Click on the language to view common names.
Common Names in English:
Black Cutch, Black Catechu, Catechu, Cutch Tree, Cutchtree, Khair
Common Names in Latin:
Common Names in Thai:
Common Names in Urdu:
Mostly trees or shrubs . Leaves mostly bipinnate. Corolla usually not showy, actinomorphic , sympetalous , the lobes valvate . Stamens 10-numerous, often monadelphous , showy. Pollen released in monads , tetrads , or polyads . Seeds with u-shaped line (pleurogram) present. [Carr]
, rarely herbs, often prickly or spinose
. Leaves bipinnate; leaflets
small and numerous
or leaves reduced to phyllodes; petiolar
often present; stipules generally spinescent
. Inflorescence cylindric
spike or globose
; peduncle solitary axillary
or fasciculate or paniculate
at the end of branches; bracts often two, scale like, situated on the peduncle at various levels. Flowers small, 3-5-merous, bisexual
polygamous. Calyx campanulate
. Petals usually more or less united
, rarely absent. Stamens indefinite, free
or shortly and irregularly connate
at the base
. Ovary sessile or stipitate
, with 2 or more ovules. Fruit ovate
, straight, arcuate
or contorted, membranous to woody, rarely articulated or moniliform
. Seed large, with a filiform
A genus with about 900 species; distributed mainly in tropics and subtropics, especially in Africa and Australia.
Habit: Tree • Climbing: Not Climbing
Flowers: Bloom Period: April, May, June, July, August, September. • Flower Color: cream, pale yellow, tan
Size: 8-10' tall.
Typically found in water with a depth of 0 to -3 meters (0 to -10 feet).
Biome: Marine .
Soil: Minimum pH: 6.1 • Maximum pH: 8.5
Sunlight: Sun Exposure: Full Sun .
Moisture: Drought Tolerance: High
Temperature: Cold Hardiness: 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b, 11. (map)
- Whittaker & Margulis,1978
- Haeckel, 1866
- Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998
- Vascular Plants
- Brongniart, 1843
- Takhtajan, 1967
- Superorder: Rosanae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Subclass: Rosidae () - Takhtajan, 1967
- Class: Spermatopsida () - Brongniart, 1843
- Subphylum: Euphyllophytina ()
- Phylum: Tracheophyta () - Sinnott, 1935 ex Cavalier-Smith, 1998 - Vascular Plants
- Subkingdom: Viridaeplantae () - Cavalier-Smith, 1981
- Kingdom: Plantae () - Haeckel, 1866 - Plants
Acacia catechu sensu Griseb. • Acacia catechu var. catechuoides (Roxb.)prain • Acacia catechuoides (Roxb.)benth. • Acacia sundra (Roxb.)bedd. • Acacia wallichiana Dc. • Mimosa catechu L. F. • Mimosa catechuoides Roxb.
Members of the genus Acacia
ZipcodeZoo has pages for 497 species, subspecies, varieties, forms, and cultivars in this genus. Here are just 100 of them:
A. abyssinica (Nyanga Flat-Top) · A. acanthoclada (Harrow Wattle) · A. acanthoclada var. glaucescens (Harrow Wattle) · A. acinacea (Gold Dust Wattle) · A. aculeaticarpa (Catclaw Mimosa) · A. aculeatissima (Thin-Leaf Wattle) · A. acuminata (Raspberry Jam) · A. acuminata acuminata (Raspberry Jam) · A. adunca (Wallangarra Wattle) · A. alata (Winged Wattle) · A. albicorticata (Aromo) · A. albizioides (Climbing Wattle) · A. alpina (Alpine Wattle) · A. amblygona (Fan Wattle) · A. amoena (Boomerang Wattle) · A. ampliceps (Acacia) · A. ancistrophylla var. lissophylla (Dwarf Myall) · A. anegadensis (Blackbrush Wattle) · A. aneura (Mulga) · A. angustissima (Carboncillo) · A. angustissima var. angustissima (Prairie Acacia) · A. angustissima var. chisosiana (Carboncillo) · A. angustissima var. hirta (Prairie Acacia) · A. angustissima var. shrevei (Carboncillo) · A. angustissima var. suffrutescens (Carboncillo) · A. angustissima var. texensis (Carboncillo) · A. anomala (Chittering Grass Wattle) · A. anthochaera (Kimberly's Wattle) · A. aphylla (Leafless Rock Wattle) · A. applanata (Grass Wattle) · A. araneosa (Balcanoona Wattle) · A. argutifolia (East Barrens Wattle) · A. argyrodendron (Blackwood) · A. argyrophylla (Silver Mulga) · A. aroma (Aromita) · A. aroma var. huarango (Aromita) · A. aspera (Rough Wattle) · A. atramentaria (Brea) · A. aulacocarpa (New Guinea Wattle) · A. auricoma (Nyalpilintji Wattle) · A. auriculiformis (Auri) · A. auripila (Rudall River Myall) · A. ausfeldii (Whipstick Cinnamon Wattle) · A. baeuerlenii (Wattle Shrub) · A. baileyana (Bailey Acacia) · A. baileyana 'Purpurea' (Baileys Purple Acacia) · A. bakeri (Baker's Wattle) · A. balsamea (Balsam Wattle) · A. barakulensis (Waaje Wattle) · A. barattensis (Baratta Wattle) · A. barringtonensis (Barrington Wattle) · A. basedowii (Basedow's Wattle) · A. baueri (Tiny Wattle) · A. baxteri (Baxter's Wattle) · A. beckleri (Barrier Range Wattle) · A. berlandieri (Berlandier Acacia) · A. betchei (Red-Tip Wattle) · A. bidwillii (Corkwood Wattle) · A. biflora (Two-Flowered Acacia) · A. binervata (Two-Veined Hickory) · A. binervia (Coast Myall) · A. bivenosa (Two Nerved Wattle) · A. blaxellii (Blaxell's Wattle) · A. boormanii (Snowy River Wattle) · A. borleae (Sticky Acacia) · A. brachybotrya (Grey Mulga) · A. brevispica dregeana (Prickly Thorn) · A. browniana (Brown's Wattle) · A. brownii (Heath Wattle) · A. brunioides (Brown Wattle) · A. burbidgeae (Burbidge's Wattle) · A. burrowii (Burrow's Wattle) · A. buxifolia (Box-Leaved Wattle) · A. buxifolia buxifolia (Box-Leaved Wattle) · A. buxifolia pubiflora (Box-Leaved Wattle) · A. bynoeana (Bynoe's Wattle) · A. caerulescens (Buchan Blue Wattle) · A. caesiella (Blue Bush) · A. caffra (Cat Thorn) · A. calamifolia (Wallowa) · A. calcicola (Northern Myall) · A. cambagei (Stinking Wattle) · A. cana (Broad-Leaved Nealie) · A. cardiophylla (West Wyalong Wattle) · A. carneorum (Purple-Wood Wattle) · A. catechu (Black Cutch) · A. catechu var. oligosperma (Black Catechu) · A. catechu var. sundra (Cutch Tree) · A. caven (Aromita) · A. caven var. caven (Roman-Cassie) · A. celastrifolia (Celastrus-Leaved Acacia) · A. centralis (Guache) · A. chalkeri (Chalker's Wattle) · A. cheelii (Motherumbah) · A. chinchillensis (Chinchilla Wattle) · A. chippendalei (Chippendale's Wattle) · A. chisholmii (Chisholm's Wattle) · A. choriophylla (Cinnecord) · A. chundra (Red Cutch) · A. citrinoviridis (River Jam)
- Search for Pictures: images.google.com
- Search for Scholarly Articles: Google Scholar
- Search using Scientific Name and Vernacular Names: All the Web | AltaVista Canada | AltaVista | Excite | Google | HotBot | Lycos
- Search using Specialized Databases: GenBank | Medline | Scirus | CISTI/CAL | Agricola Periodicals | Agricola Books
- A bibliography of the botany of British India and Ceylon. Bombay, Times Press, 1911 url .
- A compend of veterinary materia medica and therapeutics. New York, W. R. Jenkins[c1896] url .
- A dictionary of the flowering plants and ferns, by J. C. Willis. CambridgeThe University Press, 1919 url p. 8.
- A handbook of systematic botany / by Dr. E. Warming with a revision of the fungi by Dr. E. Knoblauch, tr. and ed. by M. C. Potter. New York: Macmillan & Co., 1895. url p. 475.
- A handbook of systematic botany; with a revision of the fungi, by E. Knoblauch; tr. and ed. by M.C. Potter. London, Swan url p. 475.
- A manual of dangerous insects likely to be introduced in the United States through importations. Ed. by W. Dwight Pierce, entomologist, southern field crop insect investigations. Washington: Govt. print. off., 1918. url p. 10, p. 211, p. 9.
- A manual of gardening for western and southern India, by R. Riddell. Ed. and rev. by Lieutenant-colonel Boddam. Madras: Higginbotham and co., 1884. url p. 97.
- A manual of poisonous plants, chiefly of eastern North America, with brief notes on economic and medicinal plants, and numerous illustrations, Cedar Rapids, Ia., The Torch Press, 1911. url .
