Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Danish:
Almindelig Vinterkarse, Udspærret Vinterkarse
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Creasy, Garden Yellow Rocket, Garden Yellow-Rocket, Garden Yellowrocket, Herb-Barbaras, Rocket Cress, Upland Cress, Winter Cress, Wintercress, Yellow Rocket
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Barbarée, Barbarée Commune, Barbarée Vulgaire, Girarde Jaune, Herbe Aux Charpentiers, Herbe De Sainte-Barbe
Common Names in German:
Barbarakraut, Echtes Barbarakraut
Common Names in Italian:
Erba Disanta Barbara
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Common Names in Spanish:
Hierba De Santa Bárbara
Common Names in Swedish:
Bangyllen, Sommargyllen, Vanlig Sommargyllen, Vanlig Vinterkrasse
Species Barbarea vulgaris
Herbs biennial or rarely perennial , glabrous throughout or sparsely hairy . Stems (20-) 30-80(-100) cm tall, erect , angled , branched above. Basal and lowermost cauline leaves petiolate ; petiole (0.5-) 2-8(-12) cm, glabrous or ciliate ; leaf blade (1-) 2-8(-10) cm, lyrate-pinnatifid, with 1-3(-5) lobes on each side of midvein , rarely early ones undivided, sometimes slightly fleshy ; lateral lobes oblong or ovate , 0.3-2(-4) cm × 1-8(-15) mm, entire, repand , crenate , or dentate ; terminal lobe ovate or suborbicular , considerably larger than lateral ones, (0.7-) 1.5-4.5(-7) × (0.4-) 1-3(-5) cm. Upper cauline leaves ovate or suborbicular, undivided, coarsely dentate, sinuate , or rarely subentire , sessile, conspicuously auriculate ; auricles ovate or narrowly oblong, to 10 × 5 mm, often ciliate. Racemes ebracteate , elongated considerably in fruit. Sepals yellow, oblong, 3-4 × 1-1.5 mm, erect, margin scarious , lateral pair slightly saccate . Petals yellow, spatulate , rounded , 5-6(-7) × 1.5-2 mm, attenuate to base . Filaments yellow, 3-4.5 mm; anthers oblong, 0.7-1.2 mm. Fruiting pedicels divaricate or erect-ascending, 3-7 mm, terete or subquadrangular, glabrous, narrower than fruit. Fruit linear, (0.7-) 1.5-3 cm × 1-1.5 mm, terete, somewhat compressed , or 4-angled, torulose , erect to erect-ascending; gynophore to 0.5 mm; valves apex obtuse or subacute ; style slender, 1.5-3 mm. Seeds dark brown, broadly ovate or subglobose, 1.2-1.5 × 1-1.2 mm, uniseriate , plump, wingless. Fl. and fr. Apr-Aug. 2n = 16. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May, June. • Flower Color: yellow
Size: 6-12" tall.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,180 meters (0 to 10,433 feet).
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 2b, 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Order: Brassicales () - Bromhead, 1838
- Superorder: Ranunculanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Barbarea arcuata (Opiz Ex J. and C. Presl) Reichard • Barbarea arcuata (Opiz Ex J. and K. Presl) Reichenb. • Barbarea stricta auct. non Andrz. • Barbarea vulgaris var. arcuata (Opiz Ex J. and C. Presl) Fries • Barbarea vulgaris var. brachycarpa Rouy and Foucaud • Barbarea vulgaris var. longisiliquosa Carion • Barbarea vulgaris var. sylvestris Fries • Barbarea Vulgarus Arcuata • Barbarea Vulgarus Brachycarpa • Barbarea Vulgarus Longisiliquosa • Barbarea Vulgarus Sylvestris • Campe barbarea (L.) W. Wight Ex Piper • Campe stricta auct. non (Andrz.) W. Wight Ex Piper • Erysimum arcuatum Opiz Ex J. and C. Presl • Erysimum barbarea Linnaeus.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 2009
Members of the genus Barbarea
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 10 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
B. australis (Native Wintercress) · B. balcana (Balkan Yellow Rocket) · B. bosniaca (Bosnian Yellow Rocket) · B. intermedia (Medium-Flowered Winter-Cress) · B. orthoceras (American Winter-Cress) · B. verna (Belle Isle Cress) · B. vulgaris (Creasy) · B. vulgaris var. hirsuta (Yellow Rocket) · B. vulgaris 'Variegata' (Creasy) · B. vulgaris 'Variegated Winter' (Upland Cress)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 9.
- A Yosemite flora; a descriptive account of the ferns and flowering plants, including the trees, of the Yosemite National Park; with simple keys for their identification. .. by Harvey Monroe Hall and Carlotta Case Hall. San Francisco, Elder, 1912. url p. 109.
- A catalogue of plants cultivated in the garden of John Gerard, in the years 1596-1599 /edited with notes, references to Gerard's Herball, the addition of modern names, and a life of the author, by Benjamin Daydon Jackson. 1876 London: Privately printed, 1876 url p. 58.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url .
