Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Hairy Rockcress, Hairy Rock Cress, Western Hairy Rock-Cress
Common Names in Romanian:
, biennial, or perennial
, rarely subshrubs
, or stalked
, sometimes mixed with fewer simple
ones, rarely primarily simple. Stems simple or branched apically. Basal leaves
, rosulate, simple, often entire, sometimes dentate
, rarely lyrate-pinnatifid. Cauline leaves sessile and auriculate
, or amplexicaul
, very rarely petiolate, entire or dentate. Racemes
or rarely bracteate
throughout or only basally, sometimes in panicles, elongated in fruit. Fruiting pedicels erect
, or reflexed
. Sepals ovate
or not, margin
membranous. Petals white, pink, or purple; blade
, oblong, or oblanceolate
, rarely obovate
, apex obtuse
shorter than sepals. Stamens 6, tetradynamous
usually not dilated
at base; anthers
ovate, oblong, or linear
, obtuse at apex. Nectar glands confluent
bases of all stamens; median
sometimes toothlike and free
, rarely absent; lateral glands semiannular or annular
. Ovules 12-110 per ovary. Fruit dehiscent siliques, linear, latiseptate
, sessile or rarely shortly stipitate
, with an obscure
; replum rounded
; septum complete
, membranous, translucent
, veinless; style obsolete
; stigma capitate, entire or slightly 2-lobed. Seeds uniseriate
, oblong or orbicular
, flattened; seed coat
smooth or minutely reticulate
, not mucilaginous
when wetted; cotyledons accumbent
About 70 species: temperate Asia, Europe, North America; 14 species (one endemic) in China.
The limits of Arabis are highly artificial, and the genus is defined primarily on the basis of having branched trichomes, flattened, linear fruit, and accumbent cotyledons . However, this combination of characters has evolved independently several times in the Brassicaceae. A critical study of the genus on worldwide basis is much needed.
Species Arabis hirsuta
or sometimes biennial, (4-) 10-80(-110) cm tall,
usually densely hispid
, with simple
. Stems erect
, usually simple basally, often branched above.
(0.5-) 1-2 cm; leaf blade
, or oblong
, (1.5-) 2.5-8(-10) × (0.5-) 1-2.5 cm,
, or dentate
, apex obtuse
Cauline leaves sessile, lanceolate, oblong, oblanceolate, or ovate
(1-) 1.5-5(-7) × (0.5-) 1-2 cm, hirsute
on both surfaces or
and with obtuse
, margin dentate or entire, apex acute or obtuse.
. Fruiting pedicels erect to erect-ascending, (2-)
3-10(-15) mm, slender, glabrous
or sparsely hirsute. Sepals narrowly
oblong, 2.5-4 × 0.5-1.2 mm, not saccate
. Petals white, rarely
pink or purplish, linear-oblanceolate or narrowly spatulate, rarely
, (3.5-) 4-5 × 1-1.5 mm, apex obtuse. Filaments
2.5-4.5 mm; anthers
oblong, 0.7-1 mm.
Ovules 30-80 per ovary. Fruit
linear, (1.5-) 2-5.5(-7) cm × 0.8-1.2 mm, erect to erect-ascending,
often subappressed to rachis, flattened; valves
with a prominent
extending full length
; style (0.1-) 0.3-0.8(-1)
mm. Seeds brown, oblong or suborbicular
, (0.8-) 1-1.5(-1.7) ×
0.8-1.3 mm, uniseriate
, wingless, narrowly winged
all around, or
winged distally. Fl.
Apr-Aug, fr. May-Sep. 2n = 32. [source]
A highly variable species, especially in spacing, shape , texture , base, and margin of cauline leaves, flower color, petal size, and density of indumentum. Many of the variants have been recognized at specific and infraspecific ranks . However, since the variation in China does not follow consistent morphological and/or geographical patterns , it is better to recognize only one variable taxon . [source]
The records in FRPS and Fl. Xinjiang. (2(2) : 142. 1995) of Arabis borealis Andrzejowski from Xinjiang, as well as those in FRPS and Fl. Guizhou. (7: 30. 1989) of A. sagittata de Candolle from Guizhou, are based on misidentified plants of A. hirsuta. Typical plants of A. sagittata are diploid (2n = 16) biennials with strongly sagittate cauline leaves, whereas those of A. hirsuta are tetraploid perennials or occasionally biennials with auriculate or subcordate cauline leaves. However, the distinction between the two is often difficult, especially in biennial plants of A. hirsuta. The present authors have examined no Chinese material that belongs to either A. borealis or A. sagittata. [source]
Meadows, grassy slopes , roadsides, mixed forests ; 300-4000 m (Ref. 51778).
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 2,246 meters (0 to 7,369 feet).
