, or vines
, from rhizomes, usually with fusiform
tubers, often with fernlike appearance
. Stems photosynthetic, erect
, branched; cladophylls
solitary or fasciculate, in nodes of reduced, scarious
leaves. Leaves small, scale-like, membranous, or sometimes spiny
with hardened base
cladophylls. Inflorescences axillary
, racemose, or umbellate
or solitary; racemes
short. Flowers bisexual
; perianth greenish, white, or yellowish, campanulate
to rotate; tepals 6, distinct
or shortly connate
basally, equal; stamens 6, distinct, equal; anthers
versatile, 2-locular, dehiscence introrse
; ovary superior, 3-locular, septal nectaries present; style 3-branched distally; pedicel with conspicuous
. Fruits baccate
, red or purplish black, globose
, often with tepals persisting at base. Seeds 1-6, black, globose to angular. x
Species 170-300: introduced ; Europe, Asia, Africa; some widely introduced, expected elsewhere.
Asparagus is a moderately important horticultural genus, with one species commonly grown for its edible young shoots and a number of others grown ornamentally. The genus is treated here in a broad sense (K . Kubitzki and P. J. Rudall 1998; W. S. Judd 2001) and encompasses species that have been segregated in several genera (A. L. Takhtajan 1997; S. T. Malcomber and Sebsebe D. 1993). Embryological features (P. J. Rudall et al. 1998) and DNA-based analyses (M. W. Chase et al. 1996; M. F. Fay et al. 2000; P. J. Rudall et al. 1997) support the monophyly of Asparagus and the Asparagaceae.
Flowers: Flower Color: near white, white
Size: 4-6' tall.
Culture: Space 15-18" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 6.1 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Bromhead, 1838
- Suborder: Asparagineae () -
- Order: Asparagales () - Bromhead, 1838
- Superorder: Lilianae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Liliidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Publishing author : L. Publication : Species Plantarum 1753 (1 May 1753)
Members of the genus Asparagus
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 52 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
A. acerosus (Wild Asparagus) · A. acutifolius (Lesser Asparagus) · A. africanus (African Asparagus) · A. aphyllus (Israel Wild Asparagus) · A. asparagoides (African Asparagus Fern) · A. declinatus (Bridal Veil) · A. densiflorus (Asparagus Fern) · A. densiflorus 'Meyersii' (Meyersii Foxtail Fern Asparagus Densiflorus) · A. densiflorus 'Myersii' (Myer's Foxtail Fern) · A. densiflorus 'Sprengeri Compacta' (Compact Sprenger Asparagus Fern) · A. denudatus (Asparagus Fern) · A. draco (Canary Island Dragon Tree) · A. falcatus (Asparagus Fern) · A. filicinus (Fern Asparagus) · A. graminifolius (Lilyturf) · A. macowanii (Ming Fern) · A. officinalis officinalis (Asparagus) · A. officinalis prostratus (Wild Asparagus) · A. officinalis 'Ariane' (Asparagus 'ariane') · A. officinalis 'Bejo 2241' (Asparagus 'bejo 2241') · A. officinalis 'Bejo 2245' (Asparagus 'bejo 2245') · A. officinalis 'Millenium' (Asparagus) · A. officinalis 'Raffaelo' (Asparagus 'raffaelo') · A. officinalis 'Ramires' (Asparagus 'ramires') · A. pyramidalis (Asparagus Fern) · A. racemosus (Indian Asparagus) · A. scandens (Climbing Asparagus) · A. setaceus (Asparagus Fern) · A. tenuifolius (Narrow-Leaved Asparagus) · A. terminalis (Chinese Colli) · A. verticillatus (Climbing Asparagus) · A. virgatus (Broom Fern) · A. 'Apollo' (Hybrid Asparagus) · A. 'Atlas' (Asparagus) · A. 'Connover's Colossal' (Asparagus) · A. 'Dariana' (Asparagus) · A. 'French Market' (Asparagus) · A. 'Golia' (Asparagus) · A. 'Grande' (Hybrid Asparagus) · A. 'Ida Lea' (Asparagus) · A. 'Jersey Gem' (Hybrid Asparagus) · A. 'Jersey Giant' (Hybrid Asparagus) · A. 'Jersey King' (Hybrid Asparagus) · A. 'Jersey Knight' (Hybrid Asparagus) · A. 'Jersey Supreme' (Hybrid Asparagus) · A. 'Marte' (Asparagus) · A. 'Martha Washington' (Hybrid Asparagus) · A. 'Mary Washington' (Mary Washington Hybrid Asparagus Asparagus) · A. 'Precoce D'argenteuil' (Asparagus) · A. 'Purple Passion' (Asparagus) · A. 'Theilim' (Asparagus) · A. 'Uc 157' (Hybrid Asparagus)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 321, p. 85.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 313.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Worcester County, Massachusetts. Worcester: Worcester Natural History Society, 1909. url p. 32.
