Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in Dutch:
Fioringras, Wit Struisgras
Common Names in English:
Carpet Bentgrass, Carpet Bent, Creeping Bent, Creeping Bent Grass, Creeping Bentgrass, Fiorin, Redtop, Redtop Bent, Redtop Bent, Seaside Bentgrass, Spreading Bent, Spreading Bentgrass, White Bent
Common Names in French:
Agrostide Rampante, Agrostide Stolonifère, Agrostis Rampant
Common Names in German:
Fioringras, Flecht-Straußgras, Flechtstraußgras, Weißes Straußgras
Common Names in Greek:
Common Names in Italian:
Capellini Comuni, Rcapellini Communi
Common Names in Russian:
Polevica Pobegoobrazujuščaja, Polevitsa Pobegoobrazujushchaia (Polevica Pobegoobrazujuaja), полевица побегообразующая
Common Names in Spanish:
Agróstide Común, Agróstide Estolonífera, Agróstide Rastrera, Agrostis Estolonífero, Chépica Alemana, Heno Gris
Common Names in Swedish:
Common Names in Turkish:
Beyaz Ayrk çimi
or sometimes with rhizomes or stolons. Leaf blades
, flat or rolled; ligule membranous. Inflorescence a panicle, open to contracted
or spikelike. Spikelets
with 1 floret, small, often gaping
, without rachilla extension
; rachilla disarticulating above glumes
; glumes persistent
than floret, subequal
or lower a little longer, membranous, 1-veined, apex subacute
to acuminate; floret callus glabrous
or shortly pilose
; lemma oblong
, thinner than glumes, often hyaline
, 5-veined, rounded
on back, glabrous or hairy
veins sometimes excurrent, awnless or awned
from back, apex truncate
, sometimes weakly so or straight when short; palea shorter than lemma, sometimes very small. Stamens 3. Caryopsis oblong, sulcate
on ventral side.
About 200 species:temperate and cold regions of the N hemisphere, also on tropical mountains; 25 species (eight endemic) in China.
The genus includes some good fodder and lawn plants .
Some species are superficially very similar, and correct identification depends on careful observation of spikelet details. It is also important to collect the basal parts to show the presence or absence of rhizomes and stolons. When the palea is long it is normally obvious, but small paleas usually adhere to the mature caryopsis and may appear to be absent. The presence or absence of awns is useful for identification, but awned species may have awnless variants , and vice versa, and the position of the awn on the lemma back can also be rather variable.
Species Agrostis stolonifera
Perennial , tufted , stoloniferous ; stolons slender, leafy, widely spreading , developing after anthesis . Culms erect or geniculate and rooting at base , 30-50(-100) cm tall. Leaf sheaths smooth ; leaf blades linear , flat or inrolled , 4-10 cm × 2-5 mm, scaberulous, apex acute to acuminate; ligule on non-flowering shoots 2-3.5 mm, rounded to truncate , often lacerate . Panicle narrow, linear to lanceolate in outline, 5-20 cm, open only at anthesis, otherwise contracted , often dense; branches several per node, closely divided , ascending , scabrous , main branch at a node often bare in lower 1/3, but accompanied by shorter branches bearing spikelets to base. Spikelets 1.8-3 mm, yellowish green; glumes lanceolate, subequal or lower glume slightly longer , lower glume scabrous along keel distally, upper glume often smooth, apex acute; callus minutely hairy ; lemma 3/4 as long to subequaling spikelet, usually awnless, apex rounded; palea 1/2-3/4 length of lemma. Anthers 0.8-1.5 mm. Fl. Aug. This is a widespread and polymorphic species, adventive in many temperate countries. [source]
Flowers: Bloom Period: June, July, August. • Flower Color: green, magenta
Size: 24-36" tall.
Moist places along roadsides.
Typically found at an altitude of 0 to 3,180 meters (0 to 10,433 feet).
Culture: Space 36-48" apart.
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 3a, 3b, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b, 6a, 6b, 7a, 7b. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Juncanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Commelinidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Infraphylum: Angiospermae () - Auct.
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina () - (Auct.) Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Agrostis alba L. var. stolonifera Scribn. • Agrostis alba var. palustris (Huds.) Pers. • Agrostis alba var. stolonifera (L.) Sm. • Agrostis capillaris L. var. stolonifera (L.) Druce • Agrostis maritima Lam. • Agrostis palustris Huds. • Agrostis palustris Huds. var. stolonifera (L.) Druce • Agrostis palustris Hudson; A. Sibirica V. A. Petrov. • Agrostis polymorpha Huds. var. stolonifera (L.) Huds. • Agrostis stolonifera var. compacta Hartman • Agrostis stolonifera var. palustris (Huds.) Farw. • Agrostis tenuis Sibth. var. stolonifera (L.) Podp. • Agrostis vulgaris With. var. stolonifera (L.) G. Mey. • Decandolia stolonifera (L.) Bastard • Milium stoloniferum (L.) Lag.
Publishing author : L. Publication : Species Plantarum 1753 (1 May 1753)
Members of the genus Agrostis
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 51 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus:
A. aequivalvis (Arctic Bentgrass) · A. alascana (Alaska Bentgrass) · A. alba var. major (Black Bent) · A. avenacea (Pacific Bentgrass) · A. blasdalei (Blasdale Bentgrass) · A. blasdalei var. blasdalei (Blasdale Bentgrass) · A. canina (Brown Bentgrass) · A. canina canina (Velvet Bent Grass) · A. capillaris (Brown-Top Bent) · A. capillaris var. aristata (Colonial Bent) · A. capillaris 'Jorvik' (Common Bent 'jorvik') · A. castellana (Bentgrass) · A. clavata (Clavate Bentgrass) · A. clivicola (Coastal Bluff Bentgrass) · A. clivicola var. clivicola (Coastal Bluff Bent Grass) · A. clivicola var. punta-reyesensis (Point Reyes Bentgrass) · A. densiflora (California Bentgrass) · A. elliottiana (Elliot Bentgrass) · A. exarata (Longtongue Bentgrass) · A. exarata var. exarata (Spike Bentgrass) · A. gigantea (Black Bent) · A. hallii (Hall's Bentgrass) · A. hallii var. hallii (Hall's Bentgrass) · A. hendersonii (Henderson's Bentgrass) · A. hooveri (Hoover Bentgrass) · A. howellii (Howell's Bentgrass) · A. humilis (Alpine Bentgrass) · A. hyemalis (Winter Bentgrass) · A. idahoensis (Idaho Bentgrass) · A. idahoensis var. idahoensis (Idaho Bentgrass) · A. longiligula var. longiligula (Longtongue Bentgrass) · A. mertensii (Arctic Bentgrass) · A. microphylla (Small-Leaf Bentgrass) · A. microphylla var. microphylla (Smallleaf Bentgrass) · A. muelleriana (He'u-Pueo) · A. nebulosa (Bentgrass) · A. oregonensis (Oregon Bentgrass) · A. pallens (Leafy Bentgrass) · A. perennans (Autumm Bentgrass) · A. pringlei (Pringle's Bentgrass) · A. rossiae (Mountain Bentgrass) · A. sandwicensis (Hawai'i Bentgrass) · A. scabra (Hairgrass) · A. scabra var. scabra (Rough Bentgrass) · A. stolonifera (Carpet Bentgrass) · A. stolonifera palustris (Creeping Bent Grass) · A. stolonifera var. stolonifera (Creeping Bentgrass) · A. tandilensis (Kennedy's Bentgrass) · A. variabilis (Mountain Bentgrass) · A. vinealis (Brown Bentgrass) · A. vinealis vinealis (Brown Bentgrass)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A brief compend of American agriculture. New York, Saxton & Miles, 1846. url p. 87.
