Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Chinese:
chou Chun Huang Ju, Chou Gan Ju
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Common Names in English:
Chamomile, Dog Fennel, Dog´s Fennel, Dog-Fennel, Dogfennel, Mayweed, Mayweed Dogfennel, Mayweed Chamomile, Mayweed Dogfennel, Stinking Chamomile, Stinking Chamomile Anthemis Cotula, Stinking Mayweed, Stinkweed
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Anthémis Puant, Anthémis Puante, Camomille Bâtarde, Camomille Des Chiens, Camomille Puante, Oeil De Vache
Common Names in German:
Hundskamille, Stinkende Hundskamille
Common Names in Italian:
Camomilla Fetida, Camomilla Mezzana
Common Names in Norwegian:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Camomila-De-Cachorro, Macéla-Fétida, Macela-Fétida
Common Names in Romanian:
Common Names in Russian:
Pupavka Sobač'ja, Pupavka Sobach´ia, пупавка собачья
Common Names in Spanish:
Manzanilla, Manzanilla Hedionda
Common Names in Swedish:
The largest family of flowering plants , the Compositae (Asteraceae), comprising about 1,100 genera and more than 20,000 species and characterized by many small flowers arranged in a head looking like a single flower and subtended by an involucre of bracts. A head may consist of both ray flowers and disk flowers, as in the sunflower, of disk flowers only, as in the burdock, or of ray flowers only, as in the dandelion.
], mostly 5-90 cm (often aromatic
). Stems 1-5+, erect
, usually branched, strigillose
or strigoso-sericeous to villous
]. Leaves mostly cauline; alternate; petiolate
or sessile; blades
, 1-3-pinnately lobed
to lobed, faces
glabrous or strigillose to villous [glabrous or sericeous to lanate]. Heads radiate
], borne singly or in lax
arrays (peduncles sometimes clavate
in fruit). Involucres obconic to hemispheric
or broader, 5-13[-20] mm diam. Phyllaries persistent
, mostly 21-35+ in 3-5 series, distinct
, deltate to lanceolate, oblong
, or elliptic
, unequal, margins and apices (hyaline
and colorless or brownish [black]) scarious
. Receptacles hemispheric to narrowly conic, paleate (wholly or only distally) ; paleae ± flat, scarious to indurate
or elliptic to obovate with mucronate
to acuminate-spinose tips
). Ray florets [0 or 2-]5-20[-30+], pistillate
or styliferous and sterile
; corollas usually white, rarely yellow or pink, laminae
mostly oblong (tubes
). Disc florets (60-) 100-300+, bisexual
, fertile; corollas usually yellow, rarely pink, tubes ± cylindric
(usually proximally dilated
, ± spongy
in fruit, sometimes hairy, not saccate
5, ± triangular (abaxially minutely crested
). Cypselae obovoid
to obconic or turbinate
(circular or 4-angled in cross
usually 9-10 (0) and smooth
, faces glabrous (pericarps with myxogenic cells
) ; pappi 0 or coroniform
. x = 9.
Species 175: introduced ; Europe, sw Asia, n, e Africa; introduced in s Africa, Pacific Islands (New Zealand), Australia.
Species Anthemis cotula
, (5-) 15-35(-90) cm, usually ill-scented. Stems
green (sometimes red-tinged), usually erect
, branched mostly distally
or ± throughout, glabrous
, or sparsely
to strigoso-sericeous (glabrescent
and gland-dotted. Leaf blades 25-55 × 15-30 mm, 1-2-pinnately
. Peduncles mostly (2-) 4-6(-15) cm. Involucres
5-9 mm diam., ± villosulous
to arachnose. Receptacles
paleate mostly distally; paleae subulate
2-3+ mm (often
gland-dotted). Ray florets 10-15, styliferous and sterile
corollas white, laminae
Disc corollas 2-2.5 mm (sparsely
gland-dotted). Cypselae 1.3-2 mm, ribs
often gland-dotted) ; pappi 0. 2n =
18. Flowering (Apr-) May-Aug(-Oct). [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May, June, July, August, September. • Flower Color: near white, white
Size: 18-24" tall.
Disturbed sites, clearings, fields , roadsides; 10-600(-1500+) m (Ref. 51311).
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 4,212 meters (0 to 13,819 feet).
Culture: Space 12-15" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 6.6 • Maximum pH: 8.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: Not Applicable (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Lindley, 1833
- Family: Compositae () - Giseke, 1792, nom. cons., nom. alt.