Duration: Annual , Biennial, Perennial
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Ranunculanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
A. hirsuta var. purpurea Y. C. Lan & T. Y. Cheo • A. sagittata de Candolle Var. nipponica Franchet & Savatier. • Arabis hirsuta var. nipponica (Franchet & Savatier) C. C. Yuan & T. Y. Cheo • Erysimum Hirsutum • Erysimum hirsutum (L.) Kuntze • Turrita Hirsuta • Turrita hirsuta (L.) Bubani • Turritis hirsuta L. • Turritis hirsuta Linnaeus
Status: Accepted Name
Last scrutiny: 2009
Members of the genus Arabis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 227 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
A. aculeolata (Waldo Rock-Cress) · A. alpina (Alpine Rock Cress) · A. androsacea (Rock Cress) · A. arendsii 'Compinkie' (Rock Cress) · A. arenicola (Arctic Rock-Cress) · A. aubrietioides (Rockcress) · A. beckwithii (Beckwith's Rockcress) · A. blepharophylla (Coast Rock Cress) · A. blepharophylla 'Red Sensation' (Pink Rock Cress) · A. blepharophylla 'Spring Charm' (Pink Rock Cress) · A. bodiensis (Bodie Hill Rock Cress) · A. boivinii (Boivin's Rockcress) · A. breweri (Brewer's Rock-Cress) · A. breweri var. austiniae (Brewer's Rockcress) · A. breweri var. austiniae (Greene) Rollins (Brewer's Rockcress) · A. breweri var. breweri (Brewer's Rockcress) · A. breweri var. breweri S.Watson (Brewer's Rockcress) · A. breweri var. pecuniaria (Brewer's Rockcress) · A. breweri var. pecuniaria Rollins (Brewer's Rockcress) · A. bryoides (Rockcress) · A. calderi (Calder's Rockcress) · A. canadensis (Sicklepod) · A. carduchorum (Rockcress) · A. caucasica (Gray Rockcress) · A. caucasica 'Compinkie' (Compinkie Arabis) · A. caucasica 'Rosea' (Rock Cress) · A. caucasica 'Snowcap' (Rock Cress) · A. caucasica 'Snow Cap' (Snow Cap Rock Cress) · A. caucasica 'Spring Charm' (Spring Charm Arabis) · A. cobrensis (Gray Rockcress) · A. codyi (Cody's Rockcress) · A. collina rosea (Rockcress) · A. constancei (Constance's Rock Cress) · A. crandallii (Crandall's Rock-Cress) · A. crucisetosa (Cross-Haired Rock Cress) · A. cusickii (Cusick's Rockcress) · A. davidsonii (Davidson's Rockcress) · A. davidsonii var. davidsonii (Davidson's Rockcress) · A. davidsonii var. parva (Davidson's Rockcress) · A. demissa (Nodding Rockcress) · A. demissa var. demissa (Nodding Rockcress) · A. demissa var. demissa Greene (Nodding Rockcress) · A. demissa var. languida (Nodding Rockcress) · A. demissa var. languida Rollins (Nodding Rockcress) · A. dispar (Pinyon Rockcress) · A. divaricarpa (Spreading Rockcress) · A. drummondii (Canadian Rockcress) · A. eschscholtziana (Eschscholtz's Hairy Rockcress) · A. falcatoria (Grouse Creek Rockcress) · A. falcifructa (Elko Rockcress) · A. fecunda (Sapphire Rockcress) · A. fendleri (Fendler Rock-Cress) · A. fendleri var. fendleri (Fendler's Rockcress) · A. fendleri var. spatifolia (Spoonleaf Rockcress) · A. fendleri var. spatifolia (Rydb.) Rollins (Fendler Rockcress) · A. ferdinandi-coburgii (Rockcress) · A. ferdinandi-coburgii 'Old Gold' (Arabis) · A. ferdinandi-coburgii 'Variegata' (Rockcress) · A. ferdinandi-coburgi 'Old Gold' (Alpine Wall Cress) · A. fernaldiana (Fernald Rock-Cress) · A. fernaldiana Rollins var. fernaldiana Rollins (Rockcress) · A. fernaldiana Rollins var. stylosa (S.Watson) Rollins (Rockcress) · A. fernaldiana var. fernaldiana (Park Rockcress) · A. fernaldiana var. stylosa (Park Rockcress) · A. fructicosa (Fruit Rock Cress) · A. furcata (Cascade Rockcress) · A. furcata S.Watson var. furcata S.Watson (Columbia Gorge Rockcress) · A. furcata S.Watson var. olympica (Piper) Rollins (Columbia Gorge Rockcress) · A. furcata var. furcata (Columbia Gorge Rockcress) · A. furcata var. olympica (Columbia Gorge Rockcress) · A. georgiana (Georgia Rock-Cress) · A. glabra (Tower Rockcress) · A. glabra var. glabra (Tower Rockcress) · A. glaucovalvula (Blue-Pod Rockcress) · A. gracilipes (Flagstaff Rockcress) · A. gunnisoniana (Gunnison's Rockcress) · A. hastatula (Eared Rockcress) · A. hirshbergiae (Cuyamaca Rockcress) · A. hirsuta (Hairy Rockcress) · A. hirsuta pycnocarpa (Hairy Rockcress) · A. hirsuta sagittata (Hairy Rockcress) · A. hirsuta var. glabrata (Hairy Rockcress) · A. hirsuta var. hirsuta (Hairy Rockcress) · A. hirsuta var. pycnocarpa (Creamflower Rockcress) · A. hoffmannii (Hoffmann's Rock Cress) · A. holboellii (Holboell Rock-Cress) · A. holboellii Hornem. var. pendulocarpa (A.Nelson) Rollins (Dropseed Rockcress) · A. holboellii Hornem. var. pinetorum (Tidestr.) Rollins (Holboell's Rockcress) · A. holboellii var. collinsii (Holboell's Rockcress) · A. holboellii var. holboellii (Holboell's Rockcress) · A. holboellii var. pendulocarpa (Dropseed Rockcress) · A. holboellii var. pinetorum (Holboell's Rockcress) · A. holboellii var. retrofracta (Holboell Rock-Cress) · A. inyoensis (Inyo Rockcress) · A. johnstonii (Johnston's Rock Cress) · A. kamchatica (Kamchatica Rockcress) · A. kennedyae (Troodos Rockcress) · A. koehleri (Koehler Rock-Cress) · A. koehleri T.J.Howell var. koehleri T.J.Howell (Koehler's Rockcress) · A. koehleri T.J.Howell var. stipitata Rollins (Koehler's Rockcress)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- ... A preliminary catalogue of the flora of New Jersey. Comp. by N. L. Britton. .. with the assistance of eminent botanists. New Brunswick, Office of the survey, 1881. url p. 9.
- ... Flora of Glacier National Park, Montana, by Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1921. url p. 351.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 317.
- A botanical tour in the highlands of Perthshire by W.P. and A.T. London, W. Pamplin, 1857. url p. 44.
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url .
- A class-book of botany, designed for colleges, academies, and other seminaries. Illustrated by a flora of northern, middle, and western states; particularly of the United States north of the Capitol, lat. 38 3/4. Claremont, N. H., Manufacturing Co., S. Ide, agent, 1850. url p. 166.