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url , , .
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 60.
- A first report on the relations between climates and crops. By Cleveland Abbe. Washington [D.C.]: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 193.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 315, p. 315.
- A flora of western middle California, Berkeley, Cal., Encina Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- A glossary of botanic terms with their derivation and accent. By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. London, Duckworth; url p. 36.
- A glossary of botanic terms, with their derivation and accent. London, Duckworth;1900. url p. 25.
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 31.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 316.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 236.
- A key to the spring flora of Manhattan. Manhattan, Kans., Mercury Pub. House, 1894. url p. 11.
- A list of plants growing without cultivation in Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden Counties, Massachusetts, Amherst, Mass., Carpenter & Morehouse, 1913. url .
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 248, p. 27.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 375.
- A monograph of the British Uredineae and Ustilagineae, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. London, Paul, Trench & Co., 1889. url , .
- A monograph of the British Uredineæ and Ustilagineæ, with an account of their biology including the methods of observing the germination of their spores and of their experimental culture. By Charles B. Plowright. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1889. url p. 144, p. 325.
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts. [Cohasset]Committee on Town History, 1898-1956. url p. 549.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 214, p. 35.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 214, p. 35.
- A practical flora for schools and colleges, by Oliver R. Willis. New York, American Book Co.[c1894] url p. 275, p. 339.
- A preliminary catalogue of the flora of Vancouver and Queen Charlotte Islands. Victoria, B.C., Printed by W. H. Cullin, 1921. url p. 27.
- A preliminary list of Maine fungi, by Percy LeRoy Ricker. .. Orono, Me., 1902. url p. 35, p. 52.
- A preliminary list of the Uredinales of California, by Walter C. Blasdale. Berkeley: University of California press, 1919. url p. 124, p. 154.
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 108.
- A preliminary report on the biology of Harding County, northwestern South Dakota / by Stephen S. Visher. Pierre, S.D.: State Publishing Co., 1914. url p. 39.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 136.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 907, p. 924.
- A student's text-book of botany / by Sydney H. Vines. London: Macmillan, 1895. url p. 558.
- A study of some characteristics of vegetable oils, by James B. McNair. 9 1930 Chicago, 1930. url p. 60.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url , , , .
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 58.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url page 175- 3.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url .
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 29.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 206.
- An essay toward a natural history of La Salle County, Illinois, in two parts / J. W. Huett. Ottawa, Illinois: Fair-dealer print, 1898. url p. 123.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 100, p. 142.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 452, p. 538.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 514.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 135.
- An introduction to the embryology of angiosperms. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1950. url p. 356.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 108.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 222.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 93.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 166, p. 79.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 19 1908 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 200, p. 203, p. 242.
- Annual report of the Agricultural Experiment Station / Cornell University, College of Agriculture. Ithaca, N.Y.: The University, 1889-1899. url p. 77.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Albany: State of New York, Dept. of Agriculture, 1894-1911. url p. 115.
- Annual report of the Director of Forestry. Manila [etc.] url p. 47.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 348.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 255, p. 255, p. 355, p. 355, p. 53, p. 63.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 142.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url , .
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 27.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 485.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 485, p. 485.
- Applied economic botany based upon actual agricultural and gardening projects / by Melville Thurston Cook; 142 illustrations. Philadelphia and London: Lippincott, 1919. url p. 228.
- Applied economic botany, based upon actual agricultural and gardening projects. Philadelphia, Lippincott url p. 228.
- Asparagus, its culture for home use and for market; a practical treatise on the planting, cultivation, harvesting, marketing, and preserving of asparagus, with notes on its history and botany. New York, Orange Judd, 1918. url p. 13.
- Asparagus: its culture for home use and for market: a practical treatise on the planting, cultivation, harvesting, marketing, and preserving of asparagus, with notes on its history and botany / by F.M. Hexamer. New York: Orange Judd, 1901. url p. 13, p. 13.