- Order: Asterales () - Lindley, 1833
- Superorder: Campanulanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Anthemis foetida Lamarck • Chamaemelum cotula (L.) All. • Chamaemelum cotula (Linnaeus) Allioni • Maruta cotula (Linnaeus) De Candolle • Maruta cotula< /i> (L.) Dc.
Status: Accepted Name
Comment: Data Providers: CONABIO, Caribbean Checklist , African Flowering Plants Database , SANBI, New Zealand Plant Name Database, Flora of Japan, Govaerts World Compositae Checklist A-G, IPNI, Flora of China Checklist, Tropicos, Euro+Med, Flora of Tasmania Online. GCC LSID: urn :lsid:compositae.org:names:C2094573-91D0-4FCD-A6BE-E1FA3DBCF969
Last scrutiny: 13-Nov-09
Members of the genus Anthemis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 26 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
A. altissima (Tall Camomile) · A. arvensis (Corn Chamomile) · A. arvensis L. var. arvensis L. (Corn Chamomile) · A. arvensis var. arvensis (Corn Chamomile) · A. austriaca (Austrian Chamomile) · A. biebersteiniana (Alpine Chamomile) · A. carpatica 'Karpatenschnee' (Snow Carpet Marguerite) · A. carpatica 'Snow Carpet' (Mountain Dog-Daisy) · A. cotula (Chamomile) · A. cotula angustata (Chamomile) · A. cotula lithuanica (Stinking Chamomile) · A. cretica (Cretian Mat Daisy) · A. oppositifolia (Oppositeleaf Spotflower) · A. punctata cupaniana (Chamomile) · A. sancti-johannis (St. Johns Chamomile Anthemis Sancti-Johannis) · A. secundiramea (Prostrate Chamomile) · A. tinctoria (Dyers Chamomile) · A. tinctoria fussii (Dyer´s Chamomile) · A. tinctoria parnassica (Dyer´s Chamomile) · A. tinctoria tinctoria (Golden Chamomile) · A. tinctoria 'Charme' (Dyers Chamomile) · A. tinctoria 'E.c. Buxton' (Dyers Chamomile Anthemis Tinctoria E.c. Buxton) · A. tinctoria 'Kelwayi' (Dyers Chamomile) · A. tinctoria 'Moonlight' (Dyers Chamomile) · A. tinctoria 'Sauce Hollandaise' (Dyers Chamomile) · A. tinctoria 'Susanna Mitchell' (Dyers Chamomile)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A Flora of Berwick-upon-Tweed. By George Johnston, M.D. Edinburgh, J. Carfrae & Son; [etc., etc., ]1829-31. url p. 309.
- A Yosemite flora; a descriptive account of the ferns and flowering plants, including the trees, of the Yosemite National Park; with simple keys for their identification. .. by Harvey Monroe Hall and Carlotta Case Hall. San Francisco, Elder, 1912. url p. 261.
- A biological survey of the sand dune region on the south shore of Saginaw Bay, Michigan. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Lansing, Mich.: Wynkoop, Hallenbeck, Crawford co., state printers, 1911. url p. 118, p. 182, p. 211, p. 320.
- A botanical survey of the Sugar Grove region / by Robert F. Griggs. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 338.
- A contribution to the knowledge of the flora of southeastern Minnesota. [Boston, Heliotype Print. Co.]1900. url p. 414.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 74.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 43.
- A flora of the north-east of Ireland: including the Phanerogamia, the Cryptogamia vascularia, and the Muscineae / by Samuel Alexander Stewart and Thomas Hughes Corry. [Belfast]: Belfast Naturalists' Field Club; 1888. url p. 281, p. 330.
- A handbook of British Lepidoptera, by Edward Meyrick. London, Macmillan, 1895. url .
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 433.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L.H. Pammel. Cedar Rapids, Iowa: Torch Press, 1910-1911. url p. 139.
- A natural history of British moths. .. / by the Rev. F.O. Morris. London: H. E. Knox, 1871. url p. 216, p. 222.
- A new London flora; or, Handbook to the botanical localities of the metropolitan districts. Compiled from the latest authorities, and from personal observations. London, Hardwick and Bogue, 1877. url p. 4.