- A compendium of the Cybele britannica; or British plants in their geographical relations. London, Longmans, Green, Reader & Dyer, 1870. url , .
- A complete guide to the English lakes, London, J. Garnett;186-?] url , .
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 20.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 116.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 61.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url , p. 36.
- A flora of the islands of Jersey, with a list of the plants of the Channel Islands in general, and remarks upon their distribution and geographical affinities. London, West, Newman, 1903. url .
- A flora of the state of New-York: comprising full descriptions of all the indigenous and naturalized plants hitherto discovered in the state: with remarks on their economical and medicinal properties / by John Torrey. Albany: Carroll and Cook, printers to the Assembly, 1843. url p. 53.
- A guide to the natural history of the Isle of Wight: a series of contributions by specialists relating to the various branches of natural history and kindred subjects / edited by Frank Morey. Newport, Isle of Wight: The County Press, 1909. url p. 133.
- A guide to the wild flowers Toronto: McLelland, Goodchild & Steward, c1899. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers by Alice Lounsberry; with sixty four coloured and one hundred black-and-white plates and fifty-four diagrams by Ellis Rowan; with an introduction by N.L. Britton. Toronto: W. Briggs, c1899. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers, by Alice Lounsberry. With sixty-four coloured and one hundred black-and-white plates and fifty-four diagrams by Mrs. Ellis Rowan; with an introduction by Dr. N.L. Britton... New York, Frederick A. Stokes company url p. 466.
- A manual of the flora of northern Idaho /Carl Epling and Joe Ewan. 2 1941 1941. url p. 210.
- A manual of the more common herbaceous plants of Quebec and Ontario for use in connection with Groom's Botany / by D.P. Penhallow. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1899. url .
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 183.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url p. 88.
- A new British flora; British wild flowers in their natural haunts, described by A. R. Horwood, with 64 plates in col. representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illus. from photo. London, Gresham Pub. Co., 1919. url p. 88.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 129, p. 145, p. 148, p. 151, p. 152, p. 172, p. 5.
- A popular California flora, or, Manual of botany for beginners. With illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to the Pacific Coast. To which is added an Analytical key to west coast botany. Containing brief descripti San Francisco, The Whitaker & Ray Co., 1896. url p. 22.
- A popular California flora: or, Manual of botany for beginners with illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to the Pacific Coast; to which is added an analytical key to west coast botany, containing brief descripti by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1896. url p. 22.
- A popular California flora: or, manual of botany for beginners. ..: to which is added an analytical key to West Coast botany. .. / by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Bancroft, 1888. url p. 22.
- A popular flora of Denver, Colorado, / by Alice Eastwood. San Francisco: Zoe Publishing Company. ..,  url p. 5.
- A preliminary list of the plants of New Brunswick compiled by James Fowler; with assistance of members of New Brunswick Natural History Society. Saint John, N.B.: Ellis, Robertson & Co., 1885. url .
- A preliminary report on the biology of Harding County, northwestern South Dakota / by Stephen S. Visher. Pierre, S.D.: State Publishing Co., 1914. url p. 46.
- A provisional list of the parasitic fungi of Wisconsin. Madison, 1914 url p. 108, p. 97.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 11.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 59.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 114, p. 12, p. 130, p. 133, p. 158, p. 194, p. 309, p. 312, p. 35, p. 406, p. 44, p. 47, p. 470, p. 512, p. 52, p. 534, p. 538, p. 541, p. 544, p. 589, p. 66, p. 70, p. 75, p. 75, p. 81, p. 87, p. 90, p. 92, p. 97.
- Additions to the flora of Connecticut / E.B. Harger. .. [et al.]. Boston?: New England Botanical Club, 1917? url p. 225.
- Additions to the list of New Brunswick plants (continued from last year's report) / by James Fowler. Fredericton, N.B.?: s.n., 1880? url .
- Alaska / Harriman Alaska Expedition. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1901-1910. url p. 35.
- Alaska. New York, Doubleday, Page & company, 1901- url p. 35.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 306, p. 309.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 181, p. 181.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 281, p. 287.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 213, p. 213, p. 37, p. 37.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 366.
- Annual report / Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. St. Paul: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1872-1898. url p. 24.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 102.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 442, p. 442.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 466.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 162, p. 257, p. 257.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 93.
- Annual report of the Regents of the University on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History, with catalogues of the same. Albany, N.Y.: The University, 1848-1873. url p. 29, p. 37.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the Connecticut Board of Agriculture. Hartford: The Board, 1867-1925. url p. 28.
- Annual report of the State Botanist of the State of New York. Albany: Troy Press, 1889-1897. url .
- Annual report of the regents of the university of the state of New York on the condition of the State Cabinet of Natural History and the historical and antiquarian collection annexed thereto. Albany, Regents of the University of the State of New York. url p. 15.
- Annual report. United States Geological and Geographical Survey of the Territories. 1st-12th, 1867-1878. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1867-83. url p. 473, p. 755.
- Annual reports and proceedings of the Belfast Naturalists' Field Club. url p. 139, p. 151, p. 160, p. 263, p. 328, p. 362, p. 531, p. 685, p. 80.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 964.
- Archiv for mathematik og naturvidenskab. Oslo [etc.]O. Norlis [etc.] url p. 11.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 106.
- Bibliographical index to North American botany; or, Citations of authorities for all the recorded indigenous and naturalized species of the flora of North America, with a chronological arrangement of the synonymy. by Sereno Watson. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1878. url p. 448, p. 48, p. 50, p. 74.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 242.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 364, p. 415, p. 447.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url , p. 82.
- Botany of Yakutat Bay, Alaska / by Frederick Vernon Coville; with a field report by Frederick Funston. Washington: GPO, 1895 [i.e. 1896] url .
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 28.
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 29.
- Botany. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1871. url .
