, sometimes subshrubs
or herbaceous or woody vines
. Leaves basal and cauline, alternate, rarely opposite or whorled
or variously compound
, palmately nerved, rarely penninerved
, with or without stipules. Inflorescence a simple or compound monochasium, dichasium, simple or compound raceme, or flowers solitary. Flowers bisexual
, sometimes unisexual
, rarely zygomorphic, hypogynous. Sepals 3--6 or more, free
, imbricate or sometimes valvate
in bud. Petals present or absent, 2--8 or more, free, usually with nectaries. Stamens numerous
, rarely few, free; filaments
, or extrorse
; sometimes some sterile
stamens becoming staminodes. Carpels numerous or few, rarely 1, free, rarely connate
to various degrees
; ovary with 1 to many ovules. Fruit follicles or achenes, rarely capsules or berries
. Seeds small, with abundant endosperm and minute embryo.
About 60 genera and 2500 species: worldwide, but richly represented in N temperate regions , particularly in E Asia; 38 genera (four endemic) and 921 species (604 endemic) in China.
Flowers: Bloom Period: March. • Flower Color: near white, white
Size: 12-18" tall.
Culture: Space 3-6" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 4.6 • Maximum pH: 6.0
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Light Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Order: Ranunculales () - Dumortier, 1829
- Superorder: Ranunculanae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Subclass: Ranunculidae () - Takhtajan Ex Reveal, 1992
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Anemone thalictroides L.
Publishing author : Trel. & Branner etCoville Publication : in Branner, Rep. Geol. Surv. Ark. iv . 1888. (1891) 162
Members of the genus Anemonella
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 7 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
A. nemorosa 'Parlez Vous' (Wood Anemone) · A. thalictroides f. rosea (Crowfoot) · A. thalictroides 'Cameo' (Rue Anemone) · A. thalictroides 'Double White' (Double White Rue Anemone) · A. thalictroides 'Green Hurricane' (Rue Anemone) · A. thalictroides 'Jade Feather' (Rue Anemone) · A. thalictroides 'Shoaf' (Shoaf's Double Pink Rue Anemone)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of the flowering plants and vascular cryptogams, found in and near Lackawanna and Wyoming valleys, by William R. Dudley...and Charles O. Thurston...1892. Wilkes-Barre, Pa., E. B. Yordy, 1892. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers east of the Mississippi and north of Virginia / by Norman Taylor. New York: Greenberg, 1928. url p. 148, p. 316.
- A little book of perennials, by Alfred C. Hottes. New York, N. Y., The A. T. De La Mare1923. url p. 163, p. 31.
- A manual of the more common herbaceous plants of Quebec and Ontario for use in connection with Groom's Botany / by D.P. Penhallow. Toronto: Copp, Clark, 1899. url .
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts. [Cohasset]Committee on Town History, 1898-1956. url p. 541.
- A naturalist in the Great Lakes region, by Elliot Rowland Downing. .. Chicago, Ill., The University of Chicago Press[c1922] url .
- A practical flora for schools and colleges, by Oliver R. Willis. New York, American Book Co.[c1894] url p. 33, p. 339.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url .
- A spring flora for high schools, New York, Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company[c1915] url .
- A spring flora for high schools, by Henry C. Cowles. .. and John G. Coulter. .. New York, American book company[c1915] url p. 16, p. 61.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url .
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 162.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url p. 102, p. 102.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 253, p. 254.
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. New York, New York Academy of Sciences. url p. 237.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 338.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 59, p. 65.
- Annual report Missouri Botanical Garden. 5 1894 St. Louis: Board of Trustees, 1890-1912. url p. 126, p. 164, p. 165, p. 198, p. 199, p. 216.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 69, p. 69, p. 798, p. 798.
- Annual report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904. url p. 78.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 454.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 628.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 42.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 10, p. 18, p. 26, p. 34, p. 43, p. 66, p. 67, p. 7, p. 75, p. 8, p. 86.
- Bergen's botany, key and flora. Northern and central states ed. By Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 86.
- Bergen's botany: key and flora: Northern and Central States ed. / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 82.
- Bibliographical index to North American botany; or, Citations of authorities for all the recorded indigenous and naturalized species of the flora of North America, with a chronological arrangement of the synonymy. by Sereno Watson. Washington, Smithsonian Institution, 1878. url p. 25.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 1014, p. 55.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url , p. 59, p. 628.
- Bulletin / Chicago Natural History Museum. [Chicago, Ill.]: The Museum, [1944-1966] url p. 6.
- Bulletin from the laboratories of natural history of the State University of Iowa. Iowa City, Iowa: The University, 1888-. url p. 40.