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url , .
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 20.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 34.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 205.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 51.
- A flora of northwest America: containing brief descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing without cultivation north of California, west of Utah, and south of British Columbia / by Thomas Howell. Vol. 1, Phanerogamae. Portland, Or.: [s.n.], 1903. url p. 41, p. 41.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url , p. 36.
- A flora of the South Fork of Kings River: from Millwood to the head waters of Bubbs Creek / by Alice Eastwood. [San Francisco]: Sierra Club, 1902. url p. 29.
- A flora of the islands of Jersey, with a list of the plants of the Channel Islands in general, and remarks upon their distribution and geographical affinities. London, West, Newman, 1903. url .
- A flora of western middle California, Berkeley, Cal., Encina Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical. In two parts. Part I. Outlines of organography, anatomy, and physiology. Part II. Descriptions and illustrations of the orders. By Emm. Le Maout [and] J. Decaisne. With 5500 figures by L. Steinheil a London, Longmans, Green & Co.1873. url .
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 10.
- A handbook of British butterflies, being an outline of the distribution of all the British butterflies together with their food plants, times of appearance, and favorite places of resort. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1902. url p. 7.
- A history of Longridge and district. PrestonPrinted by C.W. Whitehead1888 url p. 263.
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 818, p. 925.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 196.
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts / [Boston, Mass., Press of S. Usher]1898. url p. 541.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url , p. 133, p. 134, p. 135, p. 78.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url , p. 78.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 105, p. 156.
- A popular California flora, or, Manual of botany for beginners. With illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to the Pacific Coast. To which is added an Analytical key to west coast botany. Containing brief descripti San Francisco, The Whitaker & Ray Co., 1896. url p. 23.
- A popular California flora: or, manual of botany for beginners. ..: to which is added an analytical key to West Coast botany. .. / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Bancroft, 1888. url p. 23.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 186, p. 6.
- A spring flora for high schools, New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1915] url , .
- A spring flora for high schools, by Henry C. Cowles. .. and John G. Coulter. .. New York, American book company[c1915] url p. 19, p. 72.
- A student's text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. With 483 illustrations. London, Macmillan & co., 1896. url .
- A vegetation index of biotic integrity for small-order streams in southwest Montana and a floristic quality assessment for western Montana wetlands / [Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2005]. url .
- Across the sub-Arctic of Canada, a journey of 3, 200 miles by canoe and snowshoe through the barren lands, by J. W. Tyrrell. .. including a list of plants collected on the expediton, a vocabulary of Eskimo words, a route map and full classified index. With illustrations from photographs taken on the journe Toronto, W. Briggs, 1897. url p. 252.
- Across the sub-Arctics of Canada, a journey of 3, 200 miles by canoe and snow shoe through the Hudson Bay region, Toronto: William Briggs, 1908. url .
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 133, p. 137, p. 16, p. 19, p. 203, p. 21, p. 21, p. 222, p. 253, p. 30, p. 301, p. 304, p. 308, p. 33, p. 34, p. 42, p. 47, p. 48, p. 55, p. 57, p. 6, p. 67, p. 68, p. 9.
- Agricultural index. New York, H. W. Wilson Co. url p. 106.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url p. 45.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url .
- An account of British flies (Diptera). By Fred. V. Theobald. London: E. Stock, 1892. url p. 62, p. 62.
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 50.
- An elementary text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. .. London: S. Sonnenschein & co., lim.;1898. url p. 537.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 276.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 176, p. 176, p. 177, p. 177.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 277, p. 279.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 174, p. 18, p. 239, p. 239, p. 368, p. 38, p. 380, p. 59.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 363.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 11, p. 17, p. 51, p. 8.
- Annual report / Entomological Society of Ontario. Toronto, The Society. url p. 16.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 101.
- Annual report of the Agricultural Experiment Station / Cornell University, College of Agriculture. Ithaca, N.Y.: The University, 1889-1899. url p. 486.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url , p. 10, p. 175, p. 200, p. 4, p. 48, p. 6, p. 7.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 82.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 21.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 144, p. 85, p. 93.
- Annual report of the Regents / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1890-1903. url p. 21.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url .
- Annual report of the Trustees of the State Museum of Natural History for the year. .. Albany, N.Y.: The Trustees, 1886-1889. url p. 34, p. 34, p. 54, p. 54, p. 63.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 45.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 980, p. 981.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 11.
- Art album of New Zealand flora. By Mr. & Mrs. E.H. Featon. Wellington, N.Z.Bock & Cousins url p. 17.
- Aspects of plant life; with special reference to the British flora. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1921. url p. 153.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 42 - 46 1973 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 53.
- Beekeeping in the Midwest / Urbana-Champaign: University of Illinois Cooperative Extension Service, 1976. url p. 71.
- Bergey's manual of determinative bacteriology, by Robert S. Breed [and others] Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co., 1957. url p. 158.