- Augustana Library publications. Rock Island, Ill.: Augustana College and Theological Seminary, 1898-1981. url p. 128.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 1 - 10 1908 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 14, p. 16, p. 25, p. 29, p. 33, p. 4, p. 7, p. 73.
- Beekeeping; a discussion of the life of the honeybee and of the production of honey, by Everett Franklin Phillips. London, Macmillan & Co., 1918. url p. 374.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 39.
- Bergen's botany: key and flora: Northern and Central States ed. / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 38.
- Biological effects of radiation; mechanism and measurement of radiation, applications in biology, photochemical reactions, effects of radiant energy on organisms and organic products. Edited by Benjamin M. Duggar. With the cooperation of Janet Howell Clark, Kenneth S. Cole, Farrington Daniels [and others] New York andMcGraw-Hill Book Co., 1936. url p. 815.
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 341.
- Botanical guide through the Phipps conservatories in Pittsburg and Allegheny. Pittsburg, Pa.[Printed by Foster, Dick & co., 1894] url p. 64.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url p. 206.
- Botanical survey of Nebraska. Conducted by the Botanical Seminar. I-VII. Lincoln, Neb., 1892-1904. url .
- Botany for secondary schools; a guide to the knowledge of the vegetation of the neighborhood, by L. H. Bailey. New York, Macmillan, 1920. url p. 333.
- Botany, an elementary text for schools. New YorkMacmillan1900 url p. 294.
- Botany, developmental and descriptive. Philadelphia, Lea, 1922. url p. 137.
- Botany: an elementary text for schools / by L. H. Bailey. New York: Macmillan, 1901, c1900. url p. 294.
- Breeding crop plants, New York [etc.]McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 253.
- Breeding crop plants, by Herbert Kendall Hayes and Ralph John Garber. New York [etc.]: McGraw-Hill book company, inc., 1921. url p. 253.
- British flowering plants. By W. F. Kirby. With 120 coloured plates, showing the most important characters of each plant figured; and 119 illustrations in the text. London, Sidney Appleton, 1906. url p. 144, p. 186, p. 186.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1920 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 376, p. 840, p. 861.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 18 1929 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 11, p. 14, p. 18.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 258.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 166, p. 79.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 427, p. 506.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 158, p. 313.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 12, p. 15, p. 176, p. 177, p. 318, p. 34, p. 8.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 186.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1902 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 4, p. 4, p. 4, p. 77.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 390.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 111, p. 139, p. 207, p. 213, p. 277, p. 345.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 13.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url , p. 48, p. 65.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 57.
- Carotenoids, by Paul Karrer and Ernst Jucker. Translated and rev. by Ernest A. Braude. New York, Elsevier Pub. Co., 1950. url p. 186, p. 364, p. 74.
- Carotenoids, their comparative biochemistry. New York, Chemical Pub. Co., 1954. url p. 328, p. 36.
- Cassell's dictionary of practical gardening; an illustrated encyclopædia of practical horticulture for all classes; ed. by Walter P. Wright. London, Cassell and company, limited, 1902. url p. 82.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 158.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 341, p. 377.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 341.
- Catalogue of the African plants London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url .
- Catalogue of the Hemiptera (Heteroptera) with biological and anatomical references, lists of foodplants and parasites, etc. prefaced by a discussion on nomenclature, and an analytical table of families, by G. W. Kirkaldy. Berlin, F. L. Dames, 1909- url p. 379, p. 380.
- Catalogue of the exhibit of economic entomology at the World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago Ill., 1893, Washington, D.C., U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Division of Entomology, 1893. url p. 67.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 122.
- Catalogue of the phanerogams and ferns of Licking County, Ohio. Granville, Ohio, Press of Granville Times, 1892. url .
- Catalogue of the science collections for teaching and research in the South Kensington Museum. .. London, Printed for H.M. Stationery Off. by Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1891- url p. 102, p. 105.
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 27.
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url p. 75.
- Contribution [I]-III to the coastal and plain flora of Yucatan, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1895 Chicago, 1895-1898. url p. vi.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 510.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 52 2005 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 128, p. 139, p. 202, p. 399, p. 405, p. 416, p. 47, p. 498, p. 521, p. 828.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 15.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url , , , , .
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 104.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 125, p. 229, p. 414, p. 523, p. 534, p. 55.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 36.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 7.
- Diseases of truck crops and their control / New York: E.P. Dutton & Co., [c1918] url .
- Domesticated animals and plants: a brief treatise upon the origin and development of domesticated races, with special reference to the methods of improvement / Boston; Ginn and Company, [c1910] url .
