The fleshy "cashew apple" at the base of the fruiting structure is edible. The seed is also edible and delicious when roasted, but care must be taken to avoid the juice from the raw shell around the seed as it may cause skin burns .
Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Bosnian:
Beli Mahagoni, Indijanski Kau-Orah, Pipak
Common Names in Chinese:
Yao Guo, Yao Guo Li, Yao Guo Shu
Common Names in Croatian:
Beli Mahagoni, Indijanski Kau-Orah, Pipak, Pipci
Common Names in Danish:
Common Names in Dutch:
Acajoeboom, Cashewnoot, Kasjoe, Kasjoeboom, Mereke, Sesamnoot;acajou;bombaynoot;cashewnoot, Westindische Nierenboom
Common Names in English:
Caju, Brazilian Cashew, Cashew, Cashew Apple, Cashew Nut, Common Cashew, Maranon, Pajuil
Common Names in Finnish:
Common Names in French:
Acajou à Pommes, Anacardier, Cajou, Noix D´acajou, Noix De Cajou, Noix-Cajou, Pomme D´acajou, Pomme D'acajou
Common Names in German:
Acajubaum, Akajoubaum, Kaschubaum, Kaschunuß, Kaschunußbaum, Nierenbaum
Common Names in Hindi:
Common Names in Italian:
Acagiù, Acajiú, Anacardio
Common Names in Malay:
Gajus, Jambu Golok, Jambu Mede, Jambu Monyet, Janggus
Common Names in Nepalese:
Common Names in Portuguese:
Cajú, Cajú Do, Cajú, Caju Da Praia, Cajuaçú, Cajueiro, Cajueiro is the Plant
Common Names in Serbian:
Beli Mahagoni, Indijanski Kau-Orah, Pipak
Common Names in Slovenian:
Common Names in Spanish:
Acahú, Acaya, Anacardo, Anarcado, Caju, Cajuil, Casho, Cashu, Cayu, Jocote, Marañón, Marañon, Marañon, Merey, Merey (Venezuela)
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Tagalog:
Common Names in Thai:
Mamuang Him Maphan, มะม่วงหิมพานต์
Common Names in Urdu:
Flowers: Bloom Period: January, February. • Flower Color: pale green, pale pink
Size: 30-40' tall.
Culture: Space over 40' apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rutanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Publishing author : L. Publication : Sp. Pl. 1: 383 1753 [1 May 1753]
Members of the genus Anacardium
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 2 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliographic enumeration of Bornean plants, by E. D. Merrill. Singapore, Printed by Fraser & Neave, ltd., 1921 url p. 349, p. 595, p. 595.
- A contribution to our knowledge of seedlings; by the Right Hon. Sir John Lubbock. London: K. Paul, Trench, Trübner, & co., ltd., 1892. url , p. 370, p. 371, p. 372.
- A contribution to the botany of the Isle of Pines, Cuba, based upon the specimens of plants from that island contained in the herbarium of the Carnegie Museum under date of October, 1916. By O.E. Jennings. n.p., 1917 url p. 168.
- A description and history of vegetable substances, used in the arts, and in domestic economy LondonC. Knight1829 url p. 396.
- A dictionary of birds, London, A. and C. Black, 1893-1896. url p. 78.
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 124, p. 155.
- A dictionary of the plant names of the Philippine Islands / by Elmer D. Merrill. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1903. url p. 124, p. 35, p. 49.
- A general index of the agricultural reports of the Patent Office, for twenty-five years, from 1837 to 1861; and of the Department of Agriculture, for fifteen years, from 1862 to 1876. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 192.
- A general system of botany, descriptive and analytical. In two parts. Part I. Outlines of organography, anatomy, and physiology. Part II. Descriptions and illustrations of the orders. By Emm. Le Maout [and] J. Decaisne. With 5500 figures by L. Steinheil a London, Longmans, Green & Co.1873. url .
- A hand-book to the flora of Ceylon: containing descriptions of all the species of flowering plants indigenous to the island, and notes on their history, distribution, and uses: with an atlas of plates illustrating some of the more inte by Henry Trimen. London: Dulau, 1893-1931. url p. 375, p. 391, p. 468, p. 60.
- A handbook of tropical gardening and planting, with special reference to Ceylon, by H. F. Macmillan. .. Colombo, H.W. Cave & co., 1914. url p. 131, p. 134, p. 652.
- A handbook to the order Lepidoptera. By W. F. Kirby. London, E. Lloyd, limited, 1896-1897. url p. 248.
- A history of the birds of Ceylon / London: Published by the author, 1880 [i.e. 1878-1880] url p. 495.
- A manual of Indian botany. London, Blackie & Son Ltd., 1920. url .
- A manual of Indian timbers; an account of the growth, distribution, and uses of the trees and shrubs of India and Ceylon with descriptions of their wood-structure, by J. S. Gamble... London: S. Low, Marston & co. ltd., 1902. url p. 666.
- A manual of botany: being an introduction to the study of the structure, physiology, and classification of plants. By John Hutton Balfour. London: J. J. Griffin [etc.] 1851. url p. 395.
- A manual of botany: including the structure, classification, properties, uses, and functions of plants. London, John Churchill and Sons, 1870. url p. 514.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 109, p. 251.
- A manual of gardening for Bengal and Upper India. By Thomas A. C. Firminger. .. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink and co.; [etc., etc.]1874. url p. 275, p. 606.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of poisonous plants: chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations / by L. H. Pammel. 1911 Cedar Rapids, Ia.: The Torch Press, 1910-11. url p. 607.
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 70.
- A narrative of travels on the Amazon and Rio Negro: with an account of the native tribes, and observations on the climate, geology, and natural history of the Amazon Valley / by Alfred Russel Wallace; with a biographical introduction by the editor. London: Ward, Lock, 1889. url p. 336.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 144.
- A practical flora for schools and colleges, by Oliver R. Willis. New York, American Book Co.[c1894] url p. 339, p. 95.
- A review of the identifications of the species described in Blanco's Flora de Filipinas, Manila, Bureau of public printing, 1905. url p. 36.
- A review of the references to the Hortus malabaricus of Henry Van Rheede Van Draakenstein [sic] Swansea: Printed at the Cambrian-Office, by Murray and Rees, 1839. url p. 12.
- A study of nuts with special reference to microscopic identification. By W.J. Young. .. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1912. url p. 32, p. 37.