- A popular California flora, or Manual of botany for beginners. Containing descriptions of flowering plants growing in central California, and westward to the ocean. With illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to San Francisco, A.L. Bancroft, 1882. url p. 78.
- A popular California flora, or, Manual of botany for beginners: with illustrated introductory lessons especially adapted to the Pacific coast: to which is added an analytical key to West Coast botany, containing brief descript by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Bancroft, 1887. url p. 78.
- A popular California flora: or, Manual of botany for beginners with illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to the Pacific Coast; to which is added an analytical key to west coast botany, containing brief descripti by Volney Rattan. San Francisco: Whitaker & Ray, 1896. url p. 78.
- A popular California flora: or, manual of botany for beginners. ..: to which is added an Analytical key to west coast botany. .. / San Francisco: Bancroft, 1892. url .
- A practical course in botany, with especial reference to its bearings on agriculture, economics, and sanitation, Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1911] url .
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 55.
- A study of the vegetation of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho. .. Lincoln, Neb. url p. 109.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 70.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 142.
- A survey of natural areas in Tyrrell County, North Carolina: for The North Carolina Natural Heritage Program, Coastal Natural Area Inventory Project / Raleigh: North Carolina Coastal Energy Impact Program, Office of Coastal Management, North Carolina Dept. of Natural Resources and Community Development, [1982?] url p. 10.
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 457, p. 552.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 19, p. 20, p. 24, p. 245, p. 42, p. 56, p. 57, p. 58.
- American honey plants; together with those which are of special value to the beekeeper as sources of pollen. Hamilton, Ill., American Bee Journal, 1920. url p. 151, p. 289, p. 37, p. 59.
- American plants. .. [Descriptions, bibliographical notes, synonymy, and other information, comp. from many sources] Charles Russell Orcutt, editor. San Diego, Calif., -1910. url p. 251.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 885.
- An encyclopædia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. .. illustrated with many hundred engravings on wood by Branston. London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1827. url p. 885.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 610.
- An historical, geographical, commercial, and philosophical view of the United States of America, and of the European settlements in America and the West-Indies / by W. Winterbotham. New-York: Printed by Tiebout and O'Brien, for J. Reid, 1796. url p. 395.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 78.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organization, natural affinities, and geographical distribution of the whole vegetable kingdom; together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the arts, By John Lindley. New York, G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 197.
- An introduction to the study of botany, including a treatise on vegetable physiology, and descriptions of the most common plants in the middle and northern states. By J.L. Comstock. .. New York, Pratt, Woodford, Farmer & Brace, 1856 [c1854] url p. 419.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 244.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 1910-1918 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 501.
- Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York. New-York: 1824-1876. url p. 152, p. 154.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York, New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 135, p. 660.
- Annals of the South African Museum. Annale van die Suid-Afrikaanse Museum. Cape Town [etc., South African Museum, etc.] url p. 98.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 14, p. 17, p. 8.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 158, p. 7.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 526.
- Annual report of the Bureau of American Ethnology to the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: U. S. Govt. Print. Off., 1897- url p. 264.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url , p. 10, p. 100, p. 131, p. 158, p. 175, p. 180, p. 199, p. 205, p. 209, p. 235, p. 3, p. 5, p. 6.
- Annual report of the Ohio State Academy of Science. Columbus: The Academy, 1893-1930. url p. 14, p. 151, p. 19, p. 261, p. 363, p. 363, p. 59.
- Autumn notes in Iowa, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, The Torch press, 1914. url p. 165, p. 173.
- Birds of a Maryland farm: a local study of economic ornithology / Washington; G.P.O., 1902. url .
- Botany of the northern and middle states, or, A description of the plants found in the United States, north of Virginia: arranged according to the natural system: with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnaean system. .. / Albany: Printed by Webster and Skinners. .., 1833. url p. 212.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 717.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 158, p. 19, p. 7, p. 9.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 1061, p. 137, p. 141, p. 219.
- Bulletin / Illinois Natural History Survey. Urbana, State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration and Education, Natural History Survey Division, 1918-1985. url p. 167, p. 211, p. 213, p. 389, p. 393, p. 396, p. 580.
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 233, p. 338.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 102, p. 102, p. 147, p. 152, p. 152.
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 368, p. 368, p. 638.
- Bulletin of the Natural History Museum. London: The Natural History Museum, c1993-2002. url p. 132, p. 166.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 120, p. 61.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 43 1916 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 272.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url , p. 17, p. 18, p. 20, p. 27, p. 54.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 10, p. 12, p. 30, p. 35, p. 46, p. 7.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , .
