- The Scarlet Milkweed is poisonous to livestock. The root is used traditionally in the Caribbeanm to induce vomiting, and used in a similar way to true Ipecacuanha. The leaves can be used against worms, but the plant is toxic . The Caribs, apart from using the plant thus, use the leaves in baths against 'piai, or bad spells ((Politi, 1996; Honeychurch, 1986). The active principle is said to be asclepiadin, which in excess is fatal.
- The Scarlet Milkweed is a host and nectar plant for Monarch, Queen, and Soldier butterflies.
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Bloodflower, Bastard-Ipecac, Blood Flower, Bloodflower Milkweed, Butterfly Weed, False Ipecac, Mexican Milkweed, Milkweed, Red Butterflies Milkweed, Scarlet Milkweed, Swallow-Wort, Tropical Milkweed, Wild Ipecacuanha
Common Names in French:
Common Names in Hindi:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Algodãozinho-Do-Campo, Camará-Bravo, Capitão-De-Sala, Cega-Olho, Erva-De-Paina, Oficial-Da-Sala, Oficial-De-Sala, Paina-De-Sapo, Paininha
Common Names in Spanish:
Algodoncillo, Corcalito, Flor De Sangre, Yuquillo
Common Names in unspecified:
Bloodflower, Wild Ipecacuanha
, or vines
, rarely subshrubs
or herbs, with latex or rarely watery juice. Leaves simple
, opposite, rarely whorled
or alternate, pinnately veined; stipules absent or rarely present. Inflorescences cymose
, with bracteoles. Flowers bisexual
, 5- [or 4]-merous, actinomorphic
. Calyx 5- or rarely 4-partite, quincuncial, basal glands
usually present. Corolla 5- or rarely 4-lobed, salverform
, or rarely rotate, lobes
overlapping to right
or left, rarely valvate
. Stamens 5 or rarely 4; filaments
or connivent into a cone adherent
to pistil head
, dehiscing longitudinally, base
, cordate, sagittate, or prolonged into an empty spur; pollen granular
; disc ringlike or cup-shaped, 2-5-lobed, or absent. Ovaries superior, rarely half-inferior, connate
, 1- or 2-locular; ovules (1 or) 2-numerous per locule. Style 1; pistil head capitate, conical
, or lampshade-shaped, base stigmatic, apex 2-cleft and not stigmatic
. Fruit a berry, drupe, capsule, or follicle. Seeds with or without coma; endosperm thick and often horny
, scanty, sometimes absent; embryo straight or nearly so, cotyledons often large, radicle terete
About 155 genera and 2000 species distributed primarily in the tropics and subtropics, poorly represented in the temperate regions . Of the 44 genera and 145 species present in China, one genus and 38 species are endemic, and nearly 95% of the taxa grow in the southern and southwestern portions of the country.
Fruit type is highly diversified in the family , and it is diagnostic of many genera. Genera 1-4 produce 1, 2-celled berries from a flower; genus 5 produces 2, 1-celled berries from a flower; 6 and 7 produce mostly fleshy follicles containing deeply indented seeds with ruminate endosperm; 8 has follicles and winged seeds; 9 produces follicles and seeds with 2 comas; 10-12 have follicles with globose seeds; 13-18 have drupes mostly with fleshy mesocarp; 19 has samaroid fruit; 20 has spiny capsules with seeds winged all around; and 21-44 have free or fused follicles and comose seeds. Double flowers are known only from cultivated forms of Nerium oleander, Tabernaemontana divaricata, and Wrightia religiosa.
Plants of the Apocynaceae are often poisonous and are rich in alkaloids or glycosides, especially in the seeds and latex. Some species are valuable sources of medicine, insecticides , fibers, and rubber.
frequently woody. Leaves opposite or whorled
, short petiolate
. Cymes terminal
, umbel-like, many flowered. Calyx glands
5-10. Corolla rotate, deeply parted
or rarely overlapping to right
lobes 5, inserted
on gynostegium, erect, apex hooded
, with an incurved
, ligular-hornlike adaxial
. Stamens inserted at base of corolla tube
into a tube; anther
appendages incurved; pollinia 2 per pollinarium
, pendulous. Stigma head
. Follicles fusiform
, apex acuminate. Seeds flat, with a long coma.
About 120 species: America, some naturalized in Old World; one species in China.