- Bibliographical index to North American botany; or, Citations of authorities for all the recorded indigenous and naturalized species of the flora of North America, with a chronological arrangement of the synonymy. by Sereno Watson. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1878. url , p. 448.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url , .
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 58.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 211, p. 242.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 40.
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1913. url p. 366.
- Botany of to-day, a popular account of recent notable discoveries. London, Seeley, 1911. url , .
- Botany, an elementary text for schools. New YorkMacmillan1900 url p. 311, p. 342.
- Botany. By W. H. Brewer, Sereno Watson, and Asa Gray. Boston, Little, Brown, 1880. url p. 40.
- Botany. Cambridge, Mass.Welch, Bigelow, University Press, 1876-80. url p. 40, p. 40.
- Botany. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1871. url .
- Botany: an elementary text for schools / by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1901, c1900. url p. 342.
- Botany; an elementary text for schools, by L. H. Beiley. New York, Macmillan Co., 1909 [c1907] url p. 416.
- British bee-farming; its profits and pleasures. London, Chapman and Hall, limited, 1880. url .
- British plant-galls; a classified text book of cecidology, London, Methuen & co. ltd. url .
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 396.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 101.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 167, p. 173, p. 29, p. 324, p. 65.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information. Additional Series. Royal Gardens, Kew. 5 1906 [Kew, Surrey: Royal Botanic Gardens], 1898-1936; url p. 75.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: The Society, 1874- url p. 87, p. 87.
- Bulletin of the Philosophical Society of Washington. 25 1883 Washington, D.C.: Published by the co-operation of the Smithsonian Institution, [1874- url p. 83.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 8.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 18, p. 7.
- Butterflies and moths (British) / by W. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, 1897. url p. 146, p. 148.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 250.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , , p. 1797, p. 1799, p. 1822, p. 1823, p. 1828, p. 1834, p. 1835, p. 1836, p. 1837, p. 1839.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , , p. 44, p. 44, p. 45.
- Catalogue of plants which have been found growing without cultivation in the park and its outlying territories collected, mounted and catalogued for the plant herbarium in the superintendent's office at Niagara Falls, Ontario / by Roderick Cameron. Niagara Falls, Ont.?: s.n., 1896? url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 286, p. 354.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 286.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 207, p. 208.
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Missouri. Jefferson City, Tribune Printing Co., 1886. url .
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous plants of Evanston and vicinity, for 1883 [by] C.S. Raddin. Evanston, R. Vandercook, Printer, 1883. url p. 3.
- Catalogue of the phanerogams and ferns of Licking County, Ohio. Granville, Ohio, Press of Granville Times, 1892. url .
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 47.
- Class-book of botany being outlines of the structures, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. Cincinnati: American Book Co., c1881. url .
- Class-book of botany: being outlines of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants: with a flora of the United States and Canada / by Alphonso Wood. New York: A.S. Barnes & Co.; 1874, c1869. url p. 233.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 92.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 369.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 545.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 168, p. 212, p. 284, p. 303, p. 303, p. 336.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 23 2001 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 313.
- Contributions from the herbarium of the Geological Survey of Canada / by James M. Macoun. [Ottawa?: s.n.], 1894-1906. url p. 145, p. 2.
- Contributions to the flora and fauna of Repton and neighbourhood. London, Bemrose, 1881. url p. 4.
- Contributions to the flora of Iowa. Ames, Iowa, 1877-1883 url p. 259.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.Hodges, Smith, 1866. url p. 18.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 539.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1061, p. 1542, p. 697.
- Dictionary of botanical equivalents, French-English, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager and Edwina M. Smiley. Baltimore, Md., Williams & Wilkins[c1921] url p. 24.
- Diseases of truck crops and their control / New York: E.P. Dutton & Co., [c1918] url .
- Domesticated trout. How to breed and grow them. Charlestown, N. H., 1877  url .
- Domesticated trout: how to breed and grow them. Charlestown, N.H., For sale at the Cold Spring Trout Ponds, 1877. url p. 295.
- Early British botanists and their gardens, based on unpublished writings of Goodyer, Tradescant, and others, by R. T. Gunther. With nine plates and twenty-one other illustrations. Oxford, Printed by F. Hall for the author at the University Press, 1922. url p. 320.
- Economic entomology for the farmer and the fruit grower, and for use as a text-book in agricultural schools and colleges; / by John B. Smith. Philadelphia and London: J.B. Lippincott co., 1906. url p. 246, p. 246.
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 366.
- Entomologica Americana. [Lawrence, Kan., etc.]New York Entomological Society [etc.] url p. 84.
- Entomological news. [Philadelphia]American Entomological Society, 1925- url p. 10, p. 178.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 13, p. 16, p. 17, p. 29, p. 45, p. 58.
- Exercises in botany for the Pacific states / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1897. url p. 233.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url , p. 1083, p. 13, p. 143.
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 7.
