Common Names in English:
Alpine Bearberry, Alpine Manzanita, Mountain Bearberry
usually woody, or herbs, sometimes lacking chlorophyll. Leaves spiral
, sometimes decussate, margin
. Inflorescence racemose; bracteoles paired
, basal. Flowers (4 or) 5-merous. Calyx imbricate. Corolla connate
, imbricate. Stamens 10, sometimes with spurs or awns
, dehiscing by pores
, pollen in tetrads
, rarely single. Ovary superior or inferior, placentation axile
, rarely parietal
, often many ovules per locule. Style ± as long as corolla, slender. Fruit a capsule or berry, rarely a drupe; calyx persistent.
About 125 genera and 4000 species: widely distributed in temperate and subarctic regions, also at high elevations in tropical regions ; 22 genera and 826 species (524 endemic) in China.
The Monotropoideae are here included in the Ericaceae; previously in FRPS (56: 157 216. 1990), they were treated as the Pyrolaceae. Chiogenes, recorded from China in FRPS (57(3) : 69 71. 1991), is here included in Gaultheria. Over the last half century, the Empetraceae have usually been separated from, but closely associated with, the Ericaceae. In their ecology, leaf morphology and insertion , rusts, embryology, stamen anatomy, etc. , they largely agree with that family . Molecular data place Empetrum and its relatives firmly within the Ericaceae, and in particular within the subfamily Ericoideae, in agreement with phytochemical and palynological data, and there they are best recognized as a separate tribe . There are distinctive features of the Empetreae that were responsible for their past familial status, e.g. , reduced perianth with separate members , low ovule number, enlarged stigmas, etc. However, these are likely to be derived features associated with wind pollination. See Kron et al. (Bot. Rev. 68: 335 423. 2002) and the recent treatment of the Ericaceae by Stevens et al. (in Kubitzki, Fam. Gen. Vasc. Pl. 6: 145 194. 2004) .
Several genera and many species are ornamentals . Some fruits of Vaccinium in N China are sweet and edible, but of no particular value to humans. Some species of Chamaedaphne, Craibiodendron, Leucothoë, Lyonia, Pieris, and Rhododendron contain more or less toxic diterpenes, which are harmful to humans or domestic animals.
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May. • Flower Color: near white, white
Size: under 6" tall.
Culture: Space 9-12" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 4.5 • Maximum pH: 6.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full sun to partial shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 1. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Ericanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Arbutus alpina L. • Arctous alpina (L.) Niedenzu • Mairania alpina (L.) Desv.
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 10-Apr-2007
Members of the genus Arctostaphylos
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 217 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
A. alpina (Alpine Bearberry) · A. alpina alpina (Alpine Bearberry) · A. alpina japonica (Alpine Bearberry) · A. andersonii (Santa Cruz Manzanita) · A. andersonii tridentata (Santa Cruz Manzanita) · A. auriculata (Mount Diablo Manzanita) · A. australis (Australian Manzanita) · A. bakeri (Baker's Manzanita) · A. bakeri sublaevis (Baker's Manzanita) · A. bakeri subsp. sublaevis (The Cedars Manzanita) · A. benitoensis (Benito Manzanita) · A. campbelliae (Campbell Manzanita) · A. canescens (Hoary Manzanita) · A. canescens sonomensis (Hoary Manzanita) · A. canescens subsp. sonomensis (Sonoma Manzanita) · A. catalinae (Santa Catalina Island Manzanita) · A. cinerea (Waldo Manzanita) · A. coloradensis (Colorado