- A study of some characteristics of vegetable oils, by James B. McNair. 9 1930 Chicago, 1930. url p. 57.
- A system of physiological botany by Rev. P. Keith. .. Dublin: J. Cumming, 1816. url p. 405.
- A systematic catalogue of the flowering plants and ferns indigenous to or growing wild in Ceylon. Colombo: G. J. A. Skeen, 1885. url .
- A text book of materia medica, being an account of the more important crude drugs of vegetable and animal origin, designed for students of pharmacy and medicine. London, Churchill, 1920. url p. 142, p. 162, p. 546.
- A text-book of botany and pharmacognosy, intended for the use of students of pharmacy, as a reference book for pharmacists, and as a handbook for food and drug analysts. London, Lippincott[c1907] url .
- A year of Costa Rican natural history, by Amelia Smith Calvert. .. and Philip Powell Calvert. .. with maps and illustrations. New York, The Macmillan company, 1917. url , , p. 384.
- Agricultural botany an enumeration and description of useful plants and weeds, which merit the notice, or require the attention, of American agriculturists / New York: J.W. Moore; 1847. url p. 23.
- Agricultural botany: Philadelphia, J. W. Moore;1847. url p. 23.
- Agricultural news. Bridgetown, Barbados, Bowen & sons;1902-22. url p. 419, p. 433.
- Agriculture in the tropics; an elementary treatise, by J. C. Willis. Cambridge, University Press, 1922. url p. 93.
- Allan Hancock Atlantic expedition / University of Southern California. Los Angeles, Calif.: The University, 1945- url p. 16, p. 43.
- Allan Hancock Pacific expeditions. [Reports] Los Angeles, University of Southern California Press. url p. 199, p. 237.
- American medicinal plants; an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry and physiological effects. By Charles F. Millspaugh. 1887 New York, Boericke & Tafel, c1887. url page 36- 2.
- American medicinal plants;: an illustrated and descriptive guide to the American plants used as homopathic remedies: their history, preparation, chemistry, and physiological effects. / By Charles F. Millspaugh, . ..; Illustrated by the author. New York; Boericke & Tafel., c1887. url .
- An annotated catalogue of types of the University of Illinois mycological collections (ILL) / Urbana: University of Illinois Press, c1997. url p. 248.
- An encyclopaedia of gardening; comprising the theory and practice of horticulture, floriculture, arboriculture, and landscape-gardening, including all the latest improvements; a general history of gardening in all countries; and a By J.C. Loudon. London, Printed for Longman, Ross, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1828. url p. 931.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag by J.C. Loudon London: Printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1831 url p. 253.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property, and of the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of by J.C. Loudon. London: Longmans, Green, 1871. url p. 253.
- An enumeration of Philippine flowering plants, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1922-26. url p. 469.
- An enumeration of the vascular plants known from Surinam: together with their distribution and synonymy / by A. Pulle. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1906. url p. 265, p. 503.
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 24, p. 73.
- An introduction to the natural system of botany: or, A systematic view of the organization, natural affinities, and geographical distribution of the whole vegetable kingdom; together with the uses of the most important species in medicine, the arts, By John Lindley. New York, G. & C. & H. Carvill, 1831. url p. 126.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 22, p. 252.
- Annales du Jardin botanique de Buitenzorg. 32 1923 Leiden [etc.]: E. J. Brill [etc.] url p. 172, p. 187.
- Annals of natural history. London, R. and J.E. Taylor, url p. 464, p. 472, p. 472.
- Annals of the Carnegie Museum. [Pittsburgh]: Published by authority of the Board of Trustees of the Carnegie Institute, 1901- url p. 168, p. 476.
- Annals of the Royal Botanic Gardens, Peradeniya. Colombo: Skien; 1901-1924. url p. 274, p. 275.
- Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, -1965. url p. 316.
- Annual report of the Director to the Board of Trustees for the year. .. / Field Museum of Natural History Chicago, U.S.A.: Field Museum of Natural History, 1907-1943. url p. 120.
- Applied and economic botany for students in technical and agricultural schools, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, for chemists, food analysts and for the those engaged in the morphological and physiological study of plants. New York, Wiley url p. 599.
- Applied and economic botany, especially adapted for the use of students in technical schools, agricultural, pharmaceutical and medical colleges, and also as a book of reference for chemists, food analysts and students engaged in by Henry Kraemer. .. illustrated with 424 plates, comprising about 2000 figures. Philadelphia, The author[c1914] url p. 223, p. 599, p. 599.
- Archivos. Rio de JaneiroImprensa Nacional url p. 263.
- Aspects of nature, in different lands and different climates with scientific elucidations / by Alexander von Humboldt; translated by Mrs. Sabine. London: J. Murray: 1849. url p. 165.
- Biologia centrali-americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. London, Pub. for the editors by R. H. Porter and Dulau & co., 1879-88. url .
- Blackwell, E. A curious herbal: containing five hundred cuts, of the most useful plants, which are now used in the practice of physick engraved on folio copper plates, after drawings taken from the life /by Elizabeth Blackwell. To which is added a short description of ye plants and their common uses in physick. 2 1739 London: Printed for Samuel Harding, 1737-1739. url plate 369.
- Botanical Museum leaflets, Harvard University. 16 1953-1954 Cambridge, Mass.: Botanical Museum, Harvard University, 1932- url p. 122, p. 145, p. 212, p. 266.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 250.
- Botanical publications of E.D. Merrill. [New York, etc., 1899- url , p. 349, p. 469, p. 595.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. 1879 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 119.
- Bulletin / Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1971. url p. 147, p. 179, p. 344, p. 41, p. 481, p. 482, p. 49, p. 529, p. 568, p. 8, p. 99.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Entomology. Washington: G.P.O., 1904-1916. url p. 25, p. 31.
- Bulletin of entomological research. Farnham Royal: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux. url p. 257, p. 412.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1922 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 269, p. 269, p. 428, p. 52, p. 95.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: The Museum, 1950-1977. url p. 210, p. 349, p. 352.
- Bulletin of the Buffalo Society of Natural Sciences. Buffalo, N.Y.: The Society, 1874- url p. 206, p. 256, p. 256.
- Bulletin of the Department of Agriculture, Trinidad and Tobago. Trinidad: Dept. of Agriculture, 1914-1927. url p. 218, p. 35.