- A manual of scientific terms, pronouncing, etymological, and explanatory, chiefly comprising terms in botany, natural history, anatomy, medicine, and veterinary science, with an appendix of specific names. Designed for the use of by Rev. James Stormonth Edinburgh, Maclachlan and Stewart, 1885 url p. 71.
- A supplement to the Pharmacopia, and treatise on pharmacology in general: including not only the drugs and preparations used by practitioners of medicine, but also most of those employed in the chemical arts: together with a collection of the most useful medical formulæ. . by Samuel Frederic Gray. London: Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, Green, and Longman, 1836. url p. 161.
- A text-book of botany, by Dr. Eduard Strasburger. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck, Ludwig Jost [and] Dr. George Karsten. LondonMacmillan1912 url p. 618.
- Afforestation in the United Provinces, India. By E. Benskin. Allahabad, Printed by the superintendent, government press, United Provinces, 1922. url p. 22.
- American forestry. Washington, D.C.: American Forestry Association, 1910-1923. url p. 182, p. 420, p. 652.
- American forests. Washington [etc.]American Forestry Association [etc.] url p. 182, p. 420, p. 652.
- An analytical compendium of the various branches of medical science, for the use and examination of students, by John Neill and Francis Gurney Smith. Philadelphia, Lea and Blanchard, 1848. url p. 59.
- An economic study of acacias. By Charles Howard Shinn. .. [Washington, Govt. print. off.]1913. url p. 29, p. 32.
- An elementary course of botany: structural, physiological, and systematic / by Arthur Henfrey. London: John Van Voorst, 1878. url p. 583.
- An elementary manual of zoology, designed for the use of forest officers in India. Prepared for the Forest Department of India. Calcutta, Office of the Supt., Govt. Print. India, 1893. url .
- An illustrated dictionary of medicine, biology and allied sciences. .. by George M. Gould. 5th ed., with additions and corrections. PhiladelphiaP. Blakiston's Son1907 url p. 22, p. 25, p. 271, p. 346.
- An illustrated dictionary of scientific terms. New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, pref. 1878. url p. 70.
- An introduction to the chemistry of plant products by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green, 1928-1929. url p. 188, p. 295, p. 333.
- An introduction to the structure and reproduction of plants, London, G. Bell and sons ltd., 1920. url , .
- An introduction to the study of biological chemistry, by S. B. Schryver. London, T. C. & E. C. Jack, ltd. url p. 156.
- Annual report of the Secretary of the State Board of Agriculture of the State of Michigan. .. Lansing: The Board, 1862- url p. 265.
- Bengal plants: a list of the phanerogams, ferns and fern-allies indigenous to, or commonly cultivated in, the Lower provinces and Chittagong, with definitions of the natural orders and genera, and keys to the genera and species. 1 1903 Calcutta: Botanical Survey of India1903. url p. 458.
- Birds. By Eugene W. Oates. London: Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.], 1889-98. url p. 48.
- Birds. London, Taylor and Francis, 1889-1898. url .
- Botanic drugs, their materia medica, pharmacology, and therapeutics, by Thomas S. Blair. Cincinnati, O.: The Therapeutic digest publishing co., 1917. url p. 66.
- Botanical abstracts. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins Co. url p. 28, p. 298.
- Botanical guide through the Phipps conservatories in Pittsburg and Allegheny. Pittsburg, Pa.[Printed by Foster, Dick & co., 1894] url p. 132.
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden record. 18 1929 [Brooklyn]: Brooklyn Botanic Garden, 1912-44. url p. 13.
- Bulletin - United States National Museum. Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.];1877-1971. url p. 155, p. 40, p. 41.
- Bulletin of the British Museum (Natural History). London: BM(NH) url p. 168.
- Bulletin of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. [Washington, D.C.?]: Supt. of Docs., G.P.O., 1913-1923. url p. 29, p. 30.
- Bulletin. Bureau of Plant Industry. U. S. Department of Agriculture. 1901-13. WashingtonGovt. Print. Off. url p. 43.
- Bulletin. Manila, Bureau of printing, 1903- url p. 116, p. 129.
- Burma, its people and productions; or, Notes on the fauna, flora, and minerals of Tenasserim, Pegu, and Burma. Hertford: S. Austin, 1882-1883. url p. 10, p. 13, p. 491, p. 700.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication. Washington, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1902- url p. 16.
- Catalogue of economic plants in the collection of the U. S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, Govt. Print. Off., 1891. url .
