • B. glaucescens Greene • B. gracilenta Greene • B. minima Hudson • B. prionophylla Greene • Bidens cernua var. dentata (Nutt.) Boivin • Bidens cernua var. elliptica Wieg. • Bidens cernua var. elliptica Wiegand • Bidens cernua var. integra Wieg. • Bidens cernua var. minima (Huds.) Pursh • Bidens cernua var. oligodonta Fern. & St. John • Bidens cernua var. radiata Dc. • Bidens glaucescens Greene
Status: Accepted Name
Comment: Data Providers: New Zealand Plant Name Database, Flora of Japan, Flora of Korea, Govaerts World Compositae Checklist A-G, IPNI, Flora of China Checklist, Tropicos, Euro+Med, LCR Editor. GCC LSID: urn :lsid:compositae.org:names:610E2E9B-6131-49F5-B9E4-A18EC11CD44D
Last scrutiny: 15-Oct-09
Members of the genus Bidens
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 90 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
B. alba (Romerillo) · B. alba var. radiata (Bidens) · B. alba var. radiata (Sch.Bip.) Ballard ex T.E.Melchert (Bidens) · B. amplectens (Koko'olau) · B. amplissima (Vancouver Island Beggar-Ticks) · B. aristosa (Bearded Beggarticks) · B. asymmetrica (Asymmetrical Beggar-Ticks) · B. aurea (Arizona Beggar-Ticks) · B. bidentoides (Delmarva Beggarticks) · B. bigelovii (Bigelow Beggarticks) · B. bipinnata (Spanish Needles) · B. campylotheca (Campylotheca Bidens) · B. campylotheca campylotheca (Koko`olau) · B. campylotheca pentamera (Viper Beggarticks) · B. campylotheca waihoiensis (Koko`olau) · B. campylotheca subsp. pentamera (Viper Beggarticks) · B. campylotheca subsp. waihoiensis (Waihoi Beggarticks) · B. cernua (Bur Marigold) · B. cernua var. Cernua (Bur Marigold) · B. cervicata (Kauai Beggarticks) · B. conjuncta (Bog Beggarticks) · B. connata (Purple-Stem Beggarticks) · B. coronata (Crowned Beggarticks) · B. cosmoides (Cosmos-Flower Beggar-Ticks) · B. cuneata (Cuneate Bidens) · B. cynapiifolia (West Indian Beggar-Ticks) · B. discoidea (Discord Beggarticks) · B. eatoni (Eaton's Beggar-Ticks) · B. eatonii (Eaton's Beggar-Ticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Goldie' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Gold Marie' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Klebf07003' (Fern-Leaved Beggar-Ticks 'klebf07003') · B. ferulifolia 'Klebf07570' (Fern-Leaved Beggar-Ticks 'klebf07570') · B. ferulifolia 'Peter's Gold Carpet' (Bur Marigold) · B. ferulifolia 'Smiley' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. ferulifolia 'Solaire Yellow' (Apache Beggarticks) · B. forbesii (Coastalbluff Beggarticks) · B. forbesii kahiliensis (Apache Beggar-Ticks) · B. forbesii subsp. kahiliensis (Kahili Beggarticks) · B. frondosa (Beggar Ticks) · B. gardneri (Ridge Beggartick) · B. hawaiensis (Hawai'i Beggarticks) · B. heterodoxa (Connecticut Beggar-Ticks) · B. heterodoxa var. heterodoxa (Connecticut Beggarticks) · B. heterosperma (Rocky Mountain Beggarticks) · B. hillebrandiana polycephala (Hillebrand's Beggar-Ticks) · B. hillebrandiana subsp. polycephala (Seacliff Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea (Estuary Beggar-Ticks) · B. hyperborea Greene var. gaspensis Fern. (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea Greene var. hyperborea Greene (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea Greene var. svensonii Fassett (Svenson's Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. arcuans (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. gaspensis (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. hyperborea (Estuary Beggarticks) · B. hyperborea var. svensonii (Svenson's Beggarticks) · B. laevis (Burmarigold) · B. lemmonii (Lemmon's Beggar-Ticks) · B. leptocephala (Few-Flower Beggar-Ticks) · B. macrocarpa (Large-Fruit Beggar-Ticks) · B. mauiensis (Maui Beggarticks) · B. menziesii filiformis (Mauna Loa Beggarticks) · B. menziesii subsp. filiformis (Mauna Loa Beggarticks) · B. micrantha ctenophylla (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha kalealaha (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha micrantha (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha subsp. ctenophylla (Grassland Beggarticks) · B. micrantha subsp. kalealaha (Kalealaha Beggarticks) · B. mitis (Florida Marigold) · B. molokaiensis (Molokai Beggar-Ticks) · B. multiceps (Beggartick) · B. pilosa (Beggar's Tick) · B. pilosa var. radiata (Beggar's Tick) · B. polycephala (Seacliff Beggarticks) · B. populifolia (Oahu Beggarticks) · B. reptans (Manzanilla Trepador) · B. reptans var. reptans (Manzanilla Trepador) · B. reptans var. urbanii (Urban's Beggartick) · B. sandvicensis confusa (Hawaiian Islands Beggar-Ticks) · B. sandvicensis sandvicensis (Shrubland Beggarticks) · B. sandvicensis subsp. confusa (Shrubland Beggarticks) · B. sulphurea (Sulphur Cosmos) · B. tenuisecta (Slim-Lobe Beggar-Ticks) · B. torta (Cork-Screw Beggar-Ticks) · B. tripartita (Three-Lobe Beggar-Ticks) · B. valida (Robust Bidens) · B. vulgata (Big Devils Beggartick) · B. wiebkei (Wiebke's Beggarticks) · B. amplissima (Hong Kong Orchid Tree) · B. x multiceps (Beggartick) · B. amplissima (Ottawa Barberry)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 51.