- Bulletin of the Museum of Comparative Zoology at Harvard College. 153 1994 Cambridge, Mass.: The Museum, 1863- url p. 308.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 309, p. 396.
- Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club. 45 1918 New York: Torrey Botanical Club, 1870-1996 url p. 511, p. 667.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., Govt. Print. Off., 1913-1923. url p. 15, p. 16, p. 57.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 13, p. 239, p. 242, p. 43, p. 60, p. 75.
- Bulletin. Manila, Bureau of printing, 1903- url p. 111, p. 15, p. 52.
- Burma, its people and productions; or, Notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of Tenasserim, Pegu, and Burma. Hertford: S. Austin, 1882-1883. url p. 554.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 79.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url , , , , .
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 1, p. 1, p. 210.
- Catalogue of economic plants in the collection of the U.S. Department of Agriculture by William Saunders. Washington: G.P.O., 1891. url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 148.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 148.
- Catalogue of the African plants collected by Dr. Friedrich Welwitsch in 1853-61. .. London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1896-1901. url p. 175, p. 175.
- Catalogue of the books, manuscripts, maps and drawings in the British Museum (Natural History) London: BM(NH), 1903-1940. url p. 1349.
- Catalogue of the collections in the museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain compiled by E.M. Holmes. London, The Society, 1878. url p. 23, p. 273.
- Catalogue of the economic products of the Presidency of Bombay: being a catalogue of the Government Central Museum, Division 1., Raw produce (vegetable) / compiled by Assistant Surgeon Birdwood. Bombay: Printed at the Education Society's Press, 1862. url p. 206, p. 280.
- Ceylon; an account of the island, physical, historical, and topographical, with notices of its natural history, antiquities and productions, by Sir James Emerson Tennent. London: Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts, 1860. url p. 51.
- Check-list of the species of fishes known from the Philippine Archipelago, Manila, Bureau of printing, 1910. url p. 233, p. 333, p. 513.
- Common trees of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands / by Elbert L. Little, Jr., and Frank H. Wadsworth. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Forest Service, 1964. url p. 286, p. 529.
- Companion to the Botanical magazine: being a journal, containing such interesting botanical information as does not come within the prescribed limits of the magazine; with occasional figures /by W.J. Hooker. 2 1836-1837 London: Printed by E. Conchman. .. for the proprietor, S. Curtis, 1835-1836 [i.e., 1835-1837] url p. 346.
- Conservation and sustainable management of trees, report of the third regional workshop, held at Army Hotel, Hanoi, Viet Nam, 18-21 August, 1997 WCMC url p. 13.
- Contribution [I]-III to the coastal and plain flora of Yucatan, by Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1898 Chicago, 1895-1898. url p. 375, p. vi.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 24 1931 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 120, p. 120, p. 137, p. 182, p. 185, p. 201, p. 217, p. 220, p. 242, p. 289, p. 318, p. 337, p. 371, p. 383, p. 39, p. 404, p. 428, p. 461, p. 494, p. 58, p. 64, p. 659, p. 68, p. 7, p. 75, p. 765, p. 82, p. VII, plate XXIX.
- Contributions to North American ichthyology. Based primarily on the collections of the United States National Museum. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1877-78. url p. 119.
- Contributions to the flora of Mentone, and to a winter flora of the Riviera, including the coast from Marseilles to Genoa, by J. Traherne Moggridge. .. London: L. Reeve, 1871. url p. 35.
- Cooperative economic insect report. Hyattsville, MD. [etc.]Plant Protection and Quarantine Programs Animal and Plant Health Service. url p. 263.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 1862.
- Das Obst der Tropen. Berlin, W. Susserott url , p. 66.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 64.
- Department of the Interior, Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila: Bureau of Public Print., 1902-1906. url p. 57.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 743.
- Economic plants. An index to economic products of the vegetable kingdom in Jamaica. Comp. by William Fawcett. .. Jamaica, Govt. Print. Establishment, 1891. url p. 24, p. 9.
- Elements of botany: structural, physiological, systematical, and medical / by John Lindley. London: Printed for Taylor and Walton, 1841. url p. 119.
- Emergency food plants and poisonous plants of the islands of the Pacific / [E.D. Merrill] Washington, D.C.: U.S. Govt. Print. Office, 1943. url , p. 139, p. 86, p. 87.
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url .
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 1055, p. 1055, p. 35, p. 636, p. 746.
- Flora Indica, or, Descriptions of Indian plants / by the late William Roxburgh. Serampore: Printed for W. Thacker, 1832. url p. 312.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 352, p. 352, p. 398, p. 400, p. 401, p. 405, p. 406, p. 421, p. 602, p. 722.
- Flora Vitiensis nova: a new Flora of Fiji (spermatophytes only) / Albert C. Smith. Lawaii, Hawaii: Pacific Tropical Botanical Garden, 1979- url p. 451.
- Flora barbadensis: a catalogue of plants, indigenous, naturalized, and cultivated, in Barbados: to which is prefixed, a geological description of the island /by James Dottin Maycock. 1830 London: J. Ridgeway, 1830. url p. 423.
- Flora cestrica: an herborizing companion for the young botanists of Chester County...Pennsylvania. Philadelphia, Lindsay & Blakiston, 1853. url p. 43.
- Flora diaetetica, or, History of esculent plants, both domestic and foreign: in which they are accurately described, and reduced to their Linnaean generic and specific names; with their English names annexed, and ranged under eleven general heads / by Charles Bryant. London: B. White, 1783. url , p. 351, p. 352.
- Flora medica; a botanical account of all the more important plants used in medicine in different parts of the world. London, Longman, 1838. url p. 635.
- Flora of Bermuda. .. by Nathaniel Lord Britton. .. New York, C. Scribner's sons, 1918. url p. 222, p. 563.
- Flora of Bermuda... by Nathaniel Lord Britton... New York, Scribner, 1918. url p. 222, p. 563.
- Flora of Costa Rica. .. by Paul C. Standley. .. 18 1937 Chicago, 1937. url p. 624.
- Flora of Guatemala / Paul C. Standley and Julian A. Steyermark. 24 1949 Chicago, Ill.: Chicago Natural History Museum, 1949. url p. 178.
- Flora of Peru: Euphorbiaceae, spurge family / J. Francis MacBride. 13 1951 [Chicago]: Field Museum of Natural History, 1951. url p. 240.