- A compendium of physiological and systematic botany, by George Sumner. Hartford, O. D. Cooke, 1820. url p. 119.
- A descriptive catalogue of the grasses of the United States, including especially the grass collections at the New Orleans exposition made by the U. S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, Gibson Bros., 1885. url .
- A dictionary of English names of plants applied in England and among English-speaking people to cultivated and wild plants, trees, and shrubs, by William Miller; in two parts, English-Latin and Latin-English. London, J. Murray, 1884. url p. 46, p. 55.
- A dictionary of popular names of the plants which furnish the natural and acquired wants of man, in all matters of domestic and general economy. Their history, products, & uses, by John Smith. London, Macmillan, 1882. url p. 174.
- A flora of California, by Willis Linn Jepson. San Francisco, Calif., Cunningham, Curtis & Welch, 1909- url p. 116, p. 117, p. 117.
- A manual of farm grasses, Washington, D. C., The author, 1921. url , p. 95.
- A manual of farm grasses, by A. S. Hitchcock. Washington, D. C.: The author, 1921. url p. 95.
- A manual of farm grasses. Washington, Hitchcock, 1921. url p. 95.
- A natural arrangement of British plants: according to their relations to each other as pointed out by Jussieu, De Candolle, Brown, &c.. .. / with an introduction to botany. .. By Samuel Frederick Gray. .. London: Baldwin, Cradock, and Joy, 1821. url p. 145.
- A natural history of British grasses / by E.J. Lowe. London: John C. Nimmo, 1891. url p. 59.
- A new instructor for garden, orchard and field culture. .. Kansas City, Mo., 1887. url p. 62.
- A preliminary catalogue of the flora of Vancouver and Queen Charlotte Islands. Victoria, B.C., Printed by W. H. Cullin, 1921. url .
- A supplement to F. Hamilton Davey's Flora of Cornwall / by Edgar Thurston and Chambré C. Vigurs. Truro: Oscar Blackford, Royal Printeries, 1922. url p. 149.
- A text-book of mycology and plant pathology / Philadelphia: P. Blakiston's Son & Co.c1917. url .
- A treatise on agriculture and rural affairs. By Robert Brown. Edinburgh, Oliphant, Waugh, and Innes, 1811. url p. 271.
- Acta Societatis pro Fauna et Flora Fennica. Helsinki: Societas, 1875-1980. url p. 12, p. 120, p. 128, p. 13, p. 179, p. 180, p. 182, p. 193, p. 218, p. 225, p. 245, p. 264, p. 266, p. 29, p. 29, p. 332, p. 357, p. 359, p. 38, p. 40, p. 44, p. 45, p. 47, p. 58, p. 65, p. 74, p. 9.
- Agricultural botany, theoretical and practical. New York, H. Holt, 1910. url .
- Agriculture of Maine.. .. annual report of the Secretary of the Maine Board of Agriculture. Augusta, 1857-1901. url p. 101, p. 19, p. 71.
- Agriculture, ancient and modern: a historical account of its principles and practice, exemplified in their rise, progress, and development. By Samuel Copland, the "Old Norfolk farmer" of the Mark Lane Express. . London, Virtue and company, 1866. url p. 604, p. 765.
- Agrostographia; a treatise on the cultivated grasses and other herbage and forage plants. Edinburgh, W. Blackwood, 1877. url , , , , .
- American farming and stock raising, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments, ed. by Charles L. Flint; with an appendix by Manly Miles. Illustrated with over six hundred engravings. New York, Casselberry, 1892. url p. 224.
- American journal of agriculture and science. New York: Huntington & Savage, 1846-1848 url p. 42.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 167.
- An encyclopædia of agriculture: comprising the theory and practice of the valuation, transfer, laying out, improvement, and management of landed property; and the cultivation and economy of the animal and vegetable productions of ag By J. C. Loudon. London: Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, 1826. url p. 823, p. 825.
- An illustrated flora of the Pacific States: Washington, Oregon, and California. Stanford University, Stanford University Press, 1923- url p. 150.
- An introduction to physiological and systematical botany. By James Edward Smith.... London, Longman, Hurst, Reese, and Orme, 1809. url p. 238.
- Anales de la Sociedad Española de Historia Natural. Madrid: La Sociedad, url p. 114, p. 168, p. 168, p. 230, p. 90, p. 90, p. 98.
- Annals of applied biology. [Wellesbourne, Warwick, etc.]Association of Applied Biologists [etc.] url p. 172, p. 173.
- Annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of New York state, by Homer D. House. Albany, The University of the state of New York, 1924. url p. 98.
- Annual report / New York State Museum. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, c1904-1920. url p. 60, p. 7.
- Annual report of the Board of Control of the State Agricultural Experiment Station at Amherst, Mass. [S.l.: s.n.], -1895 url p. 51.
- Annual report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Albany: State of New York, Dept. of Agriculture, 1894-1911. url p. 620.
- Annual report of the Maine Agricultural Experiment Station. [Orono, Me.: Maine State College, 1885-1953. url p. 169, p. 191.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 160.
- Annual report. .. / [State Board of Agriculture]. [Montpelier, Vt.]: The Board, 1900-1908. url p. 9.
- Appendices A-E: terrestrial resources injury assessment report: upper Clark Fork River NPL sites. Helena?, Mont.: Dept. of Justice?, 1995 url , .
- Aquatic and wetland plants of southwestern United States, by Donovan S. Correll and Helen B. Correll. [Washington]Environmental Protection Agency; [For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off.]1972. url p. 231, p. 232.
- Bartonia;proceedings of the Philadelphia botanical club. .. 47 - 51 1980 - 19 Philadelphia, Philadelphia Botanical Club, Academy of Natural Sciences. url p. 22, p. 31.
- Beautify the lawn to reflect your personality. .. Santa Rosa, Cal., Issued by the Luther Burbank society, c1915. url p. 16.
- Biosphere Reserves, Compilation 4, October 1986: programme on man and the biosphere (MAB) IUCN Conservation Monitoring Centre url p. 451.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 293.
- Botanisk tidsskrift / utgivet af den Botaniske forening i København. København: G.E.C. Gads Forlag, 1866-1981. url p. 101, p. 106, p. 127, p. 129, p. 134, p. 35, p. 49, p. 51, p. 52, p. 54, p. 55, p. 56, p. 57, p. 88, p. 89, p. 99.
- Botaniska notiser. Upsala: Wahlstro?m, 1857-c1980. url p. 203.
- Botany Cambridge, Mass., John Wilson and Son, 1880 url p. 271.
- Botany of the United States north of Virginia; comprising descriptions of the flowering and fern-like plants hitherto found in those states, arranged according to the natural system. With a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnean system, a New York, Harper, 1868. url p. 430.