Species Asclepias curassavica
Plants to 1 m tall. Stems pale gray, puberulent to glabrous . Leaves opposite; petiole to 1 cm; leaf blade lanceolate or oblong-lanceolate, 6-15 × 1-4 cm, glabrous or abaxially puberulent along veins, base decurrent into petiole, apex acuminate or acute. Cymes up to as long as leaves, 10-20-flowered; peduncle 3.5-6 cm, pubescent . Pedicel 1.2-2.5 cm, pubescent. Sepals lanceolate, ca. 3 × 1 mm, pubescent. Corolla purple or red, 7-9 mm; lobes oblong , 5-8 × ca. 3 mm, reflexed . Corona lobes yellow or orange, 3.5-4 mm; gynostegium 2.5-3 mm. Follicles fusiform , 5-10 × 1-1.5 cm. Seeds ovate , 6-7 × ca. 3 mm; coma 2-4 cm. Fl. almost all year. 2n = 22. [source]
Habit: Subshrub , Forb/herb
Flowers: Bloom Period: June, July, August. • Flower Color: red-orange
Size: 18-24" tall.
Care: Follow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system . For a neat appearance , remove old foliage before new leaves emerge . Divide clumps every 2 to 3 years in early spring .
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,653 meters (0 to 15,266 feet).
Culture: Space 18-24" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 6.1 • Maximum pH: 7.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Moisture: Water Requirements: Water regularly, when top 3 in. of soil is dry.
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Thorne Ex Reveal, 1992
- Order: Gentianales () - Lindley, 1833
- Superorder: Gentiananae () - Thorne Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Asclepias nivea curassavica (Linnaeus) Kuntze
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 15-Mar-2000
Members of the genus Asclepias
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 110 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
A. albicans (Wax Milkweed) · A. amplexicaulis (Blunt-Leaf Milkweed) · A. angustifolia (Arizona Milkweed) · A. arenaria (Sand Milkweed) · A. asperula (Antelope Horns) · A. asperula capricornu (Antelope Horns) · A. asperula subsp. capricornu (Antelope Horns) · A. brevipes (Asclepias) · A. californica (California Milkweed) · A. californica greenei (Bract Milkweed) · A. californica var. callifolia (California Milkweed) · A. californica subsp. greenei (Greene's Milkweed) · A. cancellata (Asclepias) · A. cinerea (Carolina Milkweed) · A. connivens (Large-Flower Milkweed) · A. cordifolia (Heart-Leaf Milkweed) · A. cryptoceras (Davis Milkweed) · A. cryptoceras cryptoceras (Humboldt County Milkweed) · A. cryptoceras davisii (Humboldt Milkweed) · A. cryptoceras subsp. davisii (Davis' Milkweed) · A. curassavica (Bloodflower) · A. curassavica 'Silky Deep Red' (Bloodflower) · A. curassavica 'Silky Formula Mix' (Bloodflower) · A. curassavica 'Silky Gold' (Bloodflower) · A. curassavica 'Silky Scarlet' (Bloodflower) · A. curtissii (Curtiss Milkweed) · A. cutleri (Cutler Milkweed) · A. davisii davisii (Davis' Milkweed) · A. emoryi (Emory's Milkweed) · A. engelmanniana (Engelmann's Milkweed) · A. eriocarpa (Indian Milkweed) · A. erosa (Desert Milkweed) · A. exaltata (Poke Milkweed) · A. fascicularis (Mexican Whorled Milkweed) · A. feayi (Florida Milkweed) · A. fruticosa (Swan Plant Milkweed) · A. glaucescens (Nodding Milkweed) · A. hallii (Hall Milkweed) · A. hirtella (Green Milkweed) · A. humistrata (Pine-Woods Milkweed) · A. hypoleuca (Mahogany Milkweed) · A. incarnata (Butterfly Weed) · A. incarnata incarnata (Purple Milkweed) · A. incarnata pulchra (Rose Milkweed) · A. incarnata 'Cinderella' (Swamp Milkweed) · A. incarnata 'Ice Ballet' (Swamp Milkweed) · A. incarnata subsp. pulchra (Swamp Milkweed) · A. incarnata 'Soulmate' (Swamp Milkweed) · A. involucrata (Dwarf Milkweed) · A. labriformis (Jones Milkweed) · A. lanceolata (Fewflower Milkweed) · A. lanuginosa (Side-Cluster Milkweed) · A. latifolia (Broad-Leaf Milkweed) · A. lemmonii (Bigleaf Milkweed) · A. linaria (Mexican Milkweed) · A. linearis (Slim Milkweed) · A. longifolia (Long-Leaf Milkweed) · A. macrotis (Long-Hood Milkweed) · A. meadii (Mead's Milkweed) · A. michauxii (Michaux Milkweed) · A. nivea (Caribbean Milkweed) · A. nivea var. curassavica (Butterfly Flower) · A. nummularia (Tufted Milkweed) · A. nyctaginifolia (Mojave Milkweed) · A. obovata (Obovate Milkweed) · A. oenotheroides (Zizotes Milkweed) · A. ovalifolia (Dwarf Milkweed) · A. pedicellata (Savannah Milkweed) · A. perennis (Aquatic Milkweed) · A. physocarpa (Balloon Plant) · A. prostrata (Prostrate Milkweed) · A. pumila (Low Milkweed) · A. purpurascens (Purple Milkweed) · A. quadrifolia (Fourleaf Milkweed) · A. quinquedentata (Slim-Pod Milkweed) · A. racemosa (Talayote) · A. rubra (Red Milkweed) · A. rusbyi (Rusby's Milkweed) · A. scaposa (Bear Mountain Milkweed) · A. solanoana (Serpentine Milkweed) · A. speciosa (Greek Milkweed) · A. sperryi (Sperry's Milkweed) · A. stenophylla (Narrow-Leaved