Manzanita) · A. columbiana (Bristly Manzanita) · A. columbiana nortensis (Hairy Manzanita) · A. columbiana subsp. nortensis (Bristly Manzanita) · A. confertiflora (Santa Rosa Island Manzanita) · A. crassifolia (Del Mar Manzanita) · A. cruzensis (Arroyo De La Cruz Manzanita) · A. densiflora (Vine Hill Manzanita) · A. densiflora 'Harmony' (Manzanita) · A. densiflora 'Howard Mcminn' (Vine Hill Manzanita) · A. densiflora 'Sentinel' (Manzanita) · A. edmundsii (Little Sur Manzanita) · A. edmundsii 'Big Sur' (Manzanita) · A. edmundsii 'Carmel Sur' (Manzanita) · A. edmundsii 'Danville' (Manzanita) · A. edmundsii 'Indian Hill' (Manzanita) · A. edmundsii 'Little Sur' (Manzanita) · A. gabrielensis (San Gabriel Manzanita) · A. glandulosa adamsii (Eastwood Manzanita) · A. glandulosa crassifolia (Eastwood Manzanita) · A. glandulosa glaucomollis (Eastwood Manzanita) · A. glandulosa mollis (Eastwood's Manzanita) · A. glandulosa var. zacaensis 'San Marcos' (Manzanita) · A. glandulosa zacaensis (Eastwood's Manzanita) · A. glandulosa subsp. crassifolia (Del Mar Manzanita) · A. glandulosa subsp. glaucomollis (Eastwood's Manzanita) · A. glandulosa subsp. mollis (Eastwood's Manzanita) · A. glandulosa subsp. zacaensis (Zaca's Manzanita) · A. glauca (Big Berry Manzanita) · A. glauca 'Dwaine's Dwarf' (Manzanita) · A. glauca 'Frazier Park' (Mt. Pinos Manzanita) · A. glauca 'Los Angeles' (Santa Monica Big Berry Manzanita) · A. glauca 'Ramona' (Manzanita) · A. glutinosa (Schreiber's Manzanita) · A. helleri (Heller's Manzanita) · A. hispidula (Gasquet Manzanita) · A. hookeri (Bearberry) · A. hookeri franciscana (Franciscan Manzanita) · A. hookeri hearstiorum (Hearst's Manzanita) · A. hookeri hookeri (Hooker's Manzanita) · A. hookeri montana (Hooker's Manzanita) · A. hookeri ravenii (Hooker's Manzanita) · A. hookeri var. franciscana 'Franciscana' (Franciscan Manzanita) · A. hookeri subsp. franciscana (Franciscan Manzanita) · A. hookeri subsp. hearstiorum (Hearst's Manzanita) · A. hookeri subsp. montana (Mt. Tamalpais Manzanita) · A. hookeri 'Monterey Carpet' (Monterey Pine Manzanita) · A. hookeri subsp. ravenii (Presidio Manzanita) · A. hookeri 'Wayside' (Manzanita Inner Monterey Manzanita) · A. hooveri (Hoover Manzanita) · A. imbricata (San Bruno Mountain Manzanita) · A. imbricata imbricata (San Bruno Mountain Manzanita) · A. insularis (Island Manzanita) · A. jepsonii (Jepson's Manzanita) · A. klamathensis (Klamath Manzanita) · A. laxiflora (Lazyflower Manzanita) · A. luciana (Santa Lucia Manzanita) · A. luciana 'Adelaide' (Santa Lucia Manzanita) · A. malloryi (Mallory's Manzanita) · A. manzanita (Common Manzanita) · A. manzanita glaucescens (Elegant Manzanita) · A. manzanita laevigata (Contra Costa Manzanita) · A. manzanita manzanita (Whiteleaf Manzanita) · A. manzanita roofii (Whiteleaf Manzanita) · A. manzanita wieslanderi (Whiteleaf Manzanita) · A. manzanita 'Dr. Hurd' (Manzanita) · A. manzanita subsp. elegans (Konocti Manzanita) · A. manzanita subsp. glaucescens (Whiteleaf Manzanita) · A. manzanita subsp. laevigata (Contra Costa Manzanita) · A. manzanita subsp. roofii (Roof's Manzanita) · A. manzanita subsp. wieslanderi (Wieslander's Manzanita) · A. media (Intermediate Manzanita) · A. mendocinoensis (Pygmy Manzanita) · A. mewukka (Indian Manzanita) · A. mewukka truei (Indian Manzanita) · A. mewukka subsp. truei (True's Manzanita) · A. montaraensis (Montara Manzanita) · A. montereyensis (Monterey Manzanita) · A. moranii (Moran's Manzanita) · A. morroensis (Morro Manzanita) · A. morroensis 'Park View' (Morro Manzanita) · A. myrtifolia (Ione Manzanita) · A. nevadensis (Hardy Manzanita)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Labrador Spring. Boston, Estes, 1910. url p. 251.