- Catalogue of the collections in the museum of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain compiled by E.M. Holmes. London, The Society, 1878. url p. 39.
- Catalogue of the library of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University / compiled under the direction of Charles Sprague Sargent by Ethelyn Maria Tucker. Cambridge: Printed at the Cosmos Press, 1914-1933. url p. 258.
- Catalogue of the photographic collection at the Forest research institute, Dehra Dun, India. (Up to date 1st November 1911). Calcutta, Supt. govt. printing, India, 1912. url , , , , .
- Chinese materia medica. extensively revised from F. Porter Smith's work by G. A. Stuart. Shanghai?: Presbyterian Mission Press?, 1911? url p. 2, p. 3, p. 450, p. 451, p. 46, p. 537.
- Chronological history of plants: man's record of his own existence illustrated through their names, uses, and companionship. Boston, Little, Brown & company, 1879. url .
- Coleoptera. Rhynchophora:-Curculionidæ, / by Guy A. K. Marshall. London, Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.]1916. url p. 311.
- Coloring matters for foodstuffs and methods for their detection. . .. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1905 url p. 9.
- Contributions from the United States National Herbarium 45 2003 Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 1890- url p. 26, p. 27, p. 28, p. 29, p. 299, p. 406, p. 432, p. 437, p. 448, p. 464, p. 489.
- Dictionary of arts, manufactures, and mines containing a clear exposition of their principles and practice by Robert Hunt, assisted by F.W. Rudler. London, Longmans, 1875-78. url p. 207, p. 4, p. 82.
- Directory of Wetlands of International Importance. IUCN url p. 441.
- Economic plants. An index to economic products of the vegetable kingdom in Jamaica. Comp. by William Fawcett. .. Jamaica, Govt. Print. Establishment, 1891. url .
- Edinburgh encyclopaedia, conducted by David Brewster. .. with the assistance of gentlemen eminent in science and literature. Edinburgh, Blackwood, 1830. url p. 632.
- English cyclopaedia, a new dictionary of universal knowledge, conducted by Charles Knight. London, Bradbury, 1854-61. url , .
- Exotic microlepidoptera, v. 1-5, Mar. 1912-Sept. 1936. Hampton (Middx.), E. W. Classey Ltd., 1969. url p. 392, p. 515, p. 98.
- Flora Malesiana. general editor, C.G.G.J. van Steenis. Djakarta: Noordhoff-Kolff, 1950- url p. 206.
- Flora of the Presidency of Madras / by J.S. Gamble. London: West, Newman and Adlard, 1915- url p. 427.
- Forest products, their manufacture and use: embracing the principal commercial features in the production, manufacture, and utilization of the most important forest products other than lumber, in the United States / New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1919. url , , .
- Garden and forest; a journal of horticulture, landscape art and forestry. New York: The Garden and forest publishing co., 1888-97. url p. 359, p. 419.
- Geological magazine. London [etc.]Cambridge University Press. url p. 231.
- Gold Coast. Report on forests. LondonPrinted for H.M. Stationery Off. by Darling1910 url p. 8, p. 9.
- Great Basin naturalist memoirs. 1992 [Provo, Utah]Brigham Young University, 1976-1992. url p. 1182, p. 1242, p. 906.
- History of the vegetable drugs of the Pharmacopeia of the United States / Cincinnati, O.: J. U. & C. G. Lloyd, 1911. url p. 38.
- Ibis. [London]Published for the British Ornithologists' Union by Academic Press. url p. 11, p. 2.
- Indian Museum notes. Calcutta: [Indian Museum]: 1889-1903. url , , p. 106, p. 175, p. 175, p. 3, p. 47.
- Indian forest insects of economic importance. Coleoptera. LondonEyre & Spottiswoode1914 url p. 149, p. 150, p. 153, p. 159, p. 167, p. 173, p. 174, p. 291, p. 292, p. 4, p. 403, p. 404, p. 405, p. 637, p. 91.
- Indian insect life: a manual of the insects of the plains (tropical India) / H. Maxwell-Lefroy, assisted by F. M. Howlett. (Pub. under the authority of the government of India). 1909 Calcutta; Thacker, Spink & Co., W. Thacker & Co., 2 Creed Lane, London, 1909. url fig. 196, p. 317.
- Indian pigeons and doves / London: Witherby & Co., 1913. url .
- Indian pigeons and doves / by E.C. Stuart Baker..., author of "Indian Ducks and their Allies"; with twenty-seven coloured plates from drawings by H. Gro?nvold and G.E. Lodge. London: Witherby & Co., 1913. url p. 212.