Milkweed) · A. subulata (Desert Milkweed) · A. subverticillata (Bedstraw Milkweed) · A. sullivantii (Prairie Milkweed) · A. syriaca (Broadleaf Milkweed) · A. texana (Texas Milkweed) · A. tomentosa (Tuba Milkweed) · A. tuberosa (Butterfly Milkweed) · A. tuberosa interior (Butterfly Milkweed) · A. tuberosa rolfsii (Butterfly Milkweed) · A. tuberosa tuberosa (Butterfly Milkweed) · A. tuberosa var. clay (Butterfly Weed) · A. tuberosa 'Hello Yellow' (Hellow Yellow Butterfly Weed) · A. tuberosa subsp. interior (Butterfly Milkweed) · A. tuberosa subsp. rolfsii (Rolfs' Milkweed) · A. tuberosa subsp. tuberosa (Butterfly Milkweed) · A. uncialis (Greene Milkweed) · A. uncialis uncialis (Wheel Milkweed)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Directory of Neotropical Wetlands. IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 347.
- A Manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants / Edinburgh: A. and C. Black, 1875. url .
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 503, p. 503.
- A botanical survey of the Galapagos Islands, by Alban Stewart. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences, 1911. url p. 122.
- A contribution to the flora of Honduras, by T. G. Yuncker. 17 1938 Chicago, 1938. url p. 387.
- A descriptive catalogue of useful fiber plants of the world: including the structural and economic classifications of fibers / by Charles Richards Dodge. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1897. url p. 328, p. 71.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 559, p. 84.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 126, p. 37, p. 42, p. 47.
- A forest flora of Chota Nagpur including Gangpur and the Santal-Parganahs. A description of all the indigenous trees, shrubs and climbers, the principal economic herbs, and the most commonly cultivated trees and shrubs (with introduction and glossary) by H. H. Haines. Dehra Dun, India, Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, 1910. url p. 433.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical. In two parts. Part I. Outlines of organography, anatomy, and physiology. Part II. Descriptions and illustrations of the orders. By Emm. Le Maout [and] J. Decaisne. With 5500 figures by L. Steinheil a London, Longmans, Green & Co.1873. url .
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url , p. 317, p. 537.
- A manual flora of Egypt / by Reno Muschler. With a preface by Paul Ascherson and Georg Schweinfurth. Berlin, R. Friedlaender, 1912. url p. 1229, p. 754.
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url .
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 454.
- A manual of gardening for western and southern India, by R. Riddell. Ed. and rev. by Lieutenant-colonel Boddam. Madras: Higginbotham and co., 1884. url p. 105.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 364.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 37.
- A narrative of travels on the Amazon and Rio Negro: with an account of the native tribes, and observations on the climate, geology, and natural history of the Amazon Valley / by Alfred Russel Wallace; with a biographical introduction by the editor. London: Ward, Lock, 1889. url p. 4.
- A naturalist's wanderings in the Eastern archipelago: a narrative of travel and exploration from 1878 to 1883 /by Henry O. Forbes; With numerous illustrations from the author's sketches and descriptions by Mr. John B. Gibbs. 1885 New York: Harper & brothers, 1885. url p. 43.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 60.
- A supplementary list of Chinese flowering plants, 1904-1910, url .
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- A systematic treatise on comparative physiology, introductory to the physiology of man / London: Published by John Churchill and Thos. Kaye, 1834. url p. 334.
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 546.
- A text-book of botany / London; Macmillan, 1898. url .
- A year of Costa Rican natural history, by Amelia Smith Calvert. .. and Philip Powell Calvert. .. with maps and illustrations. New York, The Macmillan company, 1917. url p. 100, p. 171, p. 546.
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 410, p. 417, p. 433.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 160, p. 189.
- American entomology, or Descriptions of the insects of North America: illustrated by coloured figures from original drawings executed from nature / by Thomas Say. [Philadelphia]: S. A. Mitchell, for sale by A. Finley, 1824-28 url , .
- American flower garden directory: containing practical directions for the culture of plants in the flower garden, hot-house, green-house, rooms, or parlour windows, for every month in the year. With a description of the plants most de Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1845. url p. 27.