- Familiar wild flowers figured and described by F. Edward Hulme. .. 1st- ser.. .. London, Cassell and company, limited, [1878- url , .
- Farlowia: a journal of cryptogamic botany. Cambridge, Mass., 1943-1955. url .
- Farm weeds of Canada / by George H. Clark and James Fletcher; with illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, 1923 url p. 101, index, page 183.
- Farm weeds of Canada, by George H. Clark and James Fletcher. With illustrations by Norman Criddle. Published by direction of the Hon. Sydney A. Fisher, Minister of Agriculture, Ottawa, 1909. Ottawa: Govt. Print. Bureau,  url p. 101.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 113.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 572.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 538.
- Field, forest and garden botany: a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book, c1895. url p. 64.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 64.
- Fieldbook of Illinois wild flowers; six hundred fifty of the more common flowering plants in the state. Urbana, 1936. url p. 131, p. 131.
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 81.
- Flora Franciscana. An attempt to classify and describe the vascular plants of middle California. By Edward L. Greene. San Francisco, Cubery & Co., Printers, 1891-97. url p. 269.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 545, p. 545, p. 724, p. 724.
- Flora Orcadensis: containing the flowering plants arranged according to the natural orders / by Magnus Spence; and The mosses, by James Grant. Kirkwall: D. Spence, 1914. url p. 142.
- Flora Peoriana; the vegetation in the climate of middle Illinois. Peoria, Ill., J. W. Franks & Sons, 1887. url , p. 83.
- Flora Washingtonensis; a catalogue of the Phaenogamia and Pteridophyta of the state of Washington, n.p., 1892 url .
- Flora of Ann Arbor and vicinity. Ann Arbor, [Mich.]: Courier Steam Print. House, 1876. url p. 88.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , p. 273.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 132.
- Flora of Derbyshire: flowering plants, higher cryptogams, mosses and hepatics, Characeae. London, Bemrose & Sons Ltd., 1903. url p. 62.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 49.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 71.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 493.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 486.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, by L. L. Dame and F. S. Collins. Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url p. 7.
- Flora of Mount Desert Island, Maine: a preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands / by Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield; with a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert Island. Cambridge, Mass.: J. Wilson, 1894. url p. 79.
- Flora of Mount Desert island, Maine. A preliminary catalogue of the plants growing on Mount Desert and the adjacent islands. By Edward L. Rand and John H. Redfield. With a geological introduction by William Morris Davis, and a new map of Mount Desert island. Cambridge, Mass., J. Wilson and son, 1894. url p. 79.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 71.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 104, p. 20.
- Flora of Onondaga county as collected by the members of the Syracuse Botanical Club. Compiled, classified and catalogued by L. Leonora Hutchinson Goodrich. Syracuse, N.Y., McDonnell, 1912. url p. 102.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 404.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 10.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 205.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 45.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 207.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont / George G. Kennedy. Boston: [s.n.], 1904. url p. 118.
- Flora of Willoughby, Vermont. [By] George G. Kennedy. Boston, 1904. url p. 118.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 8.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited (for the Bristol Naturalists' Society) by James Walter White. .. Bristol, J. Fawn & Son [etc.]1881- url p. 15.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 168.
- Flora of the Indiana dunes, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the lake Michigan Coast of Indiana and of the Calumet District, by Donald Culross Peattie. Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 200.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 360.
- Flora of the Yellowstone National Park / by Frank Tweedy. Washington, D.C.: Published by the author, 1886. url p. 28, p. 28.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 475, p. 475.
- Flora of the southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arr. according to the natural system. New YorkAmerican Book Co. url p. 27.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 303.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 178, p. 225, p. 559.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url , .
- Flowers of the field, by the late Rev. C. A. Johns. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url p. 37.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url .
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , p. 539.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Gardening for profit, a guide to the successful cultivation of the market and family garden. New York, O. Judd, 1887. url p. 194.
- Gardening for profit; New York, O. Judd co., 1887. url p. 194.
- Gardening for profit; New York, Orange Judd company, 1891. url p. 194.
- Gardening for the South; Richmond, Va., B. F. Johnson publishing company, 1901. url p. 329.
- Gardening for the South; or, How to grow vegetables and fruits. By the late William N. White. Richmond, Va.B. F. Johnson, 1901. url p. 329.
- General index to reports of the State Entomologist of Connecticut, 1901-1925 / New Haven: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1926. url p. 677.
- Grand Rapids flora: a catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Grand Rapids, Mich., A. Van Dort, 1901. url p. 76.
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 64.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 432.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 432, p. 432.
- Gray's new manual of botany: a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada / Asa Gray; rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New York: American Book Company, c1908. url p. 432.
- Gray's school and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany": bound in one volume. New York: American Book Co., c1895. url p. 64.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 254.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 74.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 74.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 179.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 81.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of hardy herbaceous and alpine flowers. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1871. url p. 44.
- Handbook of plants. New York: P. Henderson, 1881. url p. 253.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 26.