- British grasses and their employment in agriculture, Cambridge, University press, 1917. url , .
- British grasses: an introduction to the study of the Gramineae of Great Britain and Ireland / 1867 London: Reeve & co., 1867 url p. 50, p. 53, p. 54.
- Britton, N. L. (ed.). North American flora. [New York]New York Botanical Garden. url p. 1012, p. 515, p. 521, p. 522.
- Budd's flora of the Canadian Prairie Provinces / [Ottawa]: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1987. url p. 92, p. 94, p. 95.
- Bulletin - New York State Museum. Albany: New York State Education Dept. url p. 12, p. 60, p. 7.
- Bulletin / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington: G.P.O., 1901-1913. url p. 9.
- Bulletin / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 10, p. 10, p. 12, p. 14, p. 17, p. 77, p. 96, p. 99.
- Bulletin of miscellaneous information /Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. 1919 1919 London: H.M. Stationery Office, 1900-1941. url p. 108.
- Bulletin of the New York Botanical Garden. Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., url p. 136.
- Bulletin of the Southern California Academy of Sciences. Los Angeles, Calif.: The Academy, 1902-1971. url p. 9.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 11, p. 127, p. 129, p. 16, p. 18, p. 20, p. 20, p. 20, p. 29, p. 4, p. 6.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url , p. 19, p. 63.
- C. E. Hobbs Botanical hand-book of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use. Especially designed as a reference book for druggists and apothecaries. Comp. and pub. by Charles E. Hobbs. Boston, Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url p. 45.
- C.E. Hobbs' Botanical hand-book: of common local, English, botanical and pharmacopœial names arranged in alphabetical order, of most of the crude vegetable drugs, etc., in common use: their properties, productions and uses in an abb Boston: Printed by C.C. Roberts, 1876. url .
- Catalogue of scientific papers (1800-1900) Comp. by the Royal society of London. Cambridge, C. J. Clay and sons, 1867-1902; url p. 31.
- Catalogue of scientific papers, 1800-1900. Compiled by the Royal Society of London. London, C.J. Clay and Sons, 1867-1902 [etc.] Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1914-25. url p. 31.
- Circular / United States Department of Agriculture, Division of Agrostology. Washington, D.C.: The Division, 1895-1901. url p. 10.
- Compte rendu du Congre?s international d'essais de semences. Discussions at the International Seed Testing Conference. Verhandlungen der Internationalen Konferenz fu?r Samenpru?fung a?/in Copenhague (Danemark), 6.- 10. VI. 1921. Hamburg, Druck von Lu?tcke & Wulff url , .
- Conservation status of Spiranthes diluvialis Sheviak in Montana. Helena: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 1998 url p. 24, p. 25, p. 27, p. 40, p. 60, p. 61, p. 63, p. 64, p. 65.
- Contributions from the Botanical Laboratory and the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania. Philadelphia: [s.n., url .
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 48 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 115, p. 155, p. 156, p. 157, p. 158, p. 159, p. 245, p. 25, p. 318, p. 319, p. 378, p. 380, p. 401, p. 43, p. 44, p. 45, p. 452, p. 46, p. 47, p. 49, p. 492, p. 50, p. 53, p. 54, p. 540, p. 55, p. 550, p. 56, p. 57, p. 59, p. 590, p. 591, p. 60, p. 61, p. 617, p. 64, p. 65, p. 67, p. 68, p. 689, p. 70, p. 71, p. 72, p. 72, p. 74, p. 75, p. 755, p. 78, p. 79, p. 80, p. 81, p. 82, p. 83, p. 84, p. 88, p. 91.
- Contributions to the botany of Vermont. Burlington, Vt.: Botanical Dept., University of Vermont, 1898-1911. url p. 9.
- Cyclopedia of American horticulture, comprising suggestions for cultivation of horticultural plants, descriptions of the species of fruits, vegetables, flowers and ornamental plants sold in the United by L. H. Bailey. .. assisted by William Miller. .. and many expert cultivators and botanists. London: The Macmillan company, 1909. url p. 588.
- Dedication papers: scientific papers presented at the dedication of the laboratory building and plant houses, April 19-21, 1917. Brooklyn, N.Y.: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1918. url p. 361.
- Desirables and weeds for roadside management: a northern Rocky Mountain catalogue / [Helena]: Available through the National Technical Information Service, 1997] url , , .
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 696, p. 698, p. 757.
- Diseases of plants induced by cryptogamic parasites: introduction to the study of pathogenic Fungi, slime-Fungi, bacteria, & Algae / London; Longmans, Green & co., 1897. url , .
- Ecological inventory of wetland sites in the Thompson-Fisher conservation easement / Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2002. url , .
- Ecologically significant wetlands in the Missouri headwaters: Jefferson, lower Madison, lower Gallatin, and upper Red Rock River watersheds / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2004. url , , .
- Elements of agricultural chemistry in a course of lectures for the Board of Agriculture. Philadelphia, B. Warner, 1821. url p. 289, p. 295.
- Elements of agricultural chemistry, in a course of lectures for the Board of agriculture. By Sir Humphry Davy. .. Alexandria:and William F. Gray, 1815. url p. 326, p. 327, p. 390, p. 391, p. lix, p. lviii.
- Elements of the science of botany, as established by Linnaeus; with examples to illustrate the classes and orders of his system. London, Printed by T. Bensley for J. Murray.1812. url p. 104.
- Erythea. a journal of botany, West American and general. 2 1894 Berkeley, Calif., University of California, 1893-1922. url p. 200.
- Experiment station record. Washington: G.P.O., 1889-1946. url p. 227, p. 316, p. 338, p. 364, p. 633, p. 795.
- Expert rebuttal opinions regarding injuries to terrestrial resources, Clark Fork River Basin, MT / Boulder, CO: Hagler Bailey Consulting, 1995. url .
- FLORA OF RUSSIA A.A.Balkema Publishers url p. 313.
- Facts for farmers; New York, A.J. Johnson;1867. url p. 753.
- Family #15, Gramineae / Richard W. Pohl. 4 1980 [Chicago]: Field Museum of Natural History, 1980. url p. 32, p. 35, p. 596.
- Farm grasses of the United States; a practical treatise on the grass crop, seeding and management of meadows and pastures, descriptions of the best varieties, the seed and its impurities, grasses for special conditions, etc., etc. New York, O. Judd company, 1916. url .
- Flora hibernica, comprising the flowering plants, ferns, Characeæ, Musci, Hepaticæ, Lichenes and Algæ of Ireland, arranged according to the natural system with a synopsis of the genera according to the Linnæan system, by James Townsend Mackay. Dublin, Simpkin, Marshall and co.; [etc., etc.]1836. url p. 298.
- Flora of Delaware and the Eastern Shore: an annotated list of the ferns and flowering plants of the peninsula of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. [Wilmington]: Society of Natural History of Delaware, 1946. url p. 29.
- Flora of Indiana, by Charles C. Deam. Indianapolis, Wm. B. Burford printing co., contractor for state printing and binding, 1940. url p. 1028.