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 118, p. 322.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 336.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and higher cryptogams, both native and introduced, found within about thirty miles of Hanover, N. H., including a few cultivated species, to which is appended a list of vertebrate animals of the same region. By Henry Jesup. [Hanover?]Printed for the Author, 1891. url p. 22.
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 346.
- A class-book of botany: designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries: in two parts: part I, The elements of botany: part II, The natural orders: illustrated by a flora of the northern, middle, and western states, particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat 38 3/4 / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Burr; c1846. url p. 346.
- A class-book of botany; designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. .. illustrated by a flora of the northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the capitol, lat. 38 3/4 o. Boston, Crocker & Brewster, 1849. url p. 346.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url .
- A complete guide to the English lakes, London, J. Garnett;186-?] url .
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 77.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 77.
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 344.
- A flora of the islands of Jersey, with a list of the plants of the Channel Islands in general, and remarks upon their distribution and geographical affinities. London, West, Newman, 1903. url , .
- A flora of western middle California, Berkeley, Cal., Encina Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- A further contribution to a comparative study of the dominant phanerogamic and higher cryptogamic flora of aquatic habit in Scottish lakes / by George West. Edinburgh: R. Grant, 1910. url p. 132, p. 147, p. 78.
- A guide and key to the aquatic plants of the Southeastern United States, by Don E. Eyles and Lynne Robertson, Jr. With original drawings by Garnet W. Jex. Washington, U. S. Govt. Print. Off., 1963. url p. 140.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 160.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 293.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 3 1941 1941. url p. 818.
- A manual of the more common herbaceous plants of Quebec and Ontario for use in connection with Groom's Botany / by D.P. Penhallow. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1899. url .
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 476.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 214.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 106, p. 196.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 107, p. 108, p. 109, p. 115, p. 7.
- A popular flora of Denver, Colorado, / by Alice Eastwood. San Francisco: Zoe Publishing Company. ..,  url p. 25, p. 25.
- A preliminary list of Maine fungi, by Percy LeRoy Ricker. .. Orono, Me., 1902. url p. 31.
- A preliminary list of the plants of New Brunswick compiled by James Fowler; with assistance of members of New Brunswick Natural History Society. Saint John, N.B.: Ellis, Robertson & Co., 1885. url .
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 68.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 205, p. 60.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 895, p. 927.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 72.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 142.
- A systematic arrangement of British plants / by W. Withering; corrected and condensed; preceded by instructions adapted for persons commencing the study of botany; accompanied with figures by William MacGillivray. London: Printed for Adam Scott, 1848. url p. 305, p. 318.