- Domesticated animals and plants; a brief treatise upon the origin and development of domesticated races, with special reference to the methods of improvement, by E. Davenport. Boston, Ginn and company[c1910] url p. 291, p. 291, p. 291.
- Economic value of the starling in the United States. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1921. url p. 65.
- Elements of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1904, pref. 1906] url .
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 293, p. 354, p. 365.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 13, p. 33, p. 35, p. 4, p. 4, p. 40, p. 64, p. 78, p. 98.
- Essentials of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1908] url , .
- Evolution by atrophy in biology and sociology / by Jean Demoor, Jean Massart, Emile Vandervelde; translated by Mrs. Chalmers Mitchell. London: K. Paul, 1899. url p. 148, p. 296.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 146, p. 725, p. 809.
- Farmers' bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1889- url p. 6.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 572.
- Field, forest and garden botany: a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book, c1895. url p. 438.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 438.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 163.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 73.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 73.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 169.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 84.
- Flora of Emmet County, Iowa: a list of the native and introduced plants. n.p., 1904-05 url p. 215.
- Flora of Guatemala / Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1952 Chicago: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1952. url p. 68, p. 69.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 178.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 283.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 316.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 300.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 76.
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 76.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 84.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity, by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal., Stanford University Press, 1911. url p. 92.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, by L. L. Dame and F. S. Collins. Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url p. 108.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 21.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 28, p. 99.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 139.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 139.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1936 Chicago, U.S.A.: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 618.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 114.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 184.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 101, p. 110, p. 145, p. 198, p. 237, p. 90, p. 95.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url , .
- Flora of Yucatan, by Paul C. Standley. 3 1930 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 227.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 80.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 81.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 123.
- Flora of the Hawaiian islands: a description of their phanerogams and vascular cryptogams /by William Hillebrand; annotated and published after the author's death by W.F. Hillebrand. 1888 London: New York: Williams & Norgate; B. Westermann, 1888. url p. 653.
- Flora of the Patuxent Research Refuge, Maryland / Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Biological Survey,  url p. 17.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 1114.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url , p. 336.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 100.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 269.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 202.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 236.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 138.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 38, p. 38.
- French market-gardening: including practical details of "intensive cultivation" for English growers. London: J. Murray, 1909. url p. 68.
- Fungous diseases of plants, Boston, Ginn and company[c1909] url p. 391.
- Fungous diseases of plants, with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique, by Benjamin Minge Duggar. Boston, Ginn and company, [c1909] url p. 391.
- Fungous diseases of plants: with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique / Boston; Ginn, [c1909] url .
- Fungous diseases of plants; with chapters on physiology, culture methods and techniques. Boston, Ginn url p. 391.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 557.
- Garden farming, by Lee Cleveland Corbett. .. Boston, Ginn and company[c1913] url p. 114.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Gardening for profit; New York, Orange Judd company, 1891. url p. 118.
- Gardening for the South; Richmond, Va., B. F. Johnson publishing company, 1901. url p. 266, p. 668.
- Gardening for the South; or, How to grow vegetables and fruits. By the late William N. White. Richmond, Va.B. F. Johnson, 1901. url p. 266, p. 668.
- Gardening in Egypt: a handbook of gardening for Lower Egypt, by Walter Draper. .. London, L.U. Gill, 1895. url p. 102.
- Genesis and development of sand formations on marine coasts, Rock Island, Ill., Augustana Book Concern, Printers, 1910. url .
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 438.
- Gray's school and field book of botany. Consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume. New York, American book company, 1901?, c1887 url p. 438.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 804.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 111, p. 213, p. 277.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 141.
- Handbook of experiment station work. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1893. url p. 23.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 227, p. 464.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , , .
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalised in the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. London, L. Reeve, 1908. url p. 459.
- Handbook of the wild and cultivated flowering plants, by Chester Arthur Darling... Syracuse andThe Mason-Henry press,  url p. 83.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 35.
- Hill prairies of Illinois. Urbana, 1955. url p. 427.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 320.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 254.
- How to keep bees for profit, New York, The Macmillan company, 1918. url p. 308.
- How to know wild fruits; a guide to plants when not in flower by means of fruit and leaf; by Mary Elisabeth Herbert. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url , p. 10, p. 337.
- Illinois Natural History Survey bulletin. Champaign, Ill.: The Survey, 1987- url p. 292.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 155, p. 176.