- American flower-garden directory: containing practical directions for the culture of plants in the flower-garden, hot-house, green-house, rooms, or parlour windows. .. / by Robert Buist. New York: Orange Judd, 1854. url p. 30, p. 30, p. 30.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 341.
- An enumeration of the vascular plants known from Surinam: together with their distribution and synonymy / by A. Pulle. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1906. url p. 387, p. 512.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 141.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organization, natural affinities, and geographical distribution of the whole vegetable kingdom; together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the arts, By John Lindley. New York, G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 211.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 121, p. 121, p. 317.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. Suppl. 3 1910 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 395.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 229.
- Ants; their structure, development and behavior, by William Morton Wheeler. .. New York, Columbia university press, 1910. url .
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1345.
- Archivos. Rio de JaneiroImprensa Nacional url p. 18, p. 296, p. 42, p. 51.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 2 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 689.
- Bibliographical contributions from the Lloyd library, Cincinnati, Ohio. Cincinnati, Ohio, Lloyd Library. url p. 156.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url , .
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 11 1943 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 35.
- Botanical bulletin / Honolulu: Division of Forestry, 1911-1919. url p. 12.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url , p. 503.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 69.
- Botany bulletin / Department of Agriculture. Brisbane: Govt. Print. url p. 113.
- British journal of entomology and natural history. [London]: British Entomological and Natural History Society, 1988- url , p. 59, p. 82.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 7 1922 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 554, p. 860.
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url .
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. 1879 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 120, p. 70.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 18, p. 265, p. 485.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1919 1919 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 148, p. 416.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 104, p. 372.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: The Society, 1874- url p. 245.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 90 1942 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 153.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 225, p. 402, p. 411.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 28, p. 57, p. 59.
- Bulletin. Manila, Bureau of printing, 1903- url p. 104, p. 106, p. 99.
- Bulletin. [Orono.] url p. 229.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 58, p. 8.
- Carotenoids, by Paul Karrer and Ernst Jucker. Translated and rev. by Ernest A. Braude. New York, Elsevier Pub. Co., 1950. url p. 364, p. 72.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 416.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 416.
- Catalogue of the African plants London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url .
- Catalogue of the African plants collected by Dr. Friedrich Welwitsch in 1853-61. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url p. 491, p. 683.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 49.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 314.
- Chemical interactions among milkweed plants (asclepiadaceae) and lepidopteran herbivores / by James A. Cohen. 1983. url p. 17, p. 33, p. 47, p. 50, p. 54.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 187, p. 194, p. 432, p. 486, p. 524, p. 525, p. 628.
- Compositae newsletter. Columbus, Ohio: Dept. of Botany, Ohio State University, 1975- url p. 97.
- Contribution [I]-III to the coastal and plain flora of Yucatan, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1895 Chicago, 1895-1898. url p. 38, p. 384.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url , .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 45 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 154, p. 191, p. 192, p. 297, p. 310, p. 341, p. 343, p. 358, p. 402, p. 408, p. 438, p. 450, p. 497, p. 58, p. 64, p. 86.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 24 2005 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 157, p. 165.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 120, p. 70.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam [Aberdeen]Printed for the University1912- url p. 132.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam. .. / by William Grant Craib. .. [Aberdeen]: Printed for the University of Aberdeen, 1912- url p. 132.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 133.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 619.
- Darwinism: an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications / by Alfred Russel Wallace. London; Macmillan, 1891. url p. 28, p. 479.
- Darwinism; an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London and New York, Macmillan and co., 1889. url p. 28, p. 479.
- Department of the Interior, Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1902-1906. url p. 57.
- Diseases of crop-plants in the Lesser Antilles. By William Nowell. With a foreword by J. Bretland. Published on behalf of the Imperial Department of Agriculture. London, West India Committee[1923?] url p. 32.
- Economic plants. An index to economic products of the vegetable kingdom in Jamaica. Comp. by William Fawcett. .. Jamaica, Govt. Print. Establishment, 1891. url p. 68.
- Edwards, S. T. The Botanical register: consisting of coloured figures of. .. 3 1817 London: Printed for James Ridgway, 1815-1828. url , , , , , , , , , , .
- Entomological news, and proceedings of the Entomological Section of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia[Entomological Rooms of the Academy of Natural Sciences] url p. 229, p. 229, p. 28, p. 28.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 54, p. 803, p. 929.
- Favourite flowers of garden and greenhouse /by Edward Step. ..; the cultural directions edited by William Watson. ..; illustrated with three hundred and sixteen coloured plates, selected and arranged by D. Bois. 3 1897 London and New York: Frederick Warne & co., 1896-97. url pl. 182.
- Flora Hongkongensis; a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. LondonL. Reeve1861 url p. 225.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 109.