- Flora of Japan: in English: combined, much revised and extended translation / by the author of his Flora of Japan (1953) and Flora of Japan, Pteridophyta (1957); edited by Frederick G. Meyer and Egbert H. Walker. Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1965. url p. 142.
- Flora of Los Angeles and vicinity / by LeRoy Abrams. Stanford University, Cal. 1917. url p. 33.
- Flora of New Mexico / by E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Washington: G.P.O., 1915. url p. 78.
- Flora of New Mexico. By E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off.1915 url p. 78.
- Flora of Peru... by J. Francis Macbride. 13 1936 Chicago, 1936- url p. 163, p. 165.
- Flora of Vermont; a list of the fern and seed plants growing without cultivation. Prepared by Ezra Brainerd, L.R. Jones and W.W. Eggleston, committee for the Vermont botanical club. Burlington, Vt., Free Press Association, 1900. url p. 9.
- Flora of the Queen Charlotte Islands. [Ottawa: Queen's Printer], 1968-. url p. 186.
- Flora of the Rocky Mountains and adjacent plains, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and neighboring parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, and British Columbia, by P. A. Rydberg... New York, The author, 1917. url p. 53.
- Flora of the northwest coast, including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon. Lancaster, Pa., Press of the New Era Printing Company, 1915. url , .
- Flora of the northwest coast: including the area west of the summit of the Cascade Mountains, from the forty-ninth parallel south to the Calapooia Mountains on the south border of Lane County, Oregon / by Charles V. Piper and R. Kent Beattie. Lancaster, Pa.: Press of the New era printing company, 1915. url p. 43.
- Florigraphia Britannica; or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants & ferns of Britain. London, R. Groombridge, 1841-48. url p. 95.
- Florigraphia britannica, or, Engravings and descriptions of the flowering plants and ferns of Britain / by Richard Deakin. London: Groombridge, 1857. url p. 95.
- Florists' review Chicago: Florists' Pub. Co. url , , , , .
- Flowers and the flower garden. With instructions on the culture of ornamental trees, shrubs, &c., &c. By Elizabeth Watts. .. London, F. Warne & Co., 1867. url p. 160.
- Fodder and pasture plants / by Geo. H. Clark and M. Oscar Malte; with colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Ottawa: Dept. of Agriculture, Canada: available at the Office of the Superintendent of Stationery, Government Printing Bureau, 1913. url p. 50.
- Fodder and pasture plants, Ottawa, Minister of Agriculture, 1913. url .
- Fodder and pasture plants, by Geo. H. Clark, B.S.A. and M. Oscar Malte, Ph.D. With water colour illustrations by Norman Criddle. Pub. in 1913. Reprinted by direction of the Honourable W.R. Motherwell, minister of agriculture, O Ottawa, F.A. Acland, Printer, 1923. url p. 50.
- Food for plants / Harris and Myers; edited and published by William S. Myers. New York: [s.n.], [191-?] url p. 282.
- Food for plants. New York, Chilean Nitrate of Soda Educational Bureau, [192-?] url p. 226.
- Food for plants. New York[191-?] url p. 282.
- Forage plants and their culture, New York, The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 171.
- Forage plants and their culture, by Charles V. Piper. New York: The Macmillan company, 1914. url p. 171.
- Forest culture and eucalyptus trees, San FranciscoCubery1876 url p. 42.
- Forest culture in its relation to industrial pursuits. A lecture, delivered by Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. on 22nd June, 1871. Melbourne, Mason, Firth, and M'Cutcheon, 1871 url p. 23.
- Forests and forestry of northern Russia and lands beyond / comp. by John Croumbie Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1884- url p. 190.
- Fungous diseases of plants, with chapters on physiology, culture methods and technique, by Benjamin Minge Duggar. Boston, Ginn and company, [c1909] url p. 410.
- Fungous diseases of plants; with chapters on physiology, culture methods and techniques. Boston, Ginn url p. 410.
- Genesee farmer. Rochester, N.Y.: B.F. Smith & Co., [1845-1865] url p. 308.
- Genetics today: proceedings of the XI International Congress of Genetics, The Hague, The Netherlands, September 1963 / edited by S. J. Geerts. Oxford: Pergamon Press, 1963-65. url p. 95.
- Grasses and forage plants a practical treatise comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value, methods of cultivating, cutting and curing, and the management of grass lands in the United States and British provi by Charles L. Flint. Boston: J.E. Tilton, 1867. url .
- Grasses and forage plants, a practical treatise, comprising their natural history, comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Pro Boston, Phillips, 1859. url p. 209.
- Grasses and forage plants. A practical treatise. Comprising their natural history comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British Prov Boston, W. F. Gill, 1874. url , .
- Grasses and forage plants: a practical treatise comprising their natural history; comparative nutritive value; methods of cultivating, cutting, and curing; and the management of grass lands in the United States and British prov Boston, Lee and Shepard, 1888. url p. 209, p. 389.
- Grasses and how to grow them in North America / by Thomas Shaw. St. Paul: Webb publishing co., 1910. url p. 147.
- Grasses of North America / by W.J. Beal. New York: H. Holt, 1887-1896. url p. 148, p. 202, p. 229.
- Grasses of North America chapters on the physiology, composition, selection, improving and cultivation of grasses, management of grass lands, also chapters on clovers, injurious insects and fungi / by W.J. Beal. New York: H. Holt, 1896, c1887. url p. 148, p. 202, p. 284.
- Grasses of North America for farmers and students. .. / by W.J. Beal. Lansing: W.J. Beal, 1887-1896. url p. 148, p. 202, p. 229.
- Grasses of North America. .. by W. J. Beal. New York: H. Holt and company, 1887-96. url p. 148, p. 202, p. 229, p. 284.
- Grasses: a handbook for use in the field and laboratory / by H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge: University Press, 1901. url p. 51.
- Grasses; a handbook for use in the field and laboratory. By H. Marshall Ward. Cambridge, University Press, 1908. url p. 51.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1987 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 695, p. 770, p. 82.
- Guide to the Economic Museum of the New York Botanical Garden. New York, 1921. url p. 136.
- Handbook of experiment station work. Washington, Gov't print. off., 1893. url p. 161.
- Henderson's Hand-book of the grasses of Great Britain and America. Their generic and specific character, comparative nutritive value, soils best adapted for their cultivation, proper times and methods of sowing, approved mixtures and quantities usually sown, after ma Northport, L.I., Journal Pub. Co., 1875. url p. 69.
- Henderson's Handbook of plants and general horticulture / By Peter Henderson. New York, P. Henderson & Co., 1910. url p. 155, p. 175.
- Hooker, J. D. The botany of the Antarctic voyage of H.M. discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the Years 1839-1843: under the command of Captain Sir James Clark Ross /by Joseph Dalton Hooker. London: Reeve Brothers, 1844-60. url p. 372.
- Horses & stables. London, Longmans, 1911. url , p. 52.
- Horses and stables / by F. Fitzwygram. London: Longmans, Green, 1886. url , p. 70.
- Horses and stables. LondonLongmans1901 url , p. 52.
- Horticulture. Boston, Mass.: Horticulture Pub. Co., c1904- url , p. 227, p. 362, p. 418, p. 438, p. 532, p. 544, p. 844.