- A Labrador spring, by Charles W. Townsend. .. with illustrations from photographs. Boston: D. Estes & co., 1910. url p. 251.
- A botanical exploration of the north shore of the gulf of St. Lawrence including an annotated list of the species of vascular plants, Ottawa, F. A. Acland, printer, 1922. url p. 123, p. 13.
- A comparison of the animal communities of coniferous and deciduous forests, Urbana, Ill., c1927 url p. 24.
- A history of the birds of Europe: including all the species inhabiting the western palaearctic region / London: Published by the Author, 1871-1881. url p. 216.
- A naturalist in the Great Lakes region, by Elliot Rowland Downing. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1922] url , p. 295.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 214.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 214.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 70.
- A study of the physiographic ecology of Mount Ktaadn, Maine, by Le Roy Harris Harvey. Orono, Me., 1903. url p. 32, p. 33.
- Across the sub-Arctic of Canada, a journey of 3, 200 miles by canoe and snowshoe through the barren lands, by J. W. Tyrrell. .. including a list of plants collected on the expediton, a vocabulary of Eskimo words, a route map and full classified index. With illustrations from photographs taken on the journe Toronto, W. Briggs, 1897. url p. 260.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. 25 1904 Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 104, p. 105, p. 11, p. 110, p. 111, p. 118, p. 119, p. 122, p. 123, p. 124, p. 136, p. 139, p. 145, p. 15, p. 154, p. 155, p. 163, p. 21, p. 213, p. 22, p. 22, p. 23, p. 230, p. 24, p. 26, p. 26, p. 27, p. 30, p. 30, p. 307, p. 310, p. 32, p. 32, p. 330, p. 34, p. 35, p. 36, p. 36, p. 37, p. 39, p. 4, p. 42, p. 43, p. 45, p. 46, p. 47, p. 48, p. 50, p. 52, p. 59, p. 65, p. 8, p. 83, p. 99.
- Alpine flowers for English gardens / by W. Robinson. London: Murray, 1879. url p. 429.
- Alpine flowers for gardens: rock, wall, marsh plants, and mountain shrubs / by W. Robinson. London: John Murray, 1903. url p. 170, p. 171.
- Alpine flowers for gardens; rock, wall, marsh plants, and mountain shrubs, by W. Robinson. London, J. Murray, 1910. url p. 170, p. 171.
- Alpine plants, a practical manual for their culture, with a supplementary essay on The small rock-garden. London, C. Scribner's Sons, 1906, 1907. url , .
- Alpine plants: a practical method for growing the rarer and more difficult alpine flowers / by W.A. Clark; with illustrations from photographs by Clarence Elliott. London: C. Scribner, 1901. url p. 20.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 670.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia, and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102d meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: C. Scribner's sons, 1913. url p. 694.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 464.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organization, natural affinities, and geographical distribution of the whole vegetable kingdom; together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the arts, By John Lindley. New York, G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 180.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 185.
- Arboretum et fruticetum britannicum; or, The trees and shrubs of Britain, native and foreign, hardy and half-hardy, pictorially and botanically delineated, and scientifically and popularly described; with their propagation, culture, mana London: Henry G. Bohn, 1854. url p. 2622.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 89.
- Arctic searching expedition: a journal of a boat-voyage through Rupert's Land and the Arctic Sea, in search of the discovery ships under command of Sir John Franklin. With an appendix on the physical geography of North America. By Sir John Richardson. .. London, Longman, Brown, Green, and Longmans, 1851. url p. 303.
- Atlas of the rare vascular plants of Ontario / Ottawa: Botany Division, National Museum of Natural Sciences = Division de la botanique, Musée national des sciences naturelles, 1982-1987. url .
- Beautiful flowering trees and shrubs for British and Irish gardens / by John Weathers. London: Simpkin, Marshall, [1903?] url .
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 18.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 156, p. 6.
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 14 1971 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 49.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 288, p. 288, p. 320.
- British plants; their biology and ecology, London, Methuen url , .
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 56.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. 29 1914 [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 102, p. 109, p. 858.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 572, p. 573.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 62 1919 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 549, p. 549.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 27 1900 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 66.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 12, p. 145.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Canada's missing dimension: science and history in the Canadian Arctic Islands / Ottawa: Canadian Museum of Nature, 1990. url p. 428.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds / by John Macoun and James M. Macoun. Ottawa: Canada Dept. of Mines, Geological Survey Branch, 1909. url p. 485.
