Woodland fern from Japan to Australia and Madagascar with a short, thick stem and huge segmented fronds (bipinnate) up to about nine feet long. The oval clusters of spore bearing cases (sporangia) are in two rows on the under surfaces of leaflets .
Common Names in English:
Madagascar Tree Fern, Madagascar Tree Fern Angiopteris Evecta, Mule's Foot, Mule's Foot Fern, Mules Foot Fern, Oriental Vessel Fern
Flowers: Flower Color: inconspicuous, none
Size: 12-15' tall.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Light Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 10b, 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Infraphylum: Moniliformopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997, Nom. Nud.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
: Hoffm. Publication
: Commentationes Societatis
Regiae Scientiarum Gottingensis 12 1796
Basionym author: (G.Forst.)
Members of the genus Angiopteris
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 4 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A List of plants of Formosa. Taiwan1910 url p. 148.
- A contribution to the phytogeography and flora of the Arfak mountains /by L.S. Gibbs. 1917 London: Taylor and Francis, 1917. url p. 56.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 38.
- A forest flora of Chota Nagpur including Gangpur and the Santal-Parganahs. A description of all the indigenous trees, shrubs and climbers, the principal economic herbs, and the most commonly cultivated trees and shrubs (with introduction and glossary) by H. H. Haines. Dehra Dun, India, Bishen Singh Mahendra Pal Singh, 1910. url p. 137.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical. In two parts. Part I. Outlines of organography, anatomy, and physiology. Part II. Descriptions and illustrations of the orders. By Emm. Le Maout [and] J. Decaisne. With 5500 figures by L. Steinheil a London, Longmans, Green & Co.1873. url .
- A geographical handbook of all the known ferns; with tables to show their distribution, London, J. Murray, 1870. url .
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 361, p. 362.
- A handbook of cryptogamic botany / by Alfred W. Bennett and George Murray. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1889. url p. 93.
- A handbook of cryptogamic botany, London, Longmans, Green, and Co., 1889. url .
- A handbook of cryptogamic botany, by Alfred W. Bennett and George Murray. London, Longmans, Green, 1889. url p. 93.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 378.
- A manual of Indian timbers: an account of the structure, growth, distribution, and qualities of Indian woods. CalcuttaOffice of the Superintendent of Govt. Printing1881 url p. 500.
- A manual of Indian timbers; an account of the growth, distribution, and uses of the trees and shrubs of India and Ceylon with descriptions of their wood-structure, by J. S. Gamble... London: S. Low, Marston & co. ltd., 1902. url p. 759, p. 767.
- A popular history of the British ferns and the allied plants, : comprising the club-mosses, pepperworts, and horsetails / by Thomas Moore. London: Routledge, Warne, & Routledge, 1859. url p. 36.
- A preliminary catalogue of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop museum of Polynesian ethnology and natural history. .. Honolulu, 1892-93. url p. 46.
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- A university text-book of botany. New York, Macmillan, 1910. url p. 272, p. 552.
- A year in the New Hebrides, Loyalty Islands, and New Caledonia. Geelong, G. Mercer; [etc., etc., 1873] url .
- American fossil cycads / by G.R. Wieland. Washington: Carnegie Institution, 1906-1916. url p. 241, p. 245, p. 254, p. 289.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 526.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organization, natural affinities, and geographical distribution of the whole vegetable kingdom; together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the arts, By John Lindley. New York, G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 311, p. 364.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 266.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 11 1893 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 102, p. 123, p. 142, p. 174, p. 178, p. 178, p. 185, p. 202, p. 70, p. 82.
- Botanical microtechnique, a hand-book of methods for the preparation, standing, and microscopical investigation of vegetable structures; tr. from the German by James Ellis Humphrey. New York, Holt, 1893. url , p. 64.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 18 1929 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 1, p. 1, p. 1.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information. Additional Series. Royal Gardens, Kew. 10 1920 [Kew, Surrey: Royal Botanic Gardens], 1898-1936; url p. 356.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1951-1992. url p. 221, p. 242, p. 245, p. 253, p. 260, p. 263, p. 289, p. 294, p. 296, p. 299, p. 300.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 50 1923 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 106, p. 289, p. 343, p. 407, p. 569.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 220, p. 221, p. 222, p. 225.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 403, p. 927.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 360, p. 403, p. 927.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 51.