- Bulletin of the Charleston Museum. [Charleston, S.C.: the Museum], 1907-1922. url .
- Bulletin of the Illinois State Laboratory of Natural History. Bloomington, Ill.: The Laboratory, 1876-1918. url p. 590, p. 590, p. 590.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 43 1916 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 253, p. 612, p. 659, p. 659, p. 660, p. 667, p. 703.
- Bulletin of the scientific laboratories of Denison University. Granville, Ohio: [The University], 1885- url p. 12, p. 6.
- Catalogue of Canadian plants. .. Montreal [etc.]1883-1902. url , p. 295.
- Catalogue of local botanical and palæontological specimens prepared by the Hamilton Association, 1896-97. S.l.: s.n., 1897? url .
- Catalogue of the flora of Vermont, including phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants growing without cultivation. Burlington, [Vt.]Free Press Association, 1888. url p. 8.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 189.
- Catalogue of the phanerogams and ferns of Licking County, Ohio. Granville, Ohio, Press of Granville Times, 1892. url .
- Children's gardens for school and home: a manual of cooperative gardening / by Louise Klein Miller. New York: Appleton, 1904. url p. 223.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the Herbarium of Columbia College. New York: Columbia College, 1886-1896. url p. 397.
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 253.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 157, p. 202, p. 511.
- Cultures of Uredineae 1899-1921. n.p., n.d. url p. 319, p. 81, p. 82.
- Elementary botany Toronto: Copp, Clark, [1899?] url .
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 15, p. 15, p. 33, p. 36.
- Essentials of botany. Boston, Ginn[c1908] url .
- Facts relating to the history of Groton, Massachusetts, by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 6.
- Familiar features of the roadside; the flowers, shrubs, birds, and insects. By F. Schuyler Mathews. .. With. .. drawings by the author, and many of the songs of our common birds and insects. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1897. url , p. 4.
- Familiar flowers of field and garden. Described and illustrated by F. Schuyler Mathews. With over two hundred drawings. New York, D. Appleton, 1895. url p. 17.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url p. 135, index, page 571, fig. 69.
- Fieldbook of Illinois wild flowers; six hundred fifty of the more common flowering plants in the state. Urbana, 1936. url p. 101, p. 393, p. 393.
- Flora of Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Boston, Printed for the Society, 1922. url , , p. 267.
- Flora of Burlington and vicinity; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation, by Nellie F. Flynn. Burlington, Free Press Printing Co., 1911. url p. 96, p. 96.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 122.
- Flora of Forest Park. [Springfield, Mass., 1895- url p. 30.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for the identification of the flowering plants and ferns, by George Neville Jones. .. Notre Dame, Ind., The University Press, 1945. url p. 132.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 454, p. 461, p. 462.
- Flora of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, Malden, Middlesex Institute, 1888. url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 63.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford, [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1891. url p. 14.
- Flora of the Blue Hills, Middlesex Fells, Stony Brook and Beaver Brook reservations, of the Metropolitan Park Commission, Massachusetts. Boston: C.M. Barrows, 1896. url p. 4.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 157.
- Flora of the Patuxent Research Refuge, Maryland / Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Biological Survey,  url p. 21.
- Flora of the southeastern United States; being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, and in Oklahom by John Kunkel Small. New York, The author, 1913. url p. 436.
- Flowers and insects; lists of visitors of four hundred and fifty-three flowers, by Charles Robertson. Carlinville, Ill., n.p.1928. url p. 159.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp, by Caroline A. Creevey. Illustrated by Benjamin Lander. New York, Harper, 1897. url p. 558.
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url .
- Flowers that bloom in the spring: spring comes to Illinois--and with it come wild flowers which are part of the picture of springtime / by Virginia S. Eifert; illustrations by the author. Springfield, Ill.: State of Illinois, Dept. of Registration & Education, Illinois State Museum, 1952. url p. 17, p. 46.
- Forest conditions of Mississippi. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 141, p. 150.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 82, p. 82.
- Fundamentals of botany / by C. Stuart Gager. Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co., c1916. url p. 463, p. 623.
- Fundamentals of botany, Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1916. url .
- Fundamentals of botany, by C. Stuart Gager. With 435 illustrations. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston, 1916. url p. 623.
- Fundamentals of botany. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 463, p. 623.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url , p. 199.
- Gardening. Chicago, the Gardening Co., 1892-1925. url p. 247.
- Gray's Botanical text-book. New York: American Book Company, c1879. url p. 365.
- Guide for laboratory practice in plant morphology, [Ithaca, N. Y.]Pub. by the Author, 1894. url .
- Guide to the study of common plants. An introduction to botany. Boston, D. C. Heath, [c1895] url .