- Catalogue of Canadian birds, Ottawa, Government Printing Bureau, 1909. url .
- Catalogue of Canadian birds. .. Ottawa, Printed by S. E. Dawson, 1900-04. url .
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , , p. 294, p. 294, p. 561, p. 561.
- Catalogue of North American plants north of Mexico, exclusive of the lower cryptogams / by A.A. Heller. [Lancaster, Pa.: A.A. Heller], 1900. url .
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 165.
- Coloured vade-mecum to the alpine flora... S.l.: s.n., 1914? url , .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892-1932. url p. 86.
- Contributions from the herbarium of the Geological Survey of Canada / by James M. Macoun. [Ottawa?: s.n.], 1894-1906. url p. 279.
- Contributions to Canadian botany / by Jas. M. Macoun. Ottawa: [s. n.], 1894-1906. url p. 279.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 173.
- Cryptogamic plants of the USSR. (Flora sporovykh rastenii SSSR) Translated from Russian. Jerusalem[Published for the National Science Foundation, Washington, D.C. by the Israel Program for Scientific Translations, 19 - url p. 331.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United States and Canada, together with geo by L.H. Bailey assisted by Wilhelm Miller, PH. D., associate editor, and many expert cultivators and botanists. Illustrated with nearly three thousand engravings and one hundred and forty-five full-pa New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1906. url p. 1539.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 217, p. 291.
- Distribution and origin of life in America, by Robert Francis Scharff New York, Macmillan, 1912 url p. 103.
- Ecological investigations of the tundra biome in the Prudhoe Bay region, Alaska / edited by Jerry Brown. [Fairbanks: University of Alaska], 1975. url p. 190.
- Edmonston's flora of Shetland: comprehending a list of the prevalent wild-flowers, horse-tails, club-mosses and ferns of the Shetland Isles. Edinburgh; Oliphant, Anderson & Ferrier, 1903. url p. 73.
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url , .
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url , , p. 26.
- Familiar features of the roadside; the flowers, shrubs, birds, and insects. New York, D. Appleton and Company, 1897. url .
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 122.
- Field and forest. [Washington: Columbia Press, 1875-1878]. url p. 98.
- Flora boreali-Americana, or, The botany of the northern parts of British America compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. to which are added (by permission of by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: H.G. Bohn, 1840. url .
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 643.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 67.
- Flowers and their unbidden guests. London, C. K. Paul & Co., 1878. url p. 87.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Garden flowers; how to cultivate them. A treatise on the culture of hardy ornamental trees, shrubs, annuals, herbaceous and bedding plants. By Edward Sprague Rand, jr.... New York, Hurd and Houghton, 1876. url p. 46.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Geology of old Hampshire County, Massachusetts: comprising Franklin, Hampshire, and Hampden counties / by Benjamin Kendall Emerson. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1898. url p. 719.
- Gray's new manual of botany (7th ed.--illustrated) A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1908] url p. 637.
- Gray's new manual of botany, a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson. .. and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. .. New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Co.[c1908] url p. 637, p. 637.
- Gray's new manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, New York, American Book Co.[c1908] url .
- Gray's new manual of botany: a handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada / Asa Gray; rearranged and extensively revised by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New York: American Book Company, c1908. url p. 637.
- Ground beetles (Carabidae) of Fennoscandia: a zoogeographic study / by Carl H. Lindroth; Joachim Adis, scientific editor. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Libraries and National Science Foundation, 1989- url p. 625.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 115, p. 117.
- Handbook of hardy trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants. Based on the French work of Messrs. Decaisne and Naudin entitled 'Manuel de l'amateur des jardins, ' and including the original woodcuts by Riocreux and Leblanc. Boston, Estes & Lauriat, 1873. url p. 650.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. London: Reeve, 1858. url p. 344.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 107, p. 170.
- Hardy ornamental flowering trees and shrubs / by A. D. Webster. London: Smith, Elder, 1908. url p. 11, p. 221.
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 520.