- Handbook to Bath; prepared on the occasion of the visit of the British Association, 1888. Bath, I. Pitman and Sons, 1888. url .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, by Helen R. Albee; illustrated from photographs. New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url , .
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 472, p. 521.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url , p. 495.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants. By Peter Henderson. New York: P. Henderson & Co., 1881. url p. 253.
- Home, yard, & garden pest guide. Urbana, Ill.: University of Illinois Extension, c2001. url p. 145.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 181.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url p. 142, p. 333.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 174, p. 176.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Index of British plants according to the London catalogue... London: G. Bell, 1889. url p. 89, p. 93.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 97.
- Journal of mycology. Manhattan, Kan.: [s.n.], 1885-1908. url p. 70.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 72.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 125.
- Kalm's account of his visit to England: on his way to America in 1748 / London; Macmillan, 1892. url .
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 175, p. 188.
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 2, p. 82.
- Leaf-mining insects / by James G. Needham, Stuart W. Frost, Beatrice H. Tothill. Baltimore: The Williams & Wilkins company, [c1928] url p. 304.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 168.
- List of plants collected by Mr. J. B. Tyrrell in the Klondike region in 1899 John Macoun. Ottawa?: s.n., 1899? url .
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , p. 102, p. 110, p. 116, p. 119, p. 146, p. 82.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url .
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 2 1890 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 36, p. 43.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url , p. 82.
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 128, p. 143, p. 204, p. 77.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 149, p. 45.
- Molecular & general genetics: MGG. Berlin; Springer-Verlag, 1908-2001 url p. 271.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 11, p. 17, p. 8.
- My garden in spring, by E. A. Bowles. New York: Dodge Pub. Co.,  url p. 193.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url p. 113, p. 428.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 72.
- Nature's garden: With many color illustrations. Garden City, N. Y., : Garden City Pub. Co., [c1900] url .
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors... / text by Neltje Blanchan. New York: Grosset & Dunlap, c1900. url p. 302.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. Garden City, N.Y., Doubleday, 1920. url .
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 51, p. 61.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) by John M. Coulter, rev. by Aven Nelson. Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1909] url p. 215.
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 432.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 8 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 226.
- Nomenclature of plants; a text for the application by the case method of the International code of botanical nomenclature. New York, Ronald Press Co. url p. 114.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 105, p. 107, p. 2, p. 217, p. 315, p. 334, p. 336, p. 337, p. 354, p. 355, p. 378, p. 391, p. 392, p. 407, p. 80, p. 83, p. 85, p. 91.
- Notes on the Cruciferae of the Cayuga flora. [Ithaca, N. Y.]Cornell Univ., Dept. of Botany, 1912. url .
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 608.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 56.
- On the naturalised weeds and other plants in South Australia / by Richard Schomburgk. Adelaide: E. Spiller, Acting Govt. Printer, 1879. url p. 5.
- Our early wild flowers: a study of the herbaceous plants blooming in early spring in the northern states / by Harriet L. Keeler. Illustrated by Mary Keffer and Eloise P. Luquer. New York: Scribner, 1916. url , p. 109, p. 242, p. 247.
- Our garden flowers; a popular study of their native lands, their life histories, and their structural affiliations, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1910. url , .
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 88.
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url , , , .
- Photoperiodism and related phenomena in plants and animals; proceedings, edited by Robert B. Withrow, with the cooperation of Arthur C. Giese [and others]. Washington, 1959. url p. 879, p. 89.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 389, p. 766.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 292.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 14, p. 273, p. 31, p. 423, p. 69.
- Plant lore, legends, and lyrics. Embracing the myths, traditions, superstitions, and folk-lore of the plant kingdom. By Richard Folkard, jun. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, and Rivington, 1884. url p. 536.
- Plant names, scientific and popular, including in the case of each plant the correct botanical name in accordance with the reformed nomenclature, together with botanical and popular synonyms. .. Comp. from the most authentic sources by A. B. Lyons. Detroit, Nelson, Baker & Co., 1900. url p. 58.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 355.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 355.
- Poisonous plants of Canada / [Ottawa]: Agriculture Canada, 1990. url p. 24, p. 55, p. 83, p. 89, p. 91, p. 93.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 238.
- Practical botany, structural and systematic, the latter portion being an analytical key to the wild flowering plants, trees, shrubs, ordinary herbs, sedges and grasses of the northern and middle United States east of t New York, H. Holt and Company, 1876. url .
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits by George Lincoln Walton. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 51, p. 52.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1067.
- Proceedings - Dorset Natural History and Archaeological Society. Dorchester, Eng. url p. 41.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 88.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 1009, p. 999.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 287.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. 30 1928 Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 168, p. 466.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 131, p. 218, p. 219, p. 367, p. 367.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , , , , p. 217, p. 611.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 85.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 111, p. 111, p. 26, p. 56, p. 7, p. 8, p. 8, p. 84.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 8 1885 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 214, p. 627, p. 690.