- Indian pigeons and doves. By E.C. Stuart Baker. .. With twenty-seven coloured plates from drawings by H. Grönvold and G.E. Lodge. 1913 London, Witherby & Co., 1913. url p. 212.
- Injurious insects of Indian forests / by E.P. Stebbing. Calcutta: Office of Superintendent of Government Printing, India, 1899. url p. 42, p. 47, p. 73.
- International catalogue of scientific literature. LondonPublished for the International Council by the Royal Society of London1901-1920 url p. 910, p. 911.
- International review of the science and practice of agriculture. Rome: International Institute of Agriculture, Bureau of Agricultural Intelligence and Plant Diseases, 1916-1926. url p. 1154, p. 1458.
- Introduction to the chemistry of plant products, by Paul Haas and T. G. Hill. London, Longmans, Green and co., 1913. url p. 123, p. 214, p. 240.
- Inventory of seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bureau of Plant Industry. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1914-1924. url p. 101, p. 17, p. 41, p. 49, p. 53, p. 54, p. 91, p. 99.
- J.M. Nickell's botanical ready reference: especially designed for druggists and physicians: containing all of the botanical drugs known up to the present time, giving their medical properties, and all of their botanical, common, pharmacopoea compiled by J. M. Nickell. Chicago: Murray & Nickell Mfg. Co., 1911. url p. 8.
- Journal and proceedings of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. 18 1922 Calcutta, Asiatic Society of Bengal. url p. 119, p. 95, p. 96, p. 97, p. 98.
- Journal of forestry. Washington: Society of American Foresters, 1917- url p. 850.
- Journal of the New York Botanical Garden. 20 1919 Lancaster, Pa.: Published for the Garden by the New Era Printing Co., 1900- url p. 243, p. 72.
- Knowledge. v. 1-40; Nov. 1881-Dec. 1917. LondonWyman [etc.] url p. 285.
- Lessons in Elementary Botany, the part of Systematic Botany based upon material left in manuscript by the late Prof. Henslow. London, MacMillan, 1888. url p. 150.
- Logging and lumbering; or, Forest utilization; a textbook for forest schools. [Darmstadt (Ger.)Printed by L.C. Wittich][1912?] url p. 162.
- Medicinal plants. Being descriptions with original figures of the principal plants employed in medicine and an account of the characters, properties, and uses of their parts and products of medicinal value. By Robert Bentley and Henry Trimen. Plates by David Blair. In four volumes. London, J. & A. Churchill, 1880. url , , , , .
- Memoirs of the Geological Survey of India. Calcutta: Pub. by order of the Governor-General of India, 1859-19. url p. 327.
- Minor products of Philippine forests. Manila, Bureau of Printing, 1920-1921. url p. 122, p. 427.
- Monograph of the Coccidæ of the British Isles. By Robert Newstead. London, Printed for the Ray society, 1901-03. url p. 261, p. 88.
- Nature Reserves of the Himalaya and the Mountains of Central Asia IUCN url p. 167, p. 215, p. 272, p. 341, p. 358, p. 372, p. 461, p. 66, p. 70.
- Nature. London, etc., Macmillan Journals Ltd., etc. url p. 134, p. 239, p. 374, p. 433, p. 547.
- Notes on the habits of some hymenopterous insects from the north-west provinces of India / London: Zoological Society of London, 1870 url .
- On the flora of Cutch / by E. Blatter. [Bombay: Bombay Natural History Society], 1908-1909. url p. 29.
- Origin and history of all the pharmacopeial vegetable drugs, chemicals and preparations with bibliography... Prepared under the auspices of and pub. by the American drug manufacturers' association, Washington, D.C. Cincinnati: The Caxton press, [c1921] url p. 142.
- Pamphlets on forestry in California. [1900?- url p. 56.
- Pamphlets on silviculture. [1899- url , p. 272, p. 272, p. 794.
- Plant analysis: qualitative and quantitative. New York, G. E. Stechert, 1909. url .
- Plant indicators: the relation of plant communities to process and practice. WashingtonCarnegie Institution of Washington1920 url p. 16.
- Practical forest management: a handbook with special reference to the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh / compiled in the Working plans branch by C.G. Trevor and E.A. Smythies. AllahabadGovt. Press1923 url p. 29.
- Practical organic and bio-chemistry, by R. H. A. Plimmer. London, New York, Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, Longmans, Green & co., 1918. url p. 261.
- Preliminary report on the forest and other vegetation of Pegu. CalcuttaC.B. Lewis, Baptist Mission Press1875 url p. 18, p. 42, p. 48, p. 63.
- Preservation of fish nets. Washington, Govt. print. off., 1921. url p. 12.
- Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society held at Philadelphia for promoting useful knowledge. Philadelphia: American Philosophical Society url p. 539, p. 539, p. 87, p. 87.
- Proceedings of the United States National Museum. 8 1885 Washington: Smithsonian Institution Press, [etc.] url p. 648, p. 739.
- Proceedings. Toronto. url p. 30.
- Products of the empire, by J. Clinton Cummingham. Oxford, The Clarendon Press, 1921. url p. 257.
- Report of the Board of Commissioners of Agriculture and Forestry of the Territory of Hawaii for the period. .. Honolulu. url p. 32, p. 37.
- Report of the Commissioner of Agriculture. .. Washington: G.P.O., 1863-1889. url p. 14.
- Report of the United States Commissioner of Fisheries for the fiscal year. .. with appendixes Washington: G.P.O., 1914- url p. 12.
- Report of the proceedings of the. .. Entomological meeting Calcutta;Superintendent government printing, India, 1917-24. url p. 789, p. 791.
- Report on the forests of British East Africa. LondonPrinted for His Majesty's Stationery Off. by Darling1909 url p. 105, p. 9.
- Science progress. London: John Murray, 1916- url p. 220.
- Seeds and plants imported / U.S. Department of Agriculture. Washington, D.C.: G.P.O., 1903-1913. url p. 30, p. 43.
- Select extra-tropical plants readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. Calcutta, Off. of the Superintendent of Government Printing, 1880. url , .
- Select extra-tropical plants, readily eligible for industrial culture or naturalisation, with indications of their native countries and some of their uses. By Baron Ferd. von Mueller. .. Sydney, T. Richards, government printer, 1881. url p. 385, p. 7.
- Sino-Iranica; Chinese contributions to the history of civilization in ancient Iran, with special reference to the history of cultivated plants and products / by Berthold Laufer -- Chicago, 1919. url p. 481, p. 481, p. 617, p. 617.
- Some south Indian insects and other animals of importance considered especially from an economic point of view / by T. Bainbrigge Fletcher. Madras, Printed by the superintendent, government press, 1914. url p. 322.
- South African journal of science. [Marshalltown, Transvaal: South African Association for the Advancement of Science, url p. 191.
- Strasburger's Text-book of botany. Rewritten by Dr. Hans Fitting. .. Dr. Ludwig Jost. .. Dr. Heinrich Schenck. .. Dr. George Karsten. London, Macmillan, 1921. url p. 665, p. 667, p. 774.
- Stray feathers. Journal of ornithology for India and its dependencies. Calcutta: s.n., 1872-1899. url p. 71.
- Structural and systematic botany: being an arrangement of plants, forming a basis for the study of botany, either on the Linnaean or natural systems. London, C. Griffin[pref. 1855] url p. 193.
- Textbook of theoretical botany, by R. C. McLean and W. R. Ivimey-Cook. London, Longmans, Green[1951- url p. 1661.
- The Alumni journal. New York: Alumni Association of the College of Pharmacy of the City of New York, 1894-1896. url p. 276.
- The Annals and magazine of natural history; zoology, botany, and geology being a continuation of the Annals combined with Loudon and Charlesworth's Magazine of Natural History. London, Taylor and Francis, Ltd. url p. 186, p. 422, p. 422, p. 422.
- The Bradley bibliography; a guide to the literature of the woody plants of the world published before the beginning of the twentieth century; Cambridge, Riverside Press, 1911-18. url p. 124, p. 464, p. 521, p. 905.
- The California horticulturist and floral magazine. San Francisco, Calif.: F.A. Miller & Co., 1870- url p. 115, p. 115.
- The Coccidae of Ceylon. By E. Ernest Green. .. London, Dulau & Co., ltd., 1896-1922. url p. 222.
- The Conservation Atlas of Tropical Forests: Asia and the Pacific IUCN url p. 123.
- The Entomologist's monthly magazine. Oxford [etc.]Entomologist's Monthly Magazine Ltd. [etc.] url p. 97, p. 97.
- The Entomologist. London: Simpkin, Marshall & Co., [1877- url .
- The Farmer's magazine. [London: Rogerson and Tuxford, 1834-1881. url p. 506.
- The Ficus elastica in Burma proper: or a narrative of my journey in search of it: a descriptive account of its habits of growth and the process followed by the Kakhyens in the preparation of caoutchouc / by G. W. Strettell. Rangoon: Printed at the Government Press, 1876. url p. 176, p. 197, p. 23.
- The Garden: an illustrated weekly journal of gardening in all its branches. London: [s.n., url .