- Coastal Sensitivity Overview of the Strait of Malacca. Compiled for International Maritime Organisation (IMO) IMO url .
- Commercial gardening, a practical & scientific treatise for market gardeners, market growers, fruit, flower & vegetable growers, nurserymen, etc. By many practical specialists under the editorship of John Weathers. London, The Gresham publishing company, 1913. url , p. 224.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 290, p. 627.
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 289.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 30 1957 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 153, p. 183, p. 274, p. 53, p. 56, plate
- Dutch N. W. New Guinea. A contribution to the phytogeography and flora of the Arfak mountains, & c. By L. S. Gibbs. London: Taylor and Francis, 1917. url p. 196, p. 56.
- Embryogenesis in plants. London, Methuen; url p. 141, p. 329, p. 365.
- Ferns in their homes and ours / by John Robinson. Boston: Whidden, 1894, c1878. url p. 143.
- Ferns: British & foreign. The history, organography, classification, and enumeration of the species of garden ferns with a treatise on their cultivation, etc. etc. London, W. H. Allen & Co., Ltd., 1896. url .
- Ferns: British & foreign: the history, organography, classification, and enumeration of the species of garden ferns with a treatise on their cultivation, etc. etc. / by John Smith. London: D. Bogue, 1879. url p. 268.
- Ferns: British and exotic... London, Groombridge and Sons, 1856-60. url , , p. 211, p. 214.
- Flora Hongkongensis; a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. LondonL. Reeve1861 url p. 440.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 602.
- Flora hongkongensis: a description of the flowering plants and ferns of the island of Hongkong. London, L. Reeve, 1861. url .
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 31.
- Flora of Koh Chang: contributions to the knowledge of the vegetation in the Gulf of Siam / Copenhagen: B. Luno, 1900-1916. url .
- Flore de Buitenzorg, Leide, E. J. Brill, 1898-1922. url , .
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , .
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 134, p. 337.
- Fossil plants: for students of botany and geology / Cambridge: University Press, 1898-1919. url , , , , , , .
- Fundamentals of botany / by C. Stuart Gager. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., c1916. url p. 595, p. 623.
- Fundamentals of botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1916. url .
- Fundamentals of botany, by C. Stuart Gager. With 435 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston, 1916. url p. 623.
- Fundamentals of botany. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 595, p. 623.
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 115.
- Greenhouse & stove plants; flowering and fine-leaved, palms, ferns, and lycopodiums, with full details of the propagation and cultivation of 500 families of plants, embracing all the best kinds in cultivation, suitable for grow London, J. Murray, 1885. url p. 350, p. 40.
- Greenhouse and stove plants, flowering and fine-leaved, palms, ferns, and lycopodiums, with full details of the propagation and cultivation of 500 families of plants: embracing all the best kinds in cultivation, suitable for growing in the greenhouse, intermediate house, and stove / by Thomas Baines. London: J. Murray, 1894. url p. 40.
- Hand-list of ferns and fern allies cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1906 url p. 23, p. 23.
- Handbook to the ferns of British India, Ceylon and the Malay peninsula; with supplement, Calcutta, Thacker, Spink;1892. url p. 460, p. 481.
- Heredity and evolution in plants. Philadelphia, Blakiston, 1920. url p. 204.
- Historia filicum an exposition of the nature, number and organography of ferns, and review of the principles upon which genera are founded, and the systems of classification of the principal authors, with a new genera With 30 lithographic plates by W.H. Fitch; by John Smith. London: Macmillan, 1875. url p. 362, p. 394, p. xiv.