- Illinois biological monographs. Urbana, Univ. of Illinois Press. url p. 16.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 227, p. 367, p. 784.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1061.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1914] url .
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 39.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 26, p. 62.
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 90.
- Irish gardening. Dublin: Pub. Office, 1906-1922 url p. 60.
- Iroquois uses of maize and other food plants, by Arthur C. Parker. Albany, University of the state of New York, 1910. url p. 93.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 148.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 763.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 471, p. 472, p. 473.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 132, p. 86.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 39.
- Key and flora: northern and central states / Boston: Ginn, 1908. url .
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 458.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 265, p. 458.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 458.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 498, p. 501.
- Lilies and orchids; a series of drawings in color of some of the more interesting and beautiful species of these families, together with descriptive text, by Rosina C. Boardman. 1906 New York, R. G. Cooke, incorporated, 1906. url p. 9, explanation of plate IX.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 113.
- List of herbaceous perennials tested in the arboretum and botanic garden: central experimental farm, Ottawa, Canada, with descriptions of flowers, and other notes by W. T. Macoun. Ottawa: Government Printing Bureau, 1908. url p. 17.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 117, p. 15, p. 24, p. 250, p. 28, p. 286, p. 287, p. 349, p. 350, p. 43, p. 447, p. 59, p. 76, p. 78.
- List of rare, threatened and endemic plants in Europe (1982 edition) Council of Europe url p. 27, p. 47.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , , , , , , , p. 108, p. 116, p. 120, p. 128, p. 131, p. 156, p. 157, p. 80.
- Manual of the Flora of Jackson County, Missouri, By Kenneth K. MacKenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., s.n., 1902 url p. 61.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1088, p. 1161.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi, and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / New York: American Book Company, c1889. url p. 525.
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri, by Kenneth K. Mackenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url .
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 270.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 296.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 520.
- Marcellia. New York [etc.]Pergamon Press [etc.] url p. 102.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 36.
- Memoirs and proceedings of the Manchester Literary & Philosophical Society. Manchester: The Society, 1888-1980. url p. 13.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 130.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 113.
- Memorials, journal and botanical correspondence of Charles Cardale Babington. Cambridge, [Eng.]: Macmillan and Bowes, 1897. url p. 456.
- Methods in plant histology, by Charles J. Chamberlain. Chicago, University of Chicago Press[1933, c1932] url p. 150.
- Methods used in breeding asparagus for rust resistance. By J.B. Norton. .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1913. url , p. 19, p. 20, p. 27, p. 31, p. 9.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 62.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 181, p. 32, p. 91.
- Miscellaneous publications / University of Michigan, Museum of Zoology. Ann Arbor, Mich.: The University, 1916- url p. 16.
- Morphological studies of the genus Cercospora, Urbana, Ill., 1930 url p. 16.
- Morphology and taxonomy of fungi. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1950. url p. 395, p. 748, p. 759.
- Morphology of angiosperms (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) by John Merle Coulter and Charles James [!] Chamberlain. New York, Appleton & Co., 1903. url p. 334.
- Morphology of angiosperms: (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) / by John Merle Coulter and Charles Joseph Chamberlain. New York: D. Appleton, 1909, c1903. url p. 334.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 110, p. 141, p. 376.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 93.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 13.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 84.
- New methods of plant breeding / by George W. Oliver. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Printing Off., 1910. url , p. 6.
- New or unusual plant injuries and diseases found in Connecticut, 1916-1919 / [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1920. url p. 414.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 5 1909 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 20.
- Notes on the distribution and bibliography of North American bees of the families, Apidae, Meliponidae, Bombidae, Euglossidae, and Anthophoridae, New York1920 url p. 537.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url .
- Notes on western range forbs: Equisetaceae through Fumariaceae / by William A. Dayton. Washington, D.C.: Forest Service, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1960. url p. 13, p. 23.
- Nutrition investigations on the carbohydrates of lichens, algae, and related substances, by Mary Davies Swartz. New Haven, Conn., Yale university press, 1911. url p. 290.
- Observations on the flora of Japan. Tokyo, 1901-1914. url p. 27, p. 28.
- Observations on the flowering plants, ferns and fern allies growing wild in Marquette County, Michigan, in 1916 and 1917, especially in the vicinity of the Huron Mountain Club. Ann Arbor, Michigan, Published by the University, 1918. url .
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1949 San Diego, The Society. url p. 32, p. 32.
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 185.
- Organography of plants, especially of the archegoniatae and spermaphyta, ed. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford, Clar. Press, 1900-5. url p. 270, p. 450, p. 659.