- California art & nature San Diego url .
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 184, p. 331.
- California plants in their homes; a botanical reader for children [with supplement] Illustrated by Alice C. Cooper and Mary E. Lewis. Los Angeles, Cal., B. R. Baumgardt & co.1898. url p. 93.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 113.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 233.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url , , , p. 1766, p. 1767, p. 1869, p. 2025.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 121, p. 461, p. 50, p. 999.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 121, p. 461, p. 50.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 379, p. 389.
- Circular / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry, 1908-1913. url p. 8.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 114.
- Communications to the Board of agriculture, on subjects relative to the husbandry and internal improvement of the country. London: Printed by W. Bulmer, 1797-1811. url .
- Compositae newsletter. Columbus, Ohio: Dept. of Botany, Ohio State University, 1975- url p. 115, p. 3, p. 34, p. 37, p. 8.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 290, p. 302, p. 392, p. 401, p. 402, p. 408, p. 509, p. 581, p. 585, p. 599, p. 734, p. 812.
- Contributions to Canadian biology and fisheries. Toronto [etc.] url p. 45.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 592.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 19.
- Diseases of truck crops and their control, by J. J. Taubenhaus. New York, E. P. Dutton & company[c1918] url p. 149, p. 149.
- Edinburgh journal of natural history and of the physical sciences. Edinburgh [etc.]: Published for the proprietor [etc.], 1835-1840. url p. 100.
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1914] url .
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 23.
- Essex naturalist: being the journal of the Essex Field Club. Buckhurst Hill, Essex, The Club. url p. 335.
- Every man his own farrier: Philadelphia, Lea and Blanchard, 1845. url p. 121.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1056, p. 822, p. 893.
- Field crops in South Africa, by H. D. Leppan and G. J. Bosman. [Johannesburg]Central News Agency, 1923. url p. 58.
- Field, forest, and garden botany, a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States, east of the Mississippi, both wild and cultivated. By Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & co., [c1868] url p. 199.
- First report on the flora of Wyoming / Aven Nelson. Laramie: Wyoming Experiment Station, 1896. url p. 137.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 264.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 397.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 193.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 734.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 734.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 61.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 232.
- Flora of Winneshiek County. Des Moines: 1906. url , .
- Flora of southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: New Era, 1914. url p. 263.
- Flora of the Black Hills of South Dakota. By P.A. Rydberg. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1896. url p. 509.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 290.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 112, p. 525, p. 614.
- Flora of the U.S.S.R. [Springfield, Va.: Israel Program for Scientific Translations; 1968- url p. 57.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 380.
- Flora of the southeastern Washington and adjacent Idaho, Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1914. url .
- Flora of the state of Washington / by Charles V. Piper. Washington: G.P.O., 1906 url p. 585.
- Flora of the state of Washington. By Charles V. Piper. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1906. url p. 585.
- Flora of the vicinity of San Francisco. San Francisco, 1888. url p. 338.
- Florigraphia Britannica; or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants & ferns of Britain. London, R. Groombridge, 1841-48. url .
- Florula bostoniensis. A collection of plants of Boston and its vicinity, with their generic and specific characters, principal synonyms, descriptions, places of growth, and time of flowering, and occasional remarks. Boston, C. C. Little and J. Brown, 1840. url p. 336.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 48.
- Forest conditions of Mississippi. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 142.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 389, p. 389.
- Foundations of botany, Boston, Ginn & Co., 1901. url .
- Foundations of botany, by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn & co., 1904. url p. 389.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish): collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, English, and scientific names / by John Cameron. Edinburgh: W. Blackwood, 1883. url p. 43.
- General index to the reports and bulletins of the experimental farms of the Dominion of Canada, 1887-1901. Ottawa, Printed by S.E. Dawson, printer to the King's Most excellent Majesty, 1902. url p. 9.
- Genesee farmer. Rochester, N.Y.: B.F. Smith & Co., [1845-1865] url p. 133.
- Gleanings in bee culture. Medina, Ohio, A. I. Root Co. url p. 634.
- Gray's school and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany, " bound in one volume / by Asa Gray New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor,  url p. 199.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 142, p. 848.
- Guide to the autumn flowers of Minnesota, field and garden. [By] F. E. Clements, C. O. Rosendahl and F. K. Butters. Minneapolis, University of Minnesota, 1913. url p. 40.
