Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Adders Eyes, Bird´s-Eye, Pimpernel, Poor-Man´s-Weatherglass, Red Chickweed, Scarlet Pimpernel, Shepherd´s-Clock, Shepherd´s-Weatherglass
Common Names in French:
Buglosse Des Champs, Mouron Des Champs
Common Names in German:
Common Names in Romanian:
Scânteiuţă, Scînteiuţă, Scinteuta
Common Names in Spanish:
, rarely suffruticose
. Leaves alternate, opposite, or whorled
, often all basal, simple
, entire to lobed
. Flowers solitary or in panicles, racemes
, or umbels, usually with bracts, perfect
, (4- or) 5(--9) -merous, often heterostylous (Primula) . Calyx persistent
. Corolla gamopetalous, actinomorphic
, rarely absent (Glaux) . Stamens as many as and opposite corolla lobes
, ± epipetalous
, occasionally with scalelike staminodes. Filaments
into a tube
. Ovary superior, rarely semi-inferior (Samolus), unilocular
; placentation free central; style simple; stigma inconspicuous, capitate. Fruit a capsule, dehiscing by valves
, rarely circumscissile or indehiscent. Seeds many or few; embryo small, straight, surrounded by endosperm.
The family contains 22 genera and ca. 1000 species, occurring mainly in temperate and mountainous regions of the northern hemisphere. Twelve genera and 517 species are widely distributed throughout China, but are represented mostly in the S and W regions. The centers of diversity for Primula, Androsace, and Omphalogramma are W Sichuan, E Xizang, and NW Yunnan. Lysimachia is also highly developed in provinces S of the Chang Jiang, while Pomatosace is an endemic genus confined to a small area of NW Sichuan and Qinghai.
Many species of Primula and Androsace are cultivated for their attractive flowers as pot plants , in rock gardens, or in garden borders . Some species of Lysimachia are used medicinally. Cyclamen persicum Miller is frequently cultivated as a pot plant.
, biennial, or perennial
, usually glabrous
. Stems erect
. Leaves opposite or alternate, rarely verticillate
, short petiolate
to sessile, margin
entire. Flowers solitary, axillary
, 5-merous. Calyx parted
nearly to base
. Corolla blue, red, or white, rotate or infundibuliform
very short or obsolete
; lobes contorted in bud. Stamens attached at base of corolla; filaments
, apex obtuse
. Ovary ovoid
; style filiform
; stigma obtuse. Capsule globose
, circumscissile, many seeded.
Approximately 28 species distributed throughout the temperate zone in Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, and South America; one species occurs in China.
Species Anagallis arvensis
Herbs annual or biennial, 10--30 cm tall. Stems quadrangular , short winged on ridges , usually branched from base . Leaves opposite, occasionally in whorls of 3, sessile, ovate to narrowly ovate, 7--18(--25) X 3--12(--15) mm, minutely glandular punctate mainly abaxially, base subrounded, margin entire, apex obtuse or acute. Pedicel recurved in fruit, 2--3 cm. Calyx lobes linear-lanceolate, 3.5--6 mm, hyaline margined , apex long acuminate, costate . Corolla blue or red, rotate, 4--6 mm, parted nearly to base; lobes obovate-elliptic, 2.7--3 mm wide, margin entire to denticulate . Stamens 1/3--1/2 as long as corolla; filaments pubescent . Style ca. 1.5 mm. Capsule ca. 3.5 mm in diam. 2n = 22, 28, 40@. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: June, July, August. • Flower Color: red
Size: under 6" tall.
Cultivated areas, wasteland, roadsides.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 5,107 meters (0 to 16,755 feet).
Duration: Annual , Biennial
Culture: Space 18-24" apart.
Soil: Minimum pH: 5.6 • Maximum pH: 8.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Sun to Partial Shade.
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 7a, 7b, 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- R. Dahlgren Ex Reveal, 1996
- Dumortier, 1829
- Family: Primulaceae () - Batsch ex Borkh., 1797, nom. cons. - primevères, primroses
- Order: Ericales () - Dumortier, 1829
- Superorder: Primulanae () - R. Dahlgren Ex Reveal, 1996
- Subclass: Asteridae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Members of the genus Anagallis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 23 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
A. arvensis (Adders Eyes) · A. arvensis arvensis (Pimpernel) · A. arvensis coerulea (Pimpernel) · A. arvensis foemina (Pimpernel) · A. arvensis var. arvensis (Scarlet Pimpernel) · A. arvensis subsp. arvensis (Scarlet Pimpernel) · A. arvensis subsp. foemina (Poorman's Weatherglass) · A. foemina foemina (Poorman's Weatherglass) · A. minima (Chaffweed) · A. monelli (Blue Pimpernel) · A. monellii (Blue Pimpernel) · A. monellii 'Anablue' (Blue Pimpernel 'anablue') · A. monellii 'Blue Light' (Blue Pimpernel) · A. monellii 'Skylover' (Blue Pimpernel) · A. monelli 'Angie Upright Blue' (Angie Blue Anagallis) · A. pumila (Florida Pimpernel) · A. tenella (Bog Pimpernel) · A. tenella 'Sunrise' (Bog Pimpernel) · A. 'Anaora' (Blue Pimpernel 'anaora') · A. 'Cinnamon' (Pimpernel) · A. 'Spice' (Pimpernel) · A. 'Wildcat Blue' (Pimpernel) · A. 'Wildcat Orange' (Pimpernel)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A catalogue of plants growing without cultivation in the County of Nantucket, Mass. Northampton, Mass., Gazette Printing Co., 1888. url p. 41.
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url , , p. 177, p. 187.
- A contribution to the flora of Derbyshire being an account of the flowering plants, ferns, and Characeae found in the county / by W.H. Painter. London: George Bell, 1889. url p. 100.
- A determination of the economic status of the western meadow-lark (Sturnella neglecta) in California, by Harold Child Bryant. Berkeley, University of California press,  url p. 425.
- A dictionary of American plant names / compiled by Willard N. Clute. Joliet, Ill.: W.N. Clute, 1923. url p. 111.
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 159.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 532.
- A flora of the English Lake District. London, G. Bell, 1885. url .
- A flora of western middle California, Berkeley, Cal., Encina Publishing Company, 1901. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers Toronto: McLelland, Goodchild & Steward, c1899. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers by Alice Lounsberry; with sixty four coloured and one hundred black-and-white plates and fifty-four diagrams by Ellis Rowan; with an introduction by N.L. Britton. Toronto: W. Briggs, c1899. url .
- A guide to the wild flowers, by Alice Lounsberry. With sixty-four coloured and one hundred black-and-white plates and fifty-four diagrams by Mrs. Ellis Rowan; with an introduction by Dr. N.L. Britton... New York, Frederick A. Stokes company url p. 466.
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 471.
- A histological and physiological analysis of adventitious root formation in juvenile and mature cuttings of Ficus pumila L. / by Frederick Tracy Davies, Jr. 1978. url p. 98.
- A manual flora of Egypt / by Reno Muschler. With a preface by Paul Ascherson and Georg Schweinfurth. Berlin, R. Friedlaender, 1912. url p. 1247, p. 1253, p. 1255, p. 1262, p. 719, p. 720.
- A manual of botany, including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, J & A. Churchill, 1887. url p. 607.
- A manual of organic materia medica and pharmacognosy; an introduction to the study of the vegetable kingdom and the vegetable and animal drugs (with syllabus of inorganic remedial agents) comprising the botanical and physical characteristics, source, con Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 342, p. 582.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url , , .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url figs. 389-390 , fig. 387, p. 676, p. 678.
- A manual of weeds, with descriptions of all the most pernicious and troublesome plants in the United States and Canada, their habits of growth and distribution, with methods of control, by Ada E. Georgia. .. with 385 illustrations by F. Schuyler Mathews. .. New York: The Macmillan Company, 1916, c1914. url p. 571.
- A narrative history of the town of Cohasset, Massachusetts. [Cohasset]Committee on Town History, 1898-1956. url p. 546.
- A new British flora: British wild flowers in their natural haunts / described by A. R. Horwood; with sixty-four plates in colour representing 350 different plants, from drawings by J. N. Fitch and many illustrations from photographs. London: Gresham, 1919. url , p. 142, p. 143, p. 213.