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Abstract of the proceedings of the Linnaean Society of New York. [New York]: The Society, [1889-1932]. url p. 66.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 108, p. 114, p. 20, p. 50, p. 631.
- Additions to the list of New Brunswick plants (continued from last year's report) / by James Fowler. Fredericton, N.B.?: s.n., 1880? url .
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 815.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 78.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 494, p. 495.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 685.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 420.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 101, p. 51.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 367, p. 375, p. 381, p. 509.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 728.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 7.
- Annual report / Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. St. Paul: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1872-1898. url p. 83.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 12, p. 157, p. 168.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 19 1908 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 185, p. 189, p. 228.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 133.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 772.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 130, p. 261, p. 261, p. 31, p. 363, p. 363, p. 46, p. 59, p. 78, p. 83, p. 90, p. 99.
- Annual report of the Regents / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1890-1903. url p. 22, p. 39.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the Connecticut Board of Agriculture. Hartford: The Board, 1867-1925. url p. 53.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url p. 18.
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 33.
- Annual report of the state botanist, by Charles H. Peck. Albany, University of the State of New York, 1897. url p. 18.
- Annual report on the New York State Museum of Natural History. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 126, p. 39.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 86.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1663, p. 1667.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 266.
- Autumn notes in Iowa, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, The Torch press, 1914. url p. 162, p. 177.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 14, p. 18, p. 35.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 256.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url , p. 111.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 138, p. 161, p. 79.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 357.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass.Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 357.
- British bee journal & bee-keepers adviser. London. url p. 510.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 241, p. 241, p. 320, p. 320, p. 59, p. 59.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , , .
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 261.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 23 1934 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 3.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 738, p. 739, p. 804.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 157, p. 168, p. 7.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 49.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url , p. 13, p. 280.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 228, p. 336.
- Bulletin / University of Montana. Missoula: University of Montana, 1901-1910. url p. 50.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 49.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1904-05 1904 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 3, p. 5, p. 5, p. 5.
- Bulletin of the Essex Institute. Salem, Mass.: Essex Institute. url p. 134.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 639, p. 639.
- Bulletin of the Philosophical Society of Washington. 25 1883 Washington, D.C.: Published by the co-operation of the Smithsonian Institution, [1874- url p. 106.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 26 1899 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 187, p. 235, p. 269, p. 399, p. 401, p. 404, p. 406, p. 409, p. 410, p. 412, p. 413, p. 416, p. 417, p. 419, p. 421, p. 618, p. 63, p. 648, p. 661, p. X.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 23.
- Bulletin of the United States Fish Commission. Washington, The Commission, Govt. Print. Off. url p. 259.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 228.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 247, p. 247.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url , .
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. CambridgeUniversity Press1908-14 url p. 601.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 396.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 85.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url p. 90.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 297, p. 629.
- Compositae newsletter. Columbus, Ohio: Dept. of Botany, Ohio State University, 1975- url p. 33.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the Hull Botanical Laboratory. [Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1895- url p. 312, p. 503, p. 94, p. 95.
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 399.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 3 1892-1896 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 166, p. 209, p. 288, p. 289, p. 546, p. 578, p. 579, p. 587.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 23 2001 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 320.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 5, p. 86.
- Contributions to the flora and fauna of Repton and neighbourhood. London, Bemrose, 1881. url p. 29.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 33.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 302, p. 532.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, by Theodore C. Frye. .. and George B. Rigg. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1914] url p. 228.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url p. 430, p. 433.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 12, p. 22, p. 41, p. 53, p. 70, p. 87.
- Experimental evolution; lectures delivered in the "Summer School of Art and Science", University Hall, Edinburgh (August, 1891) by Henry de Varigny. and New York, Macmillan and Co., 1892. url p. 262, p. 72.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 13.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 376.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 512, p. 573.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 512, p. 538.
- First biennial report of the progress of the Geological survey of Michigan, embracing observations on the geology, zoo?logy and botany of the lower peninsula. Made to the governor, December 31, 1860. Lansing, Hosmer & Kerr, printers to the state, 1861. url .
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 134.
- Flood tolerance of plant species in bottomland forests of the southeastern United States / 1992. url p. 128.
- Flora Ottawaensis by James Fletcher. S.l.: s.n., 188-? url .
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 85.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , p. 339.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url .