- Flora of Yucatan, by Paul C. Standley. 3 1930 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 333.
- Flora of the Aguan valley and the coastal regions near La Ceiba, Honduras, by T. G. Yuncker. 9 1940 [Chicago]1940. url p. 303.
- Flora of the Hawaiian islands: a description of their phanerogams and vascular cryptogams /by William Hillebrand; annotated and published after the author's death by W.F. Hillebrand. 1888 London: New York: Williams & Norgate; B. Westermann, 1888. url p. 89.
- Flora of the Lancetilla Valley, Honduras, by Paul C. Standley. 10 1931 Chicago, Field Museum of Natural History, 1931. url p. 258.
- Flora of the island of St. Croix. By Charles Frederick Millspaugh. 1 1902 Chicago, 1902. url p. 444, p. 505.
- Flora of the islands of Margarita and Coche, Venezuela / by John Robert Johnston. Boston: Gray Herbarium of Harvard University, 1909. url p. 272, p. 276.
- Flora of tropical Africa. By Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. London, L. Reeve, 1868-1902. url p. 443.
- Forest of Port Rico; Washington, Govt. print. off., 1916. url p. 81.
- Forestry in southern India. Edited by John Shortt. MadrasHigginbotham1884 url p. 108.
- Fruits of the Hawaiian Islands, by Gerrit Parmile Wilder. Honolulu, T.H., Hawaiian gazette co., ltd.1911. url .
- Genera florae Americae boreali-orientalis illustrata. The genera of the plants of the United States illustrated by figures and analyses from nature, Boston: J. Munroe and Co., 1848-49. url p. 156.
- Glimpses into the life of Indian plants: an elementary Indian botany / by I. Pfleiderer. Mangalore: Basel Mission Book and Tract Depository, 1916. url p. 286.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1249, p. 37, p. 809.
- Grisebach, A. H. R. Flora of the British West Indian islands /by A.H.R. Grisebach. -18 London, L. Reeve, 1864. url p. 176, p. 715, p. 782.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 195, p. 285.
- Hand-book of Indian agriculture, by Nitya Gopal Mukerji. Calcutta, Thacker, Spink & co., 1901. url p. 203, p. 296.
- Hand-book of Indian flora; being a guide to all the flowering plants hitherto described as indigenous to the continent of India. [Madras?]Trabancore Sircar Press, 1864-69. url , .
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 277.
- History of vegetable substances used in the arts, in domestic economy, and for the food of man. Boston: Lilly, Wait, Colman and Holden, 1833. url p. 396.
- Hooker's journal of botany and Kew Garden miscellany. 5 1853 London: Reeve, Benham, and Reeve, 1849-1857. url p. 169, p. 212, p. 313.
- Hooker, W. J. et al. Niger flora;or, An enumeration of the plants of western tropical Africa, collected by the late Dr. Theodore Vogel, botanist to the voyage of the expedition sent by Her Britannic Majesty to the river Niger in 1841, under the command of Capt. H. D. Trotter, R.N., &c.; including Spicilegia gorgonea, by P. B. Webb, esq., and Flora nigritiana, by Dr. J. D. Hooker. .. and George Bentham, esq. with a sketch of the life of Dr. Vogel. Ed. by Sir W. J. Hooker. .. With two views, a map, and fifty plates. 1849 London, H. Bailliere; [etc., etc.] 1849. url p. 288.
- Horticultural register, and gardener's magazine. Boston, G. D. Barrett [etc.] url p. 69.
- Iconographic encyclopaedia of science, literature, and art. systematically arranged by J.G. Heck. Translated from the German, with additions, and edited by Spencer F. Baird. .. illustrated by five hundred steel plates, containing upwards to twelve thousand en New York, R. Garrigue, 1851. url p. 170, p. 6.
- Illustrations of the natural orders of plants with groups and descriptions. Reduced from the original folio ed. 1 1868 London: Sampson Low, Son, and Marston, 1868. url explanation of plate 48.
- Index of plants. 1912. Singapore, Printed at the Methodist Publishing House, 1912. url , , .
- Indian trees: an account of trees, shrubs, woody climbers, bamboos, and palms indigenous or commonly cultivated in the British Indian empire / London: A. Constable, 1906. url p. 204, p. 738.
- Insect life / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Division of Entomology. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, url p. 20, p. 20.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. London: Published for the International Council by the Royal Society of London, 1902-1919. url p. 418.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1244.
- Introduction to botany, containing an explanation of the theory of that science, extracted from the works of Linnaeus, ed. by C. Stewart. Edinburgh, Bell, 1811. url p. 253.
- Introduction to structural and systematic botany and vegetable physiology: being a fifth and revised edition of The botanical text-book / by Asa Gray. New York: Ivison, Blakeman, Taylor, 1877. url p. 406.
- Introduction to the systematy of Indian trees. LondonOxford University Press1921 url p. 22.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url , , p. 104, p. 109, p. 111, p. 28, p. 37, p. 51, p. 53, p. 85, p. 86, p. 89, p. 9, p. 91, p. 92, p. 92, p. 93.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 146.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 4 1908 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 642, p. 648, p. 650.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 175, p. 313, p. 359.
- Journal of ethnobiology. 8-9 1988-1989 Flagstaff, Ariz.: Center for Western Studies, 1981- url p. 104, p. 126, p. 154, p. 179, p. 250, p. 4.
- Journal of the Federated Malay States museums. Kuala Lumpur: F.M.S. Museums, 1906-1929. url , p. 87.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 13 1912 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 200, p. 283, p. 73.
- Journal of the Right Hon. Sir Joseph Banks during Captain Cook's first voyage in H.M.S. Endeavour in 1768-71 to Terra del Fuego, Otahite, New Zealand, Australia, the Dutch East Indies, etc. / edited by Sir Joseph D. Hooker. London: Macmillan, 1896. url p. 467.
- Lepidoptera indica. By F. Moore. London, 1890-1913. url p. 119.
- Letters on the elements of botany, addressed to a lady, by the celebrated J.J. Rousseau. Translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London, B. and J. White, 1796. url p. 262.
- Letters on the elements of botany. Addressed to a lady. By the celebrated J.J. Rousseau. Translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London, B. White, 1787. url p. 263.
- Letters on the elements of botany: addressed to a lady / by the celebrated J.J. Rousseau; translated into English, with notes, and twenty-four additional letters, fully explaining the system of Linnaeus, by Thomas Martyn. London: Printed for B. White and Son, 1791. url p. 262.