- Brigham Young University science bulletin. 4 1964 Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, [1955-1976] url p. 17, p. 47.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 290, p. 290.
- British wild flowers: familiarly described in the four seasons for the use of beginners and amateurs / by Thomas Moore. London, Reeve, 1867. url p. 195.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 857.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 19 1930 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 9.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 394, p. 395.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 102, p. 935, p. 941.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 16, p. 65.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 169.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1898 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 139.
- Bulletin of the Philosophical Society of Washington. 25 1883 Washington, D.C.: Published by the co-operation of the Smithsonian Institution, [1874- url p. 69, p. 77.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 44 1917 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 103, p. 58.
- Bulletins. Minneapolis url p. 372.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 169.
- Catalogue of local botanical and palæontological specimens prepared by the Hamilton Association, 1896-97. S.l.: s.n., 1897? url .
- Catalogue of plants found in New Jersey by N. L. Britton. Trenton: John L. Murphy Pub. Co., 1889 url p. 48.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 997.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 997.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 211.
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous and filicoid plants of Newcastle County, Delaware: arranged according to the natural system, as recently revised by Prof. A. Gray and others; with the synonyms of modern authors / by Edward Tatnall. Wilmington, Del.: Wilmington Institute: sold by J.T. Heald, 1860. url p. 98.
- Catalogue of the phanerogams and ferns of Licking County, Ohio. Granville, Ohio, Press of Granville Times, 1892. url .
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 47.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 88, p. 90.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 1 1835 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 295.
- Conserving globally rare plants on lands administered by the Dillon Office of the Bureau of Land Management / Helena, MT: Natural Heritage Program, c2003. url .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1899- url p. 545.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 168, p. 196, p. 28, p. 291, p. 293, p. 332, p. 336, p. 351.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam [Aberdeen]Printed for the University1912- url p. 11.
- Contributions to the flora of Siam. .. / by William Grant Craib. .. [Aberdeen]: Printed for the University of Aberdeen, 1912- url p. 11.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Contributions towards a fauna and flora of the county of Cork, read at the meeting of the British association held at Cork in the year 1843. The Vertebrata by Dr. Harvey. The Mollusca, Crustacea and Echinodermata by J.D. Humphreys. The flora by Dr. Power. (Published by the Cuvierian society of Cork) London, J. Van Voorst, 1845. url p. 7.
- Cybele Britannica: or British Plants and their geographical relations. London, 1847-59. url p. 140, p. 143, p. 383.
- Danish fungi as represented in the herbarium of E. Rostrup / revised by J. Lind. Copenhagen: Gyldendalske boghandel, 1913. url p. 228, p. 229, p. 64.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 388.
- Descriptive botany. A practical guide to the classification of plants, with a popular flora. By Eliza A. Youmans. New York, D. Appleton and company.1885. url p. 337.
- Diseases of plants induced by cryptogamic parasites: introduction to the study of pathogenic Fungi, slime-Fungi, bacteria, & Algae / London; Longmans, Green & co., 1897. url .
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url , .
- Elements of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1904, pref. 1906] url .
- English botany, or, Coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: R. Hardwicke, 1863-1886. url p. 395.
- English botany, or, coloured figures of British plants / edited by John T. Boswell Syme; the popular portion by Mrs. Lankester; the figures by J. Sowerby, J. de C. Sowerby, J.W. Salter, and John Edward Sowerby. London: G. Bell, 1873. url p. 166, p. 167.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 43.
- Essays in geobotany in honor of William Albert Setchell, edited by T.H. Goodspeed. Berkeley, Calif., University of California Press, 1936. url p. 7.
- Essentials of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1908] url , .
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 113.
- Ferns and flowering plants of South Dakota. Sioux Falls, S.D.: W.A. Beach, 1899 url p. 151.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 168, index, page 571.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 169.
- Field, forest, and garden botany, a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the Mississippi, both wild and cultivated. New York, Ivison, Phinney, Blakeman, 1869. url p. 54.
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 204.
- Flora Scotica; or, A description of Scottish plants, arranged both according to the artificial and natural methods. London, Printed by R. and A. Taylor, for A. Constable, 1821. url p. 288.
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 19.
- Flora metropolitana; or, Botanical rambles within thirty miles of London, being the results of numerous excursions made in 1833, 34, 35. .. intended for the student in practical botany. .. London, S. Highley, 1836. url p. 21, p. 36.
- Flora of Ann Arbor and vicinity. Ann Arbor, [Mich.]: Courier Steam Print. House, 1876. url p. 88.
- Flora of Burlington and vicinity; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation, by Nellie F. Flynn. Burlington, Free Press Printing Co., 1911. url p. 44, p. 44.
- Flora of Cambridgeshire; or, A catalogue of plants found in the county of Cambridge; with references to former catalogues, and the localities of the rarer species. London, J. Van Voorst, 1860. url .
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url , .
- Flora of Derbyshire: flowering plants, higher cryptogams, mosses and hepatics, Characeae. London, Bemrose & Sons Ltd., 1903. url p. 11, p. 16.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 352, p. 50.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 505.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 490.
- Flora of Lancaster County: being descriptions of the seed-plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania / by John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York: The authors, 1913. url p. 138.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, by L. L. Dame and F. S. Collins. Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url p. 6, p. 6.
- Flora of Middlesex: a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county: with sketches of its Physical Geography and climate and of the progress of Middlesex Botany during the last three centuries. London, R. Hardwicke1869. url , p. 349.
- Flora of Middlesex; a topographical and historical account of the plants found in the county; with sketches of its physical geography and climate, and of the progress of Middlesex botany during the last three centuries, by Henry Trimen and William T. Thiselton Dyer. With a map. London, Robert Hardwicke, 1869. url p. 347.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 73.
- Flora of Pennsylvania, Boston, Ginn & Company, 1903. url .
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 155.