- A popular California flora, or, Manual of botany for beginners. Containing descriptions of flowering plants growing in central California, and westward to the ocean. With illustrated introductory lessons, especially adapted to the Pacific coast. By Volney Rattan. .. San Francisco, A.L. Bancroft and Company, 1885 [c1882] url p. 73.
- A popular California flora: or, manual of botany for beginners. ..: to which is added an Analytical key to west coast botany. .. / San Francisco: Bancroft, 1892. url .
- A preliminary catalogue of the flora of Vancouver and Queen Charlotte Islands. Victoria, B.C., Printed by W. H. Cullin, 1921. url p. 66.
- A preliminary list of the plants of New Brunswick compiled by James Fowler; with assistance of members of New Brunswick Natural History Society. Saint John, N.B.: Ellis, Robertson & Co., 1885. url .
- A preliminary list of the vascular flora of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania / by John A. Shaffer. Pittsburgh?: Carnegie Institute Museum?, 1901? url p. 76.
- A provisional host-index of the fungi of the United States, by W. G. Farlow and A. B. Seymour. Cambridge, 1888-91. url p. 206.
- A school flora: for the use of elementary botanical classes / by W. Marshall Watts. New York: Longmans, Green, 1910. url .
- A season among the wildflowers / by the Rev. Henry Wood. London: .W. S. Sonnenschein, 1883. url p. 91.
- A student's text-book of botany / by Sydney H. Vines. London: Macmillan, 1895. url p. 653.
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 88.
- A survey and record of Woolwich and West Kent containing descriptions and records, brought up-to-date, of geology, botany, zoology, archaeology and industries of the district, with a brief photographic commentary, in commemoration of the 12th Ann General editors, C.H. Grinling, T.A. Ingram [and] B.C. Polkinghorne. Woolwich: Labour Representation Print. Co., 1909. url p. 110.
- A text-book of botany / London; Macmillan, 1898. url , , .
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 518.
- A text-book of botany, by Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. Fritz Noll. .. [and] Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan and co., limited, 1908. url p. 719.
- Alien flora of Britain. London, West, Newman, 1905. url p. 129.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 237, p. 32.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url page 108- 1, p. xiv.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url , , .
- An account of the flowering plants, ferns and allies of Harleston. With a sketch of the geology, climate, and natural characteristics of the neighbourhood. Compiled and edited by Francis William Galpin. To which are added Observations on the birds of the district, by Charles Candler. London, Bartlett, 1888. url p. 86.
- An elementary text-book of botany, by Sydney H. Vines. .. London: S. Sonnenschein & co., lim.;1898. url p. 572.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 74.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 333, p. 334, p. 335.
- An illustrated flora of the northern United States, Canada and the British possessions: from Newfoundland to the parallel of the southern boundary of Virginia and from the Atlantic Ocean westward to the 102nd meridian / by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Hon. Addison Brown. New York: Scribner, 1913. url , p. 716.
- An illustrated guide to the flowering plants of the middle Atlantic and New England states (excepting the grasses and sedges) the descriptive text written in familiar language, by George T. Stevens. .. with more than 1800 illustrations from drawings by the author. New York, Dodd, Mead and company, 1910. url p. 478.
- Animal life and the world of nature: a magazine of natural history throughout the world. London: Hutchinson, 1902-1904. url p. 11.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 76.
- Annals of the South African Museum. Annale van die Suid-Afrikaanse Museum. Cape Town [etc., South African Museum, etc.] url p. 134, p. 98.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 561.
- Annual report / Albany: University of the State of New York, 1902-1918. url p. 8.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 10, p. 158, p. 175, p. 199, p. 222, p. 4, p. 55, p. 7.
- Annual report of the New Jersey State Museum. Trenton, N.J.: MacCrellish & Quigley, url p. 630.
- Annual report of the Regents / Albany: J.B. Lyon, State Printer, 1890-1903. url p. 93.
- Annuals hardy and half hardy. New York, Frederick A. Stokes Co., [1914?] url p. 113, p. 94.
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 1286, p. 1291.
- Augustana Library publications. Rock Island, Ill.: Augustana College and Theological Seminary, 1898-1981. url p. 107.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 29 - 41 1957 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 12, p. 12, p. 16, p. 22, p. 28, p. 72, p. 78, p. 79, p. 86.
- Bergen's botany: key and flora: Northern and Central States ed. / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 174.
- Blakeney Point, Norfolk: topography and vegetation / F. W. Oliver and E. J. Salisbury. London: F.T. Smith, 1913. url p. 26, p. 35, p. 42, p. 43, p. 44, p. 46, p. 49, p. 54.
- Botanical notes at Barton & Mildenhall, Suffolk / by Sir Charles J.F. Bunbury; edited by his wife. Mildenhall: Printed by S.R. Simpson, 1889 url p. 264.
- Botanical survey of Nebraska. Conducted by the Botanical Seminar. I-VII. Lincoln, Neb., 1892-1904. url .
- Botany for academies and colleges: consisting of plant development and structure from seaweed to clematis, Philadelphia, J.B. Lippincott company, 1889. url .
- Botany for high schools and colleges. New York: H. Holt, 1885. url .
- Botany of Socotra. By Isaac Bayley Balfour. .. with the assistance of other botanists. .. Edinburgh, R. Grant, 1888. url , p. 151.
- Botany. New York, Holt, 1889. url p. 571.
- British flowering plants. By W. F. Kirby. With 120 coloured plates, showing the most important characters of each plant figured; and 119 illustrations in the text. London, Sidney Appleton, 1906. url p. 119, p. 186, p. 186, p. 205, p. 209.
- British fungi. Phycomycetes and Ustilagineae. By George Massee. London, L. Reeve and Co., 1891. url p. 126, p. 225.
- British plants: their biology and ecology / by J. F. Bevis and H. J. Jeffery. London: A. Rivers, 1911. url p. 282, p. 319, p. 319, p. 329, p. 329.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 21 1932 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 7.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 581.
- Bulletin - Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono]Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. url .
- Bulletin / Ohio Biological Survey. Columbus, Ohio: Ohio State University, 1913- url p. 203.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 41, p. 52.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1903 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 2, p. 3, p. 3, p. 300, p. 321.
- Bulletin of the California Academy of Sciences. [S.l.: The Academy], 1884- url p. 225, p. 375.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. 1 1899 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 218, p. 356.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 112, p. 23.
- Bulletin. California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco. San Francisco url p. 225, p. 375.
- By meadow, grove and stream: an introduction to nature study / by Henry Hilton Brown. .. London: Religious Tract Society, [1907?] url p. 69.
- California fish and game. [San Francisco, etc.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Fish and Game. url p. 180, p. 184, p. 191, p. 330.
- California plants in their homes; a botanical reader for children [with supplement] Illustrated by Alice C. Cooper and Mary E. Lewis. Los Angeles, Cal., B. R. Baumgardt & co.1898. url p. 113.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 17, p. 57.
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants, arranged according to the phyletic classification; with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Univ Columbus, The Ohio State University, 1914. url .
- Catalog of Ohio vascular plants: arranged according to the phyletic classification: with notes on the geographical distribution in the state, based mainly on specimens in the State Herbarium, Botanical Laboratory, the Ohio State Uni by John H. Schaffner. Columbus: Ohio State University, 1914. url p. 203.
- Catalog of hymenoptera in America north of Mexico / prepared cooperatively by specialists on the various groups of Hymenoptera under the direction of Karl V. Krombein. .. [et al.]. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1979- url p. 2043, p. 2659.
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 19, p. 262, p. 296, p. 360, p. 448.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 19, p. 262, p. 296, p. 360, p. 448.
- Catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns of Connecticut growing without cultivation / by Charles Burr Graves. .. [et al.]; Committee of the Connecticut Botanical Society. Hartford: Printed for the State Geological and Natural History Survey, 1910. url p. 317.
- Catalogue of the phaenogamous and vascular cryptogamous plants of Missouri. Jefferson City, Tribune Printing Co., 1886. url .
- Checklist of plants of the Ottawa District. Ottawa, 1958. url p. 69.