- The Gardener's monthly and horticultural advertiser. Philadelphia [Pa.: s.n.1859-1875] url p. 187.
- The Gardeners' chronicle: a weekly illustrated journal of horticulture and allied subjects. London: [Gardeners Chronicle], 1874-1955. url p. 351, p. 380, p. 75.
- The Hawaiian forester and agriculturist. Honolulu: Hawaiian Gazette Co., 1904-1933. url , , , , , p. 232.
- The Irish naturalist. Dublin: Eason & Son, Ltd., 1892- url p. 192.
- The Journal of the Bombay Natural History Society. Bombay: The Society, url p. 1278, p. 155, p. 178, p. 224, p. 246, p. 446, p. 460, p. 524, p. 610, p. 770, p. 895.
- The Journal of the Linnean Society. Botany. 11 1871 London: the Society: Longman, Green, Longman, Roberts & Green: ||Williams and Norgate, 1865-1968. url p. 19, p. 305.
- The Philippine journal of science. 4 1909 Manila. url p. 459, p. 469, p. 534, p. 545.
- The Review of applied entomology. Farnham Royal, Eng. [etc.]: Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux [etc.] url p. 148, p. 242, p. 291, p. 403, p. 417, p. 487, p. 545, p. 553, p. 555, p. 595, p. 606, p. 608, p. 680.
- The Scientific proceedings of the Royal Dublin Society. Dublin: The Society, 1877- url p. 113.
- The agricultural pests of India, and of eastern and southern Asia, vegetable and animal, injurious to man and his products. By Surgeon General Edward Green Balfour. .. London, B. Quaritch, 1887. url p. 41.
- The botany of Bihar and Orissa: an account of all the known indigenous plants of the province and of the most important or most commonly cultivated exotic ones / with maps and introduction by H. H. Haines. London: Printed by Adlard and sold by agents for Indian Official Publications, 1921-25. url p. 1240.
- The chemical synthesis of vital products and the interrelations between organic compounds / By Raphael Meldola. London: E. Arnold, 1904. url p. 138, p. 139, p. 160, p. 295.
- The commercial products of India: being an abridgment of The dictionary of the economic products of India / by Sir George Watt; published under the authority of His Majesty's secretary of state for India in council. London: J. Murray, 1908. url p. 12, p. 8, p. 9.
- The commercial products of the vegetable kingdom, considered in their various uses to man and in their relation to the arts and manufactures; forming a practical treatise and handbook of reference for the colonist, manufacturer, merchant, and consume London, Day, 1854. url p. 496.
- The complete herbalist, or The people their own physicians by the use of nature's remedies: describing the great curative properties found in the herbal kingdom. .. / by Dr. O. Phelps Brown. Jersey City, N. J.: Published by the author, 1897. url p. 489.
- The dog, by William Youatt. Ed., with additions, by E. J. Lewis. Philadelphia, Lea and Blanchard, 1847. url p. 258.
- The dog. London, Longman, 1854. url p. 258.
- The elements of botany embracing organography, histology, vegetable physiology, systematic botany and economic botany. .. together with a complete glossary of botanical terms Philadelphia, J. E. Potter and Company[c1883] url .
- The fauna of British India, including Ceylon and Burma. By Eugene W. Oates. London, Taylor and Francis; [etc., etc.]1889-98. url p. 48.
- The flora sylvatica for southern India: containing quarto plates of all the principal timber trees in southern India and Ceylon, accompanied by a botanical manual, with descriptions of every known tree and shrub, and analysis of every genus Madras, Printed by Gantz Brothers[1869-73] url p. 49.
- The forest flora of north-west and central India: a handbook of the indigenous trees and shrubs of those countries / Commenced by by J. Lindsay Stewart. Continued and completed by Dietrich Brandis. Prepared at the herbarium of the Royal gardens, Kew. LondonW.H. Allen1874 url p. 186.
- The forest trees of Britain / by the late C. A. Johns...Published under the direction of the Committee of general literature and education, appointed by the Society for promoting Christian knowledge. London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1886. url p. 108.
- The forest trees of Britain. London, S.P.C.K.[n.d.] url p. 108.
- The forest trees of Mysore and Coorg. Bangalore, Mysore Govt. Central Press, 1894. url .
- The forests and gardens of South India. London, W. H. Allen, 1861. url , .
- The forests of upper India and their inhabitants, by Thomas W. Webber. London: E. Arnold, 1902. url p. 255.
- The heart of nature; or, The quest for natural beauty, London, J. Murray, 1921. url .
- The highlands of central India: notes on their forests and wild tribes, natural history and sports / London: Chapman and Hall, Ltd., 1919. url .