- Historia filicum; an exposition of the nature, number and organography of ferns, and review of the principles upon which genera are founded, and the systems of classification of the principal authors, with a new genera London, Macmillan, 1875. url , , .
- Hooker's journal of botany and Kew Garden miscellany. 9 1857 London: Reeve, Benham, and Reeve, 1849-1857. url p. 362.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. 2 1855 London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. 340, p. 49.
- Hooker, W. J. & G. A. W. Arnott. The botany of Captain Beechey's voyage;comprising an acount of the plants collected by Messrs. Lay and Collie, and other officers of the expedition, during the voyage to the Pacific and Behring's Strait, performed in His Majesty's ship Blossom, under the command of Captain F. W. Beechey. .. in the years 1825, 26, 27, and 28.By Sir William Jackson Hooker. .. and G. A. Walker Arnott. .. 1841 London, H. G. Bohn, 1841. url p. 447, p. 73.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url , p. 732, p. 738.
- Index filicum: a synopsis, with characters, of the genera, and an enumeration of the species of ferns, with synonymes, references, &c., &c. London, W. Pamplin, 1857-62. url , , , , , p. 286, p. 73, p. 74, p. 75, p. 77.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 114, p. 154.
- Introduction to cryptogamic botany. London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc]1857. url , , , .
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 267, p. 298, p. 325, p. 357.
- Journal of botany: being a second series of the Botanical miscellany. 3 1841 London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green & Longman; Edinburgh: A. & C. Black, 1834-1842. url p. 421.
- Journal of the Federated Malay States museums. Kuala Lumpur: F.M.S. Museums, 1906-1929. url , p. 126, p. 21, p. 98.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 4 1903 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 124, p. 275, p. 289.
- Journal of the New-York Microscopical Society. New York: The Society, 1885- url p. 77.
- Journal of the Royal Microscopical Society. Oxford [etc.]Royal Microscopical Society. url , , p. 1034, p. 225, p. 333, p. 416, p. 459, p. 594, p. 63, p. 732.
- Journal of the Straits Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society. 32-33 1899-1900 Singapore: the Society, 1878-1922. url p. 84.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. London: The Society, 1857-1864. url p. 201, p. 22.
- Lectures on the physiology of plants / by Julius von Sachs, translated by H. Marshall Ward. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1887. url p. 804.
- Malayan ferns. Handbook to the determination of the ferns of The Malayan islands (incl. those of the Malay Peninsula, the Philippines and New Guinea) Batavia, Landsdrukkerij, 1908. url p. 762.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 6 1899 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 264.
- Methods in plant histology, by Charles J. Chamberlain. Chicago, University of Chicago Press[1933, c1932] url p. 310.
- My garden, its plan and culture together with a general description of its geology, botany, and natural history, London, Bell and Daldy, 1872. url , .
- Narrative of a whaling voyage round the globe, from the year 1833 to 1836. Comprising sketches of Polynesia, California, the Indian Archipelago, etc. with an account of southern whales, the sperm whale fishery, and the natural history of the climates visited London, Richard Bentley, 1840 url p. 394.
- Natural science. London: Macmillan & Co., [1892-1899] url p. 96.
- Natural science: a monthly review of scientific progress. London [etc.]: Macmillan and Company [etc.], [1892-1899] url p. 96.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 114, p. 382, p. 57, p. 612, p. ix, p. xviii, p.
- New illustrated encyclopedia of gardening, unabridged. Edited by T.H. Everett, with contributions from twenty horticulturists and authorities in the United States and Canada. New York, Greystone Press[1964-] url p. 115.
- Newman's entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1869-1876] url p. 223.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 1 1884-1888 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 78.
- Notes by a naturalist on the "Challenger", being an account of various observations made during the voyage of H.M.S. "Challenger" around the world, in the years 1872-1876, under the commands of Capt. Sir G. S. Nares and Capt. F. T. Thomson. By H. N. Moseley. London, Macmillan and co., 1879. url p. 518, p. 607.