- Colonsay, one of the Hebrides, its plants: their local names and usses--legends, ruins, and place-names--Gaelic names of birds, fishes, etc.--climate, geological formation, etc. By Murdoch McNeill. Edinburgh: D. Douglas, 1910. url p. 144.
- Common and scientific names of weeds in Canada = Noms populaires et scientifiques des plantes nuisibles du Canada / Ottawa: Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada = Agriculture et agroalimentaire Canada, c2000. url p. 114.
- Common weeds of the farm & garden / by Harold C. Long in collaboration with John Percival. New York: Frederick A. Stokes, 1910. url p. 113, p. 369, p. 380, p. 435, p. 6.
- Comparative anatomy of the vegetative organs of the phanerogams and ferns / by A. de Bary; translated and annotated by F.O. Bower and D.H. Scott; with 241 woodcuts and an index. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1884. url p. 308, p. 627.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , , , .
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1892- url .
- Contributions from the Osborn Botanical Laboratory. [New Haven?]Osborn Botanical Laboratory, Yale University, url p. 363.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 21 1919 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 226, p. 329, p. 411, p. 412, p. 494, p. 662.
- Contributions from the University of Michigan Herbarium. 11 1973 Ann Arbor: University Herbarium, University of Michigan, 1939- url p. 117.
- Contributions from the herbarium of the Geological Survey of Canada / by James M. Macoun. [Ottawa?: s.n.], 1894-1906. url p. 281.
- Contributions to Canadian botany / by Jas. M. Macoun. Ottawa: [s. n.], 1894-1906. url p. 281.
- Contributions to the natural history of the Bermudas. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1884. url p. 133, p. 87.
- Contributions towards a Cybele hibernica, being outlines of the geographical distribution of plants in Ireland. Dublin.E. Ponsonby, 1898. url .
- Darwinism: an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications / by Alfred Russel Wallace. London; Macmillan, 1891. url p. 165.
- Darwinism; an exposition of the theory of natural selection, with some of its applications, by Alfred Russel Wallace. London and New York, Macmillan and co., 1889. url p. 165.
- Dictionary of biological equivalents, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager. .. Baltimore, The Williams & Wilkins company, 1930. url p. 52.
- Dictionary of botanical equivalents, French-English, German-English, by Ernst Artschwager and Edwina M. Smiley. Baltimore, Md., Williams & Wilkins[c1921] url p. 50.
- Dictionary of the common names of plants with list of foreign plants cultivated in the open / by Rudolf Marloth. Cape Town: Specialty Press of South Africa, 1917. url p. 68.
- Diseases of cattle, sheep, goats and swine, New York, W. R. Jenkins, 1905. url , p. 251.
- Diseases of cultivated plants and trees / by George Massee. New York: Macmillan, [1910?] url p. 112, p. 593.
- Economic plants. An index to economic products of the vegetable kingdom in Jamaica. Comp. by William Fawcett. .. Jamaica, Govt. Print. Establishment, 1891. url p. 9.
- Elementary botany / London: G. Bell, 1898. url .
- Elementary flora of the Northwest, by Theodore C. Frye. .. and George B. Rigg. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American book company[c1914] url p. 176.
- Epping Forest / by Edward North Buxton. London: E. Stanford, 1885. url p. 124.
- Erigenia: journal of the Illinois Native Plant Society. Carbondale, Ill.: The Society, 1982- url p. 19, p. 53.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 125, p. 18.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 837.
- Farmer's cyclopedia: a compilation of such bulletins and reports as are indispensable to the practical farmer. Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1914. url p. 402.
- Fauna, flora & geology of the Clyde area, ed. by G.F. Scott Elliot, Malcolm Laurie and J. Barclay Murdoch. Glasgow, Pub. by the local committee for the meeting of the British Association, 1901. url p. 122.
- Favorite drives around Gardner, by Charles D. Burrage. Illustrated from original photographs. From papers read before the Monday club and Gardner institute. The original drawings by Charles H. Stratton. [Gardner, Mass.]Press of the Gardner News Company url p. 36.
- Field and woodland plants / by W. S. Furneaux. London; Longmans, Green, and Co., 1909 url p. 294, p. 378.
- Field and woodland plants, by W.S. Furneaux. With 8 plates in colour, and numerous illustrations by Patten Wilson, and photographs from nature by the author. London, Longmans, Green, 1911. url p. 294.
- Field book of American wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews. 1912 New York, Putnam,  url index, page 571.
- Field book of american wild flowers; being a short description of their character and habits, a concise definition of their colors, and incidental references to the insects which assist in their fertilization, by F. Schuyler Mathews... with numerous reproductions of water colors and pen-and-ink studies from nature by the author. New York, G.P. Putnam, 1902. url p. 537.
- Field book of western wild flowers, by Margaret Armstrong in collaboration with J.J. Thornber. .. with five hundred illustrations in black and white, and forty-eight plates in color drawn from nature by the author. London, C. [sic] P. Putnam's Sons, 1915. url p. 581.
- Field, forest and garden botany: a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated / by Asa Gray. New York: American Book, c1895. url p. 276.
- Field, forest, and garden botany; a simple introduction to the common plants of the United States east of the 100th meridian, both wild and cultivated, by Asa Gray. .. Cincinnati [etc.]American Book Company url p. 276.
- First book of Indian botany. London, Macmillan, 1907. url p. 263.
- Flora Ottawaensis by James Fletcher. S.l.: s.n., 188-? url .
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 282.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 282.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1938 Chicago, 1937. url p. 902.
- Flora of County Kerry: including the flowering plants, ferns, Characeae, &c. Dublin: Hodges, Figgis, 1916. url .
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 204.
- Flora of Derbyshire: flowering plants, higher cryptogams, mosses and hepatics, Characeae. London, Bemrose & Sons Ltd., 1903. url p. 211.
- Flora of Guatemala / Paul C. Standley and Louis O. Williams. 24 1966 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1966. url p. 201, fig. 57, page 202, p. viii.
- Flora of Guernsey and the lesser Channel Islands: namely, Alderney, Sark, Herm, Jethou, and the adjacent islets. London, Dulau, 1901. url p. 153, p. 19, p. 375, p. 432, p. 456, p. 473, p. 477, p. 482.
- Flora of Illinois, containing keys for identification of flowering plants and ferns. Notre Dame, Ind., University of Notre Dame Press, 1963. url p. 179.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 750.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 715.
- Flora of Kwangtung and Hongkong (China) being an account of the floweriing plants, ferns and fern allies together with keys for their determination preceded by a map and introduction, London, H. M. Stationery off., printed by Darling and son, ltd., 1912. url .
- Flora of Lancaster County; being descriptions of the seed- plants growing naturally in Lancaster County, Pennsylvanial. By John Kunkel Small and Joel Jackson Carter. New York, 1913. url p. 222.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 276.
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb.[c1912] url .
- Flora of Nebraska; a list of the ferns, conifers and flowering plants of the state with keys for their determination. Plainview, Neb., 1923 url p. 102.
- Flora of New Bedford and the shores of Buzzards Bay, with a procession of the flowers. New Bedford [Mass.]E. Anthony, 1911. url p. 112.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 492.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 492.
- Flora of Pennsylvania. Edited with the addition of analytical keys by John Kunkel Small. Boston, Ginn & Co., 1903. url p. 244.
- Flora of Peru / by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1959 Chicago, [Ill.]: Field Museum of Natural History,  url p. 150.
- Flora of Sussex; or a list of the flowering plants & ferns found in the county of Sussex, with localities of the less common species. London, Simpkin [et al.]1907. url p. 90.
- Flora of Vermont. List of ferns and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Vermont Botanical Club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Print. Co., 1915. url p. 234.
- Flora of West Virginia, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh and Lawrence William Nuttall. 1 1896 Chicago, 1896. url p. 222.
- Flora of southern British Columbia and Vancouver Island: with many references to Alaska and northern species / by Joseph Kaye Henry. Toronto: W.J. Gage, c1915. url p. 238.
- Flora of southern and Lower California. A check-list of the flowering plants and ferns / by Charles Russell Orcutt. San Diego, Cal., 1885. url p. 7.