- The journal of the Asiatic Society of Bengal. Calcutta: Bishop's College Press, 1832-1936 url p. 216, p. 231, p. 260.
- The natural history of Pliny. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 51.
- The natural history of Pliny. Tr., with copious notes and illustrations, by the late John Bostock and H. T. Riley. London, H. G. Bohn, 1855-57. url p. 51.
- The nests and eggs of Indian birds. London, R. H. Porter, 1889-90. url , .
- The principles of botany, structural, functional and systematic, condensed and immediately adapted to the use of students of medicine. London, Hightley, 1840. url p. 183.
- The tropical agriculturist. Colombo, Ceylon: A.M. & J. Ferguson, 1882- url p. 833.
- The world's commercial products; a descriptive account of the economic plants of the world and of their commercial uses by W. G. Freeman and S. E. Chandler. .. with contributions by T. A. Henry, C. E. Jones, and E. H. Wilson. London, Sir I. Pitman and sons, limited1907. url p. 356.
- Timber and some of its diseases / by H. Marshall Ward. London: Macmillan, 1909. url p. 56.
- Timber and some of its diseases. LondonMacmillan1909 url p. 56.
- Timber. LondonConstable1908 url p. 178.
- Transactions and proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh. [Edinburgh]: The Society, 1891-1970. url p. 130, p. 130, p. 281.
- Transactions of the Scottish Arboricultural Society. Edinburgh: The Society, -1887. url p. 110.
- Transactions of the Zoological Society of London. [London]: Published for the Zoological Society of London by Academic Press url p. 168.
- Tropical agriculture: the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url , , , .
- Tropical agriculture; the climate, soils, cultural methods, crops, live stock, commercial importance and opportunities of the tropics / by Earley Vernon Wilcox. London: D. Appleton and Company, 1916. url p. 223, p. 229, p. 291, p. 361.
- Tropical nature; an account of the most remarkable phenomena of life in the western tropics. Compiled from the narratives of distinguished travellers and observers. New YorkNelson[187-?] url p. 11.
- Vegetable substances: materials of manufactures / [published under the superintendence of the Society of the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge]. London: C. Knight, 1833. url p. 184.
- Vernacular list of trees, shrubs, and woody climbers in the Madras Presidency. Madras, Printed by the Superintendant, Government Press, 1915. url p. 1020, p. 478.
- Veröffentlichungen der Zoologischen Staatssammlung München. 14 1970 München: Die Staatssammlung, url p. 109.
- Veterinary medicines 1911 url p. 642, p. 643.
- West African forests and forestry / London: T.F. Unwin, ltd.,  url , , .
- West African forests and forestry, by A. Harold Unwin. .. with 110 illustrations by the author. London, T. F. Unwin, ltd. url p. 122, p. 125, p. 131, p. 98.
- Wissenschaftliche ergebnisse der Deutschen Zentral-Africa-Expedition, 1907-1908: unter Führung Adolf Friedrichs, herzogs zu Mecklenburg. Leipzig: Klinkhardt & Biermann, 1910- url p. 235.
- Wöhler's Outlines of organic chemistry By Rudolph Fittig. .. Tr. from the 8th German ed. with additions, by Ira Remsen Philadelphia, H.C. Lea, 1873 url p. 425, p. 425.
- Brands, S.J. (comp.) 1989-present. The Taxonomicon. Universal Taxonomic Services, Zwaag, The Netherlands. Accessed January 9, 2012.
Accessed through GBIF Data Portal January 28, 2008:
- Australian National Herbarium
- , Australian National Herbarium
- Missouri Botanical Garden, Missouri Botanical Garden
- National Herbarium of New South Wales, NSW herbarium collection
- Biodiversity Heritage Library NamebankID: 3876900
- Catalogue of Life Accepted Name Code: ILD-16744
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility Taxonkey: 13634927
- Globally Unique Identifier: urn:lsid:ipni.org:names:469951-1
- GRIN Nomen Number: 803
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS) Taxonomic Serial Number (TSN): 506363
- International Plant Names Index (IPNI) ID: 469951-1
- U.S.D.A. Plant Symbol: ACCA21
- Zipcode Zoo Species Identifier: 1899
- "Acacia". in Flora of Pakistan. Published by Science Press (Beijing) and Missouri Botanical Garden Press. Online at EFloras.org. [back]
- Mean = 1,012.710 meters (3,322.539 feet), Standard Deviation = 1,215.890 based on 7 observations. Ocean depth information for each observation from British Oceanographic Data Centre. [back]