- Productive plant husbandry; a text-book for high schools, including plant propagation, plant breeding, soils, field crops gardening, fruit growing, forestry, insects, plant diseases and farm management, by Kary Cadmus Davis... 312 illustrations. London, J.B. Lippincott company[c1917] url p. 264.
- Proposed estuarine sanctuary grant award to the state of New York for a Hudson River estuarine sanctuary. Albany, N.Y.: New York, Dept. of Environmental Conservation,  url p. 133.
- Psyche. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Entomological Club url p. 277.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 207.
- Rambles of a naturalist round Folkestone: with occasional papers on the fauna and flora of the district, to which are added lists of plants, lepidoptera, birds, and land and freshwater shells / by Henry Ullyett. Folkestone: J. English, 1880. url p. 129.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 122, p. 167.
- Report of the Missouri State Horticultural Society for the year. .. Jefferson City: The Society, url p. 10.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , , p. 101, p. 11, p. 17, p. 8.
- Report of the State Entomologist to the Regents of the University of the State of New York. .. [Albany: University of the State of New York], 1884- url p. 34, p. 54.
- Report on an exploration in the Yukon district, N.W.T., and adjacent northern portion of British Columbia, 1887 by George M. Dawson. Montreal: Dawson, 1888. url .
- Report upon United States Geographical surveys west of the one hundredth meridian, Washington, Govt. print. off., 1875-89. url .
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 367.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 259.
- Revision of the genus Phyllotreta chevrolat of America north of Mexico. Eric H. Smith. 28 1985 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1985- url p. 47, p. 50.
- Rocky Mountain wild flower studies; an account of the ways of some plants that live in the Rocky Mountain region, by Burton O. Longyear. .. with illustrations from nature by the author. Denver, Merchants Publishing Co., c1909 url p. 23.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url explanation of plate 6.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 84.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 611, p. 616, p. 623, p. 624, p. 631, p. 72.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 564.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 475.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 90.
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url .
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: Open Court, 1906, [c1904] url p. 828.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 531.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 82.
- Subtropical vegetable-gardening, New York, The Macmillan company, 1916. url p. 123.
- Success in market gardening; a new vegetable growers' manual, New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1910. url p. 150, p. 150.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 41.
- Synoptical flora of North America. New York, American Book Company, 1878-1895/97 [v.2, pt. 1, 1878] url p. 149, p. 149.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 14, p. 418.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 39.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 39, p. 412.
- The American monthly microscopical journal. New York: Romyn Hitchcock, 1880-1902. url p. 274, p. 274.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 108, p. 112, p. 116, p. 125, p. 125, p. 166, p. 219, p. 228, p. 230, p. 237, p. 237, p. 238, p. 239, p. 250, p. 250, p. 45, p. 47, p. 48.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 442.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 108, p. 14, p. 161, p. 162, p. 172, p. 184, p. 184, p. 245, p. 334, p. 426, p. 459, p. 489, p. 614, p. 624, p. 631, p. 67, p. 76, p. 84, p. 87, p. 88.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url , .
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 75.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , p. 10, p. 12, p. 25, p. 273, p. 276, p. 313, p. 351, p. 376, p. 383, p. 404, p. 503, p. 526, p. 566, p. 634, p. 78, p. 81.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 143, p. 16, p. 188, p. 200, p. 23, p. 245, p. 245, p. 316, p. 336, p. 384, p. 404, p. 416, p. 460, p. 522, p. 654, p. 706, p. 722, p. 786, p. 790, p. 80, p. 811, p. 820.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 121.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 13, p. 409, p. 631.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 157.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url .
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 510.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 266.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 440, p. 52, p. 526, p. 69.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 136.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 52.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 259.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 259.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 105, p. 156, p. 277, p. 28, p. 29, p. 339, p. 52, p. 69, p. 92, p. 92.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 297.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 162, p. 211, p. 211, p. 218, p. 218, p. 37, p. 37.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 365, p. 95.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 136, p. 344, p. 362, p. 383, p. 385, p. 388, p. 391, p. 431.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 463, p. 564, p. 702.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 328, p. 459.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 167, p. 281, p. 282, p. 319, p. 359, p. 58, p. 74, p. 79.
- The Swedish nation in word and picture, together with short summaries of the contributions mades [!] by Swedes within the fields of anthropology, race-biology, genetics and eugenics; a jubilee book given out, with the cooperation of experts commissioned by the Swedish society for race-hygiene, Stockholm, Sweden, Printed by Hasse W. Tullberg co., ltd., 1921. url p. 128.
- The Tasmanian flora. Hobart, Tasmania, J. Vail, Govt. Printer, 1903. url .
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 48 1969 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 559, p. 968.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 144.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 41.
- The anthropology of Iraq. The Upper Euphrates / by Henry Field, Curator of Physical Anthropology. Chicago:Field Museum, 1940 url p. 169, p. 195.