- Flora of the District of Columbia and vicinity. By A.S. Hitchcock and Paul C. Standley, with the assistance of the botanists of Washington. WashingtonGovt. print. off.1919 url p. 226.
- Flora of the Patuxent Research Refuge, Maryland / Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of the Interior, Bureau of Biological Survey,  url p. 28.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia / by P.A. Rydberg. New York: The author, 1922. url p. 651.
- Flora of the Southern United States: containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida: arranged according to the natural system. New York, Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor & Co., [c1883] url .
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 285.
- Flora of the southern United States, containing an abridged description of the flowering plants and ferns of Tennessee, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida; arranged according to the natural system by A.W. Chapman. New York, American Book Company url p. 281.
- Flora of the vicinity of New York; a contribution to plant geography. [New York]1915 url p. 499.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url .
- Florula Mortolensis. An enumeration of the plants growing wild at La Mortola. Ventimiglia, Billi, 1905. url .
- Flowers of field, hill, and swamp; New York, Harper & Brothers, 1899. url , , , .
- Flowers of the field, by the late Rev. C. A. Johns. London, Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url p. 14, p. 322.
- Flowers of the field. London, G. Routledge, 1908. url .
- Flowers of the field. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1911. url .
- Forestry. London: W. Rider, [1883-1886]. url p. 266.
- Foundations of botany / by Joseph Y. Bergen. Boston: Ginn, 1901. url p. 174, p. 174.
- Gaelic names of plants (Scottish and Irish) Collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, their uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaelic, Eng EdinburghBlackwood1883 url p. 58.
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 362, p. 459.
- Gardening for beginners; a handbook to the garden, by E.T. Cook. [London]"Country Life" [etc., 1914] url .
- General embryological information service. Utrecht, Hubrecht Laboratory. url p. 17, p. 18.
- General index to the flora of Formosa as recorded in all literature up to the publication of Icones plantarum Formosanarum VI = Taiwan shokubutsu somokuroku / [B. Hayata] [Taihoku]: Taiwan Sotokufu Minseibu Shokusankyoku, 1917. url p. 43.
- Genesis and development of sand formations on marine coasts, Rock Island, Ill., Augustana Book Concern, Printers, 1910. url .
- Gray's School and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany" bound in one volume. New York: American Book Company, [between 1895 and 1900]. url p. 276.
- Gray's school and field book of botany: consisting of "Lessons in botany" and "Field, forest, and garden botany": bound in one volume. New York: American Book Co., c1895. url p. 276.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 497, p. 847.
- Hampstead Hill: its structure, materials and sculpturing / by J. Logan Lobley; with The flora of Hampstead, by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F. A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Haring. London: Roper and Drowley, 1889. url p. 77.
- Hampstead Hill; its structure, materials, and sculpturing. With The flora of Hampstead by Henry T. Wharton; The insect fauna of Hampstead, by F.A. Walker; and The birds of Hampstead, by J. Edmund Harting. LondonRoper and Drowley1889 url p. 77.
- Hand-list of herbaceous plants cultivated in the Royal Botanic Gardens. London, Printed for H. M. Stationery Off. by Darling, 1902. url p. 71.
- Handbook for Southport: medical and general, with copious notices of the natural history of the district / edited by Edward Day McNicoll. Southport [Eng.]: R. Johnson, 1883. url p. 81.
- Handbook of flower pollination based upon Hermann Müller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects'; tr. by J.R. Ainsworth Davis. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1906. url p. 61.
- Handbook of flower pollination: based upon Hermann Mu?ller's work 'The fertilisation of flowers by insects' / Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1906-09. url .
- Handbook of practical botany for the botanical laboratory and private student / by E. Strasburger; translated and edited from the German with many additional notes by W. Hillhouse. London: Macmillan, 1900. url p. 462.
- Handbook of the British flora: a description of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to, or naturalized in, the British Isles. For the use of beginners and amateurs. By George Bentham. London: L. Reeve & Co., 1920. url p. 293.
- Handbook of the flora of Philadelphia and vicinity, containing data relating to the plants within the following radius: eastern Pennsylvania; all of New Jersey except the northern counties; and New Castle County, Delaware, with keys for identification comp. by Ida A. Keller and Stewardson Brown. Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, 1905. url p. 252.
- Harmsworth's Universal encyclopedia, written by the leading authorities in every branch of knowledge and edited by J.A. Hammerton. London, Educational Bk. Co.[n.d.] url p. 6159.
- Harper's guide to wild flowers, by Mrs. Caroline A. Creevey. New York, Harper, 1912. url p. 476, p. 509, p. 520.
- History of Pasadena, comprising an account of the native Indian, Pasadena, Cal., Pasadena history company, 1895. url p. 640.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url p. 206.
- How to find and name wild flowers; being a new method of observing and identifying upwards of 1, 200 species of flowering plants in the British isles; with an introduction by F.E. hulme. .. illustrated by the author, and with four autochrome plates by H. Essenhigh Corke. .. London, Cassell[1906-1930] url p. 238.
- How to know the wild flowers: a guide to the names, haunts, and habits of our common wild flowers / by Mrs. William Starr Dana [i.e. F.T.S.D. Parsons]; illustrated by Marion Satterlee and Elsie Louise Shaw. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1913. url p. 266, p. 333.
- Illustrations of the British flora: a series of wood engravings, with dissections, of British plants. London, L. Reeve, 1919. url .
- Index of British plants according to the London catalogue... London: G. Bell, 1889. url p. 4.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 232, p. 477, p. 612, p. 862.
- Introduction to botany / by William Chase Stevens. Boston: D.C. Heath & Co., 1902. url , p. 89.
- Introduction to botany, Boston, D. C. Heath & Co., 1902. url .
- Irish ethno-botany and the evolution of medicine in Ireland. Dublin, M. H. Gill, 1919. url , p. 90.
- Journal and proceedings of the Hamilton Association. [Hamilton, Ont.]: Printed for the Hamilton Association by the Spector Printing Co., -1899. url p. 111.
- Journal of Indian botany. Madras: Methodist Pub. House, 1919-1923. url p. 175.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 42 1941 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 143.
- Journal of the New-York Microscopical Society. New York: The Society, 1885- url p. 131, p. 49.
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora. Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, [c1919] url .
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora; Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, 1919. url p. 178.
- Key to the system of Victorian plants. .. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Melbourne, R.S. Bain, government printer, 1885-88. url p. 534.
- Lake Superior. [With a narrative of the tour by J. Elliot Cabot. Huntington, N.Y.]R. E. Krieger Pub. Co., 1974 [c1850] url p. 189.
- Larva collecting and breeding: a handbook to the larvae of the British Macro-Lepidoptera and their food plants: both in nature and in confinement, with authorities / by J. Seymour St. John. London: W. Wesley, 1890 url p. 111, p. 62.
- Leaflets of western botany. San Fransisco:[J. T. Howell], 1932-1966. url , p. 140, p. 19, p. 260, p. 291, p. 68, p. 7.
- Lectures on plant physiology / by Ludwig Jost; authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 165.
- Lectures on plant physiology / translated by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 165.
- Lectures on plant physiology. Authorized English translation by R.J. Harvey Gibson. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1907. url p. 165.
- Lectures on the physiology of plants / by Julius von Sachs, translated by H. Marshall Ward. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1887. url p. 804.
- Lessons in the structure, life, and growth of plants, for schools and academies / by Alfonso Wood; revised and edited by Oliver R. Willis. New York: American Book Company, 1889. url p. 84.
- Life and letters of Alexander Goodman More, F.R.S.E., F.L.S., M.R.I.A., with selections from his zoological and botanical writings; ed. by C.B. Moffat, B.A., with a preface by Frances M. More. Dublin, Hodges, Figgis & co. (ltd.)1898. url p. 519, p. 625.
- List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta growing without cultivation in northeastern North America. Prepared by a Committee of the Botanical Club, American Association for the Advancement of Science. New York, 1894. url p. 255.
- Manual of the Flora of Jackson County, Missouri, By Kenneth K. MacKenzie, assisted by B. F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., s.n., 1902 url p. 147.
- Manual of the New Zealand flora. By T. F. Cheeseman. .. Wellington, N. Z., J. Mackay, Govt. Printer, 1906. url p. 1080, p. 1161.