- Hooker, W. J. Flora boreali-americana, or, the botany of the northern parts of British America: compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. To which are added (by permission of the Horticultural society of London, ) those of Mr. Douglas, from north-west America, and of other naturalists /by Sir William Jackson Hooker. 2 1840 London, H.G. Bohn -1840. url p. 37.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 224.
- How to know wild fruits; a guide to plants when not in flower by means of fruit and leaf; by Mary Elisabeth Herbert. New York, Macmillan, 1914. url p. 228, p. 337.
- Ice-bound on Kolguev: a chapter in the exploration of Arctic Europe to which is added a record of the natural history of the island / by Aubyn Trevor-Battye; with numerous illustrations by J.T. Nettleship, Charles Whymper and the author. Westminster: A. Constable, 1895. url p. 410.
- Ice-bound on Kolguev; a chapter in the exploration of Arctic Europe, to which is added a record of the natural history of the island, Westminster, A. Constable and Company, 1895. url .
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 481.
- Introduction to plant geography and some related sciences. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1960. url p. 407, p. 585.
- Irish gardening. Dublin: Pub. Office, 1906-1922 url p. 133, p. 53.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 147.
- Johnson's Gardeners' dictionary and cultural instructor. London, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd. url p. 64.
- Journal kept by David Douglas during his travels in North America 1823-1827, together with a particular description of thirty-three species of American oaks and eighteen species of Pinus, with appendices containing a list of the plants introduced by Douglas and an account of h London, W. Wesley & Son, 1914. url , p. 2, p. 349.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 46 1908 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 133, p. 175, p. 241, p. 279, p. 301, p. 305, p. 336, p. 425, p. 470, p. 83.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 21 2001 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 103.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 111, p. 207.
- Knowledge. v. 1-40; Nov. 1881-Dec. 1917. LondonWyman [etc.] url p. 193, p. 391.
- Labrador, the country and the people, New York, The Macmillan co., 1913. url .
- Labrador: the country and the people / by Wilfred T. Grenfell and others. New York: Macmillan Co., 1909. url p. 413, p. 417.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 251.
- List of plants collected by Mr. J. B. Tyrrell in the Klondike region in 1899 John Macoun. Ottawa?: s.n., 1899? url .
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 213.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book Co., c1889. url p. 315.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 706.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url , .
- Meddelelser om Grønland. København, C. A. Reitzels Forlag, 1879-1979. url p. 104, p. 105, p. 115, p. 115, p. 116, p. 120, p. 135, p. 143, p. 146, p. 148, p. 178, p. 221, p. 232, p. 238, p. 239, p. 253, p. 306, p. 34, p. 345, p. 359, p. 359, p. 365, p. 372, p. 377, p. 392, p. 4, p. 407, p. 418, p. 423, p. 428, p. 428, p. 500, p. 570, p. 584, p. 63, p. 66, p. 68, p. 69, p. 70, p. 76, p. 79.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 217, p. 291.
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 44.
- Miscellaneous publication - University of Kansas, Museum of Natural History. 1964 Lawrence: University of Kansas, 1946-1996. url p. 10, p. 11, p. 13, p. 161, p. 165, p. 18, p. 24, p. 29, figs. 1-2, page 33, p. 35, p. 54, p. 6, p. 7, p. 73, p. 92.
- Monographs of the United States Geological Survey. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1882- url p. 719.
- Morphology of angiosperms (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) by John Merle Coulter and Charles James [!] Chamberlain. New York, Appleton & Co., 1903. url p. 42.
- Mountain and moorland, by J. Arthur Thomson. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 92.
- Mountain wild flowers of America: a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds / by Julia W. Henshaw. Boston: Ginn, 1906. url p. 159, p. 3, p. 377.
- Mountain wild flowers of America; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, by Julia W. Henshaw. Boston, Ginn, 1906. url p. 3, p. 3, p. 377, p. 377.
- Mountain wild flowers of Canada; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, Julia W. Henshaw. Toronto, Briggs, 1906. url p. 377.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 32.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 139, p. 139.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 355.
- New manual of botany. A handbook of the flowering plants and ferns of the central and northeastern United States and adjacent Canada, rearr. and extensively rev. by Benjamin Lincoln Robinson and Merritt Lyndon Fernald. New YorkAmerican Book Co.[c1908] url p. 637.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 9 1884 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 400, p. 453, p. 466.