- Flora barbadensis: a catalogue of plants, indigenous, naturalized, and cultivated, in Barbados: to which is prefixed, a geological description of the island /by James Dottin Maycock. 1830 London: J. Ridgeway, 1830. url p. 420, p. 431, p. 444.
- Flora hongkongensis: a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. London, L. Reeve, 1861. url .
- Flora medica; a botanical account of all the more important plants used in medicine, in different parts of the world. By John Lindley. .. London, Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1838. url p. 539.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 296.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 296.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1938 Chicago, 1937. url p. 950.
- Flora of Guatemala / Paul C. Standley and Louis O. Williams. 24 1969 Chicago, Ill.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1969. url p. 409, p. 411.
- Flora of Yucatan, by Paul C. Standley. 3 1930 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 387.
- Flora of the Aguan valley and the coastal regions near La Ceiba, Honduras, by T. G. Yuncker. 9 1940 [Chicago]1940. url p. 327.
- Flora of the Florida Keys: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally on the islands of the Florida reef from Virginia Key to Dry Tortugas / by John Kunkel Small. New York, J.K. Small, 1913. url p. 117.
- Flora of the Florida Keys; being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally on the islands of the Florida reef from Virginia Key to Dry Tortugas. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 117.
- Flora of the Florida keys; being descriptions of the see-plants growing naturally on the islands of the Florida reef from Virginia key to Dry Tortugas, by John Kunkel Small. .. New York: The author, 1913. url p. 117.
- Flora of the Lancetilla Valley, Honduras, by Paul C. Standley. 10 1931 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1931. url p. 324, p. 36.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 567.
- Flora of the islands of Margarita and Coche, Venezuela / by John Robert Johnston. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1909. url p. 276, p. 282.
- Fragmenta Florae Philippinae: contributions to the flora of the Philippine Islands / by J. Perkins. Leipzig: Gebr. Borntraeger, 1904-1905. url p. 120.
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 161.
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 48.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 52.
- Grisebach, A. H. R. Flora of the British West Indian islands /by A.H.R. Grisebach. -18 London, L. Reeve, 1864. url p. 419, p. 717, p. 784, p. 787.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 225.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 131, p. 358, p. 95.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url , .
- Handbook of plants and general horticulture. 1890. url p. 51.
- Hooker, W. J. & G. A. W. Arnott. The botany of Captain Beechey's voyage;comprising an acount of the plants collected by Messrs. Lay and Collie, and other officers of the expedition, during the voyage to the Pacific and Behring's Strait, performed in His Majesty's ship Blossom, under the command of Captain F. W. Beechey. .. in the years 1825, 26, 27, and 28.By Sir William Jackson Hooker. .. and G. A. Walker Arnott. .. 1841 London, H. G. Bohn, 1841. url p. 448.
- Illustrations of the natural orders of plants with groups and descriptions. Reduced from the original folio ed. London: Sampson Low, Son, and Marston, 1868. url p. 148.
- In my lady's garden / By Mrs. Richmond. London: T.F. Unwin, 1908. url p. 340.
- Index of plants. 1912. Singapore, Printed at the Methodist Publishing House, 1912. url .
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 89, p. 91.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 625, p. 642, p. 649, p. 651, p. cxxviii.
- Journal of Hymenoptera research. Washington, D.C.: International Society of Hymenopterists, [1992- url p. 287.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 441, p. 442.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url p. 473.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 17 1997 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 179, p. 201, p. 41.
- Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia: Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 1817-1918. url p. 291.
- Journal of the Field Naturalists' Club. Port-of-Spain: Field Naturalists' Club, 1892-1896 url p. 281.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 29 1928 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 317.
- Journal of the New York Entomological Society. Lawrence, Kan.: Allen Press [etc.] url p. 255, p. 80.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url , p. 748, p. 789.
- Leaflets of Philippine botany. 10 1938-1939 Manila: Oriental Printing Co., 1906-1939. url p. 3547, p. 3821, p. 3855.
- Loddiges, C. L. The botanical cabinet: consisting of coloured delineations of plants, from all countries, with a short account of each, directions for management, &c, &c /by Conrad Loddiges & Sons; the plates by George Cooke... 4 1819 London: John & Arthur Arch. .., 1817-1833. url .
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 343, p. 359.
- Memoir of the late William Wright, M. D. with extracts from his correspondence, and a selection of his papers on medical and botanical subjects. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1828. url p. 434.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 81.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 180.
- Memoirs of the Queensland Museum. Brisbane, Queensland Museum, 1912- url p. 110, p. 18, p. 3, p. 4.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 17 1918 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 133, p. 150, p. 172, p. 485.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url p. 878.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url , , , , , , .
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 32.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 1 1884-1888 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 119, p. 280.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1903 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 11, p. 300, p. 340, p. 75.