- Flora of Colorado, Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url .
- Flora of Colorado, by P. A. Rydberg, PH. D. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 375.
- Flora of Colorado, by P.A. Rydberg. Fort Collins, Col., Experiment Station, 1906. url p. 375, p. 375.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , .
- Flora of Derbyshire: flowering plants, higher cryptogams, mosses and hepatics, Characeae. London, Bemrose & Sons Ltd., 1903. url p. 181.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 484.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1102, p. 982.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 901.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 306.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 306.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url .
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url p. 152, p. 360, p. 369.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 152, p. 360.
- Flora of Mount Desert Island, Maine: a preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands / by Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield; with a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert Island. Cambridge, Mass.: J. Wilson, 1894. url p. 118.
- Flora of Mount Desert island, Maine. A preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands. By Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield. With a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert island. Cambridge, Mass., J. Wilson and son, 1894. url p. 118.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 188, p. 189.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 334.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 206, p. 23, p. 412.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 64.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 86.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont / George G. Kennedy. Boston: [s.n.], 1904. url p. 132.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont. [By] George G. Kennedy. Boston, 1904. url p. 132.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url .
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 276.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 305.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 45.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 288, p. 289.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 389.
- Flora of the Miami Valley, Ohio /c by A.P. Morgan. Dayton, Ohio: Literary Union, 1878. url p. 62.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 515, p. 516, p. 518, p. 554, p. 559.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 375.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1281.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arr. according to the natural system. New YorkAmerican Book Co. url p. 259.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 578, p. 579.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 578.
- Flowers of the field. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge[186-?] url p. 356.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 44.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Genus Labordia. Hawaiian Euphorbiaceae, Labiatae and Compositae. By Earl Edward Sherff. 17 1939 [Chicago]1939. url p. 607.
- Geological magazine. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 443, p. 444, p. 568.
- Geology of Clydesdale and Arran: embracing also the marine zoology and the flora of Arran, with complete list of species, notes on the rarer insects of Arran, and notices of its scenery and antiquities / by James Bryce. London: R. Griffin, 1859. url p. 167.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 149.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 159, p. 79.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 76.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 185, p. 327.
- Handbook for Southport: medical and general, with copious notices of the natural history of the district / edited by Edward Day McNicoll. Southport [Eng.]: R. Johnson, 1883. url p. 85.
- Handbook of experiment station work. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1893. url p. 364.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 235.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania, north to the Blue mountains, and west to the Susquehanna; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url , .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 139, p. 240, p. 268, p. 43.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 3 1860 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. xcvii.
- Hortus suburbanus Calcuttensis; A catalogue of the plants which have been cultivated in the Hon. East India Company's botanical garden, Calcutta, and in the Serampore botanical garden. By the late J. O. Voigt, printed under the superintendence of W. Griffith. Calcutta, Bishop's College Press, 1845. url p. 422.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 218.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url p. 333.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 44.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 165, p. 176.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants, drawn by W.H. Fitch and W.G. Smith. London: Reeve, 1908. url p. 125.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 106, p. 106, p. 144, p. 152, p. 156, p. 167, p. 184, p. 19, p. 19, p. 235, p. 248, p. 248, p. 251, p. 254, p. 254, p. 265, p. 272, p. 28, p. 309, p. 315, p. 339, p. 34, p. 369, p. 389, p. 43, p. 52, p. 53, p. 54, p. 7, p. 78, p. 81, p. 82, p. 88.
- Journal of mycology. Manhattan, Kan.: [s.n.], 1885-1908. url p. 188, p. 269, p. 37.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 79.
- Journal of the Royal Institution of Cornwall. Truro, Eng., Workers of Cornwall Ltd. url p. 370.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 441.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 441.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 441.
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 175.
- Lake Superior: its physical character, vegetation, and animals, compared with those of other and similar regions. By Louis Agassiz. With a narrative of the tour, by J. Elliot Cabot. And contributions by other scientific gentlemen. .. Boston, Gould, Kendall and Lincoln, 1850. url p. 175.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url p. 261, p. 354, p. 61.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 514.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 337.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1851. url .
- Manual of the Flora of Jackson County, Missouri, By Kenneth K. MacKenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., s.n., 1902 url p. 203.