- Flora of Plymouth: an account of the flowering plants and ferns found within twelve miles of the town; history of local botanical investigation. London, J. Van Voorst, 1880. url p. 24, p. 404.
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 116.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 149.
- Flora of the Bristol coal-field. Edited (for the Bristol Naturalists' Society) by James Walter White. .. Bristol, J. Fawn & Son [etc.]1881- url p. 15.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 168.
- Flora of the Miami Valley, Ohio /c by A.P. Morgan. Dayton, Ohio: Literary Union, 1878. url p. 9.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 359, p. 59, p. 63, p. 68.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url .
- Flora of the Yellowstone National Park / by Frank Tweedy. Washington, D.C.: Published by the author, 1886. url p. 27, p. 27.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 170.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 1324, p. 483, p. 483, p. 484.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the southern United States, containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; arranged according to the natural system by A.W. Chapman. New York, American Book Company url p. 27.
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 293.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 293.
- Flora vectensis: being a systematic description of the phænogamous or flowering plants and ferns indigenous to the Isle of Wight. London, W. Pamplin, 1856. url .
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Flowers of the field. Rev. throughout and edited by Clarence Elliott. With an appendix including the Pipe-wort tribe (Eriocauleae) the Sedge tribe (Cyperaceae) and the Grass tribe (Gramineae) LondonG. Routledge[n.d.] url p. 25.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 393.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- Gray's school and field book of botany, consisting of "Lessons in botany, " and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume / by Asa Gray... New York: American Book co.,  url p. 54.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 248, p. 250.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 111.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 29, p. 31.
- Handbook of the Torquay flora; comprising the flowering plants and ferns growing in and around Torquay, with their respective habitats. By Robert Stewart, M.R.C.S. London, E. Croydon, Royal Library;1860. url p. 8.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and New Castle County, Delaware, with keys for identification comp. by Ida A. Keller and Stewardson Brown. Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url p. 164.
- Handbook to Bath; prepared on the occasion of the visit of the British Association, 1888. Bath, I. Pitman and Sons, 1888. url .
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 169, p. 212, p. 216, p. 30, p. 59, p. 62.
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 489, p. 81.
- Harriman Alaska series. City of Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1910-1914. url p. 35.
- Harriman Alaska series. vol. I-V, VIII-XIV Washington, D.C., Smithsonian Institution, 1910-14 url p. 35.
- Hooker, W. J. Botanical miscellany. 1 1830 London: J. Murray, 1830-1833. url p. 84, p. 84.
- Hooker, W. J. Flora boreali-americana, or, the botany of the northern parts of British America: compiled principally from the plants collected by Dr. Richardson & Mr. Drummond on the late northern expeditions, under command of Captain Sir John Franklin, R.N. To which are added (by permission of the Horticultural society of London, ) those of Mr. Douglas, from north-west America, and of other naturalists /by Sir William Jackson Hooker. 1 1840 London, H.G. Bohn -1840. url p. 40.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 181.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url p. 12, p. 333.
- Humboldt; Monatsschrift für die gesamten Naturwissenschaften. Stuttgart, F. Enke, 1882-90. url p. 202.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 765.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, Ginn and company[c1914] url .
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 106.
- Island life: or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates / London: Macmillan, 1911. url p. 514, p. 549.
- Island life; or, the phenomena and causes of insular faunas and floras, including a revision and attempted solution of the problem of geological climates, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London, Macmillan, 1880. url p. 549.
- Johnson's Gardeners' dictionary and cultural instructor. London, A. T. De La Mare printing and publishing co., ltd. url p. 883.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 97.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 745, p. 747, p. 748, p. 756.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 48 1910 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 11, p. 113, p. 119, p. 12, p. 136, p. 140, p. 15, p. 152, p. 155, p. 180, p. 181, p. 207, p. 213, p. 227, p. 236, p. 249, p. 282, p. 293, p. 301, p. 318, p. 335, p. 377, p. 385, p. 385, p. 39, p. 391, p. 398, p. 42, p. 43, p. 45, p. 46, p. 478, p. 54, p. 6, p. 6, p. 7, p. 8, p. 9.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 1 1834 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 191.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 19 1999 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 208.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 106.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 319.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 319.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 319.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 507, p. 509, p. 510, p. 527, p. 545, p. 546, p. 60.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 174.
- Magazine of zoology and botany. Edinburgh; Dublin. url p. 528.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1856. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by Charles Cardale Babington. London: John Van Voorst, 1856. url p. 23.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1064.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi, and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / New York: American Book Company, c1889. url p. 66.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 463, p. 464.
- Manual of the natural history, geology and physics of Greenland and the neighbouring regions / prepared for the use of the Arctic expedition of 1875, under the direction of the Arctic Committee of the London: Printed for H.M.S.O., 1875. url , .
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 388.
- Memoirs of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. [Boston: The Academy, url p. 7.
- Memoirs of the Literary and Philosophical Society of Manchester. Manchester: The Society, 1785-1879. url p. 189.
- Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden. New York: The Garden, 1900- url p. 186, p. 186.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 5 1893 - 18 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 174.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Midland naturalist. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1878- url p. 128, p. 210, p. 253.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url , p. 1016, p. 970.
- Miyabe-festschrift, or A collection of botanical papers presented to Prof. Dr. Kingo Miyabe on the occasion of the twenty-fifth anniversary of his academic service by his friends and pupils. Tokio, Rokumeikwan, 1911. url p. 322.
- Mountain wild flowers of America: a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds / by Julia W. Henshaw. Boston: Ginn, 1906. url p. 16, p. 377.
- Mountain wild flowers of America; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, by Julia W. Henshaw. Boston, Ginn, 1906. url p. 377, p. 377.
- Mountain wild flowers of Canada; a simple and popular guide to the names and descriptions of the flowers that bloom above the clouds, Julia W. Henshaw. Toronto, Briggs, 1906. url p. 377.