- The book of British butterflies. London, L.U. Gill, 1893. url p. 58.
- The book of British butterflies: a practical manual for collectors and naturalists / by W.J. Lucas; with illustrations by the author London: L. Upcott Gill, 1893 url p. 58.
- The book of herbs / London; J. Lane, 1903. url .
- The book of herbs / by Lady Rosalind Northcote. London; John Lane: The Bodley Head, MCMIII . url p. 21.
- The book of vegetables and garden herbs; a practical handbook and planting table for the vegetable gardener, by Allen French. London: The Macmillan company, 1907. url p. 305.
- The butterflies of the eastern United States and Canada: with special reference to New England / By Samuel Hubbard Scudder. Cambridge: The author, 1889. url p. 1199, p. 1210, p. 1935.
- The century supplement to the dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / by Geo. Nicholson. .. [et al.]. Hyde Park, Mass.: Geo. T. King; 1901. url p. 122.
- The constitution and by-laws of the Ann Arbor Scientific Association with the proceedings for the year ending May 1, 1876.. ... Ann Arbor, Courier Steam Printing House, 1876. url p. 88.
- The encyclopedia of gardening. A dictionary of cultivated plants, etc., giving in alphabetical sequence the culture and propagation of hardy and half-hardy plants, trees and shrubs, orchids, ferns, fruit, vegetables, hothouse and g London, W. H. & L. Collingridge url .
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , , p. 31, p. 43.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 657.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 4.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 107, p. 178, p. 43, p. 56.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The flora of Canada collected by A.M. Ross. Toronto: Rowsell & Hutchison, 1875. url p. 5.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 210, p. 211, p. 213, p. 214, p. 215, p. 216.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 210, p. 211, p. 213, p. 214, p. 215, p. 216.
- The flora of Essex County, Massachusetts. Salem, Essex Institute, 1880. url .
- The flora of Harrow: by J. Cosmo Melvill. Harrow, Green and Co.;1876. url p. 7.
- The flora of North Carolina from Ranunculaceae to Salviniaceae / C.W. Hyams. Raleigh, N.C.: The North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1899. url p. 295.
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 204.
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 17.
- The flora of the Alps: being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. New York: Truslove & Comba, 1898. url p. 17.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, by Alfred W. Bennett. .. London, Nimmo, 1900. url p. 17.
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 6.
- The garden... London, 1872- url , p. 273.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 396.
- The grass and clover seed trade in Vermont in 1907-1909 / [by George T. Harrington] Burlington: Vermont Agricultural Experiment Station, 1909. url p. 236.
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 324, p. 324.
- The history of Glanville's Wootton, in the County of dorset, including its zoology and botany / by C.W. Dale. London, Hatchards, 1878. url p. 343.
- The horticulturist: or, the culture and management of the kitchen, fruit, & forcing garden / by J.C. Loudon; edited and revised by William Robinson. London: F. Warne,  url p. 671.
- The lepidopterist's calendar. Gloucester, H. Marsden, 1875. url p. 206.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 507.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url p. 259, p. 261, p. 270, p. 272.
- The names of herbes, A.D. 1548. Edited, with an introd., an index of English names, and an indentification of the plants enumerated by Turner, LondonPublished for the English Dialect Society by N. Trübner1881 url p. 126.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 7.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , .
- The naturalist's diary: a day-book of meteorology, phenology and rural biology. With a chart showing the blossoming of spring flowers in Europe, and an introduction of natural periodic phenomena, etc. 188-. London, Sonnenschein, Le Bas and Lowrey[pref. 1886] url .
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 44.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 162.
- The plants of the eastern coast of Lake Huron and their distribution through the northern and western portions of British North America / by John Gibson and John Macoun. S.l.: s.n., 1876? url .
- The preservation and management of vegetation in ravines in Highland Park, Illinois: a report / prepared by Kenneth R. Robertson and E. B. Himelick of the Illinois Natural History Survey, Urbana, Illinois. Urbana: The Survey, 1977. url p. 19.
- The principles of plant-teratology. London, The Ray Society, 1915-1916. url .
- The principles of vegetable-gardening / by L. H. Bailey. London, The Macmillan Company, 1912. url p. 451.
- The romance of plant life, interesting descriptions of the strange and curious in the plant world, by G. F. Scott Elliot. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott, 1907. url p. 77.
- The rusts of Australia their structure, nature and classification / by D. McAlpine. Melbourne: Robt. S. Brain, government printer1906. url p. 185.
- The rusts of Australia, their structure, nature, and classification. Melbourne, Brain, 1906. url p. 185.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1140, p. 1411, p. 454.
- The students' flora of New Zealand and the outlying islands. Wellington, N. Z., John Mackay, govt. printer url .
- The taxonomy of the Myzini (Homoptera: Aphididae) of the Eastern United States / 1971. url p. 63.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , p. 103, p. 129, p. 205, p. 227, p. 260.
