The Mimosaceae are mostly tropical and subtropical trees and shrubs comprising about 40 genera and 2,000 species. The leaves are nearly always alternate, stipulate , and bipinnately compound (rarely once-pinnate) They usually have swollen petiole bases called pulvini that commonly function in orientation of the leaves (remember the sensitive plant, Mimosa pudica). The inflorescence is commonly a capitulum (also called a head ). The flowers are hypogynous to slightly perigynous, have radial symmetry, petals that are valvate in bud, and commonly a 5-parted calyx and corolla. The stamens are distinct to strongly monadelphous , numerous (rarely as few as 10), and are generally more showy than the perianth. The pistil is simple , comprising a single style and stigma, and a superior ovary with 2-many marginal ovules in a solitary locule. The fruit is usually a legume. -- Gerald Carr
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Cronquist, Takhtajan & W. Zimmermann, 1966
- Flowering Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Spermatophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Magnoliophyta () - Cronquist, Takhtajan & W. Zimmermann, 1966 - Flowering Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Calliandra michelii Standl.
Publishing author : Britton & Rose
Members of the genus Anneslia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Dec 27, 2011.
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 4542709