- Origin of cultivated plants. By Alphonse de Candolle. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902. url p. 439.
- Origin of cultivated plants. New York, Appleton, 1892. url .
- Our garden flowers; a popular study of their native lands, their life histories, and their structural affiliations, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1910. url , .
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 73.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 9.
- Part I. The living flora of West Virginia, by C. F. Millspaugh. Part II. The fossil flora of West Virginia, by David White. Wheeling, Wheeling news litho. co., 1913 url p. 105, p. 40, p. 79.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 184.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 121, p. 131, p. 160, p. 212, p. 281, p. 306, p. 387, p. 436, p. 473, p. 474, p. 495, p. 70.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 828.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 828.
- Plant physiology, with special reference to plant production. New York, MacMillan, 1920. url p. 57.
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 90, p. 91.
- Plants and their uses; an introduction to botany, New York, H. Holt and Company, 1913. url .
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 150, p. 150.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 116.
- Polskie pismo entomologiczne = Polish journal of entomology = Bulletin entomologique de Pologne Warszawa [etc.]Panstwowe Wydawn. Naukowe. url p. 92.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. 16.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. 9, p. ix.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits by George Lincoln Walton. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 51.
- Practical plant biochemistry, by Muriel Wheldale Onslow. .. Cambridge, University press, 1920. url p. 88.
- Practical plant biochemistry. CambridgeUniversity Press1923 url p. 150.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 124.
- Proceedings of a congress of horticulture held at Jamestown exposition September 23, 1907, conducted by the National Council of Horticulture at the request of R.H. Sexton. .. H.C. Irish, secretary. Jamestown, National Council of Horticulture, 1907. url p. 29.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 141, p. 625.
- Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. Honolulu: Hawaiian Entomological Society url p. 128, p. 128.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 127, p. 130, p. 146, p. 146, p. 160, p. 164, p. 178, p. 178, p. 181, p. 202, p. 202, p. 220, p. 220, p. 263, p. 31, p. 334, p. 380, p. 443, p. 443.
- Proceedings of the Manchester Institute of Arts and Sciences. Manchester, N.H.: The Institute, 1900-1911. url p. 76.
- Productive plant husbandry; a text-book for high schools, including plant propagation, plant breeding, soils, field crops gardening, fruit growing, forestry, insects, plant diseases and farm management, by Kary Cadmus Davis... 312 illustrations. London, J.B. Lippincott company[c1917] url p. 264.
- Productive vegetable growing / by John W. Lloyd. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Company, c1914. url p. 97.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 101, p. 110, p. 145, p. 198, p. 237, p. 90, p. 95.
- Radiation biology, edited by Alexander Hollaender with the cooperation of Austin M. Brues [and others]. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1954-56. url p. 483.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 154.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , p. 166, p. 79.
- Report of the botanist / G. P. Clinton. [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1903-1911. url p. 305, p. 313, p. 858.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 12.
- Rust infection of leaves in petri dishes / [New Haven]: Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station, 1924. url p. 497.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 42.
- Science progress. London: Scientific Press, [1894-1898] url p. 222.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray / selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, 1889. url p. 257.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray, selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin, 1889. url p. 257, p. 257.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 15.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 124, p. 129.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 60, p. 611, p. 613, p. 634.
- Sex and internal secretions. Contributors: A. Albert [and others] Foreword by George W. Corner. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1961. url p. 1522, p. 43, p. 73.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 63.
- Standard values in nutrition and metabolism, being the second fascicle of a handbook of biological data. Prepared under the direction of the Committee on the Handbok of Biological Data, American Institute of Biological Sciences, National Research Council. Philadelphia, Saunders url p. 368.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 22.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 46.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 179.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 186, p. 21, p. 6.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 8.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 308.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 227, p. 228, p. 274.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1920] url p. 227, p. 227, p. 228, p. 228, p. 274.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1487, p. 1992, p. 2000, p. 926.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 14.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 109, p. 136, p. 240.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 104, p. 168.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 2 1953 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. 248, p. xi.
- The Biochemical journal. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 45.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , .
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 111, p. 125, p. 15, p. 183, p. 263, p. 305, p. 426, p. 494, p. 51, p. 82, p. 86.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 70.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 992.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 113, p. 245, p. 303, p. 411, p. 742, p. 85, p. 9.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , , , , , , , p. 183, p. 35, p. 80.