- Manual of the botany (Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta) of the Rocky mountain region, from New Mexico to the British boundary. By John M. Coulter. and Chicago: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and company, 1885. url p. 189.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee, arranged according to the natural system / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1868, c1867. url p. 261.
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri, by Kenneth K. Mackenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 1000, p. 1001.
- Manual of the flowering plants of Iowa. [Lamoni, Iowa]Privately published, 1899. url .
- Meehan's monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany, and kindred subjects. Phila., PA: T. Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url .
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url p. 98.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 122, p. 123, p. 131.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 337, p. 52.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 133.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url p. 572, p. 597, p. 597, p. 750, p. 750.
- Miramichi wild flowers by R. Mackenzie. Montreal: J. Lovell, 1887. url .
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 121, p. 163, p. 71.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 12.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url p. 404, p. 404, p. 428.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 274, p. 274.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 110, p. 20, p. 68.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 1 1884-1888 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 187.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 4 1907 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 141, p. 294, p. 345, p. 383.
- Notes on the flora of western Nova Scotia, 1921 / M.L. Fernald. Cambridge, MA: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1922. url p. 206.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 102, p. 26, p. 31, p. 540, p. 544, p. 609, p. 91.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 65.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 309, p. 420, p. 76.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 553.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 270.
- Pittonia: a series of papers relating to botany and botanists /by Edward L. Greene. 4 1899-1901 Berkeley, Calif. [etc.]: Doxey & Co. [etc.], 1887-1905. url p. 245, p. 251, p. 252.
- Plant names, scientific and popular, including in the case of each plant the correct botanical name in accordance with the reformed nomenclature, together with botanical and popular synonyms. .. Comp. from the most authentic sources by A. B. Lyons. Detroit, Nelson, Baker & Co., 1900. url p. 63.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 25, p. 25.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 188.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 188.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url .
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits by George Lincoln Walton. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 29.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 230.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 56.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 390, p. 663.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 107, p. 217, p. 51.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 229.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 141, p. 159.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url p. 165.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 77.
- Proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary. Albany, N.Y.: New York, Dept. of Environmental Conservation,  url p. 132.
- Publications - Puget Sound Biological Station. [Seattle?]Puget Sound Biological Station, University of Washington. url p. 394, p. 396.
- Rambles in search of wild flowers, and how to distinguish them. London, Journal of horticulture and cottage gardener, 1864. url p. 169.
- Rapid ecological assessment of selected state lands in southcentral Montana for plant species of special concern / prepared by James P. Vanderhorst; prepared for Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 30.
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: James B. Lyon, State Printer, 1867-1924. url p. 116, p. 126, p. 33, p. 39.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1900-1904. url p. 139, p. 154.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , p. 12, p. 157, p. 168, p. 7.
- Report of the State highway commission on the Iowa lakes and lake beds. Des Moines, Pub. by the state of Iowa url p. 167.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 64.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 546, p. 746, p. 750, p. 769.
- Revision of the genus Coreopsis, by Earl Edward Sherff. 11 1936 Chicago, 1936. url p. 452, p. 457.
- Rock River area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, Natural History Survey Division, in conjunction with State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, IL: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1996- url p. 124, p. 85, p. 87.
- Rocky Mountain wild flower studies; an account of the ways of some plants that live in the Rocky Mountain region, by Burton O. Longyear. .. with illustrations from nature by the author. Denver, Merchants Publishing Co., c1909 url p. 189.
- Sensitive plant species survey, Garfield and McCone Counties, Montana / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sensitive plant survey in the Sioux District, Custer National Forest, Carter County, Montana, and Harding County, South Dakota / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel and Keith H. Dueholm; prepared for Custer National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1995. url p. 8.
- Sensitive plant surveys in the Big Belt and Elkhorn Mountains, U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Helena National Forest, Montana / prepared by Jackie M. Poole and Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Helena National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url .
- Sharp eyes; a rambler's calendar of fifty-two weeks among insects, birds, and flowers; by Wm. Hamilton Gibson. .. Illustrated by the author. New York [etc.]Harper & Brothers[c1919] url p. 153.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 1280.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 31 1888 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 296.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 130, p. 154, p. 31, p. 46, p. 78, p. 83, p. 90, p. 99.
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url .