- Handbook of experiment station work. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1893. url p. 366.
- Hardwicke's science-gossip: an illustrated medium of interchange and gossip for students and lovers of nature. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1866- url p. 231.
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url .
- Hardy plants for cottage gardens, by Helen R. Albee; illustrated from photographs. New York, H. Holt and company, 1910. url .
- History and antiquities of Charnwood forest: with an appendix on the geology, botany & ornithology of the district. .. London: Hamilton, 1842. url p. 52.
- History of Pasadena, comprising an account of the native Indian, Pasadena, Cal., Pasadena history company, 1895. url p. 617, p. 645.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 159, p. 175.
- Illinois wild flowers, by John Voss and Virginia S. Eifert. Springfield,  url p. 153.
- Insects. Ottawa: T. Mulvey [etc.], 1919-1920. url p. 68, p. 72.
- Insecutor inscitiae menstruus. Washington, D.C.: [Harrison G. Dyar], 1913-1926. url p. 28.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 42 1904 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 45.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 3 1841 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 325.
- Journal of economic entomology. [College Park, Md., etc.]Entomological Society of America [etc.] url .
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 101, p. 145, p. 148, p. 148.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 139, p. 185.
- Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences. Washington [etc., Washington Academy of Sciences] url p. 243.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. A physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis]Dept. of Conservation, State of Indiana [Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 444.
- Lake Maxinkuckee. a physical and biological survey by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. [Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford, printer]1920. url p. 444.
- Lake Maxinkuckee: a physical and biological survey / by Barton Warren Evermann and Howard Walton Clark. Indianapolis: Dept. of Conservation, 1920. url p. 444, p. 457.
- Leaflets of Philippine botany. 1 1908 Manila: Oriental Printing Co., 1906-1939. url p. 364, p. 3853.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url .
- Leechdoms, wortcunning, and starcraft of early England. Being a collection of documents, for the most part never before printed, illustrating the history of science in this country before the Norman conquest. Collected and edited by the Rev. Oswald Cockayne. London: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts, and Green, 1864-66. url p. 398.
- Lepidopterous fauna of the USSR and adjacent countries: a collection of papers dedicated to professor Alexsandr Sergeevich Danilevskii / collected by O.L. Kryzhanovskii; Donald R. Davis, scientific editor; [translated from the Russian by P.M. Rao]. Washington, D.C.: National Science Foundation, 1988. url p. 93.
- Manual of the flowering plants of Iowa. [Lamoni, Iowa]Privately published, 1899. url .
- Manual of the medical botany of the United States / by Rafinesque, A.M. Philadelphia: [S.l.]; 1841. url , p. 44.
- Meehans' monthly: a magazine of horticulture, botany and kindred subjects / conducted by Thomas Meehan. Philadelphia: Thomas Meehan & Sons, 1891-1902. url p. 52.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 114, p. 128.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 10 1902 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 257.
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url p. 414, p. 414, p. 622, p. 746, p. 746.
- Miscellaneous papers on the botany of Michigan, by C. K. Dodge. Prepared under the direction of Alexander G. Ruthven. Published as a part of the Annual report of the Board of Geological Survey for 1920. Lansing, Mich., Wynkoop Hallenbeck Crawford, State Printers, 1921. url p. 220.
- Miscellaneous tracts relating to natural history, husbandry, and physick. To which is added The calendar of flora. London: R. and J. Dodsley, S. Baker, and T. Payne, 1762. url p. 303.
- Monograph of the British aphides. .. By George Bowdler Buckton. .. London, Printed for the Ray Society, 1876-83. url p. 125.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 14, p. 17.
- Mémoires. Bruxelles, The Society. url p. 94.
- National list of scientific plant names. [Washington, D.C.]: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Soil Conservation Service, 1982- url p. 258.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 349.
- New York State Museum bulletin. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1916-1944. url p. 110.
- New flora and botany of North America, or A supplemental flora, additional to all the botanical works on North America and the United States. Containing 1000 new or revised species. In four parts. 1. Lexicon and monographs. 2. Neophyton &c. 3. New sylva &c. 4. Neobotanon &c. with introductions, sketches, notes, indexes, &c. Philadelphia[Printed for the author and publisher]1836 url p. 31.