- Manual of the botany of the northern United States: including the district east of the Mississippi, and north of North Carolina and Tennessee / New York: American Book Company, c1889. url p. 331.
- Manual of the flora of Jackson County, Missouri. Assisted by B.F. Bush and others. Kansas City, Mo., 1902. url p. 147.
- Manual of the flora of the northern states and Canada / by Nathaniel Lord Britton. New York: Holt, 1905. url p. 718.
- Manual of the flowering plants of Iowa. [Lamoni, Iowa]Privately published, 1899. url .
- Materials for the study of variation: treated with especial regard to discontinuity in the origin of species / by William Bateson. London: Macmillan, 1894. url p. 44, p. 576.
- Memoirs and proceedings of the Manchester Literary & Philosophical Society. Manchester: The Society, 1888-1980. url p. 5.
- Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club. 4 1893 Durham, N.C.: Published for the Club by the Seeman Printery, 1889- url p. 138, p. 255.
- Memories of the months. London: E. Arnold & Co., 1922. url p. 56.
- Michigan flora. Prepared for the thirtieth annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture, by W. J. Beal and C. F. Wheeler. Lansing: R. Smith & co., printers, 1892 url .
- Minnesota botanical studies. Minneapolis, Geological and Natural History Survey of Minnesota. url p. 874.
- Minnewaska's flora. Minnewaska, N.Y.1896 url p. 9.
- Morphology of angiosperms (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) by John Merle Coulter and Charles James [!] Chamberlain. New York, Appleton & Co., 1903. url p. 46.
- Morphology of angiosperms: (Morphology of spermatophytes, Part II) / by John Merle Coulter and Charles Joseph Chamberlain. New York: D. Appleton, 1909, c1903. url p. 46.
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 97.
- Museum bulletin / Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1908-1916. url p. 8.
- Nantucket wild flowers / by Alice O. Albertson; illustrated by Anne Hinchman. New York and London: G. P. Putnam's sons, 1921. url , , p. 296, p. 296, p. 297.
- National Arboretum contribution. Washington, D.C.: The Arboretum: 1953- url p. 34.
- Natural history of Selborne & observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. New York, Appleton, 1895. url p. 227.
- Natural history of Selborne, and observations on nature / by Gilbert White; with the text and new letters of the Buckland edition; introduction by John Burroughs; illustrations by Clifton Johnson. Toronto: Musson Book Co., 1904. url p. 227.
- Nature's garden: With many color illustrations. Garden City, N. Y., : Garden City Pub. Co., [c1900] url , .
- Nature's garden: an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors / text by Neltje Blanchan; with colored plates and many other illustratins potographed directly form nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1900. url p. 383, p. 401.
- Nature's garden; an aid to knowledge of our wild flowers and their insect visitors. With colored plates and many other illus. photographed directly from nature by Henry Troth and A. R. Dugmore. Text by Neltje Blanchan [pseud.] 1922 Garden City, N. Y.: Doubleday, Page, 1922. url p. 383, index of scientific names, page 401.
- New illustrated encyclopedia of gardening, unabridged. Edited by T.H. Everett, with contributions from twenty horticulturists and authorities in the United States and Canada. New York, Greystone Press[1964-] url p. 101.
- Nonsuch: land of water, by William Beebe. .. with 55 illustrations. Published under the auspices of the New York Zoological Society. New York, Brewer, Warren & Putnam, 1932. url p. 253.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 2 1902 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 110, p. 117, p. 182, p. 204, p. 208, p. 218, p. 223, p. 232, p. 241, p. 247, p. 25, p. 269, p. 27, p. 290, p. 291, p. 319, p. 327, p. 365, p. 366, p. 470, p. 69, p. 86, p. 88.
- Notes on the geology and botany of Digby Neck by L. W. Bailey. S.l.: s.n., 1895? url , .
- Notes on the life history of British flowering plants, London, Macmillan and Co., Ltd., 1905. url , , .
- Observations of a naturalist in the Pacific between 1896 and 1899 / by H.B. Guppy. London: Macmillan and Co., 1903-1906. url p. 607.
- Occasional papers - San Diego Society of Natural History. 1949 San Diego, The Society. url p. 105.
- Occasional papers of Bernice P. Bishop Museum. Honolulu, Bishop Museum Press, 1898-1984. url p. 30, p. 30, p. 330, p. 335, p. 35, p. 35, p. 35.
- Occasional papers of the California Academy of Sciences. San Francisco: California Academy of Sciences, url p. 83.
- Occasional papers. Honolulu, Bishop Museum Press. url p. 30, p. 335, p. 335, p. 335, p. 335, p. 35.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 137.
- Old-fashioned gardening; a history and a reconstruction, New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1913. url .
- On British wild flowers considered in relation to insects / by Lord Avebury. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 133.
- On the origin of species by means of natural selection, or, The preservation of favoured races in the struggle for life. London; Henry Frowde,  url p. 222.
- Origin of species / Charles Darwin. New York, Boston: H.M. Caldwell Co., [1900?] url p. 262.
- Origin of species by means of natural selection, or, The preservation of favored races in the struggle for life / by Charles Darwin. New York: P. F. Collier, 1902. url p. 9.
- Outlines of classification and special morphology of plants, by K. Goebel. A new ed. of Sachs' Text-book of botany, book II, authorized English translation by Henry E. F. Garnsey; rev. by Isaac Bayley Balfour. With 407 woodcuts. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1887. url p. 377, p. 377, p. 492, p. 492.
- Oxford gardens, based upon Daubeny's Popular guide to the physick garden of Oxford: with notes on the gardens of the colleges and on the University park, by R. T. Günther. Oxford: Parker & son; [etc., etc.], 1912. url p. 74.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 65.
- Pasture studies: some results, Bangor [Wales]Jarvis & Foster, printers, 1919. url .
- Physiological botany; I. Outlines of the histology of phaenogamous plants; II. Vegetable physiology. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, [c1885] url p. 413.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 581, p. 603.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 111, p. 147, p. 286, p. 319, p. 341, p. 356, p. 394.
- Plant life of Alabama, an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. By Charles Mohr. .. Montgomery, Ala., Brown printing co., 1901. url p. 662.
- Plant life of Alabama. An account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state. Prepared in cooperationwith the Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1901. url .
- Plant life of Alabama: an account of the distribution, modes of association, and adaptations of the flora of Alabama, together with a systematic catalogue of the plants growing in the state / by Charles Mohr. Montgomery, Ala.: Brown Printing Co., 1901. url p. 662.
- Plant life, considered with special reference to form and function, by Charles Reid Barnes. .. New York: H. Holt & company, 1898. url p. 303.
- Plant lore, legends, and lyrics. Embracing the myths, traditions, superstitions, and folk-lore of the plant kingdom. By Richard Folkard, jun. London, S. Low, Marston, Searle, and Rivington, 1884. url p. 494.
- Plant physiology; authorized English translation by R. J. HarveyGibson; supplement incorporating the alterations of the 2d ed. of the German original. Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1913. url p. 165.
- Plant-breeding; being five lectures upon the amelioration of domestic plants, New York and London, Macmillan and co., 1895. url p. 249.
- Plants for California landscapes: a catalog of drought tolerant plants. [Sacramento, Calif.]: State of California, Resources Agency, Dept. of Water Resources,  url p. 87.
- Plants of Mississippi: a list of flowering plants and ferns / by E.N. Lowe. [Jackson, Miss.]: Mississippi State Geological Survey, 1921. url p. 221.
- Plants of the Punjab: a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province, and Kashmir / by C.J. Bamber. Lahore: Supt. Govt. Printing, Punjab, 1916. url p. 154, p. 2, p. 534.
- Plants of the Punjab; a descriptive key to the flora of the Punjab, North-west Frontier Province and Kashmir. LahorePrinted by The Superintendent Government Printing1916 url p. 154, p. 534.
- Plants poisonous to live stock, by Harold C. Long. .. Cambridge: University press, 1917. url p. 48.
- Plants poisonous to live stock. Cambridge, Univ. Press, 1917. url , p. 48.