- Hortus Gramineus Woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses, &c. &c., used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals; instituted by John, Duke of B London, W. Ridgway, 1869. url , p. 435.
- Hortus gramineus Woburnensis: or, an account of the results of experiments on the produce, and nutritive qualities of different grasses, and other plants, used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John Duke of Bedford /Illustrated with dried specimens of the plants upon which these experiments have been made, and practical observations on their natural habits, and the soils best adapted to their growth; pointing out the kinds most profitable for permanent pasture, irrigated meadows, dry or upland pasture, and the alternate husbandry; accompanied with the discriminating characters of the species, and varieties. By George Sinclair. 1816 London: Printed by B. McMillan, 1816. url , p. 112, p. 115, p. 123, p. 144, p. 148, p. 150, p. 154, p. 158, p. 228, p. 238, p. 283, p. 285, p. 3, p. 5, p. 66, p. xii.
- Hortus gramineus woburnensis; or, An account of the results of experiments on the produce and nutritive qualities of different grasses and other plants used as the food of the more valuable domestic animals: instituted by John, du By George Sinclair. London: J. Ridgway, 1826. url p. 12, p. 131, p. 133, p. 183, p. 225, p. 227, p. 229, p. 239, p. 240, p. 270, p. 272, p. 273, p. 281, p. 343, p. 344, p. 348, p. 349, p. 350, p. 357, p. 36, p. 383, p. 386, p. 433, p. 64.
- Index to the names of North American grasses: a report presented to the Society for the Promotion of Agricultural Science, at the Indianapolis meeting, 1890 / [S.l.]Published by authority of the Society, 1980? url , p. 3.
- Introduction to the plant-life of the Oxford district. London, Milford, 1922-25. url p. 45, p. 49, p. 90.
- Journal of agricultural research. Washington, U.S. Govt. Printing Office, 1913-1949.. url p. 442, p. 443, p. 456, p. 479, p. 483.
- Journal of botany, British and foreign. London: Robert Hardwicke, 1863-1942. url p. 153, p. 174, p. 198, p. 393.
- Journal of the Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society. Chapel Hill, N.C. [etc.]Elisha Mitchell Scientific Society [etc.] url p. 160.
- Journal of the Royal Agricultural Society of England. London:Royal Agricultural Society of England [etc.], 1840-2002. url p. 2, p. 7.
- Journal of the proceedings of the Linnean Society. Botany. 5 1861 London: Longman, Brown, Green, Longmans, & Roberts: ||Williams and Norgate, 1857-1864. url p. 35, p. 40.
- Key to the Rocky Mountain flora; Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and parts of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, and British Columbia. New York, 1919. url p. 28.
- Landscape gardening as applied to home decoration. By Samuel T. Maynard. .. New York, J. Wiley, 1915. url p. 37.
- Lawns and gardens. How to plant and beautify the home lot, the pleasure ground and garden, by N. Jönsson-Rose. With numerous plans and illustrations by the author. New York, G. P. Putnam, 1897. url p. 109.
- Lawns, golf courses, polo fields, and how to treat them, New York, The Coe-Mortimer company, 1914. url p. 13, p. 19, p. 25, p. 27, p. 5, p. 7, p. 9.
- Laying down land to permanent pasture: and the improvement of old grass lands / London: Longmans, Green,  url p. 11, p. 13.
- Leaf smut of timothy / George A. Osner. Ithaca, N.Y.: Cornell University, 1916. url p. 189.
- Letters on modern agriculture, New York, J. Wiley, 1859. url p. 223.
- Loudon's encyclopaedia of plants; comprising the specific character, description, culture, history, application in the arts, and every other desirable particular respecting all the plants indigenous to, cultivated in, or introduced in Edited by Mrs. Loudon, assisted by George Don and David Wooster. London, Longmans, Green, 1866. url p. 56.
- Making a lawn, by Luke J. Doogue. New York, McBride, Nast & company, 1912. url p. 16.
- Manual of British botany, containing the flowering plants and ferns. Arranged according to the natural orders. London, J. Van Voorst, 1881. url .
- Manual of British botany: containing the flowering plants and ferns arranged according to the natural orders / by the late Charles Cardale Babington. London: Gurney & Jackson, 1904. url p. 491.
- Manual of the grasses of the United States / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington: U.S. G.P.O., 1935. url p. 329, p. 330, p. 783, p. 785.
- Manual of vascular plants of the lower Yangtze Valley, China. Corvallis, Oregon State College url p. 458.
- Memoirs / Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Brooklyn, N.Y.: The Garden, 1918-1936. url p. 359, p. 361.
- Memoirs of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum of Polynesian Ethnology and Natural History. Honolulu: [Bishop Museum Press], 1899-1949. url p. 149, p. 151, p. 224, p. 225, p. 226.
- Memoirs of the Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture: containing communications on various subjects in husbandry & rural affairs. [Philadelphia: Johnson & Warner], 1808-1826. url p. 64.
- Memoirs of the San Diego Society of Natural History. 12 1981 San Diego, Calif.: The Society, 1931-1989. url fig. 26, page 45.
- Minimum areas for different vegetations, their determination from species-area curves. Urbana, University of Illinois Press, 1949. url p. 64.
- Modern practical farriery: a complete system of the veterinary art as at present practised at the Royal Veterinary College, London / by W.J. Miles. Including practical treatises on Cattle, their management in dairy field, and stall, by John Walker; Pasture grasses and forage plants, by Samuel P. Preston; The practice of sheep farmi London: Gresham Pub. Co., [1875?] url p. 447.
- Money in grasses. The experience of other nations from which the farmer, and especially the American farmer, may profit. With a short account of the city of Arnhem, the centre of the grass-seed industry in Europe. Arnhem (Holland)Barenbrug, Burgers & co. url , , , , , , .
- Muhlenbergia. Chico, Calif. [etc] url p. 263, p. 96, p. 98.
- Natural history of New York. Albany: D. Appleton: 1842-1894. url p. 441, p. 441.
- Nature. London, Macmillan. url p. 354.
- New illustrated encyclopedia of gardening, unabridged. Edited by T.H. Everett, with contributions from twenty horticulturists and authorities in the United States and Canada. New York, Greystone Press[1964-] url p. 63.
- North American fauna. Washington: Fish and Wildlife Service; for sale by the Supt. of Docs., U. S. Govt. Print. Off. url p. 22.
- Notes from the Royal Botanic Garden, Edinburgh. 3 1905 Edinburgh: H. M. Stationery Off. url p. 224, p. 282.
- On the popular names of British plants, being an explanation of the origin and meaning of the names of our indigenous and most commonly cultivated species. By R. C. A. Prior. London: Williams and Norgate, 1870. url p. 129, p. 222.
- Papers and proceedings of the Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land. [Hobart, Tasmania]: Royal Society of Van Diemen's Land, 1849- url p. 160.
- Pasture grasses and forage plants, and their seeds, weeds, and parasites. London, T. C. Jack, 1887. url .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent, 1911. url .
- Permanent and temporary pastures, by Martin J. Sutton. London, Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co., limited, 1911. url p. 31.
- Physiology at the farm in aid of rearing and feeding the live stock. Edinburgh and London, W. Blackwood and sons. url p. 424, p. 449.