- Narrative of an expedition through the upper Mississippi to Itasca Lake, the actual source of this river embracing an exploratory trip through the St. Croix and Burntwood (or Broule) rivers in 1832, under the direction of Henry R. Schoolcraft. New York: Harper & Brothers, 1834. url .
- Narrative of the expedition of an American squadron to the China Seas and Japan: performed in the years 1852, 1853, and 1854, under the command of Commodore M.C. Perry, United States Navy, by order of the Government of the United States / Compiled from the original notes and journals of Commodore Perry and his officers, at his request, and under his supervision, by Francis L. Hawks. Washington: Beverley Tucker, printer, 1856. url , p. 307.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 31.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 53.
- Natural history of the district. .., together with a geological account of the rock strata, and the fossils contained in them, Part II [in The Teignmouth, Dawlish, and Torquay Guide., , , by N. T. Carrington] Teignmouth, E. Croydon, 1830. url .
- Nature's garden: With many color illustrations. Garden City, N. Y., : Garden City Pub. Co., [c1900] url , .
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors / text by Neltje Blanchan; with colored plates and many other illustratins potographed directly form nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1900. url p. 401.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 192, index of scientific names, page 401.
- New manual of botany of the central Rocky mountains (vascular plants) Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1909] url .
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1904 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 124, p. 134, p. 196, p. 197, p. 200, p. 218, p. 234, p. 236, p. 258, p. 290, p. 294, p. 308, p. 315, p. 318, p. 319, p. 324, p. 326, p. 375, p. 407, p. 426, p. 474, p. 80.
- Notes on the flora of Connecticut / [prepared by A.W. Driggs]. [Hartford]: State Board of Education, 1901. url p. 15.
- Novon a journal of botanical nomenclature from the Missouri Botanical Garden. 9 1999 St. Louis, MO: Missouri Botanical Garden, url p. 306, p. 382.
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 568, p. 608.
- On the fauna and flora of the west of Scotland. Meeting at Glasgow, September, 1876. Glasgow, Blackie, 1876 url p. 56.
- Outlines of botany for the high school laboratory and classroom (based on Gray's Lessons in botany) by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt. .. prepared at the request of the Botanical Department of Harvard University. New York, American Book Co. url p. 66.
- Physiographical sketch of that portion of the Rocky Mountain Range: at the head waters of South Clear Creek and east of Middle Park: with an enumeration of the plants collected in this district in the summer months of 1861 /by C.C. Parry. 1862 New Haven: s.n., 1862? url p. 14.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 419, p. 71.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 273.
- Plantae Fendlerianae Novi-Mexicanae: an account of a collection of plants made chiefly in the vicinity of Santa Fe? New Mexico, by Augustus Fendler /with descriptions of the new species, critical remarks and characters of other undescribed or little known plants from surrounding regions by Asa Gray. 1848 Boston, 1848 url p. 7.
- Popular field botany; containing a familiar and technical description of the plants most common to the various localities of the British Isles, adapted to the study of either the artificial or natural systems. London, Reeve, Benham & Reeve, 1849. url , p. 105.
- Postelsia: the year book of the Minnesota Seaside Station. St. Paul, Minn.: Pioneer Press, 1902-1906. url , , p. 110, p. 110.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits by George Lincoln Walton. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 97.
- Preliminary report of explorations in Nebraska and Dakota, in the years 1855-'56-'57, by Lieut. G.K. Warren, Topographical Engineers. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1875. url p. 111.
- Proceedings - Cambridge Philosophical Society. Cambridge [etc.]Cambridge Philosophical Society [etc.] url p. 217.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 57.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 80.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 377, p. 466, p. 568, p. 663.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 120, p. 135, p. 178, p. 202, p. 202.
- Proceedings of the Natural History Society of Glasgow. Glasgow, Natural History Society of Glasgow. url , p. 165.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 46.
- Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 1841- url p. 18, p. 215, p. 26, p. 533, p. 557, p. 62, p. 700, p. 75.
- Proceedings. Dorchester [etc.] url p. 104, p. 76.
- Rare plant inventory and plant community descriptions of the Sweet Grass Hills, Proposed Area of Critical Environmental Concern (PACEC), Toole and Liberty Counties, Montana / prepared for United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management; prepared by Western Technology and Engineering, Inc. in cooperation with Montana Natural Heritage Program. Helena, MT: Western Technology and Engineering, Inc.,  url .
- Report and Transactions of the Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists Glasgow:Glasgow Society of Field Naturalists, 1873-77. url p. 63.
- Report for the year - British Columbia Provincial Museum. [Victoria]; Printed by A. Sutton [etc.], for the Queen. url .
- Report of the Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: James B. Lyon, State Printer, 1867-1924. url p. 13, p. 29, p. 37.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url , .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 122, p. 168.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 102.
- Report of the geological exploration of the fortieth parallel / Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1870-80 url .
- Report on the herbaceous flowering plants of Massachusetts, arranged according to the natural orders of Lindley, and illustrated chiefly by popular descriptions of their character, properties, and use Pub. agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the commissioners on the zoological and botanical survey of the state. Cambridge, Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, Printers to the University, 1840. url p. 38.
- Report. Victoria, B.C. url p. 14, p. 21, p. 39.
- Reports of explorations and surveys, to ascertain the most practicable and economical route for a railroad from the Mississippi River to the Pacific Ocean. Made under the direction of the secretary of war, in 1853-. .. Washington, A.O.P. Nicholson, Printer [etc.]1855-60. url p. 41, p. 41, p. 56, p. 56, p. 65.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 267, p. 680, p. 681, p. 727.
- Reports on the herbaceous plants and on the quadrupeds of Massachusetts: published agreeably to an order of the Legislature by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State. Cambridge: Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, 1840. url p. 38.
- Rhopalocera nihonica: a description of the butterflies of Japan. By H. Pryer. Yokohama, Office of the "Japan mail": pub. by the author[1886-89] url p. 6.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 18.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 290.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 46.