- Point Lobos Reseerve; State Park, California. Interpretation of a primitive landscape. Sacramento, [State Print. Off., 1954] url p. 88.
- Poisonous plants in field and garden / by G. Henslow. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1901. url p. 113, p. 183.
- Poisonous plants of Canada / [Ottawa]: Agriculture Canada, 1990. url p. 41, p. 55, p. 88, p. 89, p. 93.
- Poisonous plants of all countries. With the active, chemical principles which they contain; and the toxic symptoms produced by each group. Bristol [Eng.]J. Wright, 1905. url .
- Popular botany; the living plant from seed to fruit, by A.E. Knight and Edward Step. .. New York: H. Holt and company,  url p. 270, p. 270.
- Popular names of flowers, fruits, &c., as used in the county of Somerset and the adjacent parts of Devon, Dorset and Wilts. Yeovil, Western Gazette, 1922. url p. 103, p. 132, p. 159, p. 175, p. 180, p. 205, p. 206, p. 210, p. 215, p. 220, p. 222, p. 226, p. 229, p. 23, p. 233, p. 243, p. 244, p. 252, p. 260, p. 276, p. 282, p. 290, p. 53, p. 55, p. 72.
- Potter's cyclopaedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R.C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke,  url p. viii.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. viii.
- Practical guide to the wild flowers and fruits by George Lincoln Walton. Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1909. url p. 107.
- Preliminary catalogue of plants poisonous to stock. By V.K. Chesnut. .. Washington, 1898? url , p. 412, p. 419.
- Price list of chemical and bacteriological apparatus, chemicals and reagents manufactured and sold by Baird [and] Tatlock (London) Ltd. London, Baird [and] Tatlock, 1914. url p. 1067.
- Principal poisonous plants of the United States. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1898. url p. 57.
- Proceedings and transactions of the South London Entomological & Natural History Society. London: The Society. url p. 21.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 398, p. 643.
- Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science. Indianapolis, Ind.[s.n.] url p. 136, p. 173.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Queensland. [Brisbane, Royal Society of Queensland]1885- url p. 92.
- Publication. Field Columbian Museum. Chicago.: Field Columbian Museum, 1895-1909. url p. 222.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 213.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 8.
- Report upon the fauna of Liverpool Bay and the neighboring seas, written by members of the Liverpool Marine Biology Committee, and edited by W.A. Herdman. London, Longmans, Green, 1886-1900. url p. 42.
- Report. Harpenden [etc.]Lawes Agricultural Trust [etc.] url p. 11, p. 11.
- Rochester and district; a sketch-guide to its geology, flora, & fauna, compiled by J. Hepworth. Rochester, Parrett & Neves, 1913. url p. 28.
- Science progress in the twentieth century: a quarterly journal of scientific work & thought. London: John Murray, 1906-1916. url p. 429.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 379.
- Science-gossip. Berlin: R. Friedländer & Sohn, -1902. url p. 138, p. 172, p. 285.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray / selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, 1889. url p. 240.
- Scientific papers of Asa Gray, selected by Charles Sprague Sargent. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin, 1889. url p. 240, p. 240.
- Seeds handbook for agriculture, horticulture and forestry, with a key for the identification of the important agricultural seeds = Handbuch der Samenkunde für Landwirtschaft, Gartenbau und Forstwirtschaft, mit einem Schlussel zur Bestimmung der wichtigsten landwirtschaftlichen Samen / Walther Brouwen and Adolf Stahlin. [S.l.: s.n.], 1980. url p. 135.
- Settler's guide and farmer's handbook. .. Issued by direction of the Bureau of agriculture. Ed. by L. Lindley-Cowen. .. pt. 1. Perth, E.S. Wigg, 1897- url , p. 569.
- Small, J. K. Flora of the southeastern United States;being descriptions of the seed-plants, ferns and fern-allies growing naturally in North Carolina, South Carolin, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana and the Indian territory and in Oklahoma and Texas east of the one-hundredth meridian /by John Kunkel Small. .. 1903 New York: The author, 1903. url p. 905.
- Some account of the fauna and flora of Sinai, Petra, and Wa?dy 'Arabah, London, Pub. for the Committee of the Palestine exploration fund by A. P. Watt, 1891. url .
- Sources of the Ohio flora, by A.D. Selby and J.W.T. Duvel. Columbus, 1899 url p. 53.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 371.
- South Carolina. Resources and population. Institutions and industries. Pub. by the State Board of Agriculture of South Carolina. Charleston, S.C.: Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1883. url p. 331, p. 331.
- Species and varieties, their origin by mutation; lectures delivered at the University of California Chicago, The Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1906. url .
- Species and varieties: their origin by mutation / lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo DeVries; edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago: The Open Court; 1906, c1904. url p. 162.
- Species and varieties; their origin by mutation. Lectures delivered at the University of California by Hugo De Vries. Edited by Daniel Trembly MacDougal. Chicago, K. Paul, Trench, Truber, 1906 [c1904] url p. 162, p. 825.
- St. Helena: the historic island from its discovery to the present date, by E.L. Jackson, illustrated from photographs. New York, Thomas Whittaker, 1905. url p. 324.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 83.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 686.
- Sturtevant's notes on edible plants / Edited by U.P. Hedrick. Albany: J.B. Lyon, 1919. url p. 47.
- Synoptical flora of North America: the Gamopetalæ, being a second edition of vol. I, part II, and vol. II, part I, collected. London, Iverson, Blakeman, Taylor, and Company;1886. url .
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1871, p. 1877.
- The American botanist and florist, including lessons in the structure, life growth of plants, together with a simple analytical flora, descriptive of the native and cultivated plants growing in the Atlantic division of the American uni New York, Barnes[n.d.] url p. 71.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 27, p. 64, p. 74.
- The Annals of Scottish natural history. Edinburgh: David Douglas, 1892-1911. url p. 110, p. 173, p. 186, p. 234, p. 234, p. 36, p. 41, p. 60, p. 60, p. 99.
- The British nature book; a complete handbook and guide to British nature study, embracing the mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, insects, plants, etc., in the United Kingdom, by S.N. Sedgwick. .. Edinburgh, T.C. & E.C. Jack, Ltd., 1922. url p. 442.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 62 1948 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 183, p. 191, p. 232, p. 254, p. 492, p. 57, p. 735, p. 87, p. 92.
- The Canadian record of science. Montreal: Natural History Society, 1884-1916. url p. 281.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 55.
- The Gaelic names of plants (Scottish, Irish, and Manx), collected and arranged in scientific order, with notes on their etymology, uses, plant superstitions, etc., among the Celts, with copious Gaeli Glasgow, J. Mackay, 1900. url .
- The Great Basin naturalist. 40 1980 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 401, p. 5.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url p. 100.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url , p. 120, p. 149, p. 186, p. 190, p. 23, p. 25, p. 287, p. 305, p. 54, p. 61, p. 74.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 25.
- The Journal of microscopy and natural science. [London: W. P. Collins, 1884- url , , p. 134, p. 135, p. 136, p. 137, p. 138, p. 139, p. 140, p. 141, p. 142.
- The Journal of pharmacology. New York: Alumni Association of the College of Pharmacy of the City of New York, 1897- url p. 144.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url , , p. 412, p. 483, p. 774.
- The Journal of the College of Science, Imperial University of Tokyo, Japan = Tokyo Teikoku Daigaku kiyo. Rika. Tokyo, Japan: The University, 1898-1925. url p. 223.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 391.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url , , p. 950.
- The New Forest: its history and its scenery / by John R. Wise; with 63 illustrations by Walter Crane; engraved by W.J. Linton. London: Gibbings, 1895. url p. 303.
- The Ohio journal of science. Columbus, Ohio, The Ohio State University and the Ohio Academy of Science url p. 70, p. 79.
- The Ottawa naturalist. Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url p. 156, p. 156.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 187.
- The Proceedings and transactions of the Nova Scotian Institute of Science. Halifax, Nova Scotian Institute of Science. url p. 78.
- The University of Kansas science bulletin. 48 1969 [Lawrence]: University of Kansas, 1902-1996. url p. 569.
- The Victoria history of the county of Warwick. London: Published for the University of London Institute of Historical Research by Dawsons of Pall Mall, 1965- url p. 47.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 12, p. 145, p. 145, p. 177.