- The vegetable garden; illustrations, descriptions, and culture of the garden vegetables of cold and temperate climates, by MM. Vilmorin-Andrieux, of Paris. English ed. pub. under the direction of W. Robinson. With an addendum by W. P. Thomson. New York, E.P. Dutton and company, 1920. url p. 262.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url .
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 170, p. 447, p. 542, p. 544, p. 717, p. 733, p. 740, p. 787, p. 875.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , , , , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 170, p. 447, p. 542, p. 717, p. 787, p. 875.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 123, p. 133, p. 172, p. 222, p. 66, p. 71.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1912-1937. url p. 25.
- Transactions of Vassar Brothers Institute, and its Scientific Section. Poughkeepsie, N.Y.: Vassar Brothers Institute, [1883-1896]. url p. 180.
- Transactions of the Canadian Institute. Toronto: Canadian Institute. url p. 39.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 135, p. 319, p. 320.
- Transactions of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex: The Club, 1880-1886. url p. 121.
- Transactions of the Hertfordshire Natural History Society and Field Club. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1879- url .
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 177, p. 179.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 145, p. 173, p. 231, p. 29, p. 42, p. 81, p. 9, p. 92.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1896 London. url p. 132, p. 133.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 61.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia. Adelaide, Australia: The Society, 1890-1903. url p. 31.
- Transactions of the Sapporo Natural History Society. Sapporo, Japan, Sapporo Natural History Society, Hokkaido Imperial University. url p. 147, p. 167.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 22 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url , fig. 1, page 19.
- Useful wild plants of the United States and Canada, by Charles Francis Saunders. Illustrated with photographs by the author and with drawings by Lucy Hamilton Aring. New York, R. M. McBride & company, 1934. url , p. 124, p. 125, p. 260.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 10, p. 30.
- Vegeculture. How to grow vegetables, salads, and herbs in town and country, by Harry A. Day, F. R. H. S. London, Methuen & co., ltd. url p. 123.
- Vegetable gardening / New York: Orange Judd, 1916, c1912. url , .
- Vegetable gardening, by Ralph L. Watts. New York, Orange Judd company, 1912. url p. 198, p. 198, p. 330.
- Watson, S. Botany /by Sereno Watson, aided by Daniel C. Eaton, and others. 5 1871 Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1871. url p. 16, p. 505, p.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 251, p. 299.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L.H. Pammel. .. New York, Orange Judd, 1912. url .
- Who's who among the wild flowers / compiled and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft; with an introd. by Frances Duncan. New York: Moffat, Yard, 1910. url p. 150, p. 346.
- Who's who among the wild flowers; comp. and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft, with an introduction by Frances Duncan. New York, Moffat, Yard and company, 1910. url p. 150, p. 346.
- Wild flowers every child should know: arranged according to color with reliable descriptions of the more common species of the United States and Canada / by Frederic William Stack. New York: Doubleday, Page and Company, 1909. url p. 132, p. 396.
- Wild flowers of the north-eastern states: being three hundred and eight individuals common to the north-eastern United States, New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1904. url , .
- Zoe:a biological journal. 4 1893 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 202, p. 26, p. 26, p. 271, p. 290, p. 339, p. 398.
- [Report of a voyage made to the Canadian Labrador coast; Catalogue of plants and birds of the north shore] [D. N. Saint-Cyr]. Québec?: s.n., 1887? url .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 02, 2008:
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University and Jepson Herbaria DiGIR provider
- Canadian Museum of Nature, Canadian Museum of Nature Herbarium
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Aranzadi Zientzi Elkartea
- GBIF-Spain, CIBIO, Alicante:ABH-GBIF
- GBIF-Spain, Dirección General de Investigación, Desarrollo Tecnológico e Innovación de la Junta de Extremadura(DGIDTI): HSS
- GBIF-Spain, Herbario Universidad de Málaga: MGC-Cormófitos
- GBIF-Spain, Institut Botanic de Barcelona, BC-Histórico
- GBIF-Spain, Jardi Botanic de Valencia: VAL
- GBIF-Spain, Jardín Botánico de Córdoba: Herbarium COA
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Univ. Herbarium SALAMANCA: SALA
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Extremadura, UNEX
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad del País Vasco/EHU, Bilbao: Herbario BIO
- GBIF-Spain, Universitat de Girona: HGI-Cormophyta
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Institute of Genetics, ROIS, Herbarium Specimens of Museum of Nature and Human Activities, Hyogo Pref., Japan
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- The New York Botanical Garden, Bronx River Bioblitz
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Colorado Museum, Zoological specimens
- Utah State University, USU-UTC Specimen Database
- Utah Valley State College
- , Utah Valley State College Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2648452
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Mus-533
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13821550
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:278915-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 6491
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 22741
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 29455-2
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDBRA0A040
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: CAST13
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 24855
- "Barbarea vulgaris". in Flora of China Vol. 8 Page 111. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 161.810 meters (530.873 feet), Standard Deviation = 227.910 based on 15,038 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]