- North Atlantic biota and their history; a symposium held at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík, July 1962, under the auspices of the University of Iceland and the Museum of Natural History. Editors: Askell Löve and Doris Löve. Sponsored Oxford, New York, Pergamon Press, 1963 url p. 88.
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url , , , .
- Oecology of plants: an introduction to the study of plant-communities / by Eug. Warming; assisted by Martin Vahl; prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 10, p. 211, p. 213, p. 214, p. 257, p. 359, p. 408.
- Oecology of plants; an introduction to the study of plant-communities, by Eug. Warming, assisted by Martin Vahl. Prepared for publication in English by Percy Groom and Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1909. url p. 10, p. 211, p. 213, p. 214, p. 257, p. 359, p. 408.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 432.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 9.
- Plant life in Alpine Switzerland; being an account in simple language of the natural history of Alpine plants, London, J. Murray, 1910. url , .
- Plantae Wilsonianae; an enumeration of the woody plants collected in western China for the Arnold arboretum of Harvard university during the years 1907, 1908, and 1910, by E. H. Wilson, ed. by Charles Sprague Sargent. Cambridge, University Press, 1913-17. url p. 556, p. 584, p. 585.
- Popular geography of plants; or, A botanical excursion round the world, by E.M.C.; ed. by Charles Daubeny. London, 1855. url p. 347.
- Practical hints on planting ornamental trees, with particular reference to coniferae... by Standish and Noble. London, Bradbury and Evans, 1852. url p. 126.
- Proceedings of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London [Eng]: South London Entomological and Natural history Society, [1897-1933] url p. 121.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 7 1884 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 528.
- Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London. London: Academic Press, [etc.], 1833-1965. url p. 239, p. 239, p. 240, p. 240.
- Proceedings. Halifax url p. 351, p. 384.
- Publications in botany / Ottawa: The Museum, 1969- url p. 49.
- Report of the Brown-Harvard Expedition to Nachvak, Labrador, 1900 / by E.B. Delabarre. Providence, R.I.: Preston & Rounds Co., 1902. url p. 169, p. 184.
- Report of the Brown-Harvard expedition to Nachvak, Labrador, 1900, Providence, R.I., Preston & Rounds co., 1902. url p. 169, p. 184.
- Report of the Canadian Arctic Expedition 1913-18. Ottawa, F. A. Acland, Printer to the King, 1919- url , , , , , , , , , , .
- Report on an exploration in the Yukon district, N.W.T., and adjacent northern portion of British Columbia, 1887 by George M. Dawson. Montreal: Dawson, 1888. url .
- Reports and papers on botany. London: Printed for the Ray society, 1846-49. url p. 327, p. 427.
- Reports. OttawaKing's Printer1917 url p. 20, p. 21.
- Rock gardens: how to make and maintain them, London, Williams & Norgate, 1910. url p. 239.
- Rock gardens; how to make and maintain them, by Lewis B. Meredith, with an introduction by F. W. Moore. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1914. url p. 239.
- Rydberg, P. A. Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, and British Columbia /by P. A. Rydberg... 1917 New York: The author, 1917. url p. 643.
- Sargent, C. S. Plantae Wilsonianae: an enumeration of the woody plants collected in western China for the Arnold arboretum of Harvard university during the years 1907, 1908, and 1910 /by E. H. Wilson, ed. by Charles Sprague Sargent. 1 1913 Cambridge: The University press, 1913-17. url p. 556, p. 584, p. 585.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 308, p. 317.
- Scottish gardens; being a representative selection of different types, old and new, New York, Longmans, Green & co.; [etc., etc.]1908. url p. 244.
- Seemann, B. The botany of the voyage of H.M.S. Herald: under the command of Captain Henry Kellett, R.N., C.B., during the years 1845-51 /by Berthold Seemann. 1852-1857 London: Lovell Reeve, 1852-1857. url p. 53, p. 55.
- Selected western flora: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta / Toronto: Macmillan Company of Canada, [c1915] url .
- Sketch of the evolution of our native fruits, by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1906. url p. 463.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 138 1960 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url index, page 233, p. 55.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 43.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 63.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 198.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / [London]: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1912. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 13, p. 15, p. 4, p. 49, p. 62, p. 65.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 95.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1865, p. 2186.