- List of intercepted plant pests / United States Department of Agriculture, Plant Quarantine and Control Administration. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. G.P.O.], 1932- url p. 14, p. 271.
- List of trees, shrubs, and principal climbers, etc., recorded from Burma: with vernacular names / by J.H. Lace. Rangoon, Burma: Supt., Govt. Print., 1922. url p. 330, p. 44.
- Madagascar: an environmental profile IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 38.
- Magazine of natural history and journal of zoology, botany, mineralogy, geology and meteorology. London: printed for Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1829-1837. url p. 529.
- Manual of tropical and subtropical fruits, excluding the banana, coconut, pineapple, citrus fruits, olive, and fig, by Wilson Popenoe. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1920. url p. 146, p. 147, p. 147, p. 459.
- Materials for a flora of the Malayan Peninsula. By George King [and J.S. Gamble]. Calcutta;1889-1936. url p. 765.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 64.
- Memoirs of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. 8 1861-1863 [Boston: The Academy, url p. 177.
- Memoirs of the American Entomological Society. Philadelphia, American Entomological Society, 1916- url p. 110, p. 129, p. 132.
- Minor products of Philippine forests, Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url , , , , .
- Morgan expeditions, '70-'71. ..: XII. Contributions to the geology and physical geography of the lower Amazonas: the Ereré - Monte-Alegre district and the table-topped hills / by Ch. Fred. Hartt. XXIII; on the Devonian brachiopoda of Ereré, province of Pará, Brazil, by Richard Rathbun. Buffalo?: s.n., 1874 url p. 206.
- Narrative of the circumnavigation of the globe by the Austrian frigate Novara, (Commodore B. von Wullerstorf-Urbair, ): undertaken by order of the imperial government, in the years l857, 1858, & 1859, under the immediate auspices of His I. and R. Highness the Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian, Commander-in-Chief of the Aust By Dr. Karl Scherzer. London: Saunders, Otley, 1861-63. url p. 159.
- Natural science: a monthly review of scientific progress. London [etc.]: Macmillan and Company [etc.], [1892-1899] url p. 191.
- Naturalist's guide to the Americas, prepared by the Committee on the Preservation of Natural Conditions of the Ecological Society of America, with assistance from numerous organizations and individuals, assembled and edited by chairman, Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1926. url p. 655, p. 655.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 317.
- Nicholson, G. The illustrated dictionary of gardening: a practical and scientific encyclopædia of horticulture for gardeners and botanists /edited by George Nicholson; assisted by J.W.H. Trail. .. and J. Garrett. .. 2 1884-1888 London: L.U. Gill, -88. url p. 275.
- Notes of a botanist on the Amazon & Andes: being records of travel on the Amazon and its tributaries, the Trombetas, Rio Negro, Uaupés, Casiquiari, Pacimoni, Huallaga, and Pastasa; as also to the cataracts of the Orinoco, along the eastern sid by Richard Spruce; edited and condensed by Alfred Russel Wallace, with a biographical introduction, portrait, seventy-one illus. and seven maps. London: Macmillan, 1908. url p. 525.
- Notes on the natural history of the Strait of Magellan and west coast of Patagonia made during the voyage of H.M.S. Nassau in the years 1866, 67, 68, & 69; Edinburgh, Edmonston and Douglas, 1871. url p. 40, p. 609.
- Nut culture in the United States, embracing native and introduced species / compiled by W. P. Corsa. Washington: Govt. Print. Off., 1896. url p. 7.
- Official guide to the Botanic Gardens, Dominica: illustrated: with an index of the principal plants. Dominica: The Garden, 1922? url , p. 34.
- Official guide to the museums of economic botany. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off., by Darling1907 url p. 56.
- Oliver, D. Flora of tropical Africa /by Daniel Oliver. .. assisted by other botanists. 1 1868 London: L. Reeve and co., 1868-1999. url p. 443.
- Orchids, their structure, history & culture. London, "Journal of horticulture" Office,  url p. 33.
- Origin of cultivated plants / by Alphonse de Candolle. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1908. url p. 463.
- Origin of cultivated plants, by Alphonse de Candolle. London, K. Paul, Trench, 1884. url p. 198, p. 463.
- Origin of cultivated plants. By Alphonse de Candolle. New York, D. Appleton and company, 1902. url p. 198.
- Origin of cultivated plants. New YorkHafner Pub. Co.1890 url p. 463.
- Outlines of forestry: or, The elementary principles underlying the science of forestry: being a series of primers of forestry / by Edwin J. Houston. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1893. url p. 229.
- Outlines of forestry; Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott company, 1893. url p. 229.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url p. 1378.
- Pamphlets on the lumber industry. [1900?- url p. 27.
- Pharmaceutical botany, with glossary of botanical terms. Philadelphia, Blakiston url p. 442.
- Pharmazeutische Waarenkunde, von Dr. Otto Berg. Berlin, R. Gaertner, 1863. url p. 417.
- Philippine resins, gums, seed oils, and essential oils. By Augustus P. West. .. and William H. Brown. .. Manila, Bureau of printing, 1920. url p. 223, p. 4.
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. 366, p. xviii.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 181.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url p. 357.
- Plant-geography upon a physiological basis. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1903. url p. 359.
- Plantae Utowanae. Plants collected in Bermuda, Porto Rico, St. Thomas, Culebras, Santo Domingo, Jamaica, Cuba, The Caymans, Cozumel, Yucatan and the Alacran shoals. Dec. 1898-Mar. 1899. The Antillean cruise of the yach 2 1900 Chicago, 1900. url p. 68.
- Plants of the Bahamas, Jamaica and Grand Cayman, by A.S. Hitchcock. .. Issued March 9, 1893. St. Louis, 1893 url p. 73.
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 55, p. 55.
- Potter's cyclopedia of botanical drugs and preparations / by R. C. Wren. London: Potter & Clarke, [1900-1950?]. url p. viii.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url , p. 88.
- Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. Philadelphia, Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia url p. 374, p. 421, p. 516.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 560.
- Proceedings of the American Pomological Society. Columbus. url p. 192, p. 208, p. 209, p. 212, p. 88.
- Proceedings of the Boston Society of Natural History. Boston [etc.]Boston Society of Natural History. url p. 162.
- Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences, 4th series. San Francisco, California Academy of Sciences. url p. 249, p. 550.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 273, p. 60.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of New South Wales. Sydney, Linnean Society of New South Wales. url , p. 351, p. 92.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 415, p. 443, p. 650, p. 826.
- Proceedings of the. .. session of the American Pomological Society. Cleveland, Ohio: The Society, url p. 208, p. 68.
- Products of the empire, by J. Clinton Cummingham. Oxford, The Clarendon Press, 1921. url p. 132.
- Publication / Institute of Social Anthropology. Washington: U.S. Govt. Print. Off., 1944- url p. 147.
- Range plant handbook. Washington, U. S. Govt. print. off., 1937. url .
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 14, p. 176.
- Report of the Commissioner of Patents for the year 1859: agriculture. Washington, D.C.: George Bowman, printer, 1860. url p. 321, p. 347.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological meeting Calcutta;Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-24. url p. 218, p. 255, p. 314, p. 564.
- Report on investigations made in Java in the year 1902. ManilaBureau of Public Printing1903 url .
- Report on the agricultural resources and capabilities of Hawaii. Washington, Govt. Print. off., 1901. url p. 49.
- Report on the introduction and distribution of seeds and plants by the Bureau of Agriculture. By William S. Lyon. .. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903. url p. 14.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 15, p. 278, p. 305, p. 43.
- Report: . .. Washington, Blair & Rives, printers, 1838 url p. 106, p. 132, p. 134, p. 136, p. 98, p. 99.
- Review of applied mycology. Kew, SurreyCommonwealth Mycological Institute url p. 599.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 13, p. 33, p. 43, p. 9.
- Seemann, B. The botany of the voyage of H.M.S. Herald: under the command of Captain Henry Kellett, R.N., C.B., during the years 1845-51 /by Berthold Seemann. 1852-1857 London: Lovell Reeve, 1852-1857. url p. 435, p. 69.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 152 1968 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 89.
- Some south Indian insects and other animals of importance considered especially from an economic point of view / by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Madras, Printed by the superintendent, government press, 1914. url p. 243.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 191.
- Species Blancoanae: a critical revision of the Philippine species of plants described by Blanco and by Llanos /by E.D. Merrill. 1918 Manila: Bureau of Printing, 1918. url p. 233.
- Spolia zeylanica. S.l.: s.n. url p. 4.
- Standard values in nutrition and metabolism, being the second fascicle of a handbook of biological data. Prepared under the direction of the Committee on the Handbok of Biological Data, American Institute of Biological Sciences, National Research Council. Philadelphia, Saunders url p. 367.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 14.
- Studies in seeds and fruits, an investigation with the balance, London, Williams and Norgate, 1912. url .
- Suggestions received by the Agricultural & Horticultural Society of India for extending the cultivation and introduction of useful and ornamental plants: with a view to the improvement of the agricultural and commercial resources of India / compiled by Henry Harpur Spry. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1841. url p. 14, p. 146, p. 192.
- Systematic list of the trees, shrubs and woody-climbers of the Bombay Presidency / by W.A. Talbot. Bombay: Printed at the Govt. Central Press, 1894. url p. 61.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1542, p. 1547.
- The American botanist: a monthly journal for the plant lover. Binghamton, N.Y.: Willard N. Clute & Co., 1901-1948. url p. 54.
- The American flora: or history of plants and wild flowers: containing their scientific and general description, natural history, chemical and medical properties, mode of culture, propagation, &c., designed as a book of by A. B. Strong. 1 1855 New York: Hull & Spencer, 1855. url p. 25, index, page i.
- The Bahama flora, by Nathaniel Lord Britton and Charles Frederick Millspaugh. New York, The authors, 1920. url p. 664, p. 664, p. 664, p. 664.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 340, p. 454, p. 455, p. 523.
- The British cyclopædia of natural history: combining a scientific classification of animals, plants, and minerals. .. By authors eminent in their particular department. Arranged and ed. by Charles F. Partington. London: Orr & Smith, 1835-37. url p. 716.
- The British flora: comprising the phaenogamous, or flowering plants and the ferns / by Sir William Jackson Hooker. London: Longman, Orme, Brown, Green & Longmans, 1838- url p. 404.
- The Ecology of arboreal folivores: a symposium held at the Conservation and Research Center, National Zoological Park, Smithsonian Institution, May 29-31, 1975 / Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1978. url p. 571.
- The Edinburgh new philosophical journal. Edinburgh: A. and C. Black [etc.] url p. 252, p. 326, p. 64, p. 64, p. 80.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 505.
- The Ficus elastica in Burma proper: or a narrative of my journey in search of it: a descriptive account of its habits of growth and the process followed by the Kakhyens in the preparation of caoutchouc / by G. W. Strettell. Rangoon: Printed at the Government Press, 1876. url p. 97.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 705.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url , , p. 38.
- The Gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orome, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 100.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url p. 981.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url , , p. 128, p. 444, p. 46, p. 660, p. 685, p. 7.
- The Hope reports. Oxford: Printed for private circulation, 1897-1958. url p. 78.
- The Journal of heredity. Washington, etc., American Genetic Association url p. 181, p. 336.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 107, p. 180, p. 221, p. 432, p. 520, p. 542, p. 88, p. 93, p. 95.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 27 1891 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 11, p. 141, p. 27, p. 472, p. 517, p. 540, p. 58.
- The Lepidopterists' news: the monthly newsletter of the Lepidopterists' Society. Cambridge, Mass.: Lepidopterists' Society, 1947-1958. url p. 107.
- The London journal of botany: containing figures and descriptions of such plants as recommend themselves by their novelty, rarity, history, or uses: together with botanical notices and information and and occasional portraits and memoirs of eminent botanists. 1 1842 London: H. Baillie?re, 1842-1848. url p. 532.
- The Magazine of horticulture, botany, and all useful discoveries and improvements in rural affairs. Boston: Hovey and Co., 1837- url p. 297.
- The Magazine of natural history / conducted by Edward Charlesworth. [S.l.: s.n.], url p. 509.
- The Philippine journal of science. Manila: Bureau of Science url , p. 105, p. 186, p. 337, p. 379, p. 398, p. 453, p. 465, p. 487, p. 546, p. 568, p. 65, p. 651, p. 79, p. 84.
- The Phytologist: a botanical journal. London, William Pamplin, 1855-1863. url p. 66.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 155, p. 182, p. 209.