- North American botany; comprising the native and common cultivated plants, north of Mexico. Genera arranged according to the artificial and natural methods. By Amos Eaton. In the present edition the author is associated with John Wright. Troy, N. Y., E. Gates, 1840. url p. 159.
- Occasional papers of the Museum of Zoology, University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 1913- url p. 28.
- Odorographia: a natural history of raw materials and drugs used in the perfume industry: intended to serve growers, manufacturers and consumers / by J. Ch. Sawer. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1892-1894. url .
- Old-fashioned gardening; a history and a reconstruction, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1913. url .
- One thousand objects for the microscope / by M.C. Cooke; with five hundred figures. London: Frederick Warne;  url p. 11, p. 117, p. 8.
- Our garden flowers; a popular study of their native lands, their life histories, and their structural affiliations, New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1910. url .
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 67.
- Pennsylvania farm journal Lancaster, Pa.: A.M. Spangler, 1851-1855. url p. 23.
- Phytogeography of Nebraska. 1. General survey by Roscoe Pound and Frederic E. Clements. Lincoln, Neb.Published by the Seminar1900 url p. 418, p. 90.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 128, p. 217, p. 218, p. 233, p. 239, p. 332, p. 339.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 55.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url , .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 812.
- Plants of Iowa; a preliminary list of the native and introduced plants of the state, not under cultivation; comp. by Wesley Greene, secretary. Des Moines, Bishard brothers, printers, 1907. url p. 234, p. 234.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 289.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 88.
- Poisonous plants of all countries, by A. Bernhard-Smith. London, Baillière, Tindall & Cox, 1923. url p. 88.
- Poisonous plants of all countries. With the active, chemical principles which they contain; and the toxic symptoms produced by each group. Bristol [Eng.]J. Wright, 1905. url .
- Popular science monthly. New York: D. Appleton, 1872-1950. url p. 234.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 660, p. 670, p. 825.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 184.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 612, p. 680.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 69, p. 703, p. 71, p. 848, p. 851, p. 853, p. 857, p. 858.
- Proceedings of the Essex Institute. Salem: Essex Institute Press. url p. 238.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 158, p. 189, p. 189, p. 218, p. 223, p. 223.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , p. 161, p. 198, p. 294.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 35, p. 495, p. 559.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 232.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 197.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url , , p. 14, p. 158, p. 17, p. 7, p. 8, p. 9, p. 9.
- Report of the United States Entomological Commission. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1878-90. url p. 84.
- Report on the agriculture and geology of Mississippi. Embracing a sketch of the social and natural history of the state. By B.L.C. Wailes, geologist of Mississippi. .. [Jackson]E. Barksdale, State Printer, 1854. url p. 345, p. 345.
- Report on the flora of St. Andrews, N.B. / by James Fowler. Ottawa: Printed by S.E. Dawson, 1902 url p. 45.
- Report on the herbaceous flowering plants of Massachusetts, arranged according to the natural orders of Lindley, and illustrated chiefly by popular descriptions of their character, properties, and use Pub. agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the commissioners on the zoological and botanical survey of the state. Cambridge, Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, Printers to the University, 1840. url p. 126.
- Report on the indigenous medical botany of Massachusetts. Philadelphia, 1849 url p. 895.
- Reports of the Director. .. / Experimental Farms. Ottawa: Experimental Farms, 1888-1916. url p. 9.
- Reports of the Princeton University Expeditions to Patagonia, 1896-1899. J. B. Hatcher in charge. Edited by William B. Scott. Princeton, The University, 1901-32 [v. 1, 1903] url p. 266, p. 829, p. 829.
- Reports of the Survey. Botanical series. Minneapolis [etc.]1892- url p. 414, p. 622, p. 746.
- Researches about atmospheric phenomena. By Thomas Forster. London: Printed for Harding, Mavor, and Lepard, 1823. url p. 381, p. 385.
- Resources of the southern fields and forests, medical, economical, and agricultural; Charleston, Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1869. url p. 725.
- Rocky mountain flowers; an illustrated guide for plantlovers and plant-users; with twenty-five plates in color and twenty-one plates in black and white [by] Frederic Edward Clements...and Edith Schwartz Clements... 1914 New York city, the H.W. Wilson company, 1914. url p. 254.
- Root-knot and its control. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1911. url p. 12.
- Sable Island, with a catalogue of its vascular plants / by Harold St. John. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1921. url p. 96.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 78.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url p. 568.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 30 1887 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 189.