- Handbook of nature study, for teachers and pupils in elementary schools. By D. Lange. .. London: The Macmillan co., 1898. url p. 153.
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 488, p. 503, p. 520, p. 70.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url , p. 194, p. 270, p. 333, p. 6.
- Illinois River Bluffs area assessment / Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Office of Scientific Research and Analysis, [and the] State Geological Survey Division. Springfield, Ill.: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources, 1998- url p. 168, p. 175.
- Illinois wild flowers, by John Voss and Virginia S. Eifert. Springfield,  url p. 20.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 234, p. 540.
- Introduction to botany. Boston, Ginn url p. 86.
- Iowa parks. Conservation of Iowa historic, scenic and scientific areas. Also, a description of numerous areas suitable for public state parks, with reasons for their preservation. Report of the State board of con Pub. by the state of Iowa. Des Moines url p. 46.
- Iowa parks. Des Moines url p. 46.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 95.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. 24 1886 London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 125.
- Journal of mycology. Manhattan, Kan.: [s.n.], 1885-1908. url p. 269.
- Journal of the Kentucky Academy of Science. Lexington, KY: The Academy, 1998- url p. 125, p. 48, p. 62.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 40 1939 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 186, p. 293.
- Key and flora, northern and central states. Boston, Ginn,  url p. 86.
- Key and flora: northern and central states / Boston: Ginn, 1908. url .
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 158.
- Lists of plant types for landscape planting; the materials of planting for ornament listed according to their various uses, by Stephen F. Hamblin. Cambridge, Harvard University Press, 1923. url , , p. 100, p. 124, p. 153.
- Manual of the southeastern flora: being descriptions of the seed plants growing naturally in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, eastern Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. 1933 New York: The author, 1933. url p. 518.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url p. 11, p. 53.
- Michigan flora: a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation / prepared by W.J. Beal. [Lansing, Mich.]: State Board of Agriculture: 1904. url p. 78, p. 78.
- Morphology of angiosperms (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) by John Merle Coulter and Charles James [!] Chamberlain. New York, Appleton & Co., 1903. url p. 60.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 20.
- Our early wild flowers: a study of the herbaceous plants blooming in early spring in the northern states / by Harriet L. Keeler. Illustrated by Mary Keffer and Eloise P. Luquer. New York: Scribner, 1916. url p. 247.
- Outlines of botany for the high school laboratory and classroom (based on Gray's Lessons in botany) by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt. .. prepared at the request of the Botanical Department of Harvard University. New York, American Book Co. url p. 44.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 286, p. 71, p. 76.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 511.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 511.
- Plant names, scientific and popular, including in the case of each plant the correct botanical name in accordance with the reformed nomenclature, together with botanical and popular synonyms. .. Comp. from the most authentic sources by A. B. Lyons. Detroit, Nelson, Baker & Co., 1900. url p. 362.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 37.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits, by George Lincoln Walton... Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1909. url p. 200, p. 66.
- Preliminary list of plants growing without cultivation in the vicinity of Manchester, New Hampshire. Comp. by Frederick W. Batchelder. Manchester, N. H., Manchester institute of arts and sciences url p. 24.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 1009, p. 211.
- Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Natural Sciences. Davenport, Ia., Academy of Natural Sciences [etc.] url p. 221.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 119, p. 130, p. 170, p. 174, p. 202, p. 202, p. 284, p. 369.
- Proceedings of the Rochester Academy of Science. Rochester, N.Y.: The Academy.1889- url p. 120, p. 211, p. 338.
- Report of the Geological Survey of Ohio. Columbus, Nevins & Myers, state printers, 1873-93. url .
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1900-1904. url p. 149.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 59, p. 65.
- School and home gardens, Boston, Ginn and Co.[c1913] url .
- School and home gardens, by W. H. D. Meier. Boston, Ginn and company, [c1913] url p. 309.
- Science. New York, N.Y.: [s.n.]1880- url p. 281.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 15 1878 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 25.
- Spring wild flowers. Chicago:Field Museum of Natural History, 1924. url p. 12.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 14, p. 455.
- Stout manual training school; a handbook for planning and planting small home grounds. .. with a list of native and commonly cultivated plants that are represented in the collection upon the Stout manual training school grounds. Menomonie, Wis., Stout manual training school, 1899. url p. 20, p. 62, p. 67.
- Structural botany, or Organography on the basis of morphology. To which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. Chicago, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, and company,  url .
- Structural botany, or, Organography on the basis of morphology. To which is added the principles of taxonomy and phytography, and a glossary of botanical terms. By Asa Gray. New York: American Book Compnay,  url p. 365.
- Students' handbook to accompany Plants and their uses / by Frederick Leroy Sargent. New York: Henry Holt, 1914. url .