- Occasional papers of Bernice P. Bishop Museum. Honolulu, Bishop Museum Press, 1898-1984. url p. 106, p. 114, p. 24.
- Occasional papers of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, url p. 13.
- Pamphlets on forestry in Hawaii. [1900?- url p. 12.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Tasmania. Hobart, Tasmania, The Society. url p. 53.
- Pharmacographia Indica.by William Dymock, C.J.H. Warden, and David Hooper. 1890-1893 London: Kegan Paul, Trench, Trubner & Co., 1893. url p. 7.
- Philippine fiber plants, / by William H. Brown. Manila: Bureau of Printing; 1919. url p. 104, p. 106, p. 99.
- Philosophical magazine. London: Taylor & Francis. url p. 107, p. 115.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 232.
- Plant culture; a working hand-book of every day practice for all who grow flowering and ornamental plants in the garden and greenhouse, by George W. Oliver. New York, A. T. De La Mare Printing and Publishing Co., c1912. url , p. 69, p. 69.
- Plantae Utowanae. Plants collected in Bermuda, Porto Rico, St. Thomas, Culebras, Santo Domingo, Jamaica, Cuba, The Caymans, Cozumel, Yucatan and the Alacran shoals. Dec. 1898-Mar. 1899. The Antillean cruise of the yach 2 1900 Chicago, 1900. url p. 83.
- Practical floriculture, a guide to the successful cultivation of florists' plants, for the amateur and professional florist. New York, Judd url p. 211.
- Practical floriculture; a guide to the successful cultivation of florists' plants, for the amateur and professional florist. New York, Orange Judd company, 1879. url p. 244.
- Practical landscape gardening, with reference to the improvement of rural residences, giving the general principles of art; with full directions for planting shade trees, shrubbery and flowers, and laying out grounds. Cincinnati, Moore, Wilstach, Keys & co., 1855. url p. 218.
- Practical landscape gardening: with reference to the improvement of rural residences, giving the general principles of the art: with full directions for planting shade trees, shrubbery and flowers, and laying out grounds / by G.M. Kern. Cincinnati: Moore, Wilstach, Keys & Co., No. 25 West Fourth Street, 1855. url p. 218.
- Problems and methods of research in protozoology... edited by Robert Hegner...and Justin Andrews... New York, The Macmillan company, 1930. url p. 265, p. 272.
- Proceedings - California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 122.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 65.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 122.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 211, p. 238.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url p. 187, p. 239, p. 80.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland. [Brisbane, Royal Society of Queensland]1885- url p. 59, p. 8, p. 92.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 174, p. 176, p. 427, p. 525.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 145.
- Proceedings of the section of sciences / Koninklijke Akademie van Wetenschappen te Amsterdam. Amsterdam: Johannes Müller, [1899-1937]. url p. 517, p. 521, p. 522, p. 524, p. 525, p. 690, p. 691.
- Psyche. Cambridge, Mass.: Cambridge Entomological Club url p. 276.
- Publication / Institute of Social Anthropology. Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1944- url p. 335, p. 341.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. 2 1900 Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 83.
- Reise durch einige der mittlern und su?dlichen Vereinigten Nordamerikanischen Staaten, nach Ost-Florida und den Bahama Inseln unternommen in den jahren 1783 und 1784, von Johann David Scho?pf. .. Cincinnati, J.U. & C.G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 38.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 113, p. 115, p. 116, p. 13, p. 166, p. 49.
- Rough notes and memoranda relating to the natural history of the Bermudas, London, R.H. Porter, 1897. url , .
- Seemann, B. The botany of the voyage of H.M.S. Herald: under the command of Captain Henry Kellett, R.N., C.B., during the years 1845-51 /by Berthold Seemann. 1852-1857 London: Lovell Reeve, 1852-1857. url p. 437.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 569.
- Smith, James Edward The natural history of the rarer lepidopterous insects of Georgia: including their systematic characters, the particulars of their several metamorphoses, and the plants on which they feed. Collected from the observation of Mr. John Abbot, many years resident in that country /by James Edward Smith. 1 1797 London: Printed by T. Bensley, for J. Edwards [etc.] 1797. url tab. VI.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 78 1927 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 25, p. 390.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 153, p. 285, p. 44.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 580, p. 876.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1282, p. 1885.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url , p. 80.
- The American entomologist. St. Louis: R.P. Studley & Co., 1868-1870. url p. 29.
- The American flower garden directory: Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1841. url p. 25.
- The American gardener's calendar; adapted to the climates and seasons of the United States. Containing a complete account of all the work necessary to be done. .. for every month in the year; with ample practical directions for performing the same. .. By Bernard M'Mahon. Philadelphia, Printed by B. Graves, no. 40, North Fourth-Street, for the author, 1806. url p. 449.