- Notes by a naturalist: an account of observations made during the voyage of H.M.S. "Challenger" round the world in the years 1872-1876 / by H. N. Moseley. New York: Putnam, 1892. url p. 450, p. 521.
- On molecular and microscopic science by Mary Somerville. London: J. Murray, 1869 url p. 364.
- Organography of plants, especially of the archegoniatae and spermaphyta, ed. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. Oxford, Clar. Press, 1900-5. url p. 586, p. 587, p. 644, p. 657.
- Outlines of classification and special morphology of plants, by K. Goebel. A new ed. of Sachs' Text-book of botany, book II, authorized English translation by Henry E. F. Garnsey; rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. With 407 woodcuts. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1887. url p. 252, p. 252, p. 492, p. 492.
- Physiological plant anatomy, tr. by Montagu Drummond. London, MacMillan, 1914. url p. 714, p. 715.
- Plant morphology. New York, McGraw-Hill, 1953. url p. 271, p. 273, p. 274, p. 275.
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 228.
- Preliminary report on the forest and other vegetation of Pegu. CalcuttaC.B. Lewis, Baptist Mission Press1875 url p. 11, p. 32.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , , , p. 112, p. 367, p. 487, p. 74, p. 80.
- Quarterly journal of microscopical science. London, J. and A. Churchill [etc.] url p. 302.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 106.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url , .
- Seemann, B. Flora vitiensis: a description of the plants of the Viti or Fiji islands, with an account of their history, uses, and properties /By Berthold Seemann;. .. plates by Walter Fitch. 2 1865-1873 London: L. Reeve, 1865-73. url p. 376.
- Seemann, B. The botany of the voyage of H.M.S. Herald: under the command of Captain Henry Kellett, R.N., C.B., during the years 1845-51 /by Berthold Seemann. 1852-1857 London: Lovell Reeve, 1852-1857. url p. 435.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation with indications of their native countries and some of their uses / by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: R. S. Brain, govt. printer, 1895. url p. 318.
- Select plants (exclusive of timber trees) readily eligible for Victorian industrial culture with indications of their native countries and some of their uses; an enumeration / offered by Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: s.n., 1872 url p. 80.
- Studies in fossil botany / London, A. and C. Black, 1909. url .
- Studies in fossil botany. London, Black, 1920-23. url p. 271.
- Studies on the variation, distribution, and evolution of the genus Partula / by Henry Edward Crampton. Washington: Carnegie Institution, 1916-1932. url p. 18.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 50.
- Suggestions received by the Agricultural & Horticultural Society of India for extending the cultivation and introduction of useful and ornamental plants: with a view to the improvement of the agricultural and commercial resources of India / compiled by Henry Harpur Spry. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1841. url p. 192.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 16, p. 18.
- Synopsis filicum; or, A synopsis of all known ferns, including the Osmundaceae, Schizaeaceae, Marattiaceae, and Ophioglossaceae (chiefly derived from the Kew Herbarium). Accompanied by figures representing the essentia By the late Sir William Jackson Hooker and John Gilbert Baker. London, R. Hardwicke, 1874. url p. 440, p. 440.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 450, p. 46, p. 501, p. 7.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 539.
- The Book of gardening; a handbook of horticulture. London, C. Scribner's Sons, 1900. url , .
- The Eusporangiatae, the comparative morphology of the ophioglossaceae and marattiaceae. Washington, Carnegie Institute, 1911. url .
- The Eusporangiatae; the comparative morphology of the Ophioglossaceae and Marattiaceae, Washington, D. C., Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1911. url , , , , .
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , p. 102, p. 129, p. 415, p. 460.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 1149, p. 243, p. 245, p. 424, p. 839, p. 944.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. 2 1874 London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 111, p. 142, p. 2, p. 218, p. 228, p. 229, p. 254, p. 312, p. 321, p. 329, p. 330, p. 337, p. 338, p. 339, p. 390, p. 618, p. 643, p. 662, p. 727, p. 75, p. 767, p. 772, p. 773, p. 786.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 193, p. 404.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url , p. 501, p. 611.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 16, p. 558.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 15 1877 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 159, p. 188, p. 231, p. 303, p. 445, p. 447, p. 448, p. 450, p. 456, p. 491, p. 518, p. 523, p. 540, p. 559, p. 566.