- Studies in natural history. Iowa City, Ia. url p. 114, p. 40, p. 91.
- Studies of the vegetation of Missouri. .. / By Julian A. Steyermark. 9 1940 [Chicago, 1940- url p. 470.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 12, p. 14, p. 47, p. 49, p. 61.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 1052.
- The American midland naturalist. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame. url p. 288, p. 323, p. 362.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 233, p. 39, p. 512, p. 564, p. 75.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 277.
- The Journal of the Iowa Academy of Science: JIAS. Cedar Falls, Iowa: The Academy, 1988- url p. 108, p. 134.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota Valley: a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota River / by Conway MacMillan. Minneapolis: Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota, 1892. url p. 235.
- The Metaspermae of the Minnesota valley; a list of the higher seed-producing plants indigenous to the drainage-basin of the Minnesota river. Minneapolis[Harrison & Smith, State Printers]1892 url p. 235.
- The Natural history of the Toronto Region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. -- Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url .
- The North American Pyrenomycetes. A contribution to mycologic botany, by J. B. Ellis and B. M. Everhart. With original illustrations by F. W. Anderson. Newfield, N.J., Ellis & Everhart, 1892. url p. 10.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 107.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 151.
- The Popular science monthly. New York, Popular Science Pub. Co., etc. url p. 89, p. 95.
- The Proceedings of the Iowa Academy of Science. Des moines, Iowa: The Academy, [1889-1987] url p. 108, p. 134, p. 141.
- The commonly occurring wild plants of Canada: a flora for the use of beginners. Toronto, Gage url p. 5.
- The complete illustrated book of garden magic. Chicago, J.G. Ferguson Pub. Co. url p. 146, p. 99.
- The elements of structural botany with special reference to the study of Canadian plants. .. by H. B. Spotton. Toronto, W. J. Gage & Co.[1897?] url p. 5.
- The flora of Scott and Muscatine counties. By W.D. Barnes, Fred Reppert [and] A.A. Miller. Davenport, Iowa, 1901 url p. 200.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 81.
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries / by WJillard Nelson Clute. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1898. url p. 2.
- The natural history and topography of Groton, Massachusetts / by Samuel Abbott Green. .. [Cambridge, J. Wilson and Son]1912-14. url p. 6.
- The natural history of the Toronto region, Ontario, Canada / edited by J.H. Faull. Toronto: Canadian Institute, 1913. url p. 117.
- The plants of Michigan; simple keys for the identification of the native seed plants of the state, by Henry Allan Gleason. Ann Arbor, G. Wahr, c1918. url p. 39.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey with especial reference to the flora of the pine barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, N. J., 1911. url .
- The preservation and management of vegetation in ravines in Highland Park, Illinois: a report / prepared by Kenneth R. Robertson and E. B. Himelick of the Illinois Natural History Survey, Urbana, Illinois. Urbana: The Survey, 1977. url p. 18.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 3296, p. 3580, p. 3612.
- Through glade and mead; a contribution to local natural history, Worcester, Mass., Putnam, Davis and Company, [c1894] url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 102, p. 102, p. 103, p. 122, p. 126, p. 134, p. 159, p. 167, p. 171, p. 189, p. 285, p. 43, p. 65, p. 83.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 482.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 102.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 166, p. 196, p. 29, p. 41, p. 65, p. 92.
- Who's who among the wild flowers / compiled and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft; with an introd. by Frances Duncan. New York: Moffat, Yard, 1910. url p. 345.
- Who's who among the wild flowers; comp. and illustrated by W. I. Beecroft, with an introduction by Frances Duncan. New York, Moffat, Yard and company, 1910. url p. 345.
- Wild flower families; the haunts, characters, and family relationships of the herbaceous wild flowers, with suggestions for their identification, & London, J. B. Lippincott Company, 1908. url .
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 124, p. 125, p. 409.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies. Worcester, Mass., Reed, 1910. url p. 124, p. 125, p. 409.
- Wild flowers every child should know: arranged according to color with reliable descriptions of the more common species of the United States and Canada / by Frederic William Stack. New York: Doubleday, Page and Company, 1909. url p. 231, p. 396.
- Wild flowers of the north-eastern states: being three hundred and eight individuals common to the north-eastern United States, New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1904. url , .
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 21, 2012.
- Wencai Wang, Dezhi Fu, Liang-Qian Li, Bruce Bartholomew, Anthony R. Brach, Bryan E. Dutton, Michael G. Gilbert, Yuichi Kadota, Orbélia R. Robinson, Michio Tamura, Michael J. Warnock, Guanghua Zhu & Svetlana N. Ziman "Ranunculaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 6 Page 133. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]