- Phytologia memoirs. Plainfield, N.J.: H.N. Moldenke and A.L. Moldenke, 1980- url p. 83.
- Phytologia. Bronx Park, New York, H.A. Gleason and H.N. Moldenke, url , p. 21, p. 489, p. 555, p. 76.
- Plant Form OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS url p. 133, p. 322.
- Plant species of special concern and plant associations of Sheridan County, Montana / Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, 2000. url .
- Plant succession; an analysis of the development of vegetation, Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1916. url .
- Pollen / by M. Pakenham Edgeworth. London: Hardwicke & Bogue, 1877. url p. 10, p. 10.
- Practical directory for the improvement of landed property. .. and the economic cultivation of its farms. Edinburgh, 1881. url p. 197.
- Practical notes on grasses & grass growing in East Anglia. London, Jarrold, 1897. url .
- Proceedings and transactions of the British Entomological and Natural History Society. London, British Entomological and Natural History Society. url p. 83, p. 84.
- Proceedings of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. Boston: Metcalf and Co., 1846-1958 url p. 122, p. 122.
- Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington. Washington, Biological Society of Washington url p. 138.
- Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington. Washington, etc.: Entomological Society of Washington url p. 704, p. 706, p. 709.
- Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London. London, Published for the Linnean Society of London by Academic Press [etc.], 1848-1968. url p. 76.
- Pteridophyta, Gymnospermae and Monocotyledones / by O. Gelert and C.H. Ostenfeld. Copenhagen: Nordiske forlag, 1902. url p. 108.
- Range-wide status assessment of cirsium longistylum (long-styled thistle) / Helena: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c2004. url .
- Records of seed distribution and cooperative experiments with grasses and forage plants. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1902. url p. 13.
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 19.
- Report of the Michigan Academy of Science. Lansing, Mich.: The Academy, 1904-1916. url p. 202, p. 210.
- Report of the State Botanist. Albany, N.Y.: University of the State of New York, 1898-1925. url p. 12, p. 60.
- Report on the herbaceous flowering plants of Massachusetts, arranged according to the natural orders of Lindley, and illustrated chiefly by popular descriptions of their character, properties, and use Pub. agreeably to an order of the Legislature, by the commissioners on the zoological and botanical survey of the state. Cambridge, Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, Printers to the University, 1840. url p. 233.
- Report on the scientific results of the voyage of H.M.S. Challenger during the years 1873-76: under the command of Captain George S. Nares, R.N., F.R.S. and Captain Frank Turle Thomson, R.N. / prepared under the superintendence of Sir C. Wyville Thomson. Edinburgh: Neill, 1880-1895. url p. 89.
- Reports on the herbaceous plants and on the quadrupeds of Massachusetts: published agreeably to an order of the Legislature by the Commissioners on the Zoological and Botanical Survey of the State. Cambridge: Folsom, Wells, and Thurston, 1840. url p. 233.
- Resources of the southern fields and forests, medical, economical, and agricultural; Charleston, Walker, Evans & Cogswell, printers, 1869. url p. 725.
- Science and practice in farm cultivation. By James Buckman. London, R. Hardwicke, 1865. url p. 88.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 127.
- Sensitive plant survey in the Sioux District, Custer National Forest, Carter County, Montana, and Harding County, South Dakota / prepared by Bonnie L. Heidel and Keith H. Dueholm; prepared for Custer National Forest. Helena, Mont.: Montana Natural Heritage Program, c1995. url p. 9.
- Smithsonian miscellaneous collections. 94 1936 Washington: Smithsonian Institution, 1862-1968. url p. 2.
- Some grasses of the Northeast: a key to their identification by vegetative characters. Newark, Delaware: University of Delaware, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1962. url p. 19.
- Standardized plant names; a catalogue of approved scientific and common names of plants in American commerce. Salem, Mass., 1923. url p. 188, p. 40.
- Station bulletin. Durham, N.H.: Agricultural Experiment Station, University of New Hampshire, 1948- url p. 2, p. 3.
- Studies of the vegetation of Missouri. .. / By Julian A. Steyermark. 9 1941 [Chicago, 1940- url p. 489, p. 494, p. 505, p. 534, p. 552, p. 555, p. 566, p. 576, p. 586.
- Syllogeus. Ottawa, National Museum of Natural Sciences, 1972-1995. url p. 28.
- Systematics of mice of the subgenus Akodon (Rodentia, Cricetidae) in southern South America, with the description of a new species / Bruce D. Patterson, Milton H. Gallardo, Kathy E. Freas. 23 1984 Chicago: Field Museum of Natural History, 1984. url p. 15.
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications and collections with dates, commentaries and types (TL2) Utrecht: Bohn, Scheltema & Holkema, 1976-1988. url p. 301, p. 555.
- Terrestrial resources injury assessment report: upper Clark Fork River Basin / [S.l.: RCG/Hagler, Bailly, Inc.?, 1995 url .
- The American farm book or compend of American agriculture; being a practical treatise on soils, manures, draining, irrigation, grasses, grain, roots, fruits. .. by R. L. Allen N. Y.C. M. Saxon1850 url p. 103.
- The American farm book: or, Compend of American agriculture; being a practical treatise on soils, manures, draining irrigation, grasses, grain, roots, fruits, cotton, tobacco, sugar cane, rice, and every staple product of t by R.L. Allen. New York: C.M. Saxton, Barker & Co.; 1860, c1849 url p. 103.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia and dictionary of rural affairs: embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry / adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia: Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 5, p. 54, p. 571.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia: embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, and the use of mineral, vegetable and animal manures, with descriptions and figures of American insects, injurious to vegetation. Being by Gouverneur Emerson, of Pennsylvania, upon the basis of Johnson's Farmer's encyclopedia. New York: A.O. Moore, Agricultural Book Publisher, 1858, [c1857] url , p. 54, p. 571, p. 577.
- The American farmer's encyclopedia; embracing all the recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, New York, A. O. Moore, 1858. url , p. 54, p. 571.
- The American farmer. A complete agricultural library, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments and details, ed. by Charles L. Flint. Illustrated with over six hundred engravings. Hartford, Conn., R. H. Park, 1882. url p. 154, p. 220.
- The American farmer; a complete agricultural library, with useful facts for the household, devoted to farming in all its departments and details. .. / ed. by Charles L. Flint. ..; illus. with over six hundred engravings. Hartford, Conn.: R.H. Park, 1882. url p. 154, p. 224.
- The American florist: a weekly journal for the trade. Chicago: American Florist Company, [1885-1931] url p. 466, p. 604, p. 779, p. 883.
- The American gardener's calendar; adapted to the climate and seasons of the United States. By Bernard M'Mahon. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott, 1857. url p. 622.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 330, p. 346.
- The British rust fungi (Uredinales) their biology and classification, Cambridge, University Press, 1913. url , , .
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Cal.: F.A. Miller & Co., [1870- url p. 49, p. 49.
- The Canadian field-naturalist. 45 1931 Ottawa, Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club. url [fig. 1] , p. 126, p. 127, p. 14, p. 199, p. 229, p. 244, p. 288, p. 36, p. 4, p. 439, p. 459, p. 536, p. 564, p. 60, p. 665, p. 716, p. 72, p. 76, p. 90.