- The American gardener's magazine and register of useful discoveries and improvements in horticulture and rural affairs. Boston: Printed for Russell, Shattuck & Williams, & Hovey & Co., 1835- url p. 350.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 114, p. 114.
- The Asa Gray bulletin. 2 1953 Ann Arbor, Mich. url p. 417, p. xi.
- The Australian zoologist. Sydney, Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales url p. 62.
- The Bahama Islands / edited by George Burbank Shattuck. New York: Macmillan, 1905. url , p. 262, p. 262, p. 604.
- The Bahama Islands, London, The Macmillan company, 1905. url p. 262, p. 262, p. 603, p. 604.
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 341, p. 341, p. 341, p. 341.
- The Bermuda islands: an account of their scenery, climate, productions, physiography, natural history and geology, with sketches of their discovery and early history, and the changes in their flora and fauna due to man; with 38 plates and over 250 cuts in the text / by Addison E. Verrill. New Haven, Conn.: The author, 1902. url p. 352.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 176.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 187, p. 192, p. 192, p. 193, p. 218, p. 219, p. 220, p. 221, p. 225, p. 226, p. 235, p. 236, p. 27, p. 85.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 163, p. 164, p. 218, p. 237, p. 283, p. 31, p. 61.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 286.
- The Florist and horticultural journal. Philadelphia, [Pa.: s.n.], 1853-1855. url .
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 448.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , , , , p. 112, p. 123, p. 125, p. 148, p. 164, p. 196, p. 22, p. 244, p. 244, p. 256, p. 260, p. 260, p. 280, p. 292, p. 348, p. 378, p. 39, p. 412, p. 444, p. 496, p. 53, p. 562, p. 592, p. 77, p. 89, p. 89, p. 98.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 385.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1120, p. 1215, p. 131, p. 867, p. 890.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1841 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 649.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , , , p. 12, p. 121, p. 122, p. 128, p. 136, p. 138, p. 140, p. 143, p. 144, p. 146, p. 151, p. 160, p. 160, p. 168, p. 176, p. 176, p. 176, p. 177, p. 184, p. 192, p. 218, p. 220, p. 224, p. 235, p. 255, p. 257, p. 260, p. 268, p. 272, p. 306, p. 308, p. 308, p. 314, p. 322, p. 336, p. 349, p. 376, p. 410, p. 428, p. 432, p. 44, p. 442, p. 444, p. 448, p. 460, p. 475, p. 478, p. 480, p. 505, p. 526, p. 537, p. 568, p. 593, p. 645, p. 66, p. 666, p. 670, p. 68, p. 74, p. 789, p. 799, p. 80, p. 80, p. 802, p. 86, p. 87, p. 88.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 41 1981 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 9.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url p. 45.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url p. 45, p. 584.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 386.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url , p. 116, p. 14, p. 152, p. 155, p. 161, p. 299.
- The Journal of the Board of Commissioners of Agriculture. San Juan: [Board of Commissioners of Agriculture, 1917]. url p. 168, p. 177.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. 3 1888 Bombay: The Society, url p. 107, p. 167, p. 183, p. 237, p. 240, p. 52.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 26 1889-90 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 102, p. 104, p. 15, p. 157, p. 185, p. 332, p. 339, p. 366, p. 428, p. 47, p. 476, p. 512, p. 519, p. 529, p. 535, p. 568, p. 680, p. 87.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 113, p. 114.
- The Philippine journal of science. 3 1908 Manila. url p. 428, p. 446, p. 547.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 129, p. 148, p. 197, p. 42.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 314.
- The Rhopalocera of Java. by M. C. Piepers and P. C. T. Snellen. With the collaboration of H. Fruhstorfer. The Hague, M. Nijhoff; [etc., etc.]1909-18. url p. 38.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 183.
- The botany of Bihar and Orissa: an account of all the known indigenous plants of the province and of the most important or most commonly cultivated exotic ones / with maps and introduction by H. H. Haines. London: Printed by Adlard and sold by agents for Indian Official Publications, 1921-25. url p. 551.
- The botany of the voyage of H. M. S. Sulphur, under the command of Captain Sir Edward Belcher, during the years 1836-42. Published under the authority of the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty /Edited and superintended by Richard Brinsley Hinds, attached to the expedition. The botanical descriptions by George Bentham. 1844 London: Smith, Elder, 1844- url p. 184.
- The butterflies of the eastern United States and Canada: with special reference to New England / By Samuel Hubbard Scudder. Cambridge: The author, 1889. url p. 731, p. 737.
- The colony of British Honduras: its resources and prospects; with particular reference to its indigenous plants and economic productions / by D. Morris. London: Edward Stanford, 1883. url p. 108.
- The complete writings of Thomas Say on the entomology of North America / edited by John L. Le Conte. Philadelphia: A. E. Foote, 1891. url p. 121.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 400, p. 656.