- Seemann, B. The botany of the voyage of H.M.S. Herald: under the command of Captain Henry Kellett, R.N., C.B., during the years 1845-51 /by Berthold Seemann. 1852-1857 London: Lovell Reeve, 1852-1857. url p. 436, p. 51.
- Sensitive plant survey in the Sweetgrass Hills, Liberty and Toole Counties, Montana / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel; prepared for Bureau of Land Management. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 18, p. 19.
- Sensitive plant survey in the Tendoy Mountains, Beaverhead County, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst and Peter Lesica; prepared for Bureau of Land Management, Butte District. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, . url .
- Sensitive plant survey of the Sage Creek Area, Beaverhead County, Montana, Dillon Resource Area, Bureau of Land Management / prepared by Peter Lesica and Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for USDI Bureau of Land Management, Butte District. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 38.
- Sensitive plant survey of the Tendoy Mountains, in the Beaverhead National Forest, Beaverhead County, Montana / prepared by Jim Vanderhorst; prepared for United States Forest Service, Beaverhead National Forest. Helena, Mt.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 63.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 1324.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 15 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 448, p. 50, p. 74.
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 43.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 90.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 126.
- Sport in Norway, and where to find it. Together with a short account of the vegetable productions of the country. To which is added, a list of the Alpine flora of the Dovre fjeld and of the Norwegian ferns, &c. By M. R. Barnard. .. London, Chapman and Hall, 1864. url p. 279.
- Spring flora of the Wasatch region / by A.O. Garrett. Salt Lake City: Skelton Publishing, 1911. url p. 33.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Sub-alpine plants: or, Flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / by H. Stuart Thompson; with 33 coloured plates (168 figures) by George Flemwell. London: Dutton, 1912. url p. 72.
- Sub-alpine plants: or, flowers of the Swiss woods and meadows / [London]: E.P. Dutton & Co., 1912. url .
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 14, p. 14, p. 23, p. 41, p. 53, p. 56.
- Synoptical flora of North America. New York, American Book Company, 1878-1895/97 [v.2, pt. 1, 1878] url p. 162, p. 470, p. 470.
- The American botanist and florist: including lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants; together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the America By Alphonso Wood. .. Chicago, A. S. Barnes & Company, 1873 [c1870] url p. 37.
- The American journal of science and arts. New-Haven: S. Converse, url p. 49.
- The American journal of science. 33 1862 New Haven, Kline Geology Laboratory, Yale University. url p. 243, p. 49, p. 73.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 100, p. 236, p. 39, p. 412, p. 80.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 14, p. 340, p. 340, p. 473.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 121, p. 121, p. 126, p. 126, p. 168, p. 171, p. 226, p. 226, p. 231, p. 247, p. 35, p. 38, p. 38, p. 38, p. 45.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous, or flowering plants and the ferns / by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1838- url p. 252.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 442.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 70 1956 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 116, p. 118, p. 129, p. 14, p. 16, p. 166, p. 204, p. 39, p. 50, p. 507, p. 508, p. 55, p. 613, p. 624, p. 629, p. 72, p. 76, p. 87, p. 89.
- The Canadian journal of science, literature and history. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1868-1878. url p. 292, p. 300.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 3.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 282.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url , p. 173.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 321, p. 336.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1824-36. url p. 213, p. 213.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 300.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1040, p. 1072.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 245, p. 632, p. 658.
- The Glasgow naturalist. Glasgow, Andersonian Naturalists of Glasgow. url p. 132.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 43 1983 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 144, figs. 7-8, page 153, p. 158, p. 158, p. 162, p. 252, p. 261, p. 281, p. 295, p. 296, p. 7.
- The International Phytogeographical Excursion in the British Isles (1911): a record and some notes by various phytogeographers who took part in the excursion. Cambridge: New phytologist, 1913. url p. 24.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , , p. 102, p. 114, p. 124, p. 135, p. 147, p. 182, p. 189, p. 189, p. 235, p. 237, p. 285, p. 332, p. 37, p. 61, p. 63, p. 95.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 67.
- The Journal of microscopy and natural science. [London: W. P. Collins, 1884- url p. 266.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 523, p. 72.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 14 1875 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 394.
- The Macrolepidoptera of the world; a systematic description of the hitherto known Macrolepidoptera, ed. in collaboration with well-known specialists. Stuttgart: Seitz'schen (Kernen), 1906- url p. 47.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 227, p. 73.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 680, p. 681, p. 727.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 267, p. 680, p. 681, p. 727, p. 765.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 156, p. 189, p. 193, p. 229, p. 269, p. 29, p. 49, p. 52.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 293.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 125, p. 132, p. 154, p. 170, p. 193, p. 196, p. 206, p. 220, p. 231, p. 232, p. 254, p. 259, p. 260, p. 276, p. 322, p. 33, p. 337, p. 351, p. 379, p. 385, p. 402, p. 404, p. 406, p. 43, p. 556, p. 603, p. 609, p. 610, p. 621, p. 665, p. 93, p. 99.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 1016, p. 102, p. 105, p. 1066, p. 120, p. 240, p. 261, p. 301, p. 309, p. 323, p. 341, p. 38, p. 424, p. 451, p. 539, p. 577, p. 628, p. 735, p. 810.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 189, p. 357, p. 358.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 365.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 173, p. 438.
- The Quarterly journal of science. London: J. Churchill and Sons, etc., 1864-1879. url p. 569.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 176, p. 282, p. 58, p. 74.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 48 1969 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 559.
- The University of Missouri studies. Columbia, Mo.: The University, 1905- url p. 250.
- The Victoria history of Berkshire. edited by P.H. Ditchfield and William Page. [LondonConstable]1906-1923 url p. 56.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 42.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 159, p. 195.
- The century supplement to the dictionary of gardening, a practical and scientific encyclopaedia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists / by Geo. Nicholson. .. [et al.]. Hyde Park, Mass.: Geo. T. King; 1901. url p. 79.