- The English flora. London, Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown and Green, [1828-30] url p. 93, p. 94.
- The Entomologist's record and journal of variation. s.l., s.n. url p. 137, p. 152, p. 160, p. 21, p. 247, p. 26.
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url , , p. 159, p. 167, p. 218, p. 218, p. 254, p. 290, p. 421, p. 432, p. 436, p. 8.
- The Farmers' register. Richmond, Va.: Edmund Ruffin, 1833-1843. url p. 662.
- The Floral world and garden guide. London, Groombridge and Sons, 1858-1880. url p. 119, p. 93.
- The Florists' exchange: a weekly medium of interchange for florists, nurserymen, seedsmen and the trade in general. New York, N.Y.: [A.T. De la Mare Ptg. and Pub. Co., url p. 1065, p. 1066, p. 251, p. 492, p. 492, p. 510, p. 532, p. 601, p. 765, p. 979.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url p. 120, p. 395, p. 88.
- The Gardener's monthly and horticulturist. Philadelphia, Pa.: Charles H. Marot, 1876-1888. url p. 261.
- The Gardeners' chronicle and agricultural gazette. London: published for the proprietors, 1844-1873. url , , , , p. 115, p. 1249, p. 131, p. 168, p. 1680, p. 238, p. 279, p. 28, p. 283, p. 288, p. 337, p. 355, p. 376, p. 379, p. 499, p. 61, p. 614, p. 615, p. 62, p. 712.
- The Gardeners' chronicle. 1843 London: published for the proprietors, 1841-1843. url p. 170.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 16, p. 198, p. 217, p. 270, p. 352, p. 355, p. 472, p. 495, p. 656, p. 691, p. 717, p. 80, p. 805, p. 89.
- The Great Basin naturalist. 52 1992 Provo, Utah: M.L. Bean Life Science Museum, Brigham Young University, 1939-1999. url p. 107, p. 114, p. 214, p. 28, p. 4, p. 643, p. 81.
- The Horticulturist and journal of rural art and rural taste. Albany, N.Y.: Luther Tucker, 1846-1875. url p. 265.
- The Journal of agricultural science. Cambridge [Eng.]The University Press. url p. 35.
- The Journal of horticulture, cottage gardener and country gentlemen. London: George W. Johnson and Robert Hogg, 1861-1877. url p. 166, p. 166, p. 215, p. 215, p. 63.
- The Journal of the Department of Agriculture, Victoria. [Melbourne]:Dept. of Agriculture, Victoria, 1902-1955. url p. 538.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 39 1909-11 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 333, p. 342, p. 713.
- The Natural history of Juan Fernandez and Easter Island / edited by Carl Skottsberg. Uppsala: Almqvist & Wiksells Boktryckeri, 1920-1956. url , p. 941.
- The Naturalist. 1894 [Doncaster: Yorkshire Naturalists' Union], 1874- url p. 102.
- The New England farmer. Boston, Mass.: J. Nourse, 1848-1871. url p. 339.
- The Phytologist: a popular botanical miscellany. London, John van Voorst, 1844-56. url p. 507.
- The Plant world. Baltimore [etc.]Plant World Association [etc.] url p. 173.
- The Plough, the loom, and the anvil. [Philadelphia: J.S. Skinner & Son], 1848-1857. url .
- The Scottish naturalist. Perth [etc.]: Cowan & Co. [etc.], url p. 31, p. 353.
- The Thesis [i.e. Tsesis] oil spill: report of the first year scientific study (October 26, 1977 to December 1978): a cooperative international investigation / by Askö Laboratory, University of Stockholm [and] Swedish Water and Air Pollution Research Institute [and] U.S. Department of Commerce, Office of Marine Pollution Assessment, National Oceanic and Atmo Boulder, Colo.: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Outer Continental Environmental Assessment Program,  url p. 170.
- The Victoria history of the county of Gloucester / edited by William Page. London: Constable, 1907- url p. 243.
- The Victorian naturalist. [Melbourne]Field Naturalists Club of Victoria. url p. 190.
- The agricultural grasses and forage plants of the United States; and such foreign kinds as have been introduced. By Dr. Geo. Vasey; with an appendix on the chemical composition of grasses, by Clifford Richardson. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1889. url p. 111, p. 46, p. 46.
- The agriculturist's manual: being a familiar description of the agricultural plants cultivated in Europe: including practical observations respecting those suited to the climate of Great Britain and forming a report of Lawson's by Peter Lawson & Son. Edinburgh: William Blackwood and Sons, Edinburgh: Thomas Cadell, 141 Strand, London; and W. Curry Jun. & Co., Dublin, 1836. url p. 203, p. 209, p. 210.
- The book of nature study, ed. by J. Bretland Farmer. .. assisted by a staff of specialists. Fully illustrated. London, Caxton publishing company[1908?]-1909. url p. 114.
- The classes and orders of the Linnaean system of botany: Illustrated by select specimens of foreign and indigenous plants. London: Printed by T. Bensley for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1816. url , p. 43.
- The code of agriculture; including observations on gardens, orchards, woods and plantations; with an account of all recent improvements in the management of arable and grass land. By John Sinclair. London, Sherwood, Gilbert & Piper, 1832. url p. 175, p. 94, p. 96, p. 97.
- The continental element in the flora of south Sweden by Rikard Sterner. Stockholm: Centraltryckeriet, 1922. url p. 436.
- The dairyman's manual: a practical treatise on the dairy, including the selection of the farm / by Henry Stewart. New York: Orange Judd, 1888. url p. 69, p. 73.
- The dairyman's manual; a practical treatise on the dairy, by Henry Stewart. New York, Orange Judd, 1888. url p. 69, p. 69, p. 73, p. 73.
- The diseases of crops and their remedies: a handbook of economic biology for farmers and students. London: G. Bell, 1890. url , .
- The farmer's and planter's encyclopaedia of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry, suited to the comprehension of unscientific readers. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. With extensive additions adapting the work to the United States. .. By Gouverneur Emerson. .. Philadelphia, J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1868. url p. 54.
- The farmer's dictionary: a vocabulary of the technical terms recently introduced into agriculture and horticulture from various sciences, and also a compendium of practical farming, the latter chiefly from the works of the Re edited by D. P. Gardner. New York: Harper, 1846. url p. 284, p. 343.
- The farmer's encyclopædia, and dictionary of rural affairs; embracing all the most recent discoveries in agricultural chemistry. Adapted to the comprehension of unscientific readers. .. By Cuthbert W. Johnson. .. Adapted to the United States by Gouverneur Emerson. Philadelphia, Carey and Hart, 1844. url p. 53, p. 54.
- The flora of Berkshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with short biographical notices of the botanists who have contributed to Berkshire botany during the Oxford, Clarendon Press, 1897. url p. 561.
- The flora of British India /By J. D. Hooker assisted by various botanists. Published under the authority of the secretary of state for India in council. 7 1897 London: L. Reeve, 1875-97. url p. 254, p. 254.
- The flora of British India. London, L. Reeve & Co., 1875-97. url .
- The flora of Oxfordshire; being a topographical and historical account of the flowering plants and ferns found in the county, with sketches of the progress of Oxfordshire botany during the last three centuries, and London, Parker and Co., 1886. url .
