The Rutaceae are herbs, shrubs , and trees with glandular punctate , commonly strongly smelling herbage comprising about 150 genera and 1,500 species that are further characterized by the common occurrence of spines and winged petioles . The leaves are alternate or opposite, simple or palmately or pinnately compound , or sometimes heathlike or reduced to spines; stipules are absent. The flowers are often sweet-scented, nearly always bisexual , and are actinomorphic or sometimes zygomorphic. The calyx consists of 3-5 distinct or basally connate sepals and the corolla consists of 3-5 distinct or sometimes connate petals or rarely the petals are lacking. The androecium consists of distinct or sometimes connate stamens that are commonly obdiplostemonous , that is in two whorls with the outer whorl opposite the petals. However, sometimes there may be (1)3-4 whorls or rarely up to 60 stamens. The gynoecium consists of a single compound pistil of commonly 2-5 or more, often incompletely connate carpels that may be united only basally or apically, either one or an equal number of styles, and a superior ovary with usually 2-5 or more locules, each bearing 1-several axile ovules. Generally, an intrastaminal nectary disk is situated between the stamens and the ovary. The fruit is variable. -- Gerald Carr.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 1,036 meters (0 to 3,399 feet).
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rutanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Magnoliopsida () - Brongniart, 1843 - Dicotyledons
- Infraphylum: Radiatopses () - Kenrick & Crane, 1997
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Publishing author : St .Hil. Publication : Bull . Sci. Soc. Philom. Paris (1823) 129.
Members of the genus Almeidea
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 0 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- Lindley, J. Paxton's flower garden /by Professor Lindley and Sir Joseph Paxton. 1 1853 London: Bradbury and Evans, -1853. url p. 191.
- Memoirs of the Manchester Literary and Philosophical Society. London: The Society, 1882-1887. url p. 535.
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 4.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 398.
- The Cottage gardener. [London: W.S. Orr, url , p. 223.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url , , p. 555.
- The florist and garden miscellany. London: Chapman and Hall, 1850-1851. url p. 293.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed March 16, 2008. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 4 providers.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Dec 27, 2011.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (May 04, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal March 16, 2008:
- Missouri Botanical Garden
- The New York Botanical Garden: Species of Eastern Brazil Vascular Plant Specimens
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3472572
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 15826105
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:771151-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 2434
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 771151-1
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 1107615