- The constitution and by-laws of the Ann Arbor Scientific Association with the proceedings for the year ending May 1, 1876.. ... Ann Arbor, Courier Steam Printing House, 1876. url p. 88.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 320, p. 432.
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 102, p. 656.
- The field botanist's companion: comprising a familiar account, in the four seasons, of the most common of the wild flowering plants of the British Isles / by Thomas Moore. London: L. Reeve, 1862. url p. 195.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 36.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire, including part of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, by G.F. Scott-Elliot. Assisted by J. M'Andrew [and others] DumfriesJ. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 12, p. 212, p. 214, p. 216.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 12, p. 214, p. 216.
- The flora of Oxfordshire and its contiguous counties: (comprising the flowering plants only;) arranged in easy and familiar language according to the Linnaean and natural systems; preceded by an introduction to botany / Oxford: H. Slatter, 1833. url p. 193, p. 193.
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url , , .
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 204.
- The flora of the Rocky Mountains by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1900? url .
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries. [Willard Nelson Clute]. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1901. url p. 3.
- The geological and natural history survey of Minnesota: the twelfth annual report for the year 1883 / N.H. Winchell. Minneapolis: Johnson, Smith & Harrison, 1884. url p. 24.
- The history of Harting, by the Rev. H.D. Gordon. With a chapter on the geology of the district, by the late Sir Roderick Impey Murchison, and some notice of its fauna and flora, by J. Weaver. London: Printed for the authors by W. Davy, 1877. url p. 481.
- The letters of Rusticus on the natural history of Godalming. Extracted from the Magazine of natural history, the Entomological magazine, and the Entomologist. London: Printed for John Van Voorst, 1849. url p. 136.
- The natural history of Washington territory, with much relating to Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oregon, and California, between the thirty-sixth and forty-ninth parallels of latitude, being those parts of the final reports on the survey of the N By J. G. Cooper, M. D., and Dr. G. Suckley. .. This edition contains a new preface, giving a sketch of the explorations, a classified table of contents, and the latest additions by the authors. With f London, Baillière brothers, 1859. url , p. 52.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url .
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 113, p. 205, p. 23, p. 271, p. 298, p. 322, p. 403.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 47.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The survey of western Palestine. The fauna and flora of Palestine, by H. B. Tristram. London, The Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund, 1884. url p. 219.
- The transactions of the Yorkshire Naturalists' Union. Leeds [etc.] url , , , , , p. 129, p. 156, p. 177, p. 215, p. 227, p. 259, p. 46, p. 66.
- The vegetation of the Siberian-Mongolian frontiers (the Sayansk region) [Trondhjem]K. Norske Videnskabers Selskab url , .
- The wild-flowers of Selborne and other papers by John Vaughan. London, J. Lane, 1906. url p. 54, p. 54.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url , , .
- Torrey, J. & A. Gray A flora of North America: containing abridged descriptions of all the known indigenous and naturalized plants growing north of Mexico, arranged according to the natural system /by John Torrey and Asa Gray. New York: Wiley & Putnam, 1838-. url p. 78.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 166, p. 167, p. 75, p. 88.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 111, p. 14, p. 272, p. 272, p. 28, p. 85.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 485.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 89.
- Transactions of the Illinois natural history society. Ed. by C.D. Wilber. Springfield, 1861. url p. 140.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 231.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London. London: [The Society], 1791-1875. url p. 272, p. 272, p. 284.
- Transactions of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society. [S.l.: s.n.], 1843-1920. url p. 268, p. 99.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Newcastle-upon-Tyne [et al.]F. & W. Dodsworth [et al.]1865/67-1973. url p. 127, p. 174, p. 40, p. 91.
- Transactions of the Tyneside Naturalists' Field Club. Newcastle-upon-Tyne: F. & W. Dodsworth, 1850-1864. url p. 318, p. 435, p. 7.
- Transactions of the Watford Natural History Society and Hertfordshire Field Club. London: Hardwicke and Bogue, 1875-1880. url p. 21.
- Transactions of the. .. annual meetings of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: Kansas Pub. House, 1883-1901. url p. 158.
- Travels in the central Caucasus and Bashan; including visits to Ararat and Tabreez and ascents of Kazbek and Elbruz. By Douglas W. Freshfield. London: Longmans, Green, & co., 1869. url p. 502.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 349.
- Update to the status review of Claytonia lanceolata var. flava U.S.D.A. Forest Service, Region 1, Gallatin National Forest, Montana / prepared by Lisa Schassberger Roe. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 23, p. 26, p. 8.
- Vascular plant and sensitive plant species inventory for the highland mountains, Deerlodge National Forest; prepared for Deerlodge National Forest / prepared by Peter Lesica. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 22.
- Vegetation of the Peak District / C. E. Moss. Cambridge: University Press, 1913. url p. 119, p. 126, p. 14.
- Vegetation of the Peak District. Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url p. 119, p. 14.
- Watson, S. Botany /by Sereno Watson, aided by Daniel C. Eaton, and others. 5 1871 Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1871. url p.
- West Coast botany: an analytical key to the flora of the Pacific Coast in which are described over eighteen hundred species of flowering plants growing west of the Sierra Nevada and Cascade crests, from San Diego to Pug by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1898. url p. 87.
- Wild flowers of the North American mountains. New York, McBride, 1917. url p. 136, p. 19, p. 369.
- Withering, W. A systematic arrangement of British plants: with an easy introduction to the study of botany. 3 1801 London: Printed for T. Cadell, jun [etc.], 1801. url p. 578.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1891 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 290.
- "Arabis hirsuta". in Flora of China Vol. 8 Page 116. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Brassicaceae species checklist and database. Release date: December 10, 2009
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed November 11, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 9 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 25, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3889999
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Mus-383
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2490700
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:278269-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 414101
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 184344
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 278268-1
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDBRA060U0
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ARHI
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 21919
- "Arabis". in Flora of China Vol. 8 Page 113. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 161.720 meters (530.577 feet), Standard Deviation = 208.090 based on 3,659 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]