- The Aleutian islands: their people and natural history (with keys for the identification of the birds and plants) City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1945. url p. 106, p. 121, p. 124.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants: together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the Americ by Alphonso Wood. New York: A. S. Barnes, 1877, c1870. url p. 201.
- The American journal of science. 22 1856 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 230, p. 376, p. 391, p. 62.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 118, p. 268, p. 268, p. 268.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 101, p. 170, p. 172, p. 227, p. 231, p. 232, p. 39, p. 39, p. 45, p. 57.
- The Arctic prairies, a canoe-journey of 2, 000 miles in search of the caribou; being the account of a voyage to the region north of Aylmer Lake. New York, C. Scribner's Sons[c1911] url .
- The Arctic prairies: a canoe-journey of 2, 000 miles in search of the caribou; being the account of a voyage to the region north of Aylmer Lake / by Ernest Thompson Seton. Toronto: W. Briggs, 1911. url p. 336.
- The Arctic prairies; a canoe-journey of 2, 000 miles in search of the caribou; being the account of a voyage to the region north of Aylmer Lake, New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1911. url p. 336.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous or flowering plants, and the ferns / London, 1855. url p. 602.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 45 1931 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url fig. 3 , lewis , title page, index, vol. xlv , title page, index , gillett , title page, index , title page, index , gates , p. 105, p. 107, p. 109, p. 113, p. 113, p. 116, p. 120, p. 120, p. 121, p. 128, p. 129, p. 138, p. 160, p. 161, p. 171, p. 172, p. 173, p. 174, p. 18, p. 183, p. 183, p. 185, p. 19, p. 194, p. 211, p. 212, p. 229, p. 229, p. 257, p. 26, p. 277, p. 288, p. 29, p. 305, p. 322, p. 346, p. 35, p. 39, p. 390, p. 422, p. 426, p. 432, p. 479, p. 553, p. 556, p. 558, p. 59, p. 627, p. 63, p. 638, p. 661, p. 75, p. 94.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 347, p. 351, p. 419.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 57.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url p. 279.
- The Cottage gardener. [London: W.S. Orr, url p. 394.
- The English flower garden and home grounds: design and arrangement followed by a description of the plants, shrubs and trees for the open-air garden and their culture / by W. Robinson. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1921. url p. 349.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url , .
- The Eskimo tribes; their distribution and characteristics, especially as regards language, with a comparative vocabulary and sketch-map. Copenhagen1887-91. url p. 104, p. 105, p. 195, p. 64.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 499.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 104, p. 188, p. 263, p. 307, p. 386, p. 457.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1864 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 317, p. 750.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , p. 163, p. 432.
- The Illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / edited by George Nicholson. ..; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. ... London: L. Upcott Gill; 1887-1889. url p. 192, p. 453, p. 466.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 258.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 11 1871 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 316.
- The Labrador coast. A journal of two summer cruises to that region. New York: N.D.C. Hodges, 1891. url .
- The Naturalist. 1897 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 199.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 148, p. 148, p. 214.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 102.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 254.
- The alpine flora / by Henry Correvon and Phillippe Robert; translated into English and enlarged, under the author's sanction, by E. W. Clayforth. London: Methuen,  url p. 430.
- The birds of Maine; with key to and description of the various species known to occur or to have occured in the state, an account of their distribution and migration, showing their relative abundance in the various count by Ora Willis Knight. .. Bangor, Me.[printed by C. H. Glass & co.]1908. url p. 660.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 56.
- The flora of Canada, by J. M. Macoun and M. O. Malte. Ottawa: Government printing bureau, 1917. url p. 11, p. 3.
- The flora of Disko Island and the adjacent coast of West Greenland from 66-71 N. lat.: with remarks on phytogeography, ecology, flowering, fructification and hibernation / by Morten P. Porsild; assisted by A. Erling Porsild. København: B. Lunos bogt., 1920 [i.e. 1926]- url p. 134, p. 134.
- The garden... London, 1872- url p. 104.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url , p. 102.
- The geology of New Hampshire A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist Concord, E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878 url p. 402, p. 402, p. 571, p. 571.
- The geology of New Hampshire. A report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature. Concord, E.A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-78. url , .