- Special papers / Ohio Academy of Sciences. Columbus, Ohio: The Academy, 1899-1929. url p. 14, p. 151, p. 19.
- Special report on diseases of cattle. By Drs. Atkinson, Dickson, Eichhorn, Hickman, Law, Lowe, Marsh, Mohler, Murray, Pearson, Ransom, Trumbower, and Woodward. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1923. url p. 124.
- Species Blancoanae: a critical revision of the Philippine species of plants described by Blanco and by Llanos /by E.D. Merrill. 1918 Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1918. url p. 379, p. 389.
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 14.
- Systematic lists illustrative of the Flora, Fauna, Palaeontology, and Archaeology of the North of Ireland / Belfast: Printed for the Club, 1870-1906. url p. 141.
- Text-book of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 255.
- Textbook of pastoral and agricultural botany, for the study of the injurious and useful plants of country and farm, by John W. Harshberger. .. with 121 illustrations. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., [c1920] url p. 255, p. 255.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url p. 1120.
- The American veterinarian, or Diseases of domestic animals. Boston, Jewett, 1850. url p. 56.
- The American veterinarian, or, Diseases of domestic animals: showing the causes, symptoms and remedies, and rules for restoring and preserving health by good management, with directions for training and breeding / by S.W. Cole. New York: J.P. Jewett, c1847. url p. 56.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 243.
- The British Tortrices / by S.J. Wilkinson. London: John van Voorst, 1859. url p. 310, p. 313.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 100.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 442.
- The Bulletin of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture. Raleigh: State Board of Agriculture, [1907- url p. 9.
- The Canadian entomologist. Ottawa [etc.]Entomological Society of Canada [etc.] url p. 142, p. 142.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 263.
- The Canadian naturalist and geologist. Montreal: B. Dawson, 1856-1868. url p. 108.
- The Canadian naturalist and quarterly journal of science: with proceedings of the Natural History Society of Montreal. Montreal: Dawson, 1869-1883. url p. 30.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal, Natural History Society. url p. 223.
- The Entomologist's annual. London: John Van Voorst, 1855-1874. url p. 92, p. 92.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 137, p. 2, p. 203, p. 204, p. 212, p. 224, p. 226.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 271, p. 285, p. 325, p. 72, p. 73.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url p. 10, p. 210, p. 210, p. 211, p. 211, p. 6.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 315, p. 392, p. 420.
- The Florida buggist: official organ of the Florida Entomological Society. [Gainesville, Fla.]: The Society, [1917-1920] url p. 40.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Garden flowers of the year. LondonReligious Tract Society[1847?] url p. 162.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. 1854 London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 746, p. 85, p. 870.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 757.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 43 1983 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 201, p. 234, p. 394, p. 6.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luthur Tucker, 1846/1847-1875 url p. 513.
- The Indiana weed book, Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1912. url , .
- The Indiana weed book, by W. S. Blatchley. Indianapolis, The Nature publishing company, 1920. url p. 162, p. 179.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 120, p. 151.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 22 1887 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 165, p. 312, p. 37, p. 574.
- The Monthly bulletin of the State Commission of Horticulture. Sacramento, Calif.: The Commission, 1911-1919. url p. 754.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url , , p. 922, p. 949.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The Naturalist. 1898 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 108, p. 163.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 302.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 182, p. 187, p. 316, p. 474, p. 476, p. 73, p. 85.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 184.
- The Popular science monthly New York: D. Appleton url p. 423.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 234.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 120, p. 151, p. 345, p. 361, p. 436, p. 619, p. 636, p. 86, p. 88.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 118, p. 122, p. 131, p. 454, p. 455, p. 460.
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 231.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 48 1969 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 575, p. 602.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 60.
- The West-American scientist. San Diego: C.R. Orcutt. url p. 140.
- The botanical looker-out among the wild flowers of England and Wales, at all seasons, and in the most interesting localities. By Edwin Lees. .. London, Hamilton, Adams & Co., 1851. url p. 264.
- The botany of the Eastern Borders: with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them / by George Johnston. London: J. Van Voorst, 1853. url p. 104.
- The botany of the eastern borders, with the popular names and uses of the plants, and of the customs and beliefs which have been associated with them. London, J. Van Voorst, 1853. url .
- The colours of flowers as illustrated in the British flora. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 53, p. 84.
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 1120.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 1108.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 284.