- The anthocyanin pigments of plants. By Muriel Wheldale. Cambridge, University Press, 1916. url p. 156, p. 157, p. 283, p. 298, p. 305, p. 32.
- The anthropology of Iraq. The Upper Euphrates / by Henry Field, Curator of Physical Anthropology. Chicago:Field Museum, 1940 url p. 168, p. 194.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 82.
- The botany of Bihar and Orissa: an account of all the known indigenous plants of the province and of the most important or most commonly cultivated exotic ones / with maps and introduction by H. H. Haines. London: Printed by Adlard and sold by agents for Indian Official Publications, 1921-25. url p. 506.
- The cell, outlines of general anatomy and physiology, tr. by M. Campbell and edited by Henry Johnstone Campbell. London, Swan, 1909. url p. 311.
- The cell; outlines of general anatomy and physiology, by Dr. Oscar Hertwig. .. Tr. by M. Campbell, and ed. by Henry Johnstone Campbell. .. With 168 illustrations. London, Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 311.
- The commonly occuring wild plants of Canada a flora for the use of beginners / by H.B. Spotton. Toronto: W.J. Gage, [1887?] url .
- The cytoplasm of the plant cell, by Alexandre Guilliermond. .. Authorized translation from the unpublished French manuscript, by Lenette Rogers Atkinson, PH. D. Foreword by William Seifriz. .. Waltham, Mass., Chronica Botanica Company, 1941. url p. 152.
- The dictionary of science and technical terms used in philosophy, literature, professions, commerce, arts, and trades / by W.M. Buchanan; with supplement edited by James A. Smith. London: G.Bell and Sons, 1884. url p. 567.
- The drug plants of Illinois / Leo R. Tehon; drawings by Kay H. Wadsworth. Urbana, Ill.: Natural History Survey Division, 1951. url p. 19.
- The elements of structural botany with special reference to the study of Canadian plants. .. Toronto, W. J. Gage & Co.[1897?] url .
- The entomologist's log-book and dictionary of the life histories and food plants of the British Macro-Lepidoptera, giving many thousands of facts and data connected with the appearance of the ova, larvæ, pupæ, and imagines: methods of capture: habitats: food plants: authorities: synonyms: etc., in Latin and Englis by Alfred George Scorer. London, G. Routledge & sons, limited, 1913. url , p. 15, p. 159.
- The faunal connections between Europe and North America. New York, Wiley url p. 178, p. 198, p. 342.
- The feeding of crops and stock: an introduction to the science of the nutrition of plants and animals / London: J. Murray, 1912. url .
- The fertilisation of flowers. Translated and edited by D'Arcy W. Thompson, with a preface by Charles Darwin. LondonMacmillan1883 url p. 656.
- The flora of Banffshire. Aberdeen: Printed for the University1912 url p. 10.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 146, p. 336.
- The flora of Long Island. Lancaster, Pa.New Era Print., 1899. url .
- The flora of North Carolina from Ranunculaceae to Salviniaceae / C.W. Hyams. Raleigh, N.C.: The North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1899. url p. 325.
- The flora of Suffolk a topographical enumeration of the plants of the county, showing the results of former observations and of the most recent researches / by W.M. Hind; assisted by Churchill Babington; with an introductory chapter of the geology, climate and meteorology of Suffolk by Wheelton Hind. London: Gurney and Jackson, 1889. url p. 285.
- The flora of Tennessee and a philosophy of botany: respectfully dedicated to the citizens of Tennessee / by Augustin Gattinger. Nashville: Press of Gospel Advocate Pub. Co., 1901. url p. 134.
- The flora of the Alps being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. London: J.C. Nimmo, 1896. url p. 58.
- The flora of the Alps: being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees / by Alfred W. Bennett. New York: Truslove & Comba, 1898. url p. 58.
- The flora of the Alps; being a description of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to Switzerland; and of the Alpine species of the adjacent mountain districts of France, Italy, & Austria including the Pyrenees, London, J. C. Nimmo, 1896-1900. url .
- The flora of the parish of Halifax, by William B. Crump, & Charles Crossland. [Halifax]Halifax Scientific Society, 1904. url p. 72.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url p. 80.
- The flora of the town of Southold, Long Island, and Gardiner's Island / New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1914? url p. 248.
- The flora of the upper Susquehanna and its tributaries. [Willard Nelson Clute]. Binghamton, N.Y.: W.N. Clute, 1901. url p. 13.
- The flowering plants of Western India. London, W. H. Allen url p. 169.
- The flowering process. New York, Macmillan, 1963. url p. 212.
- The grasses and grasslands of South Africa, Pietermaritzburg, P. David & Sons, Ltd., Printers, 1918. url .
- The gypsy moth. Porthetria dispar (Linn.). A report of the work of destroying the insect in the commonwealth of Massachusetts, together with an account of its history and habits both in Massachusetts and Europe. By Edward H. Forbush. .. and Charles H. Fernald. .. Published under the direction of the State Board of Agriculture by authority of the legislature. Boston, Wright & Potter Printing Co., 1896. url p. 325.
- The life of John Duncan Scotch weaver and botanist: with sketches of his friends and notices of the times / by William Jolly. London: Kegan Paul, Trench and Co., 1883. url p. 516.
- The living flora of West Virginia, Wheeling, Wheeling News Litho. Co., 1913 url .
- The microscope and its revelations, by the late William B. Carpenter. .. Philadelphia, P. Blackiston's Sons and Co., 1901. url p. 719, p. 719.
- The microscope and its revelations. New York, W. Wood, 1883. url p. 383.
- The mutation theory; experiments and observations on the origin of species in the vegetable kingdom, by Hugo de Vries. .. tr. by Prof. J. B. Farmer and A. D. Darbishire. .. Chicago, Open Court Publishing Company; [etc., etc.]1909-10. url , .
- The native flora of the vicinity of Cold Spring Harbor, L.I., New York. n.p., 1925 url p. 192.
- The natural history and antiquities of Selborne, in the county of Southampton / by the Rev. Gilbert White London: Swan Sonnenschein, 1888 url .
- The natural history of Selborne: with a naturalist's calendar and additional observations. / by Gilbert White; with a preface by Richard Jefferies. London: W. Scott, 1887. url p. 298.
- The natural history of Selborne; with A naturalist's calendar & additional observations; with a pref. by Richard Jefferies. London: Scott, 1887. url p. 300.
- The natural history of Sokotra and Abdel-Kuri: being the report upon the results of the Conjoint Expedition to these Islands in 1898-9, by Mr. W.R. Ogilvie-Grant. .. and Dr. H.O. Forbes. .. / edited by Henry O. Forbes. Liverpool: The Free Public Museums, Henry Young and Sons, 1903. url p. 483.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun by F. W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. London, Blackie, 1894-1895. url p. 216, p. 217, p. 737, p. 928.
- The naturalisation of animals & plants in New Zealand, Cambridge [Eng.]University Press, 1922. url , , .
- The naturalist's diary: a day-book of meteorology, phenology and rural biology. With a chart showing the blossoming of spring flowers in Europe, and an introduction of natural periodic phenomena, etc. 188-. London, Sonnenschein, Le Bas and Lowrey[pref. 1886] url .
- The origin of floral structures through insect and other agencies, by the George Henslow. London, K. Paul, Trench, Trübnerco, 1888. url p. 121, p. 158.
- The origin of floral structures: through insect and other agencies. New York: Appleton, 1888. url , .
- The origin of species / by Charles Darwin; with introductions, notes and illustrations. New York: P.F. Collier, c1909. url p. 300.
- The origin of species by means of natural selection; or, the preservation of favored races in the struggle for life, by Charles Darwin. .. with additions and corrections from 6th and last English ed. .. London, D. Appleton and company, 1915. url p. 4.
- The origin of species, by Charles Darwin. New York, Literary Classics[19--] url p. 197.
- The origin of species. New YorkBooks, Inc.[19--?] url p. 240.
- The origin of species: by means of natural selection, or, The preservation of favoured races in the struggle for life / by Charles Darwin. New York: D. Appleton & Co., 1889. url p. 4.