- The geology of New Hampshire: a report comprising the results of explorations ordered by the legislature / C. H. Hitchcock, state geologist. Concord: E. A. Jenks, state printer, 1874-1878. url p. 402, p. 571.
- The identification of trees & shrubs; how to recognize, without previous knowledge of botany, wild or garden trees and shrubs native to the north temperate zone, with 2, 500 diagrams made by the author. New York, Dutton url p. 236.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , , , , , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 768, p. 929.
- The origin of the British flora / London: Dulau, 1899. url , .
- The origin of the British flora. LondonDulau1899 url p. 132, p. 175, p. 181.
- The plant community [by] Herbert C. Hanson [and] Ethan D. Churchill. New York, Reinhold Pub. Corp. url p. 139.
- The rhododendron and "American plants.": A treatise on the culture, propagation, and species of the rhododendron;: with cultural notes upon other plants which thrive under like treatment, and descriptions of species and varieties;: with a New York: Hurd and Houghton, 1876, [c1871] url .
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3613.
- The study of plant communities: an introduction to plant ecology. San Francisco: W.H. Freeman, 1948. url p. 239.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 812.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 454.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url .
- The voyage of the Vega round Asia and Europe; with a historical review of previous journeys along the north coast of the Old World, by A.E. Nordenkiöld, tr. by Alexander Leslie, with five steel portraits, numerous maps, and illustrations. New York, Macmillan and Co., 1882. url p. 439.
- Through the Mackenzie Basin: a narrative of the Athabasca and Peace River Treaty Expedition of 1899 / by Charles Mair; with a map of the country ceded and numerous photographs of native life and scenery. Also, notes on the mammals and birds of northern Canada, by Roderick MacFarlane. Toronto: W. Briggs, 1908. url p. 404.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 202, p. 204.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 115, p. 121, p. 123, p. 149, p. 44, p. 49, p. 56.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 60.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1896 London. url p. 186, p. 187, p. 463.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 48.
- Trees & shrubs for English gardens. [London]"Country life", 1908. url p. 226, p. 641.
- Trees and shrubs hardy in the British Isles / by W. J. Bean. London: J. Murray, 1916. url p. 203.
- Trees and shrubs of the British Isles; native and acclimatised, LondonDent1909 url p. 241, p. 244, p. 258, p. 32.
- Trees and shrubs, hardy in the British isles. LondonJ. Murray1914 url p. 203.
- Trees; a handbook of forest-botany for the woodlands and the laboratory Cambridge, At the University press url p. 337.
- Tundra biome research in Alaska: the structure and function of cold-dominated ecosystems / Jerry Brown and George C. West. [College, Alaska]: U.S. Tundra Biome-Analysis Ecosystem, International Biological Program, 1970. url p. 121.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 234, p. 32, p. 369.
- Chou Yiliang & Zhou Ruichang. 1990. Pyrolaceae. In: Fang Wenpei & Hu Wenkuang, eds., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 56: 157216
- Fang Rhuicheng, Yang Hanbi & Chin Tsenli. 1999. Ericaceae (1). In: Fang Rhuicheng, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 57(1): 1213
- Hsu Tingzhi, Gao Baochun, Fang Rhuicheng & Huang Shuhua. 1991. Ericaceae (3). In: Fang Rhuicheng, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 57(3): 1207
- Hu Wenkuang, Hu Lincheng, Fang Mingyuan & He Mingyou. 1994. Ericaceae (2). In: Hu Lincheng, Fang Mingyuan, ed., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 57(2): 1438
- Ming Tien lu. 1980. Empetraceae. In: Cheng Mien & Ming Tien lu, eds., Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 45(1): 6062.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed April 30, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 28, 2007:
- Canadian Museum of Nature, Canadian Museum of Nature Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Washington Burke Museum, Vascular Plant Collection - University of Washington Herbarium
- inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn, inatura - Erlebnis Naturschau Dornbirn
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3890001
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-23469
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 14156414
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:326541-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 410669
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 23469
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 17730-2
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDERI04020
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ARAL2
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 19488
- Mingyuan Fang, Ruizheng Fang, Mingyou He, Linzheng Hu, Hanbi Yang, Haining Qin, Tianlu Min, David F. Chamberlain, Peter Stevens, Gary D. Wallace & Arne Anderberg "Ericaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 14 Page 242. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]