- The Journal of the Board of Commissioners of Agriculture. San Juan: [Board of Commissioners of Agriculture, 1917]. url p. 253.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 37.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 129, p. 159, p. 166, p. 198.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 752.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 290.
- The New Forest; its history and its scenery. By John R. Wise. With 63 illustrations, drawn by Walter Crane, engraved by W.J. Linton, and two maps. London: Gibbings & co., 1895. url p. 290.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 121, p. 187, p. 19, p. 205, p. 39, p. 57.
- The Philippine journal of science. 16 1920 Manila. url p. 376, p. 652, p. 67.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 129, p. 163, p. 166, p. 326.
- The Profitable culture of vegetables for market gardeners, small holders, and others. London, etc., Longmans, Green, 1913. url p. 145.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 39 1958 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 150, p. 170, p. 170, p. 170, p. 232, p. 232, p. 257, p. 257, p. 272, p. 272, p. 361, p. 553.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 115, p. 242, p. 94.
- The Victoria history of the county of Kent; ed. by William Page. London, Constable, 1908- url p. 65.
- The bionomics of blister beetles of the genus Meloe and a classification of the New World species Urbana, University of Illinois Press url p. 214.
- The book of asparagus, with sections also on celery, salsify, scorzonera and seakale, by Charles Ilott. .. Together with chapters on the history, decorative uses and cookery of these vegetables, by the editor [Harry Roberts]. London and New York: J. Lane, 1901. url p. 49.
- The book of vegetables and garden herbs; a practical handbook and planting table for the vegetable gardener, by Allen French. London: The Macmillan company, 1907. url p. 305.
- The botany of crop plants: a text and reference book. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son, [c1917] url , , , .
- The botany of crop plants; a text and reference book, by Wilfred W. Robbins. .. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's Son & Co.[c1917] url , p. 245, p. 246, p. 247, p. 248.
- The bulb book; or, Bulbous and tuberous plants for the open air, stove, and greenhouse, containing particulars as to descriptions, culture, propagation, etc., of plants from all parts of the world having bulbs, corm London, J. Murray, 1911. url .
- The canning of foods; a description of the methods followed in commercial canning. By A.W. Bitting. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1912. url p. 43.
- The chemical constituion of the proteins. London, Longmans, 1912-3. url p. 112.
- The chemical constitution of the proteins / by R. H. Aders Plimmer. London; Longmans, Green, 1908. url p. 51.
- The chemical synthesis of vital products and the interrelations between organic compounds / By Raphael Meldola. London: E. Arnold, 1904. url p. 299.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 357, p. 437.
- The culture of vegetables and flowers from seeds and roots, by Sutton and sons. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co. ltd., 1908. url p. 7.
- The cytoplasm of the plant cell, by Alexandre Guilliermond. .. Authorized translation from the unpublished French manuscript, by Lenette Rogers Atkinson, PH. D. Foreword by William Seifriz. .. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Company, 1941. url p. 71, p. 79, p. 80.
- The different forms of flowers on plants of the same species /by Charles Darwin. 1900 New York: D. Appleton, [19--] url p. xvii.
- The diseases of crops and their remedies: a handbook of economic biology for farmers and students. London: G. Bell, 1890. url , , , .
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 28.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 487.
- The flora of Boulder, Colorado, and vicinity, by Francis Potter Daniels. .. [Columbia, Mo.]The University of Missouri, 1911. url p. 94.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 170.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 170.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of North Carolina from Ranunculaceae to Salviniaceae / C.W. Hyams. Raleigh, N.C.: The North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1899. url p. 346.
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 261.
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 343.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 59.
- The flora of the American Virgin Islands / N.L. Britton. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1918. url p. 36.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 114, p. 212, p. 236.
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries / by WJillard Nelson Clute. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1898. url p. 109.
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges, & ferns of Great Britain and their allies, the club mosses, horsetails, etc. London, F. Warne, 1905. url .
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston: Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 322, p. 322.
- The influence of light and darkness upon growth and development. New York1903 url , p. 238, p. 263, p. 73.
- The lipids, their chemistry and biochemistry. New York, Interscience Publishers, 1951-57. url p. 563, p. 896.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url p. 504, p. 508.
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 138.
- The natural history of Chautauqua. New York: B. W. Huebsch, 1917. url p. 53.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 847.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 110.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The origin and history of our garden vegetables, to which is added their dietetic values. London, Pub. for the Author by the Royal Horticultural Society, 1912. url p. 26, p. 69.