- The origin of the species by means of natural selection. LondonJ. Murray1910 url p. 221.
- The phanerogams of the Juan Fernandez Islands. url , .
- The physiology of flowering. New York, Holt, Rinehart and Winston url p. 49.
- The plant life of Maryland, by Forrest Shreve [et al.] Baltimore, Johns Hopkins Press, 1910. url p. 256, p. 468, p. 507.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 218.
- The plants of Southern New Jersey; with especial reference to the flora of the Pine Barrens and the geographic distribution of the species. Trenton, 1911. url p. 630.
- The rusts of Australia their structure, nature and classification / by D. McAlpine. Melbourne: Robt. S. Brain, government printer1906. url p. 43, p. 449.
- The rusts of Australia, their structure, nature, and classification. Melbourne, Brain, 1906. url p. 43.
- The soil; an introduction to the scientific study of of the growth of crops. New YorkDutton1920 url p. 323.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 279.
- The story of plant life in the British Isles; types of the common natural orders, by A.R. Horwood. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1914-15. url , , p. 332, p. 341.
- The study of plants; an introduction to botany and plant ecology. OxfordClarendon Press1915 url p. 378.
- The survey of western Palestine. The fauna and flora of Palestine, by H. B. Tristram. London, The Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund, 1884. url p. 353.
- The universe, or, The wonders of creation. The infinitely great and the infinitely little. By F. A. Pouchet. .. Portland [Me.]: H. Hallett and company, 1883. url , p. 453, p. 453, p. 745, p. 747.
- The variation of animals and plants under domestication, by Charles Darwin. London, J. Murray, 1893. url p. 173.
- The vascular flora of the eastern Penobscot Bay region, Maine. [Portland, Maine, 1919. url p. 259.
- The weed flora of Iowa / [by L. H. Pammel; with the collaboration of Charlotte M. King. .. et al.] Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 719, p. 740, p. 874.
- The weed flora of Iowa Des Moines, Iowa geological survey, 1913. url , .
- The weed flora of Iowa. .. Des Moines, Iowa Geological Survey, 1913. url p. 719, p. 740.
- The weeds of New South Wales, pt. I- Sydney, W.A. Gullick, Gov't. printer, 1920- url p. 133, p. 6.
- The weeds, poison plants, and naturalized aliens of Victoria. Melbourne, J. Kemp, Government Printer1909. url .
- Timber and botany. comprising seven reports on the forests and botany of different parts of the state / Geological Survey of Kentucky. [S.l.]: The Survey, 1884. url p. 52.
- Topographical botany: being local and personal records towards shewing the distribution of British plants traced through the 112 counties and vice-counties of England, Wales, and Scotland. London, B. Quaritch, 1883. url .
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 109, p. 156, p. 186, p. 221, p. 231, p. 248, p. 60, p. 75, p. 9.
- Transactions and proceedings and report of the Royal Society of South Australia (Incorporated). Adelaide: W.C. Rigby, 1904-1911. url p. 255, p. 264, p. 265, p. 273, p. 274.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url , p. 113, p. 18, p. 183, p. 273, p. 273, p. 296, p. 355.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 138, p. 319, p. 91.
- Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Science. Springfield, Ill., Illinois State Academy of Science [etc.] url p. 176, p. 180.
- Transactions of the Kentucky Academy of Science. [Lexington, Ky.]Kentucky Academy of Science, 1923-1997. url p. 69, p. 81.
- Transactions of the Maryland Academy of Sciences. Baltimore: The Academy, 1901- url p. 57.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of South Australia. Adelaide, Australia: The Society, 1890-1904. url p. 85.
- Transactions of the San Diego Society of Natural History. [San Diego]: The Society, 1905-1989. url p. 342, p. 444.
- Tulane studies in zoology and botany. 24 1983 New Orleans: Tulane University, [1968- url , p. 125.
- Tutira: the story of a New Zealand sheep station / by H. Guthrie-Smith. Edinburgh: Blackwood, 1921. url p. 246, p. 250, p. 277.
- University of California publications in zoology. Berkeley: University Press, 1906- url p. 425.
- Veterinary toxicology. Chicago, A. Eger, 1912. url .
- Vorlesungen über Pflanzenphysiologie. Jena, G. Fischer, 1904. url p. 200.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms: a pocket guide to British wild-flowers for the country rambler / by Edward Step. London; F. Warne, 1895. url , p. 54.
- Wayside and woodland blossoms; a pocket guide to British wild flowers for the country rambler. London, Warne, 1895. url , p. 54.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 148, p. 149, p. 165, p. 207, p. 229, p. 73.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 148, p. 149, p. 165, p. 207, p. 229.
- Western flower guide, wild flowers of the Rockies and west to the Pacific, Garden City, Doubleday, Page & company, 1917. url p. 271.
- Wild flower families; the haunts, characters, and family relationships of the herbaceous wild flowers, with suggestions for their identification, & London, J. B. Lippincott Company, 1908. url .
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies / by Chester A. Reed. New York: Doubleday, Page, 1910. url p. 258, p. 259, p. 409.
- Wild flowers east of the Rockies. Worcester, Mass., Reed, 1910. url p. 258, p. 259, p. 409.
- Wild flowers every child should know: arranged according to color with reliable descriptions of the more common species of the United States and Canada / by Frederic William Stack. New York: Doubleday, Page and Company, 1909. url p. 19, p. 396.
- Wild flowers of the north-eastern states: being three hundred and eight individuals common to the north-eastern United States, New York [etc.]G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1904. url , , .
- Window gardening, and a list of some of the flowers found growing naturally in the vicinity of Boston. .. [Boston]: Massachusetts Horticultural Society, c1889. url p. 16.
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1895-1923. url p. 602.
- Zoe:a biological journal. 1 1890 San Diego, Calif. [etc.]Zoe Publishing Co. url p. 141, p. 147, p. 147, p. 215, p. 335, p. 364, p. 385.
- Zoologische Jahrbücher. Jena [Germany]: G. Fischer, 1910-1993. url p. 46.
- Chen Feng-hwai, Hu Chi-ming, Fang Yun-yi, Cheng Chao-zong, Yang Yong-chang & Huang Rong-fu In Chen Feng-hwai & Hu Chi-ming, editors. 1990. Primulaceae (1). Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 59(1): 1-217
- Hu Chi-ming In Chen Feng-hwai & Hu Chi-ming, editors. 1990. Primulaceae (2). Fl. Reipubl. Popularis Sin. 59(2): 1-321.
- "Anagallis arvensis". in Flora of China Vol. 15 Page 79. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-2007. Systema Naturae 2000. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Accessed March 24, 2007.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed January 18, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 3 providers.
- Light, Kris. East Tennessee Wildflowers
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 and ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Dec 27, 2011.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 25, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 11, 2007:
- GBIF-Spain, Departamento de Biolog. Veg. II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Madrid: MAF
- Jyväskylä University Museum - The Section of Natural Sciences, Vascular plant collection of Jyvaskyla University Museum
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plant Herbarium, Oslo
- Natural History Museum, University of Oslo, Vascular Plants, Field notes, Oslo
- Oregon State University, Vascular Plant Collection
- School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, Arizona State University Vascular Plant Herbarium
- The Danish Biodiversity Information Facility, Botany registration database by Danish botanists
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Botany
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Herbarium of Oskarshamn
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Lund Botanical Museum
- The Swedish Museum of Natural History
- , Plants
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Botanical Society of the British Isles - Vascular Plants Database
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Environment and Heritage Service - EHS Species Datasets
- UK National Biodiversity Network, Joint Nature Conservation Committee - Vegetation surveys of coastal shingle in Great Britain
- USDA PLANTS, USDA PLANTS Database
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2649442
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-24043
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 1039463
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:700052-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 316552
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 24043
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 700052-1
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PDPRI01010
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ANARF
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 20970
- Qiming Hu & Sylvia Kelso "Primulaceae". in Flora of China Vol. 15 Page 39. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Anagallis". in Flora of China Vol. 15 Page 79. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Anagallis arvensis". in Flora of China Vol. 15 Page 79. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 143.390 meters (470.440 feet), Standard Deviation = 250.630 based on 14,384 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]