- The forage and fiber crops in America, by Thomas F. Hunt. New York, Orange Judd company; [etc., etc.]1907. url p. 67.
- The genera of North American plants: and a catalogue of the species, to the year 1817 / by Thomas Nuttall. Philadelphia: Printed for the Author by D. Heartt, 1818. url p. 42.
- The genera of grasses of the United States: with special reference to the economic species / by A.S. Hitchcock. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, 1920. url p. 125, p. 127, p. 129.
- The grasses and grass-like plants of New Mexico / E.O. Wooton and Paul C. Standley. Agricultural College, N.M.: New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, Agricultural Experiment Station, 1912. url p. 85, p. 86.
- The grasses and grasslands of South Africa, Pietermaritzburg, P. David & Sons, Ltd., Printers, 1918. url .
- The grasses of Great Britain, London, R. Hardwicke url .
- The grasses of Hawaii, by A. S. Hitchcock. Honolulu, Hawaii, Bishop Museum Press, 1922. url p. 125, p. 126, p. 53.
- The grasses of Iowa / L. H. Pammel, J. B. Weems, and F. Lamson-Schribner. Des Moines: Iowa Geological Survey, 1901-1904  i.e. 1905] url p. 360, p. 89, p. 90, p. 91.
- The grasses of Scotland. Edinburgh [etc.]W. Blackwood and Sons, 1842. url .
- The journal of the College of Agriculture, Tohoku Imperial University, Sapporo, Japan = Tohoku Teikoku Daigaku Noka Daigaku kiyo. Sapporo, Japan: The University, 1908-1917. url p. 212.
- The natural history of British meadow and pasture grasses, with an account of their economy and agricultural indication. London, Hamilton, Adams, 1858. url , .
- The natural history of plants, their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution; Dublin, Blackie & son, limited, 1902. url , .
- The natural history of plants; their forms, growth, reproduction, and distribution. From the German of Anton Kerner von Marilaun, by F.W. Oliver, with the assistance of Marian Busk and Mary F. Ewart. with about 2000 original woodcut illustrations and sixteen plates in colours. London, Blackie, 1896-1897. url p. 513, p. 926.
- The phanerogams of the Juan Fernandez Islands. url .
- The plant, a biography in a series of popular lectures / by M.J. Schleiden; translated by Arthur Henfrey. London: H. Bailliere, 1848. url p. 291.
- The plants of Prince Edward Island / Ottawa: Research Branch, Agriculture Canada, 1985. url p. 14.
- The seeding and preservation of golf links, New York, J. M. Thorburn & co.[c1908] url p. 6.
- The standard cyclopedia of horticulture; a discussion, for the amateur, and the professional and commercial grower, of the kinds, characteristics and methods of cultivation of the species of plants grown in the regions of the United States a Illustrated with colored plates, four thousand engravings in the text, and ninety-six full-page cuts. New York, Macmillan, 1919 [c1914] url p. 1239.
- The student's flora of the British Islands / by J.D. Hooker. London: Macmillan, 1884. url p. 478.
- Torreya. Burlington, Vt., Torrey Botanical Club, 1901-1945. url p. 191, p. 64.
- Tracts relative to botany, tr. from different languages. Illustrated by nine copper plates, and occasional remarks. London, Printed by Phillips and Fardon [etc.]1805. url p. 272, p. 40.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 161.
- Transactions of the Edinburgh Field Naturalists' and Microscopical Society. [Edinburgh]: The Club, 1891- url p. 7.
- Transactions of the Highland and Agricultural Society of Scotland. Edinburgh: [The Society], 1845- url p. 111, p. 295.
- Transactions of the Linnean Society of London, 2nd series: Botany 5 1896 London. url p. 220, p. 344.
- Transactions of the Natural History Society of Northumberland, Durham, and Newcastle upon Tyne. Newcastle: T. & J. Hodgson; 1831-1838. url p. 5.
- Vegetable substances: materials of manufactures / [published under the superintendence of the Society of the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge]. London: C. Knight, 1833. url p. 164.
- Vegetation and flora of the Line Creek Plateau area, Carbon County, Montana / prepared by Peter Lesica and the Montana Natural Heritage Program; prepared for USDA Forest Service, Intermountain Research Station. Helena, MT: Montana Natural Heritage Program,  url p. 23.
- Weeds of farm land, by Winifred E. Brenchley. New York, Longmans, Green and co., 1920. url p. 151, p. 206, p. 229.
- Weeds of farm land. London, Longmans, 1920. url p. 151, p. 206, p. 229.
- Withering, W. A systematic arrangement of British plants: with an easy introduction to the study of botany. 2 1801 London: Printed for T. Cadell, jun [etc.], 1801. url p. 132.
- Works on forestry [by] J.C. Brown. Edinburgh, Oliver and Boyd; [etc., etc.]1883-87. url p. 190.
- Yearbook of the United States Department of Agriculture. Washington: G.P.O., 1895-1923. url p. 328.
- Zoologist. London.1843-1916 url p. 7536.
- "Agrostis stolonifera". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 340, 342, 343, 348. Published by Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org.
- Bisby, F.A., Y.R. Roskov, M.A. Ruggiero, T.M. Orrell, L.E. Paglinawan, P.W. Brewer, N. Bailly, J. van Hertum, eds (2007). Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2007 Annual Checklist. Species 2000: Reading, U.K.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-2007. Systema Naturae 2000. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Accessed March 28, 2007.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility. Accessed December 10, 2007. http://www.gbif.org Mediated distribution data from 2 providers.
- Ruggiero M., Gordon D., Bailly N., Kirk P., Nicolson D. (2011). The Catalogue of Life Taxonomic Classification, Edition 2, Part A. In: Species 2000 & ITIS Catalogue of Life: 2011 Annual Checklist (Bisby F.A., Roskov Y.R., Orrell T.M., Nicolson D., Paglinawan L.E., Bailly N., Kirk P.M., Bourgoin T., Baillargeon G., Ouvrard D., eds). DVD; Species 2000: Reading, UK.
- The International Plant Names Index. Accessed Dec 27, 2011.
- USDA, ARS, National Genetic Resources Program. Germplasm Resources Information Network - (GRIN) [Online Database]. National Germplasm Resources Laboratory, Beltsville, Maryland. URL (April 25, 2008)
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal November 12, 2007:
- European Environment Agency, EUNIS
- GBIF-Spain, Real Jardin Botanico
- , Vascular Plant Herbarium
- GBIF-Spain, Universidad de Oviedo. Departamento de Biología de Organismos y Sistemas: FCO
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 2660736
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ITS-530996
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 5341511
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:919652-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 400060
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 40400
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 97033-3
- MoBot NameID: 25503111
- Natural Heritage Network Species Identifier: PMPOA04140
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: AGSTP
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 20279
- Sheng-lian Lu & Sylvia M. Phillips "Agrostis". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 317, 340, 348, 349, 351, 353, 358, 359, 361. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- "Agrostis stolonifera". in Flora of China Vol. 22 Page 340, 342, 343, 348. Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 199.850 meters (655.676 feet), Standard Deviation = 297.950 based on 20,000 observations. Altitude information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]