- The parasitic fungi of New Jersey / by Carl A. Schwarze. New Brunswick: New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Stations, 1917. url p. 204.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 144, p. 187, p. 417, p. 508.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 10.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 114, p. 115.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 348.
- The plants of southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 348.
- The popular encyclopedia; being a general dictionary of arts, sciences, literature, biography, history, and political economy, reprinted from the American edition of the "Conversations lexicon". .. with dissertations on the ri by Sir D.K. Sandford, on the progress of science, by Thomas Thomson, and on the progress of the fine arts, by Allan Cunningham. Glasgow, Blackie[n.d.] url p. 299.
- The power of movement in plants / New York: D. Appleton, 1897. url , , , .
- The power of movement in plants / by Charles Darwin, assisted by Francis Darwin. New York: D. Appleton, 1898. url p. 484, p. 60, p. 61.
- The power of movement in plants, New York, Appleton, 1896. url , .
- The principles of vegetable-gardening. New York: Macmillan, [c1921] url , .
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 19, p. 20, p. 3040, p. 406, p. 409.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 208, p. 46.
- The vegetable garden, New York, Outing publishing company, 1917. url p. 103.
- The vegetable garden; illustrations, descriptions, and culture of the garden vegetables of cold and temperate climates, by MM. Vilmorin-Andrieux, of Paris. English ed. pub. under the direction of W. Robinson. With an addendum by W. P. Thomson. New York, E.P. Dutton and company, 1920. url p. 11.
- The vegetable industry in New York state. .. Albany, 1915 url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 104, p. 106, p. 114, p. 143, p. 155, p. 157, p. 159, p. 167, p. 171, p. 212, p. 222, p. 231, p. 236, p. 53, p. 68, p. 76, p. 89, p. 95.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1912-1937. url p. 314, p. 5.
- Transactions of the British Mycological Society. London: Cambridge University Press, [1897-c1988] url p. 100.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 102, p. 166.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 119, p. 194, p. 239.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 103, p. 161, p. 6, p. 64, p. 90.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 60.
- Truck-farming at the South. A guide to the raising of vegetables for northern markets. By A. Oemler. New York, Orange Judd, 1910. url p. 120.
- University of California publications in botany. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1902-2001. url p. 124, p. 154.
- Useful plants and drugs of Iran and Iraq / by David Hooper. With notes by Henry Field. 9 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 220, p. 225, p. 88.
- Vascular plants of the Sangamon River basin; annotated checklist and ecological summary [by] Almut G. Jones and David T. Bell. [Urbana], University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture,  url p. 10, p. 52.
- Vegeculture. How to grow vegetables, salads, and herbs in town and country, by Harry A. Day, F. R. H. S. London, Methuen & co., ltd. url p. 113.
- Vegetable gardening / New York: Orange Judd, 1916, c1912. url , , .
- Vegetable gardening, by Ralph L. Watts. New York, Orange Judd company, 1912. url p. 199, p. 199, p. 202, p. 202, p. 203, p. 203.
- Vegetable gardening. A manual on the growing of vegetables for home use and marketing. By Samuel B. Green. St. Paul, Webb Publishing Co., 1915. url p. 159.
- Weeds of the farm and garden, by L. H. Pammel. New York: Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.], 1911. url p. 260.
- Wild flower families; the haunts, characters, and family relationships of the herbaceous wild flowers, with suggestions for their identification, & London, J. B. Lippincott Company, 1908. url .
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 410, p. 49.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies. Worcester, Mass., Reed, 1910. url p. 410, p. 49.
- Woods of northeastern Peru, by Llewelyn Williams. 15 1936 Chicago, 1936. url p. 553.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 4 1893 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 217, p. 217, p. 420, p. 423.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 104.
- a manual of Egyptian farm crops and vegetables, by G. Bonaparte. .. Cairo, Printing Office J. Politis, 1903. url p. 8.
- Cooney-Sovetts, C. and R. Sattler. 1986. Phylloclade development in the Asparagaceae: An example of homoeosis. Bot. J. Linn. Soc. 94: 327-371.
- Jessop, J. P. 1966. The genus Asparagus in southern Africa. Bothalia 9: 31-96.
- Malcomber, S. T. and Sebsebe D. 1993. The status of Protasparagus and Myrsiphyllum in the Asparagaceae. Kew Bull. 48: 63-78.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 31, 2012.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2662453
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Kew-275197
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2927116
- MoBot NameID: 18403589
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 3964129