- The London journal of botany: containing figures and descriptions of such plants as recommend themselves by their novelty, rarity, history, or uses: together with botanical notices and information and and occasional portraits and memoirs of eminent botanists. 2 1843 London: H. Baillie?re, 1842-1848. url p. 391.
- The Philippine journal of science. 6 1911 Manila. url p. 134, p. 220, p. 222, p. 46, p. 546, p. 8.
- The Queensland flora: Queensland, Printed by H. J. Diddams & co., 1899-1902. url .
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 3.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 168.
- The evolution of plants, by Dukinfield Henry Scott. London: Williams and Norgate, [c1911] url p. 148.
- The ferns (Filicales) treated comparatively with a view to their natural classification, by F. O. Bower. Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1923-28. url p. 113, p. 266, p. 334, p. 341, p. 342, p. 343, p. 349, p. 98.
- The ferns of Bombay, Bombay, D. B. Taraporevala Sons & Co., 1922. url , .
- The ferns of Bombay, by E. Blatter & J. F. d'Almeida. With 2 coloured and 15 black and white plates and 43 text figures. Bombay: D. B. Taraporevala Sons & Co., 1922. url p. 223.
- The florist, fruitist, and garden miscellany. London: Chapman and Hall, 1852- url p. 196.
- The gardens' bulletin, Straits Settlements. Singapore: Straits Times Press, 1913-1941. url p. 359.
- The morphology and anatomy of American species of the genus Psaronius. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1959. url p. 107, p. 44, p. 70.
- The origin of a land flora, a theory based upon the facts of alternation, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1908. url , , .
- The origin of a land flora: a theory based upon the facts of alternation / by F. O. Bower. With numerous illustrations. London: Macmillan, 1908. url p. 508, p. 644, p. 650.
- The structure & development of the mosses and ferns (Archegoniatae) London, Macmillan, 1895. url p. 254, p. 272, p. 273, p. 524.
- The structure and development of mosses and ferns (Archegoniatae) / by Douglas Houghton Campbell. New York: Macmillan, 1928 [c1905] url p. 275, p. 285, p. 289, p. 633, p. 656.
- The useful native plants of Australia, (including Tasmania) by J. H. Maiden. Sydney, Turner and Henderson, 1889. url p. 253, p. 669, p. 7.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url , p. 183, p. 184, p. 274, p. 56, p. 7.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 79, p. 812, p. 82.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 79, p. 812, p. 82.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 191, p. 273.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 4 1894-1896 London. url p. 254, p. 258, p. 264, p. 264, p. 272, p. 311, p. 410, p. 427, p. 518, p. 599.
- Tropical nature, and other essays. By Alfred R. Wallace. .. London, Macmillan and co., 1878. url p. 270.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 672, p. 983.
- Viti: an account of a government mission to the Vitian or Fijian Islands in the years 1860-61. By Berthold Seemann. . Cambridge, Macmillan & Co., 1862 url p. 446.
- Year book - Carnegie Institution of Washington. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington url p. 186.
- Year book of the Massachusetts Horticultural Society with the annual report for. . [Boston, Mass.: s.n., - url p. 20.
- Zhongguo jue lei zhi wu tu pu =Icones filicum sinicarum /by Hsen Hsu Hu and Ren Chang Ching. 5 1958 Nanking: Peiping: Metropolitan Museum of Natural History, Academia Sinica; Fan Memorial Institute of Biology, 1930-1958. url plate 202.
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url , p. 183, p. 56.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal February 01, 2008:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2663910
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-184019
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 2490700
- GRIN Nomen Number: 404182
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 184019
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 17021890
- MoBot NameID: 26609715
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PPMRT01010
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ANEV
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 21347