- Species and varieties: their origin by mutation / lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo DeVries; edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: The Open Court; 1906, c1904. url p. 158.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 158.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 95.
- Studies in seeds and fruits, an investigation with the balance, London, Williams and Norgate, 1912. url , , , , , .
- Studies of the vegetation of Missouri. .. / By Julian A. Steyermark. 9 1941 [Chicago, 1940- url p. 597, p. 611.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 17, p. 18, p. 39, p. 49, p. 60, p. 63, p. 66.
- Synoptical flora of North America. New York, American Book Company, 1878-1895/97 [v.2, pt. 1, 1878] url p. 296.
- Synoptical flora of North America: the Gamopetalae, a second edition of vol. I, pt. II, and vol. II, pt. I / collected by Asa Gray. Washington, D. C.: Smithsonian Institution, 1888. url p. 296.
- Systematic lists illustrative of the Flora, Fauna, Palaeontology, and Archaeology of the North of Ireland / Belfast: Printed for the Club, 1870-1906. url p. 176.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants; together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the America By Alphonso Wood. .. Chicago, A. S. Barnes & Company, 1873 [c1870] url p. 180.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 70.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 122, p. 197, p. 200, p. 98.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 41, p. 473, p. 473, p. 75, p. 75.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 174, p. 42, p. 46.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous, or flowering plants and the ferns / by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1838- url p. 299.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 442.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 40.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 34 1920 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url latchford , huntsman , snyder , title page, index , latchford , , p. 126, p. 133, p. 135, p. 136, p. 162, p. 184, p. 189, p. 210, p. 229, p. 254, p. 26, p. 279, p. 298, p. 299, p. 299, p. 30, p. 30, p. 466, p. 493, p. 505, p. 508, p. 516, p. 627, p. 628, p. 628, p. 633, p. 634, p. 68, p. 683.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 223.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 665.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 224, p. 286, p. 305, p. 417, p. 61.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 14, p. 228, p. 737.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , p. 115, p. 182, p. 286, p. 32.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 820.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 120, p. 151.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 19 1882 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 285, p. 435, p. 489, p. 545.
- The Manchester flora: a descriptive list of the plants growing wild within eighteen miles of Manchester, with notices of the plants commonly cultivated in gardens; preceded by an introduction to botany, by L. H. Grindon. London, W. White, 1859. url p. 308.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 712, p. 730, p. 746, p. 769.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 730, p. 746.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 111, p. 165, p. 325, p. 342, p. 344, p. 43.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 293.
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, by J. B. Ellis and B. M. Everhart. With original illustrations by F. W. Anderson. Newfield, N. J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892. url p. 8, p. 8.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 205, p. 208, p. 306, p. 317, p. 476, p. 85.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 143, p. 143, p. 157, p. 157, p. 44.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 194, p. 253, p. 31, p. 313, p. 315, p. 315, p. 357, p. 369, p. 385, p. 385, p. 386, p. 386, p. 401, p. 418, p. 427, p. 428, p. 44, p. 86, p. 98.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 1093, p. 146, p. 296, p. 324, p. 405, p. 417, p. 425, p. 433, p. 486, p. 491, p. 578, p. 69.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 333.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 491.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 120, p. 298, p. 322, p. 333, p. 352, p. 365, p. 368, p. 380, p. 391.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 120, p. 52.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 21, p. 288.
- The Tennessee flora; with special reference to the flora of Nashville. Phaenogams and vascular cryptogams, by August Gattinger. Nashville, Tenn.The author, 1887. url p. 57.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 48 1969 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 537, p. 576.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 236, p. 32.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 47, p. 49.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 46.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 103.
- The book of the seasons: or, The calendar of nature / by William Howitt. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1842. url p. 289.
- The botany of the Eastern Borders: with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them / by George Johnston. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url , p. 319.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 361.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 9.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 281, p. 40, p. 41, p. 421, p. 47, p. 80, p. 86, p. 93.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 309.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 93.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 93.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 60.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url , .
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 232.
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 431.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 171.
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 10.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 56.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 253.
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges, & ferns of Great Britain and their allies, the club mosses, horsetails, etc. London, F. Warne, 1905. url .