- The flora of Dumfriesshire: including part of the stewartry of Kirkcudbright / by G.F. Scott-Elliot; assisted by J. M'Andrew. .. [et al.] Dumfries: J. Maxwell, 1896. url p. 95.
- The flora of Montreal Island by Robert Campbell. S.l.: s.n., 1892? url .
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges, & ferns of Great Britain and their allies, the club mosses, horsetails, etc. London, F. Warne, 1905. url , .
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 71.
- The grass and clover seed trade in Vermont in 1907-1909 / [by George T. Harrington] Burlington: Vermont Agricultural Experiment Station, 1909. url p. 235.
- The grasses of Iowa / L. H. Pammel, J. B. Weems, and F. Lamson-Schribner. Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1901-1904  i.e. 1905] url p. 98.
- The importance of seed characteristics in the natural reproduction of coniferous forests / by Julius Valentine Hofmann. Minneapolis: University of Minnesota, 1918. url p. 22.
- The insect fauna of the genus Crataegus. .. Ithaca, 1922 url p. 1096.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 10.
- The natural history of Chautauqua. New York: B. W. Huebsch, 1917. url p. 65.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 139.
- The naturalist. London: Simpkin, Marshall, 1865- url p. 337.
- The nature book; a popular description by pen and camera of the delights and beauties of the open air. London, Cassell, 1908-09. url p. 985.
- The phanerogams of the Juan Fernandez Islands. url .
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 190, p. 230, p. 245, p. 496, p. 508.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 256.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , p. 139, p. 241.
- The wayside flowers of summer: a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our norther roadsides during the months of July and August / by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York: C. Scribner1917. url , p. 243, p. 285, p. xxi.
- The wayside flowers of summer; a study of the conspicuous herbaceous plants blooming upon our northern roadsides during the months of July and August, by Harriet L. Keeler; illustrated by Mary Keffer. New York, C. Scribner's Sons, 1917. url p. 243, p. 285.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 360, p. 361, p. 491, p. 696, p. 720, p. 736, p. 778.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 360, p. 491, p. 696, p. 720, p. 736, p. 778.
- The weeds of New South Wales, pt. I- Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Gov't. printer, 1920- url p. 26.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. By Hewett Cottrell Watson. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url p. 263.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 240, p. 247, p. 275, p. 82, p. 86.
- Transactions and proceedings of the New Zealand Institute. Wellington: New Zealand Institute. url p. 505.
- Transactions of Vassar Brothers Institute, and its Scientific Section. Poughkeepsie, N.Y.: Vassar Brothers Institute, [1883-1896]. url p. 185.
- Transactions of the American Fisheries Society. New York: [American Fisheries Society], 1885-1896. url p. 53.
- Transactions of the American Institute of the City of New-York. [S.l.: s.n.], 1852- url p. 155.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url p. 159, p. 189.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 105, p. 170.
- Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science. Topeka, Kan.: W.Y. Morgan, 1903- url p. 113, p. 193, p. 201.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 144, p. 173, p. 231, p. 45, p. 71, p. 81.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 58.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 19 1975 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url p. 30.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 250, p. 300.
- University studies of the University of Nebraska. Lincoln. url p. 109.
- Weed control / Berkeley, Calif.: College of Agriculture, University of California, 1936. url .
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 134, p. 207, p. 229.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 134, p. 207, p. 229.
- Weeds of the North Central States. Urbana, Ill: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Agriculture, Agricultural Experiment Station,  url p. 262, p. 299.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 380.
- Yearbook of agriculture. WashingtonU.S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 494.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 2 1891 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 120, p. 335, p. 360, p. 397, p. 59.
- [Collected reprints, 1895-1916. s.l., s.n., 19--] url , , , , , , .
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 55.
- Oberprieler, C. 2001. Phylogenetic relationships in Anthemis L. (Compositae, Anthemideae) based on nrDNA ITS sequence variation. Taxon 50: 745-762.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- University of Alaska Museum of the North, University of Alaska Museum of the North Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2657790
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: Ast-651
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 4490920
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:177260-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 103883
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 36330
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDAST0J030
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: MACO22
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 19660
- Linda E. Watson "Anthemis". in Flora of North America Vol. 19, 20 and 21 Page 14, 487, 537, 547, 548. Oxford University Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 135.080 meters (443.176 feet), Standard Deviation = 243.270 based on 4,594 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]