- The Popular educator: a complete encyclopaedia of elementary, advanced and technical education. London, Cassell url .
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng., etc.: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, etc. url p. 146, p. 185, p. 226, p. 26, p. 399, p. 484, p. 559, p. 609, p. 652, p. 662, p. 733, p. 782, p. 85.
- The biology of flowering plants, by Macgregor Skene. .. New York, The Macmillan Company, 1924. url p. 501.
- The botany of the voyage of H. M. S. Sulphur, under the command of Captain Sir Edward Belcher, during the years 1836-42. Published under the authority of the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty /Edited and superintended by Richard Brinsley Hinds, attached to the expedition. The botanical descriptions by George Bentham. 1844 London: Smith, Elder, 1844- url p. 183.
- The commercial products of India: being an abridgment of The dictionary of the economic products of India / by Sir George Watt; published under the authority of His Majesty's secretary of state for India in council. London: J. Murray, 1908. url p. 1046.
- The commercial products of the vegetable kingdom, considered in their various uses to man and in their relation to the arts and manufactures; forming a practical treatise and handbook of reference for the colonist, manufacturer, merchant, and consume London, Day, 1854. url p. 521.
- The cruise of the Tomas Barrera; London, G. P. Putnam's sons, 1916. url p. 72.
- The cruise of the Tomas Barrera; the narrative of a scientific expedition to western Cuba and the Colorados reefs, with observations on the geology, fauna, and flora of the region, New York and London.G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1916. url .
- The dictionary of science and technical terms used in philosophy, literature, professions, commerce, arts, and trades / by W.M. Buchanan; with supplement edited by James A. Smith. London: G.Bell and Sons, 1884. url p. 66.
- The differentiation and specificity of starches in relation to genera, species, etc.; stereochemistry applied to protoplasmic processes and products, and as a strictly scientific basis for the classification of plants and animals Washington, D.C.Carnegie institution of Washington1913 url p. 1, p. 210.
- The families of flowering plants. Washington, D. C., The Plant World Co.[1900-02] url .
- The flora of Jamaica; a description of the plants of that island, arranged according to the natural orders. With and appendix, containing an enumeration of the genera according to the Linnaean system, and an essay on the geographical destribution of the species. By James Macfadyen, M. D. Vo. I. Ranunculac London, Longman, Orme, Brown, Green, & Longman; [etc., etc.]1837. url p. 219, p. 219.
- The flora of Singapore. Singapore, 1900 url p. 68.
- The flora of St. Croix and the Virgin Islands, by Baron H.F.A. Eggers. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1879. url p. 119, p. 41.
- The flora of the American Virgin Islands / N.L. Britton. New York: New York Botanical Garden, 1918. url p. 64.
- The flora of the Dutch West Indian islands. .. by I. Boldingh. Leyden, E. J. Brill, 1909-14. url p. 172, p. 180, p. 58.
- The flora of the Malay Peninsula. By Henry N. Ridley, with illus. by J. Hutchinson. London, L. Reeve & co., ltd., 1922-25. url p. 526.
- The flora of the presidency of Bombay / By Theodore Cooke. London: Taylor and Francis, 1903-08. url .
- The flora sylvatica for southern India: containing quarto plates of all the principal timber trees in southern India and Ceylon, accompanied by a botanical manual, with descriptions of every known tree and shrub, and analysis of every genus Madras, Printed by Gantz Brothers[1869-73] url , p. 163.
- The forest trees of Mysore and Coorg. Bangalore, Mysore Govt. Central Press, 1894. url .
- The forests and flora of British Honduras / by Paul C. Standley and Samuel J. Record; in cooperation with the Conservator of Forests and the Agricultural Officer of the Colony. 12 1936 Chicago: [Field Museum of Natural History], 1936. url p. 225, p. 43.
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url , , .
- The gallery of nature a pictorial and descriptive tour through creation, illustrative of the wonders of astronomy, physical geography, and geology, by the Rev. Thomas Milner London, W. and R. Chambers, 1860 url p. 566.
- The gallery of nature and art; or, A tour through creation and science, LondonR. Wilks1818 url p. 224.
- The gardener's magazine and register of rural & domestic improvement. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, 1826-1844. url p. 100, p. 145, p. 33, p. 331.
- The gardens' bulletin, Straits Settlements. Singapore: Straits Times Press, 1913-1941. url p. 204, p. 3, p. 365.
- The indigenous trees of the Hawaiian Islands / by Joseph F. Rock. Honolulu: J.F. Rock; 1913. url p. 262.
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url , p. 198, p. 231, p. 468.
- The journal of the Horticultural Society of London. London, [England]: Published for the Society, by Longman and Co., 1846-1855. url p. 287, p. 292, p. 293, p. 299.
- The life of North American insects By B. Jaeger. .. Assisted by H.C. Preston, M.D. With numerous illustrations, from specimens in the cabinet of the author. New York, Harper, 1859. url p. 313, p. 313.
- The medicinal plants of the PHilippines, by T. H. Pardo de Tavera. .. tr. and rev. by Jerome B. Thomas, jr. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co.1901. url , , , .
- The medicinal plants of the Philippines / by T. H. Pardo de Tavera; translated and revised by Jerome B. Thomas. Philadelphia, P. Blakiston's son & co., 1901. url p. 245, p. 248, p. 249, p. 255, p. 84, p. xiii.
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url .
- The natural history of plants. By H. Baillon. Tr. by Marcus M. Hartog. London, L. Reeve & co., 1871-88. url p. 290.
- The natural history of plants. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1871-88. url , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun by F. W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. London, Blackie, 1894-1895. url p. 436, p. 928, p. 936.
- The natural history of the island of Fernando de Noronha based on the collections made by the British Museum Expedition in 1887. [London: Academic Press], 1890. url p. 11.
- The nut culturist: a treatise on the propagation, planting and cultivation of nut-bearing trees and shrubs, adapted to the climate of the United States. .. / New York: Orange Judd, 1896. url , p. 285.
- The organic constituents of plants and vegetable substances and their chemical analysis / by G.C. Wittstein; authorized translation from the German original, enlarged with numerous additions by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. Melbourne: MCarron, Bird & Co., 1878. url p. 239, p. 263, p. 36.
- The principles of fruit-growing, London, Macmillan & co., ltd., 1913. url p. 5.