- The genus Bidens. .. by Earl Edward Sherff. 16 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 17, p. 18, p. 22, p. 25, p. 26, p. 262, p. 263, p. 269, p. 27, p. 273, p. 277, p. 278, p. 279, p. 29, p. 291, p. 294, p. 297, p. 298, p. 299, p. 300, p. 301, p. 302, p. 304, p. 309, p. 310, p. 311, p. 312, p. 313, p. 317, p. 320, p. 321, p. 325, p. 51, p. 59, p. 696, p. 7, plate LXXII.
- The geology of Arran and the other Clyde islands with an account of the botany, natural history, and antiquities, notices of the scenery and an itinerary of the routes, by James Bryce. .. GlasgowW. Collins, sons, and company, 1872. url p. 243.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 401.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 401.
- The heredity of acquired characters in plants. By the Rev. Professor George Henslow. .. London, J. Murray, 1908. url , p. 98.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 354.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 480.
- The mammals of the Adirondack region, northeastern New York. With an introductory chapter treating of the location and boundaries of the region, its geological history, topography, climate, general features, botany and faunal position. New YorkHolt1886 url p. 313.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. Tr. by J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. Chicago, Open Court Pub. Co., 1909-10. url p. 79.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 214.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 13.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 500, p. 932.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 139.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 250.
- The origin of the British flora / London: Dulau, 1899. url , .
- The origin of the British flora. LondonDulau1899 url p. 182, p. 87.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 495.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 124.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 24, p. 254.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 772.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 772.
- The principles and practice of land drainage: embracing a brief history of underdraining; a detailed examination of its operation and advantages: a description of various kinds of drains, with practical directions for their construction: the manu By John H. Klippart. Cincinnati, R. Clarke & co., 1862. url p. 184.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , p. 342.
- The student's flora of the British Islands / by J.D. Hooker. London: Macmillan, 1884. url p. 211.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , p. 149, p. 155, p. 199, p. 227, p. 70, p. 75.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 489, p. 490, p. 740, p. 789.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 489, p. 490, p. 740, p. 789.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torrey, J. & A. Gray A flora of North America: containing abridged descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing north of Mexico, arranged according to the natural system /by John Torrey and Asa Gray. New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1838-. url p. 339, p. 352.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 109, p. 12, p. 127, p. 142, p. 156, p. 161, p. 172, p. 189, p. 253, p. 3.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 24, p. 294, p. 86.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url , , p. 1, p. 7, p. 7.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 59.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url p. 143.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 150.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Geo. W. Martin url p. 14, p. 50.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 150, p. 151, p. 173.
- Transactions of the Linnaean Society of New York. New York: The Society, 1882- url p. 227.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 199, p. 302.
- Transactions of the State Agricultural Society. .. Lansing: The Society, 1850-1856. url p. 401.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 15, p. 19.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 200, p. 76.
- Transactions. Columbus, Ohio [etc.] url p. 178, p. 247.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 79.
- Wild flowers of New York, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1918. url , p. 321, p. 340, p. 340, p. 343.
- Wild flowers of the north-eastern states: being three hundred and eight individuals common to the north-eastern United States, New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1904. url , .
- Wild flowers; New York, Macmillan Co., 1934. url , , , .
- Year book - Carnegie Institution of Washington. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington url p. 100.
- Hall, G. W. 1967. A Biosystematic Study of the North American Complex of the Genus Bidens (Compositae). Ph.D. dissertation. Indiana University.
- Sherff, E. E. 1937. The genus Bidens. Publ. Field Mus. Nat. Hist., Bot. Ser. 16.
- Weedon, R. R. 1973. Taxonomy and Distribution of the Genus Bidens (Compositae) in the North-central Plains States. Ph.D. dissertation. University of Kansas.
- "Bidens cernua". in Flora of North America Vol. 21 Page 206, 208, 214, 215. Published by Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- GCC: Global Compositae Checklist. Release date: November 18, 2009
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 12, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 27 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 26, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2657370
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Ast-4180
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2490700
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:1062866-2
- GRIN Nomen Number: 104074
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 35710
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDAST180B0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: BIGL
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 25093
- John L. Strother, Ronald R. Weedon "Bidens". in Flora of North America Vol. 21 Page 184, 185, 205, 206. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 124.790 meters (409.416 feet), Standard Deviation = 196.680 based on 8,345 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]