- The flora of Barro Colorado Island, Panama, by Paul C. Standley. City of Washington, The Smithsonian Institution, 1927. url p. 27.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 18.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The flora of St. Croix and the Virgin Islands, by Baron H.F.A. Eggers. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 120, p. 70.
- The flora of the American Virgin Islands / N.L. Britton. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1918. url p. 81.
- The flora of the Dutch West Indian islands. .. by I. Boldingh. Leyden, E. J. Brill, 1909-14. url p. 181, p. 86.
- The forest trees of Mysore and Coorg. Bangalore, Mysore Govt. Central Press, 1894. url , .
- The forests and flora of British Honduras / by Paul C. Standley and Samuel J. Record; in cooperation with the Conservator of Forests and the Agricultural Officer of the Colony. 12 1936 Chicago: [Field Museum of Natural History], 1936. url p. 330.
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url .
- The garden... London, 1872- url p. 210.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 207, p. 4, p. 4.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 193.
- The miscellaneous botanical works of Robert Brown. .. London, Published for the Ray society by R. Hardwicke, 1866-68. url , , .
- The natural history review. Dublin: Hodges & Smith, 1854-1865. url p. 212.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 542.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url p. 151, p. 179, p. 191, p. 192, p. 199, p. 297, p. 324, p. 358, p. 365, p. 399, p. 58.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 625.
- The weeds of New South Wales, pt. I- Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Gov't. printer, 1920- url p. 133, p. 20, p. 22.
- Timehri. Demerara: "Argosy" url p. 131, p. 187.
- Timehri: the journal of the Royal Agricultural and Commercial Society of British Guiana. [S.l.]: Argosy Co., 1911- url p. 131.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 441.
- Transactions of the Connecticut Academy of Arts and Sciences. New Haven: Published by the Academy, 1866- url p. 764, p. 764.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url , , p. 101, p. 102.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 2 1881-87 London. url p. 176, p. 192, p. 193, p. 492.
- Travels in the Confederation, 1783-1784. From the German. Translated and edited by Alfred J. Morrison. Philadelphia, W.J. Campbell, 1911. url p. 311.
- Travels of Ruiz, Pavón, and Dombey in Peru and Chile (1777-1788) / by Hipólito Ruiz; with an epilogue and official documents added by Agustín Jesús Barreiro; translation by B.E. Dahlgren. 21 1940 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1940. url p. 202, p. 307, p. 309, p. 311.
- Travels on the Amazon. LondonWard Lock1911 url p. 4.
- Travels on the Amazon. New York, Harper[1889?] url p. 4.
- Trinidad, its geography, natural resources, administration, present condition, and prospects. London, Cassell, 1884. url p. 407.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 361.
- Vegetable technology; a contribution towards a bibliography of economic botany, with a comprehensive subject-index. By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. Founded upon the collections of George James Symons, F. R. S. London, Pub. for the Index society, by Longmans, Green & co. [etc.]1882. url p. 160.
- Woods of northeastern Peru, by Llewelyn Williams. 15 1936 Chicago, 1936. url p. 546.
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url p. 191, p. 192, p. 324, p. 358, p. 365.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 20, p. 23, p. 37, p. 38, p. 42, p. 57, p. 60.
- Tsiang Ying & Li Ping-tao. 1977. Apocynaceae. Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 63: 1-249.
- "Asclepias curassavica". in Flora of China Vol. 16 Page 203. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 14, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 32 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 26, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 14, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Berkeley Natural History Museums, University and Jepson Herbaria DiGIR provider
- Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum, Bishop Museum Natural History Specimen Data
- Biologiezentrum der Oberoesterreichischen Landesmuseen, Biologiezentrum Linz
- Botanical Research Institute of Texas, Andes to Amazon Biodiversity Program
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden Virtual Herbarium Darwin Core format
- GBIF-Spain, Herbario Universidad de Málaga: MGC-Cormófitos
- GBIF-Spain, Jardín Botánico de Córdoba: Herbarium COA
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Almería, HUAL
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Herbier de la Guyane, Herbier de la Guyane
- Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad
- , Biodiversidad de Costa Rica
- Israel Nature and Parks Authority, Israel Nature and Parks Authority
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- Taiwan Biodiversity Information Facility, Magnoliophyta
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Vienna, Institute for Botany - Herbarium WU, Herbarium WU
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2653395
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-30258
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13765784
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:94213-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 4469
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 30258
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 143068-3
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDASC020D0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ASCU
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 22491
- Bingtao Li, Antony J. M. Leeuwenberg & David J. Middleton "Apocynaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 16 Page 143. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Asclepias". in Flora of China Vol. 16 Page 203. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 548.290 meters (1,798.852 feet), Standard Deviation = 828.620 based on 1,796 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]