- The principles of fruit-growing, with applications to practice, by L. H. Bailey. London, Macmillan & Co., ltd., 1915. url p. 5, p. 5.
- The principles of fruit-growing. New York, Macmillan1898 [c1897] url .
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1695, p. 1699, p. 1704, p. 2150, p. 2304, p. 2305, p. 3216, p. 3580, p. 3612, p. 48.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 891.
- The useful plants of the island of Guam; with an introductory account of the physical features and natural history of the island, of the character and history of its people, and of their agriculture / by William Edwin Safford. Washington, D.C.: Govt. Print. Off., 1905. url , , p. 182, p. 194, p. 201, p. 217, p. 220, p. 289, p. 303, p. 337, p. 383, p. 58.
- The uses of plants: a manual of economic botany with special reference to vegetable products introduced during the last fifty years / by G. S. Boulger. London: Roper & Drowley, 1889. url p. 147, p. 199, p. 60.
- The vegetable kingdom: or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, illustrated upon the natural system / by John Lindley. London: Bradbury and Evans, 1846. url p. 812.
- The vegetable kingdom; or, The structure, classification, and uses of plants, LondonBradbury & Evans1853 url p. 812.
- The view of Hindoostan. .. London: Printed by H. Hughs, 1798-1800. url p. 267.
- The world's commercial products; a descriptive account of the economic plants of the world and of their commercial uses by W. G. Freeman and S. E. Chandler. .. with contributions by T. A. Henry, C. E. Jones, and E. H. Wilson. London, Sir I. Pitman and sons, limited1907. url p. 278.
- Timber and timber trees, native and foreign. London, MacMillan, 1894. url , p. 213.
- Timbers and their uses; a handbook for woodworkers, merchants, and all interested in the conversion and use of timber, London, E. P. Dutton & Co., 1919. url , , .
- Timehri. Demerara: "Argosy" url p. 184.
- Tobacco and its use in Africa / by Berthold Laufer, Wilfrid D. Hambly, and Ralph Linton; 6 plates in photogravure. Chicago:Field Museum of Natural History, 1930. url p. 167.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 247.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 162, p. 99.
- Transactions of the Academy of Science of St. Louis. [St. Louis: Academy of Science of St. Louis], 1860-1958. url p. 410, p. 410.
- Transactions of the Botanical Society. Edinburgh: Botanical Society of Edinburgh, 1841-1891. url p. 476.
- Transactions of the Entomological Society of London. London, The Society. url , .
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 4 1894-1896 London. url p. 518.
- Transactions of the Royal Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: Douglas & Foulis, 1888-1926. url p. 195.
- Transactions of the Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: The Society, -1887. url p. 402, p. 440.
- Transactions of the third International congress of tropical agriculture, held at the Imperial institute, London, S.W., June 23rd to 30th, 1914. London: J. Bale, Sons & Danielsson, 1915-17. url p. 643.
- Travels in Brazil, in the years 1817-1820, : undertaken by command of His majesty the King of Bavaria by Dr. Joh.Babt. von Spix and Dr. C. F. Phil. von Martius / London, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green;1824. url p. 160.
- Travels on the Amazon. LondonWard Lock1911 url p. 336.
- Travels on the Amazon. New York, Harper[1889?] url p. 336.
- Trees and shrubs of Mexico / By Paul C. Standley. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1920-1926. url p. 659.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url , .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 140, p. 361.
- Tropical and subtropical fruits / by B. E. Dahlgren, Curator Emeritus, Dept. of Botany, Drawings by Albert Frey. [Chicago]:Chicago Natural History Museum, 1947. url p. 71.
- Vegetable technology; a contribution towards a bibliography of economic botany, with a comprehensive subject-index. By Benjamin Daydon Jackson. .. Founded upon the collections of George James Symons, F. R. S. London, Pub. for the Index society, by Longmans, Green & co. [etc.]1882. url p. 160, p. 265.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 348, p. 398, p. 689, p. 690, p. 693, p. 746, p. 747, p. 982.
- Views of nature, or, Contemplations on the sublime phenomena of creation: with scientific illustrations / by Alexander von Humboldt; translated from the German by E.C. Otté and Henry G. Bohn; with a frontispiece from a sketch by the author, a fac-simile of his handwriting, and a comprehensive index. London: H.G. Bohn, 1850. url p. 124.
- Views of nature: or, Contemplations on the sublime phenomena of creation; with scientific illustrations. By Alexander von Humboldt. Tr. from the German by E.C. Otté and Henry G. Bohn. .. London, G. Bell, 1884. url p. 124.
- West African forests and forestry / London: T.F. Unwin, ltd.,  url , .
- West African forests and forestry, by A. Harold Unwin. .. with 110 illustrations by the author. London, T. F. Unwin, ltd. url p. 136, p. 459, p. 503.
- West Indian mosses, by Elizabeth Gertrude Britton. New York, 1913-1915. url p. 667.
- Winter botany, a companion volume to the author's Plant materials of decorative gardening, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 184.
- Winter botany, by William Trelease. .. Urbana, The author, 1918. url p. 184.
- Woods of northeastern Peru, by Llewelyn Williams. 15 1936 Chicago, 1936. url p. 23, p. 284, p. 540, p. 551, p. 59.
- Zambezia: a general description of the valley of the Zambezi River, from its delta to the River Aroangwa, with its history, agriculture, flora, fauna, and ethnography / London: J. Murray, 1910. url , .
- [Pamphlets on agriculture in Guam] S.l.: s.n., 1905-1916 url p. 182, p. 201, p. 217, p. 220, p. 289, p. 337, p. 7.
- [Publications] - Bureau of Government Laboratories. Manila, Bureau of Public Printing, 1903-1906. url p. 124, p. 49, p. 57.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 15, 2007:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Botanical Research Institute of Texas, Andes to Amazon Biodiversity Program
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- Herbarium of the University of Aarhus, The AAU Herbarium Database
- Herbier de la Guyane, Herbier de la Guyane
- Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad
- , Biodiversidad de Costa Rica
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, Plants of Papua New Guinea
- SysTax, Herbarium Universitat Ulm
- SysTax, SysTax
- University of Alabama Biodiversity and Systematics, Herbarium
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2652280
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-28793
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13743908
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:69191-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 3060
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 28793
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 169779-3
- MoBot NameID: 1300006
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ANOC
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 13486